Considering how much movie and cartoon companies are banking on nostalgia and reviving old stuff can we expect this...

Considering how much movie and cartoon companies are banking on nostalgia and reviving old stuff can we expect this wave to hit vidya soon?

It already is?

That ship has fucking sailed. Pixelshit, remakes and remasters, games like yooka laylee and MN9 are all products of that. and fuck of Holla Forums crossposter

Wait, I just realized.
THE 90'S/2000'S ARE COMING BACK

Where do you think they got the idea in the first place? The whole industry is run on 20-30+ year old franchises, movie execs would kill for that kind of rehashing.

There is a difference between an HD remake an a sequel but considering the good reception it got we probably will get a sequel.

Did you just wake up from a coma?

It already is, not as badly as comics and movies are though. Just look at the nonstop indie games who are "inspired" by older games.

You would have a point if modern pixel games actually looked like retro games but they don't.

I'm confused. Would anyone actually watch these on tv? Only younger kids watch tv still and they would never know anything about this show. So why exactly does this exist?

There are streaming services now user.

They already are honestly, just look at Sonic. With Unleashed they introduced 2D sections in a 3D game, if that doesn't scream desperation then I don't know what does.

Hopefully not, i don't want today's jewish money-grabbing practices and diversity shoehorning into yesterday's games. See:

Pixel art isn't intended to duplicate how things looked in the past, it to duplicate how people remember them looking in the past.

I love cars and all the until a few years ago boomers would get BTFO'd all the time for claiming 60s sports and muscle cars were the pinnacle of performance. When all their recorded performance data shows they would get beat by souped up Acorrds.

Back around 2010 a car magazine did a head to head with a 1960s Jaguar and a Honda Odyssey and the mini van won.

Early Spongebob stole the plot for several of Rocko's episodes and redid them SHOT FOR SHOT.

I think you're trying to make a point that everyone on this board already knows. That user knows indie pixelshit doesn't look as good as actual old games. That's not what he's saying.
That's how I know you're not from here

Well, that explains why early Spongebob was good but then went to such utter shit when they couldn't copy off a better show anymore.

That's because a lot of the talent behind Rocko moved on to make Spongebob, including the voices of Spongebob, Plankton, and the show's creator, Derek Drymon.

Not Derek Drymon, Stephen Hillenburg. My bad.

I like Mega Man 9. It's the only good "retro" game I know of.

I liked what few they showed in there. It still feels like Rocko, and mocks a lot of modern shit like smartphones, smartwatches, Starbucks and the obsession with fusing shitty street food.

The Hey Arnold feels less better but it's still good, and thankfully it will only be a movie, but the character dynamics and nods were good as well.

People are hyped to see the new Invader Zim, but I'm not sure. I saw it some months ago and it doesn't hold on as well as Rocko. It hit the spot because it was edgy, but nowadays it only seems like they're shouting random kooky stuff and see what sticks, and I rarely liked Gir but people fucking love Gir, Dib and his dad were better. And I don't know about Jhonen Vasquez, he just feels like the most pissy edgiest motherfucker. I'm not gonna cry or cheer for Invader Zim, but if it's good, it's good.

What are your opinions on these 3, Holla Forums? I'm not going to fucking Holla Forumsckshed, you're a thousand times better than them.

I don't blame Vasquez for hating the invader zim fans after he joined nickaloden.

That was the case? I didn't know that. I only read that he created that Nick character with the giant screw on his head to be always happy as a way to flip off Nickelodeon, so that's justified from his part.

Oh yeah, Vasquez wanted the story to leave earth and focus more on Zim's home world while Dib and his family tags along to stop Zim. Planet jackers, the episode where he had to go to boot camp in another planet, and his exile to a fast food planet were going to me much more common but nick exces told him to make the show relate to kids by having more classroom settings. Tense feelings blew up to the point Vasquez told nick to fuck off and the show died after the Christmas special. At least he's back to being a nobody making shit again. Feels real fucking bad, man.

For fuck's sake, though it's to be expected from a fucking kids' channel from back then. Those episodes you mention were very fun, especially the fast food planet one.

It's the same exact thing that's happening. The thing with vidya is why would you make a new thing when you can just update the graphics a bit and sell the game at full price again? It's less noticeable with the last couple of gens because that's most of a system's library, but the core is the same as what's happening on tv and in film.

Not all Indie games are bad. There are some that are pretty good like Hotline Miami.

This is probably because 60's cars were built like motherfucking tanks: all steel, and modern cars are made half of plastic and half of aluminum foil. You can stick a lawn-mower engine inside a car that weighs 500 pounds and expect it to outrace a car that weighs two tons.

Duke Nukem reboot when?

He's talking about conman's magnum opus you goob.

I'll be honest I'm starting to get sick of shit pixel art, especially when there's a fun game behind it that I can't play because everything looks like literal dogshit.

I know that. Mega Man 9 is an early product of the nostalgia wave. It's pixelshit, but competently made.

But it was more 80s than anything else. A new Mega Man X done in 16-bit style would be more 90s.

Hacks like Bethesda buying up classic IPs and bastardizing them for modern gaming fags to pretend that they are appreciating classics.

We're already there.

Yes please.