FFXIV:Stormblood Thread

```Market Board Kikery Edition```

```Current Patch 4.05:```eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/99b3a5c490b174e2e8382b05eb1fc7fea9115bfc

Free trial up to level 35 with some minor limits. You can freely try out each jobs to your hearts content.
For new players: ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:A_Realm_Reborn_Beginner's_Guide
Gatherer leveling guide: ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-gathering-guide-faq/
Crafter leveling guide: ffxivguild.com/category/disciples-of-hand/
Toolkits for hyperautists and raidfags: ffxiv.ariyala.com

General advice for beginners:
- Get to level 70 ASAP.
- Do gather and crafting for gils.
- Do your daily roulettes.
- Join FC (guild) for friends and benefits.

There are Holla Forums FC on Exodus, but I do not remember the rest. Hopefully they will fill in the rest. And also there is this one server in US with shitters, ERPers, and general undesirable cancers, cannot remember the name, just avoid that shit like the plague.

Shitpost about GCD; tear each other apart about jobs, balance, ACTs; complain about that shitter last night; discuss economy and how you fucked up trying to play MB; and have fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/667d9b72918a8b11d87f393b59afa9d18e65a74b
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/blackmage/#pvp
pixiv.net/member.php?id=902322
youtube.com/watch?v=odtO8jOa7Ww
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot to how to bold text properly, bugger me.

WHEN IS SHIROGANE OPENING UP?
I need to grab a mansion asap and then resell the plot for a billion to retarded weebs

Western servers were a mistake.

OP, you don't know the half of it.

I know I sound like a megajew but man, the market board is complete shit right now. I can sell half my stuff to npc vendors and make more money than on there.

I surmise it would be around 4.1 or the same time that Return to Ivalice and other batch of contents comes around.

What the flying fuck? What crashed the MB with no survivors over there? New shitters transfers with fresh SE given 300k~3m free gil? On Tonberry, kikery level is at all time high. That folklore lumber was 800 gil before patch, then it went to 10k, then 800 again. Those poor BTN buggers are getting kike'd hard leveling and wasting time gathering that shit when a potato in Ul'Dah sits in front of MB and raking in shekels like mad.

Honestly, I think it's the free 1m gil when they hit 30. But even then, there's usually some dumb niggers who spend it all needlessly on gear or materials and don't mind hiked up prices.
Also, since there's so many people taking up DoL jobs there's so many trying to sell it. I bet a lot of it is kids on their summer holidays who don't understand how they're shitting up the economy by making everything 10 gil apiece because they still get a profit, even with the Board taking a cut.

It's better for me to sell to someone inside my FC for a reasonable price to completely bypass that. Didn't think FF14 would be the thing to make me appreciate a like-for-like exchange economy. Fuck.

Then BUY the cheap stuff and then sell it to vendors for a profit.
Do you even kike?

While I may look full cryptokike I am a bad jew, I know.

JUDEN ALERT
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/667d9b72918a8b11d87f393b59afa9d18e65a74b

Thanks, user.

Daily reminder Tataru is best girl

With consistency in the challenge log and some luck out of mini cactpot/ Wonder Trails, the grind was worth the weight. I love this coat.

Pipin > Tataru

BLU when?

Never.

(checked)
That dub tells the truth, user, my condolences. Now, Yoshi P., tell me, where the hell is my GEOmancer tank, MYStic/ORAcle healer, and DANcer support melee.

He's just Sonichu tho

You deserve nothing

Considering DPS queues after 4.0 launch, if 5.0 doesn't have their two classes be tank and healer, I'm going to buy a ticket to Japan so I can finally put Yoshi P out of his misery.

I'm torn, as a crafter I would love them to reintroduce ninja tools but the casuals of this game won't allow that. Not to mention /nin or evasion tanks are garbage tier.

dps queues are fixed now though since the adventurer-in-need bonus isn't garbage anymore and it's set to dps often. I have been popping every roulette as nin in under 10 minutes since 4.05 hit

Whoops, sorry, posted wrong version

At least Raubaun earned his freedom unlike the niggers who are squatting in little al mingo.

It was set to DPS often because since SE want to increase heal/tank by encouraging bribing them with cracked clusters. Shitty part-time tanks and heals are crawling outta woodworks and fucking up the DF so hard the dial went full circle and looped back up to good. Instant queue as a DPS here, what a time we live in.

What crashes the market is people who undercut on purpose and then snatch up the lowballers when the bottom end drops out. There are literally retainers named "Undercutter" and "Lowballer" that I have seen on Excalibur where I play. The only things left that make a ton of money are either materia or cooking because they take insane amounts of effort to produce top quality stuff.

Good idea. Hey wanna buy a mansion? You look like the weebiest faggot I ever saw.

Raubaun is the only Ala Mhnigger that is even remotely powerful or cool, watching him autistically rage is one of the best parts of the game. When he gets his arm sliced off and still hits Ilberd so hard he and the people standing next to him fly across the room was the coolest shit ever pretty much.

I'm in for the fighting, not the housing. I'm good with hanging out in my FC's crib. Money's better spent on dumb shit like barding or minion materials, you know? Besides, i'm more for smaller houses, not mansions; too much to keep tidy.

How do you set a second clock to display on the HUD? I swear I saw that on a screenshot here some time ago

I don't know why you would need two clocks other than to use both Eorzea time and real time. But that can be done pretty easily by turning the in game clock to Eorzea time and then turning timestamps on for your chat log.

Just give us a dancer healer that uses TP instead of MP
I don't know how or if it'd work but that's why they don't pay me to add shit to their game

[email protected]/* */

8 wins away from my 3rd pvp horse, 300 kills away from my hand of mercy title

i have lost control of my life

It's in the settings fam.

You're the only character I see in every thread. Why doesn't everybody post themselves? Maybe it'll give these threads some life.

avatarfag boogyman brought on by legitimate faggotry from the cuckchan general

i just don't post her often because i'm not an avatarfag.

i mean if you are willing to put in the time for gathering mats into their first set of HQ mats you can make plenty of gil on anything.

She is pretty glorious, making a good looking roe-ho is pretty hard but you managed to pull it off with aplomb.

I don't know about that because I don't go there, my bad. Nice glams though, you look arrrr-right

This is me and my chocopope, I just wanted to be a /cuteboy/ tech n mech but all the shirts suck dick at my level.

Is it okay to post my potato?

Hurray another maintenance.

posting my healpure maiden

maybe its to fix mch who am i kidding this class aint gonna be useful for another 6 months just like sb

male au ra and miqote need to be fucking gassed. literally the worst of the worst.

Why are you so upset? Show me where the handsome dragon boy touched you.

thanks famalam. i was going for kind of a yuki-onna look. it turned out better than i thought it would. here's another i took awhile back.

that's actually a pretty cute potato. we'll roast you last.

shisui set best set. for every job.

Once in a while is fine, but pushing it is avatarfaggotry.

on the one hand it's a neat idea, and the homage to automata is great. but on the other, holy fuck the number of 2B's i've seen over the past few weeks has been insane.

im wondering when we are gonna get a proper nier event, people have been asking for it for awhile

I'm flattered. I'll spend the extra time trying to get more decent screenshots.
And a Tamamo Headband. I really want one but am never on when the FATE spawns.

it's a great set for sure, The only issue i have with it are the sleeves. Trying to lose them on the tanking set is hard with the shoulder guards clipping into everything

I'd level my MCH despite it being garbage for that weapon

oh shit. this real?

that is some spot on shit. if they let people get 2B's entire outfit i doubt we'll see anything but 2B's and potato's and potato 2B's for months.

checkin those dubs. it's not easy to find the right lighting/outfit. i never used to care about glamour, but then i started playing warframe a lot and suddenly found myself caring about color combinations and shit like i never had before.

here's an older healer glam and jannequinard being an extreme memer i used, back before i discovered the joys of the shisui sets.

Alright, how do I git gud at PVP. I've never truly understood how pvp works in MMOs since it looks like it's mostly just spamming hotbars. For example, getting good in pvp in more real time games like Dark Souls requires knowing the moveset of your weapons and the timing of attacks and dodging and the type attacks you have available to you. But for MMOs aren't they just dice rolls wether you dodge on not and whether you get a crit? What defines a good PVPer in mmos and how to become one?

One of the most important things for PVP in this game is not to be caught alone. Make sure you always have a buddy next to you, or two for good measure.
Second, try to always be prepared. This means buffs, shields, etc. Popping a thirty second buff the moment you start fighting has two problems: 99 percent of fights are over in ten seconds or less, and the one or two seconds you spend activating the ability could be spent doing thousands of damage. In this game particularly it will probably trigger your >GCD as well, leaving you open even longer.
Third, try to thin the odds whenever you can. This works best with the buddy system, because if you stun or bind one player, you can turn a two on two fight into a two on one fight where you melt the one with no backup, and leave his stunned/bound friend alone as well afterwards.
Fourth and most important is communication. Premades will always, always win over DFs because they share their eyes instead of being reactionary. The best way to win PVP is to do it with friends.

-t. 7th place Beta Wolf titleholder

So I should activate my buffs when I predict that I'll be in combat soon instead of buffing myself right there and then in a fight?

Yes, exactly. Don't forget that your opponents have cooldowns just like you do, so if they've just fired something off, you have two seconds to sneak in a buff if it runs out mid fight.

How about combat rotations? It's not a simple as doing PVE rotations is it?

No it is not. For one you have completely different abilities and a much bigger pool to pull from with TP and MP. Two, some classes completely change their use.

For instance, in PVE a black mage is DPS. In PVP they are best used for CC and addling (like sleep bombing a bunch of pussies hiding behind a wall) and you can even tank with Manaward/wall. So you are going to want to focus your rotations around those things instead of doing raw damage. Basically, you just need to play. If someone who is playing your class is kicking your shit in, pay attention to how they did it and emulate it.

not entirely. there's no real rotation. i've only really played MCH since the new changes came out, so i'll give you my experience there.

start off with your gauss barrel equipped, and use Hot Shot to get your heat up to 50. use your main shot combo from there on out to deal damage, while using Cooldown once you're at 75+ heat in order to kick your heat level down by 25. this will keep you from overheating by accident.

if someone gets low, or you find a priority target (i.e. they get debuffed by a WAR's Butcher Block combo) then you hit Stun Gun to Overheat your Barrel, Wildfire the target, and begin spamming Quick Reload and your main combo as fast as you can, with Between The Eyes in there for good measure. this is a stupid amount of ranged damage in a pretty short period of time (7s) with a big hit at the end from Wildfire. if possible, add Blank in to up the Wildfire damage even more, but this isn't always worth the risk of getting into melee range.

chances are, unless the target was already pretty tanky or is being babysat and spam healed by a healer, they're dead. so you let your barrel cooldown, reapply it, then go back to the beginning.

alternatively, you can play it a bit higher on the heat so you can trigger Overheat state via your normal combo, and save Stun Gun for if you actually need the stun.

MCH is incredibly powerful in pvp right now, with very high reliable damage that can be applied at range. a good melee, especially a SAM or DRG, can put out more burst in a shorter period of time, but they also have to contend with the ultra-shitty netcode that makes pvp cancer for any melee class. MCH also comes with a ranged snare, giving a solid option to help pick off people who overextend, and is the only ranged class with a true stun.

FINALLY SOMEONE DID IT WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE DO THIS AFTER WE FUCKED NIDHOGG?

Bruh. He's trying to learn, don't fill his head with retarded ass shit.

Welp, time for me to jump into PVP and die a bunch.

Because back then we did the equivalent, throw them down the cliff with storm of ice/wind aether below, forgetting to account in the Asscians. The eyes back then were probably still full of RAGE/aether so popping them would be a bad idea. Mr. Sloppy using it to create Shinryu drained the aether out of the eyes so they can be safely popped.

And also I want to fuck Yotsuyu too. Probably soon, the horny nips will draw those delicious R34 out.

We wouldn't have had SB's storyline otherwise. But yeah, it was kinda retarded just throwing them down the chasm.

Also, I want to abuse Yotsuyu's lips.

breaks on damage

breaks on damage

doesn't even limit their movement and is only of value on casters. silence won't do shit to stop that DRG or SAM who is diving your healer to LB them, but MCH has two answers for that; stun the fucker, or knock him back with Blank. that means you can stop two separate diving melee if need be.

nigga you say you got 7th place, but obviously that's before the recent revamp. you need to get on MCH and try it yourself motherfucker. based on this little quote

you haven't yet learned that BLM sleep is now 3s long. in fact, there is no CC in pvp, either soft or hard, that lasts longer than 4s now. and BLM certainly doesn't have an aoe sleep anymore. have you even looked at the new pvp actions for each class?

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/blackmage/#pvp

educate thyself

Is that a bloody assault rifle for MCH?

Its two serversBalmung and Gilgamesh. They're so big they're like cancer figuratively and literally

and to think all it took was one of the two highest pop servers being shut down. gilgamesh and balmeme are cancer, and need to be cut off like the gangrenous limbs that they are.

realistically, SE has to just put aside the overly polite nipponese way of doing things and enforce mandatory server transfers for half of greg and 2/3 of balmeme. those two servers alone have something like 27k people on them or some ridiculous number. when greg crashed it was estimated that ~10k people were dc'd from the game, which meant the number of idiots mindlessly clicking on raubahn dropped drastically, allowing literally everyone else to get in

finally using my conal aoe won't trigger my /k/tism

i dont think Gilgamesh is like Balmung

for any old wow vets, Gilgamesh is like Darkspear when Swifty was popular with the normalfags and Balmung is like Moonguard which needs no explanation and i doubt you will find someone in this thread willing to give you one

Wew, lad. Play more than one game and come back when you want to win.
You're gonna need some proof there, fella. It gets outclassed by WHM even, and that's absolutely atrocious. In the new update they even -lost more- dps. It only loses out to SCH. This is from numbers being recorded since the beginning of the current preseason, PVP only. MCH and NIN are two classes you will never, -ever- see in top ranking teams. The fact you think DRG is even remotely at SAMs level shows you have a lot to learn. I will never play MCH because I like winning, thank you very much. I'd rather play a ranged class that's actually useful like BRD, I understand MCH is probably your main but its shit in PVE and PVP both right now and they only keep making it worse. Lying to yourself and to new players trying to learn isn't going to change that.

And of course I placed before the revamp, the new season still hasn't started. I'm surprised someone who allegedly knows what they're talking about could get so much wrong. I also am shocked by how upset being corrected makes you, surely you're not so personally invested in a shit class that you think sticking your head in the sand and screaming is going to fool anybody?

But will MCH holding a bullpup design assault rifle like a pistol trigger your /k/ism? Would be excusable if it was something like MP7, but this shit has a stock.

Maybe MCH total class rework is coming soon with pistol/smg/shotgun/rifle/gauss interchangable parts/barrels/stances and swapping magazines for other types of aether-aspected bullets like fire bullets/ice bullets/lightning bullet? (The current lore for MCH is that they use lightning aether instead of gunpower to propel the bullet.)

you're mostly right. balmeme is the cancer/erp/distilled tumblr server that, for whatever reason, has the largest population of any single server in game. last estimate i saw was between 15 and 18k. on the one hand this is nice, cause most of the worst faggotry self-segregates onto balmung, but on the other, you run into occasional issues where the sheer size of the server causes problems for other servers via the duty/dungeon server cluster, as it did in early access and often does any time new 8 or 24-man content comes out, but usually only for a day or three if history is any judge. the omega release wasn't too terrible tbh

greg doesn't have the erpers and bbq faggots like balmeme does, but it is supposedly the "high end" raiding server, so "serious raiders" go there to raid seriously, and so with this reputation comes a desire for all the tryhard's and wannabe's to join it.

i think it says something that the faggot/furry/erp server is more populated that the tryhard raider server, but i don't think i want to know what that something is.

just admit it; you didn't look at any of the pvp skills until i linked you the website. hell, with this level of ignorance it's clear you haven't even pvp'd since the xpac came out. it's bad enough that you're lying to us, but to yourself? sad!

Holy shit NIN at 70 is solid fucking gold

Just a bunch of greentexting and memes filled with so many strawmen that crows fly away from that post. I can already tell from your shitty and lazy capitalization and punctuation that you're the same PVP shitposter that got destroyed by me and multiple anons last thread, so you have fun being ignored by literally everybody. Don't say I didn't try to educate you, I forget kindness is wasted on the ignorant. You keep playing your MCH buddy, you do you and feed my team and I those free medals. Thanks in advance!

i'm just going to convince myself it's some sort of future-tech full-auto obrez. it's the only way.

checkin' those trips

i love the sprint animation for MCH, very high-speed low-draw SpecOps-ish. should look great with that new rifle. i do wonder how the sprint looks with the ferdinand or hand cannon-type weapons, since i tend to favor the look of the longer barreled carbine-style guns.

Checked, and my bad. Have not been in touch with my inner /k/ for years. But still, I wonder if holding a bullpup like a pistol will not trigger your /k/tism.

It can be done. Firing while mobile would be what triggers the /k/.

do tell how that was. I played on ragnaros.

THE SERVERS ARE UP

Maintenance was done before the schedule. Hurry and rake in the shekels and clusters (also DPS is 'in need' in Tonberry now)

давай давай.

Let's assume DNC gets added to the game. Do you think it would work nicely with a spell chaining system? (I can only think of Magicka as an example right now, but I'm sure it's been done before that)
You'd essentially have a few very basic dance moves, but get 3 piece combinations at level 27, 4 piece at 50, and 5 piece at 60, 6 piece at 70, while unlocking different/stronger versions of the finisher spells along the way. Longer chains = bigger damage/utility, and access to unique finishers. The gauge management gimmick would be stamina, you'd need to do a "rest" dance every few rotations to keep up your dance.

Fuck I just kind of realized that's what SAM does.

let's be real bruh; you said some stupid shit, got called out on it, and now you're scrambling because you just revealed to the whole thread how your "t. 7th place Beta Wolf" bullshit was bullshit. no "real" pvp'er would be so ignorant to offer the unbelievably outdated and thus stupid advice you gave that other user. a real pvp'er would have known that manaward/wall are no longer a thing in pvp, and that sleep is no longer aoe.

these aren't small details user. these are major tells that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about, and now that you've been called out about it you're falling back to newfag levels of damage control. i even saw these flaws in your post before i posted mine, but i chose not to call them out because what you said was keyword, was relevant, and very good advice, prior to the xpac. but as of the changes going live, it's useless. then when i chimed in, you decided to wave the e-peen and start spouting even more bullshit about "winning teams" when there isn't even an option to Q as a team yet because ranked 4v4 is limited to solo Q, while 8v8 is limited to solo or duo Q.

just stop. it's embarassing.

and to think, we had such a nice exchange earlier on

let's see if you can guess my main correctly

i always envisioned DNC as being very similar to MNK, but now that SAM is in the game, i can see it being a kind of MNK/SAM hybrid, taking the stances from MNK and the resource management from SAM and combining them. going from your example, if you had let's say 6 different moves that you could chain, all one to the other, you would have quite a few different combinations that could be used. the complexity would come from the order you would use them in, with certain moves in certain positions (used 2nd, or used 5th, or used as the finisher or something) perhaps granting further power to future moves or what not. but you would also have the option to chain similar moves together, perhaps for a shorter term benefit at the cost of a longer term gain (or vice versa).

a simple analogy would be, as a SAM, sitting on Guren during the sword phase when you know you have enough dps to break the sword in time, so instead you keep Guren until Susano pops back up again and use it on him instead. only with DNC it might be using a weaker 3 or 4-move combo in place of a full 6-move combo because the immediate benefit of the smaller combo outweighs the longer term gain you would from the extra 2-3 GCD's.

it could be really interesting if done right. given how SE did RDM and SAM i'm inclined to say they could easily do something similar with DNC.

well
there was a nerd called swifty who wasnt good at the game but was very popular on youtube, he played on darkspear so every retard on the planet rerolled on darkspear
not much else to say about that really, similar things have happened with other somewhat wow players but darkspear is probably the first extreme example of it happening

It's a free market dude, and its my duty to deprived kikes from his shekels.

I'm nothing exciting to look at, unfortunately.

you are ruining that outfit with those gloves

Is it really so hard to make a sober glam?

I know. But it's an old picture.

I usually only take screenshots when I have a new glam I want to show off.

black, red and a kinna weapon
not a good combination

It's all red. The lighting is making it look black.

yeah thats not making it better

Thanks for reminding me why I don't post pictures of my character.

Gay ass, statistically shit BRD catboy edition. I'm thinking of levelling up a healing class but I find bard fun to play.

I've never found a reason to glamour gear when they're just going to drop another tier at some point

DRK QUEST OFFICIALLY HAVE THE BEST JOB QUEST EVER

Nothing compares to how awesome this is

Maybe it's because I played a lot of City of Heroes back in the day where your appearance was just a thing you could change freely whenever, and had no connection to loot, but I became something of a fashionista. I even won a few costume contests in atlas park in my time. Freedom server for life.

Honestly I don't glam that much in FuhFuh ziv beyond getting all my gear to look like it matches. None of my friends give a shit so if I show something I really proud of I just get "oh thats cool" and nothing more.

I'd probably get back into it hardcore if I had someone to discuss and compare glams with. Just doing it for your own self-satisfaction isn't as fun as the way it was in CoH where to some level or another the entire community was interested in it.

no fashion sense pleb detected

I've got several just lying around. My problem is glamouring something that I'm not going to be using for a long time.

Disgraceful

Glamour it again and again

dead site

You could run Pharos Sirius (H) too, if you want a break from Arboretum.

Had the same problem but with the daring duelist set, boots didn't drop until stormblood came out. Hang in there.

Been doing treasure hunt and new aquapolis (uznair) for fun and profit with 4 other friends. Anyone doing the same? How do you fight last boss undermanned?

That place is one of the worst dungeons in all of HW, specially with pug faggots

How bad is the final boss user?

Just offering an alternative, user.

THREE

FC is 40 people, but everyone is active. Final boss is not that bad, we are just overwhelmed with adds and we cannot heal fast enough.

==SECONDS=

GLOBAL COOLDOWN

Nice job.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Summerfags can't even shitpost right. Get the fuck outta here.

Downright pathetic

checking those dubs.

in stormblood, they added a guaranteed chance to get an item relevant to your character (i.e. from the set in that dungeon) each time you finish it. i ran steel vigil late last night on my rdm and got auto-looted the caster ring from there once we killed the final boss. this means they changed HW dungeons to function like SB dungeons do.

now, you can't collect a piece if you already have that piece because it's exclusive. this means if you run the dungeon and save every piece of loot that you get for your class, then you only have to run the dungeon, at max, 11-13 times depending on what class you are using. just don't throw away the gear from your class set until you get the piece you want.

kek is with us today.

my friends and i managed to make it to the final chamber on wednesday. we had 5 dps, 2 heal and me as tank. that seemed to be enough, although we did take a few deaths in the final chamber just because it seems like almost every fucking mob in that place has a huge hitbox so you can only overpower 3-4 at a time while they all jockey around each other due to how fuckhueg they are.

i remember when eorzean shitposting used to be great. sad!

Alright.

I haven't played in a while, but why not.

not my normal class or gear, but i paused it just right so fuck it

you will never be this cute

fuck it

Only in leveling dungeons. 50/60/70 dungeons do not work like that.

you sure about that user? i can run ala mhigo or fist or kugane and get a piece of arhat gear after the final boss. i can run any of the SB dungeons and get a piece of the relevant tier gear from there after each boss. and i've run vault, steel vigil and sohm al not just in a roulette, but by directly choosing them and received a piece of gear after the final boss each time. it's a beautiful thing, if only for the guaranteed seals.

each final boss is what i mean.

Why do people undercut instead of selling at the same price? If you're going to jew people, you might as well work together in doing so.

To guarantee that yours get sold first without question regardless of marketboard tax, so you can free up retainer slots to sell other stuff?

What is the best Grand Company and why is it Limsa?
Too bad mch is garbage now. What a waste.

user, you know not the horrors you may unleash with this post.

I have two

Clever girl.

Even undercutting by 1 gil guarantees your item will be first on the list, and no one buys the lower items unless the top is a retarded huge stack of shit you just need 1 of

That's not my character

im stealing that pic for a "soon."

just ran a vault on my rdm so i could hit 58. selected only the vault as my dungeon, and was auto-looted the caster earrings upon beating the final boss. keep at it plague doctor user!

Alright I'll give it another shot today then

JUST

That's from a level 60 dungeon. Vault is a level 55 dungeon iirc. The only auto-loot comes from 51-59 and 62-69 dungeons. Keep in mind that you can be level 60 in Library, but that doesn't make it a level 60 dungeon.

Hey I didn't get any freebie what the hell

Only in leveling dungeons, not ex/former ex dungeons.

Least I got the mount, shit

Well then share your wizard secrets with me because I ain't getting shit from 70 dungeons at the end.

Not real, just fanart by this guy(who makes a lot of good FFXIV fanart) pixiv.net/member.php?id=902322

well you're wrong about 62+ dungeons, because i've received auto-loot in sirensong sea, but i think you're right about the former "end game" dungeons at level 60. i've received auto-loot in the level 70 dungeons as well, but i actually can't remember the last time i did a level 60 dungeon after SB came out.

sorry bro, that's shitty that they don't do that for the old level-capped stuff.

hnnnnng

other pic is a recent frontlines from today. over 600 points net from kills alone we were addersicecunts btfo

never seen that happen before we won

Why did I not do this sooner? This is the best raid.

Datascape has potential but Alex is still the best 8 man content.

I just finished SONIC BOOM. I even got the happy meal toy.

Well, I can afford those BTN upgrades I was eyeing now.

This is why I fucking love treasure hunts.

holy fuck the inflation on your server. They're only 170k over here.

It works well with the Yanaxian gauntlets; they tuck in nicely.

My top is only 1.7 mil. Good show my dude. You are setting an example of kikery we can all look up to.

That lamp is 47k here, and the fucking goyim normalfags (or fucking lurkfags) somehow caught wind of how profitable treasure hunts with friends is and screwing the map price all over.

If you're a DPS and go into the portals your travel back in time and aid yourself earlier in the story.

I ended up missing out on that mechanic because we had 5 DPS, and they beat me to each portal I tried to go to.

Guys, what's an acceptable amount of dps in O1S for a DRG in 314 gear?

Roughly 3.7-3.8k. Well, that's the minimum DPS required to beat the SSS dummy as DRG, so it's a decent-ish baseline to work from.

Fug, I can only do constant 3.4k as a BRD. Average 316 gear, no crafted gear because poorfag, just blue 320 with full slotted level 6 materias.

I'm only working off the SSS calculator, but 3.4k is the min dps for BRD, so you're doing alright.

Then how come, for example, this group cleared it
youtube.com/watch?v=odtO8jOa7Ww

The DRG did 2.6k. In PF, not many people touch 3.5k, regardless of class.

the brd dps reqs are lower than drg. as long as you can beat the SSS dummy then you'll be able to beat the encounter.

Because SSS is tuned differently from the actual encounter. Christ, do you really need it spelled out as to why EVERYONE's DPS will be lower on the real deal?
Also, that DRG was probably carried.

Have not tried savage SSS yet, but last time I did for Lakshmi/Susano EX, I have about 15 secs remaining. Guess I should be alright then (3.4k w/o food/potion, because again, poorfag), thanks.

But you got more ice than the other team and your ice point is higher than your kill points if you minus the loses. You can make an argument that ice doesn't matter if the other team have higher ice points than your team but still lose the match

Yeah, you likely wouldn't have much trouble beating the SSS dummy now, but everyone does say the SSS is over-tuned, so it's really only good for testing stat-weights/muscle memory.

I know, but then why even mention the dummy? Because that group in the video did as much dps as a decent pug and I would wager that DRGs that do 3.7k in the actual encounter are 95th percentile and heavily bufed. I'm merely interested in what amount of dps is needed to clear. That's why I said acceptable, not tell me the dps of top 5%.

The DRG in my fairly casual group averages about 3.2k-3.4k and is always 4th place DPS. That's still good for a job that is basically just support.
SSS is mentioned because that allows for the cleanest baselines when it comes to math/theorycrafting. Another method is to sift through the hell that is FFlogs, but I prefer not to.

Well that's the kind of an answer I was looking for. I do that amount too. I was just wondering if my dps was the problem.

Guess the instance

3 seconds spent well. Git gud.

never said that. i'm just laughing at the people in pvp who say to focus on ice to the exclusion of everything else. in that particular game a solid half of our kill points came from focusing down the other two teams while they spent their energies on big ice. meanwhile, our ice score came from a good head start with a full-map small ice start at the beginning where we nabbed 4 full small ices uncontested, plus several decent showings on contested ice as well as a single big ice that went almost the full 300 to our team.

if not for that first big full-map small ice spawn, we probably would have ended the game a few minutes later, but with closer to 800 points from kills and a solid 500 or 600 from our base.

tl;dr ice matters, just don't suicidally dive it like so many idiots insist on doing.

my friends and i cleared O1s thursday night, and our brd had ~3100 dps on our kill run. for contrast, as sam i was a hair over 4k, our other sam was low 3900's, and our blm was mid 3900's. im not optimally melded on my sam yet, but im getting close. our other sam is hardly melded at all, and our blm is pretty much done with melds until more info comes out about what's best for blm in savage. all of us were using food, and our brd was potting when she could.

I just go into Frontlines as caster. At that point, you may as well just focus on killing due to the Ice magic resistance. Solid excuse.

Stop playing a caster, nigger. I haven't even stacked skill speed, you can easily go faster if you pick your gear accordingly.

A bump and a question. Lately, raidfags have been talking shit about BLM being useless and RDM is the new BLM. I do not find that true though, just RDM is very low effort unless you are a complete retard compared to BLM so normalfags are able to use RDM at 100% efficiency and BLM at about 40%. What do you guys think?

The think about RDM is that it does an acceptable amount of damage while also being able to be an emergency healer, something BLM can't really do. I haven't heard about RDM replacing BLM and BLM being useless, but RDM is an attractive option considering its amount of utility, simplicity, and support prowess.

I played with two level 70 black mages earlier and I struggled to hold aggro against them as a dark knight. It helped that they were actually competent and were probably building spell speed on their right side equipment.

haha i am gay

『H E L L O !』

Reminding you, MNK is STRONK!

SAM NERF WHEN
ALSO PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA I'M IN THE THREAD WHEN I MAKE A POST FUCK

Just finished pugging Deltascape V1
It took way longer than it should have considering the mechanics are so easy to deal with

As a monk player, I can say thanks to MNK being part of the party comp. for first OSV4.0 clear, SAM nerf never - despite the fact that the only reason MNK was a more viable option for the fight was because it was practically tailored for their kit. Boss without any positional requirements, little downtime, physical-heavy party composition, and healers struggling enough with raidwide damage to make Mantra (of all things) worth it over a SAM's higher raid contribution to DPS. Monk still an objectively worse pick in 99% of the content, though, but any time you want to bring that up you're going to be met with a cascade of ==WORLD FIRST CLEAR==. On the bright side, at least we're not DRG.

Before this most recent patch RDM outdps'd BLM when play optimally.
Now BLM does more DPS but has comparatively no utility so it's still a worse pick unless you're going for just speed, and even then it depends on the fight.

why are the ARR so much better designed and prettier? they have so much more going on unlike the HW and SB areas that feel like vast nothingness and are ugly as SHIT

Flight was a mistake.

seriously, it's like they didn't even consider how fucking ugly everything in this game gets when you're that high up

This. I fondly take in the scenery when going back to level my level 30 monk, HW was nice the first time in the area and so was SB.

Can we take a time machine to strangle whoever came up with the idea of flight in Burning Crusade?

To think that DRG and BLM used to be king. RDM on the other hand. A friend of mind seems to always outpace my DPS. Either RDM is super good now, or he's already god-like at his rotation.

Also, any WARbros in here, how are you liking the 4.05 buff? I'm getting the hang of DRK myself, don't let PLD worship get you down!

RDM number is just a little bit higher where it should be. Problems lie in RDMs main mechanics design. They are piss easy to play, versatile, and does not have punishment for failing other than harder to generate white/black mana if you are a braindead retard and screwed up. BLM has to keep enochian up, mindful of spacing ley lines, and minimize movements to be effective and DRG has to keep BotD up, time their Life Surge/BfB, keep Heavy Thrust/Phlem/Chaos up or be a sucky DPS plus weaving in Geirs/Nastrond/Dive/Jump.

I admit, RDM is damn fun to play, but there should be more punishing mechanics for them like deteriorating black/white mana if inactive, and also a little bit potency nerf and also increase in MP cost so their so called 'versatile' heals and raise should only be used sparingly. Unfortunately, SE does not like the idea of 'punishing players' while being oblivious of the old jobs core design 'naturally occurred' penalty.

I do feel bad about BLM, they have to pick between dodging AoEs or having good DEEPS. I've been blind to DRG's troubles (As a MNK, I feel like I should disregard my main rival but NIN seems to taken their place). Even their old role as "substitute off-tank" seems to of been thrown to the curb.

I wonder how much they're gonna change. As a returning player, losing half of my DoTs was kinda heartbreaking, even if it clears up my hotbar. Role Actions is just the first step in removing classes entirely.

fucking brilliant. we're back to HW now in a good way but the fact is it never should have been changed in the first place.

a long time coming. 250 was fine when it had arguably the best raid debuff in game attached to it, but once the debuff was gone it needed something else. would be best if they had BB also give 20 gauge; would give tanks more incentive to use their aggro combo beyond the opener. also would be nice if BB was buffed to a flat 300 instead of just 280.

good changes. you'll still never use unchained once you hit 70, at least not as long as it's linked to the same CD as IR, but that doesn't change the fact that it's nice to be able to just pop it on, say, huge aoe trash packs where you'll be in tank stance the whole time, and have it not interrupt your steel cyclone usage. as for IR, it's nice in that you can now fit 2 onslaughts into a single IR window, on top of an upheaval and your 6 meme cleaves, resulting in a solid little bump in damage. so that's nice.

the life steal on it is nice. i liked it better when it was called Bloodbath and we had it on every fucking skill for 30s, but hey, i guess you can take my food away and then spit out a few chewed up scraps into my mouth and tell me how lucky i am. seriously, just bring bloodbath back, preferably as a tank role skill. it's infinitely better than anticipation ever will be. you could even keep the shorter duration version that DPS have access to.

all in all, it's positive. all of it, really. it's just positive in the sense that it's better than the trash there was before. now, don't get me wrong, WAR was totally viable. it just was clunky with the gauge loss much smoother and more fun now that that's gone and the other nerfs combined to make you feel weaker at 70 than you were at 60. sure, i can do 6 fell cleaves in a row, but they all hit for ~10-20% less than they did at 60. yes, that's technically a gain overall, but when i was getting FC crits of 16k at 60, and at best i've only seen an FC direct crit of 15k at 70, it just feels bleh. granted, that was end-game 60 vs. new xpac 70, but the general point still stands.

the biggest thing they need to do with WAR is add some kind of unique not overpowered, just unique utility. an idea floating around the official forums was have thrill of battle provide half the effect to all party members within a 30y radius. so a 10% max hp buff and heal for 20s. which is great. it's not completely unique, as brd already has the same thing via BV+Ballad, but it's still rare enough that it would work.

shake it off also still needs to be addressed. it's the worst skill in game at the moment. anything you want it to work on it doesn't remove, and the stuff that should be taken care of by a healer is what it does work on, rendering it useless. if it's going to stay like it is now, then it needs to do something drastic, like removing the vuln debuffs from when you screw up certain mechanics in end-game content. this would essentially make it a mulligan every 60s for WAR's.

some people have suggested turning shake it off into our raid utility by modifying the skill somehow. that would also work, if it was the right utility. but it needs something. as of right now, WAR has no level 68 skill. it's not even worth keeping on your hotbar, unless you get a kick out of standing in Bad Breath and dispelling 9 debuffs at once i suppose.

If a group needs an "emergency healer" at all, then they really aren't in any position to call anyone or anything shit

I feel the same for my Riddle of Earth/Wind. They're trying to give a weird incentive to use Fists of Earth/Wind, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use them for anything outside solo content. My complaints about Riddle of Fire were addressed by reducing the SkillSpeed reduction, and Brotherhood is certainly nice (arguably one of the top SB skills). But these fucking Riddles, man. The hell am I gonna do with either a knockback tackle or gimped-double tackle? Is this the riddle? I'm so lost.

Worse yet is that role actions are objectively trash and offer nothing of value to the game because just like cross-class skills, there are 4 OBJECTIVELY BEST options and "just make this your fifth depending on solo/4man/8man." options. The only benefit is to remove the need to level alt jobs, which just makes me say "why not fold these into the jobs as their own shit and leave it at that?"

How in god's name is brotherhood one of the top skills? I mean for monk it certainly is but overall?
It's a 3% boost at best and only even decent because of how OP SAM is at the moment.

It's a free 5% party damage buff every 90 seconds and gets MNK's primary stack attack popping very often. Other Melee DPS are thankful for it, now that MNK has utility other than Mantra. What's not to love about it?

no reread it.
It's 5% to weapon skills only, and it's only melee

Yeah, its meant to give fellow Melee DPS a nice buff, and since they're using literally no MP, its obvious that it only applies to their weaponskills

Riddle of Wind is useless. Riddle of Earth is occasionally nice for certain mechanics in order to keep up your GL. For example, short periods where the boss vanishes but there is a "meteor" or other form of unavoidable raidwide damage to happen shortly thereafter - pop RoE as soon as boss goes away, the damage will trigger Earth's Reply, and you keep your GL stacks for when the boss reappears. It's a very niche ability, but great for when it does come into play, since for whatever reason they're pushing that kind of phase transition into plenty of content.

It's heavily dependent of party composition, meaning outside of a prebuilt raid group or lucking out in an 8-man dutyfinder, it's pretty shit as far as MNK contribution to group DPS is concerned. Practically pitiful in 4-man content, especially if you get paired with a caster DPS. Also, more RNG on top of monk's 62 trait, which is RNG on top of RNG. So, it's great when it works: when you have 2-3 other physical DPS with you in 8-man content, and get lucky with procs… but utterly shit otherwise, for most of the content that you're going to be doing.

Compared to Bard's BV, Balance, Hell even the bad DRG buff, it's values are pretty weak, effects a small portion of damage, and effects even smaller amounts of targets. Especially when you only have 2-3 melee dps.
In dungeons it's basically useless (BIG TANK DAMAGE INCOMING), and until recently it didn't even effect the monk.

It hasn't changed since SB's release. Monk using it gets no benefit from the 5% increase to damage, only chance to raise personal Chakra each time an affected ally (read: other physical DPS) use a weaponskill.

huh thought they changed that.
Okay so it's even worse than I thought.

Yeah, as far as "capstone" abilities go, it's pretty shit. Honestly, the only real reason for why I keep playing MNK now is the aesthetic - I like character archetypes that just punch the shit out of stuff. SAM does everything a MNK want to do, but better - higher damage, more versatile, actually gets a benefit from regenerating their gauge during downtime thanks to Meditation rather than getting shit on by losing GL. Monk only really hits its peak under specific circumstances, and even then it's second rate (not by much, but still). Only thing MNK has that sets it apart is, amusingly enough, Mantra… which outside of cutting edge progression where top-notch healers are really put to the grindstone with maintaining everyone's health doesn't really deserve a second glance. Then, with the removal of Fracture and ToD and change to Demolish timing, their rotation was dumbed down as well, and then made clunky as fuck with Riddle of Fire weaponskill speed reduction, so it's not even as fun to play as it was back in 3.X.

unfortunately that seems to be the case with every old class with 1 or two exceptions "dumbed down and less fun to play"

(heil'd)
Someone give this user a cookie, same thing I was thinking. Just fold those necessary skills into class, or better yet, no more cross-class or common skills. WHM gets Protect exclusively, SCH and AST gets something else entirely. Maybe infinite duration and stronger galvanize for SCH, and haste/slow for AST to make up for lack of Protect maybe?

Also WHM called, they want Shroud of Saints and Stoneskin back, Divine Penison can take a hike.

I wasn't saying the legitimacy of them calling any class shit. Just more pointing out the utility of RDM as a jack of all trades.

I finished it today too as DRG via pf. I'm satisfied because I only started trying yesterday afternoon and it took me less than 24 hours to clear it.

I DID IT I DROPPED THE FUCKING THING.
Now I just need better pants and I'm set for life

The fuck weapon is that?

KH3 preorder bonus.

It looks very similar to the weapon from Gold Saucer, but that may have been a WHM item. I'm not particularly thrilled with the GS weapons.

Well, I won't comment on the weapon, but..for pants, how about the Void Ark healing breeches?

meant for , didn't pay attention to IDs.

I was having a giggle. It's a GS weapon.

Cheeky fuckin potato. I don't know how I feel about it regardless, little too simple for my tastes.

kek
KEK
KEK OVERLOAD
(((KEK SINGULARITY)))

You don't need to just straight up tell everyone what a casual shutter you are. If you had any decency you'd post your name so we can all blacklist you. Pretty sure thr others in these threads are tired of your shitposting too.

I actually googled "KH3 preorder bonus FFXIV"

either he shitposts or i catpost
everyone is too busy playing the game

(checked)
Nothing wrong with overmelding though if you are smart enough to collect those level 5 materias leveling through SB. Not melding is on Savage is worrying though, but holding your breath for crunch freshly shat straight from edgefags is more worrying.

(checked)
I remember seeing your cat several time now. I know catposting is fun but is not that avatarfaggotrys territory you are encroaching now?

I like your cat though

What kind of bullshit is this?

Welcome to subscription-based MMOs

If you have the gil then buy those crafted gears, bro. If not, then do some market board kikery or just farm creation tome.

I'm not giving those dirty MB kikes my hard earn shekels. And it doesn't solve the problem of locking content with the same ilvl as weekly drop gears.

Also can someone explain to me how savage loot system works? If I cleared it but didn't get any loot from the chest, am I fucked for the rest of the week? Something about the chest will spawn less on your second run or not spawn at all if all the party members already cleared it before.

If 1-4 people have already completed it, only 1 chest will spawn. if 5 - 8 or more have, nothign will spawn.

If you do not wish to get kike'd, then you have to be the kike yourself.

Oh how I envy you, user.

You can bypass the item level restriction if you have a full group, apparently.

So I dont get any loot, I'm basically fucked that week, nice loot system.

It's actually a great system because it punishes slow shitters and makes it so only the true dedicated autists that get the clear on the clock every week get the lion's share

Been trying since Wednesday to clear O2S and still can't clear it with retards in PF. No FC/LS because Leviathan is a garbage server.

it doesn't matter if you slow or fast, if no loot for your class dropped or have a bad roll, you have to wait for next week

Yeah, only for raidfag with "muh food" and "lol MCH, fuck off"

You still get better odds by getting early clears

It's RNG, you either get it or dont. Clearing savage on day one of the weekly reset doesn't guarantee you will get anything. If its 1 chest vs 2 chest argument you're going for, theres plenty of PF specifically said 2 chest. The only peoples dont care about chest spawn is "kill for my friend" PF which basically just a carry.

You won't find any of those 2chest PF late in the week, and if you do you can be sure it's pure trickery full of fags that already cleared and are hoping no one notices it's them, or massive shitters that couldn't cut it with the dedicated players and are looking for a carry

Or maybe peoples that have life outside video games?

get the fuck out

tome gear and primal shit you shitter, also premade groups can enter at any ilvl

I already have full set ilvl 320 acc and weapons for 3 different classes.

Since some tank changes have been mentioned, PLD needs some reworking. First, they need an offensive gauge spender, especially since the one ability you'll be using as off-tank is cheap as fuck. And since we're talking about the oath gauge, what damn sense does it make that sword oath generates it significantly faster than shield oath when all the abilities it powers are defensive? Right now dungeons consist of banking shield gauge from trash packs and getting off two, maybe three sheltrons per boss unless the healer's good enough to let me switch to sword oath. Oh, and on the topic of sheltron, it really needs to be three seconds of 100% block. I'm fucking sick of trying to block a big spell only to have it popped by the boss' next autoattack. As a way to start making secondary stats relevant to tanking, PLD should have a passive that gives them a crit% chance to block an amount increased by their crit damage% multiplier. Then probably nerf shield oath to something like 15%, down from 20% damage reduction to keep them in line.

PS. Buff other tanks. A class being strong doesn't automatically make it fun.

are you seriously going to try to do o3s without a premade group?

dun dun dun

another one bites the dust

Goodnight ACTfag, sorry about that subscription you paid for.

Everybody but you beat it on their first try user, didn't you hear?

unless its a static group, no, PF is full of retards to clear under the recommended ilvl. You need specific class setup and raid food to boost your damage numbers or say hello to enrage timer.

wew lad this is the mildest curry I've had

Are you trying to justify weekly locked loot as "hardcore"? because this is what I'm getting at? I just want my damn gears

Was it you I reported? I showed him a screenshot of the user whining about DPS to our DK (as if thats his job) and when the DK responded with how do you even know he said "because its clear as day on my act you dumb shit". SE bans people using external programs with no questions asked and that dude just admitted to using it in plain English. He's gone. Just because they can't tell you what happened doesn't mean nothing happened.

nigger you reported someone for harassment and now are acting like some ruse master, you are barely worth a chuckle

This isn't actually true, I have been reported multiple times for openly admitting to use ACT and the only "punishment" I've received is some GM faggot grabbing me to give me an autistic intervention and then letting me go.
You are a fucking stupid liar.

checkin' those beautiful dubs. i just hid the fucker based on his ID. figure it'll at least force an IP switch, then i can hide him again.

nigga, just use holy spirit. 20 oath per cast while in ShO

yeah, this is needed. ideally bake it into Spirits Within and/or Circle of Scorn while in SwO. give it a bonus effect more dmg + maybe bring back the silence for SW, enhanced DoT potency of 5-10 per tick for CoS are what i would suggest

part of that is SE just having to refine the design of how this shit works. laks and susie don't tend to fuck that up, but lots of other shit does. still, i think changing sheltron to block all attacks made for .75s or something would be a welcome change in general given that sheltron costs half your gauge.

eh, i don't know how i feel about this. i get your reasoning but i think that has the danger of getting away from things as far as balance goes. plus you'd have to add an equivalent to the other tanks. could be interesting, but needs more refinement imo

Yes, you would, which is good. I've barely touched DRK this expansion so I can't comment on them, and I haven't really given WAR much thought. But right now tanking is boring and stats are boring because any complex interactions would make casuals and Japs alike piss themselves in terror. The game's design for classes and skills is about as soulless and sterile as possible, like everything was made in a vacuum, away from everything else, even within a single class.

Oh, and they really need to make better use of auto-changing buttons. By which I mean things like Steel Cyclone and Inner Beast converting automatically to their Deliverance counterparts when swapping stances. PLD needs that in a bad way, or at least different effects for skills when using them in a different stance, ie. Holy Spirit only generating gauge under Shield Oath. Shield Swipe should be something else under Sword Oath. It's unironically a dead button on your bar when not tanking.

holy shit, kys.

I gotta wonder what the name was for this thing is in the Japanese version.

If only there was a really easy way to find out.
Oh wait, it's アントリング・ゲーマーゲート. In German, it's Treiberameisen-Täuscher.

Gamergate is a type of worker ant that can produce fertilized eggs user.

Well that's a very strange coincidence

I've heard people say Stormblood has rendered a couple of the tanks useless. How true is this and will I have problems getting back into it with my GLD?

What a fuck? At least the ants are getting laid I guess.

was useless because they remove the STR scaling from VIT. But they fix it in the patch by adding STR to tank accessories and buffing some attack and enmity generator. If anything, SB make playing tank very easy, you have to be a total dumbass if you failed to hold aggro

the disparity between the 3 tanks is actually extremely low, but tanking in general isnt quite as fun as it was in heavensward

we will probably see str on tank gear buffed again as theres no considerable statistical reason to upgrade fending accessories right now after i320, other then inflating your ilevel of course

for example a Lakshmi's Earrings of Fending (i320) has 40 str on it, with a 25 str meld that give you a total of 65 str
a Genji Earrings of Fending (i340) has 42 str on it, when melded nets you 67 str, thats a WHOOPING 2 EXTRA AP WEW LAD

as secondary stats on everything except bard weigh hardly anything in comparison to primary stats, it means getting full Lakshmi + a genta ring basicly means your set to clear savage and any fending accesories are a slight bonus, tanks dont need to get 330 or 340 to be more competitive, hell 310 is only 1 point of ap less then 320 and its already been shown having stupid large HP pools doesn't mean shit when it comes to savage raiding

my cat is cute and you will appreciate my cat

What the fuck? why is STR so low? thats 20 ilvl different. So it only increase +1 point for every new gear? That's stupid as fuck. I hope more tank bitch again at the official forum because how retarded that is.

because square has no idea what they are doing
square adds a large amount of AP scaling skills for tanks during heavensward and stormblood, but dont give them the actual AP to use these skills properly
we are going to see another tank buff and there has been plenty of complaining, i still do not understand why the str/vit scaling was removed other then they got the bizarre idea that tank damage needed to be nerfed (when all evidence showed that the opposite was true as tank accessories where only worth 0.45% in comparison to all other class accessories)

its frustratingly stupid and devaluing tank damage is only going to allow shitters to slip through the cracks like they did in early WoW

All they need to do is give back vit->ap scaling again. What baffles me is why they thought tank damage should even matter. Certain other games that resemble this one never had that issue.

the issue is square enix thinks vit = str when the weights have always been WepDmg > str > secondary stats > vit

if nothing else, the NIN rotation debacle should be the nail in the coffin for people who think SE has some kind of master plan as far as stats go.

So at the end of HW, when a point in Vit gave the same damage increase as a point in Str, Str was somehow still the better stat?

From what I remember, the main issue anyone had with VIT accessories during Heavensward is that they often had Accuracy (which you only needed a minimum amount of) and Parry (which was considered a dead stat). STR accessories had the same amount of damage scaling and also had at least one, if not two, good secondary stats.

PF is man mode. I asked a guy in my FC that's in a static what's the acceptable DRG dps in O1S, he sad uhhhh 3900. Get the fuck outta here with that shit, static people are very often just fucking ridiculous.

in HW this was true, but only for accessories, and only because vit came maxed out in tank accesorries so we couldn't meld more on to them. thus, you melded str, since it gave you the same boost to dmg that vit did. since dps accessories had the same str on them that tank accs did with vit, there was no dps gain to a tank wearing a str acc. so you would take a tank acc and meld str on for more dmg.

meanwhile, the left side would already be capped on vit and str, so the melds were usually crit or det, unless you needed accuracy or had to reach the SkS breakpoint as a war.

So it's less to do with the stats themselves and more to do with Square's gay, arbitrary restrictions on gearing.

When is yoshi going to bring up pvp worlds?
When will the game promote actual player to player trading?
Are the invisible walls gone yet?

yeah, more or less. if you go to any npc materia melder and click a piece of gear with an open slot you can see the breakdown of stats at the bottom along with the max amount for each one possible and some that aren't listed, like a dps piece won't have tenacity listed, but you can still slot tenacity if you want to for some reason.

it's typical item budget bs, and it would work out a bit better if there was more decision making and debate about stats. i.e. right now in the sam community there's debate on whether or not DH is better than det, or if det wins out. or if you should go for a combo of crit where you can and DH where you can't, and slot det only on pieces where you'd be wasting the itemization budget by slotting a grade 6 materia for DH or crit. so for sams at least, you have some actual decision making there will always be a "BiS" build, but early on, before loads of testing has been done, it's the wild west, which is pretty neat

but for tanks right now, the question is tenacity vs direct hit for the left side, and str for the right. always str. because the main stat will always provide the largest bonus per itemization point than any other secondary stat.

this has always been a thing since 2.0 released?

looks like never ever.

nope, still there. at least if you're referring to the ones around the edges of zones although you can swim in costa del sol now, which is a nice touch. hope they add more swimming to other areas

Do you guys do savage raids in minimum ilvl or go higher? Because I don't think it makes sense to do a 310 in 320 gear, or waiting until you get more tomestone gear. I'm just tempted to go for minimum ilvl for clears, go higher for farming and whatnot.

I did O1S and O2S with minimum ilvl, manage to clear it barely in time ( the boss are in the middle of casting enrage attack) without any food.

You can clear savage below the recommended ilvl but you need raid food ( which is expensive as fuck) and min/max your party composition (class with damage boost utilities, range/melee, etc) so you can output the most damage. Good luck finding the PF for it though, unless you're in a static where you can coordinate the fight in advance, you're shit out of luck.

Yeah I was confused by that as well. I still cant believe there are actual ants named gamergate.

Should have made an ant the mascot of gamergate.

Swimming and diving in this game are underwhelming as fuck. It's like they add it without thinking a proper use and cheap out on the mechanic.

Why the hell is there a transition screen when I go under water? Why can't I dive in Rhalgar's Reach and Costa De Sol even though the waters are deep, hell costa de sol is a freaking ocean. Unless you're a gatherer and an autist, there's literally no reason for you to go diving again after the MSQ. theres only 2 small village and 1 tiny cave you can explore, the vast underwater area is filled with nothing.

PS4 limitations :^))))))
I'm not joking

no matter what number they put on the playstation, it always holds this game back

Because SE had to make sales, and shitload of nips play this shit on PS4, and I am not kidding. I was in Nipland for a good long while, been in a friendly nip FC, made nip friends. Almost all of them play this game on PS4.

Console is fine for a comfy self-contained games like those from PS2,GC era. Ever since 7th generation console save for Wii, devs got lazy, start patching shit through it and does not compile shit properly anymore since consoles got HDD now (120GB for fucking instance). And now we have a population of gamers of an entire country playing a genre meant for PC on a fucking PS4.

I remember checking this game out a while ago, does it still take 4 hours for you to be able to cast one spell?

Does it took you 4 hours to try to come up with that shitpost and aim for that trip?

Is there a dps class that isn't just opener, 2 combos and whack-a-mole like DRG? Is MNK any better? Or SMN?

NIN and RDM

As an ant autist I had a sold day's worth of keks when GG took off. On a related note, how do you deal with burnout from this game? The FC I am in is full of normalfags and leddit so logging on feels like a chore as it is and the only things left for me to do is take the remaining classes and crafters to 70 and find some fucks to beat Omega savage. I might take a break but I know my FC will start giving me shit.
**I'm somehow the FC leader complete with a mansion sized FC house. It also doesn't help that there is at least one guy that is a genuinely a nice guy but is outshadowed by "/fc dry humping party @ reach! Bring the cat bois XD". Ultros was a mistake. Hell, western servers were a mistake.

Give leadership to the one nice guy and ditch the place immediately after, never look back
and join ZR, it's an actually decent Ultros FC if you don't mind occasional cuckchan faggotry and dorks posting streams of themselves

abandon the house, delete everything on it, then get a name change after the server transfer
they will never be able to find you again because friend and blacklists lose track of you if you change servers

Like I said, I'm worried i'm just burnt out on the game. The thought of spending my shekels on top of giving them a monthly payment makes me consider giving the game up. We might just be too old for this new generation of MMO players. Even the GMs allow that shit so trying to escape this seems real futile.

You could just stop giving a shit then and just ditch them with a big middle finger and live as the server's outlaw, hunted down in PFs and feared by pubfags all around

Like I said, i'm worried we just outgrew the modern MMO fanbase. Feels real fucking bad, man.

You just need to find a place to land yourself in because it sounds like you are just bored and jaded with the trash community there. My advise is to find a good circle of friends irl and play with them, transfer to Tonberry because aussies/kiwis are fun to be around if you can take their constant verbal shitposting, or other JP server if you know or can be bothered to learn moon.

And about your old and FC, just ditch the leadership to a that nice guy and say your farewells.

I just had a GM pull me for admitting to use a parser I got no punishment and he also told me using parsers isn't illegal, only harassing people over their numbers is

What are stats that I should be focusing on as a level 70 DRG? I'm confused between Skill Speed, Determination, Crit and Direct Hit..

Should I even bother with SB since all jobs I like (DRG, MCH, SMN) are basically in the shitter? I feel like waiting for 4.1

DRG is just boring and unrewarding, MCH has to be played perfectly to reach dps amounts other jobs do on average, SMN is just all around fucked,

crit, direct hit, det, ss in that order

What's the easiest GSM desynth shit to get after 160?

wrong

dh is king

dh > det > crit >>> sks

You might like RDM or SAM, basically every SMN migrated to RDM.

BRD may also be worth another look since they basically revamped the entire job.

det is fuckin trash

Why the fuck does Riddle of Fire still exist?

that's the real riddle

I knew what was coming with that dialogue choice but I had to be sure, fucking hell, Squeen.

and the best part about brd is that the gearing is pretty easy. as much crit as you can, then sks, and dh if both of those are capped already.

heustienne a cute.

I'm getting quite a lot of mixed information. What does Direct Hit and Determination do anyways?

Dragon girl a best.

determination is a flat increase in damage and other irrevelant shit for dps but scales less per point than other stats.
direct hit is a chance to do 25% increased damage and scales decently

basically a flat dps increase all the time. the problem is, it's stat weighting is low. everything revolves around your main stat, and each secondary stat has a weight, that varies with job generally, that determines how valuable it is for that job. i.e. a lot of BRD and SCH shit procs off of crits, so stacking crit to the exclusion of other stuff, where ever possible, is the way to go.

the general values, last time i saw so this may be outdated is something like 1 weapon damage = 11 main stat and 1 det is worth .4 of a main stat, while crit tends to sit around .7ish, and SkS varies wildly in value dependent on your job.

hence, det tends to be the lowest priority stat, something you add only if you can't add more crit/DH and extra skill speed/spell speed would be useless to you.

as for direct hit, it basically allows for a "mini-crit" that stacks with your crit chance. so you can get normal hits, direct hits, crit hits, and direct crits, represented by damage in normal text, slightly larger/bolder text for DH's, large text with an exclamation point for crits, and large text with 2 exclamation points for a direct crit. direct hits also happen at a much higher rate than crits do.

I see. So is DH>Crit or Crit>DH?

Anymore cute mixed race characters?

Nope. But there is this cheeky Mi'qote kid in Idyllshire. Apparently, according to the lore, race mixing is frowned upon in plenty of places Ala Mhigo looks like an exception, explains why Raubahn has a hard on for Sultana.

depends on job. bard needs crit but I think DH is better for everyone else

Damn, I wish SE put out more lore on racial society and culture. It's so damn hard to find any sources regarding any of the races backgrounds and culture.

Bard and Monk love Crit, apparently. Crit also comes out ahead of Direct Hit at around 3,000 points due to the stat double dipping both in crit chance and critical damage.
Tanks, meanwhile, actually do gain significant benefits from Tenacity. Enough so that stacking Direct Hit vs. Tenacity is only a 1.5% damage increase in the case of the former, while the latter also comes with more or less a permanent Reprisal and increased self-healing. It's a far cry from the initial beliefs of how bad Tenacity would be, though it's still definitely behind Direct Hit and Crit when it comes to pure DPS.

You have to read it, feel it, through the questing and leveling and stuffs. It is really subtle there, so fags who rushed to be the top tier raid edge fags would not know that shit, not that they care though.

I see. What about DRG, NIN and SAM? What should they focus on? DH?

Direct Hit, yeah.

any anons on gilga? we should start a linkshell if there's a handful of us

Any of you guys playing on Tonberry as well?

Guys, is MCH dps on FFlogs dps done without rook dps or is rook dps included in dps shown?

This is suffering anons.

What fucking retards they are then, I got a party rolling last night and made 2 millions on leeched drops alone. Didn't even need to use my own map kek

Hey,
This. I do it with a group of irl friend. Easiest pile of dosh ever, it is not advanced MB kikery that will make you 500 milllion, but it will do.

Yeah, plenty of aussie and kiwi user do too.

Oh I know how great it is for money, I'm the user that posted the pic of me getting 2mil off of one lamp. The problem is I can't solo Lost Canals, and no one on my server wants to do it because they're too busy with Savage Deltascape.

Oh nice, know any of em?

There is this Tonberry discord channel. I would post it here but would be akin to exposing their assholes to all the faggots around here. Try looking in the PF, they often ask you to join their discord to communicate for raids and stuffs. That is how I met them.

What should I look for?

English speaking party. There are not many there so they will stick out like a sore thumb.

Aight. Thanks user

If you cannot find them, then tomorrow look for a short hair cat wearing pink with a bow who frequents in Rhalgr's Reach and Kugane, give a tell, and if you got the right cat, she will tell you.

You make it sound like a drug deal. I Haven't reached stormblood yet though.

Are you online right now? Tomorrow I am not sure if I can play, so go to Gridania, wait in the carpenters guild, I will swing by.

Does fishing ever get fun or am I stuck sitting for hours in places until the rng decides to stop shitting on me?

Fun when you rake in the shekels, not too many serious FSH around.

Time's up. Gonna hit the sack now.

Oh damn. Just finished my duty.. Well some some other time i guess.

Kitten Loli a cute.

I'm gonna try asking again. I'm new to fflogs and don't really know the ins and outs. Does MCH dps include rook dps or is it listed without it? I know ACT keeps them separately, but it would seem weird that fflogs doesn't since a rook can add over 500 dps if managed properly.

sorry user i don't know the answer to your question. maybe the official forums, or someone on the bluegartr forums can answer that for you.

I did some poking around on fflogs and it seems like mch parses do include rook damage and it's specially marked, it's about 12% of the total dps. So when you see a 3200 parse, it consists of, most likely, 2800+400 rook.

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread regarding stat weights, mostly coming from outdated information that was correct in Heavensward.

As of now, the general effectiveness of each substat as it relates to dps is as follows:

DH > Det > Crit >>>> SkS

Note that this does not take into account any procs, meaning that BRD should actually stack Crit anyway. However, BRDs should then take DH when their gear is capped on Crit, not SkS like an other user suggested.

Please also note that these "weights" are not absolute and only hold true for the current state of gear. I don't remember the exact numbers but due to scaling, there will be certain breakpoints where one stat overtakes another. I believe at about 2600 points, Crit adds more average damage than Det.

Direct Hit: 25% bonus damage at (X/39.09)% chance (base chance is 0)
Det: 1% increase in damage every 177 points or so
Crit: 1% increase in chance and damage multiplier every 108.5 (base chance is 5%,). Damage multiplier is calculated as 135% + chance%, i.e.