Final Fantasy

What is the best Final Fantasy and why is it FF9? Seriously, this is the most underrated FF in the series.FF7, FF10, and Tactics pale in comparison to this hidden gem.

I dunno about best, but I can tell you that the three way tie for worst will always be 8,12, and 13.

here we go again

What is with the sudden threads about ff all of a sudden. Is there going to be a new release soon?

First post, worst post.

My final fantasy would be to stick my ass in Garnet's dick, if you catch my drift.

Not like that other thread was going to stay remotely on topic after this .

that was the best freudian slip of 2017

Still about five and a half months to go for someone else to slip up even worse, but yes. Mark had better add my animooted banner I made to commemorate the event.

its not funny when you bruteforce it

300mb limit user.

Mark confirmed 500kb, and is within the limit now. If it were higher, I could perhaps do one of the now-longer chain of replies. I just don't know if Cake Eater's around right now to see it.

It's only going to be funny the first time when no one (not even the poster) expected it, user.

I love this Chocolate Easter Bunny

Fuck I meant to say.

It's okay. Holla Forums never added this one I made either.

Mark's actually added a couple of mine before, and was apparently monitoring that threads earlier this morning after I'd gone to bed. So it really just seems a matter of if he's going to wake up and remember, or if someone needs to leave some frosting coated dollar bill out to summon him.

Also, I think that gif there really ought to sit on that last frame for another half second or so for added coherence. Just my thoughts though.

This

final fantasy 12 players are the strongest race

This is why.

one of 9's greatest strengths is that it tells multiple adventures to conclusion
its greatest failing is in Necron, not because he's completely out of left field, but because he is in fact set up but only in two throwaway lines referencing how the Iifa tree you fought on the surface was only it external part

nine is a slow paced mess
its battle system is too slow

The SNES FF are the best FF
X-2 is under-rated, its battle system is very good
X turn based system is also solid and fast

7 and 9 are overrated and theyre slow messes
8 is a fucking joke

1 and 3 have better battle systems than 7, 8, 9 and 12.

at least 7 keeps it fresh with materia and limit breaks, but 9 and 12 are a bore

Sorta-kinda. There's subplots that aren't ever picked up again like Freya's after Fratley is shown to not remember anything, or Amarant who didn't really have much of a plot in the first place besides being an autistic loner, but it does a better job of telling several concurrent stories than, say, FF6 did.

checked and kek'd

also it has that same FF8 problem of getting convoluted from mid-game

Patricians know the best Final Fantasy is V.

mmm,yes, negresses. my favorite, too, user

I've been playing through FFIX recently and fuck unwinnable boss fights. Waste of time and items.

Would we have been better off if the original FF failed and Square died? I'm inclined to think yes

I hated the speed of FF9, it feels like every encounter takes 10 seconds to start (originally for loading but later releases keep it because that's now it works now since it does all those cinematic camera pans) and then the ATB bar has down syndrome making it take even longer even if I set it to max with haste.
For best FF I'd probobly pick 4,5 or 6, 4 has the best party being 5 members now and in advance with more options making it better, 5 for best gameplay since it had so many classes to pick from and 6 for best story and visuals I used to think the mine cart bit and the opening were the coolest shit I want to terra, terra's ass up

user, asses are for grabbing, not fugging.

Garnet mod for Lightning Returns when Holla Forums?

FF9 is definitely the most coherent aesthetically. I find its writing to be the most charming as well, given that it all revolves around the motif of "home" and feelings of belonging. Only 6, 7, 10 and 12 have as focused storytelling.

Nah, the section of Ivalice that 12 takes place in is based on the the Aegean and Levant (with FFT's section obviously being based on Western Europe). The Viera are simply nymph analogues: they don't have significant material culture, and don't really have a racial counterpart, they simply furfill a fantasy trope and add tiddies. The same can't be said for the other non-humans in that area, though. The Viera's woods are proximate to the Altaic-Mongolian Gariff and the Orthodox-inspired Light of Kiltias and Nu-Mou, the cutest monks ever.

V>VI>IX>IV>I>III>VIII>VII>X>II

Haven't played anything after X

Nine looks like a really good game and it's definitely on my list to play. My concerns lie in the loading times and slow cinematic shots. I would rather be in and out quickly.

I would say that FFVI is my favorite right now. There's something really special about almost every single character both in terms of gameplay and personality, the plot is actually cohesive and mostly makes sense, and the esper system manages to have depth while also being easy to understand. Any game that can cause me to feel like how 6 did when Celes jumped off that cliff while being 16-bit has accomplished something truly special.

thanks for the bump, you cancerous downie

That iOS port has a speed-up option (or I think an option to skip the cinematic entirely), or you can just fast-forward in an emulator.

B-but multiple threads are bad because reasons. Everything past page 3 is dead, usually, so it doesn't actually matter.

going by that ranking you might actually like XII IZJS/ZA

If you think 8 and 13 are terrible, but don't mention 10, your opinions are unsalvageable.

10 is good.

I respect your opinion but I disagree, OP.
No FF will ever be as good as Tactics was.

10's alright besides being linear as hell. Its battle-system is among the most fluid in the series and all the characters are rather nicely presented, and even characters you don't immediately see or are painted in various lights by other characters like Jecht (ie Tidus refers to him sparingly or not at all despite his reputation in Spira and thoroughly considers him a rat-bastard) get development through the spheres. It's a shame X-2 spent its fantastic battle system on idolshit.

Tactics was boring shit, the characters had as much charisma as they had noses. The game play was ass to.

yeah I fucking love linearity & zero freedom both in exploration as well as stat growth, with anime-tier convoluted melodrama that somehow manages to be completely up its own ass and take itself way too seriously

joke's on you for judging it like a final fantasy game

9 is the magnum opus opf the series but you can't really compare it to tactics just cus they share the name FF
that's like comparing Doom to Splatterhous just becaus they're both gory as fuck

8>>>12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>13

yes we can.

Are you kidding me? If anything it's overrated.

Nothing I could say to insult you could ever compare to what you've already done to yourself.

All tattoo's are inherently shit