/agdg/ + /vm/ ~ Amateur Gamedev General

Holy moly we made it to page 14 for a change edition.

Other places::
>>>/agdg/
>>>/vm/

Old thread;

Other urls found in this thread:

nash.jp/nml/
soundcloud.com/seakulaudio/bavarian-scout-ranger-main?in=seakulaudio/sets/bavarian-scout-ranger-soundtrack
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?257323-What-everybody-needs-to-know-about-Blender-Viewport-performance
bundlestars.com/en/collections/degica
github.com/folkertdev/freestyle-gpencil-exporter/blob/master/freestyle_to_gpencil.py
pastebin.com/0fYWa2Z0
tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/USSR/soviet_T-55.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55
buildnewgames.com/broad-phase-collision-detection/
gamedev.net/articles/programming/general-and-gameplay-programming/swept-aabb-collision-detection-and-response-r3084/
youtube.com/watch?v=u2GAHnDaUpU&t=297s
imgur.com/gallery/v2VVu
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/gubids-tactical-battle-system-v2-4-for-ace.16085/
web.archive.org/web/20170425221611/http://gubi.us:8001/redmine/news
dropbox.com/s/8pzix8kl64atwex/GTBSv2_4_Release1.zip
dropbox.com/s/psp9ecaqfu9au7q/Layy Meta 1_7.zip
store.steampowered.com/app/585550/FEMINAZI_The_Triggering/
steamcommunity.com/app/585550/discussions/0/1318836262661137520/
github.com/godotengine/godot-demo-projects/archive/2.1.zip
boards.4chan.org/vg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there's already a threat, fag

If thre is, it should be deleted for not following general procedures.

I'll kill you

I haven't posted progress in a long time. I saw Beelzeboxdev make a small flight demo and thought what a coincidence, I'm making flight segments too because it's uh, cool.

I'm planning to make multi-targeting possible, as well as being to pick up and drag lances, torpedoes, trains, tanks and other things we see in Izetta.

I checked it from Patreon and it looks nice, I only suggest you add mist or something to hide the assets when you get too far/close to the town.

Finished walk cycle v1.

That's cool. Was that your voice in the beginning? Where's the good music from?

Part 2

We're not supposed to say the "P" word in this internet forum.

It's from another user here, actually, after some Audacity work. I did my own voicework too but switched it out for this weapon system.

The music came from this fine royalty-free source:

nash.jp/nml/

But we'll be replacing the most important pieces so it'll be a halfway original sound track:

soundcloud.com/seakulaudio/bavarian-scout-ranger-main?in=seakulaudio/sets/bavarian-scout-ranger-soundtrack

Anyone remember the dev who was making this weird looking first person dungeon crawler that was in black and white and had this crazy film grain overlay and you fought skeletons with a sword and shield? I thought it looked really cool.

I do. Really took me back.

I never pointed out to the exact P place, in any case, use some mist if possible, the game looks nice.

Yup, I've decided on actual physical (i.e. mesh) mist, instead of post processing. Thanks!

I think it was about a year ago. The dev showed up for a few weeks, and then I never saw him update again. I hope he's not dead.

This seems to be his last progress, 4 months ago >>>/agdg/28770
This looks similar and is more recent >>>/agdg/29101

Show your game

Wow, thanks. Hopefully that's him… Looked rather interesting to me. I remember him tweaking combat and wielding after getting people's input.

That's a lot of ideas to steal

That recent gameboy jam had a lot of simple ideas to steal cash in with borrow too.

I don't know how to write songs, no matter how I "image" the sounds, it comes off as muddled, pieces not fitting the puzzle. Some of the good tracks from /mu/'s autistic rage festival actually sounds decent to good, there has to be some kind of guide or something to help me write music, if I learnt programming, surely I can learn how to make good music?

Tetradev's alive

wondering why he didn't post these here

Working on a ton of shit. Will probably post a proper report in the next thread.
In the meanwhile, I made this sign.

I think this is the first time we see the sideview of your character, and the head's kinda too long there. Or rather, not wide enough.

Nice lighting.

Now I'm not an artist or anything, but this seems kinda wrong.

BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY

Maybe make it a little curvier?

Reminder that you'll never be cuckdev and be dumb enough to build your game on Javascript in the first place.

Current 3D technology has it limits. And making a 3D model that could support that kind deformation would require the time, money and expertise that only people like Team Ninja have access to. Considering Tetradev is making the game on a budget of fucking nothing it's incredible.

Jesus christ, if you're going to talk about a subject, make sure you know what you're talking about. Corrective morphs have been around for a very long time in cinema. We've also had them in games for at least a decade. (I can only speak from experience).

googling "corrective morphs" brings up a plethora of info

It amuses me so much that there are people using "proper" development tools, versus me using GM:S, and yet they somehow manage to be more incompetent than I am.

Might just be because for them, gamedev is a passive hobby/shekel-making exercise, whereas for me, it's pretty much the only thing that makes me feel good about myself, whereas everything else takes me away from that, and consequently makes me feel like shit
But fuck knows.

Does coroutines help in simple movement codes vs using update; its mostly used in AI, so could it be used normally for other stuff?
And how to utilise switch-case-enums properly? I can't seem to make use of two different enumstates work together.

Hey retard, if you cant disappoint people that means you can only impress them

Haha, indeed the cool factor is something important. I'm happy your project is coming along licely. It's especially cool to see you successfully collaborate.

I think tetradev puts enough attention to details that he'll fix that.

Yandev always struck me as technically inept more than anything else people hate him for.
It's really sad to compare him with the likes of tetradev.
Hell, I hope he'll get over that Automata thing.

Maybe he was hoping to release and get rich on an incomplete alpha mess that people would fix for him, like Notch.

Added a bunch of unlockable accessories and paintjobs for Speebot. They turned out better than I imagined. Here's one possible combination.

Very nice, but the hair clips with the shoulders.

WHERE'S THE SPOOKY LAVA LAND LEVELS SPEEBOT MAN

Is there a way to increase the performance of Blender? Because I every time I use the inset face it lags pretty badly but other mesh editing function doesn't lag as much, the model I am editing has 89k+ polygons.

No lava, this is as spooky as it gets (although I'm still adding new decoration props)

Don't worry fam, I gotchu covered.

Is it only with such a high poly model? Then you could hide parts of the model by selecting them and hitting H I think.
Here's some other possibly helpful stuff: blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?257323-What-everybody-needs-to-know-about-Blender-Viewport-performance

It happens to me on any high poly model. Hiding meshes does not really improve the performance much like I tried to hide all the meshes and only made a cube and inseting a face on it and the lag is very noticeable.

seems to be enabled as default now on new blender version, I have 2.78a. Since I don't see this option at all.
I don't use it at all.
I am going to assume it is the Mesh display -> Overlays: Edge one, it doesn't seem to improve the performance much.
I am on GLSL already but nothing is textured at all, I will surely as hell not texture a damn 89k+ polygon model, it will be probably going to take me months to do that for a single model.
I am going to assume it is the Backface culling option, well nope not much FPS increase for me.
My model is not textured at all. The other stuff seems to be related to sculpting which I am not using at all in this case.

So what is the only option left for me in this case, upgrading my CPU and or my Graphics Card? I have a GTX 570 and a i7-3770k Jewtel CPU at 3.50 GHz.

What a fucking loser. So he just straight up became an even bigger fag.

In case anyone's interested, some RPG maker stuff is on sale here: bundlestars.com/en/collections/degica

WHEN DO WE GET TO CUM INSIDE THE ROBOT

are there any blender addons from extracting Grease Pencil lines from freestyles? I found this one github.com/folkertdev/freestyle-gpencil-exporter/blob/master/freestyle_to_gpencil.py

but it seems to crash Blender upon rendering.

I'm about to just go to the blender forums and see if somebody could just "patch" the code, though I don't know if that would be rude to ask.

It probably works on an older version of blender.
Try to get a copy from before this date.

sadly I tried that. It seems the guy who made the code edited just enough that it won't even work with older versions, but not enough that it will work with the newer ones. It's pretty important that I get it working though… I've code a friend who knows various coding languages so I'll show it to him, and I suppose worse comes to worse I may just pay somebody to have them fix it. Seems like a lot of the code is there so I wouldn't imagine it would be to hard, but then, I don't really know the language.

I've got a friend

At least if you code a friend, he won't betray you in the end.

Are there good resources to learn how to optimize shit? I'd really like my small gamu to work on even the weakest of toasters and I would really like to know how to make it all easier to run.

he had an autism fit, and earned some bullying

bpy.types.GPencilPaletteColor.fsgpexporter = BoolProperty(name="Owned by FSGPExporter"
, description="Was this color created by the freestyle gpencil exporter?"
, default=False
, options = { ' ANIMATABLE ' }
)

seems like this is the code that's fucking it up for older versions if somebody know's what could be going on there.

do we have any evidence it was him so far?

That's a very broad subject. It starts at
and ends at

Get shit to work.
Profile it, and optimize as needed.
I know in Unity you can emulate hardware, and profile it in that context; then do the above.

First time posting in one of this threads.
Im making my own nier automata :^)

What is this supposed to be?

A top down action game with a pod that change modes.

Been out of this shit for a while (got a job as a professional programmer, so very little time for game devving). Getting ready to get back into it all, but not jumping right back into the whole ten yards with OpenGL and all yet (I've got a lot of OpenGL experience, but none with video games), so just going to do C++ and SFML for a small game or two. Planning on doing a small shitty Castlevania clone to begin with and moving on from that.

I had fun today, /agdg/. This Pixel Shader for Blender is a pain in the dick at first, but even without any knowledge in Blender I was able to make these renders. The actual models were made in Misfit Model 3D.

Also another thing I did.

there's some weird "free" optimization you can easily do. like for loops, make all post fix opreations into pre fix, compare to 0 is faster than comparing any kind of value, etc.

Its easy! Simply incorporate Nvidia Gameworks(TM) into your game and increase game performance on The Way Its Meant To Be Played

Knew that one. Some other ones I know:

But the key thing is, make sure your code works before optimization.

Has anyone had experience with the Blender game engine? I'd like to try to prototype something and it seems neat. But should one continue developing a game in it past a certain point?

They're like that because most "programmers" nowadays have no clue what they're doing and are just gluing together bloated libraries/engines instead of making the code themselves, and using super cool modern convenient language features©™ left and right instead of taking the time to write code properly.

There's an engine/plugin called BDX that uses blender as the interface. You'd be better off using that if you insist on using blender.

Been working on a game, which is like "hero defence" or something. In short, it's just a hero character fighting against enemies which get harder every wave.

The thing is that you can level up and after level upping, you can pick any passive you want in the game. Idea is to make tons of passives (and items, with passives) and actives, to really make your choice matter on the characters build.

It's still pretty early build, but I'll post some screens after I get home.

Too tired to argue, just trying to give some words from my own experience, but the preface of any argument I would tout is the above quote.

Also, you will find that most optimizations are situational specific/specialized for a particular issue; i.e. not a generic "do x for y".
So to arrive at this point you will need to start making shit to reach a point where that type of optimizations are necessary.
As a lot of stuff anons would suggest are specialized for the particular scenarios they've run into, and you would more than likely not remember them.
So it's best to code shit, get it to work, run into these situations, and gain experience with optimization in the best way possible; by optimizing shit yourself.
The rule of becoming an expert 100% applies here.
Work towards that 10,000 hour mark, and start creating shit, so you can break it, and make it better.

Thanks for the suggestion man, will give it a whirl. Hopefully ill manage to make something that kinda works, despite being a beginner.

Have you seen him since then? He was pretty depressed about Automata on /agdg/ as well. I have no idea why he would stick his head and his grievances into the hornet's nest that is the Nier thread here. Kind of silly. Everyone loves his shit and seems to understand he's no copycat. But he got fixated on that, even on the tumblr he has an elaborate post about that.

And why would he ever think he could compete with a game with an AAA marketing budget (gameplay aside)?
I always thought /agdg/ was for niche devs, with niche audiences, if they ever release.

things are starting to make sense now

its EXACTLY like this

Nah, people here just tend to have more niche interests.

He's definitely taking the whole thing too personally and seemingly spending more time being a drama queen and polishing his waifu than working on the game.

What would be the point though? Look at how similar their games look and feel. At this point he'd be better off reimagining the whole thing but keeping the gameplay… and we always know how that turns out.

How can you even tell how it feels? As far as I'm concerned his game hasn't even been defined yet, it's just the character and some base combat mechanics, and never seems to grow past that point.

He won't have time for that, probably. You do know he has to make it somewhat big with this game, right? The whole huge growing debt he inherited from his mother, polish mafia, probably organ harvesting if this goes on for much longer thing?

so he has to release it or he's fucked. Simple as that. I'm afraid his 'tism fit might have reduced his chances of selling to his largest possible audience, which is here.
But would that be enough? Will normalfags buy Tetrachrome?
Is the game any good?

And this, boys and girls, is why I don't depend on gamedev as a job.

Has anyone in the entire history of /agdg/ ever managed to turn gamedev into a job?

Hopoo doesn't count.

He posted some progress on a level he was working on. It was some tower structure that looked a lot like a Forerunner structure from the Halo series.
(Checked)
Risk of Rain was an /agdg/ project and now he works for Chucklefish games

The Lethal League and Vagante teams. Fight Knight from the looks of it.

They only published RoR. He doesn't work with them since Deadbolt.

Ahh, I see. Either way the guy has made a sustainable living off of making vidya

rolling on balls is fun

Yeah, he's essentially like the old developer success stories. I think he opened a small studio in Seattle with 2 or 3 more people to work on RoR2.

Nice balls.

We can always use more Super Monkey Ball clones.

Fun stuff, but it looks like a clone of super monkey ball. Are you adding any unique mechanics?

thanks.
yea, boss fights, mechanics like those balloons, cannons, springs, and tons of other stuff. hidden collectables and squirrel / ball customization.

as far as I know, there is no other way for tetradev to save himself from the pickle he is in. Wageslaving would never pay that debt.
but he is the only exception to that rule I can think of any venture requires financial back up

I'm sure there are people out there who were on /agdg/, showed their project to a studio and got hired as codemonkeys. Hell, I think this would work for tetradev if he God forbid ditched his dreams :(

I believe that with speedbot, his is one of the better current /agdg/ projects.
And I am sure he will make a good buck out of it if he doesn't sperg out. Not millions or anything, but from what I can tell, even the shittiest greenlight games can make money considered "good" here in Poland.
And I expect people will buy it just for the spectacle fighter feel, if he doesn't use the "single NEET savant makes AA-quality game on his own" PR to get sales.

He didn't become a tumblrite. He just seems… disgruntled with fullchan.

I find it very clearly defined. You might be experiencing the "black triangle" effects. The systems he made seem to allow him to make the levels relatively fast and the combat looks to be fleshed out.

This looks really good, you should post more and more often.

I honestly find that aside from "spectacle fighter starring an android with a great ass" the "look and feel" of the two games aren't similar at all.

Automota has this weird atmospheric gothic anachronism motif to it, wheas Tetrachrome aesthetic is purely SF, and focuses on gliding, and open world exploration, Even the enemies shown so far are vastly different.

People saying they look similar are blind.

This is sad.

Looks great!
Keep up the good work.

You can blame everybody who shills nier and summerfag
ever since mark fuck up with AppleGreen I'm losing hope with this website

Exactly what I told him when he posted in the /agdg/ about it awhile back.
It's actually a good thing if he thinks about it, and can be leveraged to gain an even larger audience who're looking for similar games; even though the only similarities are your initial mentioned statement.
But no, he wouldn't have it, and just kept down this path of self pity; finding excuses why this game's release somehow is the antithesis to his game (when in actuality he could leverage it to be the synthesis).
Sad really, as I like his premise, but tbh his personality irks me at times.

Literally who?

Who cares indeed

maybe in his head both games are alike, if that is the case he should know already that nothing you create will ever match the image in your head

What? What happened with AppleGreen?

that was a good one

thanks

What the fuck I thought acceleration is supposed to only go faster from 0 to 100 km/h instead of actually modifying the top speed value since there is a value for speed modifiers too on fuel items. Though I find those 2 results funny since on Bolshevikpedia the T-55 top speed is listed at 48 km/h while the tonkpedia one list it as 55 km/h top speed, wew.

Rustfag here. We finished our Rust Balance Overhaul that attempts to fix the game a tad. It was a project that we took on before we decided to actually work on a game, and worked on for a few months. I thought I might as well share what we've done on here - modding does apply to /agdg/ doesn't it?

Here's the list of what we changed: pastebin.com/0fYWa2Z0

We even got a pretty big server network to host the mod. I'm rather satisfied. We don't have much of a playerbase yet - but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thoughts on the changes?

If it wasn't a shit there wouldn't be any need to try and fix it now would there be?

Congrats. You took a turd and put sprinkles on it. You now have a turd with sprinkles.
The only way to fix something like this is the same as fixing Skyrim - total conversion. But at that point, just make a new fucking game.

I mean we did it, right? We started, followed through and finished. And it's more fun than it was before we started.

We are working on our own game - but this is something we began work on so we needed to finish. It's the principle.

I can appreciate perseverance, even if it's misplaced. I can also appreciate those dubs.
I wish you luck on your own game. I sincerely hope it's at least somewhat original, though.

user, it's rustfag. You know which game he's working on. Have a hint.

Well it could be road/field difference, and it could be a difference between different variations of T-55. And then there is the possibility of mixing T-55's up with T-62's.

Mate, I know. It's why I told him to make it original, because his concepts were just "I wanna make Rust".

It is what it is. We're pretty early in development - basic assets and all that gay shit - but here's a neat unfinished Sten i suppose.

First of all - this fucking meme is gonna chase me to the grave. Secondly - we got a proper modeler now so Elliot won't be making it to release. Thirdly, we're trying to do the genre some fucking justice. It ain't gonna be the "here's some random shit, go make it fun by bringing your friends" - we're actually trying to make a good vidyogaem with skillful PvP and actually fun PvE so it's not multiplayer-only pseudogame.

For what it's worth, you better believe me when I say that I fucking hate 95% of all games in this genre - mainly because it could genuinely be fun if only they weren't so pants-on-head retarded.

Not really. The concept we have written on the gdd is closer to a Terraria/Stalker/Chivalry crossover, than Rust in it's current state.

So consider not calling yourself Rustfag anymore. I think I told you months ago, but I really don't see why you need a name. Most people, we know by their projects.

That, and last I saw of you, your concept was pretty much just "Rust but it's totally gonna be good this time guys." Glad it's more original this time.

I was called Rustfag by people in /agdg/ a lot, so I used that moniker instead of being a faggot and using my actual common username. I'm still an user - just a specific user.

Anyone else here feels like some kind of pretentious imposter every time they think of a "good" story for a game ?

I'll sometimes come up with clever, 'deep' shit, ranging from really 'clever' explanations to song titles to elaborate endings and so on, but yeah, it sounds pretentious if I ever pat myself on the back for it.

GAMEDEV BACKUP DELETED PRANK GONE WRONG (ROOMMATE TRIES TO KILL ME)

I never realized how hard it is to spell "faggot" with three pixels in height.
I'll probably add more detail later on, I'm just whipping up general designs for them for the time being.

Only after posting this did i realize how retardedly big his head looks.
Wew.

It doesn't look bad.

Still something I'll have to fix.

I'm more concerned about the two-pixel wide outline.

I think it would be cool to run my game via browser, just pick up and play, whatever. It's a puzzle game, so it should be simple and light enough to do so.

Do I have to do it via Unity? What are some other options that interact with HTML5? I don't like Javascript, for obvious reasons, but also isn't the source code readable for those apps?

Woah woah woah. New guy here. What's the story here?

mark invited Youko Taro here for an AMA while he was here he stole some user's idea which gave birth to nier automata, user then went to sqenix quarters to reclaim but their gorillas beat him back to poland, once there his mother raised an small army of local babushcas for a counter offensive, she needed money for the travel so she asked the rusians for it with no intention of paying up, user never heard of her again but assumes either the rusians got to her, or that she actually got the money and the rusians will now come for him or his brother

You forgot the part where the babushcas nested like matryoshka dolls

Phaser supports TypeScript for 2D games.

yeah none of those site gives a value for both road and off-road top-speed which triggers my autism since there is a noticeable difference there.
This site mentions 457KW and 433KW engine power:
tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/USSR/soviet_T-55.php
And this one, from 373KW to 579KW engines:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-54/T-55
its kinda annoying for me to have those values to begin with. Of course as you mentioned it there is a shit load of different T-55 modification with changes here and there but still.

How do I go about making 2D collision?
The best idea I had would be making a matrix(pic related) with all possible collisions(1) and empty spaces(0), plus some special shit(2). I'm going to use it for pong, so the ball(-) would go around, but before each move it would test the next space in the matrix and see if it's empty(0), if not then it would do some action(either bounce off or score a point).
Considering I'm going to divide my screen into chunks, it'll run really well for this, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about collision.

I did try googling around, but all I could find was "click that button to enable collision in the engine", variations of that idea and a fun blog post about how pacman ghosts worked that had nothing to do with collision.

You're clearly overthinking it.

What you seem to be looking to do is axis aligned box collision, which is incredibly simple to achieve with simple boundary check.

In your example there would be 2 walls, 2 paddles, 2 special objects, and 1 ball. Just check all moving objects against all other objects each frame like this:
if ( a.x > b.x + b.width || a.x + a.width < b.x || a.y > b.y + b.height || a.y + a.height < b.y ){ //no collision}else{ //collision}

Does coroutines have some sort of accelerating effect? I tried to use coroutine for movement instead of update() and I did notice that it's much faster, but has this acceleration where it starts slow and then gains speed. Is it normal in coroutines and can I correct this?

I thought about that, but if there were a lot of objects it'd get out of hand really quickly with all the checks, whereas the matrix one just slaps everything on a matrix and only cares about the moving objects. It would run like shit given a large area though.

I know anything would work on this case. I just want to be autistic and make the best general algorithm I can.

Yup, overthinking it.
Look at AABBs (axis aligned bounding boxes) like that user suggested.
If you're going for large scale, then know that the amount of comparisons increases exponentially, so you need a data structure (or pre-checks) for If there's potential collisions.
So utilize a quadtree, or a similar spatial data structure so you only compare AABBs that are local to each other.

You can easily have thousands (or tens of thousands) of objects being checked against one another each frame with that.

If you're going to have tons of objects, sorting them into a quadtree is one good solution like suggested, but the complexity will shoot up significantly, and it'll be slower if there aren't many objects.

A quadtree where each node keeps track of how many objects the nodes below have could work well.
I guess I'll try the tree h-ha of them and see how they work out.
Thanks btw, have an anime.

Like other anons said: AABB would be fine for you but keep in mind you need to handle resolutions too, not just detection. If you're going to have any high velocity objects/high deltas you may want to look into swept AABB to avoid tunnelling too.

It depends though. The creation and/or startup of a thread can be slower than the task being done.

it's realy fucking annoying to find threads each time I want to see something. Does 8ch really not have a thread watcher?

I meant a working one

Click "watchlist" in the top bar you dummy.

this is unacceptable. Why couldn't he just ape 4chan's superior watchlist?

Hey, buddy
Kill yourself.

Install Dollchan.

I made this katana for a hack/slash game I'm working on. I haven't worked on the sheath yet or textured the sword but I still want some thoughts on it.

I'll just make them all an actor and say fuck it to the performance overhead I guess. Digging through UE4's eldritch BP/reflection shit for a few weeks because docs are non-existent doesn't seem worth it.

looks completely fine if you're going for a simpler or lo-fi presentation
if you were looking for realism, the tsuka (handle) should be an oval shape, not cylindrical
the tsuba (guard) is way too big, and shouldn't be square
the habaki (collar) should be the same texture and color as the fitting underneath the tsuba because they are the same piece.
nothing wrong with a straight blade on a japanese sword contrary to popular belief although it would not have been called "katana", simply "tachi"
this actually resembles the weapon sometimes called a "ninjatou" or "shinobigatana" although the blade is about 1/3 too long for that.

It looks too basic. It could work depending on the art style you are shooting for, but right now the geometry looks like you just cobbled a bunch of primitives together. I would at least make the handle flat on the sides instead of a cylinder.

Those red rubber bands are also weird looking, but I don't know what you are going to do with the textures. I think it would look better if the red and black bits didn't have the same size.

The guard is also just a box. Try to break the silhouette a little bit more. If this is not for a futuristic setting you should consider making it a bit thinner, because it looks a bit clunky right now. If you want to get a sci-fi look try to search for some sci-fi boxes online and see how they break down the shapes.

How do you make programs in C without having to compile huge libraries every time? Is there even a way?

My compile times already got what seems like an unreasonable bump just after linking windows.h for being able to get time, I can't imagine what it would become if I used SDL or something.

i plan to learn sculpting in blender, any advice or tutorials on where to start?

Every collision algorithm will have a broad phase which tries to quickly narrow down the needed tests to a relatively low number, and a narrow phase which tests the remainder as extravagantly as you want.
For broad phase you want some sort of spatial partitioning. Honestly, there's a ton of option, one of the easiest is probably a static grid not unlike what you described where the ball only needs to test vs. its adjacent cells. This should be an article that describes it well: buildnewgames.com/broad-phase-collision-detection/

Narrow phase depends on how your objects look, AABB is totally sufficient for pong but remember that you'll need to handle it properly (using the normal of the surface you collided against to mirror your movement vector or something like that), and for it to feel completely right you'll have to look into Swept AABB to get the exact time of impact and get the reflection movement 100% right. Read about it here: gamedev.net/articles/programming/general-and-gameplay-programming/swept-aabb-collision-detection-and-response-r3084/

p. sure windows.h has a #define you can use to cut down on the bloat. But in general, C/C++ has a reputation for long compile times. Some compilers use precompiled headers for some stuff to cut down on compile time too.

1: Get the library as a binary. Most libraries shouldn't be things that you have to compile yourself. Even then, if you do have to compile the library, you should only ever have to do it once for the initial install and once every time you update the version.
2: Use precompiled headers. windows.h will always give you a huge bump because it's a massive header, but if you precompile it, you will only have to pay that cost once.
3: Use a proper build system that only rebuilds objects if they're out-of-date, like Make
4: Use a faster compiler. GCC and Clang are about the same speed here. From my memory Visual C is a bit faster, but might not offer precompiled headers.
5: Use parallel compilation. GNU Make lets you do this.
6: Develop at low/no optimization. Lower optimization will compile faster and run slower, which is appropriate for development.

If you are on a very slow machine, like a shitty netbook or some tablet you're using as a computer, you might be SOL, though. There's a limit to the tricks you can use. Compiling code is heavy work, and you're best with a real workstation or a higher-performance laptop for this purpose.

Reminder that only idea guys rant about which engines are ze best and crap on unity/gm/etc…

I wouldn't call them ideaguys per se.
More often then not, it's people who desperately need validation, most often coming from Godotfags for some reason.

I had a similar situation with a project of mine. 3 years before the announcement of The Last of Us I started working on a game script, 1 year later I had finished it, 280 pages long, only a few friendos had seen it and then comes out the announcement of TLoU, with incredible similarities to it, lots of coincidences, same vibe, etc…

I didn't react badly to it, I create a lot of story concepts to store in a cache and its very common that other people come up with similar concepts and I have to either change them or discard them… but it was a bummer.

Really depends. There are legitimate merits and weaknesses of each engine, and there's nothing wrong with discussing those objectively. Licensing is also a very important consideration when it comes to engines. People who crap on engines without reasoning or with vague things that they obviously heard secondhand are probably ideaguys.

An engine is a tool, comparing engines objectively is just as valid as comparing languages, compilers, or libraries objectively.

I believe that user was more referring to imbecilic shitflinging, rather than constructive discussion. I've partaken in some, and while I see merit in using GM:S, I'll be the first to admit to it's downfalls. And yet certain people will screech autistically about how, if you don't use Godot, you are the scum of the earth. And it's that type of crap that I find so distasteful.

What triggered me was a group of know it alls dissing a released game because it was made in Unity, praising the glory of UE4.

Desperate codemonkeys want a magical black box engine to make their ideas real, so Unity and Game Maker market themselves as the only engine you'll ever need™ to this crowd. These codemonkeys see Unity/GM:S as a savior and basically become free advertising, shilling their engine wherever they go and screeching whenever someone suggests a different engine or criticizes their favorite.
The reality is that different engines suit different projects, and Unity can be okay if used properly. Game Maker: Studio is a passable prototyping tool at best and a clusterfuck of bad design at worst: there's loads of objectively superior 2D engines out there but only Godot comes close in mouthbreather-friendliness.
I'm not an idea guy either, I released a crappy game years ago, made decent progress in several others I'll reboot someday, and right now I'm trying to figure out whether some bizarre rendering errors are a Nvidia driver bug or not.

I did that too when Yooka-Laylee was coming out, but moreso because of what it implied for the team itself. They went from Grant Kirkhope telling tales of them creating super-advanced landscape manipulation engines that the N64 couldn't even handle, to using fucking Unity.
But for smaller teams, it's perfectly tolerable. Really, anyone can make a good game in any of these engines, but I knew instinctively that Yooka-Laylee was gonna be a letdown when I saw that.

Try to switch to a software rendering mode if you can, or use a different GPU. I've encountered numerous Nvidia and Intel video driver bugs, so I wouldn't rule it out.

I don't blame them. Unity is a warning light because it attracts awful developers who believe optimization is obsolete with modern hardware and that game engines should be gigantic, general purpose monsters that do everything for everyone without doing anything particularly well.

The rendering issues don't appear using the first edition's prebuilt binaries or in Windows 7 on the same hardware. I'll probably try again on nouveau using a GTS 450 and on an old Mac Mini's integrated Radeon GPU no bully, I'll have to test OS X builds on something, both with the same Linux distro and GCC version to make sure it isn't a distro or compiler-specific issue.

I get making fun of them, but what could possibly improve on that game with a better engine really?
Better FPS on lower hardware?
Even the reflection bullshit could have been done in Unity with free SSR code there is around, just like UE4s. Its not the kind of game I can see a custom engine being much of a diference.

I switched from UE4 to Unity because I wasn't in the mood to rewrite the whole character class of UE4 to be able to get the gameplay to do what I wanted. Initially I thought I would trade off that for shittier graphics and performance, but ended up looking better than in UE4 and more optimized, given my game's scope.

Again, it wasn't a technical thing - even graphics wise, the issue in the game was more art direction than anything. It was a hunch that the "old masters" had lost their touch, gone soft and were taking the easy route - a hunch that came true, unfortunately. It was basically "if they're cutting corners and using something like Unity, where else will they cut corners?"
I suppose it's a bit hard to explain.

I think of it like this.
An engine is purpose built for a particular design goal, with a design paradigm in mind, and each of these engines are competent up to a certain level; IFF you act in accordance with the above.

Well since they were apart of rare back in their golden days, then they would normally have access to an inhouse engine, and would be "taking the easy route" anyways.

why is there so much fucking useless world geometry here jesus what the fuck

It's a side effect of Cube 2 and Tesseract's weird level format.

TWO CUBES?!?

I am pretty much done with the SU-100 now. Tomorrow I might bother doing a proper looking terrain with shrubberies, terrains and other such things.

This was mightily informative.

You brought this upon yourself.

Nah just be an ideasguy like those normalfags would have. You'll win them over regardless

Thanks Valve, flat management is a miracle and I wonder why productive companies don't use it more often.

but the idea i told them was so fucking amazing that they said it was innovative but I'm sure someone has done it before.

we can be pretend nazis when the game is fun

The game is only fun when we can pretend to be nazis.

I might be retarded and also have a full time job though which isnt a good excuse but im also lazy

Why not both

im not a dev but im thanking you anyway for being such a fucking communist

itch.io is gay

your gay

That's pretty cool. Are they using distance field rendering techniques (sphere tracing)?

I must be losing it

anyone know why this might be happening?

As you can see, the material works in the node editor, it also works properly in youtube.com/watch?v=u2GAHnDaUpU&t=297s (4:39), but all I can see is black on the object.

I'm getting so fed up with Blender I'm considering switching to Maya.

do you have a light in the scene? Try to see if it also work in render view (shift+z). If it does it probably an edit view only setting you have to change.

yep, I've got a light in the scene and it does work in render view. Guess I'll mess around with the edit view settings for a bit and see if anything comes of it.

any idea what setting it may be

I don't think it would benefit me much. I'll be doing something similar to 2d animation in Blender.

scratch that, turns out the vertex color is automatically black instead of white so upon changing that it's working like normal. It would also explain why it worked for some people and not for others.

I see. I recreated the example and also got a black object. And vertex painting it white also solved the issue. It probably sees empty vertex colors differently in the viewport and rendered views, I guess.

Are you the autist who keeps complaining that Godot doesn't support cycles formats?

no im just an artfag and cycles renders look better

Now I just gotta figure out how to render something with freestyle and gpen

Wot's his Tumblr I'd like to pay attention to his stuff.

Another meme game from Imgur

imgur.com/gallery/v2VVu

nigga wym thats actually really impressive, imgur or not

I know, it looks nice, I'm just half-shitposting

This is pretty fire to be honest. Kind of funny that one guy can make a better space game than no mans sky or star citizen cashgrab devs.

It's even better that the comments (full of normalfags) acknowledge this

Looks impressive, hopefully he finishes it and attaches a good game to the tech demo.

If you can make the tech for space travel and planets and shit (which isn't exactly rocket science pun intended), it'll be trivial to then turn it into a better game than NMS.

The only thing star citizen has are impressive graphics, the technology doesn't appear to have anything special to it.

That's a little too good for a meme game. You want actual cancer, check the KanshiCity twitter

Either I did something wrong back then or this faggot's in bed with the indie clique

had the last few days off so I made a bunch of anime titty progress, specifically I finished most of the rigging and controls setup. Still need to make some changes to things like the hair (it currently looks like a spaghetti disaster), and need to actually skin the thing (hence why there's all sorts of weird errors on these renders like the fucked up feet or her bikini bottom being warped looking). Also need to figure out how to add the jiggle physics. I did it before on a test model, but trying it again here led to weird errors. Will have to sort that out.

anyway have some rough, fucked up looking renders

What's his tumblr?

So, looks like since Unity finally added in .NET 4.6 functionality, nice things like Concurrent collections and Tasks work. Takes a bit of messing around to get Tasks to work nicely with the engine, because everything and it's mother throws an exception if you try to access it from off of the main thread, but I think I'm on the start of something neat.

Keep going brah. If you fix it up, I'm sure plenty of anons will fap to it.

I doubt anyone actually has this since
But gonna ask on the off chance someone actually does. Looking for a download for this forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/gubids-tactical-battle-system-v2-4-for-ace.16085/ The guy who made it has had his website taken down since nearly the start of the year and I can't find a download anywhere, everyone just links back to his site which is deader than dead.

in case I can never track this down is there any other easy programs to make a trpg in?

Well here is my result so far, it was annoying to work with since the only way to see how the sky is rendered is by changing the render mode and it took me ages to get the sky background shown somewhat correctly. I need to do later a low polygon model out of it to bake from now since it is pretty much finished at this point and then it should hopefully look much more better then my current low poly SU-100 model that I have now.

Now I know you're using RPGMaker, but I'd still expect enough intelligence from people on Holla Forums to know how to use the waybackmachine.
web.archive.org/web/20170425221611/http://gubi.us:8001/redmine/news
Here's the latest release: dropbox.com/s/8pzix8kl64atwex/GTBSv2_4_Release1.zip
There's apparently a problem with that version though:Hey guys, It has come to my attention that there is an issue in the v2.4 demo that prevents you from saving your game. This issue is not actually caused by GTBS. But because it is included in my demo, I felt inclined to inform you of the latest demo for Layy Meta which resolves the issue. Specifically, you will want to get the Layy Meta 1.7 demo and copy its script section contents into the GTBS demo to resolve its issues with saving.You can get the Layy Meta Download from the following URLdropbox.com/s/psp9ecaqfu9au7q/Layy Meta 1_7.zip **this linked to another blogpost, so I edited the actual link in**To update to this version. 1. Download the zip file wherever you want. 2. Unzip the Layy Meta Project to its own project folder.3. Open RPG Maker VX Ace and open the Layy Meta Project.4. Open the Script Editor and locate the 'Layy Meta Engine' script header entry5. Copy the the script contents and overwrite that within the GTBS project of the same name. 6. Ensure you copy the MGC_Layy_Meta_1_7.dll file from the project folder to yours.
So just follow those instructions I guess, because even though that post was made 3 years ago and he talked about releasing a V4.1 he never did.

Are Unity Rigidbodies always such a tragedy? Took me hours of optimizing and sarching through forums to prevent shit going total wonky.

talking a bout meme games
store.steampowered.com/app/585550/FEMINAZI_The_Triggering/
look at the fourth video

Thanks user, and I had completely forgot about wayback existing at all. Haven't used it in probably a year or so.

steamcommunity.com/app/585550/discussions/0/1318836262661137520/

As toxic and cancerous as the whole package is, I had a laff. Good shit

Jesus, the number of owners. It's a $1 game and Steam takes a 30% cut, but that's still EASILY over $50,000 or more

GOD DAMN IT I made my scene exactly like the one in this shitty tutorial and my character still falls through the fucking floor.
whats worse is I can't find any tutorials about 3D collision, they're all 2D.

Also Godot 3.0 fucking when

Build something using axis-aligned boxes, that's retard-proof and you can do it the exact same way you would do it in 2d, except that you have another dimension to test it on. If you want more general shit, good fucking luck. You can use the Separating Axis Theorem, there's an article on using it with oriented bounding boxes on the first page of Google - which is most likely general enough to cover every not-round collider that you want to use - that gives you a readymade, optimized (and, therefore, really ugly) pseudocode implementation of the collision detection. But good luck programming the response. Alternatively you can implement it the traditional way, keeping in mind that you have to test it on 15 axes in total for OBBs in 3D (which they are is found in the article), which will make the response somewhat more intuitive to program.

Download the example projects and look at how they do it:
github.com/godotengine/godot-demo-projects/archive/2.1.zip

Did someone say 33 minutes?

I have quadruple backups, but I hope it doesn't mean I have to redo a lot of stuff since I only do full backups on weekends. Worse is I don't think I activated Steam Cloud game save syncing.

Fappable

Holy shit nigger where do you live? Get a dehumidifier or something god damn.

Backing , buying a decent dehumidifier will probably save money you'd otherwise spend on damaged computer components in the future. It's better to pay a little more right now for a good solution than save on a half-assed solution that could fuck you over in the future.

Hotwheelsland. I do have airconditioning but I turn it off when I go out. I have a backup drive I always take with me, plus I sneaked in another one in the server room in my office.

I'd have to redo 1-2 weeks of work which isn't that bad but I want to finish this damn game already so I can make another kind of game, perhaps the Valkyria Chronicles clone I've always wanted to make, but inspired with real battles such as embed related (where the local ISIS fight like Vietcong, tunnels and all), both sides using toy drones, jacked pickup trucks and shit.

< what could possibly be that good about the fourth video it's been absolute shit besides the trailer
Thanks friend. I needed that laugh tonight.

Blast the entire content of your hard drives into the fungus before it's too late, user!

Hard drives can become moldy?

Moisture+warmth = mold paradise, no matter what

Did we finally purge the tumor?

Who's that guy ?

That alleged diaperfurfaggot who's working on MoM

What's MoM ?

If only you knew.

A literal clone of Hexen that somehow looks even worse but with baragay furfags.

True cancer to the medium. You are no better than those safe space faggots at GDC.

Where's your game?

Its like pottery. Where is your game?

Sounds like you don't have one.

Here let me help you back to your home boards.4chan.org/vg/

If you're the MoM guy, please post screencaps of your game, I want to see it.

I'm not, I'm just pointing out that if you have no game and hate people who make games, then 4chan's /agdg/ is for you.

I think you need to read the link again. Or did you forget what website you're on?

Don't give him (You)'s, dammit.

Don't give him (You)'s, dammit.

I like your style fam.

I made an object for the first time
advice pls

The leaves need transparency, the trunk needs texture.

hand isnt perfect but you're never gonna get a closeup of the hands in this game

Quite the understatement.

this is a JSRF spiritual successor. the characters in that game had large hands because it made spraying paint a more readable motion and overall just made hand-based animations more readable

Another small question for the devs: how do you go about making sound effects, specifically those related to menus or messages? Are there good sound-design theories? What would you say are good examples of sound design?

SFXR, mouth farts, a microphone, and an audio editor

Pretty easy to scale the head up though.

quick WIP + concept

Over a week coding nonstop, almost have the expedition feature finished

Oh hey, another Tesseract user.
we should team up

source?

My nigger. What do you plan on making with it?
I'd like to keep my own vidya project solo, but feel free to pull from my (eventually public) repo if I end up implementing anything you'd like to use in your own game.

A TF or a Halo game. What does your repo provide?

Fucking nothing at the moment. I'm downloading some VirtualBox images to compile Tesseract in and see if my render issues are graphics driver-related (as eihrul suggests) or something distro/compiler-specific as I suspect.
Map size might be an issue for you because models start shaking once you go above mapsize 12. I used to remember what caused it and it probably wouldn't be hard to find again.
I'd like to replace the crappy built-in positional audio with OpenAL and maybe use libxmp for tracker module playback. Still not sure what I'll do for rigid body physics, main options are either expanding the built-in physics engine or plugging in ODE (I don't know much about Newton Game Dynamics and integrating Bullet with Tesseract is more complicated because it expects dedicated collusion meshes, something Tesseract maps don't have or need).

Collision, my bad.

Oy vey goy stop with this hate, do you want to start another shoah?

Okay dudes here's the deal. Me and five of my friends sound pretty set on making a porn game, but before we do we need to gather some intel. We need to know what kind of game we should make, and what kind of kinks it should include and other factors. I'd appreciate it if you took the time to fill out this survey.
surveymonkey.com/r/L7Y8ZZ6

That actually looks pretty fucking fun.

Is this a Haydee mod?

i have no hard data to back this up, but asking here if you want to make money is a pretty bad idea. You will most likely want to make money through patreon and out of all gaming related my guess would be that here the fewest people even have an account there. Best fetish would probably be furry, since they seem to have very deep pockets. For anything more specific you could probably ask on furry sites.
maybe someone can post the furry sites where one would ask those questions since i am also considering making a porn game, but dont know where to start in order to rake in those furry bucks

If your making smut for money, you can't go wrong with furshit.

noice

I really like the concept art, but the model looks too fat. Is that orthographic view?

How do i get the character to blend into animations that use root motion in UE? My attack animations all use it and they look shit when done while walking because the character instantly stops. The blend-in factor doesn't apply for the root bone it seems.

As a counterpoint to and , the furfag porn market is oversaturated right now and a well-made non-furfag porn game can make fucktons of money if aimed at the right people (see Monster Girl Island, even if the creator sold out to trapfags for extra dosh).

yes

Just a poll.
How big a market does loli/schoolgirl have in the west?
Maybe I've been blinded by the success of Unteralterbacht, the number of Holla Forums pedos and Akaburs witch trainer, but there seem to be a fair few pedos and hebes who are into these games, or are these games just memes and youtube bait?

Eventually I'd like to work on a comfy, non-lewd hypnotic visual novel or an open source VR hypnosis program that people can plug their own 3D models and audio files into. I definitely wouldn't charge money for the latter and probably none for the former, assuming I even make them.

Don't do that. Most Holla Forums pedos swarmed here after a leaf journalist spammed the site with child porn because his article told them it was a pedo-friendly hangout and it took ages to get rid of the fuckers posting child models everywhere. There aren't many of them left unless you're looking on Holla Forums, and lolifags generally aren't pedos.

you were right about her being a bit wide, so I took a stab at slimming her a bit.

Slimming her out just makes her big hands and massive boots stand out more.

the big hands and feet are part of the aesthetic, since most of the animation is going on in those extremities and it's a heavily stylizewd game, making those parts larger makes them more readable in motion and accentuates their motions better

there's a reason JSRF did exactly this, and why fighting games largely do exactly this.

THICCER

Tekken does just fine with realistic proportions, thank you very much. Even Ling with those tiny girly arms are still readable. Street Fighter gets a lot of things right but I'm really not fond of the huge hands and feet.

difference in taste then, i think aesthetically street fighter's proportions look amazing in motion

I understand that much. Thing is, you scaled down her limbs without adjusting the shape. She still has the legs of a thicc girl, they're just shrunken without losing any fat and it looks wrong.
If you really want to make her thinner my inner thiccfag would complain, but that aside, at least tweak her model to fit her new size. The figure changes as bodyfat goes up or down and so should your model.

i didnt scale down the limbs though, I trimmed the legs along with the torso, just the torso moreso since her shoulders/ribcage were too wide which more fit a man's anatomy than a woman's

the limbs should be at least slightly disproportionate to the body anyways since that's what will look best in motion and in-style

At last I truly see.

I think the proportions are good. She has appealing female figure plus a sense of weight that makes her look like fighter that can pack a punch/kick and not like a twig.

s-so… this is gamedevving…

Whats a good way to do rules-based programming/logic?

Think like "if object to LEFT is of type ROCK then" but customizable during runtime. Make a bunch of functions and expose them to the user?

So… A loli/schoolgirl game is alright?

Man. Working with xcel and .txt files is like a dream.
You don't have to go in classes and subclasses to get your numbers, and they're easy to change and most IDE's have API's to help you with that shit.

Depends on the law in whatever country you live in. Some places loli is entirely illegal, some places it's legal to enjoy but not produce, and some you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Woo!
I checked and, as it turns out, it's perfectly legal to draw and write about lolis where I live. Just as long as I don't show it to anyone.

Makes me wonder… Will I get charged with a crime if someone, somewhere "stole" a USB drive with my stuff and then put it out on the internet with payment transfered to my account?

Make it physics driven

I know u can do that with C#, as in, dynamic runtime compilation.
For the end users something like node based programming utilizing your pre-programmed generic functions.

Possibly an interpreted language would be useful in this case.

Finally got the grass into a compute shader.
now need to get cutting back.

I also can get some more frames, currently running on 500 fps if I disable vsync

Meh I just made a small (3x3) Warehouse which will come in all 5 variations while the bigger one (5x5) will be available in only 2 variations which is regular and storage. I find that having a large warehouse that can act as a requester, active provider or other such variations a little bit too overpowered, I haven't decided on any storage size yet so far maybe the large one should get a 1k item slot while the smaller one maybe around 500 slots or so.

All that Is left to do right now is doing some recipe balancing, technology related stuff and thats it. Later I will see if I can make those 2 models look a bit more detailed and adding a robot logistic module for the larger one as I did right now with the smaller ones.

It depends. Do you just need flexible conditional checking or the ability for the player to change what happens if the condition is true? If so I'd probably use function pointers/references for the conditional and the action to trigger, then when the player changes the rule you just change which function the pointers point at.

Okay so for the game i'm working on I had it set up so when you enter areas its a sidescrolling deal then when you get into combat it's an isometric deal and I thought, fuck it why not just do the whole thing isometric, it's basically already a fallout ripoff. I already have some isometric work for a different game I never bothered making so I can cannibalize that.

So I started working on isometric sprites, HK went by fine, then I start working on a female sprite and the body looks about right but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the fucking face to look right. It's driving me up a wall, i've been at it for 3 hours and I can't get it right.

can someone help me out? I'm running into major block here.

Getting models into Source Engine is a fuckin' bitch but it is very much worth it.
Oh also, I'm devving again. Picking up other projects is a real bitch, innit? But I watched Bladerunner again so my metaphorical legs are OKAY.

I really like that talking sound effect for some reason, I can't put my finger on it though.

I'm designing a lot of shit to harken back to a very specific atmosphere that was present in a lot of old Flash games. It was this sort of "chill but mysterious, dimly lit, concrete, and filthy" atmosphere that was present in shit like the games "A small favour" and the Sonny series.
The sound effects are designed around that as well. It's meant to have a sort of gravelly "overweight metro employee" sound to it.

I tried something real quick.
It's not great, but it's a bit better still.

the eyes are a definite improvement, now she actually looks mildly female instead of extremely angry.

Just some random thoughts:

The main appeal of developing for a game console, from my perspective, is portability (being able to play a game wherever you go).
Mobile phones also share the mobile feature, but the amount of leverage you can get out of just a touch screen is limited. That said, Fire Emblem series just made $100 million, clearly mobile gaming is a profitable market….For some, at least.

That said, when you look at portable game consoles like the PSP, PS Vita, Switch, etc. the only consoles that support fragment shaders are Nintendo Switch and…I think Vita?
And only portable game console supporting Vulkan is Nintendo Switch. (Astonishing when you consider how Nintendo has tended to lag behind in graphics tech, partnering up with NVIDIA may have been a good idea).
In fact, if you look at all Nintendo game consoles, the only two that support fragment shaders are WiiU and Switch.

So, if you want to use modern shading techniques (physically based rendering) and target mobile platforms, your only shot is Nintendo Switch.
And modern (7.0 Nougat) Android devices, I guess?

Now, if you go back one generation in graphics tech to the days before real-time PBR, this opens up a lot of opportunities, and you could probably target GCN, Wii, 3DS, PSP, etc. and achieve a pretty consistent look between various legacy and/or portable game consoles.
Your game then appears a generation behind in graphics technology, but appears on several platforms other than PC that people might appreciate.

To PBR, or not to PBR…That is the question.

Alternatively, might could author two sets of materials- one for non-PBR rendering environments, one for PBR.
Materials are a fairly limited set of parameters so it might not be an entirely insane line of thought.

Anyone here with experience with Bullet3D and sub-stepping? Bullet docs claim it computes the interpolation for the final partial sub-step for the gfx transform matrix. But it doesn't seem to do this. I am getting some pretty bad jitter.

Don't look at me.

Holy fuck, the entire time I thought it was some weird virtual function shit but all I had to do was set up a fresh build env. Christ this is stupid.

I see everyone is hard at work. Non-shit vidya is just around the corner, right? Right?

I know I am

of course, user

stop bothering me kid, let me play videogames in peace

You surely meant your videogames. Am I correct, user?

What am I looking at?

digimon world 1 with last remnant combat

first i'm almost done with the combat now, i just need to move the characters around and a result screen, then I'm doing a very small campaign then release

who here aggressive inline skate?

Your wheels should be more rounded around the edges.

just to confirm, we can make threads at page 13 right?

Yes

then here it comes