Why do video games have different voice actors repeat the same lines that...

Aiden Kelly
Aiden Kelly

Why do video games have different voice actors repeat the same lines that multiple NPC's say instead of just having them record new and unique ones for each NPC?

Zachary Butler
Zachary Butler

Examples would be Fallout, Skyrim, L.A. Noire, Dishonored ETC

Carson Torres
Carson Torres

Using the brain to think of new unique lines for each character is too tiring for those vidya that go that route, they go the easy way.

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

because all of those games are absolute garbage. and you should feel as depressed as kike cucklasa that you even bothered playing them.

Owen Green
Owen Green

Audio shitpost for a few hours a day with each character
Get some hilarious/ thought provoking material
Mission accomplished?

Anthony Murphy
Anthony Murphy

The actors get paid by the line, as I'm sure everyone knows, but what you probably don't know is that repeat lines usually come at a lower pay per line in the contract. This is supposed to keep big shot faggots from storming in, repeating everything everyone else already recorded and leaving with 100 times the money, but all it really did was make games where 1 C-list, sometimes B, celebrity voices 3 minutes of dialogue and the rest is interns or people with so little range they might as well be interns.

Samuel Hughes
Samuel Hughes

Don't they spend less money the less the VA says?

Justin Robinson
Justin Robinson

I mean, really, compare the emperor in ES4 to this. I guess I can't blame him for not sounding interested in Oblivion AKA the most bland game of all time but it's like no one even tried with that shit.

Adam Martinez
Adam Martinez

That's Reich, Jay.

Luke Myers
Luke Myers

why aren't they shoving 50GB of uncompressed audio lines people will hear one time at most on top of the 50GB of uncompressed textures we have filling up our games' installs?

Adam Moore
Adam Moore

You can have unique audio that is the same filesize as generic audio you know.

Ian James
Ian James

Why do video games have different voice actors
Could have stopped there.

Jace Harris
Jace Harris

L.A. Noire is garbage
Nigger what? I'm sure Rogue warrior is more your type of speed for video games

Landon Jenkins
Landon Jenkins

Because it's cheaper, and the only people who care about this have aspergers, me included.

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

Sometimes I think it's just an honest mistake.

Charles Ward
Charles Ward

same reason they make games:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mason Rogers
Mason Rogers

for it to happen in so many games and franchises i think not

Isaiah Kelly
Isaiah Kelly

Raditz and Nappa also share lines, though more frequently than that through various parallel quests.

Owen Watson
Owen Watson

I think that's true but it's far less noticeable than the Trunks-Gohan example.

Brody Morales
Brody Morales

Completely misunderstanding the OP

Wanting NPCs to not sound like a hivemind is a sign of aspergers
Count me in then.

Austin Robinson
Austin Robinson

i blame people who blast their shitty methods full of buzzwords so they can sell training to companies who eat this shit up to start crapping out min. effort min.cost overpriced shit

Nicholas Green
Nicholas Green

Because in real life people greet eachother the same way, mostly.

Oliver Morgan
Oliver Morgan

So the ideal solution is no voice acting at all. Gotcha.

Elijah Wood
Elijah Wood

In the case of dishonored, NPC chatter was kinda fucked from the get go with their idea of procedurally mix-and-matching bits of dialogue. I imagine them recording said bits with different VAs was their idea of variation.
It was one of the things Dishonored 2 fixed.

Justin Ross
Justin Ross

That bullet list is the biggest pile of horseshit.
deciding as late as possible
So being a waffling fence-shitter is a good thing? Be decisive from the beginning or you've already failed.
delivering as fast as possible
Because fuck polishing or testing a product, right? Fuck due diligence. Fuck responsibility. Just shit it out and wash your hands of it like a fucking communist.
eliminating waste
amplifying learning
empowering the team
seeing the whole
These are all completely meaningless sentence fragments.
building integrity in
This isn't even language.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page