Mega Maker is here, and you thought it'd be C&D'd

Ethan Murphy
Ethan Murphy

WUH
https://mega-maker.com/
Some dudes made a mario maker clone for megaman.
YOU CAN BOUNCE ON ENEMIES WITH TOP SPIN
FOX'S REFLECTOR AND META KNIGHT'S TORNADO ARE SPECIAL WEAPONS
Why is there only two bosses and three weapons per game?
Because it's EARLY ACCESS version 1.0

All urls found in this thread:
https://mega-maker.com/
Anthony Ross
Anthony Ross

The old thread's still here you know

Brayden Cox
Brayden Cox

It works on Linux with wine

Matthew Bailey
Matthew Bailey

There's like 3 dudes talking about levels but the thread itself is just discussing game clones, hopefully this thread gets traction for anons sharing levels and talking about the maker itself but if this dies stillbirthed in the catalog I'm not going to whine about it.

Nathaniel Campbell
Nathaniel Campbell

Also nice

Luke Morales
Luke Morales

10,000 small platforms.
only sniper joes and conveyor belts.
Are your bodies ready?

Xavier Stewart
Xavier Stewart

Where's the source code?

Luis Carter
Luis Carter

I'm sure it's possible to drag the old thread back on topic, but this one has a more appropriate OP. Not to mention a more obvious Loss than the one posted in the original thread.

Zachary Miller
Zachary Miller

C&D for non profit fan projects

How is this legal again?

Christian Cook
Christian Cook

Copyright law is funny. Sometimes if you let something like a harmless fan project go through it can make your copyright claims null and void.
Copyright law is pure cancer.

Jordan Roberts
Jordan Roberts

That's trademark law, not copyright law and it varies from country from country. That said in Japan you do have to defend your trademarks rather rabidly or risk losing them.

Elijah Edwards
Elijah Edwards

Its so simple and down to basics, its not even interesting. The only thing i like about this is a working level download system. That's about it.
Maybe i would change my mind if they would do Mega Man X Maker.

Jaxon Evans
Jaxon Evans

So if I'm getting this straight, if someone decided to take the Wii U trademark, they would lose it? This is fucked and horribly stupid, why would they make a "king of the hill"-like law?

Oh I wonder.

Adam Peterson
Adam Peterson

A trademark isn't taken, it's lost. Like "elevator" and "trampoline"- these used to be trademarks, now they're just words. This is why Band-Aid is trying to get people to say "Band-Aid bandages", they want to keep their trademark.

sage because not vidya

Luis Sanders
Luis Sanders

That's just as bad, holy shit.
So, is the "Switch" trademarked by Nintendo only, about a Light "Switch" for electricity, how does that work? I'm pretty ignorant regarding this thing.

Charles Wood
Charles Wood

Its more like how old people from England call their grandchildrens' gaming devices (of any sort) "a Nintendo"

Nolan Barnes
Nolan Barnes

Nintendo trademarked the "Nintendo Switch" not the "Switch"

Justin Wright
Justin Wright

actually the strict ruling in japan is that fanworks have to have original art. There are tons of fangames in Japan, all legal, all of which do not infringe

Grayson Thomas
Grayson Thomas

Yes, generally trademarks only account for similar products or ones that can cause legit consumer confusion. In this instance, only computer systems can't use "switch" in the name by itself. Their "It's On Like Donkey Kong" trademark is a sloganmark, meaning it only applies to advertisements.

Connor Kelly
Connor Kelly

Get your backups ready. This will be another AM2R again, we all know Capcom.

Jaxson Ross
Jaxson Ross

Implying Capcom gives the slightest fuck about Megaman

Highest lel

Dylan Thompson
Dylan Thompson

But can you make your own robotmasters?

Camden Moore
Camden Moore

I assume they will let you do your own full game eventually.

Gabriel Morales
Gabriel Morales

works on Linux
aw yea-
with wine
Into the bog.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page