Got Deus Ex Mankind Divided dirt cheap a while back

But man, are modern hard modes that pussified? I didnt even notice.

You played the redux, didn't you?

Are you confusing it with human revolution?

he's talking about 2033: Redux; which completely ruined the combat system and made it "press f to kill; press e to render unconscious"; and they made throwables a quick button instead of a weapon you equip and can melee with, oh and lets not forget, this new system is entirely HUD dependent, so the only indicator you have for what consumable you have equipped is a unique noise that it makes when you toggle through each grenade

I can understand the complaints that the original 2033 felt clunky and slow, but honestly, it felt more immersive than it felt like bad design.

Oh no i bought metro when it came out because im a bookfag.

Did you play stealthily? Because of course increasing the damage enemies do won't make stealth harder.

I did, going loud in dyoos ecks games is for shadowrun fuckers taking a break from their otherkin larps. You go ghost or go home.

Well no shit it was still easy then.

A numbers increase is a dogshit 'difficulty increase' by dogshit devs. A proper hard mode changes enemy ai, increases numbers or upgrades units. Complaining that people can stealth by them and going "its your fault you found it easy, stop having fun your way!" is a pretty lame way to be a dev apologist.
If they can't make a harder mode that makes a game harder for both playstyles thats a failure of the game designers.

It is, but in your same OP you praise metro for it. I'm pretty sure you could've turned off your HUD and turned on russian VAs for MD as well, and playing on ranger difficulty AFAIK just makes resources more scarce and enemies hit harder.

even worse ranger difficulty in metro makes your bullets hit harder, so if you stealth, you can't lose

Ranger mode doubles the damage you do to enemies and the damage they do to you. Ammo and consumables are much more scarce, especially gas mask filters, which impact you heavily regardless of playstyle.

Words cannot describe how wrong you are, killing an enemy with anything that's not a headshot; and mind you, about half way through the game, everyone and their mother gets a helmet, so good fucking luck getting a kill without having to double dink and cause a huge fucking ruckus; has a random chance for them to yell at the top of their lungs that they've perished and for everyone on the level to stay alert for the duration of your stay.

Oh and stealth doesn't help for the majority of mutant encounters, or the amoeba zone; which are easily the more difficult parts of the game.

Post Galko

So what? You would've liked if MD had less resources and then it would have been 10/10 difficulty? You can't say that just changing damage values is a cop out difficulty change then praise a game for doing that exact thing.

I'm not OP

oh sorry.

Its cool, I did play MD though, and there were many things besides the difficulty that needed fixing, like the fact you can stunlock the ending boss with a revolver you can get early in the game; and the instahack tools which are way too easy to craft and abuse.

I just pirated it a few days ago and beat it today. It was ok, not sure if I liked it more than HR or not though. I seldom used the multitools because I hoarded parts for no reason and built myself for hacking and didn't want to waste the praxis. Still don't know why they made the instahack tools, they are far too powerful and are dispensed like candy. My main issues were with content and story. Only two real missions in the game and the rest is running around the single hub town, and everyone is either bland or an asshole.

Huh. Well good on ya for at least 100%ing it.

That bad? Fuck, good thing I played the original.

But that's bullshit, the original was the one that had you completely fucked while the redux one enables you to view your inventory and what throw able you have selected by pulling up your clip board.

Sure, lets just make the game automatically clear itself and in case it fails somehow nothing happens and it just continues with no consequences.

A friend lent me his ps3 and it has Diablo 3 in it you don't know how shocked I was when I first died in it, dropped it instantly. Why would someone even want better gear and skills and shit when you simply cannot fail?

Video on Diablo 3, since I didn't know it for the longest time and would probably never know about it if I wasn't lent the ps3.
How didn't this generatte a huge backlash? This essentially kills the game, tanking and actively playing well to survive means nothing, just brute force dps until the bosses die.

Well personally, i'd have preferred a few more city hubs, missions that weren't cut out of the main game, an actual conspiracy and a story that's coherent, more philosophy, decent enough coding so the game doesn't crash every 5 minutes and no token nigger characters. But that's just me.

In theory, higher damage matters to stealth if you screw up. But no they should be harder to avoid in this setting, or you can do more creative things like how in MGS the radar is removed.

You do double the damage and the game literally gives you a weapon which pops those amoebas spawners in two hits and a shit ton of ammo for it in the previous chapter.
Mutants are a fucking joke anyway, a pneumatic weapon can kill them easily especially if you stealth.

What a cute toy but aren't you a bit old for those?

i look at this from an opposite angle
"normal" should be for normalfags
"hard" should be genuinely harder by making enemies smarter, resources more constrained etc, not just buffing health of enemies and amount of them

increases numbers

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????