WARFRAME UPDATE INCLUDES AN OPEN WOLRD PLANET

Plains of Eidolon

To be honest its been years since ive played this grinding simulator. I dont know how much the game has changed besides the parkour. But this addition seems kinda big though.

Thoughts?
Does anyone here even play the game anymore??

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/rules.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ehhh, I might try it out just to see what it has to offer. But the game got incredibly boring with all the nerfs

I had a energy vampire immortal Trinity with one of their newer rifles built to crit that would literally melt anything that got in my way and then DE listened to their shitter fan base aka Reddit and nerfed everything.
I probably have around 2k Plat on my account as well, all of which I jewed from idiots in Trade Chat.

ahahahahahahahaha sure it'll be great

They claimed it was well optimized.

SLEEK

They can't even make their linear levels the least bit interesting gameplaywise, what are they fucking thinking?

Sell your account to a giant autismo and make money dummy.

I only pay attention to Warframe because of the cute fan art and gay shipping.

BEGONE FUJOSHI

did the update release?

The best part is that even though this series is known for it's alien aesthetics this is the most generic possible open world they could have made
They might as well have just copy pasted the assets from any random early access survival game

Old thread has more info and content. Don't want to repost it so soon. Keep it there if possible.

Ah shit, sorry about that. Didnt know that there was another warframe thread.

With those hips, no way bro.

It comes from an old joke in the community that she's trans.
Ember was male in early versions of the game.

Hey, the thread has over 310 replies, shouldn't it be dead right about now? I could copy and paste the info from there here if you want.

calling it now, they are going to scale everything down to ant size so they can fit it all on one map. but some shit will look disproportionate kind of like what they did with archwing missions

Oh I forgot to ask
IS THIS GAME NOT SHIT YET?

Well i wont play this game again.

It's past the bump limit but it needs to be either past 700 posts OR hit page 13 before a new thread gets made. Go ahead and copy/paste what you have to that thread and if this thread is still around once the old one hits the limits we'll continue here.

What I learned from my time with this game is that DE doesn't have an ounce of consistent direction for it and every new thing they slap in is half baked and buggy, turning Warfarm into a bigger and bigger mess.
My bet is that this is going to be one doozy of a substanceless distraction.

it's alright
surprisingly good for such an old game
gameplay is good enough that it keeps me hooked, even though I already have 95% of the items and mods the game has to offer

duplicate thread

8ch.net/v/rules.html

Repost:
"News" on Plains of Eidolon
And here's what I think/hope this new expansion will be like: MonsterHunter
In monhun you don't have a single open map, but multiple large areas that you are free to explore, but don't connect seamlessly. My guess, and hope, is that PoE will be Earth's open map, and that instead of expanding it's size, we will get other open maps, maybe also on earth maybe on other planets. I'm cool with open world being done like this, instead of focusing on having a single empty huge map.

I dunno man, that cancer killed Tera and Dragon's Dogma for me. It's not much different from what we already have now.
I prefer seamless open worlds.

Great, so their going to come in 3 varieties:
No thanks

I heard they buffed/reworked Oberon or something to make him less shit, any news on what changed?

Does anyone know exactly when this new update comes out? Or at least an estimate?

This game can run on my toaster due to some kind of black magic it has and I am willing to give it a try again with Holla Forums once the new update comes out.

devs said sometime between now and december, but sooner rather than later.

There are no things like early/mid/late game in warframe.

How anyone lasted past fucking space babies is a mystery for the ages as far as I'm concerned.
Even fucking Payday Jew managed to make up enough for me to install it again.

In grindframe it's more like "three pieces that drop immediately and you'll have 100+ copies of, and the final piece that takes 272 hours of dedicated grinding to drop once"

I liked space kids, it was literally the best possible reveal of all speculated. My only problem is that they are butt ugly, but it's not like I can't put a mask on.
Deal with it motherfucker.

The worst part, as is usually the case with DE, is how fucking stupid it ended up being in gameplay
An unfun grindy RPG skill tree system all to give you the ability to summon your operator into the field like a retarded reverse jojo, to use big obnoxious anime powers that go against everything that should make the game enjoyable

You know what would have been better?
KEEPING THE MYSTERY A MYSTERY
Seriously, the entire fucking allure of the tenno was the mystery, and by answering the question of "what guides the warframes on their missions?", they killed an important part of that mystery.

Naramon is great what are you even talking about. Others being completely useless is the problem.

What are you twelve? It's a 18+ rated game kiddo, gtfo.
Allure of warframe is to look bad ass and to kick ass.

The skill being potentially OP doesn't make it good
This is what grinding games do to people, they make you mistake added efficiency for quality

What is quality then?

Oh wait a fucking second, are you one of those fuckers who were saying that removing draco is good? Ima stab you piece of shit.

And DE continues their tradition of slapping in whatever gimmick they think people want without regard to how it integrates with the rest of the game they've already produced.

Things that make the game suck less, not more

Consider playing another game then.

What rest of the game? There was no consistency from day 1.

That's the problem though
Tons of people do
They have to keep adding new shit and one-upping themselves with every update exactly because this is such a big problem, and it's not sustainable
The game gets progressively worse every update because they keep adding exciting new shit to bring players back and then immediately throw it out the window to focus on the next big thing they need to bring players back
If you don't think this is a problem you're fucking retarded

Warframe isn't a perfect game, of course there's criticism to be made. But goddamn does/v/ bitches about it like a whinny baby.

Maybe people won't shit on it if it had actual fucking stuffs to do.

Lol. There is content. Why you mad?

Not even cuckchan defend this.

How about we define - what is content here.
Otherwise we are throwing around buzzwords.

Every time

Holla Forums is huge fucking tsundere.
You'd think after pic related no one here will even touch it, but nope.

Which stance is that?
I wanna make my nezha do that

Warbros deserved everything they got tbh.

it's a emote. Tempo whatever.

I agree, warbros were malicious faggots.

You gon back that up, Steve?

Pendulum narta. Emote you equip on your arsenal.

What the fuck? This game is by no means perfect, and maybe not even good, and DE can go fuck themselves. Did I land in bizarro Holla Forums?

It's still a massive grind feat with an incompetent dev team behind it.

Just like the reworked earth?
It runs like dogshit compared to the rest of the game by the way.

I was merely jesting.

(checking those)
Earth has the same performance for me after the rework as it did before.

It's just a large zone. Not open world.

That's what open worlds are, user

Warframe is just a sunk investment type scam.
When you start, you think that it might be fun once you get to the higher level content.

But no, raids are broken and all you end up doing is grinding against the same retarded AI and enemies forever.

I even wrote a post about the many problems of the game and their community management, but all they ended up doing is flipping their shit, randomly deleting posts and locking the thread.

you just described every mmo ever of course they would delete your posts out of existence

Tennocon pannels are up. The only one I bothered to watch was the Developer Art. Some cool weapons and never seen before Keith Thompson's art, a favorite of mine.

Also Ballas (orokin executor present in a lot of the lore, who conspired to the creation of the warframes) looks creepy as fuck. Like a greek statue with one elongated arm.

Reminder that it took them FIVE YEARS to separate coloring of scarves from armor.
FIVE YEARS.
Art my ass.

When?

What's the matter with this? Looks abundantly stupid and pointless.

Meh. Kinda had me wanting a shipcrew simulator now. Maybe some peopke stay in the ship steering it and attacking other enemy ships, sporadically fighting invaders, while archwing crew provides support and tries to stop intruders.

But that makes no sense, Warframes are the result of that virus from Dark Sector turning Tenno into the first Excalibro, how can someone create something that's already been created?

Dark Sector isn't cannon, user. It was something left in the air very very early in the game's life, but I guess when they decided on what would become of warframe's lore they made it clear that both proto-excalibur and nemesis-nyx skins are meta to the game.
Meaning there is still space for proper deluxe skins for those two.

Well that's fucking stupid, it's not like the writers had to dance around that game to avoid plot holes.

Can anyone tell me what ep this is from. and any other ones with lewd fanarts

How's summer school going Timmy?

how does one do this? i have every frame, extinct parts and things, all weapons, . plat. etc…

how much does shit like that go for?

Warbump

Just reinstalled, what's the newest warframe like? i still want to get Atlas but to be honest fuck grinding archwing to be able to grind a boss to grind materials for warframe to grind with.

user…

I want reddit to leave.

You are in fact on reddit already.

Where have I heard this before?

I've never heard counter-argument though.
I mean I'm not protecting warframe, if you think it's shit - just don't eat it, but why are you complaining about free shit anyway?

It's called "holding something to a standard the developers want you to hold it to"

If the game's developers themselves want all criticism shrugged off because "Its free stop conplaining!" Then they themselves are holding their product to a lower standard. Criticism is not a bad thing regardless of what SJWs raised in Special Snowflake hugbox culture have you believe

That what about "don't like it don't play it"?

Lmao
Looks like some jukebox space priest.

That's fine, and people will stop playing it, because it's shit. Never let fanboys design your products because without criticism there will never be room ro improve. Consumers and Producers need to have this healthy relationship or the product fails. Producers need to accept criticism for their products and for fucks sake fanboys need to stop defending people who frankly do not deserve defending. Conversely you can admit something is bad while still enjoying it. Because again, criticism is not a bad thing

That's exactly what he is.

it didn't need to have a "reveal". There nothing was being set up as a mystery, there was never any hints misinformation saying that Tenno were anything other than (presumably) adult humans who wear warframes as suits. It was even stated in developer interviews that they warframes are suits. People who thought they were individual characters or force ghosts were just misinformed and could easily be disproven.

Warframes still can, and probably do have adult human bodies inside of them.
It doesn't contradict being controlled from outside. It only makes it edgier, which is a good thing.

for literally what reason do you have to belive that it is probable that warframes have human bodies inside them. Furthermore, that is different from what I said, so I don't see why you mentioned it. If they are constructed from dead bodies or some kind of vegetable, which is what I assume you're saying, then they still aren't suits.

Are you taking word "suit" literally here? Why would you?
Either way they still are "armor" or "suit" of sorts that externally complement physically inept children. Or you can say they are armors for tenno's souls/minds, since when you're in the frame, you're not in the kid's body.
Shit works no matter how you look at it.

I dunno, maybe because you fucking said there are bodies in them, like a suit? Even fucking mobile suits have a fucking body inside controlling it you dumb shit.

I'm using "suit" literally because that's how it was used prior to second dream and there was literally no reason to think otherwise.

You could have just pointed out that bleed effects still work on warframes there, satan.

Also that model you posted in the pic has been patched out, so if you're using it as part if your argument stop. I know I had to

There was a bunch of lore prior that, I think in mag's or nova's articles heavily implying that frames were controlled by children.

Whatevs, they might be suits for those host bodies, or they might be "suits" for tenno spirit. Or both, still werks.

Was it? I kinda don't want to reinstall 20+ gigs games I'm done with just to check it.
Can somebody post screens?

That doesn't matter, regardless of how they were controlled it was always clear that they were made from biological materials. They were supposed to be biosuits, I guess now they're biopuppets(?).

Honestly I don't know if it's been patched out literally, but the glass on the cryopods has been made opaque and most references to "tenno cryopods" have been removed from the game. The defence point is now a generic uncontextualized space-object. I wouldn't put it past DE to do something stupid like not actually taking the model out, though.

I don't know what you're taking about with Mag and Nova, because I just reread both their and their proved version's codex entries, and I don't see what you're taking about. I think you're thinking of Ember Prime's codex entry, which I know about, which leads to my next point:

I know about the kids, what i'm saying is that there was supposed to be a significant gap of time between the accident and the Tenno collectively fucking off, and there was no reason to assume that they didn't age.

I guess having children "piloting" corpses is too edgy even for warframe.
I still dunno why some autists sperg out so much about it.
This solution explains pretty much everything - from one tenno having different frames, to that crazy doctor not being able to figure it out despite dissecting them.
I think I remember some jewtuber said that only people mad about tenno being kids are actual kids, that shouldn't be playing 18+ game to being with, who got a nerve stricken.

Oh right ember, I don't keep any female frames after getting 30 level, so they all are kinda mixed up for me.
Kids not aging due to void magic was mentioned something too I think, but most likely after the quest release so it doesn't matter. It makes sense, since that one crazy key general also doesn't die in the void even if you kill him.

Here's why I don't like it in a manner that isn't an argument and is hopefully concise
>it feels like it was shoehorned in to mange the setting more yooniqu

Yes, a frame around their spirits.
Didn't you read/watch ghost in the shell?

But it wasn't?

Yes exactly. Also in Mag P's codex entry, the narrator talks about seeing "a Tenno in their Warframe".

Everything up to that said literal suits, up to and including developers.

Now you're just making shit up to suit your vision of the lore, that's fine and all, but I'm still going to call you a faggot.

So mentally different
Does not say physically around them - can be interpreted as in "around their twisted mind"
The frames may have been cast from "steel"

There is no reason to assume that "them" means "their spirits" unless you already have the answer and are looking backwards for justification.

See

You can be physically twisted too, look at the infested.

I need a source on devs or in-game anything taking those eloquent borderline poetically lines literally.
When you refer to "somebody", you refer to their persona, no their flesh.

Nigger.

Are you guys trolling me or actual are children who can only understand things at face values?
There are no contradictions.
Frames are still suits of armor [made of infested flesh and maybe or maybe not humans] build around tenno ['s spiritual powers/personae] to make a powerful and actually undying warrior gods.
*You can also attach steel armor in cosmetic menu, so if you want "clad in steel" literally, you can have it.*

Same thing back at you "them" may not mean physically - again many interpretations.
I know it's annoying.

But all in all - it's just flavor text, so are quests too - for flavor, to supposedly capture the players attention and maybe spend their shekels on the game.

Here you mongrel, the first minute of the third video on DE's official youtube channel.

You're being a real royal nigger about this.

Even assuming what you're saying is true, there's still the problem of the space babies not adding anything to the game beyond another thing to grind, as if sorties, daily awards, mastery, formas, potatoes, void keys, prime/detron/brakk/frame parts, invasions and alerts weren't enough, on top of just not being engaging characters because you already had 2 fucking Mission Control characters in the form of Lotus and Ordis.

That still doesn't quite point toward the space babies, since the entire second dream questline was your space baby being totally fucking clueless and innocent and shit instead of FUCKING PISSED like any "Warrior-God cast in steel and fury" (emphasis mine)

The point is you would never have thought it meant that until you already know about space kiddies, so it still points to literal frames, even if it doesn't necessarily directly contradict space kiddies.

Also, some more choice vocabulary I missed in this post:
The space baby I saw in the questline only looked as afflicted as a grounded 12-year-old.

Definition of conduit
1 : a natural or artificial channel through which something (such as a fluid) is conveyed a conduit for rainwater
2 archaic : fountain
3 : a pipe, tube, or tile for protecting electric wires or cables
4 : a means of transmitting or distributing -
a conduit for illicit payments a conduit of information

Definition of affliction
1 : a cause of persistent pain or distress a mysterious affliction
2 : great suffering felt empathy with their affliction
3 : the state of being afflicted by something that causes suffering her affliction with polio

Ergo - literally suits to contain the tennos edge via "telepathy"

How does that provide evidence either way? Long before space babies was conceived it was established that tenno had magic powers that were harnessed through warframes, the only thing that changed was where the user was relative to them.

How does one get "kids playing video games in the moon" from "twisted few survivors of a hellspace where science and reason fail, given a frame to direct their rage at the BBEG"?

Dunno if devs had current lore in mind from the beginning, but codex entries prior to the second dream can be read as metaphors.
Only thing that bugs me are mirage and limbo lore. But my headcanon is that at some point warframes were prototyped and had a "original" version.
OR (just thought of this! hear me out! )
With umbra coming we might have some light on this. What if the speech on the Sacrifice Teaser was aimed at a warframe?
This explains the stalker being loyal to orokin. He was never given a tenno, either refused and ran away or was part of a group of frames kept intact for security reasons. Frames were asked to give up their lifes for the tenno.
My guess is that the umbra quest will involve waking a frame without linking to it with transference. You still play with them but it's not your operator on the wheel. The tradeoff will be increased stats but no focus powers.

sauce, by who?

Or is this one of those dogmas you just don't want to give up?
Personally i'm no fan of space potatoes, but they don't bother me in any way.

P.S. Zenurik ftw

Okay, here's the thing, the source for that was event specific dialogue from captain Vor, where he says something along the lines "I see, so your warframes act as channels for your Tenno power". It significantly predated TSD, but it was a event and I don't remember which one so I can't show it to you. Which is the problem with events in general.

As established in Rhino P's codex, you're right about warframes predating Tenno. However they unfortunately went into murderous rages instead of having cool adventures. (This is of course contradicted by TSD and TWW where a warframe without it's master falls over like a husk, so it isn't canon anymore)
The point being that Limbo and Valkyr's anything never have and never will make any sense. It's almost like they were written by a different team entirely. Our there was one writer at de who was super salty that they weren't period do he just did it anyway.

Make up your mind.

You should propably kill yourself.

Meant for

I think you're turned around friend, I'm the guy who doesn't like space lolis, you're looking for the guy with ID:e6cd2e

Holy shit, you have no idea how sentences are built.
Go read classical literature.

It doesn't contradict anything actually.
Rhino prime's entry can refer to the betrayal war. If not, it can be a hint that the infestation once had the power to take control of warframes (maybe that was a reason to give control to the tenno).

Alright I'm done with you, this is the deal breaker, your argument now hinges on the idea that it should be obvious from a comma and no real context which half of one sentence is a metaphore and which is literal.

Also, in poetic language a literal first clause and metaphorical second clause is more common than the other way around, so you're still wrong.

It is obvious. Should be obvious. Will be obvious.

pic related how i imagine you right now

I uninstalled it year ago, nice to see it's still shit.

They didn't add market did they - you got to spam chat like a retard.
They didn't add matchmaking did they - you got to spam chat like a retard.
Well you're real retard if you play this so I guess it's alright.

ITT: people get mad taht their headcanon wasn't the one the devs went with.
Space kids don't bother me, because at least they are kids in appearance, but are actually old and have a culture of it's own.
it's the ugliness that gets me! give me a full fledged character creation DE!

You like the space kids? Really?
I preferred it when everyone thought they were energy beings bound by some kind of advanced technology in the suits.

Because it sure as shit made more sense.

Baro Clit-ear is in, be a good goyim and buy an emote to become an Honorary Chosen

From the thumbnail I thought excalibur was making that pose with his hands on his face.
That fucking meme pose that I neither have a pic on my pc nor can find on fucking google.

this pose?

Hating DE because of villainous anti-consumer behaviour is one thing, but hating one of the few cool things about shitframe simply because of spite and/or autism is pants on head retarded.
Second dream is probable the first good thing happened to this shitpile since the release.
Also yeah Rhino Prime's codex established that wild frames can be controlled by "them" stored in "morgue" long fucking time ago.

I dunno how these hacks managed this, it's god tier.

yep

They were never energy beings there was literally no reason ever to believe that. Space kids was a more rational conclusion than energy beings based on what was available before TSD.

Huh, when I get my computer running I guess I'll disinter my account. Last I played the stun rod had just been implemented. Glad I was there at the clan dojo for that.

It wasn't a head canon, suits was confirmed by DE dice the very beginning. TSD was a retcon. Also, they wouldn't be ugly if they weren't children, because DE is still better at making adult models despite their strange recurring obsession with children.

Even though I don't lime space kiddies, I also have an entirely separate issue with transference itself. It creates so many inconsistencies, and the premise that the Tenno didn't know about it requires so much suspension of disbelief.

Not particularly. This is some Ghost in the Shell level transhumanism. Stranger concepts have been explored, centuries of memory exclude constant remembrance, stasis makes for a good excuse to obscure one's origin.
For instance, it was well and known to some ancient societies that the bulk of one's thinking was done in the lower organs as the pancreas, or that inside every man's heart was a true fire. Should one be deposessed of observing their 'inner' self and given a long time of it then it is no small jump to say they'd forget.
Irrelevance breeda ignorance.

I'm not even talking about the concept itself, in a different place with a different execution I'm sure it could be interesting. The problem here is that it got retrofitted into somewhere it was never planned to be, so it doesn't name much sense.

Can defenders of the space babies explain some things to me? What was the point of the story in the Hidden Messages which was quite obviously about the original Mirage sacrificing her life? How does some random Valkyr being subjected to Alad V's experiments effect the appearance and abilities of all Valkyrs? Why did they forget about space babies for one update and give the original Titania her own mind?

niggawhat? the tenno are amnesiac, they can't even remember fully what went down on Zariman ten0. We don't know when they lost their memories, maybe it was during the transference project (maybe it was intentional as a form of control by the orokin) or maybe it was because of the long sleep after the old war.

My own headcanon for this is:
"original warframes" are, as the name implies, a first of their own kind. It makes sense that for some time there was a single mirrage (before mass production started). Also, I don't remember the original titania having a mind of her own. Might have been the tenno controlling her at the time.
If not, proposed something interesting. Warframes probably were sentient all along, having given up on it by orokin command in order to serve the tenno. Umbra frames might shed some light on that if user is right.

If we're gonna have some more autism lets do some speculation. What is the significance of the helminth? I know it maintains the warframes, but is it infested or some other being? Are all the warframes just infested flesh inside a metal container? Is this why they are immune to infestation? If so why could Alad v control mesa with it? Why does the helminth say it's dying? Did the orikin make the infested and if so why did they think making a bioweapon to fight their own previous bioweapon was a good idea?

Warframes and infested seem to be made of the same stuff, or at least of the same tech, given the worm quenn calls your warframe an infested puppet.
They are not exactly the same, though. I think at some point the lore explicity says that warframes and infected fought during orokin times. So maybe one came before the other (warframes created to fight infested? infested being a failed upgrade to warframes?).
So the helminth chair probably was some maintenance tool for warframes. Maybe it was coopted during the uprising, used by the tenno to remove some failsafe on the warframes (that would go in line with the helminth cist being able to spread through frames, being a good tool to help free other frames for the uprising).

I just got frost prime. My second warframe. He seems absolutely pathetic compared to my starting excalibur. What's the appeal?

Is 1 and 2 are pretty shit. Snow globe is one of the strongest defensive abilities in the game, and his 4 is good cc and damage. Also his augments are pretty helpful too, I run icy avalanche on mine.

No they did not remove guys in the pods.

You can(should) use warframe.market, but no, there's not one ingame.
There is matchmaking for most things, though not for raids or derelict missions.

Most frames have a specific role they're good at, making them really good for a few specific mission types, and not much else. If built right, you can get a massive snowglobe for defense, and have the cost of his 4 down to 25 energy

They did stop referring to the bodies inside cryo as Tenno, I guess they're now just implied to be normal people, similar to the people in rescue missions.

Also if clan is still alive please add Altagraive, I'm fucking around trying to figure this new relic system out.

Yeah building Frost for efficiency/damage with a bit of range will allow you to wipe out rooms a lot faster than with excal by just spamming 4.
Having energy drain and zenurik makes it even more trivial.
AND his globe is easy mode for defense anything.
That's the appeal.
Also his deluxe skin is god tier, I avoided using Frost because he's butt ugly, but now with that skin I might use him more. If I buy the skin that is.

Because you just got him. Nothing you just got is as good as something that's built.

Here's the skin in question

Why is this even a thing?

The guys in the pods are reused as the NPCs in the relays, not sure if they're Tenno.

To get you to join clans

We know they aren't, the operators are tenno and look nothing like the cryopod guys.

The last clan I was in with warbros, then I quit for awhile and come back and apparently they died do to DE targeting them, maybe after the next update someone can make an infinity clan.

Make a clan for yourself. The cost of research isn't even that hard for one person to do alone.

There is an 8v clan, or you could just do as says. Mind you the 8v clan has occasional purges of inactive members.

So when's the update due?

No set date yet, but between now and december, and sooner rather than later.

Soon (tm)

Who do I pm for an invite?

post ID and one of us will inv

*Warbros number one.*

I am a former Warbro that got kicked because of inactivity, returning to check out what is new since i left ages ago.
I would greatly appreciate getting a clan invite.

IGN: Icezeppo

Daily reminder that DE could have gone with stuff like pic related rather than >actual children.

You'd be better off messaging someone ingame, or through Steam.

I rather the children than suits. At least the frames are still their own thing, the children are basically batteries.

You are mistaken

Do you identify as a batterysexual, user?

I am not trying to rejoin Warbros, i would rather just have happy memories of what it was than to live through what it is now, i am trying to join the 8ch clan.
and as said, post in this thread, get an invite.

I mean the frames are their own entity, and have some modicum of sentience, they save you from stalker without transference. The children give them void energy and pilot them. they are basically EVAs. and I find them more fuckable this way

Are you talking about the boss battle in TSD where you are on the warframe's shoulder? The entire point of that was that your character has become so accerpt with using transference that they no longer need the machine to use it, you ate still controlling the warframe from it's shoulder.
In TWW you see what happens to a warframe when it actually has no Tenno inside controlling it: it crumples over and does nothing.

Aah, I misunderstood.
As an aside, if you enjoyed playing with the people more than the game itself, there's always the Steam group.

Your perversion sickens me, tell me more.

No, at the end of TSD after stalker has impaled your frame and is choking your tenno out, the frame grabs War and breaks out seemingly of its own volition.

I just find the frames a lot hotter as organic robot things being controlled rather than some fags running around in power armor.

No shit, holmes.
But not for when you actually need other players.

What? I play almost exclusively with randos and rarely had a problem. Aside from relic farming you can do fine just fine.

He's referring to raids and shit. You have to use recruiting chat and if no one wants to raid and you do then you have to eat shit.

I even forgot about raids. Yeah have to agree on that.

What are raids again

I believe the game calls them "trials". They are the 8-player missions like Law of Retribution and Jordas Verdict. They are where you get arcanes.

If matchmaking for raids isn't coming, at least DE should allow us to do them with less than 4 players

Or, you, the Tenno did it, with the transference powers that the entire quest is siren spent establishing.

wait, and what are arcanes

We can't control the suits when we're not jacked into them. Only in that one single scene does the suit do anything seemingly on its own. Really it's that other you that calls you "kiddo" that did it. Still, not your character's doing.

No, Rell did not save you from the Stalker before he knew you existed, and you're right, that is literally the only time a warframe ever acts on it's, unless of course the Tenno did it, using his amazing transference powers, that the entire quest is there for the purpose establishing and showing off.
And either way, TWW says you're wrong and it's more recent than TSD, also, you've already said that your entire reason for holding these beliefs is that they're your fetish, so there's no point in arguing with you because you aren't concerned with what's real.

Not saying he's right ::he's not:: but he's referring to the 2spoopy copy of your Operator that shows up and says "Hey Kiddo" after you finish the quest, and not Rell.

::Which also brings up the question of what the fuck that thing was::

And I fucked up spoilers like a dumbass, been too long since I used theme

I know. I am pretty sure that thing IS rell, and that's his edgy way ofto saying goodbye, because he's a red veil edgelord like me so he had to do it in a creepy way.

Who the fuck is in charge of PR at that shithole? All you need to do is say "we're working on it".
By the way, is this game worth playing at all?

Rell literally confirmed for autistic child

It, back when I played on my toaster, was certainly fun. The acrobatics and gun play were satisfying, and the powers making big numbers in odd combos was a good kind of scratch for an itch I didn't know I had.
Apparently they improved movement and overhauled damn near all else since then.

It's certianly worth a play, being free and all.

g2b poorframes

Is that shopped or you can actually decorate your shit like that?

You can but you need the ordis fragments for the pics themselves

It's the same manifestation that we saw at the end of the Queens story. And you're gonna say it's Rell?

Arcanes are items that can add buffs to comsetics. For example, I have 3 arcane graces on my syandana, so any warframe wearing it gets a 4% chance when hit to regen 3% health for 3 seconds. There are many different arcanes each with their own activation mechanism and effect.

Beautiful.

1. Pretty sure the kiddo guy isn't rell
2. The tenno do have some amazing transference powers, but you are being choked to death, and far from your frame, doesn't seem to me like the tenno did it. Also we know for a fact that the warframes are partly biological, so who's to say they can't act of their own volition in times of need.
3. I also just think that it's cooler than being meat puppets and still makes sense in the lore, you leave my dick out of this.

Yea that's basically point of the entire quest. Also Margulies hated aspies a lot.

I never saw it then, or completely forgot about it. Do you have a video of that?

pretty much

The War Within
I know, you've made it abundantly clear. But that isn't an argument.

How about you look it up yourself and stop being a massive fucking summerfaggot?

What's the new draco anyway?
I want to forma my tigris but getting it to 30 normally in the first place took me several days, what the fuck.

Pls respond.

It's an alegory for the player controlling an avatar in-game. You are the Tenno-kid when you play the game, it's a stand-in for you. The brat is literally just playing videogames with a Warframe.

Also, did no one seriously play Dark Sector?
If there's some continuity between both games (and I recall some rumours surrounding that), then Warframes are "crafted" by individuals being infected and slowly having their body and mind mutated into a Frame.
It just might be that every single Warframe has someone living inside but his mind is far gone now.

In Dark Sector as well there was a sort of Hivemind controlling most of the infested and with a link to the main character. It just might be that there's a way to harness that link and remotely control infected individuals when they lose their own will.

AND CONSIDERING THE ENTIRE FACTION OF BUGS THAT'S A FUCKING GIVEN

That's exactly why autistic manchildren felt offended and flipped their shit over it, while most norm sensible people loved the reveal.

I did. What a piece of shit that game is. Playing it AFTER playing WF didn't help.

DE was dancing around it for a while at first, but officially stated that Dark Sector is not canon for Warframe a few years ago.

One that wasn't needed and poorly executed. Not everyone identifies with a butt-ugly child that has circuits all over its dumb face. You could've just referred to the player as the operator without introducing another character.
Additionally, part of the reason why the Tenno faction was interesting is because they were mysterious. You know, the whole ninja thing they were going for.

There you go.

The only people that "loved the reveal" were the suckers who have been stuck in the skinnerbox that is Warframe for years. Lern 2 storytell, faggot.

You sound like an actual 12 year old.

Not an argument.

You didn't bring up any to begin with.

Cute.

Do you even realize how much you're proving the "kids got buttblasted by mirror" notion?

I still don't see how "u mad" is a good argument against my first post.

Not to sound needy or anything but clan invite please?

I disagree. The play with "Tenno" and "10-O" is funny.
The idea of kids being accidentally exposed to the Void and becoming incredibly dangerous is a bit cliche, as would be weaponizing them.

However, doing so through living armor pieces is quite original and made for an interesting twist with a fragile glass-cannon character that interacts with the world by means of sentient living powerarmor.

Stalker got some more story time and it seems we haven't seen everything yet, considering his motives (or operator) are still unknown, Margot had a neat story about trying to protect the kids and now having to help them fend for themselves as well as play a role in the galaxy.

It's essentially a power fantasy done right, there's still plenty of mysteries around like what that liquid in the scepter was all about, how did your warframe move on it's own if it's just a pupper, who controls the Stalker, etc.
Just because there's some explanations for a few things it ain't the end of the world, especially considering you can turn off Tennokids in the options and never use their power or even cover their faces if you want.

Not defending the use of potato kids, but what you're suggesting here will lock you out of getting certain weapons and even building Harrow, as you need the little fucks to collect Kuva.

You're wasting your time.

Hieracon, Pluto?

I find a lot of activity there because it it is an endless excavation mission, but you will need a beefy warframe to survive the deluge of enemies.

But if you succed you get a lot of xp fast.

M8, I have provided evidence to the contrary in TSD and other things like the existence of the helminth and stalker. You can choose to believe that everything was done by the Tenno, and I'll believe that the frames can sometimes act on their own.

Tell me I'm wrong.

As long as you're only playing cinematic quests and reqs for them you'll get exactly what you expected.
Nobody forces you to grind.

Git gud, casual faggots.

That stupid over used allegory is not a good reason to retcon the entire premise of a game and insert annoying ugly kids
There is absolutely no crossover between warframe and dark sector except for references. I.e. dark sector is as canon to warframe as Warhammer Fantasy is to 40k.

Warframes were always living power armor.

Hydron, Sedna is probably the best place to level gear, best exp for a defense mission, as well as not having nullifiers or ancients. If you're really lucky, you'll get a Resonating Quake Banshee that will wipe waves as they spawn, leveling you with no effort on your part.

How old are you?

You know not end game son. though there really isn't one

You might want to brush off on your lore then because those are cannon and happen in the same world. Eldar are pretty much Space Elves since they descend from them.

Considering you only grind if you feel like it and you can pretty much do every single piece of content with a single frame and set of weapons, things you're given right at the start of the game, yes you are wrong.

The fun of the game comes indeed out of being spess ninjas, going around fast and killing hordes of shit. The grind only gives it some context and a decent excuse to go there instead of here or kill this instead of that.

You know what's even more autistic, though? Picking up a template image and use the first google-searched images you can find to mock a game you don't even like in a thread filled with people that won't agree with you.
Just how often do you do this and how often have you gotten the same results? You're essentially grinding for replies at this point. :^)

OH my LORD

bullshit, whf is not canon to 40k. fucking provide a source because there are irreconcileable difference between the background of 40k and whf

Nothing was retconned at any point.

They share the warp, but that's not saying much. Belakor is heavily implied to be one and the same in both, but he is the only named character confirmed as such.
Funnily, if you look to his name backwards and his description as the first daemon prince given the blessing of ascension from all the chaos gods it is also implied he is the last vestige of Malal. Outside of the Sons of Malice and dreadaxe that is. His actions are always calculated, and usually get 'fumbled' to the benefit of the Imperium.

I personally don't use any specific missions anymore. It's a lot better to do endless relic missions, since after the first rotation you get an affinity bonus. 2 rounds of 20waves/minutes usually bring any weapon to lvl 30, provided it isn't a lith mission, plus you get a resource booster and prime parts from relics. Even back when draco was useable I hated doing it.

I wont because I made that image

There's also The Old Ones that do the same in both: fight against something Really Bad, lose, create several races to give them a hand, win but also lose, leave and never be seen again.

Although after a quick search, it seems the answer isn't so simple.
In the beginning it was said Warhammer Fantasy happenned in a planet somewhere in the same universe as 40K, then it was happening in the Eye of Terror and after 3rd edition it's not happening there at all.
It's all multiverse now, with both worlds being separate universes that sometimes crossover.

I get the feeling you're trying to reference something but I can't quite get it.

Know your meme may be cringey, but it explains the joke.

user, I'm sorry.

Was making something like excal and valkyr have too hard DE?

Also got my first riven mod.
Are they all supposed to be this shit, or I just got extremely unlucky?

Torid actually needs the flight speed and status chance, but that lack of multishot is a deal breaker. Chalk that up to bad RNG. Hopefully a reroll isn't worse.

That legitimately looks cooler but it did not make sense if someone was actually in the suit to go from a male body to
a female body, vice versa. I didn't like the idea of space kids either though.

Bump.
It might have no substance, but the style makes really strong first impression. It's easy to understand why it's so popular and keep drawing in new people, despite how bad it might actually be when the novelty wears off.
What puzzles me is that there are people with THOUSANDS of hours of play time in WF on steam. How is that even possible?

I'd guess a mix of sitting online to be able to sell things via warframe.market, getting sucked into the grind to get literally everything and max it all, and grind to get/improve rivens to make damage numbers go higher and higher than they'll ever be needed. To add to the rivens part, if someone just wants to outright buy a perfect riven from someone, that's possibly thousands of plat, and some may just want to farm prime parts and other rare items and sell it via market to get the plat, instead of pay real money, and that could take a very long time. I've seen some rivens get a listed price of 15k plat, and I doubt many people will pay the real money to get that much plat.

Aren't riven mods a recent update? The one I got from quest isn't even for any of the weapons I have.
People were having 3~6k play hours even before that I think.
I get the collectathon part, but the existence of founder-only items instantly stopped all urges to get everything forever. If I can't have everything, why have something I don't want at all?
Some people can overlook this probably, but not me and my autism.

Grinding can be a fun, low stress, meditative experience for some people.

Literal worn suits were confirmed canon by the devs from the very beginning, so goibg back and saying that they're remote controlled is a retcon

Warframe is all about stress.
The whole "you lose EVERYTHING on mission fail" turns meditative experience into red peppered dragon dildo simulator.
PSO2 is a relaxing grinder, any given Musou is a relaxing grinder, Sacred 2 is a relaxing grinder.
Warframe is anything but relaxing grinder.

If you're grinding and stress about rare items you aren't getting then you're doing it wrong. You gotta enjoy the moment. Make silly little goals for yourself. Stuff like that.

The infinite missions cycle their drop pool every 4 drops. This means that after 20 waves of defense, 20 minutes of survival, 4 waves of interception or 4x whatever other endless mission drop, there is no reason to keep going.

And if you can't faceroll your way through those first 4 drops, then you need to git gud.

Personally I've found defense, especially infested defense, very relaxing. Just mow down infested with a shotgun casually as the waves go by.

G O D C L E A V E R S

I only played this game for like 2 hours and got bored. That was back in 2014. Has anything changed since then?

The starter grind is still garbage, if you can get some pubs or maybe even friends to help it's better but still bad.
Once you get rolling it's not a bad loot game, but it definitely has shortcomings that other anons elaborated on better than I can.
I've been playing on and off since Update 14 back in 2014, and as far as what's changed is concerned, a lot of shit got reworked. Between total re-releases of tilesets, movement system overhaul, and general QoL improvements since then I would say it's miles better.
If you want to get back into it, the wiki is absolutely necessary, as is warframe.market.

Also forgot to mention, a lot of the starter pain comes from not knowing where to begin. Get a good solo frame that drops from a low-planet boss like Valkyr from Salad V on Jupiter, or Rhino from Jackal on Venus to begin with. It'll make things somewhat less uncomfortable.

No, stay away from it.
Its still the same endless grinding against retarded enemies that all feel the same.

Warframe is just a sunk investment trap, there is nothing good about it except the artstyle

the only thing wrong with the space children is that they're not cute lolis.

Grinding for primes is substancially easier with relics instead of keys.

does this count

WE

WUS SPACE CHILDREN AN SHIT

You got a lot more story, more frames and the melee system is it's own thing now, not just mash E to spin.
The grind is bearable for some things, still horrible for others.
It's fun now, at least if you can get an higher frame.

Follow this user and get Valkyr or Rhino.
Valkyr is shouting and killing erryday, really fun.
Rhino is stomping and killing erryday too.

Someone hasn't played in a while…

De really needs to fix enemies firing of projectiles at 120° away from where they're pointing.
Yesterday I bullet jumped past a tar moa after it was locked into it's animation, so it just shot the tar directly behind itself without turning.

I want to fuck hema.

For 5000 Mutagen samples, blood better not be the only thing it sucks

I played this year, if you pretend warframe is anything but spamming huge area of effect skills/weapons for most missions, or just rushing through them and only doing the objective then you're fooling yourself.

You literally do nothing else against every faction, if you want to min max you can choose different elements to do more damage against the faction you're playing against, but it doesn't ever fucking matter.
The AI is, and always has been braindead and the enemy types do not require any counterplay at all.

You always do the same shit, all the time.

Warframe literally is just a sunk investment trap because DE is retarded

Only to idiots that give them money.

sunk investment traps can get people that invest time into a game, not just money.

Again, that's on the players. Time sinks can be seen a mile away, usually when people first start messing with any sort of improvement system where time sinks are usually found. Nobody will pick a game up and sink 100 hours into it before realizing they've fallen into a trap.

Also what happened to infinity grind? Did everyone quit?

doesn't seem so, they're as active as the game warrants. which is playing every now and then.

anyone who wants to join can just post their in-game name ITT, I'll be on later to send invites. we have everything reasearched and have a few autists on to grind with.

Well I already did, but never go an invite.
I mean I know I got purged for inactivity, I don't have problem with it, but now I have to get back.

got it, I'll add you later. I think I remember that everyone else in the clan doesn't browse much anymore. I'll always be around though. that goes for every warframe thread posted here.

im not going to install this fucking piece of shit of a "game"
i jewed someone with a loki prime
i traded some syndicate weapons
that's it
that's all the "fun" of interaction you have in this game
everything is the same fucking shit, the same cookie cutter levels, its fucking shit, i hate it

It's fun.

no its fucking not

Can't log-on today, have to watch after a friend's house. soonest I can manage is tomorrow, sorry.

Very good thanks.

This one is even better, but not always available. Thanks too.

I legitimately wish this was an actual good game instead of being so heavily based on grind. It looks really good on the surface but being based on grind, it feels extremely limited,

This is blatant lie.
I wonder what's up with dedicated anti-wf posters?

It's either denial or stupidity. Probably both.

on a side note:
Damn Rhino's palatine skin looks cool, but casting iron skin covers him into a single collor, killing my fashion frame.

Call me when they remove prime's flesh tumors from rubedo skin.

As much as it fucks with fashion frame I much prefer the palatine effect over the base effect. I hear it looks different when Rhino Prime does it but I don't have one to test it with.

Wtf? I wasn't lying, last time I checked, and I went out of my way to check when TSD cane out, they were opaque. Was it just my computer?

I've been Barinstained

Did they downgrade the graphics or something? Game doesn't look as good as I remember it, even though all of my settings are maxed.
Or did it just "age"?

Void ones are indeed partially opaque, but you can still see bodies inside if you look close.
Also bodies themselves were redesigned at some point, but they never went anywhere.
I get that DE crossed a lot of people, but going out of your way and lie just to make them look even worse is bad sport.
You probably just picked it up somewhere since you hate DE too. Or mistook bodies redesign for removal.
Always check such things before repeating after someone, otherwise fanboys will use such mistakes against you.

did I do good /wfg/?

It can't move so I don't know.
I don't like statues, but I like action figures.
But as long as you're happy, who cares?

No you don't even understand I feel like I was hallucinating. I like the cryopods and was upset when I thought they were phased out. Also them being in the game supports my argument that DE retconned suits.
I have a vived picture of a weird opaque blueish glass texture put over the Windows so that you couldn't see what was inside. As recently as a few months ago, which is the last time I went out of my way to check. I've never seen anyone except me talk about either, so I don't think I could have gotten it somewhere.

Higher tier missions need far more crowd-control than actually damage, you're already wrong in this regard. Go do raids with a frame specced only for damage, see how long you last.

Corpus tends to abuse shields, which means area damage instead of focusing someone down isn't as effective as against Grineer. And they have several ospreys that you need to prioritize first since they spam mines and boost shields all around, something no other faction has.
Infested have poison out the ass and they constantly force you to move, flushing you out of cover while also trying to slow you down.
Grineer have some very high damage long range units you need to prioritize and some dangerous melee ones as well.
The Orokin have units that adapt to your damage type and force you to switch around, team-up or summon your tenno-kid.

All factions are different, different missions are passed in a different way and I honestly have no idea what you mean with "just rushing through them and only doing the objective". Enemies spawn infinitely, you can't just stand around and kill them while you move around unless you are farming and there are several types of mission that do force you to fight, like Excavation, Defense, Mobile Defense, Extraction, Elimination and a few others. The missions you can just zip around and get out while avoiding combat are actually the minority.

What an horrible thing! Wasting time on a videogame! Quick, everyone go out and warn the world that people are playing videogames instead of contributing to society at large!

pic related
Alternatively, you can find a lot of people in just about every thread that just pop in to talk about how they don't like the topic discussed there, no matter what it is.
It's probably newfags that actually believed the "Holla Forums hates videogames" and they just want to shittalk stuff, not actually discuss videogames.

What did you change about it?

What do you mean?

looks quite good honestly
is it articulated?

No it's a statue. paint quality is kinda poor though

It doesn't, not even slightly. People do their dailies to try and get their riven. Then they're done

Capture/Spy/Exterminate?
Rush through, kill only whatever you have to, get to exit.
Exterminate you might bring out a AoE weapon or a frame with AoE damage so you don't have to do this mindless shit for longer than 3 minutes.

Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival, Excavation?
Spam AoE, on higher difficulties or really long runs you might need an energy vampire Trinity and 3 random pieces of shit. But that isn't a problem since everyone has a ev Trin.

You're kidding yourself if you think you ever need to optimize or prioritize or be afraid of anything. Everything is weak to CC and you can just cc everything if you need to. It doesn't fucking matter ever.

I've been there, I've done the raids and nothing in this game requires any thought, counterplay or optimization because its developed by fucking idiots for a fanbase that eats up their shit that is a broken game with raids that still only barely if ever work, since they're too cheap to move from Peer 2 peer to actual servers.

If you think any of this isn't true, you're either in denial or you're an absolute fucking retard, you do nothing but mindless grinding and fucking everyone watches movies or series on the side while they grind away in this retarded hamsterwheel that is warframe.

He's not wrong. There's not really any meaningful endgame, and once you've reached that, all there is left is rivens, and grinding to feed rivens.

Have you ever considered that there is no such thing as endless game?
Maybe it's time to move on.

The early game is literally only just leveling, acquiring weapons and frames for endgame.

Then you realize there is no endgame and you do the exact same shit you did before in dailies to try and get a riven which you will never need for anything

No you don't do exact the same shit you stupid goose. You can't just tank level 100 mobs or cipher vaults, you should actually think what you're doing.
Also
Come on dude, you're even worsening your position.

Is someone gonna make a new thread or just let it die?