Video Game Adaptations

Aside from pics related, have have there been any video game adaptations that weren't shit?

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog only because Long John Baldry stole the show and made it great with his voice acting, not to mention the design philosophy behind Robotnik

1st MK movie

There was a crime noir novel adaptation of Super Mario Brothers that I wish I could find.

the Fatal Fury anime movies were decent

Obari's art is always good

Street Fighter Alpha, Darkstalker Animated Series, Fatal Fury, Dragon Quest, Valkyria Chronicles, King of Fighters, Gungrave, Persona 3, .hack, Sakura Wars, Rage of Bahamut, Variable Geo, Bayonetta Bloody Fate, Halo Legends, Resident Evil CGI movies.

That's just from the top of my head, there is actually plenty of decent vidya adaptations but most of them never got shilled outside of Japan for being too niche.

Is that how Alucard looks in the anime? What a piece of shit.
Not only there weren't clothes like that in Trevor's era, but his blond hair was supposedly a result from long ass slumber, as he returns to being brunette after that.

The Postal movie is pretty good to be quiet honest.

I really can't recall anything that isn't shit, that also hasn't been mentioned, aside from maybe SIN, webm not related.

The Tekken and Virtua Fighter animes are some of the fightan animes I haven't watched yet. Are they worth watching?

What? everything Dracula and by extension Alucard use is far more advanced than anything seen in most Castlevania human periods, their clothes have the aesthetics of Dracula's castle and they make perfect sense.

You are completely wrong, Alucard has always had a pale blonde hair because his mom was a qt aryan.

Genya Arikado is nothing more but a magical disguise, he drops the disguise during Dawn of Sorrow and returns to his original SotN look.

Dawn of Sorrow is not canon and is a hackjob.
Also
Top kek.
Sick formatting too.

Every single fight in Tekken lasts about three punches at most, then gets interrupted. It tries to tell three different stories at once, none of them coming together by the end. It's an infuriating mess.

They have their moments such as Kazuya ripping a dinosaur's mouth open and the Virtua Cop scene in the VF anime, but they're not very good. The Tekken animated move can't decide on what plot to tell and the VF anime is basically the Shenmue anime, at least the first story is. Tekken enjoys interrupting its fight sequences with exposition and story while VF lets them play out more often than not. Also VF is a 35 episode animated series rather than a movie.

It's canon you retarded piece of shit.
Fuck off back to >>>/cuckchan/ or whatever shithole you came from.

All shit and you know it.

Less an adaptation and more a tie-in.

I'll be honest, I've enjoy most of the Western adaptations that I've seen. The only ones I haven't like, however, are FF: The Spirits Within, ITNOTK, SH: Revelation, and Ratchet and Clank.

It would be more productive for the thread if you were to actually bring some arguments instead of vacuous one-liners.

Also i was talking .hack in general which has 9 or so animations that go from adaptation, tie-ins, direct sequels and even some completely original works.

Why? western "adaptations" have barely anything to do with the source at best and actively try to fuck with the original fanbase at worst.

The Akiba's Trip anime was fairly decent.

Steins;Gate anime was actually based on the Visual Novel, so technically that counts

Monkeys like you allowed jenami to ruin all their franchises. I hope you're glad.

Tekken was pretty bad

You disappoint me DOA was bad, but it's mst3k-watchable–bad.

Fucking this.
I had all but lost hope on anime over the past ten years or so, but then this comes out and makes me feel like I'm on an adventure in a way I hadn't since Slayers. I hate to admit it, but an anime series based on a mobile phone game ended up one of the best I've seen in a long time.

How did we go from these…

To these?

Because is just too easy to RP in a Minecraft server, is like writing a book based on sessions of DnD.

You let shitty game go too far. Also what said. Btw, all of the Blizzard-based books suck.

Autism, kikery, and the fact that gaming became "mainstream".

I wouldn't mind gaming being mainstream if people adapted and learned instead of developers dumbing down everything.

Then why, why the fuck are they all about the game? The majority of fantasy games, at least in the past, were literally just the developers' Dungeons and Dragons campaign translated to a video game format. Yet series that stemmed from these games aren't all Dungeons and Dragons games, are they? Surely the reverse could be done, right? But no, these fucking hacks have to make a constant stream of Minecraft books.

Who is this 'you'?
I never said any of them didn't. They weren't shat out like Indian children during an cholera outbreak though, they were cheesy bargain bin literature, sharing the same territory as cowboy-themed romance novels. You couldn't possibly fill a whole bookshelf with them. And they were fucking official too, which added just a small amount of quality control.

Has some of the best acting in any vidya adaptation in it
Shame it was shit

Because you have lots of background and lore for stuff like DnD, in Minecraft the only thing you have is gameplay (ironically), coupled with all those talentless writers, hell, TTG Minecraft Story Mode shows how even people who are paid to write stuff can't just take anything and turn it into a setting.

do doujins count?
that one of elena + alex was pretty gud