Optimization on PC

What are some of your best examples of poorly ported &/or poorly optimized PC games?

>CPU and GPU usage is never maxed out
WOW THIS IS SOME DAMN FINE OPTIMIZATION
To top it off, the game doesn't even look that good. For instance, the rain has no splash effect on anything. I recall someone saying that they had their "A Team" working on Mad Max for PC while it appears JC3 was relegated to a room full of monkeys hammering on keyboards. Maybe it's a curse in which anything "progressives" or "diversity" touch anymore winds up incompetently made. Glad I only pirated this.

As an aside, Mad Max was alright. A bit shallow mechanically, but had fantastic atmosphere & it ran pretty well. Contrary to claims that Mad Max has Bamham fighting mechanics there is no instantaneous action-cancelling.

Saints Row 2 is probably the worst "popular" one.

No thanks, I'd rather just shitpost and whine about a dip in quality that I, and others like me, are most likely the cause of.

DUBS!

Dude, PC is for indies and weird shit.

You basically payed hundreds of dollars to make up for companies not giving a shit about your platform. Who do you think told the people porting this trash to not make it run too well so that people would be forced to upgrade?
The exact people you bought your hardware from ya dummy.

You got swindled user

Satellite Reign
I'd kill for a decent modern Syndicate.

Saints Row 2 runs awfully on just about any hardware whilst looking like a dog's dinner.

The Witcher drops to 10FPS on even modern hardware in Act 5 because the engine quite literally cannot handle the number of enemies on screen.

Batman Arkham Knight gets the prize though for them not even being able to even release it in a state fit for consumption.

you're like another plane of retardation, you make down syndrome kids look smart.

Dark Souls 3
graphics options barely affect performance, heavily prefers windows 10 to 8

JC3 is the only game other than GTA 5 (with its memory leak) that manages to max out my 8GB of RAM.
Very rarely experienced any real sort of frame drops, though, so not sure what's going on there, and I 100%'d the game

On topic, this.
I know it's CoD but holy fuck, you needed a $3k to run this at anything above PS2 level graphics, christ

Fucking NuDoom.

Please don't tell me you fucks thought playing those shitty nongames was a good idea and that you actually paid for them.

You need twice that power m8

Forgive me master for having normalfag friends I cling on to
Also fuck you the jetpacks had potential

XCom 2 on PC

I gave 5$ to an Albanian acquaintance to nab a disc for me from a store he worked in.

Doom 2016 was pretty alright, but multiplayer and snapmap were terrible.

GTA4. I have no idea why but even today some systems struggle to run it.

Not really. The level design was shit, the game looked like shit where demons would blend into the background way too often, the guns felt like shit, the soundtrack was such godforsaken shit that E1M1 was unrecognizable, which should be classified as a crime against humanity.

niggers and jews ruining games again still. And dumb wiggers.

I sort of agree with you on the level design and the weapons. Its super annoying when you have to upgrade your weapons for them to be useful and though the levels finally opened up by the end the first few levels were deadful.

Just Cause 3 fried my GPU, be warned

Just Cause 3 does not support SLI so it only uses GPU1. The Witcher 3 on the other hand DOES use SLI so it will run maxed out at 4K at 60 fps & only drops to 59 or 58 fps so it's pretty solid.

Just Cause 3 drops to frame rates in the 40s & 30s even with the most powerful hardware available thrown at it for no reason other than poor coding.

If professional GPUs at work have taught to me anything, it's that drivers mean everything.

That's nice and all but what are some good games that make use of all that hardware?

Psst, you obviously havent seen the microsoft e3 presentation. Minecraft of course

Honey Select?

As one of them, I can say, it truly feels bad that I can fire up the PS3 version and get better performance.
I mean, what's the fucking point of having mods and all kinds of neat shit if they game runs like ass.

Also

Payday Fucking 2.
without slowdown.

Another fucking favorite game.
Plague Inc.

Good answer.

the witcher is a pretty good screenshot game

But… what's wrong with devil girls?

JUST

Ubisoft games

ITT: Shit that doesn't run on my toaster

It was optimized great, it was your shitty potato at fault.

Tell Todd to stop skimping out on the shills and go for the 2$ per post ones.

I never had any frame drops in Act 5. What are you talking about?

Where's her dick?

GTA IV port was a dogshit port.

What is it with Nips and tying things to the frame rate? It happened in DS2 and it happened again in Vanquish. Do Gooks think in 30 FPS?

NuDoom looks just as much like plastic action figures hitting each other as Doom 3 does.