Metroid 2 Remake

How likely do you think it is that Sakamoto will fuck up the story in this somehow?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_time_event
metroid-database.com/m1/manual.php
pastebin.com/raw/CyBuK0s2
my.mixtape.moe/owpfrf.zip
archive.is/zhmpy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Metroid is a transgender

Metroid is an illegal trans alien escaping from space trump

The babby

I like the new counter, fight me.

I'll just keep playing AMR2 just out of principle.

If they think an autist doing it for free can make a better remake than them, they don't deserve your money.

I have it installed, but I don't have the original installer. I'd share it otherwise

No. Instead I will laugh at you.

This.

I think it has potential to be a nice feature.

However I suspect it's so the modern gaming audience can actually beat the game- relying on counters heavily when certain monsters charge you so you never need to shoot or aim at them otherwise. They made it look like you can even bait a metroid into attacking you, swatting it away, then mashing away to shoot it's mouth in a cinematic.

Now if they modified the game so there's a limit in place (works on less than half the enemies, need to spend some form of energy, not used for bosses)- then I'm fine with it. But on past record I suspect Nintendo will keep the game the same (if not easier) and the counter is the anti-temper-tantrum button so anyone can beat it without relying on reaction times, pattern memorization, or skill.

Don't take me as being overly negative- It has potential to be total shit or interesting.

If the Zeta fight was any indication, Metroids will only do a counterable attack once in a blue moon, and the rest of the Zeta's attacks seem like they're very high damage and difficult to avoid.

I don't like this version of the varia suit. The visor is okay, but what's up with those exhaust pipes on her shoulders?

I think it will only ever be in this remade game because of how often metroids get up in your shit, and it isn't necessarily fun to be bopped over and over.

As long as they balance the damage you take so that it makes sense, I think the counter will be fine

Has a game company ever taken ideas from fan games for an official entry in their respective franchise?

Are you implying they are only making a metroid 2 remake because of AM2R?
Also you sega does that literally all the time

Yes, TV Tropes has an excellent section on "ascended fanon"

Yeah they took the idea from ASMR and remade Samus returns.

Well, yes!

Yeah, it happens all the time. Doesn't look like it happened this time though because it's missing all sorts of fun things like a morph ball button

leave

Not that I know of, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I can see it happening with certain PC games and their modding scene (but that's less stealing and more "Everyone likes the mod so much, lets make it official".

You've also got Sonic Mania being made by fans, and that Friday the 13th game that was originally another serial killer game, which was then shut-down by Warner Bros- but the same devs were then hired to make the game with a Ft13th skin.

From the console front, I think it's less likely for them to steal due to them being less involved with their audience. I.e. they aim so far and wide, they don't care (just buy our shit). Sure a dev can look up a thread, but if the producer or head-dev thinks it's too "risky"- it won't make it in. Why pay someone for innovation that might work, when you can pay someone the same amount for extra advertising that (the pie chart says) totaly works!

They probably had it in the works at the same time.
Fearing people would be burnt out after AMR2 and not buying their game- they shitcanned it.

Rather than putting it back into development for a while, and learning from the remake what does and does not work.

It's going to be worse than AM2R and that's all you need to know

Doubt it. More likely it was already in development and they saw it so DMCA'd it so people wouldn't play it and buy their version, not that it stopped people playing it.

Very, considering the circumstances.
Nintendo has been getting sloppy, and they needed a complete fan remake thrown at them to even lift a finger regarding Metroid, and of course it's a Metroid 2 remake.
I expect the execution to be just as lazy as the concept, and "Prime 4" being no better, given that Prime hasn't been good since 2.
I also expect it to be just barely passable enough that you can't say a bad word about it for several months since the release, and everyone pretending they never liked it once people get fed up with it.

…you realize that AM2R is like the tenth time fans have tried to remake Metroid 2, right? and that it had been in development for ten years before it finally came out?

not saying that's what happened, but it could have

One (and we all know who that is) conuld argue that nuDoom ripped and torn of Brutal DooM.

welp this place is pozzed worse than reddit :V

Where is the help, then?

Prime 2 was the worst one though.

I just don't think they are only remaking Metroid 2 right now because of AM2R, that's all.

Daily Reminder that the Metroid remake is made by MercurySteam and they added QTEs in the game.

What's a QTE

No I didn't. Having to go through every area twice was tedious, poisonous air wasn't a particularly fun mechanic, and I got really sick of the colour purple after a while.

It's a fucking Google it you retard.

You don't have to go through every area twice, you have to go through 4 or 5 rooms in each area twice. A lot of times you go to the dark world to bypass a lock in the light world and don't have to go there in the light world unless you want 100%. I've found that most of the people that complain about 2 are also very bad at vidya.

Summer seems worse this year

Well, I was like 12 when I played it and significantly worse at games than I am now. I distinctly remember the dark would being not a lot of fun though.

Daily reminder a QTE is no different from the boss being tired and standing still while you can hit exactly 3 shots.

Holla Forums is always this shit

It's definitely worse this year

If I was locked in place and could do absolutely nothing but shoot while he was down, yeah. Retard.

he already has by making the metroids vulnerable to beam weapons once they molt.

Both are shit examples of boss fights, but don't act like one is better than the other.

That's what I meant. 1 was great and then they just dropped the ball.
2 was easy, boring and had shit pacing, also included a badly modeled Zero Slut by Nintendo's directive instead of the way more fitting model 1 had. The gameplay was mostly the same but the overall design was starting to show signs of corruption. More cutscenes, levels that you couldn't possibly get lost in, "wait a minute that block" tier puzzles, just lower quality overall.
By 3 they already forgot what made Metroid what it is, threw out the singular time/place/action that's pretty much a requirement of the genre, and doubled down on the story and lore wankery instead of avoiding it.

considering what happened during development, it's somewhat amazing, really. Usually rushed games are broken as fuck, but they did some weird black occult ritual to make prime 2 still completely functional, even if the taste wasn't to everyone's liking. still my favorite of the 3

On another note, hat the team had proper time, we may have had metroid molts in 3d long before other m showed up.

Being unfinished would explain the lazy parts. Still a huge drop from 1.

They were basically told to "do what you did for prime 1, but in less than 12 months" and so they had to re-use assets out the ass.

Every complaint you have with 2 was either subjective or outright wrong.
It was harder than 1
Wow what a great argument
That has nothing to do with the quality of the actual game
2 also had some of the most challenging puzzles in the series, especially the late-game spider ball puzzles
Honestly I don't see how people get lost in any Metroid game but the first two. That being said, I got lost once in the underwater section of Torvus
That would be annoying if they weren't done tastefully, but they were. There are 3 cutscenes per area: walking in, scanning the temple guardian's message, and restoring the energy.

In all honesty I can't believe how shit some people's taste is. There's the faggot saying that Prime 2 was the worst when he hasn't played it since he was 12 and then this guy saying that the only good Prime game was 1 while justifying with either misinformation or vague, subjective garbage.

Yeah, never mind being able to move, change equipment, position yourself to abuse the wakeup and so on.

In the new game, when Samus is killed she has her Zero Suit on underneath.

Is this correct or was it originally the underwear (or was that just Zero)?

If I could get the prime game(s) for cheap- should I? It never appealed to me due to it being a console FPS.

theres not much to metroid 2's story, though
to change any of these would fuck up the entire storyline and make the game non-canon
i don't think he'd risk that

They're not really focused on shooting as much as exploration. You aim/strafe by pressing L to lock your cannon on a point and use the left stick for all movement. It can take some getting used to but I enjoy them a lot.

And yet Other M happened and is hopefully rendered non-canon thanks to Prime 4

There is a little more to the story than that.

Though the main needle is the idea of metroid molts resistances to cold.

Nothing in the manual SAYS they are vulnerable to it, other than this part here:

I'd say there's about a 35% chance it could all go wrong.

It's a fucking counter you pleb.

ok

I would think that the main worry is all about how easy said counter is to perform.

From what was said, there is a meter in the lower screen tat allows you to use special powers (the Aether power, if I recall) which is used for special skills AND for the counter attack.

From what I gather: no juice, no counter attack. I could see that going tits up real fast.

As long as it isn't mandatory to fight he metroids, I'll be good.

That is literally a QTE
Half the time you faggots bitch that like in tlou >muh choices and qte literally dont matter, but now it does and youre still upset

The frick

Have best husbando dragon

Keep telling yourself that.

Were the devs on to something?

time to post handsome Ridley images?

Bethesda. Bunch of features and dlcs of fallout 4 were obvious copies of mods made by fans. Not exactly fan game shit, but fits.

Also Obsidian with New Vegas.

I think it's a shit mechanic that doesn't need to be in the game; but it's not a QTE. You aren't forced into it and you're not scripted/locked into doing it.
It's like calling parries, just defends, timed hits and perfect evades QTEs.

smh

The problem is being locked into a scripted sequence after doing it.

Then you'll love Other M

That's exactly why it's not a QTE. You're only locked into it after to you initiate it. If the game actively forces you into doing it against your will; then it's a QTE.
It's complete trash but it's not a QTE

He already did

Wrong you idiot. Counter has no meter, the is a buffed version but that's an effect of the aether shield buff

Metroids evolutions I mean

I don't care I wanna bareback him and exchange cums

This. In the previous threads this discussion was also held, because apparently Other M's lore does not conflict with Metroid 2. I do hope however the same as , for it to be retconned in some way. Other M can burn in hell.

Well I didn't know because I didn't feel like watching 40 minutes of completely inept people playing games.

The conflict there is based in the fact that you get the ice beam in Metroid 2 but NO beam weapons have any effect on the metroids, including the ice beam. The ice beam ONLY works on the base/larva form of the metroids in the queen's nest.

Again, the gameplay shows that the metroids are immune to beams and we don't see any honest molts until fusion, yet that Omega has a million things wrong with it (wrong eye color, wrong screams, no plasma ball, no levitation, no wall phasing, missile immunity) and is thought to be a result of the flaws acceleration growth program of the federation. it's also something of a reskin of the arachnus fight, but with less thought put into it

Still, nothing in the meda listings mentions that metroids are IMMUNE to cold when they molt on SR-388, but they sure as hell have a strong resistance to it. I would be willing to believe that cold on the nucleus would possibly inhibit them slightly, but not that it could kill them.

she was actually okay at it, the only part she slowed down on was waiting to feature something specific for the stream

Did they actually show an omega? I thought it only went up to zeta.
Also reminder that the ice beam worked on the omega in fusion.

They didn't show off an omega as far as I know.

And I addressed the Omega in fusion as being a genetically flawed creature.

Exactly. If you assume the beam is just as powerful as any other game, and the Metroids (Metroid? What was the official spelling again) are the same species as other Metroids, the game falls in line with the series, but not Other M.

I took one glance at the gameplay trailer and it immediately reeked of damage control
Nintendo got the rug pulled from beneath their feet with AM2R
I bet the suits just thought it to be a dead franchise and never even imagined the amount of fan suport a decent entry in the series would have
They tryed to snuff the original remake (ironic, ain't it?) just so they could cash in on their shity atempt for the handheld and the only thing they generated was bad blood with the fanbase
i can tell this game was put toghether fairly recently after they gauged the succes of AM2R and i'm willing to bet my ass they have absolutelly nothin but the anouncement for Metroid Fusion 4 wich they probably made after they realized that no half assed attempt rushed in a year could posibly hope to top a decade long labor of love and autism

I'm still glad both games are coming out though, at least the big N tryes to listen to their fans every now and then…
Most other companies have their heads so deep up their asses that they could self decapitate with a but clench

The proper plural of Metroid is MetroidS.

What story? Its just kill 40 metroids win.

Metroid 2: Samus Returns; or more commonly known as Another Another Metroid 2 Remake.
Also:
That would be interesting

MetroidS, got it.

very nice

This is fucking awful though

>samus kills them all except the larva at the end where she takes it with her and kicks off Super Metroid

Also, something that pisses me off:

HER GENETIC CODE CONTAINS METROID AND IT CHANGED HER POWER SUIT, DUMBASSES

Reminder that Samus was gonna be swole as fuck and her armcannon was going to be wristmounted, which is why she could do hand-over-hand climbing in Fusion.

I think I spoke with you last thread. Nice stuff.

It's not even being developed by nintendo/intelligent systems/retro. It's not even a real metroid game.

Quite possibly. Metroid is one of the few franchises I've actually given a damn about and know so much about.

Metroid 2 was my first metroid game ever and the character of Samus was so interesting to me that seeing a glimpse of her in a trailer for super smash bros made me get an n64

If we used your definition, any act like attacking, blocking or dodging would be QTEs.

That's not a fucking QTE you retard. Unless you mean to tell me that i-frame dodges and parrying mechanics are also QTEs. A QTE is a scripted event you are locked into where pushing the button the game tells you to/wants you to
determines success or failure and there is no alternative.
Ergo, SR's melee counter isn't a QTE because you're not locked into it, and there are alternative actions you can take like tanking the hit or moving out of the way.

Metroid is a series that always undergoes drastic changes(especially in a game's mid-development). It's gone from Samus being a robot/android, from a brunette to a blonde, from real power armor to bird magic that she summons like a sentai character. While not all changes are welcome, the series does manage to keep people on their toes.

You can stay there >>>/reddit/

It's entirely feasible that Kiketendo was able to cobble together a version of their "official" remake on the seven year old hardware that is the 3DS to show off at E3
It's still being developed. This is just Nintendo showing off what the game will be like.

Nintendo are underhanded kikes that paranoid that their own fans can gain the upper hand in taking care of their franchises more than they do.

does a romhack of street fighter 2 count?

Your explanation makes a lot more sense. But would that mean the Varia variation of the suit is more of a DNA/gene-splice than anything? Since it changes her suit which is in her DNA from Grey Voice's transfusion apparently.
I always thought the Fusion suit looked the way it did because it was between the power and the zero suits. Underneath the power suit's armour plating was this gambeson-like softer suit (which is why she takes more damage but is still armoured) but it's still more protection than the zero suit.
And it never explained why, when Samus gets knocked unconscious from the x parasite, why she retains her suit if she has to be conscious to concentrate her suit in to existence.

It's out in three months. Consider 1 month for production and distribution and they've got two months to squash bugs. The game's done, user.

My first time seeing Samus was probably in Super Metroid. I bought a PSP off a flee market, unknowing it had a SNES emulator with a SHIT ton of games. Super Metroid was among them, and I only played until I got to the Torizo, where I got wrecked immediately. Samus was a girl? HOLY FUCKADOODLE! I left it to be, and later started with Zero Mission and Fusion, and to be honest, those are the best starter games.

The game is probably done already.

I don't think I understand what you are are saying. The entire suit is genetic technology/matter-energy conversion. Also, I don't think you have to be conscious to be able to keep the power suit. You can summon it, if you want to call it that, but you just keep the materialized suit.
Yes please

The idea of an official Nintendo remake of Metroid 2 isn't new, there has been multiple attempts/rumors about it.

Metroid 2 DX was finished, but never released. It was too late in the original GBC's life cycle and Nintendo didn't think there'd be enough demand for it. I remember seeing footage, or at least screenshots, of the unreleased version.

Wow, I thought that was a picture of Roll at first.

And they still had proper parts like a new engine instead of reusing literally everything from Prime 1.

Fuck me, did we ever find out why Prime 2 was as madly rushed as it was?

I WANT SAMUS TO BE MY GF AND TAKE CARE OF ME FROM TUBES!

You know this whole thing just seems like a way for nintendo to spite its fans some more. I haven't even played AM2R but i bet its going to be miles better than the official remake.

So Marth/Roy's counter in smash is a QTE then, is it?

Th-thanks user…

I want Ridley to perch on my shoulder like a big space parrot.

Nintendo's 'fans' will eat that shit up and defend them to the death
Ya know, it's okay when Nintendo does it

I can tell you it is right now for the looks of the official remake's footage.

Oh fuck off. The fact he doesn't even know what a QTE is means he's either never played a bad game that has it, or avoids normalfags that do

He's too big for that

I really wish Samus was ripped as fuck like those muscled girls. I mean, moving with the fucking suit is no easy task

Isnt moving the suit more of a mental thing anyways?

Or option C: He's such a fucking normalfag he's only played new games that utilize it to the point that it's not out of the ordinary for him to be playing shit that takes away urgency from the player so the devs can jack off about their cinematic bullshit they've created.

So they've been eyeing AM2R and decided to hit them a year prior to the official remake's reveal, hoping that in that the year between that and the C&D people would be hyped for a Metroid 2 remake and that we're too stupid remember AM2R to begin with.

Nintendo are masters at insulting our intelligence.

They did mention in the Treehouse stream Chozo lore briefly (correct me if I'm wrong). Best brace yourself if they try to expand on it.

According to Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission (forget which one exactly) the Chozo created the metroids in the first place, so it makes sense that there would be Chozo ruins on SR388 if that's where metroids are to be found "naturally", as they were bred to consume and destroy the X parasite.
That whole "Chozo created the Metroids and to fight our brand new bad virus" retcon reeked of Sakamoto, so who knows what happens next.

Fucking go the fuck back to fucking cuckchan you fucking fucker.

according to the manga they were created to deal with the X parasite. I don't think they were ever a natural existance

The only thing that matters is that the end game reward better be the lewdest unsuited Samus ever.

What's the plot of Metroid Rogue Dawn?

Well, now I know what they are. I avoid them like the plague, I hate games that try to be "Cinematic" or "Interactive" by pulling these cheap fucking stunts. So I certainly understand the frustration people here have.
It's why I didn't even finish god of war, it was awful.

Did you forget to post an example? That's not a QTE

This isn't new. Hell it's likely SR388 is NOT the Metroid home world but the world where they were weaponized

This is where things will get interesting. Samus didn't have the Plasma Beam or Wave Beam stacked on the Ice Beam in the original version of 2, so for all we know the penetrating effects of those beams could have allowed it to damage the Fusion Omega. The no flying aspect some people bring up was likely due to the limitations of the Gameboy rather than them actually being able to levitate.

MDb did a big thing on the original Prime 2 prototype so if you want the full details I'd look there, but the TL;DR version is that originally it was supposed to be on a derelict space station controlled by four AIs that all had distinct personalities and could control aspects of the station to fuck with you. The remnants of these assets are mostly in Sanctuary Fortress, and the four scan colors that were originally supposed to represent the AIs.

According the manga they were bred on Zebes and jettisoned to SR388 just before the initial Pirate raid, apparently they "weren't ready" but they also didn't want to risk the prototype falling into pirate hands.

You're not locked into a scripted sequence, you get a window after doing the counter where attacks do bonus damage.

While I like both Prime 1 and 2 I'd say I enjoy 2 more. I don't understand what this guy means by getting lost in Prime 1 as most areas were pretty simple to navigate. If I recall, I'm pretty sure the Phazon Mines was just a straight path to the Omega Pirate. However, I got lost a shit ton in Prime 2. I mostly just liked it for the environments. While they're all kinda dead, I feel like that's kinda what Prime 2 was trying to get across. I mean, the plot of the game is that you're is this dying alien civilization where everything has gone to shit, which was the same for Prime 1, but I feel like 2 did it better. Little details like cobwebs and Luminoth corpses really highlighted the fact that EVERYBODY IS FUCKING DEAD. While Prime 1 hadba similar story, it never really set that atmosphere with it's vibrant colors. Again, not saying Prime 1 is bad, I like it still very much, I'm just saying Prime 2 did a better job at conveying a story through its environment.

> larva
Don't you mean ==THE BABY== ?

Just reread what I typed and I would like to apologize for how badly written that all was, I got problems making my words flow in typing and in real life. Basically, all I was trying to say was Prime 2's atmosphere highlights the events that happened before Samus got there better than Prime 1. Also, I just like Prime 2's music better.

Why does this trigger me?

Prime 1 Samus in Prime 2

Prime 1 is the only game in the series that successful took the Super Metroid/Zero Mission style of play and made it 3D. While Prime 2 is a fun game, the environments are not contiguous in the same way as exploration based entries in the series. If anything, it's lay out is more similar to Fusion's gated progression, although it is split up over light/dark areas rather than numbered cylinders.

It's the Prime 2 design, but the visor doesn't have that upwards contour at the top. Prime 1's suit had much larger shoulders while Prime 2's was more angular, and her helmet has the same lines as the 2/3 suit.

It took me a bit, but I've got about half an hour of ridley cock talk converted. Had to split it into two files, though.

and part 2

By your definition, this is a QTE.

Why do people complain about Fusion removing the stupid aspects of Metroid evolution from II? Sometimes games introduce bad lore that's perfectly fine for later games to retcon out.

why the fuck did they drop that idea? that would have been cool as fuck

Nintendo, probably. You have to remember that they wanted Prime 3 to have a bounty-hunting aspect, but Nintendo shot that idea down, because Samus apparently doesn't do any bounty hunting or, in fact, accept cash for anything she does.

Jesus what is this from, haha

This. According to the manga, the Metroids were artificially created by the Chozo to fight the Metroids.

You are too fucking pure man

This is actually possible. Say, if the wave beam and/or plasma beam does that it actually makes sense. Good approach!

Nice redtext

Maybe that is what Prime 4 is gonna be about…

If Samus is collecting Metroid DNA rather than just wiping them out then why is X infestation a thing in fusion and why is the baby considered the last Metroid?
Can Sakamoto go a whole game without glaring contradictions?

Why would you do that

trips of truth. No one was expecting the first prime to be so good but it was (aside from the space station intro) because it relied on exploration and non-linear level design.
Prime 2 was the 'metroid fusion' of the prime series. It introduced linearity, dialogue, and extra characters, all pretty much the exact opposite of what a good metroid game is.

For what it's worth prime 3 did have a great control scheme

what the fuck nintendo

mmm samus

This will never not be incredibly retarded

To fight the metroids that you created to fight the metroids that you created to fight the metroids that you created to fight the metroids that you created to fi

You mean the X right?

excuse me. what the fuck are you doing?

tits or gtfo

The Metroids were created as a natural predator that the X virus sorely lacked, they also served a dual purpose unrevealed to other species, Metroids were prototypes for the vessels the chozo would use to ascend, the final vessels being completely made out of energy instead of partially like Metroids, but the vessels used to ascend were really only one of the first steps in the Chozo's master plan, for they would simple be beyond creation unable to touch it again, there was another step that would lead to them being reborn as one being, a god able to not only touch or interact with the physical universe but to change it's very nature, and the key to all of that is Seamus Iran.

what about organic high heels?

Kerrigan's a whore so it's ok.

you will never not be retarded

Fight fire with . . . fire?

In 2015, there's an interview with Tanabe talking what he would like in MP (for the NX). There was some brief idea of focusing on a single planet with time shifting mechanics.

Speaking with Tanabe, it was clear he had plenty of ideas for the game, including a focus on a single planet that has a time-shifting mechanic, similar to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes' single planet with dark and light variants.

Instead of broadening it to more planets I would have one and would focus on the timeline, and being able to change that. That's one interesting idea I have in mind… but I understand many people thought that [Echoes] was too difficult.

While the multiple planets of MP3 was an interesting change, I would prefer to go back and focus on a single planet, but still keep being able to pilot the ship to new landing pads to act as a mobile save/missile station and fast travel.

Thank fuck.

Getting around no duplicate files

I have a sinking feeling that Prime 4 is going to get the BoTW treatment, in that the series get's westernized or the directors are hugely inspired by western games in the genre, BoTW suffers massively from being a bland open world RPG that focuses more on being skyrim lite than having good dungeons with fun and varied puzzles. Expect Prime 4 to be literally Halo.

Nah. They know that fans blow their loads the hardest for Super and Prime and there's no way they haven't noticed the absolute glut of Metroidvania indie games in the last five years. In Zelda's case it was a "back to the roots" revival that justified the open world setting. If they did that with Metroid you could expect lots of boring copy-paste corridors with no backgrounds and no way to tell them apart, no map to work with, et cetera.

This would be okay, though I kind of hope they'll do the ship idea they had where she's on a space station with multiple conflicting and competing A.I. that got leaked a few years back.

If her suit is part of her DNA then what the fuck is happening at the end of Zero Mission?

I hope they keep the L targeting for Prime 4. If they want to make it a "proper" FPS with right stick for aiming I'll probably skip it altogether. If they could do some kind of Crackdown aiming system where you lock on with L and then target specific body parts (perhaps with a motion tilt like the adjustments made with BOTW's aiming) then that would be sweet too.
Mostly, though, I want a big large world that simultaneously manages to feel claustrophobic, and teeming with alien life while also feeling incredibly isolated.

The suit is different because they cut off portions of it in the procedure. I'm pretty sure that the blue shit is the weird membrane that Metroids produce, which was caused by the genetic changes.

No, is talking about how Samus "loses" her suit when her ship is shot down over Zebes, (and then has to crawl around in her knickers with a stun gun) despite the fact the power suit is supposed to literally be in her DNA.
Again, Sakamoto couldn't write himself out of a wet paper bag.

One, Zero Mission was the first game. Two, I'm pretty sure the actual issue as listed in Fusion was that the suit was programmed to refuse to come off if Samus was unconscious, for obvious reasons, so they had to surgically remove what they could.

Ignore and anything involving the manga. Unless it's in the games, it doesn't count for shit.

The idea there is that when she got shot down, she suffered a degree of shock. (it's almost taken verbatim from Bio Booster Armor Guyver when Sho kills Enzyme 2 and has subconscious shock due to it where he can't call his suit forward anymore)

When she enters the training chamber, she not only calms herself due to looking at the wall drawing she made, but passes the "trial of Warrior" that grants a Chozo a full power suit (basically a limiter removal on her suit)

What's the difference between the two again?

Much like a green lantern ring; even when the user is unconceous, it just goes into a lockdown mode (another ting other M fucked up) and keeps it's shields/armor up.

I think one has a switch to allow spoilers/no spoilers and the other forces you to highlight them manually. Other than that, allthetropes seems to be pretty fucking behind on gathered info.

He's proven he fucking cant. He literally has to ruin it for everyone because his fan fiction gets to become official
Why'd they even let him do anything with Metroid after Other M is beyond me

wew, good thing Gray voice and Old bird and everything I said is in the games.

Kraid, is that you?

Somewhat mental. Still, samus is not small.

>find out they are father and daughter and were killed together

>that one poor fuck standing guard in the temple who just simply starved to death because she wouldn't abandon her post

>that fucking final cinematic of the Luminoth en-mass bowing to Samus

Fuck… Prime 2 beat the fuck out of me in that aspect. Prime 1 gives you the sense that everything happened so long ago it's nearly forgotten, but Prime 2 lets you feel firmly that you were one damn day too late.

Yeah, like Mother Brain training Samus somehow. Or the Chozo showing up in anything more than a brief flashback.

Why the manga is taken as anything more than an amusing aside is beyond me. The games are much better with fill-in-the-blank story that doesn't try to make everything interconnected.

I am so god damn retarded it isn't even funny anymore.

I'm having a really tough time wrapping my head around this. The only explanation is that the Japanese don't even have a concept for what a bounty hunter is or does…I mean fuck it's almost the same as a merc, do they not know what those are either?
I am so baffled, I need a source on this

WHAT

Rather than the acid/lava lowering on its own like in Metroid 2 there's a machine that lowers it when you insert a certain amount of Metroid DNA which you get for Killing them.

Who cares? Dont put one in. Someone hired the bounty hunter to go hunt a bounty. Done.

In SR?

The worst part is reading the time frame for everything happening. The final stand at Sanctuary Fortress was a week before your arrival, the Pirates were present for several weeks of the war and reported hearing gunfire and such from there. You arrived at the Great Temple literally minutes before the remaining Luminoth were wiped out by the Ing.
The game really is a downer except for the end.

As static images with nothing but vague implications to explain them. That's like saying everything involving Mother Brain in the manga is canon because she's a boss in three games.

Winning E3 doesn't magically make a company good, especially not the one thats now using their American division to censor games in Japan as a way to pander to westerners.

I could never actually get the timeframes though I tried to decipher them years ago when I played through. It was all based on a "cycles" system. Anytime I thought I figured out what the logic was of which unit of time a cycle was, along came another log that made absolutely zero sense in that context.

thanks, will have a read

I'm glad nintendo is actually doing something not as shit with metroid as fed fucks or other m, but it doesn't mean I'm defending AM2R being shut down

yes
13:10 has her killing the metroid and getting its dna and then some weird chozo relic lighting up
and 15:15 is her inserting the new dna and the poison going down

Federation Force wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be

I played that fucking pile of trash. It was indeed bad.

Gameplay was fine.
Co-op was fun.

The only actually bad thing was the football multiplayer. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad.

Like Metroid pinball right?
Oh…

I'm convinced at this point someone wished on a monkeys paw for more metroid games and thats why we have to suffer
I kinda wish they had left it dead.

Yes it was

I don't think I've said that.
People disliked it because it was a big fuck you to everyone that wanted another Metroid game. Which is perfectly understandable.

But if you don't really care about Metroid and really just like a few entries in the series it's pretty okay.

Strange. I give a collectible for defeating the Metroid, which in itself is already weird, but they use some kind of relic to constantly lower the poison? Do you have to come back every time you defeat a number of Metroids or are there more of these machines? It's weird.

If Nintendo just shut down AM2R, I would have thought: "Damn, these guys can be some assholes" but I would still buy their games. However, I am not buying anything new from Nintendo anymore because they are continuous assholes, and they won't stop. Nintendo can still burn in hell for shutting it down.

Next you're going to tell me the lord of shadows games were good.

when will you nintenyearolds learn?

if nintendies was actually a smart company they would make oppai samus canon.

Again, I didn't say that.
I really like the original metroid, super metroid, and the ones that were on GBA.
I don't like prime and other M.

Can you try to talk without making huge assumptions or putting words into my mouth?

Share your drugs.

The Japanese know the concept of a bounty hunter, the real reason is that Samus Aran is a Ellen Ripley knockoff. Metroid was heavily influenced by the first two Alien movies and was understood through them by the Japanese.
If you were watching the pilot to a Alien TV Series and Ellen Ripley would suddenly start to act like Boba Fett, you would be confused too.

Yeah this really makes Nintendo sound like a bunch of stuffy nip suits who are no fun allowed faggots. The difference here though, from what I was saying before, is that this shows they understand and censor things that are an "issue." What user said before was that they didn't even know or understand what a bounty hunter was, despite that being the profession of one of their oldest iconic characters. Not know what it is is a whole lot different than removing or censoring "bounty hunter" if that was your implication with those images.
I still find it very difficult to believe the Nintendo suits didn't know what a bounty hunter was unless there's some cultural thing where there's no concept for it in Japan.

she wouldn't be able to fit in the suit
the extra energy from the sheer mass would make her morph ball explode also :^)

That's why the game is supposed to be played online.
It's like complaining L4D is hard if you play with bots.

Is it good that the game only works when played with others? Of course not, but that doesn't make it a complete worthless piece of trash.
It's a solid 6.5

It's when proper gameplay is reduced to entering only a couple of buttons in a proper sequence.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quick_time_event
I believe Dragon's Lair had the best graphics in all time and was 100% QTE, should have been available on Playstation.

It was allegedly that "it sounded cool".

the suit is overrated

Yeah, the real winner was Devolver pissing off literally everybody.

Yup, Dragon's lair was basically a don bluth short movie where in order to see the end of it, you needed to act at the right times. failing to do so got dirk fucked up.

Then isn't that a mischaracterization of their own character? If you make a character and canonically call her a bounty hunter (which I believe she was considered to be in the first metroid, though I could be wrong) then there should be zero issue with her acting like one, otherwise you're calling a horse a cow and getting all uppity when someone wants to joust with it. Ripley was a "survivalist" more than anything, and while she kicked ass and lived, she wasn't seeking out the aliens to go slaughter, just trying to stay alive. I could see that being the case for Aran in the first game, maybe, but it seems incredibly stupid to me for someone to say "yes this character is a bounty hunter" and then getting their panties twisted when someone suggests she take actions pursuant to said character's profession.

yeah so are her fighting abilities which mainly come down to chozo DNA and suit operation

please user. They are literally, not figuratively a meme company.

Samus' suit now comes with boob socks?

Now comes the trick question, is she called a bounty hunter in the Japanese version of the game? If no then its basically down to a shitty English translation that stuck and wasn't discovered until later games.

I assume you have to comeback because at the end of the video she shows off the teleportation system

its a solid 5

Fuck, I remember this. Fucking lol'd at it too. I bet you anything Gunpei Yokoi knew and Sakamoto was the dipshit who didn't get it.

I'm a bit of a purist in my Metroid games, so external things changing to allow you further access is kind of disappointing to me. Still wish that you'd just get better upgrades and level design to get further, but so it goes.

IIRC yeah, it was even in the Japanese version.

thats a good point actually

m8, everyone but the lolis gets drawn with boobsocks over in nipland. How often do you see a big-tiddied girl in anime whose shirt drapes over her tits (with the exception of a midriff baring one that ends right after her boobs)? Virtually never, even if they're wearing school uniform dress shirts they cling and wrap around them like saran wrap.
Kinda wish they made those IRL though.

Look, it's not hard, it's annoying. Bullet sponge foes have never been fun and only serve to piss players off or bore them with tedium. "Oh wow, this faggot took 7 shots to kill." It doesn't feel good in the least to play.

We have the atrocious art style. Jesus fuck, the art style. Lets not forget that it constantly forgets what the scale is.

How about the story? Man, a mind controlled samus? Wow, whoever these space fairing faggots are, they are able to brainwash a psychically defended chozo offspring. Wow, that's incredible… but they can't do much else. And growth rays and shit and then you fight samus and she spends the whole battle in morph ball mode because lol blastball and then she is ded but not really and she kills everyone that captured her with one shot because the plot doesn't matter and you're a faggot if you bought this piece of shit.

Disagreed, 5 and below is exclusive to games that are broken.

If a game works as it should it's an automatic 6

I'm still half convinced he was taken out via the Yakuza.

I come to Samus' boob socks as well :^)

No. If a game works as it should but it's an absolutely horrible game, it absolutely goes below the 5 level.
7 is average.
8 is above average/good and 6 is below average/not good.
9 is really good/great. 5 is bad.
Anything at 5 or below is just a measure of exactly how atrocious is actually is. A game doesn't get an automatic 6 just because it's working as intended, that's retarded and is a serious claim that anything under 5 is relegated only to games with bugs or performance issues.

I liked Prime 2 more than 3 (I really the caustic atmosphere and how you had to really be careful when exploring).
Doesn't matter, the three Primes are great.

I remember thinking that was married Daphne, the first time.

I have also read this too many times, that the bounty hunter thing was a mistranslation (like the BARRIER suit, that was called VARIA suit in the west because translators are dangerous retards who need to be shot in the eyes).
Theory says that in Japan, Samus WAS NEVER a proper independent bounty hunter but a one-woman army who still was 100% part of the Galactic Federation.
I've never found true proof on this.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Where I come from a 6/10 is bare minimum.

is this some sort of tumblr lingo that shit-flinging homosexuals use to cry about "objectification"?

>I come cum to in Samus' boob socks as well
Thank me later

yes

I personally always felt that if a game functioned as it should with no true game breaking glitches, but it was just a dully shitty unfun game, it was rated a 5 as a "it works but that's all it does". Bugs and such drop the score more, and things that are enjoyable outside of the 'norm" are what raise it over a 5.

By this virtue, there is no 10 game as that would mean a flawless, glitchless, incredibly enjoyable game no matter what.

… just how I feel about it.

Perhaps, though it's possible that is the proper term of a skin tight suit with spaces for boobs to go that lets them jiggle.

Honestly, I'd prefer samus going more xeno in her looks. I don't care if she looks somewhat horrific.

xenofag here

His cock might
Hnng

Well, here's the Japanese manual for Metroid 1, if you want to dive with me in trying to find the term used somewhere: metroid-database.com/m1/manual.php

We're looking for 賞金稼ぎ.

You should kill yourself fam.

The last line on page 7, actually, has it there. So there you go, even in the original Japanese manual, Samus Aran was a bounty hunter.

It's a pretty descriptive term regardless. A suit that follows the skin 100%, providing a separate space or a sock for each boob. I don't mind them, but I prefer something in the middle.

that is because you are a buttprirate with shit tastes. Quit giving so many rimjobs.

I will never not love Splashbrush's drawings.

i first heard boob socks in the 90s in reference to comic book heroines costumes

Maybe they meant Big Game Hunter or something. That makes a bit more sense as she specializes in killing giant monsters.

Are there other ways to translate it?

Crocomire is also a qt

I meant maybe they used the wrong name for the concept they wanted entirely rather than it being poorly translated.

That fucking mustache

Shoehorning in an X parasite and completely ruining Fusion's intro.

Yes. If you drop the Japanese I posted into Google translate, it comes back as "prize earnings." Even each half seems to think that. However, if you ask Google what "bounty hunter" is in Japanese, then it gives that phrase, along with a verified checkmark from someone who apparently confirmed that translation of the phrase. So I have no clue and because I just started learning Japanese memorizing hiragana I shouldn't be trusted any more than Google Translate is.

We already knew that. The curiosity is whether that was the original term in Japanese or something that got translated badly by the Americans in the manual of the first game. There was an interview from IGN with Walker at Retro Studios during Prime 3's development, which is where this greentext comes from. I won't link it because I can't be assed to archive, but if you search "retro walker samus aran bounty hunter" the first link will take you right to the page where he discusses it.

fuck off lefty

th-thanks…

I will be upset if Ridley isn't in the next Smash

I hope you're ready to be upset then

>drawfag said it was about Crocomire upset that her husband (some beast from some game I can't remember) just drooled all over the freshly mopped floor

we need more wife crocomire

samus is canonically 6’3" tall

Just a centimeter or two smaller than me.

Every day since 2007, for the rest of my life

Master Chief was also fairly superhuman. If I recall, he was taller than normal and either had metal implants in his bones or something, because moving slightly would crush a normal person in the suit

those two redesigns completely miss the point of the fusion suit. while the chozo power suit was big and bulky, making samus look like a walking tank, the fusion suit was supposed to be streamlined and slim in order to better reflect her change.

Honestly it's kinda like a due point but that would involve smart decisions.

Including rivals into smash bros is a NO BRAINER but they just keep picking "flavor of the month" trash to shove in, like Greninja or 7 fire emblem characters or changing the stats so that black pit and lucina took up more dev time and jesus fuck no one plays smash tour, talk about a load of wasted time.

I mean, mario has bowser and bowser junior, give us some fucking rivals!

yeah, but not enough showcases samus in an inhuman manner, which was the basis of me posting that.

It was a thing they did to all Spartans. Made them taller, new skeletons, etc.

It's okay user, I'm writing erotic fanfiction involving Ridley right now

Yeah, child soldier and skeleton was indestructible basically. Mark 2's were the best.

Seconded on all counts. God that Falcon reveal trailer was fantastic.

do it

>ends the story with samus geting fatally hit by a car for no fucking reason
jesus fuck, is it so much to ask for a story where Samus and Ridley are actors and the reason RIdley shows up in every fucking metroid game is due to them being a couple offscreen and Samus keeps threatening to leave if they don't get a part for her hubby?

IT'S A FEATURE

Please give me a link to AM2R. I can't find it after jewtendo scrubbed it off the net.

Nothing is impossible.

kek
Also the guy fighting Ridley sucks.

Maybe.

Nobody is saying this.

This looks like a Spongebob face.

They mentioned netplay. I wonder if they're doing something like having one person move and another person shoot

Oh, watch your words.

>Ridley was in smash 64 as a background element
>Ridley was in Melee in the intro
>Ridley was in Brawl as a boss
>Ridley was in Smash4 as a 6th/9th fighter with loyalty issues

pastebin.com/raw/CyBuK0s2

In which Ridley auditions for Smash, has to take a piss (based on ), and has sex to relieve himself.

my.mixtape.moe/owpfrf.zip

Noice.

I'd recognize proteus and beetus anywhere so I hunted down the full video for you.

Thanks for the game m8! I was waiting for a complete version of this game and nintendo deiced that shekels are worth more than good will. I wonder why Sega doesn't do this shit when their fans make this sort of shit.

Because they understand that their fans make them the cash, Hell they have been hosting fangame expos for Sanic for a while now

It did end up getting finished, patched too, before it got taken down

(v1.0 had a bug with the gravity suit that made it not render properly on some graphics cards)

Sega has nothing to lose, hiring "inexperienced nobodies" to make games. Nintendo is toobusy wringing their hands to ever do such a thing.

That, and Nintendo values having all their big games be exclusive to their own consoles and not be on any others.

Sega did, for a while. Streets of Rage fans will tell you all about the fan remake that got removed, as well as a metric fuckton of Youtube Let's Plays of older and obscure Sega titles. It's only very recently they decided to let Christian Whitehead go to town with Sonic when they realized their official titles weren't any good (Sonic 4) and Yuji Naka had already left.

Feels real damn good. I'm gonna spend the evening playing this shit!

WHERE ARE THE SPRITES?

There is a 1.2.9 community update available. Some dude got the source code and started tinkering, and he actually polished the game by quite a lot, bugfixes, problems solved, some new features and a lot more.

Jesus fuck my sides.

that was glorious

I want to make love to the Varia suit.

Also, what do you guys think of an origins game? We know that Samus was basically adopted by the Chozo and eventually got the power suit and stuff

Sounds pretty gay. Doing Metroid prequels never works out because Samus always ends up getting crazier gear that she won't have until later on. Besides, there's no need for an "origins game" because the Manga already took care of that shit.

Still working on it too, seems his plan is to implement pretty much everything the guy who started it wanted to but couldn't get to. (Providing it's not the same guy under a pseudonym.)

I doubt it. If Nintendo finds out his life would be dragged through hell and back. Even though, I think he is doing a pretty good job.

Not really, its a pretty accurate term for whatever it is they're drawing her in, because i've never seen a body suit conform completely each tit like your picture and most of the zero suit pictures posted.

He's saying that entire plot point was an extension of the lore and explanation after the fact to give the X-parasite relevance. The manga was created around the time of Fusion/Zero Mission, before that the plot point of the Metroid's being Chozo creation was absent. I don't have a problem with this myself, but similar to Other M, they will likely try to expand on the Chozo lore again and I'm just a tad bit worried of all the weird stuff that may be added that wasn't htere previously is all.

it's hilarious how in the Zero Mission concept art Sakamoto explicitly instructed the artist to not draw the heels above a certain height, only to forego it in Other M anyway.

They thought the term Bounty Hunter was cool without actually understanding what it meant. It's retarded as hell.

Sakamoto just turns anything into shit by just touching it so it's gonna be terrible. Also never forget AM2R.

Daily reminder the AM2R team likes Samus Returns.

They also do not want people not buying SR because of the DCMA. To be honest, I would have bought SR if the only thing Nintendo did was shutting them down and the devs being OK with it; it is everything else that Nintendo does with their games and community that makes me hate them.

I'm suprised Nintendo still supports the thing after it's been blown wide open. They can't even manage to shutdown freeshop.

People don't stop buying games because a few nerds on the internet figured out how to hack their 3DSs.
I mean shit it was even easier for the DS and that did nothing to stop the production of games on it.

Plenty of people still buy 3DS games and if you think the opposite you might actually be retarded.

And you're an even bigger retard if you still buy 3DS games, it literally could not be easier, you get the game straight from Nintendo's servers

Like the dumb cunt you are you took my post completely out of context and directly assumed I buy 3DS games. You completely missed the point of my post and proved just how fucking incompetent your brain is.
You are a huge retard and I am sorry your parents have to deal with you.

Sakamoto just turns anything into shit by just touching it so it's gonna be terrible. Also never forget AM2R.>>12854375
The way that sounds is them swallowing their hatred and acting that it's all good and well.

FUCK! Ignore that repeat

It sounds like I hit a nerve user, 3DS piracy dipping in to your bosses' bottom line? are Nintendo getting their interns to shill for free now?

And of course the fag that doesn't know anything about how piracy works goes straight to calling me a shill.

The greatest thing is that you said it yourself
pssst, maybe it's because a large amount of people don't pirate their games
You know, all the kids that have no idea how to do it. Wow that's a fucking novel piece of information huh?

god you're daft

Oh fuck, the italicized text is quoted from Tanabe, the normal text above and underneath it is my own. He didn't mention the ship save mobile save point, that was my opinion.

archive.is/zhmpy

Nintendo just added Metroid 2 color palette when you play it on the GameBoy Color as a compromise for not releasing Metroid II DX.

Well, is too late for that, and we can clearly send the message if Nintendo thinks we just don't like Metroid since apparently they are too stupid to notice.

I never expected to have actual Nintendo shills around these parts but since they turned into SJWs for a while I consider it very possible now.

Can't ignore those double dubs.

I wouldnt mind playing loli samus training and then joining the galactic fed and ending when she leaves the Fed
and then have a accurate remake of Metroid if you 100% it
But then again, whenever thy expand on chozo lore it gets weird

Huh. Well I wouldn't know.

Nice catch.

SEGA does this because it's good for business, simple as that.

Sounds pretty good. Too bad it'll never happen. :'(

At least they're taking it in stride.

(Sekai Ichi)
Fuckin' ace, user. Checked.

This is true. Considering her design is based on a succubus.

Is there a flowchart of Metroid games?

I want to believe but everybody has just laughed at those "Secret of Samus that only I know" stuff, they are not meant to be taken seriously by people.
Except for Brianna Wu, of course.

I do remember that when the devs decided that "it would be cool if Samus was a woman all along!" they imagined her looking like a pretty american woman. At some point they said she looked like Kim Basinger as she looks like in "My Stepmother is an alien", which is strange considering that movie was released two years later.

I prefer Samus staying Aryan.

People are still buying the 3DS.
Chances are that if you win a 3DS as a prize, you'll use it instead of selling it.

space hunters and has successfully completed numerous missions that everybody thought were absolutely impossible. He is a cyborg: his entire body has been surgically strengthened with robotics, giving him superpowers. Even the space pirates fear his space suit, which can absorb any enemy's power. But his true form is shrouded in mystery.
Space Hunter makes more sense than bounty hunter, based on what we have seen of Samus in her games.

Not sure what you're talking about. One of these, I guess.

come on, it didn't need to be crossed out
Has anyone here played even MP Pinball?

Isn't it a good example of a spin off game released when a series is getting regular games a good thing?
Unlike the opposite when you get no new games and wind up with spin off like Federation Force.