Computer set-up

What's your battlestation like?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/AnqjS
imgur.com/a/HYmrA
nelsonpires.com/software/dimmer/
justgetflux.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I lay in bed with the laptop on my belly. That way I can masturbate and not look at my dick.
That's what you wanted to know, right?

Why is the desk backlit?

Backlighting aside, I'd very much like to find a desk like that. No keyboard drawer, plenty of room for the chair and drawers on the side.

He even has a hook to hang his headphones, fag/10

Are you embarrassed about having a penis

Jesus christ my eyes hurt just looking at that ricer shit

Pretty exciting.

Explain how you would fit a desktop with a monitor and keyboard in there.

Best bet is find a office supply website
I spent awhile looking at desks at general furniture places and ikea and shit but they are all cheaply made over priced garbage

Like look for a website that sells proper office funiture an they normally have solid desks

The one I got the wood is heavy as fuck

I have a five year old laptop on an old shitty desk with a bar stool pulled up to it. I sawed off the bottom of the legs to make it the proper height for the desk. That's where I GAME

Maybe you shouldn't be trying to play vidya in a van in the first place. Even if you are this much of a plebeian, there is no excuse for using botnet 10, discord, or chrome.

Get a micro atx case and mobo, and build around it. Fucking idiot.

Nobody gives a fuck about how great your life is.

That's not a van.

fags cant even compete

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you guys laugh at an alienware alpha with a 3.5" screen glued to the top.

He is to retarded to build his own PC and furniture

Why is every user ITT a borderline hobo?

comfy/10

Are you calling me a hobo

hobo

Are you that one user who lives under his mom's house?

Yeah but can you drive your house?
Didn't think so faggot nice house that can't move

I bet he uses the internet from jack in the box to be able to post here.

Why would I even want to move my house, you silly hobo?

I can live on the beach
I can live in the mountains reach
I can live where it is hot
I can live where it is not
I can live here or there
I can live anywhere
And you can't, plebian

… Why would anyone want to live on a beach? You'd get sand everywhere.

Try playing horror games there.

You're sand
Fuck you

Yea, it's rough, it gets everywhere…

Why would you want to live in the mountains, where you could get caught in a rock slide, mud slide or an avalanche?

I AM STRONGER THAN ROCKS

Option E: Probably contains trace amounts of sandnigger cum because they live in the sand and fucking stick their dicks in everything

Hobo.

People need to have Windows to play games, Linux is only for browse internet in websites like this if you want to have more privacy (But also need to install adons, understand this, and for some people who needs even more privacy, proxies, i use a Linux Live CD edited by myself with pinguybuilder, in a old nootbook without hard disk only to visit websites like this and nobody in my family will know this or if i die, nobody will know this)

That's not even that much worse than the setup I had in my mold filled, spider infested closet because my girlfriend took up all the space in the bedroom.

Natural selection

The economy is shit and has been for years. Holla Forums is primarily twenty-somethings who experienced their adulthood during and after the recession in 2008, which we never actually recovered from.

The real reason is how autists don't actually have success in life unless they're autistic savants who are savants at engineering. I don't even know what possibly convinced you this place is mostly overage.

Men don't make excuses, that's for women. Nut up or shut up. Maybe if you didn't waste $1,000+ on useless shit like a gaming rig, you wouldn't be third-world tier.

that really depends
are you going to spend most of your free time on the computer or are you even planning on entertaining guests?
if it's the second one you're a ntgger

I swear we had this thread last week.

It's a stupid thing to do but the polar opposite of a nigger. A nigger would just rob the guests.

nt (you)

He said Windows 10, not windows in general

Is that a Carowinds souvenir cup?

Here's the most updated picture I have for this.
Tower's on the other side now, and I have one of those big pads for the mouse and keyboard. I should really update it.

I saw a really awful picture of some Holla Forums fag's battlestation recently and still wish I saved it. He had a tacky rainbow keyboard and two desktops running Arch Linux with Gnome 3 and Windows 10 side by side, with a third monitor just to run Discord in fullscreen. He also still uses Internet Explorer and turned gay after /monster/ bullied him over his last battlestation.

I hope a 18-wheeler plows your ass on the highway and leaves nothing but bits of your gaming laptop and a blood stain behind

That'll only happen if he lives in Sweden.

The trick with spiders is cultivating a population of the right kinds.

Disgusting
Good idea-
-sullied with garbage
Not the worst thing, say what you will about Discord
Undoubtedly has brain problems
How?

You mean dead right? Because the only right kind of spider is a dead one.

The last one is a really neat way of optimizing space in your room

Jesus Christ, this looks like a hallway you'd walk down in a horror game. I'm surprised there's even an outlet there.

One day I'll clean up.

This "room", without furniture, looks like a solitary confinement cell in one of my city's prison, right before they had to close it down for violating human rights or some shit. Only thing missing is a drain and for that table to be a 5 foot long concrete block all the way to the ground.

I didn't need these memories

shiggy diggy

Such a disappointment it was. Never could take that map down though.

Current iteration, moving soon though so we'll see if I can find a better spot for my CRT

Some faggot from Holla Forums tried raiding the board and a couple of his buddies came in to damage control. /monster/ anons began screencapping the Holla Forums Discord for keks and one of the Holla Forums mods freaked out, going on a banning spree that only hit legit leftyfags. When that failed, he started pointing guns at the monitor only for people to shit on him for his messy desk, shit taste in software, and badly-maintained guns he took several photos but I only have pic related saved, the cleanest of the bunch because he was bullied into cleaning up a little.
Later some /monster/ anons stumbled across him in another Discord server, talking about how /monster/ helped him discover his homosexuality and humiliation fetish.

Seems almost everyone loves having their keyboards, mouse, and monitors all crammed the fuck together and their monitors very close to their face

Jesus Christ

Fag

Is there even anything good to watch on there?

link?

I like the poster.
>>>/reddit/ is more your speed famalam.

most redditors are cucks user.

Which is why aspiring to love something they can never fuck fits them perfectly.

I've recently gotten a USB floppy drive and 4tb external HDD but other than that literally nothing different about my system from last time.

Windows has been spying on you niggers since 95, and if you want Linux good luck since it has nogaemz and Wine is okay but also imperfect and annoying to deal with.

Why though

user it's not that we're delusional and in love with a cartoon, we simply view 2D women as the archetype for how women should behave.
At least that's how it is for me, I can't speak for the niggers on /a/

If you want the wrong kinds dead then it behooves you to cultivate a population of the right ones. You don't want these.

Software compatibility or maybe it's just autism.

real lack of CRT in these threads

CRT memers can keep to their quarantine threads.

how many ms of delay did it take for you to see my post?

nice cuckshed

FUCK OFF

Less is more

Come talk to me about spiders when you live in Australia.

Got it for 20$, I regret it.

Should have gone Rosewill if you wanted mechanical user.

or tomoko

Rosewill aesthetic tho

Holy shit user, I pray for you

I dunno lad

That's sexy as hell to look at. Rosewill got military grade metal chassis though.

I think that's a plane or some sort of truck, maybe hes in the military. The dash is fucking wack for a car.

Better tread lightly lest you tip that monitor over. At least I can tell you're running some form of ganoo

Nice keyboard. Clean up NOW

nice

why do people get so triggered by crts?

Either OP is a redditfag or stole a top post from that sub to make a template thread. Either way, OP is a fag.

see

Same reasons we used to get pissed off about bronies.

I had no idea bronies boasted superior darks and reduced input delay, thanks for letting me know

+comfy overall, good lighting
-also very ricer-y

+interesting setting, are you in a truck or something?
-Reddit-tier gaming laptop

+reasonably comfy-looking
-impractical, using a shelf instead of a proper desk

+reasonable in-concept, even if that computer looks like a toaster and you're using dated monitors and stuff
-shit chair

+looks fine, no problems here except…
-"DUDE WEED LMAO"

+not bad, I won't even knock you for the weeb shit
-Prometheus poster, looks like you're hiding Razr shit behind the chair

+good lighting, reasonable setup overall
-I can understand two monitors, or even 4, but why 3?

+cool keyboard
-le skyrim, also are you that user that posted a pic with your dick reflecting in the mirror?

+comfy-ish
-except it's not, where the fuck do your legs go? your poor back

+musical ambition
-awful pic quality

+generally reasonable
-shit place for trash can and subwoofer, shitty, tiny desk

+nice monitor and desk
-Razr shit, BAZINGA-tier figures

It's actually a K70 Vengeance from Corsair, but that's an older picture. Now I have the keyboard I posted in

Yep, a faggot indeed, even more than usual.
Why do these faggots even post here?
Whats the goddamn point?
Even worse are the shitstains that crosspost between here and cuckchan.

Thanks, my phone camera's busted so I can't get a better picture unfortunately.

I've heard conspiracies about marketers/shills putting them up but I'm not really sure about that. OP is a fag regardless.

All youth live in squalor unless they're supported by their parents or have managed to get a well paying job.

No

I post gunpla every now and then though.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the Mario Maker amiibos. Not sure if that makes it better or worse, though.

It is, I hate myself for giving money to nintendo and razer.

Fair enough. Your room layout looks shockingly similar though iirc.

Rate me faggo

clean your rug

Why your tissue box on the floor?

Bretty Gud, but your drawer is gross and should be cleaned. Also what and said.

The tissue box has been disposed of and I'm now cleaning out my drawer. Tomorrow I vaccuum (maybe, probably not).

Source on the image?

ぼくのぴこ

You got me good you motherfucker

+competent, solid setup overall
-you should kinda keep your drawer shut, and what's up with the tissue box on the floor? do you fap in your chair? or do you have the godforsaken allergies from Hell like me?

It's where I keep my coffee mug and my water thermos because I've got no room on my desk.
Yes.

It must be like sitting on a smelly water bed when you are not fapping inside it.

Get over it user, they are everywhere and always will be.
But I'll admit I freaked out when I was enjoying floating a river only to realize I was literally surrounded by these

I miss my man child cave.

I don't mind them as long as long as they're not inside my house my front/back yard are filled with redbacks.

What do you think the tissues are for?

Seriously though, could I have the source?

I don't even know if you're asking for the name of the series or the name of the specific doujin.
The series is ICHIKO. The doujin is バイブルブラック. English translation is on exhentai.

My battleroom, need some more shit on my walls though

is that an ash urn on top your TV? That`s a really bad place to put something like that, also hide your fap paper, people notice

Its actually a lamp. I dont fap though, but my cat likes to knock drinks over…

I would have believed you if you had left this out.

A fucking TV stand for a desk because there's no goddamn room, shitty monitor that's like 7 years old I got on sale with weird resolution and no HDMI ports, second "monitor" is just my TV sitting on the dresser nearby, case sits on the floor, I sit on my bed and am probably fucking my back up horribly but I'm sick of breaking office chairs by leaning back in them. I really wish I lived in a country with actually obtainable NEETbux because this is pure suffering.

You could try getting a job you know.

I don't have enough room to back up for a good panorama shot so I'll just break it up into 4. I got the (((mac))) almost half a decade ago for almost nothing and it hasn't fucked up once so I'm using wine and waiting for entropy to take its natural course on that front before making an internet games pc. Also stops me from wasting money or time on new releases, so there's that. I've got a dell tower with XP installed but no internet right between the chair with the console on it and the tv so I don't have to deal with emulating old versions. I've been cleaning up behind and in the desk because there's a mouse that moved in sometime last week and even with three mousetraps and a cat bugging me every night it still eludes me. I should probably use the wii u and ps3 more though.

Thanks mang, considering I liker the art I guess I was asking for the doujin.
Search engining Ichiko before you gave me the source didn't give me shit though.

user please stop this
I'm dying here

as of right now, messy

the Prometheus poster throws me off so much

nice z'gok you dirty child

panel line it you bastard, those revive kits have way too many details to not

the distance between the edge of your desk, the booze, and your mouse is giving me a fuckin aneurysm

What else are you going to do? No matter what OS, whether it be Linux or Windows you are still being spied on by your compromised hardware. Unless you're willing to game on pre-2008 hardware or on ARM your x86 computer is still compromised through Intel ME or AMD PSP.

rate, i'm going to fill that small bottle tonight

what do you just rip open packs of cigarettes and scatter them what gives

my cat jumped on my desk this morning, threw everything on the ground. they're empty tubes, cba putting them back in the box

Posting the waifu case because I'm hoping one of you anons has a good recommendation for lights.

www .j-junk.de/allgemeines/ikea-detolf-mit-leds-wireless-ultimate-version/
http:// imgur.com/a/h0hwb

is this your thing, you just add something to throw off everything else in your room like that promoethus poster among your weeb merch

The only reason I kept the funko pop figure it because despite being in the hospital, my little brother got me a birthday gift last year, and I can't possibly get rid of it because that'd be a dick move.

I did, the panel lines just kinda faded off though. I need better markers.

I'd say a simple LED stick-on light disks, attached to the underside of the glass projecting down on each tier.

Downside is when the glue eventually wears out it'll come crashing down on the figures, and turning them on involves pushing the disk in (or upwards in that case)

fair reasoning

Yeah I got one. A fire.

In that position you could get away with a light that sits behind it in the space thats left behind, projecting upwards into the case. This way you dont have eye sores inside the case (assuming everything isnt already)

Your computer is a lot different from your car or your house faggot.

Kind of wish the desk was a little bigger but the shelf it comes with is kind of cool

Not bad. Where do you get bad goy stuff like that black sun?

Pick that shit up before you waste hundred of dollarydoos.

Defeatism. There's still fewer things spying on you if you use Linux, and you might as well get used to using it for when you get non-botnet hardware. And wasn't the FX series confirmed botnet free?

Why do you treat your pc poorly compered to your house or car?

I still think they're cool

Close that pretzel bag. Do you want ants?

Rate :^)

i have those same blue glasses, they're very good unlike everything else in this image

Stickers from rifle parts and the black sun is from a dude on etsy, belovedvikingvinyl.

What stinks so badly in your room to justify that?

Where do your legs go?

Guess

My sitting position is uncomfortable at best but it works

kek

That's a long dick

for you

That's just cum pouring out of his ass.

Forgive phone.

I'd like to get some backlights for my monitor.
Saving up to buy a 1080p TV to use for my PS4 as well. Probably gonna put my FFXIV and Fate/Extella cloth posters up over my desk at some point too.

I still feel a bit cluttered with my setup though.

we probably did

what a mess. What game is that leaning on your tower though?

looks cozy user
why though

Very nice user.
I can't judge. I bought the pac-man one since there's no pac-man figures.

pretty good

My desk is covered in tools, parts, and cables, so fuck taking a photo of it.

Super robot wars V

very nice

hello case brother

here's my faggotstation, I live in my friends's basement.

Know what, I'll post mine, but it's kind of boring and clean. Featuring a bag of peanuts I was eating. PS4 is behind my second monitor and is what the TV above the desk is used for, was hard to get it in the shot. R8

enjoy your dust

Here's my specs as well

hello
Why would you put your PC on the floor like that? Poor thing.

that doesn't look very comfy user

You need to dust user.

Yeah, I know, it builds up pretty quickly.

it's pretty comfy actually, my bed is a few steps away and the lighting is cranked up so I could get a better shot, normally way more subdued. the chair I got off a dude on craigslist for $30 less than he wanted (some big neckbeard who was too fat for it), so it was really a steal. also I don't pay any rent, so that helps.

no kidding. I wind up dusting at least once a week now. Nothing intensive, but it gets annoying to reach over and adjust my monitor or tv and see all that dust accumulating.

ayy appearances aren't everything I guess then. Doesn't sound too shabby
damn. That's really fucking nice then.

Nah Six Flags New England, I wish I went to South Carolina.

It's there for being a bad case and ruining my desk's aesthetic. I'm going to fit it up here in a bit.

I have the exact same tower accumulating dust in a closet, that is until I stop lazing around and actually shove its HDD back in with a fresh install of Wangblows. Someone has been waiting for this for over a month right now. I sure hope you upgraded it, it's quite a piece of shit for gaming.

I am the 18-wheeler.

I actually haven't done anything to it except get a replacement PSU and fan. Got it as a prebuilt 7 years ago (Yeah, I know it's shit) and it is starting to show it's shittiness now. Hoping to upgrade soon, but right now I just can't afford to.

there's barely any room for that user, how will you fit it up there?
i'm 'bout ready to bully you. You still have that out from christmas?

the keyboard is actually a quick backup while I'm waiting for my new one

What is your cargo?

you make it sound like the keyboard is the only issue

I'll give you a few points for the X-Files though.

If you can at least afford a graphics card. From what I remember, it was what was the most desperately in need of. At least you can take comfort in that most fun games will work on it, even though you might not be able to run them on max settings.

What do you niggers think?

if it makes it any better my CRT setup is a lot less faggy. I could show it to you in just a bit.

how much do you actually like your job

That's what I'm saying, what can I do? That christmas bag has been there for two years, also it wasn't even a gift for me. It's just holding stuff.

Piccolo is best waifu.

I like it. It barely feels like work once you're used to driving like 6-8 hours a day.

If Truck Sim games are anything like reality, it seems like a pretty comfy job.

good to get the practise in now for later I guess

do it redeem yourself

too much light, too many drugs

well, maybe if you found another place to put the bible, desk calendar, and that gift bag, you could shift your monitor, keyboard, and mouse over to the left. Do you have another, bigger, christmas bag to put that other stuff in? :^)

At least with the desk calendar and bible you could put those on top of your tower.

I haul refrigerated freight, primarily. Right now it's dairy products.

It depends on the trip. Sometimes it's horrible and you can't shower for days, other times you work like 2 hours a day.

That was just a cattle pot at a rest area, was being pulled by a pickup truck.

Sexy

what coc gripper are you on? You DO still take the quest for hand strength seriously don't you user?

still on 1.5 unfortunately

Do you play euro truck simulator 2?

wait a fucking second theres no gripper in my picture

Why? Is it because of a lack of rest stops? Did you traveled more than you were suppose too? Is it like a normal 9-5 where you have hours you're suppose to work

what's wrong with a little stalking user?

When you're a trucker you still have work hours but there isn't much a person can do at 6pm in the middle of a highway so truckers just keep truckin.

What do you even game on that thing?

i guess nothing but i didn't think my posts in these threads would be that remarkable

Doom Mods, Torchlight 1-2, Diablo 2, Starcraft, E.Y.E.,Emulators, and some indies like Hammerwatch, Teleglitch. Volgarr The Viking, Risk Of Rain, Megabyte Punch, Gigantic Army and Warsow, among other stuff

Yeah, I can't get anywhere near max settings on most new games. I tried running Fallout 4 during the free weekend and it ran at a crawl at lowest settings.

we'll always be there to support you in your dreams

You're governed by the "hours of service" which is 4 clocks: 8-hour, 11-hour, 14-hour, and 70-hour. Allowing any clock to hit 0 and go into the negatives is an HOS violation, and you can be fined heavily for it.

8-hour starts the moment you go on duty, and ticks down in real time. You can refill this clock by doing a 30-minute break.
14-hour clock ticks down as soon as you go on duty, and does not stop. You can refill this clock with an 8-2 split break or a 10-hour break.

If you're driving in the back roads, there usually aren't any truck stops on the way, just rest areas or gas stations with gravel parking lots for trucks. Also happens if you have very little time to make your delivery on time, like I have to deliver what I have now in 24 hours, but I have to do my 10-hour break and it's a 400-mile trip (always plan your trips at 50 MPH to accommodate breaks, traffic, construction zones, etc).

So after 10 hours, I'll have 14 hours to do an 8 hour trip, which leaves me with 6 hours of wiggle room. It's not awful, but they may take 5 hours to unload me, at which point I'll only have 1 hour left to drive (14-hour clock) and I'll have to find a place to park.

What country are you from?

America. ID keeps changing because of cell towers + switching from my phone to my laptop.

Did you ever take amphetamine? Did you ever feel pressured to?

Oh. I'm from Brazil and my post is what happens over here.
Don't waste time eating burgers truckerbro.

You again.

Otherwise pretty comfy

Well shit, good luck out there user

No, but my brother did. He did meth to stay awake, but this was before electronic logs were more common, so he was able to drive for 20+ hours a day and log on paper that he was 100% legal. You can't cheat e-logs, they use GPS and are hooked directly into the truck engine.

If I have enough time, I'll stop and take a 2-hour nap to feel better. I hate driving tired, it's so uncomfortable and I feel like I'm gonna kill someone.

nice pony

ETS2 is what motivated me to get my CDL. Plus I got free tuition to a trucking school and it pays like $1000 a week.

Here ya go. It ain't the best but it's quite comfortable when I just want to play some old games. Also those dvds to the right are X-files seasons 1-8

Correct me if im wrong but isn't there a shortage on truck drivers? You have a lot of people retiring and not that many people out of high school or collage wanting to drive trucks. IIRC they recently increased pay to try to lure people into it.

I know they already employ a fuck ton of people and it's a go-to "oh shit I'm almost 30" job along with military

If you're thinking about trucking as anything other than a short-term thing, don't. Google is going to annihilate that job in the next ten years.

I didn't invest in anything. Long haul trucking is a solvable problem and the only question is how much money is it worth to solve. In the US, where most goods are moved by truck, that's a lot.

it's a tower workstation, it's beefier than it looks
this is true, but the Sun Microsystems X7200A is a classic piece of hardware

Thats pretty cool user. I have something similar. I see those brown and white shelving thing under the consoles all the time at thrift stores where i live.

becasuse this is not leddit, with its

oh that thing is to hold VHS tapes. My sister got it for me because I like collecting 'useless old things'.

Computer reliability has never improved ever since computers were invented. Think about how much stuff gets fucked up every time theres a minor computer outage, and they want to put billions of tons of that shit on the road? Computer science is mainly defined by its limitations and most of what computers were ever going to be capable of doing was already outlined by mathematicians long before they were ever built. It's the perfect investment scam because they can take people's shekels today and just say "any day now lol" when people ask why they haven't turned electronic circuits into people yet.

I as well collect VHS tapes so i get ya m8. I should buy one my self.

Its not something worth investing in right now. I would have said its a totally doable problem to solve but ever since those articles and videos came out of refugees setting up roadblocks and attacking drivers I would just assume that giving a driver a gun when he's delivering in high crime areas or back roads would solve things better than an automated truck that occasionally hits people or causes hundreds of thousands of dollars of lost or destroyed goods because someone found a loophole in its programing or was able to hack it remotely.

Most trucking goes along a handful of highways. You don't need to network anything, just line the roads with cheap RFID beacons. The only difficulty is other cars, and again that's a question of how much money you're willing to throw at it.

We live in an extremely strange society where attacking people is okay, but attacking the mechanisms of profit will get the hammer dropped on you. Inconveniencing a driver is fine because he's probably a meth-addled Trump bigot, a machine is politically innocent and that's the only kind of innocent that matters.

Nice. What consoles do you own? To play on your CRT I mean, not 7th or 8th gen shit.

They'll have them being driven via remote link from india, the complete working life of an indian is worth less than any robot truck will be

Genesis, SNES, N64 Original Xbox, and PS2. WIsh i had a dreamcast though.

He's a cripple. :')

Yeah dreamcast is fun when you get a good version that can run games burnt on discs. It's the oldest thing I own though. Wish I had a N64 again.

There are far, far, far, far too many factors to keep in mind to think that self-driving trucks are going to be a thing in the near future. My dad was a commercial airline pilot, and I have several friends who are actual commercial airline pilots (they fly the big jumbo-jets with like 300+ passengers). The planes are almost entirely automated, the moment the wheels leave the ground it's automatic. However, things can fail. The computer may not recognize that a system has just failed, and will continue as normal not realizing that they're veering off into the ground.

The same is true with trucking, a self-driving truck can't pre-trip itself. What if one of the U-bolts break? What if one of the tires get stripped? What if your inner wheel seal is leaking? What if your fifth wheel mounting bolt just snapped? What if your oil sensor is broken, and all your oil is on the pavement? How will a self-driving truck slide tandems, or do paperwork? How will it refuel? What about driving through the city, or the mountains?

More than likely there will be an "autopilot" function that eventually comes out, which will largely be just keeping the truck in its lane while going down the interstate, with a human driver taking over for the trickier stuff that a machine can't do.

You have to consider that these are large vehicles. 8 feet wide, 13'6" tall, 72' long, and they're combination vehicles. A combination vehicle has to be driven differently than an 8 foot long car.

God damn it Holla Forums go stay on your containment board.
Or are you all on discord now.
imgur.com/a/AnqjS
imgur.com/a/HYmrA

I'm almost 25 and I'm making $50,000+ a year with only a few months of training. I could quit my job right this second and be in another truck for another company within the week.

I could work at 3 different companies in a week, and they'd still jump through hoops to get me to join them.

I see people who can't find jobs out of college, crying that they have to work at Burger King because there are 600 people all fighting over the same 3 job positions. The first week I got my CDL, 8 different companies called me like 5 times a day, each.

Are you retarded, or just pretending to be?
That wasn't what he said at all.

Yeah i hear playing burnt stuff is nice. N64 is really good fun. Its the console im having the most fun buying and playing for right now. Its a blast.

What? They hate anime and "weebshit".

Even if that's as far as it goes, you can pay that guy a lot less. He doesn't need to stick to the rigorous schedule that was posted earlier, he can just nap across Montana so he can get more miles in per week, so you can employ fewer people, so you can use the sudden surplus of trained labor as competition against each other to suppress wages.

If you just want to post the imgur albums you can just do it, you don't need to fish for an excuse.

sounds good

I like the cat

my setup , mostly for casual gaming and work stuff

I drive a 2016 Frieghtliner Cascadia Evolution. This truck has an APU, a refrigerator, OnGuard, Lane Alert, a heater turbine, ParkSmart, a 1500W inverter, a DD13 12.7L engine, and an Eaton Fuller DT10 automatic transmission. These are all factory options. This truck cost almost $200,000.

The truck has sensors for basic engine function, and can tell me what the pressures and temperatures of various fluids are, as well as the general condition of the engine itself. However, it is not foolproof. Every morning I have to go up and down the truck checking for flaws. I've been driving before and one of my brake chambers has exploded, causing a catastrophic air leak that needed to be fixed. There were no codes tripped.

To engineer and install all of these sensors (on top of the radar sensors all over the truck and trailer.. trailers, by the way, cost about $60,000-$80,000 each) would cost millions of dollars, possibly billions, because it's both a hardware and software side. Plus, these would be factory options.. they still offer manual transmissions in trucks, despite automatics becoming the standard (automatics are really just manual transmissions that shift themselves.. some even still have clutch pedals!).

My basic, bare-bones truck costs $200,000. A truck this advanced could cost upwards of $2,000,000. Over 60% of the trucking fleets in America are very small, less than 15 trucks. They couldn't afford to spend $10,000,000 buying self-driving trucks, it's cheaper just to pay some guy $50k a year.

This is also ignoring the fact that large fleets still replace their trucks every 5 years (my company retires a truck when it hits 500,000 miles, approximately 5 years of driving). Why do they do this? Because the warranty expires, and previously acceptable downtime can become extremely costly.

So you're talking about a $2,000,000 truck that has to be replaced every 5 years, and you think this will replace a $200,000 truck and a guy getting paid $50k a year?

You're talking to a redditor, that's why.

Nothing terribly elaborate, or even flashy. Just a L-shaped desk with a hutch, but it fits my needs.

Also as I said before my ID keeps changing because I'm on cell towers. I'm the same trucker from before.

What the fuck is that PC case?

Weird, I was just thinking today about getting my CDL…

opiatefag is that you?

There's the weakness. It's not going to be small companies doing this, it's going to be big companies that can afford operate at a loss for years until they've squeezed out everyone smaller.

Even by your numbers the driver costs more than the truck, $50k/year vs $40k/year. Consider that a self-driving truck could have more uptime without mandated breaks, checks and maintenance could be done at centralized depots, etc. I know I'm not making a detailed argument because I'm an imageboard poster not a professional number-cruncher. Just understand that in nearly every industry labor is the most expensive part, and that means there's a whole lot of money to be made in reducing or eliminating it. It's a question of when.

I dunno, some sort of alien artifact I figure.

Even if it's self-driving, there will still be a licensed human sitting in the driver seat, getting paid $50k+ a year to do it.

Commercial airline pilots mostly have their jobs taken care of by machine. Guess how much they get paid? $300,000+ a year. Why? Same reason for the truck driver: if something goes wrong, a human has to be there to fix it. All it will take is a single fatal crash from 100% automated trucks for people to ban their use and require a trained human to be in the cab. They're already trying to ban self-driving cars because of similar accidents.

As much as I would like to continue arguing about how you will never replace truck drivers, I have a job to do in the morning. Goodnight.

Commercial airline wages start way, way below $300k, and they only get to that point after twenty years of experience.

Night lad, drive safe.

Pretty basic setup. No reddit-tier faggoty lighting or custom bent water pipes but it plays vidya.

Bonus pic of retro gaming CRT setup. Everything is connected via s-video.

Do it. It sucks for about 6 months, and I mean SUCKS. Crying, getting yelled at, screwing up, being homesick… but it passes. It's also great if you're introverted or a loner. Sometimes I can go entire days without saying a word to anyone.

(checked)
I was envisioning driving a box truck or something, more likely. Dunno if I can do OTR.

I'm pretty jealous of that CRT set up user. Is that 2 Playstations you own?

Nice. I need to get a better TV.

It's probably the bottle of insomnia pills behind the garage-sale lamp and 19" monitor.

Nice rig. Never seen a input switch used for consoles before.

I spent 10 minutes trying to get my entire setup into shot, but I can't.

Yeah, it's an old Pelican switcher I got from Gamestop or Best Buy or something probably 13 or 14 years ago. I was digging through my old closet a few weeks ago and found most of this stuff. I also have an RCA audio -> 3.5mm pass-through thing so I can use headphones with the entire setup.

Just one works eh? What's that thing below the playstation on top of the Tv? I can make out the words

It must be some sort of video switcher. So he can plug them all into it and not have to keeping unplugging and plugging in different consoles.

Sounds like the very thing I need at this moment. It gets bothersome changing the plugs on my TV in order to play on different systems.

Yup. An old Pelican one. Has composite and s-video. The labels are removable which is kinda neat.

Yeah im sort of in the same boat. Im actually going to buy one of those Home Theater things. And basically just use that for a switcher. I might want to try out a 5.1 surround setup as well. Especially for Xbox and PS2.

The convenience is absolutely worth it. My parents have a 32" 720p CRT that I want to get. All this stuff on a component switcher would be so cool.

Impressive. I gave up on consoles after I had by PS3, PS2, then the shiny new 360 all break down within two months of each other.

The only switches I use now are network switches.
I occasionally plug a cable in and cause a layer-2 flood that eats up the bandwidth when my little brother is playing WoW.

Shits getting reorganized, man is it a fucking mess in here..

Yes, the wood grain is awesome but holds heat like a bitch especially since this is a brick house. Thank god for installing a ceiling fan recently.

Still podcast and stream on twitch

twitch for fun, no donations, play vidya, talk vidya, meet new people

Gotta do something to pass the time.

SIEG ZEON

That is one comfy looking CRT you got there my man.

are you an invalid or something

can i move in?

Okay time to share mine. The PC games sadly really have no organized place to go to.

Looks better organized then my games at least. Can we get a close up of your ps2 games?

nah Im an introvert, fuck going out

vid related

Thanks m8, great little Toshiba I've got here.. sadly you cant get em this good anymore.

Nah, plan on moving here in the next year or two tops. Though I WILL wood panel a room in the next house.

Heh thanks, yeah let me get a close up for you. Ill also post my old school PC setup area. (Though only one of the old pcs are setup)

I remember that vid, great shit user.

Christ-chan would be ashamed of you.

Okay PS2 games.

Great collection user. I've only got a few games at the moment. Trying to collect a bunch of the good ones

Thanks, im trying to bulk up as well. Some PS2 games don't have cases such as Up Your Arsenal. So some are missing there.
What games do you have now? When did you start collecting?

I started collecting about 2 months ago after my friend lent me his ps2. he got into the millitary and some older guy there gave it to him before he was stationed elsewhere. Friend didn't have a TV for it so just handed it off to me.

I'll post my games in just a bit. Also the ps2 looks pretty cool with a RE4 decal.

Fucking great deal. A steal even.

Here's the only ones I own so far. Good thing about ps2 is that the games don't seem to cost as much as other older systems for some reason. Gamecube prices are insanely high on ebay and even old games stores near me.

Some great games in there. Nice little start. Also yes, PS2 games are really cheap right now. First party gamecube is really expensive and has been for a while now sadly.

Pretty happy with how my desk is right now. The bookshelf is an older picture because my current phone makes most photos look like I have Parkinsons.

The Nintendo games against that wood paneling is very cozy.

I like the lack of clutter on your desk though.

How are you not blinded by that enormous white floodlight beaming into your eyeballs from that close

Makes me happy for some reason. Wish we could have a CRT thread without the same fags coming in and shitting it up, crying 'hipster' bullshit every time.

Playing GameCube and watching tapes in bed on that thing is soooo fucking comfy. I pity the fags who will never know the joy of watching garbage action movies on a CRT at 3 in the morning.

fag

Why do reddit fags come here? You arent welcome.

My old phone would only focus if I had flash on for some reason. Give it a try.

I didn't get why it was a meme until recently. I've had my tv since 2007 and always used it for SNES/GC. Went over to my friend's house a few weeks back and played Melee on his giant 4k TV and the input lag was completely unplayable.

Fuggg, I want to get my VCR out now… need more space. I tape-recorded so many good movies off HBO/Stars/Cinemax 15 years ago.

Nice trips. I do play it with the original music but whenever I try out a new album I always play quake while listening to it. Although I wasn't actually listening to anything during that time. Just had spotify opened up. Also the album you see on that screen is The Fragile from NiN which also made the Quake soundtrack You probably knew this already

I like listening to his music while playing quake a lot.

It's a pretty bare bones phone, I don't even have any apps on it. I had to fall back onto it since a new phone I got completely shit on me, thanks Samsung. Jesus Christ you have no idea just how much I despise Samsung.

Better then apple at least

I want to agree with you but at the same time I'm somewhat split when you introduce Samsung into the equation. I'll always prefer a cheaper, lighter phone that I can do more with as opposed to Apple's shitty, expensive slabs of fractured glass. At the same time though, Samsung also can't manufacture for shit. They're a cheap Korean company that can't make appliances that don't break or even phones that don't fucking explode. The prior phone I mentioned had the screen go out completely after one drop with a case on it, whereas literally every single other portable electronic thing I've had has lasted me years. If I do end up getting another phone I'll probably spring for a higher end HTC, but I'm not a fan of the worthless bloated software they all seem to come with. Sage for off topic.

Anyways, nice speaking to all you anons. Seems like the thread is bumplocked so it's gonna die soon. See you all in the next battlestation thread

I didn't call others hipsters. I said anons go into CRT threads and call them hipsters for preferring a crt over newer HDTVs

Good taste, user.

The lack of figmas on desks in this thread is disturbing. You should at least have a NepNep figma.

Same. 8/v/ is the comfiest place on Earth to me right now.

That looks ultra comfy but kind of sad. Do you choose to have that setup or is your situation shitty and that's all you have?

there's nothing comfier than eating 2 weeks old pizza heated on the microwave while reading shitposts.

Not bad. I'd use that set-up

Neither, it's an old Something Awful pic.

Nevermind, I found one of fag's desk pics.

It's an ASUS ROG G20CB and it's not a case, it's a pre-made PC.

been a Nintendo fan since I was 2

You do know that it isn't good for your body at night to be seeing all this light.
And backlighting is for faggots.

That's right. Prevent eyestrain and use software to make your monitor visually palatable.

nelsonpires.com/software/dimmer/
justgetflux.com

You didn't remove the EXIF, so we can see details about your phone, but nice pics.

This thread is dieing but I'll still post my setup, I cleaned up a bit before taking.

Is this an activity room or do you sleep in there?

Yeah it's like a office

I just have two dumbbells in my bedroom, I'd like an office like that.

Buddy you are a lucky dog. Post close ups, and keep it safe from that delicious cake.

That's kind of fucking rad. Good for you, user.

Honestly no clue. I've moved it away from there since then but didn't feel like taking a new pic.