This particular part of the game is shit

Why do I see this quite often, usually when discussing Bethesda games?

Other urls found in this thread:

kuscholarworks.ku.edu/bitstream/handle/1808/4126/umi-ku-2515_1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In certain cases it might be applicable, but modding bethesda games is like polishing a turd, you're not fixing what's already shit at its core.

Bethesda games as a whole are garbage and no amount of mods can save them.
also this 99% most likely a one & done template thread

You don't deserve those trips.

So, the only argument is you just don't like the game?

I don't know, I was able to fix the bulletsponge combat and other minor issues, and now I'm enjoying the game.

Because those are mostly shit and by the point you mod out everything bad you could have installed a better game

Because it's not a real argument in favor of the game's quality. If anything, it's an argument against the game as it just confirms how bad the game is and how it needs to be fixed in order to enjoy it. All you're doing it saying
And most people don't want to have to fix something they've paid for in order to enjoy it.

This. It's like… Buying a house, and then discovering, once you've bought it, tht the foundation is missing on half the house.

But you can totally have your friend lay new one for you! That means the house you bought was okay, right?

It's not an argument because the company themselves should have fixed that shitty aspect of their game. Not some guy who does it(for free) so he can get some coding experience in and hope some game studio picks him up

nice trips
the reason mods fixing bethesda's fuck up is not an argument in favour of beshithda's games is because the devs should fix these issues as tyhat is their fucking job to begin with
but they leach of the modder community who does it for free instead
they are a shit dev no matter how you put it, and their games only become good when someone else fixes them
/tread

you're fucking right it's okay. then i just tell people "yea my house used to be kind of shitty, then my friend fixed it for free, what a guy. I'll let you know who did it if your house has the same problems"

Not very related to the topic, but I tried playing Far Cry 2 and 3, Crysis, and STALKER to scratch off the Fallout 4 itch, but they didn't deliver. They just weren't the same, even dull if I have to be honest. Not much of an option to me.

Yeah, but mods fixed it regardless. Like, why should I care about the companies? I just want to have fun, and mods improved the experience.

A base product is bad if it needs an additional, side product to make it good.

Let's put it another way: That movie you saw was shit, here, read this fanfiction that fills the plot holes. Now the base movie is good!

Now do you understand the fallacy?

thats a terrible fucking analogy. more like someone recuts the movie with added/removed scenes that fix all the plot holes to which i say yes its now good

I wanted to type a response, but the guy in vid related says 100% what I would have said.

That's great thinking. Just give me money for something I didn't spent any effort on

Nope, mods are entirely independant of the original experience. They're not in any way made by the original creator.

Let's say you're reccomending the game to a third party here, such as a friend. Why are you relying on modifications from an outside source for the quality of the product? Shouldn't it stand on its own? Wouldn't it be better to play something that doesn't need the extra effort?

Why are you advocating that people should do the work that devs should have done?

Why are you advocating the purchase of a product that you yourself admit to be incomplete?

Because bethesda fans operate in a cult-like manner where devs and mods are living images of god blessing the unworthy peasants with their attention.
Every piece of media is co-owned by the creator and the fans
Except bethesda products, if you dare complain about fallout/prey you'll get flooded with a mouthbreathing retards yelling "THEY OWN IT THEY CAN DO WHATEVER"

kuscholarworks.ku.edu/bitstream/handle/1808/4126/umi-ku-2515_1.pdf
here's a master thesis on how fucked up bethesda community is.

it would be better to have it stand on its own but im not going to pretend its still shit if someone else fixed it. like buying aftermarket parts for a car, the manufacturer didn't make those parts but id still say the car is good (if you get those parts along with it)

But it IS shit!

It's the MOD that is good, not the game!

just came here to say that this analogy is retarded

And just as they can "do whatever" in the brain of bethesdrone, it's not freedom and consequence, because in free market environment, if a retard makes a shitty business decision, he was free to do that, but now he has to suffer through the consequences of his idiocy.
It's absolute freedom, free of consequences, like in skyrim
You can join every guild, murder dragons before breakfast and NOBODY gives a shit, you can fight in a civil war that's the exact same for both sides, fuck even the achievement is awarded regardless of the side you chose.
And it's the same for bethesda community, they could release tes VI: Skyrim 2 as empty, textureless cells and just leave building menu and fans would eat that shit up.

What?

Fallout 4 has a lot of assets though, and mechanics here and there to connect them together, so the devs did spend effort. Mods just change a few already implemented values through GECK.

but you can't have the mod without the game. so you attach the caveat the game is good with said mod. like I'd recommend silent hunter 5 with wolves of steel mod. don't you ever think about playing this piece of shit vanilla

They totally could. I can see the marketing for it now: "Build whatever you desire and create a world of your own with your friends! Share stories and missions that the community created! Help the community create half the tools needed to complete their content! You can do anything! Eighty dollars, thanks."

Kill yourself you fucking shill. According to your logic, a brickmaker should be paid for every house that is built using his bricks

…Actually, he is. Because someone bought his bricks.

That is indeed what we're going to for Skyrim 2. We didn't want to bore players with unnecessary details(those dialogues and quests completely bore me) and wanted to give them completely freedom, you can do whatever you want! Don't forget to pre-order it for you and your friends

Maybe because if it is fixed, is no longer broken?

Leaving aside the hatred you might have or the devs, brand, series or whatever, if a mod actually fixes it you can play it with that shit part removed/reworked.

I don't see the problem.

Encouraging devs to release broken games is the fucking problem.

There's no problem in modding a game to make it more fun, there is a problem with claiming a game is good because you can fix it with mods.

Kill yourself.