Runescape rate thread?

Yo I just started this character like 100 days ago; how would you guys rate my progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/BitterRelentlessKathyPeanutButterJellyTime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why the fuck are you playing autismscape

Why the fuck aren't you playing runescape twink?

Pretty shit. No real skills. Runescape is fun, though. Good times.
Your gear ain't bad, for what that's worth. But, I question how you acquired that much profit off of those skills.

I ground crafting just for the guild. Then I started farming gold ore at the same one. I get like 8k per run, more along the lines of high 7k if I bring telerunes. Fast Cash

Also, is this a private server or what?

because I don't have autism and I don't want to waste my time something jewgex made.

No this is Old School Runescape (2007) by Jagex.

jesus christ lad, that is just awful

Your fucked mate.

What about his fucked mate?

he will never reach an effective EHP and therefore will forever be considered a shitter

I play f2p runescape only.

Shit man you could afk level up your magic killing the lesser demon at the wizards tower for a couple hours and have more magic levels than you got

I had completely forgotten about that sweet spot. Thanks for posting bro

Why ? You can literally play for free with bonds. F2P is a huge waste of time, you will hit your levels in any amount of time that is humanly possible. There is a video somewhere on youtube where a guy tried a from scratch, self reliant play through al the way to max stats in F2P, he had over 5000 hours logged and was maybe halfway there.

Is OS Runescape any good at capturing the childhood magic? [spoiler]I don't think I'm JUSTed enough to actually play it again,
I'm just curious.[/spoiler]
Also, was Dungeoneering ever good? I know it came long after most anons wrote the game off, but I had quit and popped in to see how things changed shortly after it launched, and it seemed really neat conceptually.

rate me

haha, no
dungeoneering could've been neat, but came after the game went to shit and was made a skill for no reason

The GE isn't even that bad, I always see niggers complaining about it. As if 99% of merching in the past wasn't just sitting in Fally park using an autotyper until someone PMs you. It was that way on Deadman mode a few months back and it made me hate that shit all over again

NZ schizo bernd?

what?

/thread

dont worry, I thought you were someone else

I'd take a solution for more trade communication so people can find deals more easily instead of automating everything through a machine. Still prefer no GE over GE.

yeah, the GE takes out at least half the appeal of runescape. I made a killing selling teletabs in lumby

My account got banned for botting even though I didn't.

Jagex is shit, and classic is shit too.

it's possible you account got hijacked then hacked on while they were playing, that's what happened to me… OP here

I've been meaning to play OSRS for some time now, but I lived 07 scape so I'm not in too much of a hurry to play it again. EOC isn't amazing, but it's still a relaxing game.

I respect runescape more than WoW because they listen to the fans more. Vanilla servers is something any MMO fan should respect from a company.

I got banned for getting my account hijacked and botted on. Im done with EoC

Damn man, that sucks. Jagex's customer support isn't amazing and the bot nuke got a lot of people that didn't bot banned and some accounts that botted weren't banned. Hell, not too long ago a ton of EOC accounts were accidentally mass banned. Most of them were unbanned and given 15 or so TH keys as a way of saying sorry, but Jagex needs to seriously get their shit together when it comes to account security.

someone hacked me, botted my agility to 83 and then got banned (after stealing my stack of death runes and zammy pages, cunt). I just put in an appeal and they unbanned me

I'm an ironman btw :^)

I only started using CrystalMathLabs so my EHP(efficient hours played) isn't accurate for the life of the account it will only be accurate from about January of this year, which is the same time I decided to come back to OSRS after taking a LONG break.
I basically maxed out my account all while playing some comfy Bloodborne during Winter Break. NMZ is top tier content.

Pretty much been busy, so the only thing I have done recently was AFK cooking while working on other shit. Kind of excited for the new Fire Cape, hopefully I can get some Jad tasks and get a few extra's.

You should get primordial boots if you have the money

How do you see what your max hit is?

I'm like level 10 and I've been working on woodcutting, but only have like 50k.
Should I buy a bond and then grind up enough gold to continue paying for it for free?
I want to be a member.

Yes, one bond and then it's pretty easy to sustain a membership through gold. Get your miscellania kingdom going and that will pay for most of a bond every two week

If its not on the base client, its because I am using OSbuddy.
Its just a Third Party client for the game officially endorsed by Jagex with tons of cool features. I only have the free version and it has more than enough for me.

I probably should.
I am going to be going for 85 Slayer soon. Max Melee would probably be better than having an SGS.

Check out YT and other places for "Bond in one Week" or "Bond in X time" videos. Find a method that will work with current prices and get on it.

You should really work on saving up for a bond. After you get one you can probabyl keep it up getting the 3mil or so required each week. I did it mostly by flipping items on the GE.

SGS is nice for slayer if you aren't just using prostelyte and protection prayers

Saving up for a bond takes a long fucking time in F2P even with higher stats. The couple bucks it takes for your first membership is worth it

May God have mercy on your soul.

I have better gear but I don't have members anymore.

we had a 8ch/v/ friends chat about a year or so ago. it was like 6 or 7 people only, but everybody quit. 2 people got hacked and the rest just got bored.

also, yeah, you can literally play for free forever if you buy bonds with in game cash. its a little hard at first because you have no real way to make money, but once you get a good couple of money-making quests in (like Miscellania) you make enough cash in the 2 weeks the bond lasts to buy another 2 or 3 bonds, and thats from AFK alone, if you don't have 200+ ping from living in a southern shithole you can even practice bossing for extra money.

i got my first bond from a guy who was in this situation

basically, since he made tons of money from being high level and already memby, he lent me one bond which i used to become member for 15 days, and made enough money to buy another bond, which i used again to keep playing and so on.

it took me 3 months (and 7 bonds) to pay him back but eventually i did, and by the time i did i already had quest cape and a 99. this was like a year and a half ago though.

now, the problem with OSRS is that they're slowly turning into a parallel universe RS3 with graphic garbage updates and shitty content updates no one wants, i quit before Raids came out.

also im wondering, did anyone ever figure out the Helm of Raedwald puzzle?

No the crack the clue puzzle is still a mystery. They say that all the information is there but I don't believe it.

I mean they poll every content update and it requires at least 75% to pass so I wouldn't exactly say that no one wants the content updates. Besides fresh content occasionally is a good thing. I honestly think the game would have died by now if they simply left it as it was at the launch of OSRS

Runescape is the nigger of the MMO genre.

How you niggers stack so much gold I will never know. I have around 1750+ total skill, nearly ten years on my account, a large amount of quests done, but never got beyond 20m.

mod Fat K thinks he's SOOO CLEVER with his shitty puzzle.

I never played for money or skills. I played because the game was a fantastic jew simulator. Everything way new, there were no wikis or guides, the game was being patched all the time, people were finding new things, it was the wild west of video gaming. It was insanely easy to trick people because there was always a chance you'd be telling the truth.

Now most MMOs are hugboxes that don't allow people to be tricked, they don't allow you to win by guile.

You're the nigger of MMOs

Drops from bossing are mad money combined with flipping items on the GE. Sharks and Rocktails are usually a solid investment when flipping.

I just made a new pure 4 days ago and I already have 20m on this account. Lel try grinding out clues or lava dragons or something. And if all else fails make a couple mil and go staking. That's where the real money is. I've never had a bank worth over 500m and there's niggers who can make 20b in a day staking

I don't play much anymore, maybe 1 or 2 days a week. probably gonna go the inferno in june

I know that feel, I've never even been past 5m. All I want to do is quest and explore stuff, not grind a skill for 2 days straight just to make 700k

you're the kind of retards who have 700+ indie games on their steam accounts because they were "just a dollar" on a sale aren't you?

compulsive buyers, thats what you are. ever heard of saving? maybe you should stop throwing your GP at shit.

I'm a frugal ass nigger. I barely use my gp and amass it. I even tried my hand at flipping, and that was going well but I kind of got lazy and stopped.

I'm only compulsive about doing quest and completing clue scrolls my dude

Yea im not buying it

Nice. A nearly maxed Zerker.
That takes me back.

My two accounts I had before the EOC happened where your standard main level 138 and a Turmoil Zerker. The Turmoil Zerker was OP as fuck. It was good times, simpler times.

Party hats and halloween masks are worthless in OSRS. They cost like 5k

What? I even came back for a while after the grand exchange but I guess im out of the loop. Didnt know that was a thing

Yeah sometimes jmods will log in and stream on the official runescape channel and spawn literally thousands of party hats and halloween masks in. They'll just run around the world and fill every gametile near them with partyhats and halloween masks. Also basically every holiday event gives partyhats as a reward so there's a lot in the game. For whatever reason jagex doesn't want to introduce "rare" items like that into the game anymore so they make sure they crash the market

Honestly that sounds like a good decision, that or just having a shop where you could buy previous holiday items.

its one of the few things jagex hasn't done wrong with OSRS.

seriously, 2b for a fucking cosmetic item is not a thing i want in my osrs

They have something similar. It's a guy who will give you back any untradeable holiday items you no longer have. Plus they give you all previous year's holiday items each holiday to make sure there's a lot in the game. I personally don't have a problem with it, seeing as there's still things that are extremely valuable who's value is dependent on rarity and not necessarily functionality.
For example 3rd Age gear that you get from clue scrolls aren't the most useful items but a 3rd age longsword still costs around 750m. So there's still rares just not certain things

feels pretty bad man. Just think. if you real world trade a 3rd age longsword that's like $800-$900 actual dollars

Good times, never saw any 3rd age though

Been playing Holla Forumsscape for a month or two now and it's been kinda fun after getting sick of all the garbage osrs updates, anyone else play it here?

not with those whooping 40 players m8

yeah it's a pretty small server but I've gotten enough player interaction to keep going

Biggest appeal has been the fact that it's actually much closer to 07scape than osrs but I've clocked a ton of hours into osrs before playing it so I'm kinda biased

Fuck right off you cunts, I don't want to sit in Falador for 30 minutes spamming just to unload some loot.

It was nice, on my 4th medium clue scroll I got ranger boots ~30m at the time then 5 clues later on my 9th medium clue I got another pair of ranger boots. I couldn't believe my luck

GOOD

i dont want to spend 45 minutes spamming that im selling my lobbies just for some retard to PM me saying he wants to buy them and then 15 minutes later when we finally meet up he says "lol sorry i was actually selling too :^)"

go fuck yourself sl4yerm4ster69

Are there any good rs1 servers anywhere?

If the trade isn't player-handled, it doesn't deserve to exist. I don't care what strife you have to go through to get it done, the real deal will always be more satisfying and true to the genre.

This, the trade never bothered me in the least. If I wanted something I could get it right away, if I wanted to sell something I could do it right away. Maybe once the playerbase dies it goes to shit but it wasnt anywhere close to it back when I played.

I would use the forums to organize meet ups for trades.

fuck you then. i didn't want to waste an hour of my childhood trying to sell virtual goods.

Dont try to sell crap then, what the fuck were you even trying to sell if it took you that long? Or was it just overpriced as fuck

Just fuck my shit up fam

nah, fuck you m8.

the GE was a good thing. they ruined the game with WOW shit and cosmetics and pay 2 win "lamps". but not with the GE.

Im agreeing with you you walnut

The GE trade range for items helped thwart merchants who would flip or manipulate prices too. Though RS has a serious inflation problem because of Hi Alch. Imagine if they halved the xp for high levels in skills and removed alching entirely. Completely difficult economy

Haven't touched runescape in a long time, I decided to play a bit of it a day ago and it wouldn't start. So I tried to reinstall it and it says I needed a windows update, anyone know what the deal with that is?

I remember that, shame there wasn't a lot of people by the end, would have been fun to do shit as a group.

That right there is the fifth clue. Now let's talk about the clue. Can we talk about the clue, please, Holla Forums? I've been dying to talk about the clue scrolls with you all day, OK? "Ten N Five W," this name keeps coming up over and over again. Every day Ten N Five W's clue scroll is getting sent back to me. Ten N Five W! Ten N Five W! I look at the posts, and this whole clan chat is Ten N Five W! So I say to myself, "I gotta find this place! I gotta go up to the Wildy and put the spade in the goddamn dirt! Otherwise, it's never going to get found and we're going to keep coming back down here." So I go up to the Wildy and what do I find out, Holla Forums? What do I find out?! There is no Ten N Five W. Raedwald does not exist, okay? So I decide, "Oh shit, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper." There's no Ten N Five W? You gotta be kidding me! I got boxes full of Ten N! All right. So I start marchin' my way down to the Nature rune in the Wildy and I say, "Nature rune! Nature rune! I gotta use you to find Raedwald." And when I get to the area what do I find? There's not a single goddamn nature rune in the Wildy! There is. No. Nature rune in the Wilderness. Holla Forums, half the findings for this clue have been made up. This game is a goddamn ghost town.

fav game

Wake me up when there is an "oldschool" oldschool runescape a.k.a what OSRS started off as and slowly drifted from guthix's light.

there was that Holla Forumsscape but it's dead as you'd expect

Why the fuck do you have void gloves on? What are you doing with yourself

Not just GE faggot, It was initially sold as being a similar situation to RS Classic because they failed to get the numbers for a full time dev team, then gave it a full time dev despite that.

I was rank 2 in the highscores right up until they announced that they were going to poll players on important updates, that is the worst shit you can do so I quit on the spot and can gladly look back on all that time I didn't waste on the fanfiction tier shit they are calling "oldschool" these days.

Why did DarkScape have to die, bros?

Because Jagex is a retarded fucking company and only saw darkscape as an advertisement for RS3

I don't understand just how many versions of this game are out there. What is this one everyone is playing?

because Jagex doesn't know what the fuck to do with themselves, all their projects that aren't RuneScape or OSRS die off immediately due to lack of support or attention

There's three versions of the game
OSRS is the one we're all talking about

Gotcha, thanks.

Only two official Jagex versions.
Runescape
Old School Runescape

Then there are different accounts you can make Ironman, Hardcore Ironman, Ultimate Ironman. All these accounts play on the same servers as regular accounts, they just get a special pin next to their username.
Ironman is a self reliant account, no trading, no GE, you must get everything yourself.
Hardcore Iron man is just Ironman but no deaths, if you die you revert back to regular Ironman.
And Ultimate Ironman is a regular or hardcore but with the added challenge of no access to a bank.
There is also Deadman mode which comes in seasons. This plays on its own servers. Its basically a PVP everywhere mode where players earn 10x the EXP. If you kill a player, they lose EXP and you get to raid their bank. Its pretty neat, but its dominated by clans making it hard for a solo player to get into it. But if you do, it can be a very lucrative experience, as people will pay for Deadman items for Gold in the base game at usually high rates.

Not sure about Runescape, I think they pretty much have the same deal.

Pretty much the same, but there is no Deadman and Ultimate Ironman. Ironman mode is the same, but Hardcore Ironman has 2 buyable lives and running out of lives results in permadeath.

What's this Nightmare Zone shit I need to do to imbue my slayer helm?

Nightmare Zone is a gauntlet of quest bosses like Elvarg, Count Draynor, the Dagonnoth mother, etc. It's in Yanille, you can teleport to it in the Minigame tab

how long does it take to imbue my shit?

Not very long, just look up a Nightmare zone guide.
I assume you are decently leveled and complete a few quests.

the guides tell me to spam pray potions and use full dharoks which i don't have, nice fucking minigame bullshit

I can't really imagine myself coming back to this other than maybe for Deadman mode. Grinding up all those levels again just makes me want to shoot myself in the head since I spent so long perfecting my PKer only for PVP to die with EoC.

It all depends on your levels, you could just use Prayer Gear and a whip/dragon weapon. But it would probably take a while and there are probably more efficient ways to level up. You should probably just wait, imbued Slayer Helm is a bit more of an end game sort of thing.

But once you hit the 80's in your combat skills, DHing at low HP with Absorption pots is the best way to go. You will get anywhere from 90k to 150k exp per hour, its by far the fastest way to level up, its also 100% AFK.
I got a majority of my levels maxed all while playing Bloodborne. Probably about to do the same for Defence and Attack while I play Nioh.

This is a speedrun for Runescape.
This also serves as a perfect explanation as to why you should not play Runescape.

tl;dw

runescape 3, not oldschool

That's just for efficiency, you could just keep playing NMZ and get enough points after a while

Okay here's what to do at NMZ user. To start out load up on the best prater gear you got. Proselyte or Initiate armor. A god blessing, probably a peaceful blessing as it's the cheapest and a bunch of prayer pots.
Then choose the bosses that have the highest point value which don't require something special to kill it. So don't choose daganoth mother or any of the recipe for disaster bosses. Check on the wiki to find which has the high point values. Make sure the things that are attacking you only attack with melee so you don't have to prayer switch. Now kill things until you get about 100,000 points or so so you can afford to buy absorbtion potions and overloads from the NMZ reward shop.

Now use your best combat gear for your max attack bonus and load up on absorbtions with a few overloads. Now choose all the bosses that give high point values still as long as they don't require something special to kill. Use a dwarven rock cake to damage yourself to 51 HP then enter NMZ.

Once you get in NMZ take your overload potion and it will take you down to 1 HP. Then load up on absorbtions. Now sit back and let autoretaliate do all the work.

Because your HP is at 1 the max damage that is taken off your absorbtion is 1. A single dose of absorbtion potion absorbs 50 damage so that means at a max hit of 1 the enemies will have to hit you 50 times to drain a single dose of absorbtion potion. Each potion can contain 4 doses so if you fill up with 19 absorbtion potions and 8 overloads. That is 3800 times the bosses have to hit you. Now all you have to do is take a dose of overload every 5 minutes so your HP stays at 1 and also guzzle a piece of rock cake so you stay at low HP. Now you can AFK the NMZ for hours only having to click your screen once every 5 minutes

this sounds retarded, are you sure it's not patched?

I'm literally doing it at the moment

I like this video, but in all reality, who the fuck is going to drop 13k on a video game ? You would have to be insane. This guy was able to do it because he has a successful YT.

He was able to do it because some rich fuck sponsored him to do it. Or so he claimed. But just the fact that it's possible kind of ruins RS3.

RS3 has been ruined since EOC.

I tried playing a bit as I wanted to do some quest chains that happened after 2007 but I just couldn't do it

You can give Jagex $13,000 and minigame your way to mastering every skill in the game.

yeah I'm doing it now, this is retarded
I only want to imbue my shit, i'm not abusing this to max stats

If I leave NMZ early will it save the amount of absorption active?

No That absorbtion is gone. So only pot up to 200 or so if you don't mind watching it

Fair enough, I did that from like 80-85 attack, strength and defense but stopped because it was too cheap

fuck, I potted up to 1k and then realised it's 2AM

Well I mean if you make a decent amount of points then the few you spent on absorptions won't matter

underrated post

Holla Forumsscape has x2.25 EXP gain and infinite run energy. By going a few quests you can get your combat levels up into the 40s and an hour of flax picking will get you enough seed money to do whatever you need to.

There are around 14-70 people on the server at any one time and the global chat is pretty active. You should give it a chance.

Didn't even notice this post before

Average of 10-40 people, which means the world is always completely empty. It would be great if it was more popular, but dreams will be dreams.

Got tired of Holla Forumsscape and made a new character for OSRS, any active 8/v/ guilds around?

I'm just going to leave this here.

what is that supposed to be?

?

I think it's just that I've burned out completely on MMOs. The gameplay, the grind, i just can't get back into it again.

The leaked logo for Runescape Remastered. The game was revealed at a Chinese expo late last year and Mod Shauny accidentally showed off the logo on one if his newer streams.

Is it going to be another graphics changeup? If so I don't think anyone really cares, last time I played the game it really felt like the same game just with shiner graphics and higher production values.

Very little is known about it, but it's believed to be an entirely new game. There was a poll not to long ago that asked what players would like to see done with Runescape in the future and a ton of options that came out on top included things that the current version of RuneScript can't handle. They said in a followup stream that they would work to make most of what the players asked for a reality, but things like cross platform support would require writing an entirely new game.

An entirely new game huh?
The one thing that comes to mind is real time combat but my experience with that in mmos is that it sucks the utmost of dick.

who gives a fuck, 90% of their playerbase will still play old school

Oh baby. I dont know when they updated Nieve's Cave but this is great. I got a Fire Giant task last night and gave up because I absolutely despise having to world hop a thousand times to find an open world.

But now with the changes to the Cave, my home world is empty and open, now world hopping. So nice.

top jej, Holla Forums.

are you legally retarded?

there's like 200 quests. and they aren't just "go kill X of Y". they're quests that actually require reasoning and puzzle solving skills.

or at least they did before the internet moved into the age of the wikis. but still, they got pretty good sidestories going on, destiny and memelands don't.

Cool, hopefully that helps Jagex shape the new game into something closer OSRS and less like EOC but if Darkscape has taught us anything, then that wont be the case.

I'm uncomfortable with how accurate this is about me.

never played this game before, but it looks like the whole thing is just grinding up your skills
is there anything more to it than that? whats the point of playing once everythings 99?

Do it again and see how fast you can do it this time

See

Also there's pking, bosses which are fun and challenging, mini games, or you can just be a faggot who stands around all day amd ERPs. Also getting everything to 99 would take a few thousand hours of nonstop play. To put it in perspective. The xp required to get a skill from level 1-92 is only half of the xp you need to get to 99. Some skills also are just goldsinks so to max them you need hundreds of millions of gold which is difficult to acquire. Maxing is no small feat in runescape

read the thread also that's runescape 3 retard, not Oldschool

This video is the epitome of autism.

A Friend is probably autistic, he might even be one of us if we were to judge his porn habits.
He uploaded a a raw footage video once to prove he did something legitimately on his Ironman account before the Official Ironman mode came out. And at some point in the video his torrents popped up and it was filled with Japanese loli porn.

Well I mean he claims his youtubing makes him more money than a doctor makes in Lithuania so it's paid off for him

Source on that Chinese expo part?

v3.0 != Runescape 3

200m all

truly the ultimate form of autism

Anyone remember the Falador Massacre?

one of the most historic moments of runescape.

lulz and tears were had by all

I have some bad news, user.

What are the worst Houses on Zeah and why are they Lovakengj/Hosidius?

So just buy a fuck ton of compost and saltpetre and get 100% in like half an hour

What the fuck is this shit, I came back when god wars was the big thing but quit again a while after.

so were raids ever released?

New continent with 5 houses, you have to earn favour in each house in order to use its functions. Lots of Game of Thrones references, a skilling boss fight involving Firemaking, Woodcutting, and Fletching, and raids, which was asking about

It's a work in progress and definitely needs some fixing/other additions, but it's still worth going there and seeing what's new

I went there for the first time today to cash in my ensouled heads, free 100k prayer xp

and the whole is practically a wow-oriented "city". even the visuals feel like taken straight out of wow. all of it is """optional :^)""" unless you hate leveling up because all of the best leveling spots for like half the skills in the game are in there, locked behind "house favor".

every NPC with an avatar head is uncanny valley AS FUCK. remember when the avatar heads in the dialogue box looked like funny low poly caricatures? well, not anymore, they added more polygons for a SUPER REALISTIC LOOK WOOOOOW except now they all look like beautiful squidward from that spongebob episode.

but hey don't worry ITS ALL OPTIONAL BRO even though they don't even develop new content for areas outside it anymore

Man I really need to get around to Zeah. But every time I look up guides for them I get discouraged as fuck. The amount of repetitive grinding you have to do to get 100% favor is astonishing.

I want access to the WCing guild, I want to be able to fish Anglerfish, I would like access to the Hosidius Range, I also would like to try out the Blast Mine which is supposed to be good exp/profit for Mining. The place has some amazing benefits but the grind is unreal and tedious as fuck.

Only house I have 100% in was Shayzien and it was tolerable because I just used a cannon in the pit, I also got a DWH drop in under 1k kills.

Did you start it before they added the quest that boosts favour gain by x2? It's a lot more tolerable now and doing the quest lets you explore the area trying to find all the stores

Nope, I didn't even know that quest existed.
Came out this April, I will get on that asap.

That will definitely make doing Zeah a lot more manageable, it also comes with free 20% boost for any house. Which I assume means you would then have to finish which ever house your choose because the decreases in favor would still apply.

so did anyone get that new bow that hits 80+? was it nerfed yet?

I believe the old clan name is "8ch v" without the quotes. Last time I went on there were a couple of regulars who refused to quit playing even after the rest of the clan got bored/hacked and quit. I wouldn't mind getting back into it, so I'm sure some of the others would be willing to join again too

This thread is making me want to play it again but I keep remembering the gameplay and give up.

ah yeah, 8ch v

i remember tyrone and Sirchicknman, the two guys who got their accounts hacked. and also the guy whose old name was Dysnomia (yeah, like the Holla Forums mod, except it wasnt the Holla Forums mod). cant remember the names of anybody else sadly. i know the 2 who stayed were the Holla Forumsfag GloomAndDoom and some other guy, 'red'something?

i dont think im up to starting this cancer again…

Dungeoneering is pretty fun, basically the only part of the game that anyone can do, takes skill to do decently and autistic attention to detail to do perfectly. Of course Jagex has been trying to crush that out with microtransactions, not to mention it gets easier and easier with every broken new update to combat. It's the only thing I still find fun in this shit game these days, not for their lack of trying.

(checked)
If you mean the layout I'm completely with you. I had everything perfectly lined up until they shrank the main actionbar. I set it up so I don't have to move my eyes from the center of the screen when doing dungeons. I have an automap overlay that goes over the bottom right corner of the hud as well.
If you're just generally disgusted by the RS3 UI, there's not much I can do there.

If RS3 added the whole skillbar thing then yea, jesus did they go full "we want the WoW audience"?

Wouldn't surprise me, they've been going down muh deepest lore path for the past ~5 years.

You're a big guy

For you

Honestly, I miss Dungeoneering.
Pre-EOC Dungeoneering was the shit. I had a Maxed account with most stats approaching the 90's some legit, some botted and it was always fun doing a Dungeon.
It kind of made you work with others too which was fun even with random people, because normally I only interacted with people I knew irl on RS. Good times.

I want to get back into RS3 but every time I log in I instantly log out again. I don't even know what I would do, membership or not. What do?

RS3 is cancer. don't.

"bernd" a reference to the deutsch chan.

For those doing NMZ, don't even use overloads. If you get hit once after being afk you lose 51 points. Simply go 1 hp via rock cake put it at the bottom right of your inventory so you can spam right click left click on fullscreen to drain hp, pop def/str/ata pot and get a program that automates your 2x restore HP stat prayer to click to activate. Tapping the prayer on and off will reset the HP regen timer to ZERO. This is how the good boys do it, and you don't get caught "botting" unless you prayer flick protect melee, which is seen by others when you get out of NMZ. I set the prayer to click once every .6 seconds or so along with Chivalry prayer (20% str-atk-def) and my prayer never drains.
You can literally go afk for an hour doing this, even 2 hours.

right down to the arena size, requirements, and mob designs

Looks like I didn't need to level up in range

I just got my account locked for no reason, FAK U FAGEX U FUCK UP EVERYTHING

and osrs?

today on "Shit I pulled out of my ass"

nobody knows what "NextGen" is at this point, only that it exists.

why? there has to be a reason for that

better than the massive condensed amount of pozz that is RS3, if you definitely need a fix of runescape, go with osrs

awe yeah making them flips

woooow user you're such an expert merchant, you're going to break the economy with those sick flips.

what's this bullshit? is it some java shit? god fuck java.

so i went in through the browser mode just to check if my account was safe, still is… i got 12 million GP and a safety bond in case i get the itch to start again

i've been off for a whole year and they only added 2 fucking quests, one of which is the "halloween event" one so it doesn't really count, they just made it a F2P quest instead of a seasonal thing.

god fuck these devs and their shitty ass priorities. everyone in jagex needs to hang by their balls.

Meanwhile rs3 is getting 4 new quests on monday.

menaphos is still closed off, after all these fucking years.

The Inferno looks like its actually a challenge.
It seems like you need top tier gear to even be able to get through it. I dont think anyone has beat it yet, I think I will wait till people start discovering the best methods.

RS3 is getting Menaphos in less than a week.

Yeah, the devs just confirmed that no one has beat it yet, wave 68 is 3 jads apparently and no one has even made it to the final boss yet so it's still not revealed

yeah too bad RS3 fucking sucks.

you know what year we're on? its current year +2, which means 2017 of our lord and savior jesus christ, people have been waiting for menaphos for nearly 15 fucking years now.

and they're going to ruin it with memes, mark my fucking words.

I dont get how you are meant to do three jads at once, unless they are timed to attack you at separate intervals, because if they attack you at once with two different types, you are fucked.
However I could see it being more manageable if Jad 1 attacked, then Jad 2 attacked, then Jad 3 attacked and just repeated that cycle and all you had to do was live in the prayer tab.

Interesting none the less.

The combat isn't amazing, but the skilling is still chill and the quests are fun.
Better late than never I guess
Did revengence teach you nothing?

I just watched some streamer do it and it looks like they're staggered so they don't all attack at once so you just have to switch more often and then deal with the healers while switching.

Just got revealed, its not

Some of the quests are fine, but the writing quality has gone completely downhill since around 2011. I tried playing RS3 again after I found out about Dimension of Disaster and even though it had a great concept and setting, the dialogue and examine text was fucking abysmal. I'm expecting Menaphos to be on par with what I saw there; great concepts and ideas, horrible execution in the final

What is it then?

From what I saw, it appears across the lava.
A moving blockade appears between you and it.
You must run along the blockade and take pot shots at it from behind cover.

It then starts spawning in monsters in the middle, Ranger and the Mager, if you move out from cover and the boss hits you you seemingly die instantly.

The guy who made it hit the boss twice, then got rekt by a 50 something because the boss hit him as he was distracted by the minions.

Yeah I think it's been confirmed that the boss 1 hits you if you move out from behind the cover. From what I saw the monsters that spawn behind you also attack the cover so you need to take them down or else they'll destroy the cover and you get 1 hit by the boss

what i missed about rs is that people were more friendly and helpful back then. today everyone just wants to have 99 lvls because they have autism

People afk a lot or watch movies or play on a different account while skilling so a lot of times they don't notice you typing until they actually look at the screen for more than half a second

yo' dawg…

RS3 gets menaphos.

and we get this powercreeping bullshit.

God damn, I put in a solid 4 hours DHing the new level 221 Tzaar-Ket trying to get the new armor. No luck, managed to get 3 mauls though, which I think is pretty lucky as they have a 1/512 drop rate.

I dont even know if it will be worth trying tomorrow, because I don't see any way this armor remains rare or even valuable. It requires 60 defence and its defense stats are far worse than Rune. Maybe it will spawn some new types of pk accounts, that is the only way I see the armor retaining any value.

Everyone on reddit calling it dead content, but it's decent XP/hr and extremely AFKable

Yeah they added a few nice skilling spots in the new Tzhaar area, overall it seems like a decent area. Not completely empty like Zeah was on release

Yeah they added a few nice skilling spots in the new Tzhaar area, overall it seems like a decent area. Not completely empty like Zeah was on release>>12689218

How many days do you think it'll be before it's cracked? Two? Four?

Just woke up, has my boy Woox not done it yet?

why am i laughing at this filename

Imagine how many people would still play if not for EOC and the shitty 2007 update.

2007 was truly a horrible year…

can you sell gold in RS for real money? whats the going rate?

accidentally made this post in another thread

it's literally from reddit

You can, it's a little over a dollar per million gp

where though? and how do you avoid getting banned to shit?

oh yeah, also, bear in mind im talking about OSRS, RS3 gp is practically worthless. in fact RS3 GP is worth about 1/10 of what OSRS gp is worth, i know because i did goldswitching once on this one website ( i dont remember the name) i gave them 54m of an account that i used to play RS3 on and i got around 8m in OSRS.

said the man right before getting hit for 73.

O N E H U N D R E D A N D F I F T E E N D A A M A G E

Why does every stream have such god awful music ?

I actually like some of the streamers for the community, but the music is awful, example the guy up to Wave 61 right now on Twitch must have a playlist of "Top 100 Hits: Now That's What I Call Pleb." Its like listening to a radio station., or I shudder the thought MTV.

Either they are pleb themselves or they go with "shit list of mainstream garbage" for the viewers. Gotta appeal to that wider audience :^)

I would get back into runescape if it weren't for a few things.

So much wasted potential.

Are you talking about RS3?

clips.twitch.tv/BitterRelentlessKathyPeanutButterJellyTime
That crasy fucker Woox finally cleared the inferno.

Rate

HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

fucking hell this guy.

lmao, i knew it was going to be him
the guy is just unstoppable

is he the reincarnation of Zezima?

Damn, it was getting close at the end.

It appears that when the boss spawns in minions, if you dont get them to tank on you then they will attack the pillar and I would assume if the pillar dies, its game over.

The mechanics aren't really that hard, you just need to have ample DPS and absolutely no panic, if you missclick once your pretty much fucked. But, it does appear that the boss attacks fairly slowly. Looks like the hardest part is when the healers show up, they looks like they can combo you easily. That or having to face another Jad, while keeping yourself in cover.

He guessed it took around 60 mil of supplies or something

I miss the young naive days of runescape ;w;

part of me wants to go back, but OSRS has also became a singleplayer powercreep wankfest too, they just add these whacky super boss challenges now instead of making quests.

seriously the only people who get any entertainment of new OSRS content are absolute madmen like Woox.

Dungeonering was fun, but you can never EVER find a group who wants to have fun, they're all rushers who want to max out exp/hr instead of enjoy it.

They only really added the one whacky super boss challenge. They also added an entirely new part to the tzhaar area with new skilling spots and monsters to kill. They also did add a couple new quests. Monkey Madness 2 which was a fun and challenging quest. Misthalin Mystery which admittedly was the halloween even but it was such a fun little quest in the same vein as the original quests that the community requested that it be added as a free to play quest. It's not a crazy lot of effort but it's still something. Also there's that client of kourend quest which is pretty low effort run around and talk to people quest but it hints that it might lead into more. Honestly I think they're going to be adding more and more quests in the future as people keep requesting them. I think it's just a matter of time. One of the mods was talking about a possible continuation of the Fremmenik quests so there's that too.

Just learn to pray flick and wait for woox to create a guide on it that goes into exactly how to do it

i wonder why don't they just port the plot relevant RS3 quests to OSRS. like elemental lab III, the morytania ones, the Sea Slug one, and so on.

only relevant quest we got in all this time was MM2, they changed their focus into this kourend shitland instead of the main continent because it gives them more freedom

R8 M3

pretty nice for just 18 days.

I haven't played in a while so I think I'll start up a new account, I was balls deep into 07scape but I was already doing the Holla Forumsscape thing for months prior so I ended up getting burned out. Are the bonds just jag finally getting a cut in the gold selling by becoming the middle man themselves? Whats the average price?

rulecucks and sjw mods, broken content up the ass, no GE and no people to sell your stuff to
40 players at peak hour, no GE and no people to sell your stuff to
shitex dropped support for the main continent, all they care about is their self-fanfiction land of kourend AKA WoWtown. minmaxing faggots.
cosmetics, pay 2 win, memes, fan pandering, GRAFIXXX, group content is all dead thanks to minmaxing faggots. remember when you could run this shit in your internet explorer in windows 98 with the integrated chipset of your motherboard? NOT ANYMORE FAGGOT, better buy a GPU now!

the magic of the game burned out after the age of internet wikias came. now it runs on pure nostalgia unless you're an e-celeb making money out of it. when your nostalgia runs out, thats it. you're bored.

The thing is, some of the cooler quest lines in the game already have continuation in RS3.

The Elves, Morytania, Mahjarrat, etc. they all have "Master" or "Grandmaster" quests in RS3. Which is a shame because I would love to see the continuation of these quest lines in OSRS.

Although I do remember a Dev Stream where they talked about the possibility of a Desert Treasure 2, so who knows, maybe they will just add quests to these storylines and have different outcomes for them making the game an alternative timeline to the base game.

I would like to see a continuation of the Slug Menance storyline, I don't think they even did anything in RS3 for that quest.

You ranted a bunch but didn't actually address my question. No shit its about nostalgia though, I played back when Classic was the main game (that is dead now right?). I'm just burned out on my main games and want to kill a few afternoons then forget about it again.

sorry, i didn't see the bond question. i thought you were asking where to play.

the bonds usually average 3m GP each, but the price fluctuates a bit between 2.7 and 3.2 million GP. if you have the levels or the correct quests done, you can make that much back on 15 days (what the bond lasts) with just Varrock Battlestaffs i'd say bare minimum to buy your bonds on staffs alone is all Hard tasks complete making money in RS is super easy with all the "Task" rewards and silly shit like farming.

if you're going to make a new account, i can lend you a bond if you promise to return it later once you've settled, guess it means i'd also start playing again… hello darkness my old friend

Jesus H. Christ, what have they done?
Why did they ruin RuneScape not once, but twice?

Yes. I'm not a fan of the next gen graphic bullshit that they did.

Kourend is pretty cool.
I wish they would add some quests for the place to add more lore to it. But the existing lore for it is pretty neat.

a new continent is not a bad idea in concept, they just executed it horribly wrong. by taking inspiration from WoW. i mean anyone who looks at it can tell its clearly taken a lot of material from it, the color palette, the aesthetic, the "houses" situation, those autistic bright-primary colored crystals coming out of the ground.

all they needed to do, was PORT the goddamn RS3 quests into OSRS, and expand upon them. thats it. but nope, they had to be retarded about it because its jagex, they make content for Woox and a dozen other autistic streamers to stream about instead of making content for regular people.

and now shitscape 3 is getting Menaphos, because the OSRS userbase didn't wait 15 years for it, nah.

Yeah, the new RS3 armor models are awful. But I loved the original HD update, released back in June 2008. It didn't change the armor models or anything. I really want OSRS to get that update, since I spent a lot of time with RS looking like this. Embed shows how it looks, and is an unofficial client mod that has been temporarily shut down to be looked at by Jagex since people were mistakenly getting banned for botting while using it. Best case scenario could be it becoming official at some point.

I really don't get why Jagex would shut this down.
Jagex really gets into some shady shit honestly.

OSbuddy is pretty much their approved third party client. On OSbuddy, if you pay membership for it which is only about 2 dollars a month I believe, you get access to a TON of useful features. One of those features is an openGL mode which makes the game look like 2008 style graphics.

Do they get a kick back from OSbuddy who I believe is an ex-Jagex Mod so they shut down competition for OSbuddy ?

no, there's still loads of other clients that haven't been touched

graphic shit ruined runescape.

for how much people bitch about GE. the real fall started when they decided to change the graphics and the combat.

It was shut down, but on good terms. See, to the automods and JMods, the scripts used by the client look like a bot client. They dont mind the OSHD client, but they dont want anyone to get falsely banned for using it. So, they requested they take it down and have a look at the code. Should be back up soon.

The graphics updates before all the awful armor and weapon model changes were fine. EoC was the worst thing to ever happen to Runescape, though.

The Boatman's only gone and bloody done it!

nigger

Thanks for the offer but I doubt I'd actually stick around for long enough to justify, more own curiosity. Barely even know where to start anymore outside killing cows, maybe I'll just do the tanning thing and mass sell for some dosh

quests my man. always quests.

why don't you try completing all F2P quests first? don't even bother getting a bond if you're going to waste Membership time doing F2p quests, its more efficient to complete those first and then get a bond.

i'll be browsing around if you change your mind.

Yeah I don't know why I brain farted, start with Cooks Assistant and run wild.

its the Duke's birthday after all.

Its ALWAYS the Duke's birthday

A really big boost would be to start with members.
If you do Waterfall, Grand Tree, Tree Gnome Village you can pretty much start out at level 40's in your combat stats and avoid a lot of tedious low exp per hour non sense at the beginning.

Runescape is hardly ruined man, you can pretty much just ignore Zeah completely. There's a couple things there like a new slayer cave and raids but that's about it. The rest is pretty much bullshit. The reason they keep trying to add stuff to it now is because they spend all that dev time making this huge landmass and when it was released there was absolutely nothing worthwhile there. No reason at all to go there and nothing to do. Besides they don't only care about zeah considering zeah has only had a couple new updates to make it not completely useless whereas the rest of the content development has been focused on the original landmass.

you can't do those without some prerequisite stats. if he's starting a new account, hes going to waste a day or two (of membership time) leveling up just to do those quests. then maybe another full day doing them, if you divide the bond price by 15 days, thats about 200k wasted per day. when your total level is above 1500 200k is nothing, but when you're a level 1, its quite a bit of pocket change. thats why it'd be better to just complete all F2P quests before moving on to membership besides its no fun to go against elvarg already wearing dragon/bandos gear

if he wants to squeeze the bond out of its juice, then the recommended path is:
-grind combat skills and magic to 40
-do all F2P quests, most of them will give you good combat and magic exp so thats already a kickstarter lel
-Elvarg is the "final boss" of F2P, if you can beat him, you're ready to move on
-activate bond
-start the Grand Tree quest, but don't complete it yet, just go far enough that you can use the rookie agility course
-grind agility to 50 at least, in different courses (you start in the gnome one but you can move to others soon enough)
-once your agi is 50+ you can go faster forever, that means a lot less running downtime for the rest of your runescape experience
-complete the quests Priest in Peril, Ghosts Ahoy!, Waterfall Quest, Tree Gnome Village, and the Grand Tree one that you started earlier

from this point on, do whatever you want, you should have some good teleports with 40 magic, the Ectophial from ghost ahoy, and the trees from grand tree and tree gnome village.

kys

How would one level up magic on a f2p server?
It's been so long and all I remember was high alch and rock lobsters.

It is optional bullshit. I'm not defending it, I said they're just trying to justify wasting their dev time but it literally is optional. Don't be a fucking retard all I said is Zeah didn't kill OSRS and you're a fucking moron if you think that's the case

skeletons in the sewers?

Are you trying to give me a heart attack or something?

combat m8.

dont bother alching until you're a member, there is nothing worth alching in F2P.

just go shoot cows with an elemental staff and a phat stack of Mind runes. same way you'd level up combat.

its damn-well trying to though.

god fucking damnit faggots complaining about muh zulrah devalues muh skilling.
At least Zul Andra teleports are going down in price

I dunno, my mind just turns off whenever it's not melee combat. I keep thinking I'll need to spend a shitton of money on runes and whatnot because I was almost always a melee faggot.

Fair enough, here's to hoping they decide it's a lost cause and flesh out the original content more

I dont know about that maybe its different in the base game, but I know that in Deadman mode, everyone just rushes to do those quests. You can trap most of the bosses and just kill them with Mage, Fire Strike will get the job done.

Also Zeah is fine content now, it was apparently empty on release but I didnt play at the time so I cant verify, but as it stands now it adds a lot to the game. Plenty of new skilling spots Woodcutting Guild, Anglerfish, Slayer Dungeon, Brutal Black Dragons, Blast Mine, Blood Rune Crafting, "Necromancy".

Magic training isn't all that expensive. You can sit at the wizard's tower and kill the locked up lesser demon and telegrab aand alch the good drops. You can get to mid 50s or 60s magic just using fire strike for fairly cheap since the drops should pay for the runes

magic is a way of combat my dude

for a starter its pretty cheap, kill goblins until they drop an elemental staff (or just buy it, they're less than 2k in the GE) all you need to start casting Air Blast is Air staff and Mind Runes, and Mind Runes are the cheapest runes in the game in the GE. just buy about 3000 and go crazy, holocaust the cows.

i dont know about deadman tbh, the whole "you lose everything if you die once" is not my style. i like my progress to be visible and permanent, like, you know, an RPG.

Ironman autism isn't my style either. IM mode is just more proof that they don't know how to turn the game into a multiplayer game again, and so they decided to cave in and admit its an online single player game now. besides, their revenue comes mostly from the dozen or so streamers who are addicted to it.

i can't believe that they actually hold a "Runecon" once a year.

there's a Lesser Demon locked up somewhere (draynor mage tower I think), they're weak to magic and can drop rune med helms sometimes so make sure to bring Telegrab runes too

the demon is fine but that spot is cramped as fuck. specially on f2p

just go with cows or skeltals in the varrock sewers, there's plenty of them

Wasn't that added to realscape as a reward for finishing the extremely long vampire questline that ended up being easier than the questchain to unlock death rune crafting?

yes, the altar of blood in RS3 is deep within the vampyre castle in Morytania, of course no one walks there, everybody uses the abyss.

in OSRS however, bloods and souls are crafted in Kourend, in a shitty special altar that needs special mcguffin essence, that can be mined only in kourend and doesn't work on pouches (i think)

why the fuck would anyone think this is a good idea

because jagex

Is there an osrs clan? I just want to have something to read or someone to talk to when I'm bored.

there was, but its vacant now, might as well join a reddit one.

I was in a cc that wasn't a reddit one but they were banning any criticism of islam, while muslims who were in the chat as well were talking about how disgusting and awful christians and white people are. Anyone who argued with them or said anything bad about islam got kicked

I started a character 10 days ago and have already progressed more than you.

maybe try finding one that isn't full of retards. the 8ch cc was "8ch v", but there's not a single soul there now, i checked yesterday. everyone quit.

I just want something with entertaining conversations, I don't want bullshit like that.
I remember the go to channel was tehnoobshow's but there's sure as shit no one there now.

I'm curious about something, are drop parties still a thing in osrs or is no one actually doing them anymore?

all you're getting is memes and shitposting

I believe it was impossible to appeal them for a while. It even specifically stated that botting has a "no chance to appeal" rule but that appears to have been stricken from the record.

Oh boy, I just sent one in for my old account.
I really hope they unban me.
I made a dumb choice to bot on it after EOC came out and I had no desire to play any more.

That account has some decent wealth on it probably near the 700m mark, would make a good amount of OSRS gp to transfer over.

700m in rs3?

thats about 85m in OSRS. quite a good amount, its like half a year of bonds.

I'm not gonna play enough to justify it, plus I find these old school kind of grinds therapeutic in a way,

There were two people who were muslims in the chat and the rest were liberals jerking them off about their religion of peace

Still a thing. I picked up an abyssal whip and a d long the other day when someone was dropping at the GE

i give you two weeks tops before you succumb to the autism.

the grind will bore you. you'll want better grind, and better items, and to pass those literal "paywalls" all over the map. eventually you'll cave in. happens everytime.

You're probably right, if I wasn't NEET I would have got the membership already. More annoyed at myself for dropping it on 07 release as fast as I did, only tried a second time when they tried that whole "PVP EVERYWHERE" update.

What a cluster fuck that was

Free members weekend coming up, starts on the 8th. If you made your account before today you can take advantage of it

before the thread dies

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING