This is not a reason to be happy

Nice, instead of MH5 for Switch we're getting a HD port of an N64 looking game with 20 FPS.

The worst MH ever released with retarded anime shit attacks, jumping into the air with your huge sword (remember when the slow huge sword and down to earth animations were one thing we loved about MH?), also 40 iframes dodging and fucking SHIT TIER first gen monsters again.

Cool. Definitely a reason to be hyped for a fan. Not.

This confirms there is no MH5 in the works for Switch, or at least that it will still take ages.

Yes, you are "fighting" a big robot with Lego feet in this game.

And it's basically all you will do 90% the time.

Isn't that how MH has worked since the beginning though? The first version on new hardware is an updated version of the old game.
MH5 would be better but this is Capcom we're talking about. Their first Switch game was Street Fighter Fucking 2 all over again.

Capcom is in fucking decline, don't expect anything good out of them in the near future except maybe news of their closure.

Not even the good Street Fighter 2.

Also this thread was made before yours so prepared to get snipped.

The problem is Capcom probably sees the sales of this shit port as an indicator whether 5 is worth it in the west and on the Switch

Let's not forget what a horrible port MH3U was with PS1 textures (no, literally, many textures were unfiltered garbage) and a horrible, janky framerate. Also butchered online mode worse than the original's on Wii.

I just want another classic Monster Hunter with the polished gameplay and without all this neo bullshit like ledges everywhere, mounting and anime jumping. And also without rehashed first gen shit.

Is this really too much to ask?

It would be nice if Capcom went under and Nintendo bought some IP. The best thing Megaman has done in years was Smash Bros, and they did a better job respecting the Blue Bomber than Capcom has in more than a decade.

This is only the third thread about it.

Any MH version for the PSP, Wii or 3ds is exactly the same and interchangeable

Stop buying the same games over and over again and MAYBE you'll see quality you absolute fucking tards

Who the fuck cares

And literally every single post in it is not even about the game but about who won the E3 and other shit. Not only should the thread get deleted, every poster in it should get permanently banned.

They release Monster Hunter Tri for 3ds before the next installment popped up, I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter but this is nice, it basically ensures Switch will sellout this holiday season and that console succeeding is good.

I still don't believe the next Monster Hunter will land on Switch, it's probably going to PS4 like all those rumours are saying. even though none of them mentioned anything about XX Switch version. The PS4 has sold so much though, you may as well go full PS2 and make all your games exclusive, in spite of the massive uptake of middleware multi plat engines and the standardized hardware architectures.

That's the biggest hint Capcom gives hardly any fuck about the Switch, it's such a low effort title.

Their biggest consumer is Japan
Try 2ch.

You'd be surprised how many westerners buy into this Japanese call of duty

This is the exact reason why i will never enjoy an handheld, monster hunter makes me already anxious, but this shit is the icing on the cake.

Sellout in Japan, I don't care about the West, all the games I want to play from the west are coming to PC.

I swear to God mh babies or so cancerous

The problem is not the handheld in this webm, it's the shit gameplay of nu MH.

Last time I checked, MH has new games coming out more frequently than CoD. Did something change?

Not a MH fan, but what does that even mean? is it like Devil May Cry?

Does it have only one analog?

It's still overwhelmingly Japan.

Dude what?

o3ds copied the shitty PSP layout with one analog and the n3ds copied the vita with dual analogs but managed to make it shittier with this tiny fucker

How the fuck is that rubber clitoris supposed to be functional?

Basically look at this.

Three literal noobs with average or bad equipment easily take down a Savage Deviljho in four minutes by literally just jumping into the air with their big swords (if you can do this, why can't you swing the sword faster in the first place?) and spamming the same attack. It's relatively safe and requires absolutely no skill, experience; positioning, good reflexes.

This game is taking a piss on classic Monster Hunter.

Who cares? We're talking about the Switch here. And the controls weren't even bad on 3DS. It works better than it looks… until you get sweaty fingers.

The problem is we are supposed to be satisfied with a fucking port of an N64 looking Monster Hunter that furthers takes the gameplay in the wrong direction.

it's pretty sensitive. You barely even have to brush your thumb against it for it to turn the camera a bit.

I went ahead and got a N3DS when my old 3DS finally bit the dust, and it's pretty handy honestly. Rather, it was more useful than I thought it would be.

If you're a fan of the series, you won't buy any X crap.

This could be predicted from a mile away. Of course they would have threaded the waters with a port before releasing the next iteration of the franchise. Nothing new here.
Next prediction is that it will be a soarem seller. And that the next game will come out on the switch even if it also had a Sony version

Ah yes, the one game that sold nothing in the west clearly proves your point

Cry more faggot

I'm not using that game to prove my point, I just find the sales data funny, the other ones are still 3:1 in favour of Japan, it's to the point where the western sales only spur the release of western ports.

Well I clearly can't speak Japanese or even post on their biggest imageboard so I'll probably just keep calling people that play this here retards.
There's still more than enough people to warrant that.

Rattle that cage.

For 3ds, 1 million sales is still enough to put you in the top 50 most sold titles so it's not nothing. Note: hitting 5 million puts you in the top 10.

There's, like, 2000 active users on this board, mate. How many of those are actively buying (not pirate) MonHun and are also reading this shitty rant thread right now? Fucking idiot.

I have a question for 3DS owner.
Are the games that ugly on this console or is it just because every video are stretch?
I am asking that because every pictures and videos i see of those games are horrendous and make me feel like I would suffer from vision loss if I play this texture vomit more than 30 minute.

Games really do look better on the screen. MH does have some nasty textures, but playing it on a N3DS with the improved frame-rate is much better than stretched screenshots and captured video would have you believe.

As a general rule, 3DS games usually look better on 3DS hardware unless emulated. Its max effective resolution with the 3D on is 800x240, and 400x240 with it off.

I see, thanks.

I agree.
MHGen is the first monhan game that I dropped not even half way through. At first the styles seemed kind of interesting, but they made the game so fucking easy that it felt pointless to even play.

Japs love that shit about as much as musou, they have some really low standards. Don't expect it to get any better and maybe try playing something actually good instead of feeding Capcom your money with this one.

You're surprised? Monster Hunter 5's been in the works too long and is too big a deal to waste on the Switch, of course they're going to keep it on the handheld.

Remember Monster Hunter G on the Wii? This feels like a similar situation. Re-release an existing game on a new platform at low cost to test the waters and build a user base.

Or Portable 3rd HD on PS3 and 3G on the Wii U, for that matter, though in those cases they both fizzled since by and large gamers have moved to handhelds.

The actual conversation was one of the devs saying he liked his own PS4, then saying he was working on MH5.

He deserves it.

20 FPS is playable, anyways. Anyone who can't is a spoiled underage idiot.

NX has been in development for years, so there's no reason to think Capcom wouldn't of been developing MH5 for it.
Also, if they can't port MHXX to it, they can port MH5.

Fast? 4G came out back in October of 2014, it's as old as the New 3DS is at this point, and Tsujimoto has been working on 5 pretty much since then - Cross and Double Cross were handled by a separate team entirely. It's been in development for 3DS for too long, if it gets put on the Switch at all it'll be a port like Double Cross.

What rumors? I have heard literally nothing to suggest that Sony is even up for consideration for mainline Monster Hunter, and there's no way it's going to be an exclusive for a non-handheld.

Not really, most of the PS4's sales are to foreigners, which means fuck all to most devs.

5's been in the works since late 2014, and it's pretty much unthinkable at this point that they would be building a Monster Hunter with a TV console in mind. At best, the Switch will get a port of 5 the way it's getting for XX.

NX was rumoured back in 2014. It's not entirely out of the question to think Nintendo would of thought about MonHun being on the Switch, seeing as it's a 'killer app' in Japan.

If that happens, I will honestly give up on ever understanding how anything in the world works ever again, because it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Nintendo would have, but they don't make Monster Hunter.

It will never be a PS4 exclusive, nor will it be a Sony exclusive.
Team MH hates Sony for fucking them around with all the PSP games and not marketing them, so they moved to Nintendo.

Again, the rumour is some retarded Frenchie who think he speaks groriush nippon taking a conversation out of context.

That, and I recall something about some sort of social media integration bullshit Sony wanted them to force in that they said "fuck off" to.

It's about as sensitive as an actual clit. it's pretty useful in DDD

t. Someone who hasn't been gangraped by gen1 bullfangos

Cross is taking it so far its disgustion though, and I do wish we'd get the old aesthetic back.

This. Anybody who expects a game not to have a wildly fluctuating framerate is an entitled asshole.

I said solid 20 FPS is playable.
Try finishing high school English before posting here again, friend.

They generally are already working on the next game during G releases. The real issue is if they decide to keep some of the gay shit in X for the main series.

HE BOUGHT A SWITCH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hunting Styles, Hunting Skills, Two Name Monsters, and Ferocious Monsters are unlikely to return at all. At most, Cross might become a spinoff series like Frontier, but with how weak XX's sales were after X, I'm not as convinced that'll happen as I was a year ago. Some of the new monsters like the Shitennou MIGHT become recurring features, but considering how loath they were to even include the couple of Frontier monsters they did back in 2G, neither of which ever appeared again barring, fittingly enough, Volganos' reappearance in X and XX, I wouldn't count on it

I think they keep Deviants, turn them into "boss fights" for questlines, but otherwise just go back to 4U. Styles were either stupidly OP or horrendously useless, and that won't be able to be balanced out.

There will need to be a new gimmick, however. 3 had underwater, 4 had mounting, X had styles etc.
Personally, I'd want aerial fights, like you fight a Rathalos in flight on a monster you've tamed or an airship, but I doubt they will.

Not sure what Deviants are, but keep in mind that Tsujimoto had nothing to do with Cross or Double Cross, and he's notoriously protective of what he wants to do with the franchise, and gets away with it because so far he hasn't fucked up, and he's the boss's son, so good ol' nepotism keeps him safe.

Deviants are the Gen name for Two Name Monsters. I prefer it to the X term.

As opposed to awful controls on the PSP?
It's never going to go to a console exclusively. They rely on it being on the handheld to sell in Japan, where 90%+ of sales are.

Any kind of touch control is bad, but you can play MonHun entirely without it, barring needing it for some world map movement outside of actual hunts in 4th gen. There's nothing wrong with it being on the 3DS.

You know that if they made it a consolr exclusive then the japs would buy that console like hotcakes.

Ah, I never play foreign releases of games in part because of shit like that that makes it impossible to trust localizations. Admittedly, "Two Name Monster" loses some of the impact of 二つの名を持つモンスター, but it makes sense since they're versions of the monsters with new pre-names, like how you have the Kokuenou Rioleus or the Jinmetsuyaiba Dinovalde.

Not if it's a TV bound one - there's a reason MonHun dropped off PS2 entirely to stay on the PSP. People have two hour long train commutes to and from school/work to fill, they don't have TIME to play vidya at home.

Should I buy a switch?

Even then, movement can be done by talking to an NPC to move to another town.

It'd sell so many copies that Japan's society would crumble.

Nope, they wouldn't.
Japs don't have large living areas, so large, bulky consoles and TVs are a no-no.
Money is already stretched thin over there, especially for families with children, so buying a $400USD console for a single game won't happen/
Capcom sells it on handhelds because people want the portability and to play on trains, buses, trams etc.

It's not going back to consoles exclusively, ever.
Never, ever, ever, ever.

Not sure if it's the same in X as I can't read moonrunes, but Two Name Monsters are meant to be monster who escaped a brutal fight and adapted to hunters.
I prefer some of the monster names for the localised games, too. Things like Hororohoruru being named Malfestio and Dinovalde being Glavenus sound nicer

.Buy one in the holiday season when they bundle it with a game or two and drop the price, or buy one preowned with a couple games.

In Cross yes, in 4 no.

It's been forever since I played through the beginning when they explained that shit, so I don't quite recall, sorry.

Personally I think those localizations sound awful, but even if I liked them more, I disagree with rewriting shit in general, as that's not the job of a translator. Translate the game, don't go making up new shit because you aren't competent enough to do your job but considering localizers are mostly liberal arts majors who couldn't get a real job and got tossed a bone because Dad's friend was the HR manager at a localizer company which gets away with ripping off devs by charging them more for rewriting shit than for faithfully translating, that will never fucking happen ever

The game actually looks pretty good in game. I don't know what kind of tech fuckery they use in the screen, but it fills in the missing textures. The 3D makes the resolution better on principle of it fucking with your eyes.

Classic but not unpolished turd classic. I'm talking about polished classic such as MH4U which was pretty much the perfect Monster Hunter gameplay.

They should definitely get rid of those disgusting first gen PS2 shit monsters, at least most of them, especially this Yian shit, those horrible elder dragons like Kushala, those fat fucks etc.

And they should get rid of all the neo shit such as that 100 iframes dodging from MHX and autismo jumping.

Silky smooth 20fps, very cinematic.

Is it actually 20 FPS or are you just sperging out? I'm not getting it anyway, my last MH was 4U

Been gaming since 1998. Yes 20fps is playable.

That said I've become the cancer that is ruining videogames and demand a locked 30fps nowadays.

Japs are fucking crazy. The whole point of living in a wealthy first world country is the free time to enjoy it: 40 hour work week or GTFO and I demand 6 weeks of paid vacation.

Did you know, back in the day, 20FPS was seen as the current 60FPS? Everyone that couldn't get it said "Oh well, your eyes can't see that well anyways!"

If you can't play at 20FPS, you're excluding 40 years of video games and are worse than graphics whores.

4U ran uncapped and was between 30 and 60 (might of been able to go higher, but I doubt it), but Gen/X was capped to 30FPS. In return, they added a bunch of shiny particles. Not worth it.
It doesn't drop apart from on some of the monsters that have heaps of explosions/projectiles, and even then it's not that bad, rarely going below 25.

Truly Israel is our greatest ally!

Nice logic fanboy.

It runs at 17 :^)
Nice one, telling me I'm a fanboy for stating the fact that 20FPS is perfectly decent for playing a game at.
I made no mention of it being better, nor did I say I preferred it.

Judging from your first post, you're an underage faggot who can't play a game if it doesn't have the latest graphics and 144FPS, so again, fuck off.

20 fps isn't even a "cinematic" look. A cinematic experience is arguably best at the standard 24 fps, for animu, TV, and film. Games are janky at this frame rate, let alone near it.

23.97 is the dream.
Daily reminder anime is rarely truly 24FPS, and can often be as low as 8.

Yeah, and back then we lived in caves.

Are you guys retarded?

That's like saying being able to only move four directions would be acceptable in today's action adventures just because it was a thing once.

Kill yourselves. People this stupid and tasteless shouldn't be allowed to live. 20 FPS is pure fucking dog shit. Everything below 30. And even 30 is shit when you can have 60.

There are three other threads in the catalog for this exact thing.

After play Dark Souls 1 with an unlocked framerate, I would have to disagree. Anthing below 40 frames is disgusting.

What the fuck is this post, did my brain literally turn off?

Ah yes, the pulldown standard for NTSC. And it would be nice to see more shows animated on twos at the very least.

They're unfitting and make the game too easy. That doesn't make them shit on principle, you fucking faggot.

Ledges are literally just more environmental interactivity that evolves the gameplay and mechanics that make it easier to defeat monsters by strategically toppling them. It's like you're bitching just for the sake of new things even though only mounting is overpowered. And you're quickly seeming more and more obnoxious.

So the Switch gets yet another port which will only be plagued by paid online.

I have never felt so little interest in a Nintendo system.

Ebin reddit spacing. 20FPS shouldn't be a standard, nor did anyone argue that it was superior to anything higher.
What was said is that 20FPS is perfectly playable, and you sperged out saying it isn't.

Don't really care about the opinion of someone who lacks reading comprehension skills and bumped a duplicate thread multiple times.

/a/ has told me that animating in threes is beautiful and makes everything cinematic and artistic.
Literally Stockholm Syndrome.

We're talking about Monster Hunter here and not some general rule. And as you just said yourself they're unfitting and shit.

I probably played the games five times longer than you ever will in your life and still remember and value the good PS2 online days, whether I'm proud of it or not, so let me tell you about my experience:

Ledges lead to people online camping near ledges to lure the monsters and damage it with cheap jump attacks because they are too bad to fight properly And not just random people, also people from here. It's basically impossible to enjoy this game when your group doesn't consist of nothing but elitist fags and a) I don't even want this and b) it's hard to find such a group.

And of course now with X they don't even need leges anymore, they can just spam retarded jump attacks that are 100% braindead but more than enough to kill a Savage Deviljho with a great sword, even if you're fucking terrible at the game.

People cannot decide where they want to fight and opinions differ. It leads to monsters climbing all the way down so you have to follow it all the way down. Then it gets aggro'd by someone who is still on the "mountain" and you have to follow it back up the mountain.

Ledges lead to monsters phasing through environments making it impossible to even hit specific body parts, either because their head is suddenly too far up or stuck inside a wall or whatever. This is particularly frustrating when actually using a weapon that requires precision and wants you to hit the head (hammer, hunting horn, great sword with punishing draw etc.).

Climbing is not fun. It's a waste of time. It essentially provokes bad players making even more mistakes and the whole group has to pay for it since it's wasting everyone's time and isn't fun for anybody.

Not even talking about mounting per se which is fucking retarded and pointless for its own reasons.

There is a reason basically everyone prefers moderate areas, especially for speedruns. They're just more fun and you can focus on what the games are supposed to be about; the combat and nothing but the combat. Do "curazy" games like Bayonetta put mountains, bumps and holes everywhere? No.

It's not an action adventure and whoever is responsible for this shit should get fired.

I understand that you don't have a problem with the vertical level design if you're mainly playing braindead weapons such as long sword, dual blades, great sword and guns.

This series is heading in a extremely damaging and horrible direction no actual fan should be happy with. There was one thing that always separated it from other action adventure games and that was how important positioning was. Now with retarded shit like this 50 iframes dodging positioning is basically as unimportant as it is in Dark Souls and you just have to press a button the moment the monster attacks. It damages the core gameplay. Forced verticality damages the core gameplay.

this will never happen though because nintendo wants to keep pokemon clean and cute and pretty and uber-kid-friendly. They'd never allow pokemon to be mutilated and slaughtered and captured like the monsters in monhun.

I sure as hell wish though.

I knew people on Holla Forums would bitch about the Monster Hunter XX port. Lets be honest the real reason is "It sucks because I don't get to play it!"

The problem isn't overtime per se, it's long commutes - plenty of people for example work in Osaka but live in Nara, and thus their morning train ride takes them a while.

Nah, I've played the shit out of XX already, has nothing to do with grapes.

user, most people here get to play it for free RIGHT NOW without having to worry about paid online later on.

That was a surprisingly civil and well thought out response. Guess you're not a raging faggot.

Still, the more mountainous environments improve the overall world of the game and allow for more creative situations and missions. If anything, mounting should become harder and harder to do every time to the point of outright punishing with a health and stamina hit along with becoming better at defending themselves and even evading things like spamming leaps. Brachydios should be able to dodge to the side like a boxer before striking to punish a shitty player who can't actually strategize and just tries to mount or spam Hunter Styles the entire time online. There should be programming where monsters won't clip through the walls or floors, but instead use them to make things harder for the player. If Fagcom wants to make players feel overpowered to have more fun then the only solution is to demand the monsters become much smarter and resistant to cheap shit.

I simply like the thought of leaping into the air strategically during a challenging hunt to deliver a strong blow while completely dodging an attack. In fact, I want mounting removed altogether.

Also, there's nothing brainless about Great Sword. My brother described it to me as the purest experience and I see exactly what he meant with all the hours and practice I've sunk into the weapon. It's a powerful, but slow and tricky weapon that can also function as a shield at the worst time at the cost of strength and loss of stamina. The user has to carefully draw and sheathe as the situation demands to dodge attacks altogether, exploit openings and safely maneuver around the battlefield.

I can play XX right now without having to buy Nintendo's garbage console or paying for their shitty online.

That's a lot of strawman in one post. I am in my mid twenties and don't care about graphism.
Bump.

Brand loyalty is driving videogames into the dirt.