A question for anarchists who support the recent Black Bloc protest

Would you likely start one if she won instead ?

Other urls found in this thread:

crimethinc.com/2017/01/16/whoever-they-vote-for-we-are-ungovernable-a-history-of-anarchist-counter-inaugural-protest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They say they would but I very much doubt any anarchist groups would be seriously out there protesting her victory.

I tend to agree with this
But there would be protests from other groups, I believe

This is partly why the protest was stupid - it gives the impression that things were fine under Obama and have changed because of Trump.

To be fair though, I think the anarchists were piggy-backing on the general air of protest which was created by the liberals, they weren't especially interested in electoral politics themselves.

I'm happy about trump being elected because these protests happened as a result. By the same logic, it would've been worse if she was elected, unless you've very short-sighted.

The only groups that would be out there protesting would be right wing groups and I highly doubt the anarchists would want to associate with them. To me it seems to validate the fact that most modern anarchist groups are just liberals considering they always seem to jump on the liberal bandwagon when it comes to things like this.

I broke one of my trump voting neighbor's car windows and the same with a hillary voter

But to be clear probably not because a lot of hispanic people are communists and anarchists, and very much loathe Trump for a reason.

To be honest he put this on himself for the very campaign strategy he had

Also, I'm not saying the right wing groups would be any better but I'm saying that it shows a lack of principal among certain elements of the "left" when they're only willing to oppose neoliberalism when it's considered "cool" or in vogue on campuses.

I would, assuming I could get to DC.

The protests don't matter at all though. In the end he's still won and he's still in power.

Is that really what you want famalam?

Once more with feeling

It's nearing my bedtime and I'm too tired to understand what you mean by this post tbh.

wow

There would have been protests, just not as big or as explosive. I don't think the candidate in question matters too terribly for actual anarchists among the protesters, but for everyone else (liberals of various shades) acting as filler (there are a lot of them), Trump's inauguration is something to be infuriated about and rebel against. Those more seasoned protesters simply seized on this frustration to make the demonstration bigger. It's not exactly rocket science.

The reason why we had black bloc protests is because we had non-radical fodder to provide cover.
If Hillary won it'd just be literal redneck fascists protesting and maybe a few bernieshills.
There would be no cover.
It wouldn't be safe to blackbloc, it'd be better to simply do individual actions like shattering windows at your local butcher shop or breaking the toilets at McDonalds.

I'd definitely not go smash some windows or set a limo on fire if there wasn't so much fodder to blend with and use as shields.
Not in broad daylight around hundreds if not thousands of people.

she's saying that they'd take out pence too

Literally just had this conversation with a friend and came to the same conclusion.

I used to hate "tankies," but then I realized """tankies"""" are the only thing that strikes fear into the right wing anymore after reading a lot of books from Michael Parenti. "Blackshirts & Reds" basically took the last bit of liberalism from my soul and turned me into a Damn Red. Anarchists, although very active in these protests, I find excellent for the reasons you stated. They too often are riding the waves of liberalism and I feel they're good at opposing things, just not putting forth actual political programs that people can follow. They see themselves as so much better than the ever illusive "tankie," but I honestly think a mass party is the way to go in a place like America. Most people engage with politics through the electoral process. The state is so huge that it's hard to just "destroy" it. You can't destroy a state that effectively has its money and arms distributed all over the globe. I think hijacking that power and turning it over to the people via accountable leadership is more sensible.

lmao excellent, haha. I meant to say that they raise doubts with me, in the sense that they wouldn't oppose a Hillary Admin. on the same scale as a Trump Admin. In this regard, they seem somewhat full of shit to me when it comes to their outrage against US imperialism and stuff. At the same time, though, I can't criticize them getting out there. Better during a Trump Admin. than never showing up at all.

People were incensed about Bernie and were protesting at her rallies so I would imagine faggots would do stupid shit at her aborted hypothetical inauguration

checked

I mean, people were planning DJ20 since the primaries ended. Didn't really matter who won; both of them represent existential crises for a lot of people.

Wouldn't say there'd be as much of a showing for Hillary, though.

Most of us only participate because the protests are already happening, so we don't have much to lose. We probably wouldn't bother organizing protests if we didn't have masses of disillusioned liberals behind us, because protests are not really that effective in achieving our goals.
It's mostly a bunch of liberals throwing a tantrum for a few days before they go back to watching Netflix like the good sheeple they are.
Real agitation looks different than that.
Give it a few months and those protests will end up in the memory hole.

Pence is less likely to start a nuclear holocaust, so sure

That said, if we're really lucky, someone can get them both

(Also hi Secret Service)

TBH I hope nobody does get Trump. Pence is like, 80% of the same ideology but actually competent and he won't unite people against him nearly as much.

That is a fair point. I guess the question is whether it's worth the risk.

did you make it explicitly clear it was due to their politics?

…if you did do it you're an idiot for admitting it. If you didn't you are just an internet tough guy.

No anarchist supports "black bloc" and "Antifa" those are paid provocateur groups and any person that joins a hierarchy for the sole cause of being an edgy teenager, is retarded.

If they did I'd support it

Blackshirts and Reds is a great book, it's a pretty good conversion text for prospective tankies.

Parenti also talks about how anarchists and leftcoms are always the first people to support "revolution" then immediately turn around and condemn whatever sort of post-revolutionary society is formed.

Well yeah, you need that because nothing will ever be perfect. You need self reflection and continuous progress and criticism. If you need to back up your ideology with violence then it shows you are lacking confidence in it.

Not remotely the same thing as condemnation

oh fuvVK

Anarchists also protested the Obama inauguration

Source ?

Remember what happened outside the DNC last year?

I wish there was one of these protests every hour of every day. Even if Bernie Sanders had won, that state needs to be destroyed

this

crimethinc.com/2017/01/16/whoever-they-vote-for-we-are-ungovernable-a-history-of-anarchist-counter-inaugural-protest