Have a hunch to play pic related

Do you know of other irritating anti-pirating methods like this?

I know about the unkillable foe in Serious Sam 3

Time to edit this
reminder that Faramir is best character

Alright, bear with me here. I once heard that the first Obscure game had a screamer that appeared randomly if you played a pirated copy, is this true?

I heard the same thing for the first Dark Souls. Would be nice if someone could confirm these both.

Well OP you could just emulate it on Dolphin that will probably work.

wait, so Sam was their anti-piracy method, pretty fucking hilarious if you ask me

I remember there was also that Game Dev Tycoon game, their method involved getting your company bankrupt due to piracy

GTA 4 had uncontrollable wobbling cameras.

The rumor was around it being put in by the cracker of the first crack of Dark Souls II iirc. I wouldn't know because I pre-ordered DSII.

I liked how with Alan Wake the entire game was playable they just made you where an eye patch.

*wear

I'm a dumb shit

It was Dark Souls II where in Mejula next to the big pit there was a spot where a flashig texture would pop up for like a second. I remember someone made a webm of it when people were looking it years ago in a thread.

An anti piracy measure on gamecube ? Didn't it start with the wii ?
Oh, alright, didn't know that.
On topic, the only "ruin the game for pirates" trick I ever fell for was in Batman Arkham Asylum, there was a point in the game where they just broke the prompt for the grappling hook. It worked fine the whole game, except in that one specific vent you couldn't work around.

>steal Copy a loaf of bread from a merchant baker

Youre the problem acthally

There was the one on Spyro 3 where your save gets deleted if you get hit by the final boss on a pirated copy.

Call it Iron Man mode and you can get half of Holla Forums to defend it.

Capped. This is hilarious.

GTAIV's anti-piracy method was it being a horrendously shitty port to begin with.

And affected legitimate copies too, a lot.

SNES games had anti piracy methods

The Settlers 3 had an anti-piracy measure where the iron smelter would produce pigs instead of iron bars, making it impossible to create weapons and tools, meaning you couldn't get new soldiers and workers.
Also, after some time, new houses wouldn't spawn new settlers either, meaning no new anything

Too bad that
1) back in the day there was a virus effecting files in a way that triggered those anti-piracy measures
2) there was an entire charge of the first production run that was defective, causing legit copies to exhibit that behavior
And that was the day I realized that all anti-piracy measures are shit

I'd pirate it just so I can get that. That's hilarious.

Can confirm this, since I had pirated it on release and ran into the problem repeatedly until there was a proper crack. Basically what would happen would be when you'd get into a car, the camera would start sea-sawing back and forth, the car would uncontrollably accelerate and get knocked down to like ~10% health (black smoke pouring out, one good hit and it'd catch on fire).

Sam was the best character though.
Invis and 1 hit kills once you levelled him enough.

Are you going to post it to /r/Holla Forums or should I?

Go ahead, m8.

It'd also happen if you tried to run the game without also having "rockstar social club" running in the background.

Well, where's the webm then?

Crysis Warhead had it where your gun would shoot chickens if it was lazily cracked. You couldn't kill anyone with guns like this; if you wanted to beat the game like this you'd have to man up and use your fists to kill everything.

There was a anti pirate rom of Mario kart 64 where every level had bombs spawn randomly on the map.

hireddit.gif
fuck lost my pic

wow I didn't know that wtf

the point is not to be realistic, but to troll the pirates in a funny
that pirate version was actually by themselves

that would also be a good example of a harmless troll

It was a joke I hope

just like gameshark code man

I love this meme

I dont think that is anti piracy user I think the game just really wants you to be sam for some parts.

I checked some guides on GameFAQS because I thought this same thing. 3 guides don't mention it, so it's either a glitch or antipiracy.

You're a faggot, Sam is best Hobbit.

Aragorn is the best character in the series. Prove me wrong.
you can't.

That is true, but Sam is still the best Hobbit, and Frodo is still the shittiest Hobbit.

Sorry, I just don't see it.

This was a long time ago since I pirated it but I have never had a screamer in mine. Granted my version was the PC version. Beat the game several times where I explored every level and speedrun it. Nothing of the sort.

That's like having the best cancer; the best is still shit

Everyone and their mother knows this by now but Earthbound had an anti-piracy check that if triggered would cause the enemy spawnrate to increase dramatically, guaranteeing random battles pretty much every step or two.

The devs were also incredibly sadistic, because if you manned up and played through the game that way anyway, the game would force crash on the final phase on the final boss… immediately after deleting all of your saves.

EPIC SCREENCAP FELLOW Holla ForumsRO

SAAAM

Didn't one of the serious sam games have an unkillable anti-piracy enemy?

it's just a prank bro

The beacons of Minas Tirith are lit; Gondor calls for aid!

Wasn't Fararmir the character that Jackson basically rewrote into his self-insert, or am I thinking of something else?

Fucking movie plebs

Nah Faramir actually stays pretty true to how he is written. Sam is incredibly gay in both mediums though drastically more so in the book, telling Frodo to sleep with his head in his lap, and always referring to him as master etc. LOTR is the greatest trilogy ever made, Jackson did an absolutely amazing job and my autism has no bounds for the films. The book is good but I have read a lot better. The games are fuckin shit tbh, I remember playing them a lot when I was a kid but then coming back to them just made me realise how low my standards for games were back then.