What console games should be ported to PC? Not because "it's on my fav platform", but rather...

What console games should be ported to PC? Not because "it's on my fav platform", but rather, to fully take advantage of the platform.

Driver 2

Halo 2 to reach

I played 4 a bit but it was a garbage story and 5 is a big cluster fuck of bugs to this day

NieR. Think about how good it could look if they were to fully take advantage of PC hardware.

Yakuza 6. The new engine looks gorgeous and is a major step up, but the PS4 models can only run it at 30FPS and you need a Pro model for the game to run at a native 1080p. Considering Ishin/0/Kiwami all ran at 1080p 60fps on PS4 since they were mainly ports/updated versions of PS3 games its disappointing.

Theres also Final Fantasy 15, and I assume even something like TAA would do wonders for it.

in theory you can apply that to any game, but just putting something on PC does not always mean its going to be better, especially if the ports are botch jobs or real mod tools never come out

Doom never came with mod tools, the community made them from scratch.

None.

Gundam Vs.

Please kill yourself

Every single Nintendo game

Literally any Xbox-exclusive game that is published by Microsoft.

Sure but what I said stands.
See, there's no point in shit like that on PC.

Jinx Time sweepers

Anything that doesn't run at 60+ FPS, that requires you to aim, or that has flaws that could be modded out.

Nayuta
Neir
Yakuza Series
MS Saga
Time Splitters
Okami
Every single fucking Donald Duck game
Anarchy Reigns
W101
Bayo2
and pic related

Hey, we somehow managed to get a port of fucking Voodoo Vince so there's still a little hope we'll get Blinx someday.

Pretty much every game ever that runs under 60 fps.

Any half baked RTS that could be better with KB+M controls.

Simply because the potential for strong mod tools would make these games serious GOAT material:
Halo 3
Super Smash Bros

Except for games that tie their physics to their framerates.

e.g. 90% of everything From has ever programmed.

but halo 2 is on pc
am i in the berenstein universe or something

Not baiting. Every game deserves a PC port

So this is the port begging thread? Okay, Conker Live and Reloaded, Ninja Gaiden II and Kameo please.

Would be nice but Microshaft is probably too afraid of robbing themselves of a console sell if the consumer can save their $500 and just buy the pc version of any new Halo title a few years later

Can't that just be patched easily?

And DK64

red dead for the mods

I'm sure we'll be seeing the Halo franchise on PC after they reveal the Scorpio to be a device that's meant to bridge the gap to PC while they quietly slip into PC development.

Just for the 60fps

I think you mixed up 5 and MCC. 5 isn;t buggy.

Also, 2 has a PC port already.

They've already basically confirmed future halo games will be on PC, the issue is getting them to port the old ones.

Okami, the only thing wrong with that game was that it was too easy, some simple modding to up the difficulty a bit and it would be 10/10.

that game is already ported to PC though user, it's called youtube. The QTEs are replaced by hitting the play button for the videos.
I would say that the gameplay suffered, but thankfully there wasn't any gameplay to lose

By an engine programmer who is very familiar with the engine they use, yes. But so often a lot of gameplay related variables would become unbalanced because the designers either didn't understand or ever assume that the framerate would ever change.

The timings for a lot of things would be probably off and bugs that may not appear otherwise now would, essentially.

There are so many framedips and outright slideshows that happen that I'm surprised they're ignorant enough to ignore them.

I would say Vanquish and Bayonetta, but those finally were ported.
Otherwise, the rest of Platinum Games library, Yakuza, Red Dead Redemption 2, and literally every game for the sake of preservation.

Except that, that can stay there.

Except it doesn't run at 60fps and youtube compression completely ruins the game's actually rather pretty visuals.

What's your problem? Did asura's wrath kill your parents?

The internal framerate I mean, the intended delay between game updates. The one it tries to stick to.

Also, the degree to which AW has cutscenes ans QTEg's is exaggerated, it has about the same ratio of gameplay to cutscenes as the metal gear games.

Note that Doom's SDK was built for NeXTSTEP workstations. Aside from tools that wouldn't have been usable on personal computers anyway not being released, Doom was designed to be modded, and its source code was released four years after the release of the game. The source code being shared with the public is the holy grail of mod support, you understand.

fucking yakuza already goddammit sega

All games with priority to good ones. Similarly as many PC games as practical should be ported to consoles whenever possible (the generational nature of consoles is a bit of an issue here).
Exclusivity is cancer.

But personally I'd pick the Yakuza series and The Warriors game.

condemned 2 was a crime and you know it

except there's no actual gameplay, you cannot lose.

Any first person shooter, that's a kind of game that simply doesn't work with a gamepad.

Or shit games like bloodboner.

Why kind of foolish engine designer would do that?

Any Japanese Sega game

Parappa and Jammer Lammy. In fact, pretty much any rhythm game that isn't on PC.
Demon's Souls would also be great, the online might be active again.

The whole Timesplitters trilogy.
The mapmaker tool would be better suited on PC.

Question is rather what game wouldn't benefit from it ?

Kessen trilogy
Pikmin
Breakdown on Xbox

holy shit imagine how precise you could throw the pikmin with a mouse. Never miss a throw again

RTS are better on PC, no exception.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying that it would be great on PC. Though I'd still use a GCN controller from time to time simply for nostalgia

Realistically, all games benefit on PC
There's no downside really.

Also

what are you talking about, there's paid online for MMOs :^)

none. I'd rather see console and PC games separate. I actually really miss seeing PC games be actual PC games and not ports, console-inspired games or just having none of or really half-assing the features that make a PC game a PC game.

Don't care if a game isn't running optimally. Having a single spec to develop for ends up making these games better in the long run.

Console games are just PC games with controllers, you know that right?

The platform don't matter, the games do.

the platforms are distinct and used to cater to very different audiences, you are just underage and started gaming last gen.

I started gaming with the NES.

Most console games I play are on emulators.

Get over yourself.

opinions discarded.

Okay, user.

What year is it?

Kill yourself, I want all of the games

just clearly not good ones.

There are a bunch of console only VNs that should be on PC. I only play weebshit so I can't think of anything else.

I want to believe

I've looked into PC gaming but it's too expensive and Japanese devs are still not accustomed to PC.

I also hate Steam and the Steam community is absolutely retarded and obnoxious.

Steam is absolutely cancer but they do not charge for online and their games are easily pirate-able.

PC gaming expensiveness is only the starter kit, game-wise, it's the least expensive in the long run.

Yeah man, those are all shit
So are Dominions 4, Project Reality, Planetary Annhilation and Ashes of the Singularity.
All of them are shit
Just like your taste

Steins Gate 0 is on PC nigger

its more expensive, games end up being more cheaply made.

This. BB is gorgeous, and it would be even better on PC

t. Sonygger

YES, also, nice digits

Nothing.

PC scum deserve nothing and you will get nothing, thank god Steam exists as its probably the biggest thing responsible for the death of PC gaming.

Feels pretty fucking good man,.

…he typed on his PC

Monster Hunter. I started on the PS2 MH and cannot stand handhelds.

lmao nice trolling dude man, really got me there haha lmao XD

Ebin

How many 3DS reashes has it been now?

The first was one too many.

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War

Anything from IP related.

The part that kills me is that gundam is owned by bandai, who closed their north american Sunrise distributer in 2010 I think. They of all people they should know that japanese games can sell on PC given the success of the souls franchise. Honestly they should commission bandai namco to develop a gundam game for the west.

But noooo, they need to keep selling 4-episode blue rays for 60$ a pop on their japanese site since they're in the same DVD region as north america, and are only interested in releasing cartoony Dynasty Warriors spinoffs.

I don't get this as well, they even ported that Saint Seya game.
Gundam has a pretty big following in the West and so does JoJo, much more than that last one and certainly more than Berserk which Koei ported and Koei ported Attack on Titan as well

They're porting their Naruto and One Piece games which probably take a lot of money to license and yet JoJo/Gundam which would likely take considerably less to license are not seeing PC ports.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm pretty sure they could make a solid profit by porting/licensing those, the first for mere pocket change.

Consoles are the niggers of technology and thus need to be segregated from real tech like PCs.

You gotta give it to Sony, at least they make games, we wouldn't have SotC or Souls without their investment. Compare that to Valve, it's pretty stagnant (except their sales and food departments).

Sonycuck pls go

True but the initial investment for PC gaming is too high for me to justify.

If you gave me a 1500$ I'd use it to play PS2 JRPGs.

Steins Gate 0 is PS4 exclusive in the west. There's fan patches ofcourse.

Theres no region lock and physical doesn't condition the platform in any way, whats your point.
See, you even admitted it yourself or are you one of those retards who doesn't know a fucking thing about the platform and thinks that if its not an "official release" then it doesn't exist?

Oh wait, you're that retarded

All of them.

With $1500 you could make 2 high end systems, not counting the peripherals

The bear mission and multiplayer were good, it's bad like Daikatana is bad except that game can't be modded. It's really not that bad.

Don't all Japs delete their source code thinking they'd never used it again for some reason or hoping it doesn't get leaked.

MGS 3 Subsistence
MGS 4
MGS Peace Walker
Black

Everything else is pretty much irrelevant tbh
pic related is Peace Walker running on 4K with supersampling with sweetFX

Daily reminder that not all PC ports are created equal. Best bet is to play the game on the system it was designed for. Should all games be designed with PC in mind? Probably.

What the fuck is wrong with your CJ?

I built mine 4 years ago for $600 and I don't have trouble running anything I give a shit about and that even includes UT4 on near-max settings.

captcha confirmed for spyware

nah, we need more exclusives in video games. Less "games 4 everyone" and more "games for this type of person and that type of person." The less accessibility and more segregation in games we have, the better games will become.

PC audience/devs need to rebuild their control over the first person genre and bring back modding. Prove there is an audience and stop trying to push out failed arena shooter after failed arena shooter. It's obviously not working and nobody wants these games any more. Keep RTS, MMO, sims, etc. on PC. Get action games to return to being console exclusive. PC has no analog standard so it should never be a priority in that realm.

What the fuck is wrong with your CJ, nigga? Do you even look like DMX bro?

I don't know why emuniggers are so numb to visual quality, but it does look god awful.

I don't even know how he looked, as soon as it let me buy clothes I bought all green everything.
Green hoody, pants, shoes, bandana across the face, and another bandana as a hat.
The only things visible were his eyes and hands.

that'd make it boring for top tier DMC players since they just mod the game to add in extra challenge, plus they're the ones who are impacted by loading screens the most since they play so much.

Also there doesn't need to be an analog standard, almost everyone has either a DS3/4 or 360/bone controller which can just be handled through $team if you only want to support one controller.

all the more reason not to target the PC audience for these games.

cool

because what you said was really stupid.

How is it stupid? Go use a DS3 on $team right now, add it as one of your controllers, and try to play a game that requires a 360 controller. Guess what? It just werks.

You are the one who said something incredibly stupid, controller support is trivial in comparison to everything else that goes into making PC ports.

To add to that, noone ever uses anything other than DInput and XInput so even outside of steam if you just support those two all of your work is already done.

Wasn't there rumors of that getting a port?

thats nice, retards like you sure like to talk
windows only
stop talking any time

Shit costs money here bro.

Kill yourself

Are you Canadian?

Faggot in the pic is a (((dutch))) politician

Surely you jest, its more expensive here than in burgerland where its mostly manufactured, but it can't be that bad

What modding scene is there for games that aren't stalker/warband? Preferably a new game that is from 2011 or newer. The window of this past generation at least.

Are you retarded user? Go dig through moddb's recent updates for a start. Also you missed out entire series with active modding communities like TES, Fallout, GTA, C&C, Total War…

Any shooter really would be better on PC
I haven't even played Yakuza Dead souls but i'v seen the gameplay that shit drops frames constantly.

-Sins of a Solar Empire
-EUIV
-CK2
-Cities Skylines
-HoI3
-Vicky2
-CiVI
-Anything Total War
-XCOM2
-Homeworld Remastered
-Insurgency
-Squad
-Company of Heroes 2
-Men of War Assault Squad 2
-Planetary Annhilation
-Arma 3
-GTAV
And thats just the more modern shit and the modders who went the indie route instead to make full fledged games.
You can thank the 7th Gen normalfag flood console focus for the setbacks though.
Unlike your 12 year old self, I never stopped paying attention to the scene

I love kemono friends and everything but there is only so much entertainment to be had with a model swap and maybe physics fuckery. I guess i can make funny youtube poops.

As for fallout, really? Elder scrolls shit is a garbage foundation for modding unless you really really like your whore simulator loli cum baths lovers lab shit.

I'd kinda like to see another mech warrior living legends or some shit. A real mod.

Insurgency is from 2007 and the paid release is awful and a garbage foundation. Do you have anything that isnt rts shit? I like games that are more intricate than my operating system. Maybe the witcher 3 could have had some great mods if cdpr didn't lie about releasing an sdk and pulled back on that 2 months after release. Tell me again how alive and thriving mods are. Show me your sick cfg tweaks that are hailed as mods and ltx edits. Show me that sick notepad++ spread. Just not, you know, a real sdk.

Here you go queerbot

The Gran Turismo series, 144fps with a wheel would be glorious.

Imagine if it was half the game ostfront was, maybe there would be a darkest hour quality mod by now for that shitshow of a game.

Reminder to not buy sjwire games, goys.

I'm going to keep proving you wrong and you're going to keep complaining you retarded console newfag

And I'm going to keep laughing because everything you have shown me has been the saddest shit I've seen in my life. Post call of Chernobyl or day z you fucking joke. Stop having such low standards and demand some quality you desperate fuck.

You still have't posted shit

I wasn't aware MTA or SAMP (both of which have their own sub-modding scenes by the way) were 'simple model swaps', nor that recreating all of SA's map in GTA:IV was just 'physics fuckery'. Maybe if you actually tried looking for things beyond youtube you'd know about them.
Yes, you might not like the games but you cannot deny a modding community exists around them (even the shit ones like 3 and 4).
A modding scene is a modding scene. There's also plenty of good mods for TES games, even the newer ones: to write them all off as lewd mods shows a distinct lack of knowledge on the actual subject.

You asked for games with live modding scenes, stop moving the goalposts just because you don't like the games in question or can't be arsed to look beyond the basic entry-level sources for mods. And Insurgency 2 (the standalone) has at least one total conversion into a WW2 game and itself grew out of a sourcemod, another massive modding 'scene'.

Impress me more, here is a newer mod tool for a 20 year old game

Where are your tools that are comparable to tools for a 20 year old game? Nobody fucking makes these things any more. You have shown me nothing remotely interesting and honestly should probably kill yourself. I do look forward to the day you turn 18, graduate from these poorfag scraps and mommy makes you get a job so you don't have to play this garbage.

Watcha makin?
What did you think of Hardcore Henry?
Get rid of it, stop going there. There are better ways to find your info.

Nigger UT, Cryengine and Unity are the same fucking thing except they don't have a single big tech demo behind it.
Source Hammer is pretty much that, Source 2 is going to be that and free even for commercial venues.
Arma 3 does that
Paradox GSC shit do that
Kerbal does that

While modding has been impaired due to kikes and the AAA tripe, its in no way dead or as limited as your suggesting.
Kill yourself, you're as dumb, ignorant and self aware as a rock.

What, are you advertising your shit fan mod?

Kys yourself famalamadingdong

Any game where online multiplayer is a core mechanic. Also, Auto Modellista/TXR/ChoroQ just because.

Fuck, don't remind me
This shit would have sold like hotcakes if ported to PC.

Most of the Xbox library but especially Steel Battalion.

The Virtual On 360 ports need to be saved before microsoft pulls the plug on the 360's online. Even japs are begging for PC ports since sega refuses to renew the arcade machines there.

Why did that have to be console only? The only time the online has people on it is Halloween. If it ever gets ported it would be the only time I give modern Konami money

Well, now that insecure pc niggers took over the thread perhaps we can get back on track

Nice ID hop nigger

Fucking hurts man

Demon's Souls

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC. But H2V is a tale of a game that was aborted after it was launched.

The game was launched with GFWL which was already struggling. A lot of PC gamers were turned off by the need to pay twice for the same game (game price+ gold XBL). Another factor was the editing tools, H2EK were heavily lobotomized on release despite being shown an amazing kit that had far more capability than the original HEK.

There are more eloquent posts. But for H2V I would recommend looking up Project Cartographer.

The console version of Nightfire needs porting to PC, as well as Agent Under Fire and Everything or Nothing.

The PC version of Nightfire was a shambles, no driving segments, no on rails segments, choppy animations and highly compressed audio. Not to mention the lacklustre multiplayer.

maybe you're just a faget

Timesplitters

THIS

It's coming to PSNOW so it's a start.

Really does belong on PC.

Would easily net them a million copies sold.

Nope

A man can dream. Oh well, the only option I have of ever playing this game is putting either $400+ for a PS4 or putting in about $100 in PSNOW.

yeah but sony didnt put any faith into souls and they didnt even give the games the time of day untill after dark souls 1 when they realized they missed out (and insulted) a cult hit

the relationship between from and sony on the sibject of souls has always seemed one sided and abusive, i cant believe im saying this but from should go back to mecha games for awhile