STALKER thread. Alcoholic and an asshole edition

I just know the reward for this quest is going to be shit isn't it.

Also why are detectors so fucking rare in CoC?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889103214
imdb.com/title/tt5024734/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeY1s3KUUgspiai60H9wvhTJSiaWZ6mDq
moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/full-radio-playlist-the-33-stalker-cop-songs
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=loli S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
moddb.com/mods/stalker-winter-edition
mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
moddb.com/games/stalker/downloads/stalker-extractor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just installed the game with the usual mods so I'm not to clear on all weapon abbreviations. Also how do I disable the brainscorcher if the ecologists are at war with my faction and attempt to then me into Swiss cheese anytime I fart near their location? Do I still need to get a special headset from them? Or are their alternatives?

FNX is a real gun. Any modded STALKER will restore original names. I'm using STCoP. One of my early kills that playthrough dropped it and it has a red dot and suppressor by default so I ditched my starting gun for it.

As for the headgear, have you tried killing the guy who normally gives it to you?

I find the first tiers pretty reliably just by looting people.

I'm pretty sure the guy that gives you the headset inexplicably stays neutral, I could be wrong. I know that it's possible for bandits to turn off the scorcher and I know people have done it, back when CRC was alive I asked one how he dealt with that issue but I forgot the answer.

You need to kill assistant Semenov to get a psy helmet, he's wearing an orange protective suit and hangs around the base, so you'll just have to shoot all the guards before looting the helmet off him. Shakarov stays neutral though, so you can still sell mutant parts to him, but you can't take any quests from him if you're enemy with the ecologists.

Detectors are quite common, you just need to loot marked stashes.

There's always a Detector (Echo I think) for free in Garbage. Head to the Flea Market area opposite the Duty Checkpoint area, go around the back of it and into the basement. It's in there with a fully repaired handgun (Makarov I think) and some ammo for it.

Yep, just double checked it.

Sheeeit.

The first time I heard that song at the bandit base I laughed hard.

Is there a mod to add squating? I feel like this would add many tactical decisions in my game. Since if done correctly, it will allow me to pick up and go immediately should the situation arise.

The devs put it in the game, you hold alt and [crouch] to low crouch (squat)

That's from Clear Sky originally, I think. Sadly they emptied the hidden save in the Swamps.

What other world stashes are there in CoC? I know the krinkov and other stuff in the car park.

There were no survivors.

Don't mind me fellas, just cheeki'ing in on you.

CoC needs a "shove" key to push STALKERs out of the way. Also a "hail" key so that you could announce your presence from cover and nearby enemies would go into combat mode whilst friendlies just carry on.

Anyone here have the 3D models on hand for the artifacts from the game? I'm feeling artsy craftsy and might think about making some cosplay props of the artifacts

NOW WE'RE STALKIN

What song is this sampled from?

Are you using vanilla weapons or did you just miss most of your shots?

Why would you do this?

So whats the verdict on lost alpha?

Why the fuck aren't the traders selling detectors?
Is there a mod that fixes this?

doesnt that nigger at the scientist base have some? what mods u playan?

You can change it yourself in a minute or so by editing the trader files. Or you can loot marked stashes which have a decent chance of having veles/svarog. Or you can get Heavy Pockets + be an econerd, and buy a svarog from Sakharov..

There are a variety of ways you can obtain the high-tier detectors.

So whats best weapon mod to use with CoM?

I'd like to know the answer to that, myself!

Kakkmaddafakka - Someone New (Roosevelt Remix)

I missed

Fucking love this edit so much. Webm for convenience

Also, if anyone's curious about the source of the movie, it's Bespredel 1989

And the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) reveals himself. Thanks, user :3c

yep fuck duty.

Once in Com i was outside the merc base and a fucking chimera started chasing me so i saved and thought fuck yeah time for some sweet loot without even having to kill anyone.
Shieeeeet how the fuck are stalkers so damn badass at killing mutants? And yeh the companion system is fucking annoying because of them blocking shit.

Have you done your part and purged the zone of it's filth?

Yeah, and the boss gave me some cool NATO weapons, too :3

Thanks fam, much appreciated.

Everything in the attached pic can be found for free in Bandit Base (not including knife) in the open and in chest in the same area. All the guns are fully repaired and, if you're not friendly with bandits, the area is unguarded and easy to slip in and out of. Good way to get good cash early on.

Let me know when you're done dying over some useless hill fighting each other or the zone.

Sounds good. While you're waiting, why don't you mercs check out this cool 2001: A Space Odyssey thing?

the enemies of the monolith will all one day see the error of their ways or be punished by death HAIL MONOLITH

I'd really like to see a STALKER total conversion mod for Arma 3 or Squad that wasn't shit. Squad is a far better candidate, but right now the mod tools aren't available. Anyone here have some experience and want to start planning something?

Slavs are working on something called ArmSTALKER. Looks pretty cool.

My problem with that mod is that it's got a lot of old assets from Stalker. ARMA/Squad have engines and assets capable of making some really good looking shit.

They said they want to eventually replace all the assets with original stuff. I think that's why it's taking so long to release.

Can't you just shoot them both in the face?

Can someone please give me tips for 3 specific things?

1. how to edit the names and descriptions of items
2. command to spawn items (specifically artifacts)
3. command to no clip

I need to know since i had a great idea for some stalker OC.

Oh and what to edit to change characters dialog specifically (((sidrobitchs)))).

If you're talking about CoC, there's a bunch of .xml files in gamedata

I'm playing through the AMK mod for SoC right now, and these two electric pouncing niggers keep blocking my path back to the Army Warehouses in the Red Forest. I've tried grenades, Strelok's Mosin, and a G36 but these guys don't die. Is there a way to take them out?

Run. And hope your version of AMK has the 2m shock radius and not 20m.

Does mega hate free users grabbing 6.5 gig files or something?

Yes.

fugg

Use literally anything other than the browser interface to get around it. I use Megatools (though it has some issues with dling only some filed in a megalink, so I'm willing to hear other options)

Just leave it running in the background until the timer rolls over, and then it will complete the download.

Good to know, though I rarely bother going to the dark valley before that stuff is just vendor trash.

Aight. Stalker mod for Arma/Squad.

I figure that it'd be easiest to design such a mod with very vanilla mission-based gameplay in mind (i.e, capture objectives, destroy bases, shit like that). The subversion of course would be the addition of environmental hazards from anomalies/radiation and potential buffs/debuffs from artifacts.

What factions would you guys want most, and what classes would each faction have? I've got a few thought up, but more input is always cool.

Loners

Bandits

Mercs

Military

I honestly expected that .gif to end with the snork unzipping the rookie's pants and giving him a gas mask blowjob for some reason.

Oh yeah, you can change those settings. Thanks for reminding me.

Use MegaDownloader, dipshit.

Vulgargrad is the shit as is CoC, playing as bandit is fun too but a bit more limited, hope you have all the quest plugins etc installed

So did I. Maybe we're destined to join Freedumb.

I've tried both of those and also jdownloader2, it doesn't even start before it gives the error. I think I may be destined to never play with doppelganger.

There's actually something like that already developed. It's Steam Workshop shit so I can't actually poke around in the files to see what it's really like but steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889103214

What are some STALKER-esque movies?

Here are the first few that come to my mind.
Wew.

It's post-apoc as fuck. Visually it looks more like Fallout, but Denzel Washington's character is nimble as a cat and has the lunatic calm of a devout christian on a mission.

Don't laugh. Three very immature high school idiots from the Seattle area basically stumble upon the wish granter. That should tell you enough about what happens without ruining it. Very fun lost footage movie, my favorite of the genre.

This will remind you why the devs left children out of the STALKER games. I crie evry tiem ;_;

The actual movie: Stalker.

Didn't like the ending of The Book Of Eli, felt liek a cop out simply to say god did it that's why he's successful it's not his own merit god did it all.

Mfw it's gonna be raining soon IRL. Perfect time to stalk.

Read Roadside Picnic

Nice try, Monolith.

Nigger I'm serious. That's what Stalker the movie and game are based on.

on a related note: apparently there's a show with the same name coming out soon. no idea if it's sticking to the book or not.
Being done by scify so, ya know, expect shit
also imdb page shows 0 slavs
imdb.com/title/tt5024734/

lel nevermind, looks like the pilot was canceled

Why'd it get canceled?

they always are.

After a small amount of lazy investigating, this is what i've got;
Originally the pilot was supposed to air on WGN (i've never heard of this network before), and it was reportedly canceled there (also no news on why). WGN was then reported to be trying to sell off the pilot to other networks. I was incorrect about SyFi picking it up, i guess AMC did. But they also decided to drop it. AMC had a trailer for it but the yougoy links are down and i'm far too lazy to search for it.

In summery: there was going to be a stalker TV show on AMC but it got canceled because of reasons. Probably for the best anyway.

Trying to learn Dirge For The Planet on guitar and it's pretty fuckin complex

RUSSIAN HACKING

Please don't die I just got vodka.

STCoP v6 never ever. ;-;

My Clear Sky radiation suit kept me relatively safe from the constant storm of monolith bullets, but man, that was quite a trip. Must've killed like 30 of those bastards.

Are you fucking kidding me? Of course it is. AMC was the network that fucked over Frank Darabont in the most retardedly obnoxious way.

They let Frank bring in his team of friends to be the cast and crew then when he handed in an ultra-successful season one and scripts for season two (which they made him promote) they fired him (before letting him direct what he'd just promoted, then gutting it to make it all more cost effected) and most of his core crew and started killing off the cast members he always uses well before their time in the comics (or giving them dramatically less screen time) so they could start drawing it out with a severely shrunk down budget while also not paying the crew or cast their full amount while also also using their lawyers to threaten the cast into keeping quiet about the whole thing.

Fuck AMC. Actual Massive Cunts.

ROASTIES GET OUT OF MY ZONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I try again and pray to RNGesus.

I have decent armor and a gas mask and 50k. I'm wondering if I should trade in my AK and plentiful ammo for the Tunder and its 9x39 ammo. Stronger firepower for 2 useful weps (Aiming for an actual Vintorex ifni find one) vs. plentiful ammo and better armor.

Not in the stalker scene even if I played SoC and CoP vanilla.
Can you explain again what is this "ironman" run?

The Call of Chernobyl mod for CoP has Ironman mode, where if you die, you die in real life.

Haha. Jk, it deletes all saves attached to the character. It's a good time

Interesting.
I should give a try to CoC.
Are the missions random or there is a narrative for each faction?

The vanilla CoC just has sort of random NPC missions, the story mode is kind of just a revisitation of underground labs. Dr X Questlines mod gives some more faction-related "story" missions that are better than vanilla, but nothing deep at all.

Do dead unique NPCs (guards at northern rostok checkpoint for example) respawn or is their post forever unguarded after that?

I also ran in an issue with the CoP maps, when a emission begins I hear the siren but get russki radiochatter without subtitles instead of a quest objective pointing to the nearest shelter. Additionally it starts raining it shouldn't rain during an emission and while the skybox changes colours correctly, there are no surges coming and the emission never ends. Attempting to stop the emission via console always either crashes the game with a unhandled exception or instantly kills me (even when I am in a safe area like Skadovsk).
I use the current 1.4.22 patch with AO3 which was still outdated for 1.4.0 I think, nothing else, no AtmospFear tweaks either.

I also had the Rostok checkpoint guards die and after a few hours they hadn't come back. I'm not sure if they ever do.

I haven't seen any issues with the emissions like that though, using 1.4.22 with AO3 and many other mods. Not sure what that's about. You've tried sleeping through it?

If I interact with a bed it just says "No way I'm going to sleep in this situation", or something similar

Hm. Not sure mate. Maybe you should try actually messing with the Atmosfear settings for it idk

So… what happened to Misery mod?

poopie

I'm going to need more info besides that.
I remember years ago that Holla Forums was looking forward that mod but suddenly it fell off the radar. I didn't care much about it because I was a bit burnt out of Stalker, but lately I came back to replay the three of them even Clear Sky, in fact I was playing it half an hour ago.

So I was looking for mods to play on CoP, CoC seems like a nice one but I wanted to know what happened to Misery. Overly complex for nothing or what?

I played Misery 2.0 a few years ago when it was new.

It had tons of bugs and crashes to desktop, then there were some patches a month or two later, which fixed most of the crashing and bugs.

Overall, it was a hideously complicated class-basedREEEEEEEEEE mod that started out next to impossible when you're in destitute mode in Zaton, and got a fair bit easier later when you have better armor. I wound up having to use a trainer to cheat for money to buy some better gear right at the start. But I guess it's a shit mod of a slav game, so financial shenanigans are part of the meta-game.

The main problem was you needed the best armor possible at all times because the enemies were ridiculously accurate and had reaction times of basically zero. The "soldier" was the only really playable class for me, since he could carry the most weight, "sniper" could have been cool since he had almost no weapon sway and could eat iffy food without getting sick. Aside: it was hard to find enough ammo at basically all times.

Its greatest strength is its "rusty kitchen sink" feel. There really is a lot to it and a lot to do. After a while it was pretty fun to get in a firefight, spend a few minutes of real-time using glue and kevlar patch kits to repair your armor and helmet, and loot the corpses. You'd find the weirdest stuff, like if you shot up some bandits at least one of them would have a sack of cocaine which basically worked like a really strong energy drink (+a few kg carry weight and almost infinite stamina, I think). Fun to use, too, since it holstered your weapon so you could spend 10 seconds or so standing still while it played sounds of chopping things with a razor blade and inhaling stuff through your nose. The gameplay style is a lot slower and more deliberate; you have to plan ahead.

I have no idea what kind of state it's in now. The devs were always running behind schedule and over-promising/under-delivering.

Fun music to Stalk to? So far my Stalklist is VulgarGrad and Russian hardbass.

I forgot to mention here , but the music in the bases in Misery 2.0 was really top-notch. One reason you gotta love mods, modders don't give a fuck about copyright or permissions.

Youtube playlist of all (most?) of the tracks here:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeY1s3KUUgspiai60H9wvhTJSiaWZ6mDq

More complete list here:
moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/full-radio-playlist-the-33-stalker-cop-songs

My favorite song from the bunch in embed related. Good hunting, STALKER-mod-kun :3c

Just installed CoC and the Arsenal Overhaul addon. Am I supposed to see the new weapons out and about? So far I've only seen the vanilla stuff.

I just watched this

Leningrad.

And some Little Big, if you're feeling Cheeki Breeki.

Hell yeah. Good music recs boys. Thanks.

Good taste.

Yeah there will be new weapons around. The further north you get the more likely they are to drop.

Pretty good watch, overall.

Well, this has been something, pic related.
Clear Sky may be the worst Stalker but it has some nice things here and there.

Honestly I like working for Clear Sky in CoC. They pay well and their jobs are low risk. I usually have enough saved up for a CS3a and gas mask like 3 missions in even with my usual route of

What is your strategy for clearing out the bandits at the beginning? It usually gives me trouble with the starting shotgun or pistol.

Here's this again for anyone who wants it. I don't know who capped this but sometimes I feel like I'm the only user on Holla Forums not using the fucking dark themes and coloured IDs.

Not that this user is using coloured IDs, I suppose. I just find those to get messy beyond ~20 unique posters.

What is it with hoes, that they have always to cosplay shit, they don't know about

the ones in the carpark? I usually approach from the side and use a nade I found in rookie village ot kill off the ones around the campfire. If not I'm engaging through hit and run tactics if I don't get a rifle to start with

THANNKKKKKKKKK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminder to filter all namefags immediately.

Attention.

Fuck you

Also with a shotgun not too hard if you get the drop on them when they're around the campfire. Butusually by the time I head out after scaving the rookie village for stuff and talking to sidrovich they're usually engaging the military so I just pick off anyone injured and walk away with some sweet gear

The amount of SoC playthroughs I did probably can't be counted on one hand anymore, and I didn't even know this basement existed, holy fuck.

Because that basement only exists in Clear Sky.

This song and the guy who plays it are so fucking good.

Motherfucker

Best exo in CoC?

Depends on what you want. I think Military is the toughest in terms of raw resistances, but sucks for anomalies. Merc gets 5 artifact slots upgraded and Bandit is the lightest.

First priority is anomaly protection, next is mutant attacks, not very worried about enemy fire.

I think the Monolith one has good anomaly protection, but it has no psy protection whatsoever.

Footage of Lenin calling forth the Commiepocalypse

haha good one, we all know that never happens.

Either way, well played

How do I fix the bug in Shadow of Chernobyl where the inventory scrollbar always moves on the top as soon I change some items? There is some mods like OGSE 0.6.9.4 that seems to have fixed it

it's a feature

So I'm fending off shitters, taking their shitter guns and medical supplies, and I've fought myself through about 2 in-game hours of this. Soon I'll be able to actually see, and then I'll just wipe out the nearby loner base
Fucking STALKERs

everyone beneath and above this post is complete suka bitch faggot black people

heads I win, tails your a fagt,eeh?
no u

tails i win heads i win ur stil fagt

Does ZRP have a fix for it?

better question is why does the inventory "reset" in vendors when i buy something off them? makes it confusing when im play something with a shitload of items like misery. And lastly please observe that ur also fagot

What's wrong with humility you fedora?

Wait, there's a "Happy Merchant" class in CoC?

why has no one memed the (((echo))) detector into something funny yet? like mod it so if you go up to sidrovich and it picks up a signal from him. And alter his dialog to say something really jewy…

can one of you fine negroes with some modding skill do this? sukas

Look man, I appreciate you trying to be funny and all, but you're coming across like pic related.

Well thanks at least for appreciating my effort. Just trying to liven up the thread a little.

At times I wish this game had soft-aiming, or whatever you call it, similar to Red Orchestras.

I don't care if the film has religious tones, it just takes away from his accomplishments of getting as far as he did for the reasons he did by simply saying that he didn't get that far because he can't and god is the only thing that got him that far. It deflates him from being a character with a drive to completely being just a puppet.

Terrible end to a film that was a great experience otherwise.

Full album.

So whats the recommended plugin list?

muh jraphics. ty based GPU god for this experience.

I have never used ZRP with SHoC at all, how does that one work even with mods like the Winter Mod that provides their own XR_3DA.exe and a few other .dll files?

i want a loli mod

With misery 2.2 coming out soon and TZA 2.0 with it with an added 200 fully modeled and fully textured guns. what will your setup be?

first videogame to have a bren-ten

What a shame. I really like this winter themed zone which isn't too bad save for some few graphical glitches that appear during the day such as that the snow looks awfully bright. I feel playing Shadow of Chernobyl more since it appeals to me more as of lately instead of Call of Chernobyl I have a bit hard times pointing out why SHoC feels a bit more right then Call of Chernobyl, maybe its due to a few subtle things like animation, everyone is speaking in Slav instead of English and despite the smallish map it is actually quite "filled".

I might play it till I get to X-16 or X-18 just to see how much more this mod has to offer and then play one of those "Peoples Soup" mod or whatever they are named since on moddb there are 2 versions of it. Playing OGSE 0.6.9.4 again for the 2nd time due to a gameplay breaking bug and trying to finish one of those side mission really burned me out.

inb4 crosshairs

Most mosts nowadays include ZRP, if they don't they should be 100% compatible as long as you install ZRP first then overwrite (if it doesn't ask you to overwrite files then you're golden).
Is the Winter Mod purely graphical? If so ZRP will be fine, install it ASAP.

The Zone is the only woman allowed user. That said I can give you this, surprisingly entertaining and actually fucking finished quest: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=loli S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

That is good since looking at the bugs that ZRP has fixed is quite a few despite the vanilla 1.004-1.006 patches.
Hmm I guess I am a bit out of luck for my Winter mod playthrough then since it is not 100% graphical it has quite a few stuff like several few more weapons, probably some quest changes, drivable vehicles and probably some more. The mod doesn't have any readme.txt and the description of the mod page was pretty spare, I need to install the ZRP patch later then before I also install "Peoples Soup" mod. The only bug I had so far was that I couldn't select the last 2 rows on the items at the bottom and I had to fix it manually by tweaking the

Honestly it'll still probably work, just deny any overwrites it asks to do. Have you got a moddb page for the Winter Mod or something? I could always have a look and see.
>The only bug I had so far was that I couldn't select the last 2 rows on the items at the bottom and I had to fix it manually by tweaking the

Honestly though the Bren Ten is pretty cool, I thought it'd have been in a video game already but I checked IMFDB and you seem to be correct.

isnt the one in lost alpha have a useable gun?

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would first roll his armored vehicle at 10 kph before shooting a man.

oh so they didnt fix the vehicles in the new release? shieeeeeet

I guess the last time I played it was 2015, with a version from (I think) 2014.

Overall the mod was so half-baked (even had massive areas with NOTHING TO SHOOT REEEEEEEEE) I haven't paid much attention to it since.

yep sounds like it was when i played it around then as well. disaster-wave said that the new release is gonna be way more polished and finished? any one here tried it yet? im phone posting and cant dl and try it atm this ip is blocked from halfchan so i cant ask any of them niggeridoos.

moddb.com/mods/stalker-winter-edition here you go.

(checked)
Now that you mention it yeah it does actually and funnily enough the ammo of it is even infinite, too bad only the 7.62mm PKT is useable and the 14.5mm PKWT cannot be fired at all, at least it is something.

At least you can talk! Who are you?

Was there also any mention that they are going to remove the shitty Illuminati reference which has absolutely nothing to do at all with Oblivion Lost?

Had a look, no joy I'm afraid. I'd probably just apply ZRP and see what happens but then again I'm not the one who's current run might be interrupted.

wtf? i never heard of that when i played circa 2014. sounds gay af tbh

ao3, owr or stcop

i've played with ao3 before but i'm considering giving one of the others a try. which do you think is the best?

That guy can't aim for shit.

he also doesn't know about wizard difficulty.

What tools do I need to get started with CoC modding? The first thing I want to do is edit the radio tracks played in the 100 Rads.

What the fuck? So I can only store safely my shit on containers near traders instead?

For CoC?
STCoP and this tweak: mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw

Monolith just need some places to chill and play guitar and harmonica. I'd play them a lot more, then.
Like maybe a way to have them invade Rostok and murder everyone, then immediately all sit down over the bodies of the slain and start playing music like nothing happened. That'd be comfy.

The Warfare mod perhaps?

Is it possible to mod different playlists for different radios? Like have freedom blaring some load rock music and duty playing something that sounds like random radio chatter between squads and the base?

shit guns the game through. For the love god they better fix all the game breaKing shit though fuck. What kind of devs release shit with a quicksave function that literally breaks the fucking game?

Also untrelated to your post but with other british guns finding their way into the zone how come an bren mahcine gun hasnt appeared in any mods? It looks cool as fuck and should at least make some sense.

Do NPCs attack traders and mechanics belonging to enemy factions?

sometimes but it seems they just run away without fighting. Obviously guys behind bullet proof glass just stand around like nothings wrong though.

Honestly never tried it but I suspect so. I know you can kill them certainly.

Put some effort next time, don't be lazy.

Cheeki breeki my friends.
I know I have been silent for a long time, but here. Got something for ya.

- Doko

Are you the real deal or just larping?

I always get that but yes, I always post on Holla Forums Holla Forums stalker threads when we get something major.

also benis.

Yep and they will never respawn, for example at the Rostok front barrier where the dogs lair is located there are several duty soldiers guarding it and when they are killed those free spot does not get occupied anymore and thus it will always causes the issues that mutant niggers will constantly invade the Bar territory because there is nobody else shooting those mutants before they can enter it.

I like the idea of the Warfare mod in general but in my opinion it sucks right now, such as the issues I mentioned before and the other one is that for example the Freedums base got 4 territory and when only of them is occupied by the Freedom and the remaining 3 is occupied by other neutral to freedom faction, they act as a proxy Trojan horse which causes the duty faction to constantly harass the last 1 spot occupied by Freedom, and this alone really pissed me off since I have to pay attention constantly to that 1 last spot so that I can go there safely for doing missions or buying shit without having to kill the duties there all the time. So on my current Call of Chernobyl playthrough I don't use the Warfare mod anymore and instead I use the unlocked A-life mod instead.

You're a finn? What the fuck?
ps. ebin juttu make spörölöö
pps. millon julkasu?

Noice. Also, the trailer doesn´t look half bad, either.

Julkasu päiviä ei olla sovittu sitte viime tunaroimisen kerran, ihmiset tekee kumminki suurimman osaksi ilmaseksi tätä projektia, samoten ite.

year and half ago we were unsure if we could add VOIP but its in there now. Personally I haven't had the time to chat with the guys for half a year nor did I make any updates on FB or ModDB. But the time is now again, to make some updates.

Osaatko sanoa kuinka hyvin hommat etenee? Hyvin, huonosti, hyvin huonosti? Onko modi jo pelatavassa kunossa vai onko vain pohjatyö valmiina? Niin ja onnea projektille, sen verta massiivinen homma varmasti yrittää muuttaa stalkkeria moninpeliksi ja onhan tuo varmasti jokaisen fanin unelma päästä stalkkeroimaan porukalla.

ebin

Are you that user who is like a publicity fag for the slavs involved?

looks great

Yeah that's me, handling community for FB and ModDB. Also wrote shit ton of NPC and quest related shit. Been on this for past 2 and half years. Second year has not been as busy as the first though.

Homma etenee koko ajan hyvin mutta helvetin hitaasti koska työvoima pula. Vitun osaavaa porukkaa ja pää koodarit on ihme neroja. Perus peli toimii, voit juosta vöyhykkeellä kamujen kanssa ja ampua mutantteja. Mutta A-Life vähä pisti lagia servulle liikaa mitä viimeksi pelasin puolvuotta sitten. Aikoinaan meillä oli 2 tiimiä, international ja venäjä. Mutta kun ei vaan venöjän puolelta pidetty yhteyksiä kunnol niin porukka hajos, tosin ei tärkeitä henkilöitä ollu paljoa. Ite ja muutama muu tähä jääny ihan yhteisen hyvän vuoksi ja pitäny projektia silmällä sekä antanut ääntä näin venäjän ulkopuoleltakin.

When did this thread turn into /int/? Not that I am complaining, it´s still better than 90% of the shit in Holla Forums catalog.

Make the slavs hurry up goddamnit. CRC alone makes STALKER amazing fun and I want to remove freedumb with friends already.

You have no idea how many times my mood has went from 120% hype to 0 regarding RoH. When shits silent I am also. When I get something new I am opening cart of vodka and celebrate all night. The first year of headache with the people on the project was nuts.

Hyvä kuulla että projekti etenee, vaikka teistä ei olekkaan kuulunut pitkään aikaan mitään ":D". Pelkkä ajatuskin niistä seikkailuista mitä tuossa modissa tullaan porukalla kokemaan saa kyrpäni niin kovaksi, että sillä voi leikata timanttia.

Mites muuten, sitten kun modi julkaistaan niin julkaisetteko te jotain hostausfiluja kanssa samalla? Tai siis voiko hostata omaa servua jos haluaa vaan kamerusten kanssa spurdoilla vai pitääkö pelata teidän jollain isommilla servuilla?

Anteeksi, en ole postannu mitää mihinkää ku ei venäjältä vastattu, joten jäin masturboimaan ja pelaamaan vidya. Ja pomo mies aika tarkka ton koodin kanssa ollu koska oli se varastamis yritys pari vuotta taakse päin. Mutta kun peli on 100% done niin en tiedä kauanko menee enneku ihmiset saa alkaa hostaamaan omia servuja. Tuo peli kumminkin tulee olemaan nettisivuun accounttiin sidottuna. Mutta tarkotus ois että ihmiset jossain vaiheessa saisivat pelata vaikka koko pelin läpi co-op omassa pienes porukassa jos eivät halua tuota täys multiplayeriä et jokku brasilialaiset tulee puskista ja ampuvat. Mut kyl se hetken aikaa tulee oleen niin sanotusti yksinoikeutena et me hostataan servut jossa ihmiset saa pelata. Katotaa lähempänä kun ollaan jo pelaamassa
:-DDDD

A lot of features in that video remind me of ARMA. The random events also seems straight out of the wasteland mod. Really good ideas, honestly.

Fuck though, every time you post news I think
Either way, god bless you, mongolanon.

Will I be able to be in a private coop session with my friends or will I be forced to join a public server/s?

Been thinking the same for 2 and half years, and I still am on the team even when I felt like "fuck it"

But every time I get new info or talk with comrades how the progress etc. Then videos like the latest one show up. I get all" omg yes YES!"

Ar first you will be forced to join our server, from a gunpoint.

After either code is released (which I think is highly unlikely) or give people some shit so they are able to host their own shit.

blyat :DDD

I'm just afraid there's something that will sour the deal. The amount of work, and the premise itself, are fucking gargantuan and I'm skeptical they can deliver what they're promising. Especially considering how shit most games are these days.
And since this is a mod, I'm guessing it'd be free as well. With the work they've put in and plan to, it doesn't make sense. Most people would expect to make a living off that.

I want to believe, but I also don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

Well for what it's worth, year or so ago we had talk with the team. back then they would like to this become their own game and make some money from it. But as it's going to be a mod for starters they will just take the money from cosmetic shit like player skins, weapon skins etc. And we made patreon right now to help with the server side. Also there has been discussion regarding stalker rights with GSC but can't tell you more about that, I think it will become public knowledge at some point. We shall see,

All the work put on this, and once people pour in. They deserve some dosh. But my tip is that stay off the hype, until you play the game for the first time. And give the devs money if you think they deserve it. I am already backing the project with 10 bucks a month, can't give more now. I want servers rolling asap.

I guess skins aren't the worst thing they could do, so I'm fine as long as it stays at that. I do recall GSC said they'd be fine with people making mods as long as they're free or something. We'll see.
That seems to be the most sensible thing.

Thanks for the answer, man.

fug, the broken English really hit in the feels

You mind spoonfeeding me on that, friendo?

A book that takes place few years after CoP where a new Zone appears in Afghanistan.

Muslim bloodsuckers, haram

Pretty much anything is halal if it hurts white people, user.

I want to Stalkan in mountains

The book was and the other one Northern Passage are both fucking awesome. Really sold me on the idea of a zone appearing in the middle east and made the mudslimes the sort of characters they deserved to be.

so with RoH is it gonna be basically CoC? will we get shit like darkscape and generators?

as in talking directly with gsc?

I remember reading they wanted every map, including cut ones, to be accessible. They also said they got rid of loading times and added transitions from one area to the other, like a long-ass train tunnel from Cordon to Darkscape if I remember an older video correctly.
In the dev log posted earlier they said they want to make their own maps to fit the multiplayer better, but I saw the bandit car park in there. So who knows.

Had a cup of coffee with Sergey Grigorovich and long chat.

Imagine the zone with all the old areas, some new ones. And places in between those old areas, a lot of empty space to add something. Without loading times. We wanted 1 big map but because A-Life can't handle all that stuff in huge map it's probably gonna be cut in half as in north and south zone.

This is from an old build that as used in closed alpha but you could run everywhere on this map. But for testing purposes only Cordon area was populated. Anyway there is bunch of screens and videos on ModDB.

that works for me. I wouldn't mind load zones that worked on a per client basis, but that's probably too much to do. This way you could have the standard areas while expanding on them. I did like how CoC expanded the map transition points so a map like the garbage has multiple ways in and out of it and not just hte one to and from cordon and to and from rostok.

in fact because I'm shit at dodging the comet anomaly under the bridge in wild territory I usually go to the garbage then to that bit of area after the comet then to Yantar

I saw the car-park too. I wouldn't mind old areas that are expanded. but not Lost Alpha LOLHEUG where you end up with a whole lot of nothing going on in the new places

ALLRIGHT BOYS
BEST MOD FOR FIRST PLAYTHROUGH
I'M DOING IT THIS TIME.

zrp

without the optionals

Why does this guy talk like such a fucking redditor?

neat. Also with factions any info on those. I liked how CoC included clear sky and gave them a backstory that the remainders that survived pieced themselves back together. will we be able to do the same, go to the great swamp? I like working for them in CoC because they pay well and their base is safe and secluded

Okay I'm gonna play STALKER for the first time, I'm downloading the first one right now.
Is there anything I need to know before I start? Is there an official patch that I absolutely must have if I don't want the game to shit itself constantly?

You need the 1.0004 patch at least which fixes a good amount of bugs and for even more fixes you need the ZRP patch which comes with several optional features. How useful the 1.0005/1.0006 patches are I don't know they are supposedly a multi player only fixes but I recall a post long time ago they also do some changes in the single player part in a way unknown to me.
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/

Oh my, a virgin…
Play with no mods, just patch the game, expect no handouts in this game, be good to people and thoroughly enjoy yourself.

All right, thanks, I got the patch. Currently on my very first mission, getting raped again and again. Maybe I should've picked the pussy difficulty or searched the camp for real guns.

just play on master difficulty

which weapon mod for coc has the most weapon variety and not a lot of variations? i cant find a weapon list for the mods anywhere and i dont really wanna see an akm, then an akm with a scope, then an akm with other tacticool shit on it

nice. good luck with that licensing shit.

Play on Master only and go for headshots. Kill the carpark cheeki bandits and loot guns as you go.

How would master change things? I already die in 1 second if I'm out in the open against just one guy, and I figured out stealthily killing people with headshots is best anyway. Or would 1 headshot no longer be enough on Master?

Master difficulty actually levels the playing field somewhat since it increases the damage both you AND enemies take.

Everything does more damage on Master.

It's actually easier, because you can kill enemies faster.

fucking rookies man

heh

Stealth is your friend when you are outnumbered - try approaching the bandit site from the south and lob a grenade (if you have one) in the middle of bandits sitting around the campfire, then back away, enter the site from around north and keep sniping them with your peestol. For bonus points, refuse the help from those friendly stalkers and do it alone for shit and giggles.

TAZ 2.0
ray of hope

I really hope these aren't released at the same time. Hopefully TAZ 2.0 is released before since its an easier project and looks closer to being done

Regarding factions, Clear Sky and Renegades are not in RoH. As game takes place after the SoC, CS and CoP. But rest are. Scientist most likely won't be join-able. You can bet most Russians join monolith and screw around.

from what was shown in the new video. this has been developed a lot.

shaem. like I said CoC did it in a way it was nice, clear sky was still around, just more or less at the power they were at at the start of CS. I don't mind not being able to join the ecologist. Just gonna be sad because CS in CoC are bros, they pay well. Their base is easily defended and has a camp right outside it used as a lookout. don't really care about renegades since bandits just puttering about would work.

They're also my favorite faction. A shame, but without them there's still 7 different playable factions. It should be reasonably interesting either way.
Just not sure what they'll do with the great swamp, it's at the ass end of the map right next to cordon and there's not that much going on there aside from being a faction base.

What mods let me be a real villain?

CoC lets you be a bandit

Still would be nice. Something had to have happen to it post emission

WHAT THE FUCK

Anyone got a crack for SoC 1.0005?

Whats the best way to merge 2 xbox huge trader files from 2 different mods on Call of Chernobyl? Or do I need to wrangle my way by using 2 ATX Tool Set?

Once i'm done with SoC ZRP, should i jump to CoP or is there anything interesting on SoC?
I want to go full /k/ in the woods

I just out-bandited a bandit.

more ROH footage.

damn…
daaaaamn….
DAAAAAAAMNNNN

That's just a talk-over by some fag of the dev log video.

Yes you do. See pic 1.
Yes. Pic 2.
No. hit_probability only affects shots against the actor. Also in SoC, difficulty determines weapon damage (pic 3), and not in the way the chronic shitposters regurgitating old debunked myths are telling you. So going from Novice to Master results in weapons doing about 30% less damage, but the player's base damage resistance to guns (fire_wound_immunity) is tanked from 50% to 0%, so the net result is that enemies do much more damage to you, but you do less damage to them (they also deal less damage to each other).

I would still recommend playing on Master, since you can soak way too much damage on lower difficulties, but ideally you tweak it and remove time_to_aim and mildly increase the damage multipliers in m_stalker so that human NPCs take about as much damage as you would in equivalent armor.

Do note that there's a serial lying faggot who lurks these threads where all he does is make shit up and try to mislead anons about the difficulty mechanics, even down to SJW-tier shit like posting links that directly disprove what he just said, while claiming that they support his bullshit non-arguments.

Okay this explains why the enemy soaks up so many bullets on master.
What do you recommend for player/npc parity?

they do?

I'm typically aiming at the head anyways because body armor is a thing and most people don't wear anything outside of a ski mask or the rubber gas mask

Depends what mods you're using, but the simplest is to just set time_to_aim to 0 which disables the retarded damage reduction buff enemies get when you shoot them in the same limb multiple times which is what's largely responsible for enemies feeling obscenely spongy. If you're still not feeling it, raising the hitbox multipliers in m_stalker by ~20-40% should get you where you want to be.

When a slav in a hoodie can soak multiple 5.45x39 shots to the spine when they'd be instantly incapacitated otherwise, yeah that's pretty spongy. Also armor doesn't work the way you think it works in the game, the reduction is uniformly applied across all hitboxes, it's just that the head hitbox multiplier is high, so you have these enemies in either no armor or just soft armor (which should offer zero protection against rifles) that can soak an obscene amount of damage if you don't shoot them in the head. STALKER presents a realistic and deep atmosphere, but unfortunately falls into the classic arcade shooter trope of "balloon headed" enemies that take very little damage outside of headshots, especially if you haven't disabled TTA. The player is afforded no such protections; getting shot in the leg is the same as getting shot in the head (1.0 damage mult).

So what would be a good preset for a rebalance of master?

I'm only uzing ZRP

CoC with STCoP and my damage tweak with the increased NPC accuracy profile (linked in the thread already) is roughly what I personally feel to be "optimal" for Master in that it aligns with my idea that STALKER is best when the combat is closer to 'milsim' than 'arcade', and every weapon is viable.

If that sounds good to you, give it a try. Ironman mode recommended.

If you're on your first playthrough, just set time_to_aim in each weapon ltx to 0 and that should give you a good enough vanilla experience before you go crazy with mods.

Allright, will do

Checked config\weapons and can't find that attribute in any of the .ltx files. Am i doing something wrong?

Nevermind, found it but just on the g36/fn2000 ltx files, is that right?

Unpack your databases, or download the unpacked files from here: mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g

the beginning shows new areas

I'm angry. Angry about grenades.
Holy fuck these niggers have pin point aim with grenades, what the fuck. Also, does anyone know how to fix enemy invincibility on animation? Like when you shoot them and they're bending down.

aim at their chest and not the head

That being said why are zombified stalkers so accurate?

It's not invincibility, it's just something silly like ~90% damage reduction for the duration of time_to_aim on all consecutive hits on that hitbox. Set time_to_aim for all weapons to 0 and you'll solve the problem.

As for grenade accuracy, it's treated like any other weapon and uses the fire dispersion settings in the weapon ltx, and then is modified by the NPC's fire dispersions. This means that you can't lower their "accuracy" (increasing the spread) without either making them less accurate for both NPCs and you (modifying the grenades), or making NPCs less accurate with all weapons (modifying the npc fire dispersions).

Shitty design decisions. Easily fixed though.

where the fuck do i get sniper rifles in CoP? other than ordering one like a fucking shitter

>immediately feel compelled to post about it on twitter send a textmessage to all nearby PDAs

You can get a Vintar BC on the burnt farmstead in Zaton.

editing their accuracy right? I should get on that in all honesty.

Can someone please make a mod that changes how difficulty works? Remove making the enemy do more and take less damage, it's frustrating artificial difficulty bullshit. Make harder difficulties make the enemy more intelligent when it comes to fighting instead.

You're saying to rewrite the fucking AI.

I know damn well what I'm saying. I'm sick of being one-shot by a pistol after having pumped in 10 assault rifle rounds into an enemy from 50 meters away. It's putting me off the fucking game.

Aresenal overhaul is pissing me off, what other mod should I use.

That's damage values, read the thread it gets annoying I know. But learn to lean out of cover. Also it's just editing some cfg files more or less

I use OWR because it's just vanilla weapons with rextures and new models. dunno if it changes anything else

I have learned how to use cover effectively and use lean like a pro. Pro lean strats, you don't even know. Higher difficulty increase enemy accuracy too which I wouldn't mind so much if they were instantkills 50% of the time with weapon's that shouldn't instant kill at those ranges so cover and lean is all relatively moot if the few shots they take at you kill you half the time. It's shit design and someone needs to mod it out.

I was pretty happy when I stumbled on that, I never used it until the last few segments of the game though

Open m_stalker_zombied.ltx, search for the lines in pic, and raise them until you're satisfied. The value is the multiplier on the weapon's base spread. So 16 means a 16 times larger spread, for example. You may also want to raise the transparency_threshold so they can't see you through bushes and shit, and possibly narrowing their field of view as well.

You can easily disable the "artificial difficulty bullshit" by just tweaking the difficulty settings yourself so that you kill enemies just as fast as they kill you in equivalent armor, but you're never going to be able to make them more intelligent. Sadly the AI is very limited.

It doesn't really increase enemy accuracy, it just lowers your "dodge" chance (hit_probability in actor.ltx) which is the percent of deleting shots that actually intersected with your hitbox.

It's really not that bad when you learn to play with it. I would also like to see some improvements to the AI but that will likely never happen

I fight like a shitter. I'll lead them into places where I have the advantage or can get the drop.

example is the Car park with the bandits. if I have a shit weapon I lure them into the building with the AK74U you can find and hide behind the crates on the ground floor and ambush them or hide at the top of the stairs with the rifle pointed at the stairs.

nice, but where do I find the file itself?

It's in config/creatures. If it's not there, that means it's still packed in the databases and must be extracted.

gotta extract it I never fiddled with the files

OK.

Thank you, might as well download that entire mega for archival purposes
Also, is there a way to remove the noise you generate when you load a save?

What do I use to extract the files?

You can try pulling out your binoculars which makes less noise than if you have a weapon equipped, but the best solution for that is to just try not save near enemies.

moddb.com/games/stalker/downloads/stalker-extractor

thx fam

Is there ever going to be a spiritual successor to STALKER that isn't an on-rails FPS?

Possibly but odds are it'll be an unpolished, obscure slav game. Remember that SoC was actually pretty polished by slav standards, you should try getting into the crazy FPS games they release if you want to see unpolished.

some weird shit happened too.

There's also a shortcut for using the trade/repair screen, just press X. When taking stuff from stashes or other stalker's inventory X will take everything. Wish I'd known that sooner.

Best song in COC? I usually have the whole playlist playing when I'm rolling around on my bandit, except for the most tense parts.

I'm a sucker for this one. It's my usual go to for roaming and general banditry

I fucking hate bloodsuckers, why in the actual fuck would you make them cloak, I heard it's worse in previous iterations where cloaking MADE THEM FUCKING INVINCIBLE

Fucking Monocucks, I swear 90% of my ironmeme runs end because of those fucking brainwashed shabbos goyim.

the combat tracks from CoP are amazing.

I always found it weird that in the garbage after you clean out bandits monolith starts appearing there.

not as bad as burers. There is always one in agroprom if you're entering from the great swamp.

The Wandering Monocuck is everywhere. In CoC with some mod they start showing up occasionally in the bar at Jupiter. They pretend they are just having a drink, but when I show up they start culturally enriching the place.

That really sums up my Clear Sky experience, thank God enemies call out every grenade toss

There is even the Monolith in Zaton, and they're fucking everywhere. You can get killed by a squad the moment you get out of the Skadovsk, just at the door. Happened to me.
And what's the deal with 5.45 rifles needing 4 headshots to kill a soldier? Good thing I found a 7.62 so I can one-shot my way through the Zone now.

Is CS skippable? I've heard it's buggy as fuck

Yes. It's the weakest in the triology.

yeah that was weird.

Also the extractor isn't working for me I think

The story is kind of interesting and they added some nice mechanics, but the entire end of the story is an awful long corridor segment. I didn't experience any bugs but I really had to push my way through it. CoP on the other hand is so well developed they could've called it STALKER 2 and I wouldnt have had a problem

NOPE
NOPE

What do I need to edit to change the availability and price of the tools? I want to increase the chance of Barkeep selling them, but make them cost something like 20 or 30,000.

I've got 4 hours of cumulative time in the steam version of the first game, and I've never made it past that checkpoint under the railroad tracks near the starting area because the game crashes when I get to the guy that gets mobbed by dogs every. Single. Time.

It's made me hate the game.

So im pretty far into a game CoM and Im an ecologist. I decide to drag most of my shit over to Jupiter and hang out there for a while doing quests and gaining rep with ecologists etc etc. I go over to the bunker and it seems loners have replaced the guard contingent. One of them (only one ffs) is hostile and starts shooting me. I kill him and it starts a chain reaction with the rest of the loners! Is there a way to sneak kill him without the rest noticing with there million mile CoM "I just saw a stalker kill a dog one the other side of the map through all the terrain" vision? I dont want war with the loners.

Ok so it turns out the guy was acutally a bandit but for some reason the loners where friendly to him. Whats up with that?

Just a little update regarding RoH, busy weekend. We got couple new devs, skilled modeler/animator which this time is actually from USA and voice actor for english dev diary/npc's etc, also from USA. Streamer contacted us and at some point we are gonna play some Tarkov with him and talk about RoH in general on stream with me and couple other devs. Should take 3 months for the next dev diary video, and right now we are building the game world and map.

Stay safe stalkers.

Did you patch it? I remember playing it off of a CD and the crashes were insane.

Something similar happened to me recently in CoC but I think I might have kicked it off by shooting a Loner wearing bandit clothing.

I'm curious about it too.
I need a mod to play. CoC becomes boring at some point. I also want a mod where weapons actually do damage.

(I know there's a weapon damage modifier mod for CoC that's not the point)