I'm a failure

how was your day, Holla Forums?

Slightly better knowing I'm not you.

it boggles my mind that people don't ever think that you can run away from the critters in old CRPGs. 100% of the complaints about FO2's initial temple are caused by that misunderstanding.

That's pretty realistic tbh.

What are you waiting for op?

smh

>>>/reddit/

I'm doing pretty good at tetris

Sucks to be you.

Who the fuck else would you be?

i could have been you and been doing a sarcastic post

This is usually the main complaint from casuals about roguelikes too. People refuse to think sometimes

You fucking normal.

Can't play as a ghoul sadly

NO!
I MUST BE ABLE TO KILL EVERYTHING THAT I ENCOUNTER UNLESS THE GAME TELLS ME TO RUN AWAY!

that got a laugh out of me OP

was I playing fallout 4?

Play fallout 4 instead, its easier and has more mods

modern Holla Forums

why the fuck would I run away? That was the first 10 minutes of the game. I could start over.

get out

Subnautica
Over all, I think it was a very nice haul. Now I just need to get over my very rational fear of caves (texture/polygon pop-in) and look for silver to build the actual moonpool.

Because you're incapable of killing rats?

Because your character wasn't ready for that fight.
Why do you need to kill everything on sight?
sometimes it's a waste of time and ammo.

Why?

knife all the way

because last time I played, never got to lvl2 because everything killed me. So I got used to start FO1 by stabbing every rat I found.

sad!

I never found any better solution to be honest

Your board on Mark.

Waste of time

but not of ammo! Plus my guy had less chances to hit with guns than by knife.

Ayyy

How the fuck do I get around the fact that this game hasn't held up well at all, speed and pace-wise?

Stop being impatient?

kill yourself

If I wanted something that moved at the pace real life (possibly slower) I wouldn't be playing vidya though.

Then play New Vegas.

new vegas was dank

Just jump in at the midpoint of a series?

Like it matters with nu-Fallout, at most you're going to miss out some nods that don't affect shit.

agreed

i'm building a nuclear power plant
it's 60% done, just need more offices, defined borders and residences

Look asshole, I don't have a magical "MODERN CONVENIENCE CONVERSION" mod for FO1 or FO2. I don't know of any modern remakes of classic Fallout by Bethesda. I don't know of any spiritual successors with a modded in FO1 campaign. I don't know how Wastelands 2 compares to it.

If you don't like how the game plays, don't play it, nobody is forcing you, this isn't a fucking club. Play what you want, say what you want, just be ready to be rightfully called out on your shitnanigans.

It isn't like they're wholly connected. They're in the same universe, yes, but they're mostly separate from each other. You just ignore the fuck out of 3 and 4 because Eastern America is handled by Bethesda. The good shit is Western.

To be fair New Vegas has a lot of references to the original game. When I dropped Fallout 1 for New Vegas I felt like I was missing something. I still can't play the first 2 games, I just don't the way they play

I started playing Dark Souls 3 for the first time. It's okay I suppose, a bit bland so far.

Actually Fallout was designed around being able to be completed regardless of your build. They even ran the game with intentionally shit builds just to see if it was possible to complete.

Video games that don't crawl along at a snail's pace isn't a new thing, in fact, most games these days have the pace of a tree sloth.

it's been a while

Did you put the combat speed to max and make it so that you're always sprinting in the options menu?

My tummy hurts.

user the first creature I encountered in FO1 was a rad scorpion, and I killed it no problem. What the fuck are you doing?

You should have at least AG 6 for 8 Action Points. Kick a rat for 4, then run away. It will follow you but bot have enough AP to attack. Kick it again and run away. Repeat until it dies. May take a while.

Once you go up a few levels, you wont have to kite enemies like this. Also ending a turn with extra AP in FO1 and 2 boosts your armor by a bit.

My fav build for FO2 evil runs:

Gifted + Small Frame / Tag Small Guns, Lockpick, Speech

S 5 (chip + MkII APA = 10)
P 8 (+1 chip, +1 perk =10)
E 4 (dont get shot, stims are plentiful, take buffout for EN stat checks)
C 8 (+1 chip, +1 shades = 10)
I 8 (+1 chip, +1 Zeta Scan = 10)
A 6 (take buffout/psycho/jet if you need more AP, there arent any AG checks past 6 iirc)
L 9 (+1 zeta scan = 10)

You can snipe, bullshit, and steal your way to victory. Once you get a .223 pistol its basically EZmode.

Is that gun really that powerful?

again
This build also lets you take the vault city citizenship test if you're doing a shithead run, since theres no way to become a citizen if you cause the gecko plant to melt down

You may need to pickpocket Lynnette's Mentats though if you havent scored any elsewhere yet.

.223 pistol is practically endgame. You can use it against anything and it'll fuck shit up.

There's "more powerful" guns like the gauss rifle/pistol but not by much and you dont get them until way later. I always keep a .223 pistol on my guy all the way through the endgame for killing weaker/common enemies. I try and save 2mm gauss ammo for mutants and power armored guys (but the .223 will BTFO super mutants if you go for the eyes and get solid crits)

Did you use a pre-made character Mr. Faggot Dubs?

luck I guess

not even

Then you will never be able to appreciate the finer things in life.