Tfw you are the only guy that bought a Vita and all your 3DS adopting friends have run out of games and cant find a new...

Tfw you are the only guy that bought a Vita and all your 3DS adopting friends have run out of games and cant find a new Vita anymore

Its dead to sony but for a consumer is the Vita winning the long game? its got lots of good weebshit on the horizon but its looking like megaten and mon are jumping to the switch making the 3ds a pokemon only device now.

Do you own both? which do you still use more?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackinformer.com/2015/09/24/mr-gas-releases-methode-to-write-to-the-vita-filesystem-pstv-whitelist-patch/
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46154
rinnegatamante.it/AntiBlacklist11.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I own both, but I've barely touched the Vita despite being interested in a decent amount of its library. I'm not willing to spend money on games for it with my limited funds and while I did set up henkaku when it first surfaced the piracy sucks ass compared to the convenience of 3ds, even fucking booting into henkaku was a total crapshoot if you were trying to do it offline through that email method last I checked. Is it any better these days? Are newer games still pirateable or did Sony manage to nip it in the bud with required FW updates to launch or something?

Winning the long game isn't eventually reaching the position of being somewhat interesting to someone who has exhausted the library of the competition that curbstomped you for years. That's like saying the tortoise won if she won one race out of a hundred because the hare eventually lost interest and fucked off.

I own both, and there's still stuff I want coming out for both. SRW V on the Vita consumed me for the last two months, and Dungeon Travelers 2-2 just came out for it I still need to play the first one though Meanwhile on the 3DS, Monster Hunter XX and the remake for Fire Emblem Gaiden just came out, as did Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional. There's plenty of good games for both.

Go back to Reddit

I bought a PS4 because I was pissed off, and a 3DS on a whim because I wanted to get one before Nintendo made them too hard to hack. I do fuck all with either system for the most part. The 3DS is a 3D camera for me, my original DS is an alarm clock. I gave my PSP to a friend who probably never uses it. I didn't seek a Vita because fuck all for hax, and Sony's jewry for memory cards. Even if I couldn't hack it, I won't be denied the use of cheap MicroSD cards for expanded storage capacity.

Vita had fucking nothing worthwhile on it. It was only good for emulators once the hacks came out, but if you wanted the emulators, you'd be better off just buying a cheaper PSP 3000 and getting the exact same shit, plus a comfier design.

Stop trying to justify your shit decision to purchase this. Everyone knew the 3DS was getting MonHun, Pokemon and Zelda games from the start. Doesn't matter what you think of them, but they sell consoles, so all the devs went to the larger playerbase, instead of the smaller one.

Have both, hacked both. Kinda pissed because now I can't play SRW V until I get a new vita/get a ps4/henkaku updates to 3.64 or whatever it is. Historically I've played way more 3DS because I used it for my DS flash card and all the emulators and shit on that, as well as EO, which are long fucking games. Vita is pretty much a falcom and indie shit box.

I recently picked one up for just SRW V.

The bullshit with memory card prices is nearly unforgivable though.

You chose wisely. This game is amazing.

what?
Is this a poor console/handheld wars thread?
is op false flagging sonyggers?

or is he this stupid?
The 3DS has objectively a better library than weeb machine.

No, it's a nice console and I like it but it can't win over the 3ds.

I'm glad to hear that, the recent SRWs have been consistently great since around Z2/BX.

hard to tell

What a disappointment.

At least the Switch might breathe new life in the handheld market

i mean at least you can play psp/ps1 games with homebrew but why not just get a psp for that

Thanks for the input, but we can't help if you are a tasteless ape

Thanks user, but don't waste time on me.
I'm sure you have anime dungeon crawler 12 or shovelware 2.5D platformer to play

You're actually right, but I have a long day of work ahead before playing my animu drpg

I still largely recommend a DSLite and a PSP (3000 model if possible) both if your budget is an issue, rather than a Vita (due of having to pay the memory card + game cartridges. Piracy suck ass due of instability and Reddit fuckery)

Not compatible with the entire library, so that kept me away from it. I may change my mind in the future, but it's not like I have the desire to play anything, really.

There is a reason why I still call them visual novels
Amagami is more a sim dating tho and Makai Shin Trillion has some sd/rpg elements

The memory card paywall kills the Vita. It can't even sell hardware for piracy because of the awful proprietary memory cards(Which is a shame because the 2000 model actually makes money on hardware sales so they're really just shooting themselves in the foot there).

Fuck

When the best game on the system is Rayman legends and piracy is worthless on it because of it, sure if you like weeb games.
On the other hand, monster hunter is an addiction.

Wasn't some guy working on a Micro-SD conversion card? Did that ever go anywhere?

Agreed. I loved the franchise before, but Z2 and Masoukishin II just started a huge jump in quality for me.

If budget is an issue my best advice would be a 2DS and a DS flashcart to completely forego the DS Lite and use PPSSPP on whatever phone or tablet you've got handy.

How disgusting. I don't even want to picture GoW with that.

Don't be cancer, he has a computer.

Erm.. No it doesnt? It's as easy as setting up the freeshop and CFW on the 3ds. The games a slightly harder to get because you cant just download them from the online shop, but it's still requires the smallest modicum of effort to find anything.

I have both, bought one game for each with the console and then pirated everything else I've played. Both are good for different genres, but 3ds has more games that I enjoy.

I think he meant Vita piracy.

That's what Bluetooth controllers are for, I wouldn't recommend touchscreen controls if my life depended on it.

Was assuming he explicitly wanted a handheld which implies portability.

Fair enough, though I'd assume a PSP even with a good memory stick would still be cheaper than getting a smartphone or tablet.

I know what he meant. I was comparing how easy it is to set up vita piracy with how easy it is to set up 3ds piracy, which is CFW and freeshop.

Depends on where you look. I can get a smartphone that runs PPSSPP stuff decently enough for about $40-$80 just through that AT&T Gophone burner service and probably a secondhand PSP would run about that much; gave that advice with the assumption that the guy in question already owns such a device like pretty much everybody nowadays.

I guess that's fair, I just don't assume owning a smartphone to be a default since they're basically inoperable due to being 100% touchscreens.

I dust off the 3ds maybe once every two weeks when I get an itching for actual Monster Hunter butt I use the Vita almost daily.
Admittedly I like dungeon crawlers and arr pee gee and nip lewds though.
2 sticks > disc and eraser. I hate all touch screen gimmicks though when it comes down to it if you do something on a touchscreen that you can effect faster with dpad+button it's not needed and just becomes a chore if forced.

I mentioned the DS because it has a GBA cartridge slot, though I dunno if the GBA flashcarts work on it.

Also original hardware > emulation. Not to mention the handheld has in-built PS1 emulation. there is thread on the PSPISO forum that have the official download links (for the pkg files) from the PSN store so you could convert into proper eboots

And I dont own a smartphone and dont believe I ever will

Fuck I hate when this shit happens. Impossible to find games sometimes because of this crap.

GBA cartridge-slot is fair enough, though if you don't care about flashcarts/don't have a bunch of carts laying around I'd still suggest that 2DS. You can inject GBA games into the Ambassador titles and have an entire GBA library floating around on your SD card, no emulation errors outside of some edge cases like one of the F-Zero games (and even then there was a patched ROM for it if I remember right).

PSP for PS1 emulation on the go is a good call. Depends on how good your smartphone or tablet is, again providing you've got one.

false flagger rule cucks like you are a cancer and need to be removed.

I haven't really touched my 3ds since the year my new 3DS came out. New releases I'd otherwise be interested in like bravely second or fire emblem fates turned out to be neutered games and I lost my interest in them significantly. I got a vita shortly before the release of fire emblem fates and I have to say I was really excited to get into the games. They're really good. Best versions of many multiplats and tons of games being released. There's a lot of choices around and I really love playing the best version of sayonara umihara kawase on the go.

If you don't have a vita you're really missing out. The platform is just tremendous and there's so much to enjoy.

LOL!

absolutely epic

Does Vita suddenly have games? I've got one sitting on my shelf under a thick layer of dust. The last thing that I played with it was Dungeon Travelers 2, I think.

it's been getting more varied releases than the 3DS for like 5 years now. There's only ever like 5 new 3DS games a year, but like 15 new vita ones a year.

I actually bought a PSTV because I wanted to play Vita games, but for whatever reason it didn't work with the RGB converter I bought with it. I don't own a monitor with an HDMI port either, so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Yes, lots and lots of PS4 ports

And how many of them fall into the "not garbage" genre,user?

I know it's slightly off topic, but I'm trying to get the whitelist patch for my PsTV. Does this guide still work or has a patch made if obsolete? hackinformer.com/2015/09/24/mr-gas-releases-methode-to-write-to-the-vita-filesystem-pstv-whitelist-patch/

I sold my 3DS due to lack of use. I had plenty of games for it, I just didn't find that it really fit into my life. I play my DS more, honestly.
My Vita held on a little longer, I've still got the damn thing, but I dunno. I wanted to like the Vita more than I actually ended up really liking it. FUCK SONY AND THEIR MEMORY CARDS. Having a portable PSX is nice, though.

I can't play mine, it gives me eye cancer every time I boot it up. It wasn't acceptable tech on the day of release, and the library has been pretty mediocre and overrated as a whole

The sequel to that came out last week.

Use this instead:
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46154
If you updated past 3.60 then you're fucked.

Yay, dead links. My favorite part of the webternets.

I sold my 3DS and kept my Vita, no regrets.

Well maybe a few regrets as my 32gg memory card is on the fritz.

Shit that was the wrong one, this is the preferred anti-blacklister.
rinnegatamante.it/AntiBlacklist11.rar

Have 3DS and Vita. Want to play Vita but memory card prices means Sony can go fuck itself.

I'm pretty sure the DS Lite is the best console ever made. The 3DS has more hardware etc but the DS library was eternal and most of the stuff I use the 3DS for (emulating SNES and GBA games) can already be done in the DS.

As for the Vita, discussing about if it's better than the 3DS is stupid, anyone with the cash should have both and chances are that they would end up abandoning them both specially in Holla Forums where nobody actually likes nor play games.

TL;DR: the best console is the one you actually use.

Holla Forums is the only place I've found with people who actually play games, everyone else just settles for whatever shovelware the AAA industry shits on them.

ironically, I bought a Vita years before my 3DS. When my Vita broke, I bought a NEW 3DS and a flashcart (cause fuck jewtendo) and within a month, it was already collecting dust.
I just had a friend take in my Vita to repair it a week ago. OLEDs are so hard to find

The novelty of a hacked 3DS has worn off for me. Same with everything else. Fuck, there are fewer systems that I do not have, compared to those I do.

That's just a ruse. Nobody on Holla Forums actually plays games i find, it's just attentions whores meming it up on steam.

I'll answer you, Mr. Shill.

It's not, but it will be very soon, now that sales have officially dropped in its native market.

Not exactly. The developers that are keeping the power on Vita are being either forced or coerced to take their franchises to PS4, now, or make PS4 versions as a companion that honestly run better than the Vita counterparts. Bamco's properties (Gust, Flight Plan), Idea Factory, Falcom, Aquaplus, D3, NIS, etc, with very few exceptions. Your Vita titles are actually about to dry up.

XX just came out, chief. 3DS is fine.

Have both, get some decent mileage out of both, but my Vita useage easily eclipses my 3DS usage thanks to pic related. Vita has a lot more absorbing games, while 3DS has a few enjoyable titles but way more arcade/indie trap games that are one-off time wasters that, while not bad in most cases, don't hold attention more than an hour at best.

For speculation, you just heard it. Vita is having its primary developers sapped from it and people in JPN are finally losing interests in it. Won't be long, sadly.

Whitelist is a thing if you're hacking.

Jesus Christ the cancer is real

They do. Friend has one and used it liberally until 3DS came out and he forgot all about it.

Okay, captain.

Side note, hows Ps1 emulation on a psp, i've heard it's iffy with slowdowns. Actually hows emulation in general on it?
I hate the vita scene. If more games came physical and memory sticks weren't outrageously priced i don't think i would have bothered with piracy

Mon hun on a console i can actually control the camera on when?
N3ds nub is shit
I really wish the vita had gotten Mon hun

ok that sucks

This is the only video game place you can have SRW threads really, so nah.

The fuck is that?

I'm actually curious is it worth it to get a vita even if it does become a portable emulator?

Trying to justify your shitty purchases with lies isn't a valid way of dealing with denial.

Is there CFW for the Vita yet?

Look over the library and see if there's shit you want. Same as any other console. Personally I love mine.

Go back to bed Sony.

If I do get one is there any specific model I should get?

I can't say for sure since I've only ever had the 1000 model that everyone praises for having the better screen. I would imagine the 2000 probably has a better battery life and the usual types of other upgrades that, say, the PSP 2000 and 3000 had over the 1000, but the screen is apparently lower quality, so if graphics are going to be a major issue for you, try to seek out a 1000.

(checked)
Thanks man

Not really, at least nothing permanent.

No it's not. The 3ds library is not only bigger, but better. The Vita is a failure, stop deluding yourself.

I love the system but the writing is on the wall. If the sales drop becomes a trend, you can expect Sony to wrap it all up within the next year.

I>>12438179
Have both. Fat Model has the prettier screen and also I believe some potential for running capture/streaming stuff (don't quote me)—drawback is the proprietary charger. The slim doesn't have as strong a screen (not OLED), but supports a far, FAR superior battery life and works on universal micro usb male/female charge cords.

I own a 2 Vitas, a PSTV, 3 3DSs (o3DS, N3DS, N3DS XL) all of them hacked. I prefer the Vita by a long shot, but the 3DS is still a good system.

The Switch is shaping up to be the best of both worlds.

This is the kind of retard they pump out consoles for nowadays.

Did you miss "all of them hacked"?

Vita have 2 huge problems;

1)Most of the games are downgrade port of a PS4 games.

2)Most vita exclusive games (not PS4 port) are mostly from Japan and never ever coming out in the west

Other than that, its cool handheld

Sony "wrapped up" the Vita years ago, no one cared and kept making games for it because Sony's support means fuck all.

Other way around, they're made for the Vita because that's what sells, and ported to the PS4 because Sony begged/bribed.

That's true of most games in general, and the ones that do come West get censored or bugged to the point they might as well not even exist.

Whichever way they make the game, the PS4 version is still the superior version.

So many studios are already moving to mobage. Breaks hearts but the games honestly look just as good or better than they do on consoles. The end is nigh.

Doesn't matter if you can't play them because they're touch shit.

Go back to bed Reddit

I mean Japanese domestic support, of which there is still a lot. And again, a lot of those "don't care" developers are being forced or coerced into pumping out titles that are PS4 only.

Get where this is going?

Hey, "Vanillaware won't exhibit their work this E3" poster, how do your words taste?

The SNES games I've tried to play in an emulator on mine get regular random performance drops that result in me dying a good portion of the time, which makes them annoying to play. Also, unless you're talking about running the GBA games natively from a GBA flash cart, those too run terribly and a good portion of the ones I've tried completely won't run. Fuck, I need to get around to buying a better emulator machine than my old DS.

Right, but what does that have to do with Sony?

The only one that's PS4 only is the Doomclone one.

Not familiar with these, will have to look into that.

Gravity Daze is Sony first party, of course they're going to go on the PS4.

Ys 8 was Vita exclusive though?

It does seem that the machine is getting more traction, but the case is still that everytime I consider getting a PS4 because they've gotten so much cheaper than they used to be, I look over the library and see nothing but ports of PS3 or Vita titles like SRW V or Moon Dwellers.

I know right? Feels good especially now that both are hacked.