What is uncommon Time?

Yo Holla Forums what is this game about? My retard younger cousin was looking this game up on some site called feralphoenix I was hopping some of you anons could tell me what this shit is.

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/6492490/chapters/14861239
f-list.net/c/teagan almace/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tumblr cancer in videogame form

Just how bad we talking?

How are you so new that you don't know of Uncommon Time when someone posts about it just about weekly since it came out

I haven't been here in for a long time.

Is it time again? and OP, you should have been here 2 years ago, and Teagan did nothing wrong

Okay so what are the chances OP actually had his cousin wanting to see uncommon time?
If you're serious, its tumblr cancer. It has no tranny shit yet but if your cousin takes its lessons about spite in the game he'll become a edgy cartoon character. A Secondary Character makes a few mistakes and comes to apologize later but then the MC says she should keep her hate in her heart because that's the right thing to do
But then if he trusts that he's retarded

Try four months ago. We had a Christmas stream of that, Anonymous Agony, the abysmal demo for YIIK and a couple other things. I'm still going to pirate YIIK to fuel my will to power by rage though. Fucking hipster Wild ARMS bullshit.

Yes it does. The faggot blonde faggot.

Nigger please. One of the main characters was a trans whatever.

Do you remember the name of that RWBY game? We never got to lewd anyone IN it.

Kek, that hipster mother 3 wannabe tumblr game will never come out.

IIIIIII legitimately forgot.

tegannuclear.webm

Guys I think I'm a time traveler. I don't remember anything between 2015 and now.

Someone post the Sam Hyde skit.

Damn she ripped them to shreds.

It's not even actually ripping off Mother in anything other than "quirkiness." It's Phonogram made in Wild ARMS's engine (complete with Tools) and Paper Mario style quicktime events. As a gameplay concept, the mechanics could actually be solid, but these devs have no ability to actually pull it off, as the demo shows. The music was especially awful and atonal, if I recall correctly.

You were distracted by the election.

He's just a trap. The actual transsexual only appears in flashbacks.

When is a Ye Ye Ye stream happening?

Tumblr makes an RPG: The Game.

Teagan did nothing wrong.

another stream when? I'm going to kill myself soon pls do it

I'm still not sure how that happened, considering they hired Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, SD3, Koudelka) to work on it, so it's not as if they didn't have what should have been talent in the audio department. Granted, wikipedia merely lists him as "arrangement" rather than "composition".

Anniversary stream August 11th

I'm looking forward to that, faggot

Should I dare attempt to get a friend to watch the anniversary airing of this shitshow as well? Actually never saw the prior streams, but threads sine then have piqued my curiosity.

aww shit nigga

Thassil had better fucking show up now that I've told everyone he said he was going to do it.

Will you be providing a link when the time comes, or is there a designated place already to keep tabs on? August is still kind of far away to keep on remembering off the top of my head for it.

Nigga, you're 2 years late!

As long as its not on fucking hitbox, that website never fucking works.

I miss YeYeYe

Why even live?

There better be a good stream, faggot. I missed all of them so far and am left with the memes

Same with HWNDU for me.
Now many lulz were had, it's all over and I wasn't there for it.

My tertiary knowledge is that it's some kind of tumblr RPG, but had a surprising self-aware twist. At least one that was written on a subconscious level. As the heroine is chewed out for being a self entitled cunt who doomed the world, but the character, Teagan, who dished it out is supposed to be in the wrong when she's clearly 100% spot on.

So the strawman character turned out to be 100% in the right Tumblr fails so hard.

You are better off. Watching faggots say the same phrase a million times for days, just to catch a funny thing once in six hours really wasn't worth it

How has Shia not killed himself yet?

He's in a cuckshed in Finland.

Please tell me he is being trolled by Finnish anons

Last I've heard, they've been trying to bring milk, pepe masks, and cameras to the Shed on that museum, too much security telling them not to touch the "art"

Shia will end up dead before the year is up.

A game where one of the characters who is supposed to be "bad" ends up being the only one with a fucking clue.
Its also a horrible grindfest.

He's already dead inside so what does it matter.

Will there ever be another game like this, Holla Forums?
I want to watch visual cancer with friends like before.

Oh, but there are. Lots of rpg maker games. You just have to dig and then you will find a fitting cancerous games that has more pronouns than the Merriam-Webster can provide

Yes, but I've yet to find one what reaches this level. What has the autism to back it up, so to speak. Most horrible cancer from your average lot doesn't have any sustenance behind the autism.

Feels fucking good, man.
Don't worry, it's still going to happen just like last year and just like every year to follow. So long as anons remember, Uncommon Time will live on!

What's the date for it, anyway? Someone said august, but I don't want to wait that long.

I was there. Though it was autistic, it wasn't half of what UT was.

Well too bad, it's August. The first Uncommon Time thread was on August 11, so that's when the anniversary stream is gonna be. I'll post a thread with a link and the time when we get closer to the date.
My ID is gonna change a lot, posting from mobile

That's a synopsis of the story. There's some stuff that happens if you don't do the good end where you Remove Alto, but those are non-canon.

Threadly reminder that the author of the story legitimately believed that people would connect with Alto exclusively and retconned Teagan into being tumblr asexual just to spite people when it turned out that everybody fucking hated her "totally not projecting my personal bullshit" dumbass characters while agreeing on the major calling out by Teagan.

Here's NUCLEAR TEAGAN.
Low quality because I can't into good compression and a shitty file size limit 1TB uploads when?

wew

It's still as good as back then.
I never watched the whole thing though. So what's the context ? What happened before.

I guess Teagan is supposed to be the cynical bad guy representing everything the author hates throughout the game.
Everytime those people try to portray their opponents in a bad light it blows up spectacularly.

Whats the worm stuff about? I haven't seen anyone explain it. Is she actually made of worms?

Teagan Quest fukken when?

Aubrey prefers "they" as a pronoun. Since "they" is plural, she must actually be some sort of composite organism made up of a bunch of smaller things. Therefore, she's THE MANY/a worm colony

When someone really, REALLY hates Tumblr and has the time, skill, and energy to rewrite Uncommon Time from line one and make an RPG out of it.

So, never.

The cast has to find good musicians to play a melody that will prevent the world to die or something. But the retarded mc keeps instead hiring those that she likes based on personal feelings instead of, well, doing a good job. Of course, it all goes wrong.

Teagan has been there telling her that she was fucking her mission up but "oh no fuck you teagan it's whateve rI want!"

When of couse the mission fails, Teagan of course explodes because now the world is doomed thanks to the MC being retarded and selfish.

In case you wonder, the MC represents the author while Teagan represents all the bad people who was mean to her. Yes, she is that retarded.

Oh. I thought it part of the game. Wouldn't be too out of place, would it?

Why the fuck is she named Alto?

That's a fucking male's name and even then no one should be fucking named Alto.

Alto = high

Unless… theres a double message in her name.

So what was to stop teagan from just starting her own band to play this retarded composition? She could've just ditched this alto girl and let her run around with her friends while she rolled up her sleeves and found great musicians. Or was alto actually necessary to perform this piece?
-t. Someone who never played the game or watched the streams

Probably chose it solely because of "muh music"

muh bloodlines

muh music. Alto is something related to music.

Fair enough, I didnt consider that before.

For a music based game they fucked up a lot.

So alto was "born to do it" and no one else could? That sucks.

Her full name is Contralto, being the lowest female-type vocal range. Alto is a nickname, basically being the exact opposite.

Worm colony characters can be cool though.
Too bad this one's just used for pronoun bullshit instead of actual cool shit.

I think there's also something about the abuse being because basically she's the only one that can save the world with music and the parents needed her to practice, but I missed last years stream because it was streamed on fucking Hitbox and Hitbox just doesn't want to work half the time. I even brought a second browser and couldn't get it to work.

She can make the anti-ice age song because she has mutant wrists or some shit (it comes from the family) that nobody else from any other family has, so her parents trained her to make the song to prevent the end of world. It may have been harsh, but the fate of the world was on her shoulders.
It just came to me that with Alto being a dyke for Worm Grill, the world is doomed unless Alto's parents manage to shit out another kid.

Life is wonderful. Remember that this happened too.

Even still, if what says is accurate, the nickname for it fucks with the meaning of the given name. Either those tumblrshit authors didn't catch that, or it was to add to Alto being a fuck up. Admittedly I haven't actually seen this shitshow yet, but given what I've heard about the actual writing process for the game (Teagan meant to be disliked, with the rest of team sexual snowflake being relatable in their eyes), I'm going with the former.

Or it was intentionally fucked up because Alto is always right and never wrong and those evil parents (and Teagan) who wants her to save the world are always wrong and should burn in hell.

I don't know. Again, I don't place enough faith in whoever wrote it to have purposely done so given the apparent lack of understanding as to why people not from tumblr would latch onto Teagan as a likable character when (I might be remembering prior threads wrong) Teagan was supposedly based on people the author knew and disliked in real life. I mean, that shows a certain lack of self awareness if you ask me.

That's exactly why it was intentional. You're pretty stupid aren't you?

Her bloodline is the only one that can perform the music because it was her ancestor who did it first and it's just linked to their blood or some shit, every descendant gets trained super hard to make sure they don't fuck it up and on top of that Alto's parents did like magic reconstructive surgery on her hands so she could play better. I don't remember if everyone before her got the surgery or if it was just her to try and make her angst more sympathetic and justified.

The whole world tuning is pretty pointless though, the fairies could just permanently fix the world so it would never need to be performed again but they don't because I guess they're assholes who don't care if 90% of the world's population would be wiped out by the ice age that not fixing it and not performing the tuning would result in.

No her bloodline is 'special' because her great great great great grandma was raped and knocked up by a futa fairy. (That's literally the explanation) The half fairy genes give her bloodline a closer connection to nature, and that's why the world tuning spell works with only her bloodline.

Honestly, they do that a lot. It's especially prevalent in comic books; Holla Forums is full of shit from Marvel where they accidentally make Red Skull or somebody the good guys.

This is Hitler on Steroids by the way.

Of course, can't let silly things like "reality" get in the way of the constant march of Progress and Diversity! :^)

So is she the only decedent of the bloodline?
A bloodline that is necessary to the continuation of the world only had one fucking heir? Why the fuck have they not spread that bloodline everywhere? Half the god damn population should have a magic blood to be on the safe side.

You have to wonder what counts as "bloodline" in such a case anyway. I can't imagine any family that wouldn't eventually get a high number of relatives simply by continuing to exist.

Or has the "purity" of the blood something to do with it?

it all makes sense now

I'd imagine there would be a lot of inbreeding to keep the bloodline pure, as to lower the chances of there not being a suitable heir when the world is on the verge of going to shit

So, does Alto have a brother, or will she be impreganted by her father when she reaches a fertile age?

Look if you only have one person who has 50% the blood the only way to maintain that "purity" would require some level of incest.

Hell I'm pretty sure you couldn't get it back up to 50% ever again.

50% + 0

25% + 25%
Right?

I mean if you did
50% + 25%

50% + 37.5%

50% + 43.75

50% + 46.875

50% + 48.4375%

So in order to get it back up to 49% you would need 5 generations of incest with the first of the bloodline.
That would be a Great Great Great Grand Parent fucking their Great Great Great Grandchild.

If the Grandma was impregnated at the very youngest 11 years old and has a male child every generations first and their male child is capable of producing sperm at 11 as well that would be and it takes about 9 months to come to term assuming they were exactly 11 years old when they first had the child.
11 and 9 months Having first child who is 25% (son)
23 and 6 months Having Second child who is 37.5% (grandson)
35 and 3 months having third child who is 43.75 % (Great Grandson)
47 and 1 month Having fourth child who is 46.875% (Great Great Grandson)
58 and 10 months having child who is 48.4375% (Great Great Great Grandson)
70 and 7 Months having child who is 49.21875% (Great Great Great Great Grandson)

HOWEVER
Most women reach menopause at 40 years old meaning they stop ovulating and become harder to impregnate, though its not impossible. That said the oldest woman, according to wikipedia to become naturally pregnant (not using in-vitro) was a woman at the age of 59 and she was on estrogen medication.

Assuming she maintained fertility up to 59 years, the maximum possible purity level for one parent is 48.4375% a male or female.
HOWEVER We are assuming every direct child has been a male, but now we need a female of 0% at some point, and since person 50% has been having children at the maximum rate possible for them to maintain one pure line we need to calculate the maximum that one of the children could have with a 0% woman thrown in at some point.

Luckily since men can impregnate 2 women at the same time that means we just have to figure out which male child could produce the highest percentage of purity within the time frame also assuming fertility at the low end of 11 years of age, and since is is a constant downhill battle of watering down it should be simple to calculate the maximum other parents purity.

For the

48.4375% to have a child with a 0 they would have a child of 24.21875.

For the 46.875 to have a child with 0 to equal X to have a child with X to equal Y it would be
X= 23.4375
Y=35.15625

For the 43.75% to have a child with a 0 to equal X to have a child with to equal Y to have a child with to equal Z it would be
X = 21.875
Y =
Z =
I think I have missed something important with the prior assumptions, I cannot be fucked to continue on with this though. I kind of have more important things to be doing I guess. I have started the ball rolling at least.

Also somewhat related that I didn't know how to calculate was what the odds of having a male child that many times in a row.

yeah, I would buy that FOR A DOLLAR!

Alto's ancestor that did the World Tuning in the first place was only 1/4 fairy in the first place, so we can assume that the magic gets passed down reliably. It's possible that all the incest and eugenics that gave Alto fucked-up glass wrists and angst were completely unnecessary and anyone descended from the original would have the necessary blood-mojo no matter what his or her genetics were.

THEN WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THERE A SHIT LOAD OF HEIRS
GOD DAMN YOU HAVE A MASSIVE FAMILY AND AS MANY ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY HAVE TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE MORE THEN ENOUGH POSSIBLE PEOPLE TO SAVE THE FUCKING WORLD
GOD DAMN THERE SHOULD AT LEAST BE 3 PEOPLE IN EVERY TOWN WHO CAN SAVE THE WORLD

Not yet. The next marathon will be in two months starting on June 22nd I think if we maintain this biannual tradition. Have a rare Teagan I found in one of the draw threads to satisfy your needs until that fateful day.

IS THIS DINO TIME?

Is Sailor Moon about to fuck Garfield?

Why even bother? They've got magitek. They should be focusing on offworld colonization, rather than letting fucking fairies and musicians dictate their climate cycles.

That's the gist of it, but write-ups like this miss something important. We don't just like Teagan because she's the only sensible person in a party of retards:

Teagan met Alto through her garden when she was a kid. Because Alto had her big world-saving destiny shit she wasn't allowed outside to have friends, only musical practice partners. Teagan begged her parents for a violin and learned to play it better than any other kid in the city just so that she could be Alto's friend.

Teagan saw the way Alto was treated by her parents and was angry as hell about it. Teagan doesn't initially even think the magical world-saving ceremony is real because Alto's parents are total assholes and by extension everything they've told Alto is dubious. When Alto goes off picking whoever she "has a good feeling about" (coincidentally the first three people she finds but that's just poor storytelling on the author's part) it's what her parents taught her to do and Teagan doesn't approve of it because she doesn't respect them or what they taught Alto to do.

When the whole thing goes tits-up, Teagan is justifiably NUCLEAR. But even though she's the one with a loving family to return to and more to live for than the other characters, she's the one who rips up the score and (as far as she knows) fucks any chance for another attempt. She's got two reasons: 1) Alto already fucked everything up and if she tries again the same way the same thing will happen she'll be hurting herself for no reason. 2) If the World Tuning succeeds, Alto will go home to her parents and get abused again.

Teagan would rather let the entire world freeze over and destroy HER OWN FRIENDSHIP WITH ALTO than let Alto get hurt like that. That's how much she's willing to sacrifice for the sake of her friend.

Her reward? If she doesn't end up having to put her best friend out of her misery herself, she gets beaten up and yelled at. After that, for the entire third act of the game she's the party's whipping girl. When she's concerned about Alto doing something dangerous, she gets told to fuck off. When Alto gets hurt and she wants her to rest, it's "not her business".

Then Alto tells her that she'll NEVER forgive her and she'll hate her for the rest of her life. That's what Teagan gets for her trouble, and yet she still fucking sticks around to do the World Tuning.

That's why Teagan is Best Girl.
YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A FRIEND AS GOOD AS TEAGAN

The justification given in the game is that it takes so long to teach the magical string-playing techniques (that only the family knows) that they can only have one heir at a time. It's a bit weak and there should definitely be other descendents around even if they haven't been trained to save the world.

Wait how is Red skull being the bad guy? He seems to be more heroic right now then most of the comic book super heroes now.

God damn it. As if I didn't envy Garfield enough already.

Holy shit Teagan did nothing wrong!

She technically does since it turns out that the blood god just wanted to feed off of some good vibes, but the only reason that was the case was because the author made the universe bend over backwards to make that leap of logic when their performance was just bad. Basically, in a realm ruled by logic and reason, Teagan did nothing wrong, but in the mentally diseased plane of existence that Uncommon Time takes place on, Teagan was a little wrong

She was based off someone who the creator knows that person must of been a fucking saint.

Even then, Teagan wasn't that wrong. Good vibes don't come easy from damaged individuals, which the party was a magnet for.

I hope you Teaganfags read Pittura Infamante. Made the whole awful experience of the game worth it.

archiveofourown.org/works/6492490/chapters/14861239

But Alto doesn't die in that

Is that the one where everyone realizes what a cunt alto is?

That's kinda the point that gets brought up whenever he's posted. The author is so cucked in the head that their idea of a hardcore villian is actually a sensible person to anyone else.

The justification Marvel came up with was that he was using the people he was recruiting in the 2nd image for terror attacks, by strapping bombs to their chests and telling them to blow up brown people. That's the very best they could come up with.

This.
That's the thing, mate. He's not the villain any more, because the author is. The author's gone so far off the deep end, what he views as "good" and "reasonable" are batshit crazy, and what he views as abhorrently evil is often not wrong at all.

Where are the lewds?

Didn't the creator write Madoka fanfiction about bestiality or something? I know for a fact that they did go on to write Undertale fanfic.

I read this and I never played this game. Are there any more fics?

is teagan the purest?

I doubt she's had the dick yet, so sure.

The creator said she was asexual, to pander to the LGBTQTBBQNASAOMGROFLMAO crowd. So, no dick, no pussy, no worms, never.

nothing a good consensual dicking can't fix. All aesexual people are is people who don't know the glory of pussy/dick

Didn't the creator do that after everyone came out loving Teagan?

Gave it a read. Not bad. Love the comments of triggered shits, but mostly, I feel like the story gave necessary closure. Especially for a character who the game seemed to largely ignore and frame as the villain throughout most things.
Unlike Holla Forums'd have you believe, Teagan isn't perfect, but she's also not a monstrous asshole as the game seems to want to phrase it. This story seemed to set the character pretty well, over all, at least in my mind. It wasn't, perhaps, ideal, but it was quite interesting none the less for someone what had a mite of investment into the character without any return.

I never said it was perfect.

Pretty much, yeah.

Any more like this? No way. This is a rare fucking diamond, you almost never get something like this with fanfiction.

Ya nailed it.

This must be the newest low. My understanding of this game is browsing threads, and watching about 2 hours of a stream, once, during the first run. Will I be able to understand everything, or does the fic rely too much on cannon lore, characterizations, and terminology?

Jesus Marvel are fucking morons.

Holla Forums has been suffering for years and it's not going to stop any time soon. Feel free to visit and observe, it's like touring a starving African village.

As someone whose never played the game, while home, alone at night just now; I could follow the story pretty well if the threads familiarized you with the main cast and you've read some of the "what's up with this game" bullet points earlier in the thread nothing should throw you off too much. Excepting Teagan's whore brother, being a thing I guess.

(nicely done)

I guess this fits me. Started reading after my post, and already there were a few bits of conversation and interaction that I didn't really get, but for the most part it's going swell.

I feel like there could be a truly asexual person, but they would probably have been that way from the onset of puberty, and not base their entire life around it like some special snowflake.

I think most people that claim, and champion their so-called asexuality just got burned when they tried a relationship for the first time and decided that the whole thing wasn't for them. Not so different than women who claim all men are pigs or men who claim all women are whores.

Teagan is pure, so I would assume the former, but a good, loving partner would be willing to have sex regardless of their mental disorders.

More than just a magnet. Alto picked the first three people she found by coincidence: Her edgy alter-ego was subconsciously helping her choose people with the same desire to end the world that she had. They're in the team BECAUSE they're damaged.

Teagan was still right in that picking these guys fucked everything up even if getting the performance exactly right didn't matter. With a more competent ensemble the ritual might still have failed (because of Alto subconsciously sabotaging it), but it wouldn't have made things worse the way the tremendous fuckup they performed did. They actually had to be working together for that.

It was in the game all along, we were just slow picking up on it.

Is it ever actually outright stated in the game, though?
I mean, lots of people don't really give a shit for attraction. Either too focused on the here-and-now, or just never really bothered to think on it.

Pretty sure it was stated both in-game and on "official" materials, even before feralphoenix found out how much we loved Teagan.

Yeah. Teagan says it herself in the last slice-of-life sequence when Meirin wants to take everyone out to the brothel to party before they try the ritual a second time. Meirin actually apologises for bringing up sex all the time and making things uncomfortable for Teagan, which is the only time in the game that anyone gives Teagan an apology.

Aside from being spelled out there, it's implied the first time they start running off to get hookers and again in Alto's memories during her mindfuck dungeon.

So she's literally the purest.

That's just because she hasn't tried a cock yet.

Eh. Fair enough, though that could also be a shit excuse not to go to a disease ridden hellhole that is a brothel.

fuck off we're fun

Do you remember Trump?

*Full

This. She is a cocksleeve waiting to be used.

Now I'm fucking pissed. How did the author react to being told her self-insert is a piece of shit?

(checked)
As far as I know any anons who tried to contact her directly didn't get a response. A few people on tumblr have, of course, told her that the game's great.

Made an official fanfic, it was pretty much the whole world revolves around Alto and Teagan is asexual autist with aspergers or something because of all the praise and lewds Holla Forums gave her while Alto was demonized, went back to tumblr to cry about it.

literally a revenge fantasy

What other games have main characters so vindictive and unlikeable? Nothing really comes to mind for me.

Teagan best girl

It's not really rare, it was made in the same drawthread as the one I drew

It looks like you can cure imageboard addiction.

Asscreed 3?

Haha fuck off then

Haha, go fuck yourself. I can do this too.

I was around when Win95 was around. Age doesn't bar you from being a newfag, newfag. Lurk more.

Win 95 isn't that old. And it sure as hell doesn't make you not a newfag.

f-list.net/c/teagan almace/

don't forget about me

Jesus fucl

This reads like a schizophrenic wrote it.

what a nice birthday present
:^)

The author's clearly working off of the absurdity of an edgy character purchasing cookies from girl scouts

Who ever this fag is, I need more of it.

alto has large boobs. post alto lewds

Rewriting would be a waste of time. The only reason people care about Teagan is because the author wrote a character that does not want to enable self-destructive behavior and considers that to be bad.

Since you asked so nicely.

YOU'RE SUCH AN ASS, HAZE.

Not going to lie I haven't followed this games story but I had an idea for a squeal.

In the sequel its revealed that the world need to be tuned not just for the weather but also for peoples emotions. As the world became out of tune so did the hearts of mankind leading to a hedonistic society.
As the world grows colder and colder people move more an more into the brothels and do so in disregard for their responsibilities and their children as well.
True musician however are immune from it, hence why Teagen does not like the brothels

Figures tumblr would have the only black character be the whipping girl

Wanna hear a joke?
She's canon white, just tanned. Can't have the "bad guy" not be white, am i right?
Probably a redneck tan where everything below the neck is pale as fuck because lol working class girl.

Wanna hear another?
Alto isn't white, (can't have the "good guy" be an evil whitey) just "white-passing", whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean. I gather this is the sjw equivalent to the >slavs >white meme.

This shit's a riot.

fuck yeah

Uncommon Time is the gift that keeps on giving. Holy hell.

I would have bet on that too but the interviews broke me up a little