Warhammer 40k Dawn Of War 3 will use Denuvo

archive.is/t9eCH

Quote from their EULA:
"This Product uses Sony DADC Austria AG’s Denuvo (“Denuvo”) content protection technology. Acceptance of this Agreement and an Internet connection are required to verify your license. The technical protection measures of the Product may require you to download certain data to your device in order to authenticate the Product. If you disable or otherwise tamper with the technical protection measures, the Product may not operate properly and you are in material breach of this Agreement."

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/warhammer-40000-weaponsgw-homepage-post-4/
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Vance_Motherfucking_Stubbs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bomb Relic Entertainment's offices already.

Did they not get the memo?

Not really surprised
The game is complete shit to begin with

wait, Sony's behind Denuvo? never knew that.

Can't afford to buy a game, make whine threads about failing to steal it. Sad!

Not really
The company that developed denuvo did a manager buyout of a Sony dept, namely DADC

Predictable, look at Total Warhammer, Denuvo through and through.

Sad!

shit like this has pretty much pushed me to consoles. Sure they're "DRM" but honestly? They were never billed as platforms where you have any freedom. I'd rather have ownership of my games, the ability to conveniently share them and display them, and consoles do that far better at this point.

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly want it any less.

At least it won't be missed

We get it Relic, you don't want people playing your game.
Can you stop now?

Coworker got the beta and had only bad things to say, namely:

So glad I had the presence of mind to not preorder this shit. I need my cash for 8th Edition later this year anyway.

I hear ya. Digital games have no resale value.

Why the fug would anyone play this? DoW2 just got an update with ganoo slash linucks support anyways so I'm just gonna play that instead.

wot a fucking surprise
that and the game will be hot badger raped garbage
first gameplay trailers showed it to be nothing less

8th won't have Templates

Of course I can't afford a video game
W40k shit costs a lot

Garbage attracts more garbage. No surprise there.

Classic Games Workshop.

I WAS GODDAMN OKAY WITH BUYING THE EXPANSIONS FOR DOW. 2 WAS SOME GAY SHIT, JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT AND STOP KILLING RTS BY MAKING IT SUCK

This

DoW 1, while it had innovative features when it came out, was really basic-bitch for an RTS and is pretty dull when I sit down to play it again these days. And if my opponent picks Necrons? Fuck that T0 rush-or-lose garbage. SoulStorm was also SoulTrash with an intro so awful it doesn't even deserve to be considered an official DoW expansion.

Dawn of War II was an improvement on the original's ideas in almost every way. The only problems were that the campaign was on-rails shit, race and unit choice got gimped, and the army scales didn't escalate enough in late game. Small squads, micro/maneuvering and strategic ability usage are fun in early game, but controlling massive armies and blobbing the map with uber-units is more fun late game- I wish DoW 3 would have set out to balance the best parts of 1's unit variety and late game + 2's mechanics and early game.

Unfortunately we're getting something that neither DoW 1 OR 2 fans want instead- Total unplayable shit.

I liked DoWII

Anyone could get into the beta fam, you just had to sign up for it on their website. The UI isn't great and they should have just kept CoH2's UI layout. The base turrets and core seem to be there to stop people from rushing early and killing your base with a few units. Animations for some of the bigger units are a bit wonky and there are some clear balance issues. Predator tanks for one seem to be a bit too effective and certain hero units can be cheesed far too easily. Also the game is a clone of starcraft.

We live in times when people think of DOW when you say "rts".
Sad!

They said bigger battles than dow1, but from what I see the unit limit is either the same as dow1 or smaller. Is that correct ?

As if I'd even want to pirate this piece of shit.

DoW2 was a downgrade DoW1 though. Also, DoW2 was such a boring game to play. All you did was chase each other around control points that were basically scattered around the map away from your base with like 5 units. It was horrible. The only appeal was the cover system.

Why waste perfectly good bombs?

The way I think I understand it, each unit has a point cost like on tabletop and you can only have so many points worth of shit on the field at one time. I played with a friend and I think he fielded like 15 predators or some shit so the unit limit is slightly more than vanilla dow1. It sure as shit ain't no spring/supcom or sc when it comes to spamming units.

Great plan user.

15 is not bad. Is the limit united for infantry and vehicles, or separate ?
If I remember right, then in dow1 you could field 5 tanks, but also could put 10 soldier squads on the field or at worst 20 scout squads.

Don't discourage him, let him enjoy paid online.

The limit is united because each unit is worth a certain amount of points like in the actual tabletop.

Hopefully relic (and mark) goes bankrupt.

this, prepare your anuses for "RTS is DEAD! dont ever develop one again! entitled gamers refuse to buy them!"

RTS (multiplayer) was dead anyway except for warcraft 3, and dow soulstorm

wat
has mark shilled the game?

SICK!

You mean the "control 4 squads with no macro on a tight corridor with pre-set cover locations and press X when green bar is at 20%" was an improvement over "select build order to counter opponent, build units to counter opponent, macro your economy, expand at right moment, control map"? lmao kid

wow how noob are you lmao, necrons are piss-easy to beat in tier 2 by almost everyone, and in tier 4 they're almost always doomed

Notice how it's only pirates whining about not easily crackable drm?

you have one minute to name 3 good games that have used denuvo

Nah. AoE2 and Suppcom Fa(FAF) are alive too. Even some RA2 servers are up and running.

The problem is devs. The old ones are experimenting and ending up with unfun or unoptimized games like grey goo or PA.
The new ones were raised on mobas and keep making either mobas or heavily casualized RTS.
In the case of DoW3 the dev team was playing last stand while developing the game and their only recent work was more dlc for the last stand.

Titanfall 2, Nier:Automata, RE:7

You maybe named 1.

lol
dunno much about nier except that literally nobody bought it

Spotted the EA/SEGA shill, the problem is publishers and (((corporations))).

I want to put my dick in Jam's anus.

Sometimes both parties are to blame such as in the case of Eternal Crusade.

And who exactly do you think is so eager to sell their souls to said publishers ?

It's only dead because the developers and publishers killed it.

I honestly struggle to think what more they could have done to kill their game in the cradle.

DLC elite units and DLC skins.
It's inevitable.

Sad!

Explain Bayonetta then.

And as always when the people blaming SEGA instead of Relic are asked to explain a game like Bayonetta existing they randomly disappear. They can't explain how SEGA apparently ONLY interferes with DoW3 and seemingly never interfered with any other game they published.

They can't explain this game designer either. The one who looks pregnant.

I'm just saying its absolutely ridiculous to blame the publisher when there's constant information and reason to believe the devs are the problem. Apparently Relic is some kind of sacred fucking cow to these people.

I think "muh evil publishers make us do bad games" died after almost all kickstarter games turned out to be absolute shit. There's plenty of cases where publishers fucked over promising devs and games but this isn't one of them from what we've seen. Maybe in a few years someone from Relic will come out and say that the publisher made them turn DoW into a retarded moba SC2 hybrid but so far it looks like it was their own design. The Relic that made DoW 1 is long gone.

Why did you have to remind me you cunt.

That's why you don't drink beer.

Retards these days I tell you.

"When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty – to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.” - Abraham Lincoln

That's map control, dude. You have to be able to respond to the opponent's pushes and defend your territory.

I'll agree the control points should have come with more defensive measures, but upping the unit count would have helped with that too since you could have larger forces defending each point instead of having to maneuver your squads constantly. That's what I mean when I say I enjoy 2's early game better and 1's late game more- In early game I should be moving around the map and microing a lot, but in late game I should at least be able to have everything somewhat locked down in terms of defenses.

I'll still agree it should take more than 1 squad of banshees to cap a point at least.

Hey man I get it, you don't play TT so you don't understand how the rules would translate into a skirmish RTS's mechanics. DoW 2 was the closest we'll get to a 40k tabletop adaptation, simple as that. The rest of your post isn't worth responding to because you're technically not even a 40k fan if you don't know tabletop rules, you're probably just a starcraft fan that wants MORE GOAR XD or a TRUMP DA GOD EMPRAH fag who only heard about 40k in 2015 after the cool kids on Holla Forums mentioned it so much.

What a fag.

Have fun getting a fat gut and tits from all that estrogen

This is getting really sad now, /leftykike/.

Joke is on you. I'm skeleton mode and drink beer like a drowning man.

who would have thought

fuck off shill, all we want is to own the games we buy and not be forced to run third party spyware and bloatware just to play them

if you're a skeleton how do you poop?

It's complicated.

I think we need to get fucking /bane/ in here. Only they could crash a game this hard with no survivors.

And that's why it's shit. The tabletop rules are an adaption of the settling to tabletop, not the authoritative source of truth. The designers of DoW 1 were smart and went their own way.

You'd be amazed at how many times I've had to report a product using Denuvo because they didn't want to list it. Steam always makes them have to list it on their page, so if you don't see Denuvo on the side panel report their shit for software fraud.

What a surprise they aren't listing it on their Steam page. Well everyone, click that little report button and flood Steam with reports of their fraud.

I disagree Titanlol 2 campaign is surprisingly nice, despite being an obvious multiplayer game. Probably wasn't written in committee and had a small but dedicated team that wanted to make a vidya while EA overseers where lashing the multi guys and planning on how to make more microtransactions/DLC…
The two combined makes an almost good game (because the multi isn't actually that good. It gets passing marks for innovations but it's kind of a mess).

Last time anyone pulled that of was BF3 (hell if DICE hadn't though smart to put QTE a bit everywhere it might even had been a perfectly good solo FPS).

As someone who plays Elite mod all the time, modding the unit cap (I increased it) has made the game so much more fun. Only major thing it was still missing at that point was DoW1's base building stuff.

Total WaWa.

refresh my memory. why is denuvo the satan these days? i know it was accused of shitting up SSDs.

what dawn of war 2 kept from the first game it improved upon in "almost" every way. but it lost a lot of what made it an rts game in the first place. it also added a lot of things that i dont like. namely, units leveling up and the mistake erasing retreat command.
i was hoping it would be more like company of heroes 40k.

Aside from looking like the worst of saturday morning cartoon villains, not a one of them worked. Have they stopped trying and just gone with something that'll sell yet?

It is DotA-like. Nor that it matters. It is a shitty kiddo "genre."

Theres a few reasons, off the top of my head I recall that with the way denuvo works you simply can't mod any games that have it. the other big reason is that if denuvo's servers ever go down, like what would happen if it went bankrupt you wouldnt be able to play any games with it.

Denuvo effectively puts an expiration date on any game with it attached as there wont be any modding to keep it alive and 10 years down the road when to company goes belly up so does your game.

I want to stick my dick inside the crazy that is milf gillian andersson

Jokes on both of you I had man tits and a fat gut before I ever had a beer

It's out.

Who the fuck cares? Expedition: Vikings releases today, you nigs – why is there not a thread about it?

Because the people that have heard about it haven't made a thread for it.

it's Expeditions: Viking
Make the thread if you like the game then, faggot.

Reviews are negative already.

Make a thread faggot

done!

But the media told me this would be the bestest DoW ever?!

So how bad is the AI ? They couldn't even test it during the beta. I must assume it's terrible or cheats like mad.

How should I know? Do I sound like I'd buy/wait for Denuvo to be cracked for this garbage?

Might be pure coincidence but the moment pink haired people popped up in that HR position I knew the game was going to be bad

It should become very obvious from stuff like steam reviews.

this game is nothing like dow 2 , why would it's fans like it? DoW2 was awesome, I wish this games was more like it, but with less repetitive missions

I blame SEGA.
For some reason they love destroying western RTS franchises.

Sega and GW just care about that sweet sweet money they can wring from people. At best the suits at Sega told the devs to "make it like one of those popular games", the rest us on them.

This is the greatest game ever, man.

Wrong thread, Todd.

Tell me Todds, tell me sweet little Todds!

Considering how awful the game is, Denuvo might be the least of its problems.

But he said good games.

hahaha

I'm barely acquainted with the series and I can tell this is the pinnacle of missing the fucking point of 40k

Could be worse could be Nids, Chaos and Necrons all working together

Don't spoil the DLC, user.

Happened on winter assault but it didnt involve fucking orks and they betrayed each other as soon as it was viable. On dow3's situation the ork would go berserk the space marine would kills the other two then take all the chaos forces by himself and the eldar would try to hide and do gay stealthy shit

Also WHERE'S THE NOT A ASSFAGGOTS GUY I WANT TO SEE HIM DEFEND THAT SHIT

Relic BTFO

I can see that working.
Chaos is a unifying force.

It's just proof that they don't give a fuck about the IP they're working with and neither does GW (Obviously).

Todd-kun, if you lie with that face, ~OwO

Come on Relic, you're supposed to nail the lid of the coffin shut, not make the entire coffin out of nails.

(heil)
> check steam
The purge begins. May Imperial justice account in all balance.

It could with the shitheap retcon Necrons went through. Why we couldn't have one faction that wasn't full of Saturday morning cartoon villains I've no idea.

The dev team playing last stand while making dow3 proved to be a huge influence.

Neat!

It's already at a 52% score. It's a fucking meltdown at this point.

I find it funny that there seems to be a tide of reviews coming in that are positive all of a sudden.

0 days since last bad 40k game
Truly these years are the worst for 40k.

Only in some cases. It doesn't appear to tell you for most games.

I could probably e-mail Relic and ask for a copy of the game in exchange for leaving a good review.

Reminder that End Times are coming to 40k as well.

Of course he does

I don't understand the camera in this game. It's positioned low, at a low angle and it gives me a feeling of the old isometric games, but there's something… off.
I can't put my finger on it.

What more proof do we need at this point? Reboot Gigabyte ruins everything.

Yea I noticed. I guess the important part is that 52% is insanely low.

It would be better for Relic if those reviews were actual reviews of the game and not just fags trying to defend this masterpiece garbage.

It's ok. You can't rotate it and zoom is limited. The perfect game.

It could happen under certain circumstances in 40k, but dont expect it to last longer than a battle, or for orks to be more cooperative than attacking your mutual enemies instead of you.

Blood ravens arent black templars or flesh tearers user, different chapters act in different ways, they can work withother peopelas long as it suits them.

Current year GW is not the same as when DoW1 came out, now they just hand the ip for money and dont get involved in the process.
I think the most they did was giving creative assembly a bunch of old warhammer fantasy miniatures for modelling reasons.

Nucrons still despise chaos and the warp in general, just look at how they tried to help the imperium in the fall of cadia.

Not really, all seem to point out that 8th edition will be all about the imperium getting its shit together after the gigantic shitstorm that happened with cadia and trying to secure the core sectors that have been isolated due to warp rifts.

I suppose you cant adjust some shit in the game files to change the camera either? I vaguely recall being able to do it with DoW 1 or im confusing it with another game

Looks like Bastion of Chaos from Grim Dawn.

At least the fags who made Battlefleet Gothic cared about the setting and got it nailed down despite lackluster multiplayer and main campaign

Indeed. Even with simple stills they did pretty well.

How in the fuck can you even come up with this shit on a setting that has been nothing but grueling grittiness and grim outcomes for fucking decades? I mean, sure, there has been some cooperation between factions on 40K but those are mostly incidental and come up during extraordinary and extremely uncommon circumstances, and even then it's only among those with sufficient common sense; the fact that the orks here are willing to enter a form of ceasefire speaks volumes of the misunderstandings on the part of current year relic.

A funny trend you'll notice if you read the reviews:
It's almost like one side has an argument and the other one doesn't.

You should've seen the official forums when the details and the patterns began to appear before the beta dropped, and then some time after. People pointing out the evident bullshit and the game's flaws were met with a swath of people screaming "ITS NOT A MOBA ITS NOT A THREE LANE MAP ITS REALLY GOOD MUH ESPORTS SCENE YOU ARE JUST NOSTALGIA", eventually turning into an echo chamber where evidence is just "made up stuff by le ebin troll and le hater", and with the game out now it'll probably get worse as they'll reach critical levels of defensiveness.

Honestly why negative reviews are worth more than positive reviews, since negative reviews are more often than not, completely honest.

And the saddest thing is that most of them are made by unpaid people who feel they have to defend a company

Are you guys ready to deal with all the insuferable faggots 3 years from now claiming they are "40k nerds" because they played DoW3?

Please no….

Na, cause the people that are excited for it and want it will buy it regardless of denuvo.

Pirate fag cancer like yourself was never going to buy it anyway, you're irrelevant.

Thank god for Denuvo, the tears of you pathetic losers has been the sweetest nectar ever, I seriously hope something worse than Denuvo comes along the pipeline someday.

The most amazing thing about Denuvo is that its all your fault, same with garbage like steam, you guys just couldn't stop stealing everything so companies come out with even worse shit to stop you, and its working considering all the crying from you faggots lately.

I for one am glad, PC gaming is dead and its all thanks to its "fans".

Literally reddit

Be careful anons, he will call you triggered now.

I still remenber when it happened thanks to DoW2, and i myself was part of that wave thanks to DoW1.

It will happen eventually you just wait

Did you copy/paste this from the steam forums or reddit?

Id be ok with that, but play it only for the mods, like im doing with AoE3 right now.

It will take a while.

but then
Even if you were so obvious from being this blatant, you're still being contradictory to yourself. Learn to use the right words in the right context.

pleb

That guy's going to smack your shit son

no

What are freebootas?
What about all the instances in 40k were humans and eldar have worked together for a certain goal?

HERESY!

2 factions alliances do happen, 3 faction alliances is stretching it too far

Hence why you must finish reading what i wrote before implying heresy.

Well most of the ones are temporary alliances with eldar or chaos bribing orks for short term alliances.
All are frowned upon. And anything outside of these is strict heresy. Especially that necron bullshit nobody took seriously.

For things like that is that you need to finnish reading before responding to people.

I guess they would love that.

Is this the new "Kane is gone?, YEAH RIGHT" ?, because what a shitty & lazy way to end the trilogy.

I dont mind spending money on games. Denuvo however is anti-consumer and should therefore be fought in every way.

Of all the primarchs they could bring back, they decided on Rowboat. Feels bad man.

Well he is the only one capable of fixing the imperium, the imperium needs a grand administrator, not a fighter.

next big AAA game will call its protagonist a Roadtredder or Valleywalker.
Streetponcer

I guess that's true. Pure coincidence that Rowboat is Wards favorite, I guess.

That was a established fact in 40k long before matt ward even had pubes, just as the fact that he was in suspended animation.
Now we only need dorn and sanguinius and we would have everything set for an imperial renaissance.

Maybe you could write something worthwhile, then people will actually read your post.

What a pityfull way to damage control.

This was StarCraft 2 in a 40K skin.

starcraft 2 is a better rts

It's a sub par attempt at StarCraft 2 with a 40K skin then. You get the point though.

That's a retarded point. The economy of requisition and power does not work at all like minerals and gas. Neither their aquisition, protection or how FOB affects how the game plays out.

Withdrawing your troops to reinforce them does play a role into it, but since you still must pay resources to reinforce them instead of having medics\shields\passive regeneration to them, it doesn't work like Starcraft either.
In terms of game flow, it's also not about deathballs of units that can only attack supported by casters that can't attack on their own. Every unit has to be microed a lot more and casters play a different role in the game.

Seriously, you can drop the shit comparisons and stupid points that will only make anyone who actually bought the game think you're an idiot and discard your opinion.
Focus instead on some actual issues with the game, namely how limited the troops actually are in terms of variety.

So far I haven't seen Warp Spiders, or Wraithguards or Shuriken Cannons or Fire Dragon or anything similar for the Eldar.
Maybe they are unlocked later or perhaps they are supposed to be used as one of the Elite units (Scorpions are one, for instance) but the unit variety is actually very very low.

In terms of commanders, Eldar seem to actually have about 12-15 choices they can pick from, starting with Macha, some gigantic Wraithlord and a Scorpion squad. Perhaps one of these is a Warp Spider, but it's still a weird choice to restrict their choice this way instead of making them core units to be used.

Talking about WH40K, your thoughts about the 8th edition changes? For those who dont know, here is a map of what have changed in the galaxy.

I till dont know what to think of it, some things seem to be improved or going back to older edidions, and some things seem to be dumbed down.

So far I'm fine with the changes. I'm a little iffy about them removing templates and scatter dice though.

How does ordinance and flamers work now?

Any guesses as to who he was hired by? Denuvo or Relic?

Flamers just deal straight up X amount of damage and can't miss. I assume ordinance would be the same or similar. They've made blog posts talking about it.

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/26/warhammer-40000-weaponsgw-homepage-post-4/

So it's Relic

Just when I was talking about summerfags. You're not from here, go back. You reek of goon.

wewlad

I don't agree with pirating either, but if you tell me that this shit is good and it's something you want to support then you're a huge fag.
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

The shill is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a shill and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

It's not a shill, it's a baiter, faggets. I've already debunked him.

Oh you poor bastard. Turn from this dark path before it's too late!

You're doing a disservice to yourself, even if you do have a point.
Overblowing that agression ain't gonna convince anyone and if your point is to harvest salt, acting like you're the one angry doesn't really help either.

The game should be ignored by anyone that doesn't want to play it to begin with, but it won't because laughing at tragedies is far more amusing than talking about good games.
And despite the heavy amount of "critics" thrown it's way, the moment Denuvo is cracked you know there will be people still playing it, which is retarded. If you didn't liked it, why download it even if for free?

But seriously, do stop being a little bitch, DRM ain't good, it just fudges the numbers and cuts down on discussion.
Right now you have a thread full of shitheads that are gonna tell you all about a game they didn't played. If there was a crack out, at least they wouldn't have an excuse, that alone should be enough argument in favour of piracy.

What curse have afectted the entire vidya industry, to make even DoW shit? Youhad one job, Relic. ONE JOB.

Two words: Wider audiences.

Who could have seen that coming?

Only a minute long cutscene and there's nothing but heresy at every turn

From what I am seeing most of the good reviews are just people getting triggered over the people who are posting negative reviews calling the game a moba. I hardly see any of the good reviews actually touching on anything that the lengthy negative reviews are saying.

have a webm that a kind user made.

that is rather heinous

why wouldnt the one who sees the future be the one to unite them?

Good mon'keigh!

Yes.
If both sides have goals that are concomitant and as a result a common enemy, a basic TRUCE (not alliance) could be observed that is little more than a gentlemen agreement. Yes there has been times where the imperium has listened to the Eldars (and the Eldars have systematically fucked the monkeigh over. Eldars are dicks). Yes, there has been orks that worked as mercenaries (for Rogue Traders mainly), but they do so for loot to have better waaaagh. Even the Nucrons "We Wuz Kangz" can be reasoned with now.
But it's to some very limited extent.

The Eldar tried to warn the emperor that Horus was getting conned by the chaos gods. Eldar also helped bring back Roboute Guilliman.

I loved DoW1 and DoW2 and thought the people crying about DoW2 being smaller scale were retarded.

I did not enjoy my time playing the DoW3 beta, they clearly listened to people crying about MUH POP SIZES and to compensate for that everything dies stupidly fast and deathblobbing is the tactic of the day until a hero unit comes out to aoe, and then it's just spread out to kill it then deathblob once again once it's dead.

I honestly liked DoW2 as well because it took the good aspects from CoH and added them into DoW. DoW3 tried to bring the doctorines and shit from CoH2, but didn't execute them well and although the new units are neat and all they do feel significantly weaker for the same cost to put out. Oh and no Fire Dragons or Striking Scorpions or Warp Spiders so what the shit is wrong with Relic.

into the trash it goes

BFGA has probably the best cutscenes from all 40k games ever, that`s no way a person will not be hooked on the lore after watching those

Shame the game is repetitive as fuck

As if moba players would even buy it in the first place. They'll continue to play mobas, not switch to a shitty RTS because it has moba elements. RTS players and DoW 1/2 fans hate it because it's not like DoW 1/2 and has the fucking moba elements. SC2 is dying and they're sure as shit not going to switch to DoW3 with Brood War revival coming. This appeals to no one but braindead Relic fanboys and retards who buy everything with 40k logo on tit. Hope Relic burns to the fucking ground.

I just played 2 multi games without having played the tutorials or any campaign missions. First game played as Ultramarines, did poorly but learned alot. if all players are marines the other team are chaos. chaos won that round.
Then I tried orks. waaaaagh towers can be destroyed but you stay at lvl 5 waaaaghh? pretty nice but I'm sure people will cry about that. I did ok, I could have won the game if I had continuned to fire on his core instead of firing on his defenders. but pretty good for second round.
nothing beats trolling ranked coh games with back capping and mines.
core, turret, shield gen, is kind of stupid. I can see the mecanic and all but not very happy about it.
I hope we get some maps without the 1 2 3 bullshit. maybe some points that if a team controlled them a countdown would start.
I do like the control and building without getting a builder there.
eldar tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what the space knife ear builder unit says.
I like it but there is too much to micro manage for me so far. as the player base learns I fear I may be left in the dust.
DoW 1 was best. also Metal Boxes and Sindri. Also Necrons

Well, I thought people who liked dow2 over 1 were retarded too.

As one that are bored with SC2 and want a 1vs1 moba RTS i would have spent money on DoW3 if not for Denuvo. The fact that it uses Denuvo means that they are going to have a dead game in less than a month

Could turn out like NuDoom and they could 180 on the whole denuvo thing. Either way no Necrons or actual fun Eldar units, no buy. It also blows my mind that this is the first game in the series to not start out with 4 races at launch. DoW1 had Eldar, SM, CSM and Orks and DoW2 had Eldar, SM, Orks and Nids.

I wanted to buy it even with the negatively on Holla Forums because i enjoy ASSFAGGOTS and sc2 and a moba/rts focused on 1vs1 sounds like a great thing and not many games are esports focused AND 1vs1 at the same time. Denuvo ruined that for me so now i want this game to die fast as well

And as something that still have that multitasking needed for a RTS i am the target person that would buy this game. WHY WOULD THEY FUCK UP BY ADDING DENUVO?

Honestly if you truly enjoy the game you shouldn't let Denuvo stop you from playing it. Titanfall 2 is probably one of the best EA titles released in the last decade and it uses Denuvo. Is Denuvo completely shit and uneeded, yes, but I liked the game enough to look past its garbage DRM. I'd say the same thing about Nier, but I own it on my ps4 just so I didn't have to have another Denuvo game in my library. My point is this game is not worth having Denuvo on your computer.

I wait for the 75% off sale coming in winter in that case. Or buy a cheap key from a 3rd party

Or just make for Broodwar remastered as i think that games esports scene will last far longer (it is still alive in SK many years after and i think it is the longest running esport)

You can get broodwar OG for free now

People are likely going to call me a Blizzdrone now but if you want a very fast paced 1vs1 RTS that have very little RNG and have a huge skillgap in multiplayer no RTS comes close to Broodwar. It is not only because there are Blizzdrones because Broodwar was a game that did so many good things that it is the reason why Blizzdrones exist today. Not going to defend the SJW parts in Overwatch or the flawed but still ok gameplay in SC2 but Broodwar was amazing and still is

who cares it is a shit game

I'm fed up with those people EVEN NOW.

the only thing really wrong with sc2 is how they handled custom maps. i dont know if they remedied that but i dont feel like looking.

The blob vs blob gameplay is also flawed as well as how much of the game are based on winning that 200vs200 blob fight. You can play well the whole game and still lose because the enemy controlled the blob better

We have to keep the most relevant (and negative) review up. Reading the comments, it helped many people not to buy the game apparently

I dont own the game but that is a bad argument. Here are some maps from Starcraft 1 and 2 where you can do the same. You can easily make those maps look like a moba map as well

>these sorts of people

(heil'd)
It's probably the same faggot that's been making that shitty argument here for years now.

i was actually curious if the game would have multiple maps beings as some anons were so hell bent on billing the game as a moba.

why are your lines striking through what looks to be like impassable terrain?

What really rustles me is the fact that it's not just any Warboss or Kaptin deciding to set aside differences and work with the others, it's Gorgutz. The Blood Ravens have fucked him out of a Waaaagh! twice already and now he's ready to work with their chapter master? Let alone the twiggy twat.

What are you talking about? Those maps are larger and allow you to take different paths whereas in dow3 maps paths are reduced and limited. Not to mention the tower, generators and whatnot in the middle of the way

not mine, it's just the first image with dow maps I found. Those lines are inaccurate but not by much and only in 2 maps

This is on the level of some of the worst fanfiction out there, holy fucking Emperor. Why couldn't they include some backstabbing to stay in tone with the setting like in Winter Assault where Eldar and IG had a short cease fire? What the flying fuck is this?

unfortunately, it doesnt look like they stay friends.

Nah. Pathfinding is horribly fucked up. Marines pushing tanks away while moving? It's retarded.

Starcraft has legitimate air and dropship strategies. Additionally most maps do not feel like lanes because of large oppen terrains, at least in SC1. Especially the first map you show has the middle being a huge open ground.
And whatever you do, in sc and dow1 you can choose where to place defenses. In dow3 you cannot place defense and turrets are already fixed.

It's bullshit no matter how you look at it. Pic related is what needs to happen to the writers.

It's missing 'genderfluid'.

Here is the layout of every current map in dow3, accompanied by map layouts of LoL.

Wait there are no air units in DoW3 that you can harass with like mutas/banshess/fenixses in sc2? That is super fucking dumb to not have that

what was the last rts to have maps that werent symmetrical kaleidoscopic choke point fests? im guessing ai war, age of empires 3 and if it counts infested planet.

you want to talk to me about bad pathing?
im playing total annihilation core contingency as we speak and the boat ai is a goddamn nuisance.

so, the second arm mission starts you off with a construction ship, and advanced construction sub and i want a mild array of air defense pronto or im gonna be eating torpedo bomber dick.
you can tell builder units to assist eachother by giving them a guard command. but the fucking sub always jumps in front of the ship and prevents it from initiating the damn construction!

yeah, part of the charm of the game is the pathing and how wreckage can obstruct and turn the tide of a battle, but i cant wait to get off of goddamn hydross.

Well you have flying units I think, but they are pretty minor.

While TA hass issues, the solution in sc2 was not to improve pathfinding, but to make units behave like jelly. I have pushed tanks with 2 marines up to 600 range.
This is the reason for deathballs to exist. It's extremely easy to bunch up everything from tanks to marines.

there were nevery any in dow 2 either, and dow1 didnt have them until soulstorm, the last expansion.
what they did have was units that have jump jets. sometimes even vehicles. a targeted jump, not cliff hopping like starcraft 2s reapers.

Also heroes looks way too strong in DoW3. I liked how they worked in WC3 where they are only strong endgame (and even then they are not insanely strong) Mainwhile it looks like in DoW3 they stomp whole armies alone

And Soulstorm was terrible.

are units able to stutterstep in sc2 easier as well? for some reason i have the idea that they do. i didnt play very much before being saddened by muh custom maps

i dont know man, some of those agility heroes get pretty bonkers with the right items.
they were pretty nasty to deal with in dow2 as well.

thats not the point. anyways, why is it terrible? i was too entertained by how deliciously angry and fire crazed all the sisters units were to notice any glaring flaws.

The saddest thing of all is

Stutterstepping in sc2 is pretty huge. I guess it depends on the race you play but marines and maurauders can do it extremely well.

Saw jain zar or whatever the eldar hero is kill 4 half hp ork slugga squads with one spell(the projectile that goes forward and backwards).
WC3 has nothing on this. Early game the aoe spells were really weak and even in the late game you cannot hope to oneshot units with them. Support spells and summons were much stronger and more useful, or the stronger aoes would be slow damaging, like blizzard.

Yep. The only unit I hear does not benefit form stutterstep is the hydra.

i would have thought a unit with a longer attack animation would benefit more from animation cancelling. or have they changed hydras a lot since wings of liberty?

jej

From that video that got a lot of views and also was posted on Holla Forums it says that most of the units are just attack move. Is it true that there are very little micro you can do to win fights with normal units and the only micro comes from your hero?

Do they seriously only have 8 maps? They just made them generic symmetrical maps and yet they only have 8? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since they couldn't even be bothered to make a 4th faction.

From what I have seen the heroes are broken as shit and are the only way to actually influence fights early on anyway. There is no way to influence fights early on outside of either using a hero or having more numbers. Units only fire when standing still, no cover, no morale, no extra equipment you can invest in like grenades or heavy boltors etc…

It ends up looking like a Moba because they game is essentially played around your OP hero since everything else is useless in comparison. It also apparently has a big problem with most units being cannon fodder since there are not any unit limits meaning most people just spam the best unit such as the predator along with a bunch of really cheap cannon fodder infantry.

Nah. The idea is move fast and shoot. The hydra slower startup ainmation makes that impossible. Hydras just do attack move. While marines can sidestep like champs.
Melee units have a hard time.

All that remains to be seen if how jewish they're going to be with DLC faction releases, my money is on one faction per DLC at most.

stutterstep like chams*

That is just sad. For what i have read and watched on youtube DoW3 is a half-assed ASSFAGGOTS and a halfassed RTS. The biggest problem i have is not that there are not much basebuilding but what you said here

From what I have seen the heroes are broken as shit and are the only way to actually influence fights early on anyway. There is no way to influence fights early on outside of either using a hero or having more numbers. Units only fire when standing still, no cover, no morale, no extra equipment you can invest in like grenades or heavy boltors etc…

Hero should be stronger than normal units but not insanely stronger than normal units (WC3 did it right) and normal units should need micro to use well. It should not be a game of more numbers>less numbers but a game where you micro units so that a higher armycount that attack-moves die to a lower army count. The fact that this is not true makes it a bad game for esports (and skill based 1vs1 fight) and makes the game fail in that aspect as well. It is sad because i do want a moba rts with a esports focus but it looks like i should wait for a WC3 remaster

The entire presentation of the game was pretty damn good, but yeah, the most fun missions in campaign were the campaign important ones where they mixed up the standard game types. I absolutely hated assassination and the data stealing missions in campaign; they just weren't that fun to play, imo, and it was easy for you or your enemy to just cheese it.

You haven't played CoH 2 I see. Take a look a the British forces faction DLC. You get 3 British commanders and the other 3 british commanders come with other DLC. So for DoW 3, so looks like 1/2 a faction per DLC at most.

Jesus Christ, I've loved the first one but never played the second. I had no idea it was that bad.

Didn't all the factions except chaos work together in Retribution as well? I thought they all sort of united to stop the Tyranids on Typhon or wherever the fuck. SMs had some pretty dank cutscenes in that one.

Skimmers can all move over any sort of terrain since they are counted as flyers what even are you talking about? I know for a fact in the beta my fucking shadow spectres and vypers would fly over terrain like it was nothing unlike in Soulstorm where the air units were just shittier hover tanks.

Jain Zhar can get like two shot by the Ranger asshole. The ranger elite though in the beta seemed like his piercing shot was useless since it always seemed to collide with terrain and his other abilities were just an escape.

Wasn't the DLC on the cheaper side though? I think I remember getting the Oberkommando West and Murica for like 10 bucks and then when they added in new commanders I thought you could RNG getting them through just playing. Not sure though I kinda stopped playing CoH2 after Assault Squad 2 dropped.

Not at all, if I remember right in the main DoW2 you wipe out the Eldar in some city battle and later on in Retribution you kill the Eldar seer council that was trying to prevent the exterminatus of the planet on which their craftworld was on. What's retarded though is that there are no faction unique missions so if you played Retribution as the Eldar you still have to fight craftworld Eldar from a different craftworld which makes zero fucking sense considering how much they all care about saving their race.

Nope although it would have made more sense than DOW3. The eldar knew the tyranids were coming and wanted to stop them because Typhon was actually a craftworld or something so of course they went and warned the humans then worked with them to fight off the tyranids right?

Nope, the Eldar stirred up the orks to try and get a Waaaagh going in the hopes it would slow down the Tyranid invasion, assumedly so they could try and reactivate the craftworld before it was overrun. Then when the Imperium started fighting back against the orks, the Eldar started attacking them and sabotaging cities and factories.

If anything it was a tale of how little factions would work together.

Why the Eldar thought that Orcs would be more of a challenge for nids than the local human defenders comprised of some IG and a fucking space marine recruitment world protected by I think a company of Blood Ravens is beyond me. Fucking space elves.

Because it has worked before. I think it was Inquisitor Kryptmann who deflected a hive fleet straight towards the Ork empire of Charadon, which turned out to actually halt their advance.

Could have sworn regardless of your faction you work with Gabriel to kill Kyras at the end of Retribution. I also could have sworn that the Inquisitor had a deal with Kaptain Bloodflag which at the end of the ork story she tries to assassinate him, but fails.

Sure but an existing ork empire os one thing but a relatively weak WAAAGH wouldn't do much to stop the nids, would it? I'm behind on my greenskin fluff so I might be wrong. Space smurfs have also driven back the nids at some point iirc.

Depends on the size of the WAAAGH and the size of the hive fleet.

WTF is that Super-Eye of Terror supposed to be?

Gabriel and all blood ravens die in all campaigns but the SM one. Inquisitor Adrastia is a radical who's ok with working with xenos so depending on whether you play eldar or orks there'll be some minor cutscene cooperation.

Because if the Waaagh got up and going then it would have slowed them down a lot, it's just that all the humans would have died. They thought the humans would just honourable last stand then fall to the nids while the orks would slow them down as they kept reproducing constantly.

hahahahahahaha
steamdb.info

Wew, and identical corridor layout from dow 2.
RIP RTS genre.

You couldn't be more obvious Shlomo, reported.

holy shit. They fucking neutered Gorgutz into Gorcuckz so hard. He sounds no where near as much of a big boss should like in the other DoW, and Gabriel is just as bad. I mean the model sizes in this game are also fucking retarded, the space marines are smaller then the servitor models that arn't on all terrain tracks making them stand a bit higher they are just lanky arseholes with retarded metal limbs swinging about full of autism. Fuck all this game has done to the setting, fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is it just me or does the game just seems really low budget? Not just the fact that there is only 3 races, but

Did anyone play anything other than Skirmish in Dow1 and 2?

Besides the campaigns? I played tons of multiplayer (Elite Mod) on DoW2. Never was big into skirmish.

According to Steamcharts, the release peak of the game was just about 25.6k people. That's still over twice as much as Battleborn's all time peak, which is 12k.

>Chaos is the *generic* mook enemy instead of Tyranids

YOU FUCKING FUCKS

I'M GONNA STICK A TENTACLE SYRINGE IN YOUR NECK, AND SUCK OUT ALL YOUR FLUIDS AND MAINLINE THEM LIKE HEROIN

I meant in general the skinning, the semi cartoonishness, the limited blood/gore (Guardsmen getting gutted and their intestines spilling out), the voice acting changes, the fucking everything. If this were not titled Dawn of War III, it would be an alright standalone game, but my point is it doesn't follow the tradition, and seems to emulate the very game that turned GW off of a 40K RTS.

The filthy Xenos were also still attacking everyone else. Why should humanity listen?

I would play Campaign and switch between the modes, and I would usually stick with skirmish but it just bothers me that the only mode out is that literal mobashit mode where you go after the cores.

The fucking knivears are shitting up the galaxy again and accidentialy a few major fucking warpstorms.

And the Tyranids that survived had become hardened after absorbing Ork biomass

yes, obviously, in fact multiplayer in soulstorm is still alive and well, with tournaments and stuff

skirmish sucks unless you play ultimate apocalypse

dow 2 elite mod used to be active during weekends

I feel like the moba meme is a bit too much of a meme. I honestly think it is there to stop baserushers and to draw games out. Although they could have just fixed it by adding back in defensive buildings.

Early rushing is a legitimate strategy.
What better time to take out your opponent than when he is at his weakest?
Giving the player a blanket and saying 'it's all right if you massively fuck up, the bad guys can't get you in your base' is just feeding them a false sense of security and making them not improve.

Of course, that's only good for 'serious' play, if you just want to have casual fun you won't be rushing to win.
It's still retarded.

Yes truly fixed turrets positions with no buildable defense is the pinnacle of standard rts design.
Would you argue that the devs themselves call it a moba influence, or would you argue with the game makers as well ?

Only koth. People have tried over the years to make different rts objectives, but if it's not skirmish or koth things tend to get unbalanced. Mobile objetives mean the fastest faction wins. In regicide you'd lose to stealth or single unit focused attacks, etc

This. No IG commissar rush no buy

They fucked over a lot of things, like the artillery.
Playing with full basilisks in soulstorm wasnt as satisfying as it was on dark crusade.

>DOW 1 has sync kills, though the most of the time it can be divided by death animation as "hit, dropped to knees, killed", "strong hit that throws away", "point blank machine gun". Still awesome.
Yep, still sticking with modded DOW I.

Do it, I'm genuinely curious as to whether or not that would work.

This is the worst fucking meme of the last few years

I stopped playing shortly afterthe 6th Edition came out and I don't know much about 7th but from what I read about t8th , can we go back to something like 3rd or 4th?

TOP KEK

my bad
7 maps
Still shit though.

How fucking hard can it be to whip up a few dozen symmetrical maps? Fuck me.

This is so fucking artificial. It's not tied to what you control on the map. It's tied to the timer.
You also can't rush. Due to turrets.

This is an indredibly limiting mode. The dev must be full of casuals. They couldn't even make a proper annihilation or skirmish mode.

Expansion Soon

How does it feel to know that Stubbs lost?

And they killed Alexander to sell space nuns

There's no hope for this pile of shit becoming non canon, is there?

Why does this franchise keep getting worse?

Why does EVERYTHING keep getting worse?

Fixed that for you.

God Emperor, Pls Make Stubbs Reclaim Kaurava and Relic exterminatus

I want Relic to leave and never come back

orks were created with the purpose of fighting and winning.

3 games and still no Fire Dragons in vanilla. Latest game doesn't even add in Striking Scorpions or Warp Spiders. Relic plz.

Sheesh, I know that the whole "Holla Forums doesn't play videogames" is suposed to be a meme, but I'm starting to think it's actually true.

Made a thread to talk about the game itself:
I'd ask folks to keep the Denuvo talk in this thread, but Holla Forums being Holla Forums well…

There are Striking Scorpions and Warp Spiders, but they're Elite units, meaning only one squad of each. On the upside, they are powerfull and respawn. On the downside, you can't mass teleport 5 spider squads being their vehicles and insta-gib them with bombs.

faggot, do not make duplicate threads

Shill

I came here to laugh at you.

Motherfucking Newcrons, probably Trazyn.

Article updated, Imp Guardboys keep getting the shaft. 1d4chan.org/wiki/Vance_Motherfucking_Stubbs

yea lets forget the fact that they are trying to give it the World of Tanks treatment. mixed with some fucking ASSFAGOTS for good luck. the game play is about microing hero units and the actual units in the game are just fucking minions that you get to control *for now* while you go take out towers and then the enemies nexus. with hero units you can "Customize" and a clear micro transaction store already half set up in the beta. the addition of denovo is probably so some autists cant salvage a good game out of this hot mess by modding it. also they are probably trying to make it some fucking "Competitive" game rather than making it fun.

the thread is in the catalog but it 404s me. i never figured out how to get around that bug.

It was reported and deleted mate. Probably considered a duplicate thread. Since you know, there's already so much gameplay discussion in this thread.

I think early rushing is a terrible flaw in most RTS.

I'm speaking from personal experience here.
Anytime me or an enemy rushes early game, only two things happen: either the rush fails, and the rusher starts with a hobbled economy or the rush succeeds, and the defender starts with an even more hobbled economy (if he doesn't outright lose).
Essentially, it decides the match on the first 5 minutes, and if the rusher loses, you get a slog of 25 minutes where he doesn't really have a chance to win, but you still gotta play anyway.
I like games where the winner is decided much later and closer to the endgame. I understand rushing in "competitive" games where people are willing to cheese to increase their ELO ranking (it's still retarded, but hey, at least there's a reason there).

The symmetrical shield-turret-core thing is a simple way to "fix" that, but I think it's disappointing. I remember Battle for Middle Earth having some special maps where the defender started inside a large base, like Dol Guldur or Minas Tirith. Giving players a map-thematic fortress for the other players to assault would fit DoW better.