Games where your character uses stairs properly instead of either clipping through them/moving up an invisible ramp?

Games where your character uses stairs properly instead of either clipping through them/moving up an invisible ramp?

Really? You want a whole thread for this inconsequential bullshit? Fuck off back to cuckchan.

dubs, though

Do you want to talk about autistic characters that you can relate to instead?

GTA4 I think.

Is this some fresh new meme?

Probably just the guy from the meta thread the other day butthurt that Mark won't micromanage the board.

that would be a step up

this is a false flag

Took him a while to recover from the wordfiltering of disposable weeb-shit but he finally summoned the mental strength to find a new reason to sage everything.

no, the effect would be purely visual because no one wants sluggish or jittery controls while trying to move for the sake of arbitrary, autistic realism in one tiny detail. So it'l never be 'proper', even with inverse kinetics without negatively affecting gameplay

I like it RE6 and I think 5 do it properly and it's immersive not everyone wants every game to be a 90mph quake clone

oh what was "I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill" filtered to? I wondered where the shitposter went to but it turns out he was posting with the words changed around.

It's a tiny detail that looks fucking great when you compare it to stairs done in the source engine, where by default they emulate choppy minecraft movement or where with the help of invisible map geometry they turn into ramps.

Yakuza 0, GTA4&5 and the MGS series, off the top of my head.

oh
when I first typed it there wasn't a word filter though.

GTA with the slav guy

Stairs, truly sciences last great mystery.

moar

I don't know about the whole tertiary thing, but this is a shit thread that deserves sage bombs.

Fuck off nigger, there's no reason for this thread to exist, just like I and this user said

Did you even played mgsv?

you fuck off, and that nigger can too, because I like it when shit that is clearly at least attempting to farcically simulate real life makes an effort on the details

go play your call of duty bullshit if you don't want fine details in games

Go play Arma you fucking autist. If you love stairs so much that you want them realistically simulated in your games and want a whole thread on Holla Forums to discuss them you need to go take your fucking meds. I'll care about realism when games are fun again.

par for the course for me really

fuck off nigger loving waifu fag.

pls user, the jokes gone on to long. I'm beginning to think you really like that thing.

I think some Assassin's Creed games might have gotten stairs right. That's not to praise them as games, but you asked.

them guaranteed (You)s tho

I cant help it, its beastly visage compels me.

user I'm worried for your health

user get your eyes checked.

I am not so autism that I am unaware you were using "beastly visage" as a remark about her negroid features but that's really sort of the point you know ('ω')

don't encourage me
lots more pictures in the pso2 thread

anyway I thought of another game that does stairs right: Castlevania 2D games

No actually, its proportions are all wrong and it just in general looks fucked up.
Like a mother can love her ugly child, you too are blind to the thing you make.

Well to join in on OP's discussion, Hitman (2016) and Max Payne 3 both have pretty good stair climbing animations.

I wanna sniff snakes musky sweaty, asshole.

are you fucking kidding me

Same with LA Noire.

In Second Sight: not only do you go up stairs realistically but you also go down them faster using some kind of free-running technique.

Where do you cucks come from?
Plebbit? Cuckchan? Or even tumblr?

For me, this is the deciding factor in a game.
If the stairs are broken, I throw it - and the computer I installed it on, out the window - on fire.

Good job I'm a multi-millionaire.

you should do something more constructive with your money, like buying a car with wheels made of gold or something

cortex command? actually, are there any stairs in that game? if there are, i know they would work as you requested since thats how you walk over everything else, even wreckage. footing is a thing in that game

this really is post-hotwheels Holla Forums

I miss him.

I wonder what hotwheels does nowadays. He said he doesn't come here much.
Probably spends his days dicking philippine prostitutes.

Kill yourselves.

Posts about emojis and fonts on Twitter. His most recent involvement with Holla Forums was something to do with the site's backend when it got hacked.

Neat, haven't played that in years, makes me wonder what the earliest example would be.

Fallout 3?

That's cum and your waifu a slut.

the fuck's wrong with you?

seriously user, this may be a shit template thread but its a classic. You should lurk more.

I remember when I was playing Uncharted 2 at a friend's house, and it was the first time I saw a character using stairs properly.

Possibly the last time I was blown away by "next-gen" technology

Details like this should be mandatory in modern games. This and the ability to flush toilets.

This cutscene reminds me of all the fucking dumb ways they chose to strip Max of his weapons.

One of the first things I noticed about the game, actually. Even has different animations for running and walking up and down stairs, each being accurate.

I read weapons as dignity at first.