Template Thread #2493493493

Good Job, Mark, Lime and Miscellaneous Cocksucker. You've really outdone yourselves this time.

Let's give them all a round of applause, folks!

Other urls found in this thread:

qt.vidyagam.es/eq6mPjl.png
archive.is/https://Holla
archive.is/d66QH
archive.is/d66QH#selection-1287.2-1295.4
archive.is/AAV5f
archive.fo/3yBXV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hohohohohoh you sure showed them

Then report them all and sagebomb, you fucking spaz.

This board has become total shit, like worse than Holla Forums even.

I've filtered so many threads that the catalog only shows 41 now. I don't think I'm just getting less patient, either. It feels like there's been a drastic drop in quality over the past few weeks.

Fucking seriously. Not only has this board been degrading faster than a dried desert corpse, but people have become more hostile as well. It's not fucking comfy anymore.
Fuck. There is nowhere else to go.
What's causing this?

>>>/neogaf/

I assume newfags.

Generals are even worse, you retard.

It's a good thing this thread is now on the front page, bringing up tho collective quality of the board.

So that's the gay cartoon man, right? Steeve and Billy?

have you thought it's because of the infinite amount of (1)'s and the fact that people like OP think this is just Reddit without downvotes?
Sage for shit thread

People always say this shit, but I challenge you to remember a time when this board, or any other board, had ever met your expectations. I don't think you can. You're doing it wrong if you have expectations.

There's nowhere to go. Anywhere else is slower than molasses and anything faster is proportionally more cancerous. Just ride it out until the death of the internet.

Meta threads increase as board quality dips. People "always say this shit" because it's true.

Wew lad, you're really into something.

Anyway, what is a template thread? What are its defining features? From the name I assume things like generals are template threads, would that be correct to assume?

Did you think he didn't know?

This is the absolutely worst part about it, I am honestly considering moving again, my will to post here is already dry.

Just move to a less popular board on here or make your own.

Mark. You're not doing your job you lazy kike.

Have you ever considered, for a second, that maybe you've outgrown imageboards?

Threads I don't like obviously
Out of jokes, is shit like "What games let me x or y", you know thread were the OP is just a single fucking line.

I am not refuting, but care to explain a little more this point?

Well me personally, I have. Guess i'll just go to some emulation forum with a nice community.

This sums it up.

It's an imageboard, what do you expect?
If they're nice, people complain about hugboxes.
If they're hostile, it's not comfy anymore.

Also, notice how OP, for being this much of a metafag and shitting up the catalog even more, is one of those (1) and done OPs that don't even bother to discuss the problem he is suggesting exists.

That does not sum it up, but you're making progress. Post some pictures from that image folder. I want to see explicit examples of "template threads".

you're apart of the problem too. If you wanted a quality board all you need to do is make more quality threads and use quality images.

There's literally a list of examples in the second image, you dingus.

Some of you are actually fucking retarded.
Look at the rules page.
It has two links under Rule 7.
qt.vidyagam.es/eq6mPjl.png
Template threads are OPs that are copied and pasted and have been copied and pasted for years.

A thread with a throwaway starter, ie "now that the dust has cleared", "what if (x) was (y)?" and the like. Part of the problem with it is who honestly can claim to fucking care if an OP is "low-effort" if it facilitates discussion and conversation, and even with well-thought-out OPs you'll get bombarded by (1) shitposts anyways? Sometimes blatant template threads produce more interesting results or more worthwhile discussion than any amount of quality OP. The rule was made in direct response to Ruggarell, a tripfag who was posting identical threads (legitimately identical threads, which is where "template" comes from) simply to spam Holla Forums. Over time its definition was extended into "low-effort threads" just as a rule of thumb, then stretched into unsustainable levels of bending the original truth once we started getting autists who proclaimed any thread they didn't like template. Sometimes the mods would agree even when it wasn't actually a template thread and would hotpocket it.

You'd actually be correct in the assumption that generals are template threads, but they're sanctioned for no readily apparent reason. Mark claims the board would be "choked out" if it weren't for general threads, but general threads condense the board into fewer and fewer threads and do a fantastic long-term job of slowing the board to shit as more and more generals are encouraged. Mark wants to moderate /vg/ but with Holla Forums's user-numbers, basically.

(two pair)

That is so very easy to say but actually getting a worthwhile community out of it is nigh-impossible if you aren't a well-established board like Holla Forums or /tg/ and don't fill a niche like /cow/. There's also that Mark likes to filter out alternative Holla Forums boards and send his board-goblin white knights to them to raid them even though he's the same cocksucker that put the "Holla Forums is not your personal army" line in the rules.

Likely what he means by the board in general growing hostile is autism is settling in, be it from new people or just from old people shitposting. There's very definitely people trying way too fucking hard to fit in with the "kill yourself op" Holla Forumsshit cropping up, and general negativity. Hell, OC is practically nonexistent outside of drawthreads thanks to general threads dominating the board and a generally unwelcoming mindset trying to rear its head.

I never knew that. If that's true, it's pretty fucking low, and goes against Holla Forums's entire foundation.

He's done it since the start because he could get away with it since he's friends with the admins.

At least generals are vidya discussion. There is absolutely no reason for shit like 4AM threads to be allowed.

Alternative boards like /vvv/, which was spammed all over the place? Or /svidya/, whose board owner quit and had nothing to do with Holla Forums in the first place?

MIDF please.

Yeah, I can see that. It's not enough to give titles, because some of those can spark legitimate discussion.
I consider these to be marginally "controversial", with the exception of the 'PS2 HD collections on PS3'. There are tired arguments that people reiterate every time these subjects come up, sure, but the subjects aren't in and of themselves fruitless or incendiary in nature.

Maybe you just saved that image and someone else created it, so you can't give explicit examples. Fine, but I'm just saying that, even though the majority of that list is shit, there are some topics there that I don't think are too bad.

Those links are not sufficient enough to cover the broader concept behind the word "template thread".

This is a better summation, thanks.

At some point moderation will become impossible, if it isn't already. As more phoneposters turn to the dark side, their "Instant new IP" button will undo most bans unless entire carriers are blocked.

Sure PCs can get a new IP fairly easy but rebooting a router is a lot more annoying than toggling airplane mode for a second.

Always said posting on phone shouldn't be allowed. Anyone who uses internet on their phone is a fucking degenerate piece of shit who can't be offline for even a second anyway. Just make it so everyone going to Holla Forums on a phone gets a blank page or something.

It makes you wonder why the fuck would you want to browse Holla Forums off your phone anyway? Do you really want someone else to look over your shoulder to see you browsing /cuteboys/?

We don't filter alternatives, hell we even promoted both /svidya/ and blues board back in the day. As for your empty accusation of us sending people to raid alternatives. This is a false narrative with no evidence to support it at all. It's easy to make wild claims on image boards where people are prone to take allegations as facts. The only reason /vvv/ was filtered was because it was being spammed like crazy. It wouldn't have filtered if it wasn't spammed.

Finally. The "Boss" is here.
What can you do about lazily pasted template threads? Some are rehashes like the PlayStation one, pretty sure that violates the rules. Among others…

What are your thoughts on phoneposters? I know a good amount of them are good but bad phoneposters can really go crazy if they wanted to.

Ban 4AM and waifu threads, you fat fuck.

I use Wi-Fi, so being banned for using a mobile device would suck.

Also this thread >>12410089

Don't call him fat, he's just conserving his energy for the winter (´・ω・`)

I'm fatter than him, anyway.

You two should cuddle

Post your tits

Ban Waifu Wednesdays. Ban 4AM thread. Ban Tewi threads. Bring back Hunger Games. Thanks Mark.

WHAT DID YOU FAGGOTS EXPECT?
Holla Forums was turn to shit after Trump legion came in, you didn't think Holla Forums would fall as well? So fucking naive. Enjoy the shitposting and searching for alternatives. Faggots.

Wait. HG threads are banned?

I appreciate you're trying, but at least have the spine to ban threads you've said you were going to ban 2 years ago.

No, I've posted in a few a month or two ago. They're just rare because nobody wants to make them.

Why do you fucking believe everything you read on imageboards? Seriously.

Fuck you, now your anti-template thread is a template thread. Turn OP's picture into a videogame character

Good job faggot.

For around 6 months after the first exodus this board functioned exactly how I'd hope it would.

No. That's why I'm asking a question. You daft fucking cunt.

This shit again?
Have you ever looked at the catalogs from those days? People would be throwing shitfits if they did.
archive.is/https://Holla Forums.co/v/catalog.html

Wow. It's as "If Holla Forums as a whole begins to make their own identify and standards begin to become more apparent.'

And just as easy to go the other way around when you don't provide any evidence to the contrary besides your own word on the matter. I don't trust you implicitly based on your ## Board Owner tag, you know. As a matter of fact there is alarmingly little you've done to earn my trust over your Holla Forums tenure and I get the sneaking suspicion quite a few others could attest similarly.

How to prove a negative?

I don't remember /svidya/ being filtered, it was in the recommended board list.
archive.is/d66QH

I see people discussing video games, let alone that you could bring up something on consoles without it being shitposted to hell and back by a legion of mustards.

Also make the board forced anonymous.

THIS
T
H
I
S

But then where would Holla Forums circle jerk their shit?

Oh, go look for specific threads then. You'll see dubs spam in a lot of threads. Why? Because there was no rule 10 at the time.

THESE TWO, PLEASE.

I've never played around with the mod tools, but isn't there a record of when board settings were changed and all that? If so it'd be an absolute trifle to show a list of wordfilters made and show the accredited weren't ever part of it. I'm speaking entirely out of my ass here, though.

He already did that and it was a complete disaster because it turned out tripcodes actually serve a purpose and an entire facet of the board being removed because of two or three autists 97% of Holla Forums doesn't come in contact with whatsoever doesn't make any sense. Isn't there a tripcode-ban feature?

yeah, no

There's no board log for filters, no.

Infinity killed this board
Hotpockets are also doing it
Shitton of cuckchan crossposting

The templates are probably banned weekend fags who got banned from cuckchan as well.

The board isn't shit because of that, its the community of absolute retards that formed here and all the good ones that left.

Also, you can look at it right here.
archive.is/d66QH#selection-1287.2-1295.4
Part of the recommended boards.

Identification of figures relevant to certain projects or subjects, ie artists or musicians, but here's where you say "who cares" or "they're attention whores too". He already did it once and it was so wildly unpopular that it got toggled straight back.

Hm, I could've sworn there was one. I need to make a test-board and familiarize myself with some of this stuff so I know what mods do and don't have access to.

Well, that's the beauty of this place. There are no supersecret mod tools. As soon as you create a board, you can see what any board owner and volunteer can do.

People weren't bitching about tripcodes, they were throwing a fit over the email being taken out, despite me almost never seeing anyone use anything other than sage.

It sure as fuck wasn't there for very long.

Forced anonymous removes the e-mail field automatically.

You're a fucking retard OP I hope you know that.

Just say it's you and prove it, colored ID's are there for a reason.

If attention whores do it then you ban them, if it's people working on a project, then ya don't.

You can fight fire with fire, but you can't fight shitposting with shitposting.

To be fair, Mark said he was going to make a meta thread himself soon™ but he never did.

Are these bots? or do the mods personally come in and this is the only response they have? This is starting to get suspicious.

How do I prove I didn't do something

Eat another cake.

What do you mean? The last one was a week ago.

You remove the filter

I know that, but they still whined anyway.

He'll make it at odd hours to "avoid the meta shitters that constantly ruin the threads" despite the fact that every meta thread still has the same threads being bitched about.

That and the last meta thread was semi productive with pushing and organizing more Weekend Holla Forums plays or whatever.

It's kind of crazy, but sometimes multiple people have the same opinion

Nigga, they will bitch and moan about anything. There's literal proof /svidya/ and /vidyagaems/ were on the recommended board tab and some retards still believe he filtered them.

Well seeing that Holla Forums has full blown bots, I wouldn't be surprised if Holla Forums was doing the same. There is no way 8ch.net is getting this much traffic.

Delete this thread, thr Mario64 vs Sonic Adventure thread and the PS4 chart one you kike.

Please allow MAD threads again, you kike. Webm threads are shitposting containment threads where good content goes to drown.

It was still there two months later:
archive.is/AAV5f
Your selective memory isn't reality.
It's not even the only alternative Holla Forums being recommended there.

There is no way 8ch.net is getting this much traffic

Why? We're not much a sekrit club anymore.

So, per-thread throwaway tripcodes.

Archive links suggesting against/proving the contrary, which that other guy luckily had on hand.

Possible template threads.

Missed a couple, but you get the gist.

Most of those are not template threads.
Template threads need to be copied and pasted. Those are just shitty OPs.

Most of those are legitimate threads, what the fuck are you talking about.

2014 Fall 8/v/ met my expectations perfectly. But then again, I'm not a sperg about "template threads" (meaning any other threads besides Senran/Touhou generals) like OP

2 years is enough of a time for Mark to change his mind. Going through 8archive with /svidya/ shows that a lot of people where spamming the shit out of it and complaining about how it was spammed to hell and back along with somehow worse moderation than Holla Forums.

End/v/ also got filtered, but they were spamming fucking everywhere which may be causing some overlap.

Yeah, I tried to get rid of those, but one liner threads are now allowed, blame Mark. I can only do so much.

Half of those are not "Template" threads.

Jesus christ I cant imagine what you would like to see this board Look like.

fuck off, stop calling for overmoderation, we have mods that are paranoid about a few bad apples and take their frustration on everything else as well

I'm probably paranoid at this point.
When a thread starts with "X thread" or something similar, it sets off a red alert. ha ha

Please keep doubling down. The archives are proving you wrong anyway.

Kill yourself, you retarded nigger.

Asking for people to put more effort into a thread than a single sentence is not overmoderation. Its just telling you not to smear shit on every wall you see.

The only reason he said it was allowed is because half the user base would leave and most of the catalog would be deleted or bumplocked.

Makes you think.

Nigger I'm looking at 8archive right now, there's shit like this floating around over the place.

When someone tells me to die, my life extends by a few days just to spite you bitter inbred motherfuckers.

Of all the things the mods need to do, removing threads that have "A single sentance" is not one of them. Those Ops convey what needed to be discussed, and people are able to formulate posts around it.

How many fucking sentences do you want to describe "Characters with Shitty Bios"?

If I start a conversation with "hello, how are you today", would you punch me in the face because that was too short of a greeting?

It doesn't matter how long the OP is as long as we get a good discussion from it.

Then what makes this place different the fucking half chan you fucking idiots. This is why I dropped moderation duties after the first year because the mods here and Mark are fucking idiots.

Explains everything.

Because it's fucking spammed. That's good enough reason to filter something. Plus, I don't think those are even filtered anymore.

>>>/z/
>>>/svidya/
>>>/ss13/
>>>/nt/
>>>/tg/
>>>/ggrevolt/

THIS.

Did you forget we left cuckchan because it was over moderated?

Not sure what you're trying to say.
That image shows /svidya/ wasn't filtered.
The "I'm spamming the board" line is the filter for Ruggarell spam if I'm not mistaken.

The reason I left is
BECAUSE EVERY FUCKING THREAD WAS ONE LINER CLICK BAIT BULLSHIT WITH NO FUCKING EFFORT
Anyways, there is no reason responding to mark and his drone faggots.

This reads like government propaganda. Pull your head out of your ass

Asking isn't deleting their threads if they don't, it creates a terrible environment for discussion and people will be inclined to call for exodus as mods actively stifle vidya threads because they don't fit their pointless etiquette.
As stated already, adding flavor filler text to meet expectations doesn't contribute anything. You can't ask for more when it's concise and to the point.

Maybe you should go back then. I'm sure they could use more hotpockets like you.

Yes it does. Because OPs sets an example for the rest of the board and the rest of the thread, but since you're obviously a shitposter you wouldn't know.

If you think imageboards are like meeting someone in real life and starting a conversation then permabanning you would only improve the board.

Yeah Im sure the thread saying "new bread" is conveying what needs to be discussed. Tell me all about the discussion they should be/are having in that thread why don't you?

Ans here we see the actual reason why Holla Forums is shit.

Holy fuck, really?
I thought it was because of GamerGate and mods stamping out any discussion about a videogame-related issue. But thanks for this alternative version of history, I guess. It's quite interesting to read what goes on the mind of a literal retard.

Hey Mark, just remember the only reason you own the board is cause you got hotwheels drunk at that party and sucked his dick. I know where you live, and I could kill you right now and no one would care.

Please tell us all how people can discuss things without thinking at all.

Can I get a source on this?

Yes, but it was over moderated for political reasons. Removing "Discuss game x" would help this board a bit by making the threads require more effort to contribute to, granted, the OP doesn't try and bait. Unless the OP puts a picture with all the information that's needed, then it will most likely include some form of shitposting by the lowest common denominators.

You're making even less sense. I just wanted to say hello.

Here comes lime, val and all the controlled opposition known as the EPIC GAMER GATERS! who were compromised in the two months of the exodus. Have fun, faggots.

Ah, autistic rage. Nothing quite like it.

Hi

Oh no, don't think you can get away that easy. While that user is wrong, this place
does have issues. What is Limes issue with banning threads "He doesn't Like" to begin with?

That faggot needs the boot, or he needs to get his shit together.

I said half of those threads, and I stated a specific example.

Now listen here you passive aggressive little shit, because some shit threads start with no effort singular sentence threads, doesn't mean ALL threads do that.

Oh boy, I almost missed the bitchfest.

Hello

You type like a fucking faggot.

Mark's only ever given a shit about user count on this board. You should have seen him freak out in the aftermath of the "hack".
He had a similar outburst when Holla Forums usurped Holla Forums as the most used board on the site back in the early campaign season.

You haven't missed anything, this place has been dead for almost 2 years.

How is your day? Do you like Shinobi 3?

You DO realize that I've been Board Owner since day one of the exodus, right? Please come over for cake, It'll be on me.

Because I'm not threatening people on an imageboard like some autistic nigger? Please, please, do go kill the board owner.

They're not spammed anymore because everyone who would have cared lost interest. If they were just shitposting, they're usually too busy pushing the Holla Forums-Holla Forums shitflinging to go to dead tactics.

From what I remember, /ggrevolt/ got anally blaseted the gg threads and one of the boards weren't posting "right" so they spammed everywhere and got filtered to that. I'm using it to show that it's in the same group of boards that are being linked by (1)s that sage the threads and never actually add anything. The more I go through the archive, the more I see people either linking threads on the board, saying that it's "srs bsns" and complaining about how they would ban wrongthink, or saying that the board is full of faggots who don't want to have "fun".

Have you been to one thread where people whine about a lack of quality control for Holla Forums? You've been to all of them.

Yeah, hence when that party fucking happen.
You DO realize you are a faggot.

Why do you keep repeating yourself?

And yet your post shows a pretty good example of you acting like a new fag, which you were when you became BO of this place due to being first?

Reminder now to conduct yourself better in these threads, or people are going to get snappy. You are suppose to be proving a point.

so you don't deny the charges?

The party happened on day one of the exodus? Holy fucking shit.

I know, but it's like watching that tv show that has the exact same formula over and over again every single episode, but they just change the words except they never change the words, and you still can't stop tuning in for some reason.

We're all here because of that.

No I'm just aggressive.

You're right there are some there are longer than one sentence and are still shitposting threads. But all singular sentence OPs are shitposting by default.

Also nice to see you couldn't and didn't even try to defend the example. You're a fucking idiot who just wants to shitpost.

And you've been told since day 1 that Holla Forums would turn out like this when you refuse to have any sort of quality control.

Please tell me how "new bread" is concise and to the point and creates discussion.
Just because you make good posts in a shitpost thread doesn't mean it becomes a good thread/OP. It just means you should have made a better thread to discuss shit in and you wasted your time on purpose. If you think your posts are so good then you should clearly stop posting in low effort single sentence threads. Its almost like there's a lesson to be learned here… but oh wait no you just want to keep shitposting all over Holla Forums and you don't actually give a fuck about discussion.

Yes, because I'm the exact same person bitching at "rulecuckery", right? The people who want less rules want this place to become a "freech"-like shitfest.

The board was created in September 2014.
The party happened a month and a half later.
archive.fo/3yBXV

Mark let us make MAD threads again, webm threads are a cesspool of utter trash. Stop smothering fun.

Why are you having some side dialogue with yourself?
Is that you lime? how is your faggots ass in that shit mods discord.
HEY MARK
Link the discord so everyone here can come and see how big of fucking faggots run this board.

You have an alternative version of reality going on and you firmly believe in it, despite any facts to the contrary that keep proving you wrong.

Are you also Nihilistic with a Wicked sense of Humor?

I did, I said some threads such as the bad character bio one generates discussion. open your fucking eyes and try reading what people say in this thread.

Also, you are passive aggressive; like a fucking woman, I may add. Maybe Tumblr would be suited for you?

Why can't webm threads go to /webm/? I like the threads, but they're bumping off actual vidya threads for ATHF dumps and other random shit that would belong on Holla Forums.

Also forgot

Stop posting.

Fun fact, I can name every single person in that picture. Can you?

Ninjizz

2a0be3 is reaching levels of retardation I haven't seen often so far.

I can't believe there are so many faggots who'd ban and delete legitimate threads with discussion just because the OP isn't long enough for them.
I wonder if you would say the same if it was a thread that actually interested you, or if this is just an excuse you'd use to get rid of threads that don't interest you personally.

The Gachimuchi threads will stay in the WEBM threads, although if you see someone posting more off topic than on topic then report the user for "off topic webms".

Do it.

Are you Blue?

Aren't the Rule 8 abuse enough for you retarded niggers?
Automoderation from users back in 2014 did moderation better than Hotpockets ever did.

I'm glad the template threads and spam are being deleted and 4AM and such bumplocked.

Anything else shouldn't be fucking meddled with unironically.
Especially certain cancerous generals.

So you're a shitposter.

So you're a shitposter.

>>>/back/ to >>>/cuckchan/ Giga Nigger, learn to English.

How about you quit projecting and actually argue points instead of calling everyone a shit poster, you tranny faggot.

Isn't hostility supposed to be apart of this culture, sounds like you're pretty sensitive.

"template thread" is a vague term that facilitates overmoderation though.

Is it because you were there and sucked all their dicks?

I don't really care what you're saying "But all singular sentence OPs are shitposting by default." tells me enough.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. At least you are enforcing the fact that you're a shitposter.

At least you are enforcing the fact that you're a shitposter.

There's a difference between calling someone an idiot and trying way too fucking hard to get your point across.

this thread got stupid fast

Being polite is the only answer. Even in an argument, you must remain calm, composed, and polite. Let us start this conversation over.
How is your day.

Do you like it or not? jiss is not a clear answer. Did the game give you a blowjob?

Welcome to meta threads on Holla Forums.

Post the discord first, faggot. Do it.

Like the guy who threatened to kill Mark ITT?

I am not actually going to do it, faggot.
But Mark personally hates death threats.

Show me an example because this place has always been "hostile".

Yes, actually. That's what I mean.
It sounds like they're an angsty teen from Facebook/Instagram.

Right above ya, pal.

When everyone was on /sudo/ after the april fools hack was probably the best time I ever had on my three years on Holla Forums. There needs to be a time of the month where everyone is forced to post on a single board.

Seeing as you can't actually argue in favour of anything its clear that you just want to shit up Holla Forums and continue shitposting. And feel like any kind of quality control is putting your shitposting tendencies in danger.

Okay, that sounds awesome.

Remember how the Undertale threads went to shit and got banned for a short while because everyone kept screeching about it?

What I like the most about the hack is that CM went back to never looking at /sudo/ 4-5 days after the site got put back together.

OK then, explain to me how being nice and polite to people when starting a conversation is a bad thing.

So are you Blue?

Its all the newfags
We have faggots here praising the most absolute mediocrity and we have people with decent taste actually giving them shit.
Fucking Killzone/Bioshock/Destiny cocksuckers for Gods sake.

Too many newfags have flooded here and we have a small contingent of older guys giving them shit.

True, but that shit does happen due to cuckchan crossposters/newfags and usually instead of promoting discussion it just promotes shitposting and derailing.
Like the Mario 64 thread for example

The Mario face template was great, but shit like that is rare and OP didnt even give a shit, just went back to cuckchan after posting and was done with it.

Either respond to my arguments or fuck off, shitposter.

Crossposting should be banned tbh. We need a guy who keeps guard.

What was your argument? Casual greetings are bad for image board culture?

They are still banned via immediate bumplock, last I checked. The whole time Undertale threads were around it was full of the types that infest Overwatch threads, constantly trying to screech about memegames and SJWs and otherwise make shit up so they've got a scapegoat to cry about and get banned for le salt.

Yeah but the entire site is like that, everyone calls each other stupid cuckold faggots from differing opinions to shitting up threads, you niggers sound new.

Are you backing down because someone called you Blue?

The Mario face thread is a good example. It was a fun thread with lots of contributions and OC, but some faggots in this thread would have banned it on sight just because the OP wasn't long enough for them or for some other dumb reason.

With every post you make you reinforce the fact that you're a shitposter.

But then we'd have to ban him for being a crossposter too.

You're not getting it since he probably filtered you like a bitch.

We won't forget his sacrifice.

Holy shit, what the fuck happened to this thread? I leave for 30 minutes and you fags are at each other's throats over nothing. Typical.

But what if said user never posted?
Every meta thread

I did look at your initial argument. Just answer my question. How is starting a conversation by being polite and to the point a bad thing?

By that logic we should hang executioners.

I never paid any attention to the threads in particular, outside the bitching that showed up all over the board.

Remember when Holla Forums wouldn't fall for obvious bait on every board? The second exodus killed the site.

Everytime

So we're back to

Good job bumplocking the thread, cuck.

Post proofs.

Nigger that was like the 7th
2014 Holla Forums exodus and then the Holla Forums one were the biggest, but not the first.

you mean trumps cult of personality faggots?

Is it really that hard for you to restate your argument?

I'll happily shit on mark any day but the thing is he can only do so much. I would prefer him to do other things than he doe but hes an autistic shit.
On to my point. WE the anons make the board, not him. He help by making sure faggots stay on topic, but its us that go the rest of the way. Ever day I see anons doing shit because
Fucking shameful. If you wanna change this place for the better then its going to take a concentrated push out marks AND our part. I've said a few times before about keeping a sticky up like other boards with some rules and reminders not to take the bait but it never happens. That could be a step in the right direction.

Wait, there is a discord for mark and the mods? and the thread got bumplocked after getting called out?

Then he'd be a filthy crossboarder regardless and his sacrifice would be a noble one.

Undertale threads were fantastic when there was stuff to actually talk about. OC all over the goddamn place, every thread had spitballing ideas and discussion of story events or (dropped) plot-points. Never any dressing it up as better than it was after the initial awe wore off, though; I imagine most people actually in those threads could tell you it was an OK walking simulator with great music and a hell of a lot of loose plot-threads and wasted potential.

Wait, you had to change IPs because someone called you Blue?

With every post you make you reinforce the fact that you're a shitposter. Tell me if you go to /tg/ so I can start calling you a shi/tg/uy too.

Yup. What do you expect from a Jew and the legion of trannies?

That or an IRC but a place for them to talk isnt really something to far fetched.

This, plus we could use a cyclical shitpost sticky. something like "DESIGNATED SHITTING THREAD" where people can discuss current events/off topic shit without shitting up the thread with threads that don't need to be made.

Just restate your argument, it will make things easier for the both of us. Your initial argument was unclear.

I second the Mario face thread being good. The creation of OC is one of the best things about image boards, pic related. Autistic niggers are confusing "template threads" and threads about templates. Fuck, don't even use the term "template threads." Foolzposting is a better term that's actually defined in the board rules and it refers to an actual history of halfchan cancer (remember all the anime avatarfags and tripfags?)

I really do agree with that rules bit.

You'd have to always keep tabs on it, to be sure that it doesn't get turned into something else entirely.

Try telling Mark that, seeing as thread-quality is sorta-kinda a rule. More often than not "thread-quality" seems to be judged by how immediately it's shitposted to death, I've seen perfectly alright threads immediately get sagebombed and deleted because of the sagebomb instead of all the sages and (1)s being cleaned up.

Then we replaced him with another guy and slowly start weeding them out. It's the perfect plan.

I'm gonna fucking slit your mothers fucking throat and have her hanging from hooks connected to her eye sockets, you disgusting grovel eating subhuman fuckwad.
Kill Yourself.
Like that.

Aw shit nigga!

This. Make one, hide thread, ban everyone who shitposts, and leave.
That's it, it's another step, like 4 AM.

I just did in my previous post

Holla Forums had been infested by cuckchan crossposting and /r/Donald for a while now, imkamfty banning anyone who didn't follow his own set of ideals or hiveminded shat it up even further.
I still remember all the Trump template threads here.
They still happen from time to time.

What the hell are we even arguing about?

Undertale ban was necessary because even though they had a containment thread they eventually leaked out and started shitposting in every other thread with excessive faggotry. Similar to overwatch now but not as bad since most of them went back to reddit or wherever they came from.

Who is Blue?

Is that why /polk/ was made?

Oh, I didn't realize you meant the Mario thread. Sorry.

Maybe, its like mark doesn't visit other boards or something.

Holla Forums openly talks about crossposting on halfchan, why is this ok?
And for you halfchan faggots posting, you arent on 4chan, stop posting like it.

I think it was the 5th or 6th. Obviously it was the "second" that actually kept a large enough userbase for them to "not have enough computers", considering Holla Forums had been deleted 3 times prior to the 2014 migration.

That was well after it ran out of stuff to talk about and its only populace was shitposters. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with getting rid of the generals in the state they were at when banned, those memers were trying to make it another Katawa Shoujo General.

Aren't they over 2000 threads now? And didn't they lose count once?

So did you. Copypasting it over and over was the perfect low-effort response for a shitposter like you. Good to see that you're still enforcing the fact that you're a shitposter with your greentext+anime image. Really sets me up for success.

I genuinely want you to restate your argument. At this point we're just arguing over nothing.

Kiss

Yes and yes.

Epic shitpost shaka-brah.

This is some low-quality autism

Why even bother?

I appreciate the sentiment.

Yes
Most of the OPs are still really good and well thought out, but the actual threads are fucking cancer.
No info, no news, no updates
Just meme talk and cuck spewing with no content and maybe some OC, all of it Facebook Frog.
I still don't know what was so wrong with /hwndu/ threads when that shit was only a really small step lower in quality than in most threads.

Because they've stopped being idealists and are now trying by any means to to push their rethoric.
Same shit with leftycucks

Ayee fair enough

It's not shitposting. I'm being serious, make out and touch each other

THICC

I've been using sage the entire thread, and before it was bumplocked.

The problem with generals it's when discussion becomes stagnant, because the only thing that remains it's just shitposting and this tends to happen specially when the general is about only about game like Undertale or Overwatch

How dare you.

The real problem with generals is that they aren't made to generate discussion, they're made to keep a status quo. Before general threads people just posted an image of said game and went "hey I have been playing this game and while I'm enjoying it…" or other similar threads and people used that thread to discuss said game. It meant people ACTUALLY HAD TO PLAY THE GAME IN QUESTION to make a thread and anyone wishing to discuss it had to have interest in the game to post in the thread.

General threads should be banned.

wew

How is that any different from a general?

You are fucking retarded.

Why would someone make or post in a general of a game they don't play? There used to be Yokai Watch generals here but now there aren't because nobody gives a shit about that game.

It's an anonymous imageboard, anyone can go into any thread, so how would a general be different than a "I've been enjoying x game" thread?

How do you fellows fell about rape?

Generals are made by and for people who are currently playing a game. It's a general thread so that everyone can bring up whatever comes up while they're playing it and have a discussion about it. Most of the things that are brought up in a general aren't worthy of having their own thread.

The more I see that pic the more I want to do as the other user suggested and post it on tumblr for the laughs, but that would require me to make a tumblr account.

Also literally just answered.

Prove it. Oh wait you can't since anyone can say "lol new thread XD" or "heres the copypaste".

Holy shit, this is hilarious.

What you mean ? That doesn't answer shit.

I noticed you completely ignore me prove your "hurr status quo" shit wrong. Tell me why there are no more Yokai Watch threads even though generals are an endless loop?

I think they do that with the word fat or something too

Typed fat in their search bar. Nothing.

I agree with the idea that the OP should create a thread with a well thought out post that is intended to bolster discussion, but I don't think the OP can control how that discussion takes place. Even if you make a well thought out OP, your thread can still be shat on by anyone who doesn't want to talk about whatever it is you're trying to bring to the table. I'm not saying that low effort OPs should be encouraged or even tolerated, I'm just saying that, try as you might, you can't dictate how people decide to use your thread to communicate.

The real issue is that:
1) Your thread is shit
2) Your thread is good, but nobody cares
3) Your thread is good and some people care, but there are more people don't care
4) Your thread is good and most people care, but the content in question has been discussed over and over, such that it's no longer stimulating to speak about it anymore, and so all you get are newfags who ask the same questions you've heard a hundred times.

This is the nature of imageboards, and online communication in general.

Huh, I swear they have one about eating disorders. I think it might be skinny?

Maybe that isn't the post you should be looking at then.

What? Also you never did.
Now you're obviously just trying to change my argument by making retarded shitposts. Won't happen.

What does any of that have to do with stopping low effort OPs or anything I said? Don't try to piggyback off other people, shithead.

Well, you cum eating troglodyte, if you had a modicum of intelligence, you'd be able to understand that

EVEN IF YOU TRY TO ENCOURAGE WORTHWHILE DISCUSSION, YOUR EFFORTS ARE IN VAIN IF THOSE AROUND YOU DO NOT WISH TO PARTICIPATE, AND THAT "CANCEROUS SHITPOSTING" COMES FROM THE PEOPLE THAT INHABIT THE BOARD

Clear enough for you, champ?

Literally all you're saying is that shitposting exists. Still has nothing to do with what I posted. Stop trying to piggyback off people you fucking shithead.

Kill yourself
Obviously you don't understand that simple fact, because you're talking out of your ass as though you think you've found some magical solution that will cure the board of what you deem as "low quality" forever. It doesn't work that way, you useless fuck. There will always be low quality posts, there will always be asshats who don't give a fuck about your chosen topic, and there will always be infighting among people on an anonymous imageboard. In other words, you're not saying anything of value in the first place.

try typing suicide methods on google

Literally kill yourself.

Rude

Google must hate me. All I get is good advice on how to kill myself.

I'm getting different results.

Might be a demographic or region thing.

Arkansas,
you?

Germany, not on a military base.

Google how to unfuck yourself.

Type: Anorexic

I tried asking the question in German.

nice meme