Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/593880/
docs.google.com/document/d/12EUqoSmmU8QTa274pBLQCqEj_kr27WVxvNOfUMl0R-c/edit
steamcharts.com/search/?q=xrd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll never forgive Capcom.

Never fucking ever.

store.steampowered.com/app/593880/
forgot to link the steam page so you can see for yourself. Also here are some of the reviews on the steam page.

I don't understand how that happens. Did the alpha stage miraculously work and then they added something in the beta that completely reversed it? How do they do it?

It's just an ouroboros of failure

Good. I rather them fuck up and die then grow stronger and continue to fuck shit up.

It's funny, I was reading an article about Capcom the other day. And they are tanking pretty hard financially. RE7 while is was moderately successful in the West, it did not share the same success in Japan. Capcom is seemingly relying on it to sell more over its life time if they want to stay a float.

I guess shitty business practices and half-baked products will eventually catch up to any one. Which is sad because RE7 seems like a lot of care went into its development.

thats because sfv doesnt use your steam friends list you dingus. You have to invite them through CFN

Making DMC5, DMC V Bayo or Capcom vs Platinum might help me

Its almost like they should just have made RE6-2.

NO NOT YOU AGAIN
GO AWAY RE6 AUTIST

GO AWAY

what

Capcom will soon put you and your creed back to trashcan where you belong, the FGC is the most cucked group there is, just a bunch of niggers, spics and white betas that eat every shit they are given, you faggots think you have control now, just you wait for the next EVO where SFV is the most watched fucking game where a random fag wins and then has to work at burger king just to pay his bills because you fucks have no system, no company support for the players, nothing.

Mean while there`s gooks and hues playing LoL and CS and they are able to make a living out of it without even consistently winning every tournament.

RE6 was shit and you deserve to die for liking it.

That's a lot of implications you're throwing around.

I…. i defended this game for a long time. I feel unclean.

If it wasn't for Monster Hunter, this company would finally be dead. Hurry up and die so worthwhile devs can buy the IP's.

Remember when Capcom misspelled their own name?

You're right; how do we change this shit or is it ogre?

It's a bad fighting game, what does it matter if it suddenly gets good netcode?
Which it didn't.

I left street fighter behind and found my rabbit waifu.

fuck off, you're even worse than anyone defending SFV.

Nope

Leaving aside the fact that gg is hard as balls to play and requires ridiculous amounts of practice to do anything, why is it worse?

I guess I'll just emulate them

Because they made a series called Guilty Gear XX.

It's gonna go completely free to play after EVO, just watch

Why?

So you're saying you don't get to bring friends?

Zangief is a big guy

A few reasons. Can't say how it plays though.

I started playing fighting games recently with Xrd and it's actually extremely forgiving. The combo system is very open-ended and you can link most anything with anything else provided you roughly follow the gatling chart for your character - which makes the true links and chains in the game all the more impressive. It's a lot of fun just to hit people, and I'm honestly kind of skeptical about non-anime/non-airdash fighters because of it. They just seem more restrictive.

As far as "why it's worse," I've yet to see any arguments of substance from people who dislike the games. Usually it's just vague wanking about older games they allegedly played like in or subjective stuff like in . I really try not to sound like the 17er I am, but Xrd is a lot of fun to play and the sheer variety of systems and unique character mechanics ensure that high-level play exists.

The most honest criticism I can think of is danger time, but even that's fine given it only happens a fraction of a fraction of the time.

I actually found Street Fighter a lot easier to learn. When ever I tried to play Xrd it felt way to daunting and there's not any good guides I found that are easy to follow. At least it's not UMvC3, even though it just came out on pc, there's no guides to play the game and every time I join a game its always some veteran with 200+ wins or something. I have 1 win/36 losses fucking kill me

Why wouldn't you just follow the tutorial in the game itself? It's one of the more expansive tutorials in fighting games right now. Embed related is another place to get general guides.

A 6-year-old game ported to the PC recently without any major balance overhauls to shake things up inbetween will play like that, yeah.

Leaving aside the wonderful ingame tutorial (which is both thorough and easy to follow), this video series is what got me to bite the bullet and buy Revelator and an arcade stick. There's also the Guilty Gear Crash Course, which has a large number of short, digestible videos. You can always ask the fighting game thread, too; I get plenty of advice from them.

Xrd is daunting mathematically since there are four or five ways to block and a million ways to die, but I've played against real people for a grand total of four hours and I love it.

That shit's way too much for me. I don't know if I'll ever like playing a game where you pick more than one character.

You got it wrong.

The sad thing is I did the tutorial and watched that video, even though it was a while ago before Xrd Rev came out I remember watching that, it was stuff that I mostly knew already. When Rev 2 comes out I might get back into gg but for now I plan to get better at Marvel and try to play KOF14 online, even though I have the same problem with Marvel but I'm a little more competent. I might watch s video.

Also I never tried to play online because with most fighters finding people to play with is the hardest part (especially for niche fighters like KoF and GG).

I also tried to get advice from the FGG but I didn't get any response.

There's an Holla Forums Steam group which has events every weekend. Don't be discouraged: I was questioning my life decisions trying to use a pad in this game, but it all clicked once I started using a stick, and I've never played a fighting game before. If I can do it, you can do it.

This video may be more to your tastes. It was the first step to my GG addiction.

You may have asked while the thread was consumed with shitposting, which can happen from time to time. Give it another (without sounding like a faggot, of course) and I'm sure it'll be different.
I know we aren't supposed to be this nice on image boards, but Xrd is so fucking good I want everyone to play it.

I don't play Xrd because I just can't stand the new art style. Even by anime style it's exessively colorful, weirldy distorted and is blatantly cel-shaded with tons of ugly bloom.
It does look like hand-drawn 2D only when you look 720p compressed youtube videos or play on some shitty TV from 2 meters away.
Not only that but it boggles my mind that ageless beautiful high resolution hand drawn sprites were just dumped in favor of some crazy ass technology that is even more expensive and hard to produce but ends up looking like PS3 naruto games.

I'm a casual player so I can't comment on gameplay changes and whether Xrd is better or worse than +R, and it's no question that eventually all classic characters will return, but I refuse to abandon god-tier visuals and design in favor of something mediocre and for me personally quite ugly.

Same for King Of Fighters franchise. They traded god-tier sprite art for run of the mill 3D because it's both cheaper, faster and is more appealing to wide crowds.

Who the fuck could buy their I.P's and do them justice, seriously I want an answer.

Nintendo and Sony would go nuts on a bidding war for Capcom IPs, and would probably split them down the middle.
Then again Microsoft, with their infinite money cheat and their desire to win the Japanese market that will never even consider them, would throw money down the toilet to own the IP and fuck it up in the way only they can, which is both the worst possible scenario and the most likely one.

It's like they're deliberately avoiding anything that could potentially be profitable.

user, all of those are niche and not quite causal games. Do you really think they will sell well?
Last time I checked capcom was dissatisfied with sells of pc version of DD and DMC4SE.

They won't sell like what a AAA exec would want but they don't cost much to make either meaning they can be very cost efficient. This is what Crapcom has always succeeded at, good games that don't have massive budgets.

You also heard wrong, they were extremely satisfied with DD's PC sales and were appropriately satisfied with DMC4SE. DD holds the record of being their fastest selling PC game.

Why didn't they release western version of DDO then?

For the same reason they didn't do anything else here

they're just retarded

the changes to baiken's main mechanic are pretty illustrative of this, going from guard cancels to an armor stance. everyone in the cast lost a certain amount of the anime bullshit they used to have.

his was largely necessary to make the game feel playable online, but it does remove a layer of mindgames that used to exist

i like xrd but it really is the gg equivalent of sf4, although i feel like it achieves streamlining/simplification far better than capcom did with sf4/v. xrd is still an anime game it's just less anime than it used to be

i've only started getting into mahvel recently. there is a lot of helpful information out there on the game but it's very spread around compared other games which have very centralized hubs of information
the srk wiki is a good starting point but it's down right now

quads confirm I guess

It's been down for the past few days now. Why is that?

Do people still play Xrd Sign? Should I buy Revelator now or wait for Revelator 2? And do more people play on PC or PS4 because it's 18 bucks on amazon for PS4 and 50 on PC which is way to much for me.

I think you just have retarded taste. And don't pull the "it's subjective" bullshit to handwave what you don't want to acknowledge.

Rev2 is an around 20 dollar dlc for Rev1 coming in a couple months, I think PS4 is getting a standalone version as well. You might as well get Rev if that's what you want, because there's an 8-character difference from SIGN to Rev2.

no idea
leddit has a umvc3 discord, it might be pretty cancerous but it probably has some resources for getting into the game

docs.google.com/document/d/12EUqoSmmU8QTa274pBLQCqEj_kr27WVxvNOfUMl0R-c/edit

>steamcharts.com/search/?q=xrd
either get rev and upgrade when rev2 drops or just wait for rev2 tbh. the thing about anime games is that the community jumps to the hot new thing pretty fast and lots of games basically get abandoned

i think a lot of the visual changes were made to compensate for the 3d. muh husbando is still good though

hearing artists & devs talk about old capcom leaves me with the impression that they largely succeeded in spite of it's terrible management. hopefully itsuno jumps ship soon

I've never seen Very Negative on steam reviews, holy shit.

Never forget.

Its not like theres no smart people at Capcom, its evident by RE7, porting DR1 and REmake/0 on platforms people actually own, bring back Mahvel 3 not killing their current cash cow MonHun, but they genuinely love being retarded so much its baffling like with
Its like they want to see how far they can go before imploding

THIS CAN'T BE REAL

No words, absolutely fucking none. You complain about characters yet you never even fucking touched it.

Please stop, you are so retarded it hurts.

Yes, and the community unanimously cheered because guard cancels in the past games were a complete bitch to deal with for the majority of the cast. So good on them for making them less cancerous.

NMS was at 7% at some point I think

capcom fans will pay for it so really who's fucking up here,

I still liked it, but by the gods, I've never played a game so obviously rushed out before it was really done

If only it was given its proper chance

Sega?

I have huge ass buffers in blazblue, persona, and even shit fighter 5; where is my input buffer in Guilty Gear? Did they add one in with revelator? Reversals were so hard I wouldn't be surprised to learn that required just frame.

USSR

I'll be staying in the wreckage ;_;

Let me know when you find something legitimate to whine about.

The game was supposed to be good and it isn't and won't be in the future.

Xrd has a three frame buffer.

Game probably does suck ass but it's stupid to whine about the quality of a free beta.

It's not a beta, it's an upgraded retail game.

OP isn't about the game, it's about the free beta.

Are you illiterate, this isn't a BETA beta, it's "beta" that tests the new online system, the game came out a year ago.

Aside from complaints about how matchmaking was pretty poor, how did the actual game work?
Was the lag reduced?

Okay, let me rephrase.
The OP is about the beta that tests the new online system.

The beta was supposed to be an improvement over the previous online system, which was pretty bad already, and ended up being even worse. Consider this a beta update if you will, one that works really bad and can't fix the problems the game's had ever since its inception.
The complaints are not only legitimate but should even theoretically help Capcom since it tells them that their fix doesn't work.

I feel you but it's really only justified to whine about it if they take it out of beta and it's still shit.

Wow, you're right. This will totally work.

One thing sadder than capcon is sfags.

Isn't Kolin still unplayable with nearly every move being shitty like Alex? I still don't understand why would you nerf Fang and Alex even more with the next update, and only buff the guys that are already top-tier.

For anyone wondering what's been happening since Season 2:

Capcom has way more crimes than fucking up balance in a single game

oh and also

thank you capcom. your previous shit alerted me against your current shit

Fuck I forgot all about DD.
Didn't they say if it sold well enough on PC, which I believe it did, they were going to consider making the sequel ?

I could really use more pawn pimping in my life. Plus the DD threads here were fun as fuck.

does liking Felicia or Makoto from BB make me a furry?

yes

You like kemono. Western furry is awful, Japaneses kemono is less cancerous because it doesn't bleed into the 3d world unless it comiket time.
Also muscle felicia is best felicia.

it's on sale for 15 bucks and i'm considering buying it. i already pirated it and beat it last year, but i'd really like to be able to actually use your guys' perfect loli pawn waifus

Maybe they will make a Monster Hunter on the Switch.

She lost her musculature because there hasn't been a dark-stalkers game in decades user. Hard to stay fit when you sit at home all the time.

How do you have netcode issues in a game with only two players, and two entities?

The only difference is man-shoulders on the upper images. I like newer designs better.

You don't like muscular shoulders and abs on your women? What are you, gay?

That aside, I also can't really stand what they did to her personality over the years. Her depiction in the Darkstalkers comic by Udon is fucking fantastic. With catgirls only recently being classified as 'darkstalkers' and her being an optimist that the various species can live together in peace. She has a very interesting balance of maturity and optimism that's pretty rare.

Pretty much all her recent Capcom renditions just have her as a Bubbly Ditz, which I seriously can't stand.

Are they part of the JUSTice League, Holla Forums?

Do it faggot, they actually learned with Resident Evil.

Did they unfuck Mika yet or can I still not wallbounce mid screen?

She was always

Sorry she isn't a stronk womyn for you cuck boy.

uu

CHRIIIIIIIIS

I want to fuck felicia, but those large hands are scaring me a bit.

Found the newfag. RE6 was like a campaign of mercenaries, but you probably never played that because muh immershun.

Enjoy your shitty walkingsim reboot.

Felicia was never smart, but it was supposed to be more of a "I accidentally smashed a hole in the wall while chasing a mouse" as opposed to just playing with a ball of yarn and ending up in a bondage pose.

Her hands and feet are supposed to be oversized as she's supposed to be proportioned to an actual big cat that is human sized, which have huge paws to hold the huge claws, but she also has lots of fluffy fur around here hands and feet which makes them look even bigger.

Well so long as she doesn't have an adams apple it should be fine.

I was an Alex main.

I've gotten back into 3rd strike thanks to season 2.

At this point, i suspect widescale corporate sabitage across the world

Yep. Intentional sabotage.

Remind anyone of what the CIA did to Art?

FUCK

It is indeed real. Capcom's shilling their game in the anime adaptation of another and possibly much better game

but it's just a beta

I heard the MvC3 port is pretty shit too.