/fg/ - Foxhole General

Top-down shooter where the goal is to push against the enemy towns, and the gimmick is the slow-paced combat, huge server size (60v60) and the fact you have to build everything from guns to ammo to fortifications.

It's comparable to Ace of Spades in general "feel", although games are much longer. It's currently on Open Alpha but the game already has every base system working, and it's not lackluster on features.

Currently:

It's a fun autism shooter that satisfies my desire for army play without having to download old versions of AoS or waste my life on Arma.

For now, download here store.steampowered.com/app/505460/
Yeah, it's Steam.
foxholegame.com/
use at your own risk discordapp.com/invite/S8mb6DS
Remember whatever's here goes to Tencent datamining, so careful.
There's some tutorials on the Discord channel.
There's a channel for each team on each server on the Discord channel.
Because nobody hosts old Ace of Spades anymore, SlavAnon is ded.

Tutorial pic.

Fox Holes?~

Looks pretty neat, I'll try it later.

Seems fun, I like these kinds of games. I loved playing Running with Rifles, which this game reminds me of I'll have to check it out.

You joke but a good part of the community is trying to convince the devs to change the name to avoid getting swarmed by misguided furfags on release.

Considering people on Discord have cancelled updates before (it was a crap new feature) it's quite possible.

I'd like to swarm your foxhole ~♥

This game is often reffered to as "Running with Rifles done right", which is a fair assessment. It's a slower paced, human vs human game with better graphics, really, and without those Jagex-like problems RWR gets sometimes.

I can get behind it if they fixed the problems and repetitiveness of the battles that was happening with RWR, i'm downloading the demo to try it out, can't complain when the specs are low and i can run it on a toaster.

l-lewd

*regenerates*
*unsheathes katana*

Bring it on.

uwu what's this?

God I fucking hate furfags.

I think the only problem with Foxhole as is, is that mining for resources is a boring job and someone's gotta do it. If you use the Discord you can usually do a route where you get in a truck, mine the scrap en masse and get it done fast, but for non-weekly wars it's sometimes not an option.

The low-specs probably aid the Netcode. Somehow in a full 60v60 server on fucking BRland I don't lag.

out

Which feature was this?

I'm not sure how I feel about that mining, reading that tutorial pic. I understand the concept, more resources for your gear, but couldn't they just be given a set amount, or have to take over outposts/ areas/ buildings that produce materials?
Although 60v60 sounds fun, that's why i liked RWR the large scale battles that could happen, shame the population of that game is really small these days.

Factories.

As is, producing things like guns, ammo and tools is done by mining scrap, refining that and going to a workshop or armory and queuing production of the items needed in stacks. This is designed so that supply teams can do the brunt work and resupply the frontline, but often this caused people to just pool around these structures to get shit, often getting whole stacks of rifles just to get one, and destroying the coherence of supply ops.

The "fix" was factories. They worked via bringing the supplies and then telling it to build a certain object, and it'd continue building that forever, and you could reclaim it using that factory's reclaim ticket. This was their "fix", basically allowing people to have a structure only make certain items so that production was constant and using tickets to prevent stealing, but everyone quickly realized this meant groups of players could monopolize these structures and not care about anyone else's needs, or worse, griefers could go, set a factory to produce a bajillion shotguns without ammo and run off giggling. It was a stupid system and we basically whined before it got implemented.

Now they're planning their reintroduction based on feedback, and they look better. You still have "ownership", but instead you tell factories to produce a set amount, pay a price and then only the owner can reclaim it. You can produce up to three item types, so you can build weapons, ammo and supplies in one go, and the speed is fast enough not to have it slog down lines.

It's not great, but I've played versions of the game with systems like you suggest and they quickly broke down into structure rushfests or resource hoarding. As said, mining is usually boring, but what you do is organize large groups and do it in one go and get it done quickly as a supply team.

It's also large in return gains - 100 scrap make some off 70 metal, that's enough to build like 10 packed rifles plus a good amount of ammo stacks. Since you can store those, it's not like it takes too long for stuff to get going.

But that's what I'm saying all along. I'd like to mine your foxhole, precision drilling and all.

How long will it be free for, I might download steam just to play this

Honestly the devs still call it open Alpha with Beta "far away", because they have a list of features the size of a schoolbus. Under the current pace of updates, I say at the minimum it'll be free until Q4 2017, probably till mid 2018 tho.

I'm not exactly shilling for it, and I remind you of Tencent datamining in the goddamn OP. It's just currently the best way to talk to other players in-game (in the official voice servers) without joining clan autism, and most of those *also* use Discord.

As said, it's an ok service to use if you remember not to type in or say anything you don't want China to know.

Looks cool, which server do we play on though?

This. I can already guess which faction.

I played Colonials because Wardens have gross green helmet on blue coat uniforms, but the teams are getting their proper uniforms soon. There's a running joke Wardens are Axis because of the Colonial Star but they're both provisory symbols.

No servers show up for me though

It's pretty fucked up how they're trying to make furry impure and 3dpd like that

does not compute

y-you 3dpd people do things weirdly ;w;

I'll give it a try, also.

What do you mean by this?

Whilst they've said release is "far far away", it's presumed you'll have to buy the game once it is actually finished. I hope so, at least, because it doesn't fit any F2P model (cosmetic jewry would ruin it)

eat shit and die

Can you make customized symbols, team colors or possibly uniforms? I want to go into battle but instead of the usual Axis joke it should be something else, like CommieNazis or a Holla Forums specific authoritarian group like the Purple Penguins.

just tried it, the game was pretty comfy. I spent around 4-5 hours mining scraps for the team because autism.

When did that happen? Did eh drink his liver off?

Nice, had no idea what I was doing at first.

no linux no play

so what serb/side