Fighters Thread - Dead SEGA Fighting Edition

Producer Michael Latham wants to know if people want a new game.
don't use link shorteners/rb9XVi

Vanessa trailer was released: youtube.com/watch?v=6roRcCYF2ks

4 New Characters teased for the game(Whip, Yamazaki, Vanessa and one more). 2 new free stages and 5 new costumes were also announced. Whip will cost U$5.99 and will be released on April, 5th.

Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. KOFXIII, 98UMFE and 2002UM on Steam are all based on their arcade versions

The game will be released on 05/16/2017. Black Adam confirmed during the third story trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=SdXprUIPHHM

Microtransaction model confirmed to only affects colors and fast unlock stuff that can be normally unlocked by playing the game.

Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.

Shin Hisako confirmed as a new character for the game: youtube.com/watch?v=YQ0Hzu1GvQo

She's available now.

New DLC update announced for arcade, console and PC. The console version will be released in Japan on May 25th, May 26th in North America.

There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.

Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Costumes and modes were confirmed as DLC too.

The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character.

New Season 2 balance patch detailed: capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2017/03/15/street-fighter-v-season-2-balance-update

The update will be released at the end of April.

Open beta for the PC version of the new CFN system will be available from March, 28th to April, 3rd: capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/03/23/a-new-cfn-is-coming-your-way

New colab with Arc System Works released. Costumes from Guilty Gear and Blazblue for the DOA girls: youtube.com/watch?v=OI0835VrkrQ

During a Chinese E-Sports Twitch stream, a new character named Wagui was revealed and the title of the game changed to Yatagarasu (in Chinese): Enter the Eastward.: clips.twitch.tv/vjgamerhk/FaithfulGrouseItsBoshytime

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.

EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.

The brazilian fighting game project, TRAF: Trajes Fatais also has a crowdfunding campaing: trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:

wiki.shoryuken.com/

dustloop.com/wiki/

wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):

youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:

sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/593880/
virtuafighter.com/threads/vf4-final-tuned-online-demul-0-57.20172/
archive.is/YuS7t
twitch.tv/videos/131274004
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/29/fan-favorite-rock-howard-joins-king-of-fighters-xiv/
twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/846736821610536960
facebook.com/co.arika/posts/1334036619965033
twitter.com/arika_co_jp
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-31-mad-catz-enters-bankruptcy
game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/aprilfool/2017
trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/
shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/
arcsystemworks.jp/4fool2017/
artstation.com/artwork/aRQzJ
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155190255514222&set=pb.813529221.-2207520000.1490994395.&type=3&theater
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1493823713993063&set=pb.100000963465908.-2207520000.1490994399.&type=3&theater
facebook.com/daniloathaydeart/photos/a.642171739244281.1073741828.642161489245306/642171762577612/?type=3&theater
artstation.com/artwork/lz9bJ
artstation.com/artwork/XOQel
youtube.com/channel/UC80oMRBhPk7ObCRZyRUw_-w/videos
news.denfaminicogamer.jp/news/arika_aprilfools2017
twitter.com/kazunoko0215/status/848011856715198464
twitter.com/lupinko/status/848024455519522816
twitter.com/AlexDai_DK/status/849305684319637504
twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/849499795207139331
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.00_en.pdf
pastebin.com/jK1PEHTy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vanessa is best KoF girl.

Rumble Roses 3 when?

I voted in that Eternal Champions poll yesterday. I would say we're on the right track if we want to encourage them to go to the next phase.

Btw, let's see if the URL can be more visible this way:

https:// www.poll-maker.com/poll1000544x9573447e-42

It is very hard to gro wrong with redheads in fightans.

user…
CURRENT YEAR KONAMI

Well, I would like to see this series revisited, and also Weaponlord!

I'm excited because I landed a composer who's really talented and probaby one of my favorites of recent years. GigaMaidens is gonna have an amazing soundtrack.

Also the full version of Rivals of Aether dropped today, it's a really fun Smash style fighting game with great graphics and music. Check it out if you have a chance.

Did you guys get the news? you can right now play SFV for free on steam. I guess this is a good way to give this game a try.

Wait a sec, why the hell does it say SFV new cfn beta? How is that game still in beta?

I'm not familiar with Skullgirls but I'm a fan of that qt with the covered eye and cross necklace

I'll ask again since I never got a response in the last thread; What's the best Bloody Roar game to jump into the series with?

Nice trips tho

2nd pic, its capcom going full panic mode saying "we're fixing it! Please don't leave".
It's gonna go full free to play after evo if sales don't pick up

dumping the shit for the mains template.

That is nice to know, I hope they will suffer hard for this mess. It's probably going to suck, but I still want to give it a try just so I can say that I tested it if I get asked.

You see, Holla Forums changed it's opinion on SFV hard. There were dozens of SFV fans back then when it was released. I said that the game in it's current form is not even worth pirating and anons told me that I will be sorry in 2 years when I buy it because everybody is going to be pro at the game and I will suck at it.

But then around the time they released Guile everything slowed down. SFV fans realized that they game will not turn good anytime soon and stopped posting.

Nice news GigaDev. Good music is one of the pillars of a good game. Hope the guy lives to your expectations.
I think there is also a 3D game with the same theme of Rivals of Aether in development, Brawlout, and there is also Brawhalla. Seems like indies are starting to fill the Smash gap for consoles and PC.
And about your game, the movement will be like 3D fighters, 2D fighters or arena fighters?

posting and change-log
Peach is now my main with Bowser being a secondary, Bayonetta returns as a secondary.

I played the early access it's fun, I'd recommend it, if you're into smash at all that is.

Post more brown

I'm really glad I don't give a fuck about Street Fighter save for 2 games, I probably would have blindly bought SFV if I actually fully enjoyed the series.

All that talk of game development manager n the last thread at the end was pretty cool.
How many user's have their own ideas for a fighter, regardless if you want to work on it or not?

2 or Primal Fury/Extreme.

Don't jump into 4, it changed the health system and other things. For example on 4 at least one of the players will transform into beast mode not matter what, as opposed to before where it was possible for people to just ignore the existence of beast mode. But I'd say it still worth trying out after you've played the first few games because of the new characters they added.

Are you ready for Vanessa?

There is very few fan arts or artwork from Grace, sadly.

By the way, I'm sad no one corrected me: There are some other missing games from SEGA!

Thanks friend.

More excited for Yamazaki

I can't wait for them to add yet another shitty npc from story to the roster.

I want to learn Jam in Guilty Gear XX #Reload. Is there anything that can help me learn the character? How important is mastering Jam's parries?

Yes

FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBL==FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
RSHOT==
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT

store.steampowered.com/app/593880/
BRAVO CAPCOM

wew

KEK
Expect Crapcom to make more shilling in anime

I'm telling you guys, if sales don't change it's gonna go free to play sometime after EVO.
This shit is the full desperation mode sign.

Yeah, towards the fucking morgue.
Capcom execs should wisen up and get a different team of fight dev veterans to fix the mess if they don't want to continue operating a terrible game at a loss. They put all those devs into MvC:I though, in all their ultimate wisdom.

I'd learn modding just so I can make it a good game but I don't have the time for that.

Oh yeah Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena is 50% off on steam if anyone else was waiting for a sale
It's a pretty good game, but the only is almost dead unless the dev/publisher is hosting a community event.

WEW

I've only played it for one day, but I sincerely think Abyss Mode is a better Multi-Man Smash than Sakurai ever came up with. How the FUCK am I having this much fun?

You can't make this shit up

"works on my machine!"

If Harada doesn't add one of Soul Calibur's characters as a guest character I'm going to sperg out tbh. I'm expecting a Soul Calibur guest character and a new Soul Calibur announcement at the same time

just a retard

Anyone getting this Jam figure?

No, but I'm getting these so I can make them fight my Virtua Fighter figmas

It's a 3D game, I've talked about this. I don't think it would work well as a 2D game because it would restrict movement and wouldn't let you destroy all the buildings.

I'm really excited for this composer, he's working on a somewhat big upcoming game and I'm glad I managed to land him before he got too busy and pricey. Chances are after this game comes out he won't be quite so "indie" anymore.

Yes, I'm aware of Brawlhalla and Brawlout, and there's even another one being made by Wavedash games that doesn't have a name but is titled by fans as "Project Wavedash". Of course, they all look and sound like total shit and Rivals seems to be the only good one of the lot.

Who else #JuuNenHayainDaYo here?

virtuafighter.com/threads/vf4-final-tuned-online-demul-0-57.20172/
I found this a while ago, you can try it if you want

I miss fighting vipers.

Probably a dumb question, but are there any good fightan games for smartphones?

I really expected divekick to be on the AppStore. Surprised to see it not there.

I played the first SFV beta a year ago just fine…

How the fuck do you even expect fightans on dumbphones to work? If you really want to punish yourself this much, as far as I know PPSSPP has a version for smartphones so you can pull your hair out trying to play Tekken 5: DR and whatever Guilty Gear there is on the PSP (I think Accent Core)

Fighting games on a smartphone could work with something simplified where the essence is there but the control complexity is distilled. A fighting game isn't defined by complex controls.

Something fun and simple has been proven possible with stuff like divekick and Lethal league. It just requires creativity to get it working for a smartphone.

Even Capcom fucked up on this front.

I hope these people burn.

Oh so here's the thread.

Archive of the last thread: archive.is/YuS7t [quote]We had pretty interesting discussions with the Gigadev for a change[/quote]

There are stage interactions in Injustice/MKXL and breakable ring out borders in Real Bout but if you want to go 3D sure, go ahead.
I just think the characters are too big for the buildings matter unless you go all Sakurai with a tripping mechanic please don't. So the giant stuff looks more of a visual and style and have less gameplay implications.
Maybe I'm biased because of kaiju/sentai stuff I watched as a kid but having the characters fall on exploding buildings than simply stepping on them sounds more fun to me.

I keep telling myself that someday I'll do the big one.

And looks like we'll have Rock Howard later today

I've lost all my hype. 3 good characters out of 4 is still good, right?

Well, earlier than expected

(checked)
75% should be a passing grade.

HOLY SHIT NIGGER, ROCK HOWARD CONFIRMED!

I did an aerial hit confirm into super for the first time yesterday. Felt so good.

Anybody have the pictures of the SFV Cammy figurine with horrific gaps in her flesh around the joints?

I don't know anything about King of Fighters. Why is Rock Howard a disappointment?

MKXL's stage interactables and real bout's breakable borders are a far cry from having a fully destructible city. It is true that from a game play perspective the smaller buildings don't really do much (unless they walk into factories or refineries that explode) but this happens in King of the Monsters as well, and there are still larger vuilsibgs to interact with. The theme allows us to do certain things that wouldn't be doable in any other context. I intend to play around with it a lot.

Why wait when people already knew?

Good work with the archive.

Yeah, the one from wavedash is the one with Greenskin Zarya. Almost no gameplay yet.
And fantastic news about the composer. I wonder what kind of feel you want to give the game.
But About the destroy all the buildings, Giga Dev, looking at the pictues you post, and on your deviant page, that one with Mama Pera and Sachi, have you tried that size? You know, in EDF 4.1, the big enemies can just walk over through the buildings like they were nothing. And if your girls are around 500 meters, that's almost the size of the new One World Trade Center, you could be the scenario more meaningful, and would be able to really give the game that Kaiju feel. I'm not telling you to change anything, but, maybe, you could try just to see how it would feel.

i dont understand why some people hate Rock
You should already know that we are never getting,Xiafei,Mary, Kazumi or (post your waifu name here) but im buying this game for whip, in UM i felt like Nu 13,[spoiler if you jump i will rape you.[/spoiler] i only hope her playstyle feels the same.

Oh, here's the Twitch archive for the GGXrd Rev2 demonstration stream by ArcSys, in case anyone didn't see it the first time; the only reason I know it happened at all was luck. Answer and Baiken look cool, Answer in particular. He has a lot of similarities to Chipp, but with more of a screen control positioning gimmick.

twitch.tv/videos/131274004

I wonder if there would be someone here willing to give some fanart love to this lady.

That's good to know.

Basically the other 3 announced before were lovable KOF characters. Rock is not a KOF character and there are more popular characters left out of XIV.

By the way,
I smell Mr.Karate/NESTSKyo/FlameIori from this batch.

Whip probably doesn't have her OTG gun and her D-grab is not the judo thing anymore that setup for an OTG but from videos, yeah, mostly the same but with more combos.

Forgot the link: blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/29/fan-favorite-rock-howard-joins-king-of-fighters-xiv/

It's not bad, but it's not what I expected either.

One character away from reviving the 97' team. Mary never fucking ever.

Looks awesome

Do you Rock to have his way with your boypussi all night long?

Probably just Yamazaki and Rock since those two have the most impressive movesets out of the DLC but it's not like the game doesn't already have its fair share of disgustingly good high tiers.
But hey, at least it's different characters.

Remember for everyone to bug them to do a bundle for the characters

I was one character away being able to make my XI team again. Never thought Tung would come back, so I got my hopes up for Shingo to complete the team.

Fuck this gay Earth.

Honestly out all the girls not in the game I rather get Chizuru, Kasumi or Hinako back before Blue Mary

This.

I'm indifferent to either but Shingo didn't get obnoxious e-celeb shilling so I'd find him more tolerable.

Rock pls

Forget Blue Mary, when are the real Garou characters coming back?

Yes, when? :^)

why

Hotaru Literally Climax when?

Will Duck King ever return?

UNIELst soon r-right?

ST NEVER EVER

OK Holla Forums, help me out on this.
Listen to the intro of this song. It's a classic from Bossa Nova, and you will find many versions, but the intro is there, and after this…

Listen tho this theme. They are too similar. But, TBH it's very common for composers to based themes in other songs. And Capcom always did this.

What's your guy's opinions on Core-A Gaming?

I really like his videos. I wish he did more.

10/10 videos. I appreciate that he acknowledges Melee without sperging out about it. Wish he didn't focus on SFV so much.

epin, simply epin

This. Though he does talk about SFV without going full Capcom dick-rider which is refreshing.

The scale's been decided and I don't really think we can do much about this. It was decided a long time ago that most of the buildings do not serve as obstacles and that the combat wouldn't necessarily be slow and ponderous like in the Godzilla games.

The purpose is to make the fights very gratuitous and to play around with the theme, such as giving the girls attacks that look like they're causing the end of the world.

It's a fun thing we're aiming for.

She's a milf, not an old lady.

Yeah, You know, if the girls were a bit bigger than the bots in Tech Romancer, would be the best IMO I can't believe people didn't mod EDF yet, it would be interesting to use some Source Models there. But I do wish it will be great. But seriously GigaDev, get that demo ready as soon as possible, you guys need to star spreading the word about the project more.

Stuff from Injustice 2.

Basically, it's a pretty pointless addition considering that it's not even too different to what he was in his source game and shares the moveset with three characters that are already in the game. Not to mention there were other beloved characters from KOF that people wanted more, and the fact that he's not even the most interesting character from his own game.
At least Shingo as a Kyo clone has several differences considering the fact that Kyo changes his moveset every two games or so.

N I G G E R G E N R E
I
G
G
E
R
G
E
N
R
E

OHHH BABY……………
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Read the thread, Max.

I did always love Injustice's banter.

I like that there's still character specific banter.

While the animations never change, Nether do a nice work with that part. Even MKX had plenty, including the DLC characters.

this is pretty much exactly how I feel about sf5

How important are parries in #Reload? I want to learn Jam.

By the way, the Mane6 team (Them's Fighting Herds) had another stream the other day. This is what they have so far in terms of gameplay; you can watch the other videos on their channel for behind-the-scenes footage of stage creation and balancing.

Also, I didn't realize this until now, but one of their playtesters (devs? doubtful but possible) is SonicFox, the Mortal Kombat EVO champ. I thought the intersection of autism was pretty funny.

The game is shaping in a very good way. I think people will not want to touch it, but with might help.

Well, good luck then. But I think it'll be difficult to pass that impression without the "cinematic feel" for the players like Xrd did with Dizzy.

Thanks. These threads sometimes have good stuff so I try to link them with the previous one.

Hit or miss I guess. Besides the focus on SFV, sometimes they bring good points like the fun and psychological factor in this genre but some others like the one about "why fighting games are hard" or the discussion about graphics I strongly disagree. Also that one talking about the reason moves/characters are overpowered is just a framedata introduction instead of dwelling into gamedesign decisions.
Lightyears better than extracredits though

I don't know if a laugh or cry.

I forgot this game even existed.

Sonicfox is also a topplayer in Skullgirls which Mane6 bought the rights to use LabZero's engine so maybe there are some kind of close relationship between the devs/playerbase?

Are fighting games mature yet?

When they have the two characters who are the most finished out the game really does look very nice. It's never going to be a smash hit but hopefully it can keep a player base.

It's a shame I'm not a fan of netherrealm or the edgy washed out DC films look because seeing this stuff reminds me that I really would like a DC fighting game. The campy, fun stuff just doesn't mesh with the movie universe style that Warner Brothers is pushing.

do you guys think garou is a good game to recommend to sffags who don't like sfv but don't want to get into kof or anime games?

outside of being able to parry projectiles in neutral so you don't get completely zoned out, you probably don't need them that much for a basic jam. her parry in particular is pretty awkward

this looks really impressive for a project thrown together by a couple of autists i'd play it

Remidner that the faggot behind Gigamaidens is a butt-hurt, creepy goon from Something Awful named Cabbagepots.

And you're obsessed with him, which makes you somehow even sadder.

Ok

Wow, so cool and smart.
Unlike YandereDev it's actually just neat someone is trying to make something not for the sake of attention and we will berate if the game looks like ass for real.

Nice try Cabbagepots. You're still a faggot

He is doing it for attention though when he got all butt-hurt and jealous over Mike Z and some shit.

Yeah, I guess. The game is more similar to 3rdStrike than other iterations. The cancel system will fuck people up more than JustDefense/TOP though. I'm trying lately Real Bout 2 but the inputs are a lot more strict than Garou or other games from this century made by SNK but Mary is so damn fun.

Yeah, it's a little weird. The story of the first game is basically a multi-part episode from the Justice League cartoon. The supes from the Injustice universe is a dictator and Wonder Woman is a cunt but the regular ones are all the old nice guys we know although their looks do not reflect that. At least this game already have stages with more "light" than the last one. But I think the thing you don't like is the lack of contrast the characters have with each other and the stages. I hope you can create the "classic" skins without microtransaction bullshit.

And why should I care?

I think he's at home here.

Quit making me laugh meng

Come on Xanadu, Antonov, Maxima and Chang buffs.

See, no, this is why you're an attention whore. I don't raise a fuss about it so long as you don't do stuff like this.

Don't forget her and best Dino. I just hope they don't bring the hammer down on Nakoruru, Athena and other fireball users again. Just nerf the damage from Leona and make Robert a little less retardad with those safe moves. Also, bring Armor Chang back.

What the hell are you talking about? I just woke up and saw the thread and saw you try and "expose" me, you think it's not normal to want to reply after that? You can't seem to grasp that no one gives a shit.

Pic is you when my "literal fetish game" comes out

I'm not , you fucking retard. Is it really that inconceivable for someone who isn't from SA to find your behaviour unappealing?

And yes, you are an attention whore. You've namefagged for two threads now on a board with IDs.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with where Sylvie and Dino are at right now. I'm got no problem using them against higher tier teams, so as long as they aren't nerfed hard I'll still keep using them

Have you tried facing a good Mian with Sylvie? She needs range for confirms and better hitboxes to her Denki Kaijin(qcf+P) would make her a KOFXIV and not a reject KOFXIII where she can't check hops or crossups. As for Dino, I just want a good grappler not named Daimon in this game.

Xanadu could use an instant grab and more consistency for combos.

Whatever. The point is you and that other idiot have posted bullshit for like three threads trying to ruin me and it's failed each time. Just give it up. I just want to talk about my game and gather feedback

Of course I use a name because I need people to see that it's me and not confuse me for some other user. It will happen.

I still remember you mocking me when I suggested Rock Howard to be added to KOF.
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

There's no confusion because IDs are a thing man.

Max

I've only fought a hand full of Mians online sadly and they're were both after sylvie got knock out as my point character.

Look at Mr.KOF and Reynald matches and tell me what would do with you Sylvie against those flying divekicks.
I think at 1h:48m you have a good match but there's plenty there.

Yeah I'm gonna need to play more Slyvie vs Mian matches now because that shit was ridiculous.
The few Mians that I've fought I just got an opening with Maxima's Guard points from lucky reads before the dive kick spam started up.
why the fuck don't more people use Miam?

also balance patch.
I'd love for Xanadu and Sylvie to get buffs, as well as other low tier characters getting there do, but with how tourneys are going at the moment I think nerfs to Leona, Kula and Robert are going to be the most prevalent thing in the patch more-so than buffs, but I'm never good at calling this things so don't take my words for it.

I recorded the audio from a bit of some Baiken training mode stream so I can jack off to her grunts and when she says Tatami.

Sorry for the fucked video, I was going to only use the audio anyway so the obs setup was very quick and last minute.

It still doesn't work.

I just finished the MKX comics and the story mode. Honestly, this has to be my least favorite batch of new characters, Jaqui is overall worse than Hsu Hao. Even though he's ugly as sin,Takeda is alright I guess. Kung Jin is alright to play, but he's still an annoying faggot in the lore. Cassie has headache inducing dialogue and isn't fun to play…

90% of the dialogue in this game makes me want to kill myself, I miss the simple cheese of MK, now it's about being super fucking edgy while making out of place jokes referencing shitty memes….

Why did they cover up the women more? What's the point? No one who plays the game cares about PC culture, all the characters look more goofy now…

Why are they killing off fan favorite characters?

NRS made a mistake with this, MKX was a failure in my eyes. The ps2 era was the pinnacle of story telling for MK, while MK3 was the gameplay peak(deception was alright too I guess) I regret torrenting this, it's just made me depressed.

Atleast Bo Rai Cho is fun to play, and Mileena is cute

Censor-chan to the rescue; covering up female flesh

Rev2 released in arcades today, there's a stream up for those interested.

Four thousand people watching on Nico, one thousand on Twitch.

Mian is not a conventional and easy character to play. Take it Angel for example. A great point with lots of guard crush setups but due to her gameplay, people just look at her supers during training mode and fanart around the web. Rock might be safe because aside from one charge move and his counter, he is pretty simple and standard. The same can't be said about Vanessa with her feint cancels and Whip with her zoning style.

I didn't like most of the kids but you know it's not that bad. But I question the reason of Jacqui existence. Jax's in the game and her design is just bland. At least Cassie was fine in the comics so I blame the game writers.

Nigga my favorite characters are Mileena and Johnny Cage along with Bi-han and I lost count of many times they died years ago.

But I agree that I like to know a story by actually playing it than watching a movie. Although I like the gameplay better now than the 3D era.

Thanks

Mileena with lips is cancer, get that shit away from me.

Not sure if this promo still working but Kof XIV SteelBook by $25.99:

twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/846736821610536960

Well, I'm interested to get the GOTY edition

Who is talking shit about the black with the gun?
I think they had a problem with the whole idea of "Jax daughter", and didn't went the full mile in the design. I think that, if they were going to give her some removable gauntlets, they could have gone full Bayonetta, with guns also on her feet. It could lead to some interesting possibilities and would also make her different enough from Jax. It seems like Nether is holding themselves to look mature, while companies like Bamco give Gouki a fucking shotgun, and that's sad when you remember this company's member created things like Babality and Frindship finishers, or a boss that stops the fight to say you suck. Oh well.

No, I haven't, you're just paranoid. I have specifically avoided talking to you because I knew you'd react like this once I pointed out your attention whoring. Look, I don't care if you want to post your game here: frankly, it's the most lively the threads have been in a while.

However, the namefagging is classic attention whoring. I was willing to excuse it before since I believed you were contributing (and I still do), but you aren't immune to criticism because you're making a fetish fighting game which actually looks moderately complete. If you act like an attention whore, I will call you one; if you dislike it, perhaps you shouldn't act like one? I don't know what your production schedule is like, but theorycrafting about concept art isn't what I'd call helpful feedback, and at this point I'm skeptical unless you can produce something playable relatively soon.

Again, I will try not to say anything because your game has sparked more positive discussion than most other things in recent months, but if you're so sensitive that a single, honest, dissenting voice is enough to piss you off then I have low expectations for anything playable you might exhibit.

Pic related, it's you.

fuck, i forgot to sage this

sorry, i shouldn't bump the thread with argumentative shitposts

I don't understand why they still need to bring more Batman characters into this game. And for a fighting game, they even manage to bring the wrong ones!

BRO stuff is really cool. The time I spent on learning this probably would have been better placed on learning something actually helpful, but I say it was still worth it.

You should practice the blockstring ones, they're the coolest as you delete their healthbar and/or tension through chip and FD.

I messed around with those a little bit as well. I feel like they'd be much harder to do in practice because of how you'd have to change it up on the fly, depending on where your opponent FDs, when they stand block or crouch block, etc. I'll mess around with it later to try to come up with a blockstring that will work regardless of that stuff. This isn't tight at all, but it looks cool.

What are some fighting game characters with RNG mechanics?

damn son

Omen in Killer Instinct has RNG fireballs with different movement patterns.

Harley in Injustice has a RNG character power, IIRC it either increases your damage or heals you a little

Come back, Tekken 7. I forgive you.

He's an average-sized guy.

Hope you like Mr Freeze. It's how this roster is planned - you get a character with a theme and the Batman character with that same theme.

We already know that Mr. Freeze, Power Girl and John Stewart will be glorified skins not new characters. But, while this game made some great decisions, like Cheetah, Doctor Fate hope he gets an Inza Costume, Swamp Thing and Black Cannary, the absurd amount of Batman stuff is probably WB Games fault. They are not in EA level of evilness, but not very far.

This is a true prize. Money is cool, but this is what shows that you are a KOF!

Good question, I will need to look more, but I think Quan Chi also have it.

capcom pls

Please capcom. Leave Rival Schools alone, if you're gonna touche it just do a HD port and that's it

Now that Rev2 is out in Japanese arcades we're starting to get some good footage, Jonio-san's been streaming and footage is starting to show up on mdesilva's channel. Here's almost an hour of Sol v Baiken

Are you all ready for another horribly mean April Fool's joke?

Haven't Hinata and Tiffany been in that stage though?
Jesus christ

Yeah, i think he was more making a note that they're actually animated fully now and fall over when a character gets knocked down. Funny how something so basic as animated background NPC's is a noteworthy addition to SFV.

Who's gigadev?

Any relation with Budda?

Hi

Hey, what vidya gaem are you making?

Oh, hi.

There is one shadow in the Season Two pic that really resembles Hinata, and I do think they add RS characters in the background for a good reason. They are desperate already, so we know they will try anything they can.

Frankly, they should make a new Fighting Layer, and try to add some of the EX characters to it. It would be nice to see a FL 2 getting more love than SFV.

Yeah, because they didn't do the same thing with Necro and Effie in the Halloween stage just to give them the shaft in S2.

You are forgetting Double Nine, that this is not a "thematic" stage. And they did the same with Alex, and he was included.

A really incredible work. This has even the cigar slot.

Fuck, I would be just happy if they just did a PC port with all the bare essentials.and threw in the rest of the non-capcom SF EX cast

I'm still mad. Arika shows that they have a fully functional game, everyone loves and then does nothing about. why?

yep

I'm not the only one who thought it, right?

They're fucking strongman poses you dumbass weeb.

Well QuadNine, I do like Mileena, but MK X wasn't her best version at all.

Who knew that Vanessa was actually Russian!

You need to work more in that music part.

Bodybuilding is not that well know to most people.

No, because I'm not brain damaged

That better be a woman!

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

I think she is user.

They probably tried to pitch a new SFEX game, but Crapcom probably already had SFIV in the making. But Arika is really retarded if they can make a new Fighting Layer and do go for it.

user, i…

She probably just juices

user, go watch some female olympic competitions.

Big nose is all she really have. And I am surprised she didn't reduced it. I mean, nowadays it's really hard to know if a woman is naturally beautiful, or if she was refurbished.
And hormones, as said.

By the way, there was a For Honor tournament in Japan. It starts at 24:16.

What the fuck does Arika even do now? Last thing I remember their name on was Tekken 3D: Prime Edition

Tetris and puyo puyo I think

It's Psychojosh.

Everyone in SF2 :^).

People have been begging for Alex forever though, and then they fucked him up.

Kedako's breaking down Baiken's frame data.

It's called GigaMaidens. I'll hopefully release the demo before the end of the year.

I'd impregnate it.

So, this was posted on Arika's facebook. facebook.com/co.arika/posts/1334036619965033

2017年4月1日
そんなんアリカ公開配信会場にて『対戦会』実施!!

※対戦会の様子を「そんなんアリカ公開配信」で配信します
 配信URLは決まり次第お伝えします

※対戦ゲームは当日公開の予定です
※アリカに馴染みの深いゲームになる予定です

※対戦会には整理券が必要です

※整理券の配布は当日秋葉原駅周辺で行います

※配布場所は当日のAM11:00に
 アリカ公式ツイッターアカウントで
 アナスンスさせていただきます
 twitter : @arika_co_jp
 twitter.com/arika_co_jp

※先着30名様となります
 13:30から10名枠
 14:30から10名枠
 15:30から10名枠の計30名様を予定してます

※整理券配布時に会場の説明を
 させていただきます

※観戦希望の方への会場のアナウンスは
 公式アカウントでPM1:00前に
 ご案内させていただきますが、
 会場が混雑している場合、
 せっかくお越し頂いても
 ご入場できない場合がございます。
 その旨、ご理解、ご容赦をお願い致します。

※対戦は、かずのこさんと一人につき1試合の予定です
 時間進行や諸事情により調整が入る場合をご容赦下さい

※かずのこさんも、自分が何を対戦するのか知りません

Google translation
April 1, 2017
"Anti-battle" is held at such an ali carrier release venue!

※ We will deliver the situation of the fighting party with "such aliaria public release"
I will tell you the delivery URL as soon as it is decided

※ Battle game is scheduled for release on the day
※ It will be a serious game familiar to Arica

※ A numbered ticket is required at the match

※ Delivery of numbered tickets goes around Akihabara station on that day

※ Distribution location is AM 11: 00 of the day
Arica official Twitter account
I will be anastasis
Twitter: @arika_co_jp
Https://twitter.com/arika_co_jp

※ First come first served 30 people
10 people from 13:30
10 people from 14:30
We are scheduled for 30 people totaling 10 people from 15:30

※ The explanation of the venue when distributing tickets
I will do it.

※ The announcer of the venue to those wishing to watch the game
Before PM 1:00 with official account
I will show you,
When the venue is crowded,
Even if you come with great pains
You may not be able to enter.
Please thank you for your understanding and pardon.

※ The match is scheduled for one game per person with Kazuko
I will forgive the case where time adjustment and various circumstances make adjustments

※ Kazuko also does not know what he will play against

Machaboo's playing Baiken

Oh fug, GG:Rev is 30% off on steam. I wonder if buying now + Rev2 as DLC later would allow me to get jewed less.

This is embarassing. A jumbled mess of stale maymays.

Dem legs but Vanessa was always more of a supermodel and somewhat skinny. Blue Mary was the /fit/ gal.

Axing the splitscreen killed the game for me. Do you have to be online to even play this tournament or have at least a LAN feature like those Uncharted games on PS3?

What kind of disappointment I have to expect?

If you want to wait, Rev2 will probably be at 25%~30% at their christmas sale. Otherwise, you know it'll be at U$40.00 at release and U$20.00 as a DLC.

That is just amazing

Speaking of Rev2, here's a 10hr stream. A guy starts playing Answer around 1:00, I think.

Oh, Cool! Another april fools.

Did eLeague make SFV watchable?

No, Laura and Mika are still in.

Yes, mainly because of thuggery and commentators. Eleague even has its own shit posting division as well which is pretty funny.

Rev2 with Rev1 is 40$ or 20$ for DLC, it'll probably be 20/40€. You'll be paying more than if you'd just wait for Rev2 release on PC for sure unless they'd give Rev2 for free to Steam players but that's really not going to happen. However, if you get it now you might have some valuable experience when Rev2 comes out so that's your choice I guess. If you are a veteran of some GG XX character that's not in, I'd wait for Rev2 for sure if I were you, most of the ones that aren't in have no real substitutes. Still, I don't get why the fuck Rev is at half this price on consoles now, it goes for 20 Eur/USD and has been so for 4+ months so what's their problem? Maybe they do so because it sells anyway, Rev2

I wonder if Rev2 base/DLC will contain deluxe edition content though. No way to say and Shini has unfortunately been removed from porting GG games so we won't ever fucking know until it's released. And where is Centralfiction? I saw it on steamdb, but no word and no update there for 2 months.

Nah, her sprites were never skinny, just the art for some really weird reason. But, to be honest, even Blue Mary is skinny in most of her artworks.

Rock combos in potato version

And here it is the rip from their facebook.

Damn the kid can do 60% with two bars. They really want to people pay for him.

Not really. She was literally a stretched and edited King sprite in '99 Evolution. They made her really stacked maybe to compensate that she's tall a little lanky.

But it's true to Blue Mary. But even her MI model was toned so I hope when she makes the transition they keep her concept. Also I would like to mix her '98UMFE/Real Bout style more than her regular KOF one.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-31-mad-catz-enters-bankruptcy

Those fucking bastards did it again

Hey I just saw it too. What do the tickets being spread around japan mean?
Why wouldn't they release a game like this when SF popularity is at an all time low and a chance for that audience to migrate to another fighting game.

To be honest, everything else they made was pretty shit. There was also that huge fuckup with Rockband4.

Are they doing this hoping for some publisher to invest in the idea and actually make the game?

Somebody just freakin' fund this already. They even use Garuda's theme, what a tease.
Oh well, maybe next year they'll show Pullum and Blair.

probably something to do with
Either no publisher or they're just enjoy making people suffer at this point.

I'd fucking throw money at a kickstarter at this point. I just want them to do something, they clearly still have the talent.

Fuck you, fAgRIKA. You're not going to fool me again.

Is it more Pachinko?

Well, I don't know about the King sprites being edit to make Vanessa, I know that in 99'Evolution she was just a stryker, like Seth.
But, I don't really care about the artwork, only sprites, mostly because so many artists did KOF works in these last year that is hard to judge. And yes, I remember Mary was a little more ripped that the other girls, but it was not that big of a difference too. Her artworks were also skinny as fuck, so, as you can see, not a good source.

This is too polished for a april first joke. I agree with , they might be really into something this time. Remember that Crapcom have been showing plenty of EX characters recently, so, maybe they and Arika finally entered in a agreement of some sorts.
Anyway, it hurts to know this might be just a joke anyways.

No one is immune to mistakes I guess.

You fool, that's how they get you.

Well, nothing lasts forever.

"F"

Where the fucks the down button

user, I am a person without hope nowadays. I don't expect anything. But they clearly worked on this a little bit too much. Compare this with that other prank. The old one was like models directly from EX3 in one scenario and a small one to be honest.
If this is just an april fools, and could very well be, this is a lot of man hours thrown away for nothing. By the way, looking at the message from facebook, I think that this will be playable in Japan?

It's a Fantasy Strike PRO Controller.

Then why is there an up button? Where's my dedicated jump button? How am I supposed to jump without a jump button in this game?! SIRLIN, HELP, WAAAAAAAAH

Seriously, I like creative twists and some simplifications on fighting games but fuck me dude, this is a little too much.

I never considered that Rock was unzipping his sleeves in his entrance

Somebody explain this meme to me.

DLC

Honestly, this looks shit. but it can be fun. who knows.

Hey Gigadev, have you seen this?
This is a freaking good demo, three characters and two stages. Try to aim at that.

Jesus. This is just an April Fools prank? It looks so amazing. This kind of gameplay is exactly what I'm aiming for.

If I do another stage and character before I release the demo then it'll take much longer, considering all the things we need to do with them. Development isn't easy…

I do understand it is no easy task, but you should consider.I mean, most fighting game demos I've seen did this. Maybe not the full moveset, but, yeah, just an idea. And about the pic, now I can see her being the "Hugo" of your game.

Hey, remember when Crapcom had quiz games? Yeah, they have one right here:
game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/aprilfool/2017
If you can read moonrunes, of course.

Hey look, they let Shinkiro out of his cage.

Is this supposed to be a reference to that one chick from DR, or are they doing this to deliberately fuck up a stellar character design.

Did they take this drawing from a work folder or an artist's porn stash?

I think a demo should have the concept of the game done in a way that the player have an idea of what's coming up. You don't need the full moveset, effects, animations. Just look of what Fantasy Strike released so far well, I hope that's incomplete/placeholder from other games animations that will be worked on later or that old demo of TrajesFatais.

By the way, 9 hours until the end of the crowdfunding: trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/

Ok, now I'm sad.

I think it's a gyaru thing.

FUG I scored 6/10, and I don't even know moonrunes, but still lost.

Still looks like shit

I WONDER WHO THIS COULD BE

WHERE'S BRIDGET, ANJI WAS 5TH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

shoryuken.com/2015/10/16/dizzy-voted-to-become-playable-in-guilty-gear-xrd-revelator/

Frankly, expected. But this can also mean they will milk Xrd for who knows how long.

arcsystemworks.jp/4fool2017/

Monster girl Arakune is too much for me…

Fuck forgot Azrael

The main problem with that is getting a new modeler. Our last modeler, who was extremely talented and made a beautiful Sachi model for us, had to leave due to his personal life getting in the way. So we're looking for a new one that won't charge us an arm and a leg and can do lovely anime-style models, but chances are that nobody is going to do it on the cheap. .So for right now we've stopped looking and we're just focusing on fleshing out the gameplay instead.

Also I'm still deciding who the next character will be after these two. Maybe Pera.

That's a nice model.

Jak 2 was awesome you pleb

Dat model. Sad about your modeler.

Pera would be a nice call. I wonder if she will be a "zoner", with that tail and projectiles and I hope that, if you are going to give her a big fire attack you can give her that tail light effect like Godzilla have.

But, about the modeler, this is really sad. The guy had talent, that's for sure. But when did he leave? Have you been in touch with him? Who knows, he might return.
But, not saying is an option, but have you contacted other modelers?
I imagine that their prices are not cheap in general, so, it would be better if they were on board with the development from the start.
There are some huelanders that could fit the bill, maybe, just trying to help here.
artstation.com/artwork/aRQzJ
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155190255514222&set=pb.813529221.-2207520000.1490994395.&type=3&theater
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1493823713993063&set=pb.100000963465908.-2207520000.1490994399.&type=3&theater
facebook.com/daniloathaydeart/photos/a.642171739244281.1073741828.642161489245306/642171762577612/?type=3&theater
artstation.com/artwork/lz9bJ

Forgot one: artstation.com/artwork/XOQel

No. SEGA does Puyo Puyo Tetris. Not Arika.

They did 3DS games during a lot of time.

If people can find fun in SFV, they can find it in anything, really.

Don't bully the hues

I've seen better 3D Leonas…

Well, he said he need a modeler, not an animator, hahaha.

Expected some military level of bullying from an experienced soldier like her.

The TE2 was a pretty nice stick.

Fuck it, I'll do it myself. Do you have the original in your browser history or something? I can't find it in mine because the title was in Chinese.

I could do it later but it's one of these here at youtube.com/channel/UC80oMRBhPk7ObCRZyRUw_-w/videos

Found it: around 6min mark

That is a nice model. But have you considered trying an profit-share approach? I read that was the way Trajes Fatais cut costs from U$100k to roughly U$20k and did a sucessful crowdfunding now. The programmers, artists, sound staff are all somewhat partners in the project. I know it might be too early to consider a crowdfunding for you but maybe you need to work on trust more and have someone who believes in the project just as you.

I think thats actually real

Well according to; news.denfaminicogamer.jp/news/arika_aprilfools2017
the demo thing is playable at their event

I'm still not believing shit until it gets an official announcement and title

Is it bad I actually kinda want more of that Arakune?

Oh shit that looks good. I hope you get someone just as talented as that.

Here's something.
twitter.com/kazunoko0215/status/848011856715198464

My heart can't take this anymore

twitter.com/lupinko/status/848024455519522816
>Ono's there
Proceed cautiously.

OK, have you noticed that, in the trailer, they have full 3D movement? EX never had that.
BUT FIGHTING LAYER DID!
Could this be, in fact, Fighting Layer 2 and not EX 4?

heh

Argh.. hate april 1st news… can't tell if it's fake news or not
Curse you, Trump!

I rather it be Fighting Layer 2, that way Capcom can't do shit unless they publish it.

we're back!

but the subject got deleted

Fucking finally

So Arika's fighting game April Fools joke was an actual real game, they're just looking for a publisher.
They revealed it on april fool's to get the awareness out, apparently arc system works was looking into it awhile back but it didn't go anywhere.

Now?

Yes, Satan. Right now.

Yes satan, now.

Finally, we're back. What fighting games did you play while Holla Forums was down? I've been trying to re-adjust my controls on keyboard because one of the keys on my numpad, which I use for movement, broke and is next to impossible to replace. Also is pic related a good fightstick if I want to start using one and I don't have much money at the moment?

KoF XIV to get ready of the 2.0 patch, fuck I hope my mains get buffs tomorrow

Good for Arika that the game is real. Now they just have to put the game in kickstarter or similar. They could easily hit half million dollars. A publisher will eventually appears later.

Tekken 3 because I was feeling nostalgic. Eventually went back to Tag2 because T7 can't come fast enough.

That shit was my JAM

holy shit I remember that game

Melty and made some progress on cooler the reactor that my PC somehow became.

c'mon step it up.

The problem is that there wasn't ENOUGH to Jaqui. She comes off as a less good jax and 90% of her good combos force you to use one of her special auto combos.

Most of the Kombat kids failed in some way.

Honestly though, earthrealm bored me, i was interested in Outworld more and was on Kotal's side.

Good, we shall continue then. We were beaten, but not Destroyed!

I made an arcade stick once. It's ugly, but works. I will improve it this year.

I agree. Maybe if the Arcana Heart developer is successful, they could follow the same path. But we could push them on twitter. KS is a scam, but, we at least know Arika is competent, and they do have a nice demo to show what they want to do.

Both were fantastic games that deserve a new chance!

Jesus SNK, at least buy Capcom dinner before bending them over the couch.

They are also adding new music with the update

Sigh. This shit working again? I had a post typed up and now I have to re-type the whole thing.

These don't look too bad. I'll keep them in mind but I'd prefer to find someone who specializes in stylized anime-style models. Part of the problem with working with people who do these photorealistic models is that they don't really know how to shake that style. I lost money hiring one of these guys to model Drarin, we kept trying and trying but he just wasn't able to make her look good, so in the end we cut ties and I ended up with an incomplete model I couldn't use anyways.

In the hiring spaces I go to, most people don't take you seriously when you promise something like revenue share. The instant you mention it most people just ignore you because to them it just means they won't be paid for a long ass time, or ever, if the project tanks.

You have the most success hiring people by just promising straight up milestone or commission pay.

I'm so jealous of that bastard.

I'll say.

I agree Double Seven, the Earthrealm characters were boring as fuck in MK X, but they did a great job with the new Outworld guys. All of them were interesting. And that's why I imagine a Jacqui that would deviate even more from Jax. Since they were giving her special weapons to wear, they could have gone a Bayonetta/C.Viper route.

I remember, it had The Senator, the Voodoo lady, Vietnam soldier, and so on. They day the boss was really cheap.

I never commissioned anything in 3D, but, I did plenty of 2D. And one thing I learned is, don't trust the artist view to replicate yours, ever. Detail as much as possible you concepts and stuff. You probably know that, but I'm just ranting here.
Nice pic you got there, she looks lovely.
And another guy to look at twitter.com/AlexDai_DK/status/849305684319637504

By the way, meow.
Seriously, I'm not going to webm a trailer.

Me and my brother played a lot of stuff because we had an extended weekend, but we mostly played TTT2, Alpha 3, Garou and DoA Last Round.

I'd rather them put out a new Fighting Vipers. I remember seeing EC advertised as a kid, along with that shitty movement sensing control ring. Never played it until later via emulation, so I don't really have any nostalgia for it. I did play Fighting Vipers on Saturn for a bit though, and I remember it being pretty decent.

quick question: which of these is better for movement on keyboard if I normally use my right hand? IJKL or OKL;?

Well, both games deserve a new chance. But we are talking about SEGA, and they don't really give a damn about anything that is not called Yakuza or Sonic. Even Valkyrie Chronicles still have a game that was never ported to the west.

Oi, GigaDev, do you have the gauntlet girl modeled too? And, have you thought about a patreon? Some devs managed to get a good amount of cash that way.
Vid related seems to also use transforming gauntlets, do you plan in something similar?

Drarin is modeled, but we kinda want to make changes to her model and don't have anyone to do it right now. Her face needs some fixing.

I don't imagine she's anything like that Blue Beetle character, sorry. And yes we're still looking at ways we can crowdfund this game.

Well, that's interesting. So, Drarin will not use her gauntlets for melee weapons? Or, different weapons, like that third Terminator gal?

It's funny, SF IV and V, considered not good games, were made by Dimps for Capcom. Dimps is a company created by former employees from Capcom and SNK, including SF creators.
Could it be possible that, since they might have a grudge with Capcom, these guys fucked up SF V on purpose? A bit like what happened between Zenimax and Human Head Studios, but inverted.

It's typically better to set up a Hitbox layout so you can have a finger on every direction at all times, I use SEF for left/down/right and V or Space for up.

You could probably use JIO for left/down/right and Space for up.

Honestly, I wouldn't say SF4 was bad. It was just extremely standard, it was more like a tutorial to the fighting genre.
Street Fighter EX2+ is the best street fighter tho

Now that you mention it, I can see it. A sort of corporate sabotage. Would make sense of why so much of SFV feels like the devs didnt give a shit and just threw whatever was close to finished together and sent it out.

Yeah, I can't say I hated SFIV. I think it's really weak in every way, and only became decent on Ultra, that was rapidly killed by SF V. But, seriously, if you look at other games from the same era, SFIV was really lacking, as you said, and it shows it wasn't that good.
I think SFEX3 deserves more love, it had Tag Team, more characters and even one to be edited. And it looked good for one of the first PS2 games.

If I remember correctly, when Takashi Nishiyama leaved Capcom for SNK, it wasn't friendly. And
you know what other game they made? SFxT. These guys are behind all the recent fuckups Capcom did recently. Interesting, eh?

No Drarin will use her gauntlets to make melee weapons, it's just that all Blue Beetle seems to do is make a blade with them. Drarin can make her gauntlets into pistons, spiked balls, sawblades and pile bunkers just to name a few things. Blue Beethe doesn't really fight the same way as her, all he does is make his gauntlet into a sword thing.

In fact, he can use it to create blades, morning stars, pulse guns and an energy cannon. But the fact is that he can also modify his costume to create scorpion tails and "legs".
Seems more limited than Drarin though.
You are giving me Mamabliss flashbacks with that pic GigaDev, hahaha!

Honestly, if it got a plus version like EX2 got that polished out all the kinks it easily could have been the best in the series. I loved all the EX games, that's why I'm really hoping Fighting EX Layer gets a publisher.

One question, how many FG had female bosses? Seems a bit uncommon outside the female only fighters.

Ever played almost any Guilty Gear game?

Nearly every Guilty Gear has a female final boss.

beat me to it.

Ariels when?

:^)

More of a monster really. I mean, it would be a bit like calling Panda a woman, no? But OK.
But, GG 2 isn't a fighting game really.
Izuka had another monster as a boss too, but, yeah, GG takes the prize.
The only annoying thing in GG is the fact that they manage to make all the female bosses most of the bosses heroes or victims, and none of them are really the mastermind behind all that's happening, That Man.

I think Blazblue also had some female bosses, right? But, just like GG, the real mastermind is not the ladies.
So, let me rephrase the question, because when I used boss, I missed the point:
Are there female bosses that are the real "villains" of their games? Like Shao Khan, Bison, Orochi? Not just some victim or lackey of the real bad guy?

I can't understand how Shortwhip Hugetitties could like this mother fucker so much!

But seriously tho there is a bunch if you include sub-bosses

should we not include the link to /fighters/ in the OP for the next few threads, at least until the board is back up?

I think Toshinden had at least two female sub bosses too.
But a consistent boss, for more than one game like the examples here , I don't remember.

Well, no one here where expecting an attack. So, yeah, maybe it will be removed later on.

One thing, do you think Capcom will release more info about MvsCI on Evo?

OK, I'm on Twitter trying to explain to one of the original composers of SFEX, Ayako Saso, that the recent demo was real and not a joke.
Why the fuck did I do that? Hahaha!

Do you agree with this?

If you do, you just agreed with an eventhubs writer.

Bundle confirmed
twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/849499795207139331

Also the patch notes are out;
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.00_en.pdf

It's the little things

Holy fuck

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Any news about the Arcade yet?

The patch is live, it's 2gb

I think only a few more location tests are scheduled. That means PC version soon.

Why does Steve Fox make those weird sounds when he's fighting? Like every time he punches he says something like "tsch"

Man, I so want She-Hulk back in MVCI. They need to make her not trash this time. Hopefully retool her moveset so it involves more swinging large objects around like giant stone pillars and taxi cabs. Would be cool if the taxi was this huge thing that she could carry and swing around for full screen punishes, or even super jump with it and chuck it as a giant projectile that ground/wall bounces

Would also like Hugo to be introduced to the series. Zangief, Alex and Haggar have had their chance. Gief has been ass in every Marvel game, and Alex is already in SF5. Hugo doesn't get enough love..

God dammit and I just finally picked a main team, now I want to shake it up

Also someone should make a new bread soon.

Well GigaDev, it was quite a surprise she even made it to MvsC3. And while I would love to see her back, I think the chances are thin.
But, since she is much more "athletic" than Hulk, I think it would work more if she had some crazy stunts that could only be possible because of her strength, like, imagine if they gave her some specials like the ones from the sports team of Rival Schools, or some charged attacks with super shield.
But, if they could add more big girls to MvsCI, I would recommend these:
Marvel:
Mekra - Super "Female" Sentinel-like
Thundra - Military Grade Shulkie+Red hair+chains

Capcom:
They don't really have big girls that I know of, but some could work well in this role.
Lavia - If she could be half the size of the Dragon's Crown Harpy, she would be huge. And could be an interesting character.
Black Widow - Female superwrestler that was almost 2m. She could fight Haggar, so, yeah, she is strong.

Shouldn't we wait for page 13?

Yeah, we'll hit 13 in an hour or two. I was mostly just saying that so the guy that normally makes the new threads can get all the new info ready for the OP

Well, I can try. But I'm not the only one who does the OP

You know, it does not look bad, but it makes me wonder, with Cold in the game, the MK guest could not be Sub-Zero.
I wonder if, this time, they will not add Mileena.

Sorry, have to go now, I did an OP if anyone want it: pastebin.com/jK1PEHTy

More like 90%

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD