Gamenight planning round two

Right faggots, we've got the next four gamenights planned out (once every two weeks), what should we fill the remaining slots with? Anyone willing to host a specific game would be welcome and would probably get priority. Have I missed anyone who already called a slot?

Other urls found in this thread:

tf2classic.com/install.php
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Installation
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Base
nicoblog.org/pc-games/shattered-horizon-usa/
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11972225/Star_Wars_Battlefront_II_(GOG)
torrentproject.se/685fd3d93b6e3a8e71357c87646722a02da3316a/Star.Wars.Battlefront.II-GOG-torrent.html
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-conversion-pack
mediafire.com/file/pzznah47785jabb/SWBF2-v1.3patch r129.exe
moddb.com/mods/battlefront-extreme-bfx/downloads/battlefront-extreme-bfx
moddb.com/mods/ultimate-battlefront-the-clone-wars
ux.getuploader.com/airride_modoki/download/132/AirrideModoki_0970.zip)
tbbcbase.net/
avpunknown.com/avp2master/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also note that we can add more slots beyond the current two, I just think it's best not to plan more than a month or two in advance.

I'd vote for Project Reality next.

What we could do is have weekly threads, but we swap between needing a host and using pre-existing dedicated servers. For example, PR has a bunch of servers ranging from full to empty, all with fine pings.

Also, maybe put a tiny symbol/dot next to games that aren't pirate friendly. Those games won't attract as many anons, unfortunately.

Posting questions for confused anons.

I can provide proper dedicated servers (for any game with Linux server files anyway) in the UK as long as I'm given a few days warning. Actually if you're one of the PR anons weren't you lot wanting to host a night anyway? I'll happily stick you in after BF2/2142 if you want but you'll need to organise a server and the OP guide.

Ah, I knew I forgot one image.

This is a good call.

bump

I'd love to host Operation Flashpoint. It's tiny, high player count,huge mission/mod variety and will run on almost anything.

You want the next available slot?

Sure. I'll set the stuff up in advance and hand it off to somebody else if I'm not free that weekend.

not really tbh

I honestly haven't played it, isn't it another FOSS arena shooter?

Right, I'll add it. Try and post any relevant information for alternative hosts on /radcorp/.

Isn't that actually every other week? Call of Duty would be next week, Xonotic in three, rFactor in five and so on.

Oops, good catch user.
I forgot to update it after we decided to go fortnightly.

Yeah, it's a sci-fi total conversion / fork of Cube 2 Sauerbraten. It's a quite a bit slower than Sauerbraten, but it's pretty simple to pick up IMO, and is fairly nice (for 2005, but that's besides the point).
embed related

I'll be 100% honest with you user: arena shooters have never been my thing. I'll happily join in with the gamenight but I'll probably get shat on by anyone with 5 minutes practice. I suspect the average user will have the same experience. The Xonotic lads seem to have prepared some tutorials to help which is good.

Haven't played this in a while, might be fun.

FUCKING YES I HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS SHIT IN TWO OR THREE YEARS

FINLAND FUCKHOUSE II WHEN?

If we can get a confirmed host of either we'll run it. If not I'll do my best to do one of them but no guarantees.

bump

Most of us over at the Xonotic thread will let newbies play amongst each other. We're generally willing to personally coach new players to be intermediate level duelists and defraggers as long as that new player is willing to visit and practice consistently.
If high skill ceiling is really a concern.

bump

Since OpF has already been accepted I'm gonna say Ace of Spades because it's been a hell of a long time since I last played it, and it's always fun to smash some green fags.

That's good to hear.

Has anyone got a link to a guide for how to host? I'd like to play it also.

This should be all there's to it

Right.
After Ace of Spades Project Reality would be good if the anons that regularly play it are up for hosting a night.

Fuck yeah down with green.

Something I forgot about OFP: There's no join in progress, meaning if you disconnect or show up late you have to wait until a mission is over to join. This isn't so bad since there's a tool to monitor and auto-join, but do you think many anons will have the patience?

I could always switch it to ArmA 1/2, but the size and complexity go up with each while toaster-friendliness goes down, and there's no comfy cold war setting. Thoughts?

How long do missions last?
If it's going to be only 10-20 minutes it's not an issue. Otherwise me might want to consider swapping.

We*

Ace of spades.

ftfy

Right, it's looking like this. We may potentially change out OFP for something else like PR or Arma 1 based on what has said.

Depends on the mission really. It's not like it's a fast-paced series though, so generally longer than that. Something like Capture the Island has base building elements and can take hours to play. Small Coop an TvT missions can be shorter.

webm related, i did one of the stock MP missions (take two bases using three tanks) in about 25 minutes, but that includes micromanaging the AI who are pretty unwieldy.

Can people who join while it's ongoing at least stay in game and spectate/shitpost? I think that would help.

no there's no Join in Progress in OFP, it's one of the major down-sides to it and is probably the main reason it never caught on for large-scale multiplayer.

Can be fun with a small autist crew though.

Perhaps if we stick mostly to shorter missions it could still work. If not maybe it will have to be replaced, anyone else got an opinion?

No it doesn't, I installed Insurgency the mod fine without one.

It's always been this way user. Are you sure you didn't have TF2 or similar installed?

Gabe lied.

Apparently TF2 does not count nowadays. Perhaps you had L4D or something.

You can see for yourself, at least with Insurgency.

You are certain you mean Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat and not Insurgency the standalone game?
I'd have to install SDK Base to check.

I have backups of the mod configs and it installed SDK base by itself it seems. Maybe it was Source SDK from some other thing like TF2C, but that didn't require a Source game either.

So it does, in fact, require SDK base?
The TF2c website seems to disagree with you on that tf2classic.com/install.php
Unless Valve changed their policy and lets you get SDK base without a source game, of course, but you definitely need SDK base.

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SDK_Installation

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Base

Well I stand corrected, they do give it away free nowadays (they never used to). Valve should probably update the pages on Steam to correct that.

I wonder if there'd be any way of us playing Shattered Horizon, one of the most criminally underrated shooters ever- likely due to it basically being benchmarking software.

Depends how easily pirated it is.
We're trying to keep toaster-friendly user.

Ah, wait a second. Is it only the SDK given away free or is the SDK Base given away free also? These are different things, one is for making mods/games and the other is the base files needed to install these mods and games.

When I say benchmarking software, I don't mean it has unnecessarily high system requirements:
-I mean that it is literally made by Futuremark while at the time being one of the main games for people to test out DX10 to its best capabilities.

If it actually runs off of those acceptably that's probably the upper-end of toaster friendly (other than DX10) so that's not too bad. How pirateable is it for playing multiplayer?

Seemingly nobody even acknowledges that the game even exists at this point- so I'm pretty sure it's easy as fuck to get away with pirating, and it has a LAN option so that even if a standard internet server doesn't work- Evolve or perhaps even GameRanger would.

Nicoblog and IGG have DLs for the game, though I haven't checked them, the filesize is also pretty damn small:
nicoblog.org/pc-games/shattered-horizon-usa/

(HEIL)

Oh cool, I bought a copy of that a while back. Pretty fun.

Well if you can do a bit of research on the options user dump all the relevant information on /radcorp/ I'll take a look. A good link to torrent the game would be a start. If we can host a dedicated server and do direct connect by IP it would be ideal.

I just tested out the nicoblog version I just posted and it works fucking perfectly.

Though it's a Steam game, it comes with a BAT launcher which gives you the option of playing offline, starting the server launcher, changing your name, and connecting directly to an IP, no manual Steam crack bullshit needed.

It's also a portable exe, no installation needed and no fucking around with ISOs.

if you've got time let me download it and we'll try it out

It's currently almost 4AM in Bongland and I need to get a few hours sleep, but tomorrow, more in the evening would be a good time.

You could just try setting up a server with bots, looking though the server settings there are quite a few things you can play around with and the bots in the game are very good, you could then just try putting the IP in the thread for anyone to test out.

Going to change the Multiplayer catalog, how are these symbols for changes?

You could try scrubbing the watermark on the toaster image.
If you're going to add any games, I suggest both Shattered Horizon and Angels Fall First.

That is what I plan on doing. That or finding a Toaster with no watermark.
Anything else that warrants catching the eye besides being toaster or pirate friendly?

Easy install and low file size are two other things mentioned during the suggestions thread.

:^)

Easy install would simply be either a simple install exe or having the whole thing be portable.

But what would dictate small file size?
I'd regard Shattered Horizon's DL being 850MBs and it being extracted being nearer 1GB as small, but others may want AoS/Cube 2 Sauerbraten-teir small.

Got any symbol ideas to associate with them? The low file size could probably be ">1GB", ">10GB", & "

WHY ISN'T KIRBY AIRRIDE MODOKI ON THE LIST

Heil'd
That would be good, games with bots seem to survive more when there is a lower playercount, and I enjoy being able to play games when there isn't anyone else playing too.

It qualifies on player number. There's 2 questions left: How easy is it to set up a server? Is it toaster friendly?

Easy as fuck, you just port forward, edit settings, and run. Some user used to host 8-ball but he died or something.
It's toaster friendly enough.

All right, I'll get on it the list. Are there any other pros & cons you can think of such as file size or bots?

Game's dead, so I doubt people will hop on and shit up the server. The only problem I can think of is it's fast as all hell. Definitely faster than default airride.

S'cool, some of the titles in the catalog have little to no activity.

can someone link a pastebin/mega for Star Wars Battlefront 2? I know that was done recently, but I missed it and wanna try it out.

How are these signs for file sizes?

It doesn't seem that dead. Being 50MB is a big plus.

They look nice. Maybe another one for 1GB as well? When I've had slow connections in the past that was usually the cutoff for 'can I play this tonight'.

Good thinking, I couldn't come up with something to work with games like Doom which don't take up a lot of space.
I changed the pirate & toaster sign & made the bot sign. Unless there's any other detail that warrants eye catching, I think that's everything.
Ideas I had

Looking at the catalog again, besides what I mentioned with DRM-Free & Requiring a service such as Gameranger or Steam, I found some other ideas for signs: Open-Source, Free, Mods, & Linux-Friendly. Besides having the wrench for mods & the penguin for Linux-Friendly, what other icons would work for Free & Open-Source?

Something like this for Free I'd say.
Open-Source I'd say the open-source logo/icon for simplicity, but I believe not everybody would be able to easily recognize it.

Use a picture of this guy, memes would fill the gaps.

With BF2, could we also have a server with the special forces expansion once we get bored with the other maps (the expansion is included in the revive download), since you get grappling hooks and zipline gun, night missions, night vision googles and gas masks. Its aimed for towards squad infantry tactics and small maps.

Last call for signs.

Good shit, maybe just paint the Free sign border green

Will this do?

Actually scratch that, I thought it'd look better if it was in line with the other signs, but it's hideous. Let's just go with the black-bordered one.

Very well. Here's the alterations of the "Maybe" & "Not-Friendly" signs for pirate & toaster. I can't think of anything else important.

Oooh are we playing angels fall first? I love that game.

I'd like to suggest CTF on UT99 or UT2004 depending on the preference of other anons.

It's already on there. i guess I missed it.

I'm awake for the next 6 hours if you'd like to try it out.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11972225/Star_Wars_Battlefront_II_(GOG)

or

torrentproject.se/685fd3d93b6e3a8e71357c87646722a02da3316a/Star.Wars.Battlefront.II-GOG-torrent.html

Also these four mods:
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-conversion-pack
(you need 2.0 and 2.2)
mediafire.com/file/pzznah47785jabb/SWBF2-v1.3patch r129.exe
moddb.com/mods/battlefront-extreme-bfx/downloads/battlefront-extreme-bfx
moddb.com/mods/ultimate-battlefront-the-clone-wars

I'm too lazy to format this properly.

Meant this for this user

Remind me when the thread for that gamenight comes up and I'll do my best to host both servers.

Why not just include a key with smaller-sized versions of the icons and what they mean? That saves any confusion. Also is that you image-editing user?

Best multiplayer game coming through.

This game is toaster friendly, pirate friendly, doesnt occupy too much space, mod support, tons of maps in vanilla and can download and add more, not to mention ITS FUCKING ALIENS VS PREDATOR. The multiplayer is fun as fuck and can get pretty wild. If you need any more specifics feel free to ask.

The most useful information is if we can host dedicated servers for it. I assume the server list is long dead but is direct connect (i.e. by IP) available?
Also what's max player count?
Is installing it as easy as pirate + run an .exe or is it harder?

Yes, im think there should be a way to host one even after gamespy's death. If im wrong, then there's always gayranger.
Again, someone mustve made a work around. I think it was called AvP2 revive or something. We might have to investigate.
Hmm, you stumped me there. Its been years since i played this online so i cant remember. I think it was a large number however maybe 32 or 64.
Just find a torrent, maybe GoG has it+the expansion. Install and run the .exe.

If you can confirm any of those details we can probably stick it into the catalog, I'm not sure if image-editing user is already updating it but I can post the details on /radcorp/ and ask him to do it later.

I already posted the cover art on /radcorp/, just not the details

Well do your best to work out the details user, more games are always better.

I've not seen any more discussion either way on OPF: should I just make a judgement call and swap it out? Another user can still run it whenever they want, of course (there's loads of free weekends since we're doing it fortnightly), it's just that I worry forcing people to wait up to 30 minutes to even get into the game is going to put people off for a jump-in and play gamenight.

Will update details for AvP2 once i get home and i remember we tried doing OPF back in the old days of /radcorp/ but we couldnt get it to work right and it was an absolute mess. I suggest switching it out.

Warms my heart it does.

Many thanks. Do it in the gamenight resources working thread.
Right, then if we've got no complaints maybe I'll stick in Shattered Horizon instead contingent on someone providing me an easy guide for anons to install it and some sort of guide for how to host a dedicated sever. Also if it doesn't have Linux server files it's probably not going to get played.
OPF could be hosted with its own threads during one of the weekends we're not planning to use, if anons want.

We're getting shit done user, it's almost like we're /tg/ or something.

I know about the first few in the lineup list, but are we voting on the others? Or just adding in what seems like a good idea?

Adding based on what seems good and who is willing to host, more or less. Voting was tried back in the /radcorp/ days, apparently, and failed horribly (there's no way to prevent one autist fucking the poll up entirely for example).
If you want to suggest swapping one of the games then go for it, I'd change out either BF2 or Shattered Horizon since many anons already like AoS.

That is anything after the first three is open to suggestion and change. We'll also run more games after June, of course, but I didn't want to plan more than a few months ahead.

unsaged

bump

I was thinking maybe we could switch one of those out for avp or something. We can talk more about it when we get closer to the date.

this

I've made an infograph for DLing and playing Shattered Horizon.

Sure, I'll make a thread like this after every night to talk about future plans and other relevant shit. During the next one I'll ask which game anons have the least interest in and we can swap it for AvP. If I forget during that thread remind me or ask yourself.

All I saw was this infograph so excuse me if reading the thread would answer the following:
Will we be playing some SH together? I played that game once when it had a free weekend and loved it. I never bought it though since I heard it was dead.

Probably since there seems to be some degree of interest. It's certainly already got a slot.
I'd want to double check that hosting and playing are both pirate-friendly before we commit but I should be able to do that over the following week (unless other anons can test that for me). Also have we confirmed the max player count (I assume 16, 32 or 64)?

Fuck yeah I'm in. 2nd best CoD behind CoD2

UO has better maps and has vehicles, UO wins. 2 might have the better SP campaign though.

Debatable.
That's right I forgot about that. Good lord how the mighty have fallen.

CoD 2 goes with the murder-box philosophy of map design with no defined frontlines. UO maps like Foy shit all over that. Also UO has Base Assault, a top-tier mode.
I think WaW re-added only tanks but the maps were so fucking tiny it didn't matter.

The closest to UO was Call of Duty 3. Actually had classes and shit too.

I never played 3, it was a console exclusive and all.

3 was the closest CoD came to competing with Battlefield.

Way ahead of that.

Well if you launch a test server now, we could try it out.
I'm pretty sure the max player count is 32.

Oh yeah, how could I forget?!
Signs for maximum number of players!
I've decided on my catalog revamp that the filesizes & player signs will be more bigger than the other signs such as whether or not it's pirate or toaster-friendly. But I'm gonna need ideas for this. How does this sound?

Sounds good to me.

Good good.

I can't host one for the next few hours I'm afraid, playing SWAT 4 with people.

This sounds good to me also.

Fair enough, though whenever you are able, try it out- even if it's simply a server with just bots in it and the IP in this thread.

we've been trying to get people here to play age of empires 2 for a while now, best we got was 3 people at once
i don't think anyone here is too much of a tryhard, so we could try that

Player signs.

Could you add the original Dawn of War, maybe with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod?

Questions before adding it.

I think base game has around 8 max, mods might make more.

Pretty sure you can make a dedicated server.

Pirate-friendly maybe, toaster-friendly yes.

All for it.

Doom, the real not not the shit one.

Made cover for Kirby Airride Modoki. Also need details for the following games in the catalog regarding playercount, dedicated servers, and pirate-friendly + toaster-friendly

Hmm…if you know of any mod that increases the count to 16, then it's good. As it stands, I'm a bit hesitant.

Its on the list but not on the rotation. Once we get faggots together again we can make a final decision.

Right, I will host Flashpoint (or Arma 1/2/3 for that matter) in a separate thread at some point for anyone who is interested. Also happy to run a JO server again whenever.

Right now I've got Shattered Horizon up at 104.254.90.235:10930

and Air Rid Modoki at 104.254.90.235:51187
(0.97 - ux.getuploader.com/airride_modoki/download/132/AirrideModoki_0970.zip)

We stick to 16 players minimum, 32 preferred I'm afraid. Other anons are free to run smaller player counts.

All of those should be toaster and pirate friendly, not sure about the rest.

Anyone else pirated it and want to try and connect yet?

I just tried and got "Could not connect to the server", though it may be due to me not having let the game through my firewall before.

What are your serb settings?

hang on, testing something

if none of you fags have any ideas for doom mods to play, a good suggestion would be stronghold: on the edge of chaos
it's a mod that consists of defending military installations from demonic invasion, where most levels have 10 waves, and each wave gives you a pile of ammo, health, and armor, and some waves give new guns and powerups
it also has a hub level where you can buy items with money earned by killing demons
also there was a patch that was made for it to make it better in multiplayer, as in demons and items spawned scale with the number of players
also the monster count will easily reach the 1000s, and with enough players, the 10000s

try now

lets get the deus ex multiplayer up and running again

Nope, same shit- is the IP correct?
If this doesn't work- perhaps we could experiment with an Evolve room or something.

should be right, needs the port on the end since it's nonstandard.

https ://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:ojTRh_QsGeaPHi8E,party:iJOQfWqjTUUS-8UA

Serb, you're a fag.

IT FUCKING WORKS.

what is this game? i know not it, it is space?

So it's confirmed that players who pirate can connect?

Filename.

Think of counter strike in zero g with space suits

counter strike mod?

what mean you

Me mean you look filename: it say game be Shattered Horizon. Game be space indeed. Understand you are now?

It's a Zero-G FPS.

Yep, I'm using a pirated copy and I connected fine, using Evolve at least, we are trying a regular server with standard ports now.

For AvP2
we might need to use a master server patch tbbcbase.net/ or avpunknown.com/avp2master/
this has already been posted to /radcorp

Lovely, a regular server would be preferred of course but Evolve or Gameranger will work if needed.

learn 2 english m8

`How do i direct connect in shattered horizon?

Do you have the pirated copy?

Fuck i bought it on steam. Do I need to pirate it?

it'll probably still work. just add to the launch parameters –connect server_ip

When you work the process out stick it in an easily understood inforgraph for dumb anons.

You could pirate it as it comes with a launcher which lets you direct join IPs, but considering we are (or were, now) on a regular server, you may be able to join regularly from the server browser.

I already made a guide, but I am going to improve it, detailing more of the process.

Thanks. If the thread dies before you get a chance to post it stick it on /radcorp/.

Could I dl the browser separately?

Also, what is the name of the server? I see one in the browser.

I've got it here, but I'll post it on /radcorp/ too,

I don't know, considering it seems to be a full crack, I wouldn't think so.

That was probably us, considering there is essentially nobody still playing this game, let alone running a server.

I've saved it also.

The server isn't running right now but it won't show up in the browser anyway.

If you're still around join this group and I'll try it out with you.

SH server is back up, pics related.

Tried joining the server, I get pic related when I join using Steam.

Seems to die if I leave it alone. I just rebooted it, try again.

what are we playan

Nothing this weekend, UO next weekend. Once every two weeks user.

Could you please make the thread the day before Friday so I have time to download the game

INTENSE INTERNET MULTIPLAYER COMBAT

I'm compiling the signs together, here's a design question. Should DRM-Free & Open-Source be blue instead of green?

Blue to indicate it not being a positive or negative for all anons? It could work.

I used blue for 64+ players & an user also used blue for "Less than 1GB filesize." I was thinking blue would be coded as "Being a pro isn't enough, there's no reason they're cons."

Then it sounds reasonable enough to me. Go with blue.

If you have better ideas for open source, shoot.

With that out of the way, here's all the signs together. The tricky part will be how to implement them in the new catalog…

I'd say just by having boxart with these either below or to the side.

Something like this? Also just realized there's no sign of "Dedicated Servers"

Possible future game to play.

Even smaller than that, but yes.
For dedicated servers, try a circle with a server rack.

if your going to place them on the side orient them vertical, like what you have just on its side

I made a separate thread for Shattered Horizon.

Will this do?

bump

I suppose another bump now that normal service has sort-of resumed, is it still worth hosting one this weekend?

seconding this

Still wondering if this sign works fine for Dedicated Servers.

I played Shattered Horizon for a bit with some anons pre-April Fools day, we had to use Evolve to play together. I wasn't hosting though.

Looks good to me, as long as there's a key for symbols it shouldn't matter too much.

We're still working on the details but I think that other user said he had a solution. I'd check /radcorp/ but obviously it's not fucking there right now.

There will be a Legend for the symbols. The only question that remains is piecing them together so they don't look like dogshit.

Well you've done a good job so far.
I'll test the server we're going to use for UO tomorrow, I'm hoping we can still get a good few anons in despite this whole hacking nonsense but if not maybe I'll run UO again next wek.

Bump, what about a 16 players or less sign for like RTS games or fighters?

The Dystopia source mod would be fun too

We got the OP pasta already covered but problem is hosting a private PR server for just a single session is not worth it since you need to apply for server tools with your real data.
Its a dick thing to do but there were reasons for it, there were shitloads of p2w type serbers that nearly killed the community back in the day

Theres no problem whatsoever using an established server since theres a lot that are empty all the time, but hosting a private one is no deal.

As long as you've got a solution that's ok.

It would indeed.

Nothing less than 16 players I'm afraid.

The solution is pretty simple, we see how many people we get and then decide if joining an empty serber if nessesary. If we get

>The solution is pretty simple, we see how many people we get and then decide if joining an empty serber if nessesary. If we get

Bump for this user

Bumping to say nice job organizing shit, faggots. I'll probably try to join in for most games but I'm hyped as fuck for Ace of Spades.

Has anyone suggested these two?
Vehicular combat with artillery and base building.
+64 players
+Free
+Linux friendly
+Small but stable community
+/- Each team requires an experienced commander or it's gg
-Prone to crashing on the client end (at the moment, they are working on it)
-Source mod (Steam & 1 Source game required)
wat if counter strike was actully a quake mod
+Open source
+Linux friendly
+Active community
+/- Servers up to 32 players
- Not much to look at

Post them in the active thread so image editing user can see them.

Since Left4Dead 2 campaign can be played with more than 4 people, I was wondering if it could be added to the list?