Sangria on a ban-spree

We all know that he's the worst hotpocket, and that he's behind most every bullshit ban, but he's taking to the next level on this one, going full /leftycuck/ and handing out "rule 8" bans for everyone who dared to respond (with a single post) to a smarmy britcuck who was shitting up a thread with anti-American bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/rules.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally who?
Reported for eceleb bullshit

I see nothing wrong

Checking if i'm banned

Wow. it's fucking nothing.
Get back to me when mods are as cucked as Holla Forums is.

this pretty much

Holla Forums mods have gotten out of control, post anything remotely wrong and you'll get a stupid long ban time because everyone must be some variant of a shill nowadays

It's every board.
It's these fucking volunteers.

I'm sure your post was really related to the thread at hand and videogames in general.

He's a huge faggot, I think we can all agree

They're not as bad as halfchan mods

What kind of people do you think volunteer to 'do it for free' on bloody imageboards?

You are not convincing.

Heh

Holla Forums and Holla Forums NO SOUL

L-LOL???

that ban makes zero sense

>Surely not every party will be dumb/corrupt, that would be too much, at least someone good must exist

Compared to….

If a 3 minute ban bothers you that much, you deserve to be banned again.

Someone's just going to call you a 'hurr neutral' anyways.

Kill yourself.

This is you.

As much as I hate leftycuck mods I'm gonna have to agree with this user. Right or wrong, this is videogames and politics have no place here (unless it's closely related).

See the post above yours and then kill yourself.

lol what a faggot.

What the fuck kind of shit thread is that?

Please don't use strawmen.

Mark does the same shit too, I'm almost at the point where I stop caring

8ch.net/v/rules.html

Until the rules are amended to clearly state that anything with a political slant is banned, Sangria was out of line. He's using Rule 8 as a catch-all for "things he doesn't like", instead of actually enforcing the rules as stated.

No, it's more like this.
>thread gets made about a new game
Now you can stop sperging out.

Kill yourself.

Welcome to nu-Holla Forums!
You're better off in /newsplus/, voat, /new/, /polk/, /liberty/ or some other place.

That board is fucking dead now. It's become halfchan in terms of quality and substance

Please stop assuming my entire worldview based off two or three lines of text.

I haven't seen the reason for the bans. If he's banning anything political, then yes he's a massive hotpocket and needs to be removed.

Thanks for proving me right. Who's destroying the industry and what is their reason for doing so? You know the answer. You also know how to fix it. You're just either too paid to do anything about it or too mentally defective to do anything about it.

Please stop holding an objectively false worldview which can be described in two to three lines of text, then.

Thanks for destroying your position.

You know that posting trait when someone's clearly aggravated? Well your posts have that trait.

Jesus Christ. Such rabid autism.
You're better off banned.
Get the fuck out of this board.

Perhaps the aforementioned 'political' stuff wasn't related to the thread at all. If 'ban anything political' was the modus operandi, then you wouldn't see the Jewka-Laylee drama threads either.

There was nothing substantial to infer from my previous posts in the first place. You don't know a damn thing about me, don't pretend you do either. It's this constant desire to classify your fellow man into a handful of convenient one-dimensional labels that ticks me off the most.

who gives a shit? you were just banned for 3 minutes, and i don't know the context of your post, but it was probably dumb. there are more popular boards on this site where i have been banned for two months for asking a simple question that the crazy mod considered to be "datamining" – what you're seeing looks like an attempt to clean up the board, not moronic paranoia

Mods on Holla Forums are generally very jumpy and trigger-happy due to all the shilling the board gets from one group or the other. They tend to see anything like that as some sort of datamining.

Fuck off unless you have a reply.

Not even a good parody. Eat shit.

Try harder.

Mods on Holla Forums are paid, nonwhite shills.
>>>/sudo/8334

Yeah, I somehow doubt all those bans are breaking rule 8. I mean it's vague enough that he can get away with this.

I've already taken the bait, so just tell me: do you enjoy shitting up the board?

It looks like more of a mass clean-up of a thread where anyone posting off-topic stuff gets a tap on their shoulders while the main instigators are done in. Basically just a warning to most people involved to stay on topic, it's happened before.

One. Post.
I don't think a single post responding to "lol u retarded americans think u need chips with burgers XDDD" by poking fun at him for being a retarded brit is "deliberately shitting up" a thread. This is the selective enforcement of Rule 8 that I'm talking about, where he uses it as an "This isn't against the rules, but I don't like thing" button.

He uses Rule 8 how Imkampfy/Rach/Learningcode uses Rule 4 on Holla Forums, and that's why I made this thread, not because I'm assmad about a short ban.

If X isn't breaking the rules, and you want X banned, then change the rules. If it is against the rules, ban it, and attach a public ban message.

DO YOU?

You get banned all over for arguing with moefags now too.

If you want to argue semantics, it's something you should take up to Mark, as I personally would've done the same. I don't think you believe shitposts are fine as long as they're a (1) either.

Depending on the context your post might've been seen as banter in one thread and just faction warring in another thread. Kwanzanian banter itself doesn't get hunted down and banned. It's not exactly videogames, but the mods tend to let off-topic stuff slide if the atmosphere surrounding it isn't hostile and the banter is banter instead of just shitposting, unlike what you see in political faction wars. That's why consolewar shit is banned, faggots took that shit way too seriously.

You could've made that post in another thread where it could've applied and the atmosphere wasn't too hostile without getting banned, but I assume in this case the thread in question was hostile as shit and people could get seriously anal about it like 0f9456 here, hence why your post got deleted in the banwave alongside similar posts, on top of a warning ban for most people involved.

Thats probably what happened because he only got a 3 minute ban, they can also see post history and while that is not applicable here it does explain the longer bans for what seems to be "just one shitpost".

boo hoo. i want muh 3 minutes back

I don't think they're ban-worthy, no, unless said (1) and done shitpost is an OP in which case the thread should be bumplocked. The original intention behind Rule 8 was to stop people from going into a thread about a topic/game that they don't like, and then just repeatedly shitposting in it and derailing said thread (remember the TUMBLRTALE spammer?). The wording is very clear on that matter (avatarfagging was added later). This is also why dubs spam was banned as well. You're allowed (1) dubs post, and (1) reroll, after that you're derailing the thread.
Exactly. Which is why you don't ban and delete over a single post. If a user is repeatedly shitposting in a thread, ban them, and attach a public ban message. If a user posts one thing that may be bantz, or may be a shitpost, depending on who's looking at it, just leave it alone. The only thing that can kill a board like this is shitty moderation.

No need to downvote :^) when the thread has been bumplocked for nearly an hour now.

I don't disagree with leaving alone posts of questionable quality if nobody is paying any attention to it, but when you're cleaning up a thread you might as well be thorough to not leave any traces behind and send a message to everyone involved to knock it off. You know how easily morons get baited by posts like that these days even if it wasn't your original intention.

I don't think you'd have been normally banned for a post like that if you'd posted it anywhere else here, but that you just so happened to post in a massive shitfest by the looks of it and you got caught up in the process like cops arresting every single person involved in a riot.

Maybe a simple warning could've sufficed as opposed to a 3-minute ban, but it's really just three minutes anyways.