Rockpapershotgun dot com/2017/01/13/the-50-best-fps-on-pc

rockpapershotgun dot com/2017/01/13/the-50-best-fps-on-pc
How does this list make you feel?
Archive.is didn't work for the site, pressing next would just transport you to the real site, making it unusable. Just use some ad and script blocker, and sorry. I just felt that this list was so shitty and had to be mocked.

Other urls found in this thread:

deepfreeze.it/outlet.php?o=rock,_paper,_shotgun
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/screengrab-fix-version/?src=ss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When archive.is doesn't work, you take a screenshot of the whole page, you fag.

Fucking screencap each page individually it if it doesn't work you fucking nigger.

how can there be a top 50 fps games when it's hard to name even 10 good ones

Just like how there can be a top 100 RPG list, mental retardation.

Take a screencap, or a series of screencaps and stitch them together, you faglord.

Doesn't work that way, you press next for the next game in the list.

That would combine to 50 pictures. But, if needed I could do that.

Sorry, top 70.

/thread

just make a list

I can see a top 60 rpg list

deepfreeze.it/outlet.php?o=rock,_paper,_shotgun

I can only think of two really good RPGs in the general sense, Nethack and Mount and Blade.

This is some next level kikery

50. The Marathon Trilogy
49. F.E.A.R
48. Zeno Clash
47. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
46. Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
45. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
44. Tron 2.0
43. Metro 2033 Redux
42. Bulletstorm
41. Descent
40. Team Fortress 2
39. The Operative: No One Lives Forever
38. Titanfall 2
37. Aliens versus Predator
36. Halo: Combat Evolved
35. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
34. Arma 3
33. Star Wars: Republic Commando
32. Shadow Warrior 2
31. Far Cry 4
30. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
29. Star Wars Jedi Knight – Mysteries Of The Sith
28: Star Wars: Dark Forces
27. Rising Storm
26. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena
25. Call of Duty 2
24. Dishonored 2
23. Unreal Tournament 2004
22: Alien: Isolation
21. Wolfenstein: The New Order
20. Natural Selection 2
19: Crysis
18. SUPERHOT / SUPERHOT VR
17. Quake III: Arena
16. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
15. SWAT 4
14. Battlefield 1942
13. Planetside 2
12. BioShock 2
11. Left 4 Dead 2
10: Far Cry 2
9. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive THIS IS THE 9TH BEST PC FPS GAME ACCORDING TO ROCK PAPER CISSCUM
8. Half-Life 2
7. Overwatch
6. DOOM (2016)
5. Devil Daggers
4. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl
3 . DOOM (1993)
2. Half-Life
1: Quake

HERE YOU FUCKING GO

Yeah yeah, I know how shit Rock Paper Cisscum is and so does everyone else on this site.

please tell me that's not the list

mount & blade isn't good though…

There's only 5 fucking good games on that list, 4 fucking games, holy shit!

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/screengrab-fix-version/?src=ss

I used to use this addon before it had "fix version" appended. It used to be good, don't know if it's good now. Try using it next time OP.

Not even a shooter

wasn't that a stealth game? what's it doing on a fps list

A single gimmick shouldn't place you in the top 20 fps of all time

what?

haha

what even is that?

Yes, this is the list. I am not kidding you.
I wish it wasn't, but these people didn't put Deus Ex and Thief on the list because it's "not an FPS", while Dishonored and Riddick is fair game.

I think they said some bullshit about how Duke is not as funny as it was when it released. It was somewhere in the "article" but I forgot where.
I found the list from video related. It's 50 minutes long so don't ask for a webm.

bioshock 2 is the only good -shock game

don't post that autistic retard.

And the crowning jewel, the single sign that these people aren't even people.

What's wrong with him? He might sound young but he's old enough to shoot a gun.

So knowing how shit it is you still make this halfassed shit thread? Please drown in raw sewage.

u can't tell me what to do bitch

I really don't feel like giving a long winded explanation, but pretty much he has a very basic misunderstanding about games, game design, and what makes games good. Every argument he has is the result of a foundational misunderstanding that has led him down a rabbit hole in the totally wrong direction which undermines every single argument he makes and ultimately because this original failure was never addressed, his entire perspective is formed on a faulty premise.

It's an endless shooter with no levels.

EVEN ONE OF THESE BEING ON THE LIST WOULD BE CANCER

Oh look who it is. I thought you were too intelligent for Holla Forums.

sorry, this isn't a sega saturn thread. you have to go.

>>>/neofag/

I fucking hate this kind of shit. Pointless dick-waving and completely off-topic. Just drop it.

Those are all subjective ideals. One person might love how Age of Empires works compared to other RTS games, while others might hate it. This is all subjective. For example, he hates how Serious Sam works, he hates having to just blast enemies in a wide open field without much more depth, while many on Holla Forums love it.

But OW is just a shitty clone of TF2 why the fuck is it ranked higher?

I'm sorry, but half-life 2 isn't a bad game because it's not a direct sequel to half-life 1 and why is everyone treating gordon like a messiah xd

if you don't get the error in this, you'll never understand.

Not gonna get mad over a list, lots of great games on here anyway.

wot?

because it's a better game

They really are getting desperate for clicks aren't they.

i can't even name 50 100% must play FPS games in general across all platforms, there's like 20 truly good FPS or so

Overwatch is newer and thus journalists have its cock firmly in the back of their throats whereas TF2 is "An old overrated game for losers"

It also depends on which type of fps someone likes. Doom is very different from STALKER which is very different from ARMA.

Autistic lesbians are more useful and progressive.

for 40 dollars?

Nah, this is something most list websites do nowadays. It doesn't load another page, it just replaces the text and picture.

Thief, Deus Ex and System Shock aren't, goy ;^).

I personally didn't like HL2 because I thought it was a empty link. I went from trying to escape another planet and failed project test site to ayylmaos took over your planet and you are a dystopia freedom fighter, made no sense.

7. Overwatch (2016)

2. Half-Life (1998)

“What about Duke Nukem 3D?” The first level’s incredible, the rest is not didn't even play it lol and it’s sure as hell not as funny as it was in the 90s.

“Deus Ex should be number 1.” You’re probably right, but you’re also wrong.

du sex isn't even on the list

i wouldn't put ARMA in a top anything FPS list cuz you gotta be a special kind of autist to like it

DUSEX IS NOT A FPS GOY, BUT DISHONORED IS. ;^^^^^^D

Suddenly it all makes sense why HL1 is there instead of HL2. They just want to fellate the BM:S guys and their shitty half finished remake

HL2 is overrated as all hell anyway. people jerk off over that game for no good god damn reason other than the fact they're told they should jack off over it. other games did physics manipulation before half life 2,and some did it better than they did. a large part of half life 2 is consumed by watching NPCs talk or driving segments. enemy and weapon variety is shit compared to HL1 as well.

you aren't wrong though

what did they mean by this

What are you doing outside of your containment thread?

story doesn't matter in a video game

32. Shadow Warrior 2 (2016)

42. Bulletstorm (2011)

25. Call of Duty 2 (2005)

I want to fucking die

Autists, lesbians and fat acceptance.
Epic list.

I disagree with you and I think that's a stupid statement, but arguing with you will lead me no where, so I won't reply no longer.

good, run away. ignore the actual important element of video games:
game play.

I'll give it a shot and everyone can shitpost because they disagree.

Doom
Doom 2
Wolfenstein 3D
Blood
Hexen
Hexen 2
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Duke Nukem 3D
Rise of the Triad
System Shock
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Squad
Insurgency
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life 2
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
FarCry
Crysis Warhead
Crysis 2
Operation Flashpoint
ARMA 2
ARMA 3
SWAT 4

quake 2, system shock, and system shock 2 are awful shooters.

Still got 12 to go, I'm sure we can get there even if so many people bitch I have to remove some.
inb4 children bitch about games being shit because they played them 20 years after they were relevant

Having a story doesn't mean it ruins the gameplay. You can have both, your game doesn't have to be The Walking Dead to have a story.

Wasn't actually that good.
Only thing that could make it bearable was pc emulators.

I'd say add the brothers in arms games but they should all be played as a compilation rather than judged individually.

and when I say games I'm referring to hill 30, earned in blood, and hell's highway.

i like your style
i thought this was an FPS list
meme game, i'll defend half life 1 but never half life 2, woefully overrated title that helped popularize lazy developer habits that plebs and casuals adore

i can't agree with that pick although i kind of like the game, half of it revolves around throwing smoke grenades so you can ever get out of your spawn

wasn't that third person as well?

Name an earlier FPS with stealth mechanics, I'm keeping it because it was influential in a good way unlike Halo which was influential in a bad way.

Good call, also some of the early BF and CoD games were decent.

Swat 3, E.Y.E., Planetside 1/2 maybe, it is a very impressive game purely because of the scale., earlier Brothers in Arms, CS 1.6, STALKER. Those are personal games I like.

Strife, from 1996. It had simplistic stealth but it was still there.

bf 1942, vietnam, and bf 2 were pretty influential but the cod games aren't exactly ground breaking titles. medal of honor allied assault would be a better pick.

I don't know why hell's highway gets heaped with shit, the story was well told and the gameplay on authentic was extremely challenging and made you rely on tactics. Also the multiplayer was the shit.

Update

Doom
Doom 2
Wolfenstein 3D
Blood
Hexen
Hexen 2
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Duke Nukem 3D
Rise of the Triad
System Shock
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Splinter Cell 3rd person
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 3rd person
Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Squad
Insurgency
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life 2 Agree it's average
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
FarCry
Crysis Warhead
Crysis 2
Operation Flashpoint
ARMA 2
ARMA 3
SWAT 4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
SWAT 3
E.Y.E.
F.E.A.R.
BF 1942
BF Vietnam
BF 2
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
CS 1.6
Boiling Point: Road to Hell It's buggy as fuck but I loved it

CoD 1 was a very good game. It had a pretty nice story and spoke of the horrors of war via the game itself. In one of the campaigns you didn't even have a gun at the start and saw your comrades die while you were taking machine gun fire.

Don't ask me man, I loved that game. It had good sound, an okay story, good shooting and firing the MG 42 made you feel really powerful.

CoD 1, 2, World at War and 4. They were all good games.

im sorta thinking to myself if shooters that benefited from their multiplayer aspects can be in a top 50 list, even if they're brilliant games. especially when eventually those servers will die, or their own metas will consume the game and push newer players out for good

just a thought though

Half Life 2 is a boring shooter but Gman remains my favorite character of any fps. It's lip-syncing tech is still really good, but again, that really has nothing to do with good fps.

The Gman story is the only vidya story I have ever cared about, too bad I'll never get a conclusion.

Not a good one, anyone.

Oh my God.
Well, at least Quake is number 1.

Could be much, much worse

That means it's pure clickbait you fucking faggot. Go back to reddit before I kill you.

Man, this has got to be the most overpraised FPS of the last few years. I don't know how well it sold, but every game site gushed over it at the time and it just bored me to tears. Dire 1990s Image Comics-tier dialogue and plot, shit "stealth," and rote shooting. Just a nothing, forgettable game.

muh nazis

Their choice of CoD game was okay, but CS:GO is fucking trash made by developers that don't listen.
Here's my best example. The Tec-9. It has almost the same max fire rate as the AK-47, is a 500$ pistol and has 1 HIT HEADSHOT CAPABILITY UP TO 500 UNITS (1 and a half seconds of moving forward with knife out), not even the M4A4 has that, and that gun costs 3100$.

Get fucked, my dude.

Isn't the Tec-9 the gun Zimzam used

He used a Kel Tec PF9 I think. That's off the top of my head though.

Ok that's what made me think tec 9
thanks user

SWAT 4 doesn't count?

This man browses Holla Forums, a site with a couple thousand shitposters and literal Nazis, and he had a television show on a mainstream network and it got millions of views and generally good ratings.

Never forget that.
Never forget that Holla Forums is the cutting edge of culture.

What? It's just above STALKER.

I need glasses…

Far Cry 2 is a good game but it doesn't deserve the spot.

Well fuck I saw someone with a shirt that said "Praise Kek" today, our memes are getting down there

Well aren't you a fucking meme wizard.

I played it long ago, but from what I remember it was just boring and repetitive. When it asked me to redo the same thing for the… third? time, I just dropped it.

Had it's issues, and that's one of them, but the game really showed the horrors of Africa like the endless war, arms trade, slave trade, you being infected with a horrible disease that can kill at any moment, blood diamonds and it had a great story.

It's good

good, but you should have just posted the whole list in the OP you useless faggot. even before zoe quinn sucked a bunch of dicks we all knew rockpapershotgun was a piece of shit not worth visiting

Call me a faggot, but I would rather just have a fun game.

This game actually bothered me because it had an awesome atmosphere, so I kinda wanted to keep playing it, but on the other hand playing it was so boring.

I personally thought the gameplay was good and fun and didn't mind the few shitty missions before the satisfying story missions.

Are you retarded?

Cod 2-5 are awful. Trip wire enemy spawning makes for terrible and samey levels.

How am I retarded for saying "Story doesn't mean it ruins the gameplay", pic related.

I am detecting a rather large amount of silver asspain in this thread. It's pointless to direct it specifically at me, because all I can hear when silvers speak sounds like sulfurous gas bubbling up through a lake of steaming liquid shit, and their writing is just this sound rendered phonetically plus the additional distress that somebody bothered to teach you to read and write at all.

There's no FEAR or Turok in there

What?