PS2 Thread

The Switch is a disaster, the Pro stupid and the Scorpio vaporware but the PS2 is forever.

I'd rather be playing one of the thousands of PS2 gems than dealing with broken switches and cartoony skyrims. What about you? Do you like SJWfied games and consoles full of nickel-and-diming DLC, social justice, bow-legged lesbians and trap elves or games from a time where gaming was bullshit-free?

Throw that shit into the trash can and get out your PS2 for some gaming bliss!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2
mediafire.com/file/3maaelyk136ptjn/Choro Q Jet.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=Ve8scxL6ySA
web.archive.org/web/20020925135322/http://play-pak.com/
connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/4479909/pack-makes-good-fit-ps2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Keep telling yourself that, pretendo. People have this narrative that the PS2 had a bunch of games, but the reality is that few and far between were even worth playing. There's not a single masterpiece on the system the way there were many on the Gamecube.

Amen brother, currently playing:

I don't exactly know what to discuss but i'm here to say at least OP is not a complete boyloving flamboyant homoman this time.

anyone here expert on modding? I have a hard modded ps2 but I couldn't run games through usb with it. I used the same memory card my friend is using which works on his ps2 but doesn't work on mine.

KEEP ROCKIN' BABY

STOP THE MADNESS

Actually good PS2 games coming through.

Stop spamming

already done you triggerd faggot who did nothing than shitposting

I deleted my doubleposts, you are just spamming cover arts.

user i'm going to tell you something with all the love i can gather: YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING FAGGOT HOLY SHIT

>having a less than stellar opinion of anything Nintendo has ever done means you're not muh real Nintendo fan
I mean I like the Switch but you should still kill yourself.

Why?

The PS2 was a weebmachine, reddit.

No, the PSVita is a weebmachine. The PS2 just happened to have a bunch of shitty weeb games in its massive library.

Go back to your friend's hous and get a multi-region installation of FreeMcBoot.

Currently playing San Andreas again man is it such a fun game. If only I had someone to two player with me

The two player compontent of that game is really shit. there's no split screen, both of you share one screen the same way you do in a hack-n-slash. the most you'll have fun with is getting all the character models to kiss each other and that's it.

To comment further I loved how in two players non MCs had unique fighting styles, that redneck Slug lookalike from the countryside is always my favorite to play with, especially when you run gently and he swings from side to side all dopey.

Anons help, I have a PS2 but no games! How to play cracked games on it?

Get an HDD and google PS2 HDD or use a boot disc. Google the boot disc too.

>roleplaying
Better than nothing like on the Xbox tbh

If you have a really early one, yank out the disk protection chip.

see what I mean?

I saw several solutions on google. It's currently midnight, I'll see how to fix up my ps2 tomorrow, thanks anons.

Since we're talking about the PS2, does anyone know anything about demul netplay for PS2 fighting games, like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or Guilty Gear XX Slash? Or am I thinking of something else?

I finished Kingdom Hearts, one of my favorite games of all time. Getting into KH reChained memories, i can say its a very interesting gimmic with the cards and all that. Pleasantly good too.

Why so little love for Radiata Stories?

Started playing .hack recently. Pretty neat premise, and I'm enjoying how the field music seamlessly swaps from "exploration" to a "combat" variant, but I will say I'm finding it a bit annoying having to babysit new allies. Blackrose and Mistral I can understand being low level, to the point that even after that failed initial dungeon, Kite is still better versed in the game than Blackrose is (and having both as allies from so early makes it easy enough to keep them close in level to Kite). Piros was at least level five, but had no business trying to take that tree thing on by himself. Mia and Elk though? Considering how dangerous the dungeon they give you their contacts for beating is (and the fact that you have to go it alone makes it all the more tense), and just how much Mia clearly knows about The World and how it apparently works, I was expecting them to be maybe level nine or so minimum, but instead they're level five and three respectively, to the point Elk pretty much dies in one hit (Mia wasn't all that much better off initially either, but could at least take multiple) in the next dungeon where you're forced to take both of them along. Not sure who else is going to give Kite their contact info, but I do hope they're not absurdly low level.

If you have a fat PS2, you can set it up to play games digitally installed on a drive. The PS2 (to my knowledge anyhow) only has USB 1.0, and as such trying to play games via external drive through that port is ridiculously slow, compared to systems that have at least USB 2.0.

You got a fat one or a slim?

It's on my backlog still. I did see some online vendor selling some preowned, now out of print figurines Ridley and Jack recently.

It wasn't that good. Started very strong, turned boring in 5 hours.

Man what the hell happened to tri-Ace. I wish they would go back to Radiata Stories and Valkyrie Profile instead of making increasingly worse installments of Star Ocean.

Because nobody has any taste; it WAS linked in that image-plosion, at least. Beyond that, i've already played the shit out of it and i'm not sure what else to say for it, other than waifu spam.

Just a remind that Raiden is the best girl.

Is it worth giving a try? Or it's just an inferior version of GT4 with nothing special?

I'd say 3 is the first game that was less arcade and cartoony. I played a good chunk a while back and it's pretty good, but if you have 4 just play 4. The weird thing is between playing 2 and the others, 2 needs to be played because the goofy rally-like physics makes it it's own type of game.

Was PS 2 100% backwards compatible ??

nigga, do you even drift

For the most part. However, some games are noted as having some compatibility issues in regards to certain models (a handful of which having apparent issues with all models). Not just PS1 games either, but PS2 games played on the PS2 as well.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2

HEY

I LIKE SHINOBI

I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH

BUT KUNOICHI IS A WEAK SEQUEL BECAUSE THE CONTROLS ARE LESS RESPONSIVE.

THEY'RE BOTH STILL PRETTY GOOD GAMES THAT YOU SHOULD TRY OR SOMETHING IF YOU LIKE NINJAS AND STUFF.

LEARN TO CHAIN YOUR KILLS AND GET TATE OTHERWISE YOU'RE GONNA SUFFER ON HIGHER DIFFICULTIES

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking 'toddlers, man.

GT3 has significantly different physics and a couple good tracks that never made it to latter games, the licenses are also way harder than the rest of the series especially gold/dev times fuck B-8.

You're right.
It's widely know the original Playstation is the one that had the better and more original library of games.

Oh boy the perfect thread for me
I collect PS2 games and fix PS2s

Shoot me games that I should get anons!

no

It sucks how un-emulatable the snowblind engine is. I can get maybe 10 FPS in Dark Alliance. Summoner has a PC version on steam that's good, I've always really liked the world setting.

I can get it to run at playable speeds but the random small bugs just kill it, never tried the other games but apparently they might run slightly better.

Why?

What's my best option to connect a PS2 through HDMI? I hear those Chinese adapters are faulty as fuck.

Do I need one of them fancy display boxes or whatever? Seeing this thread reminds me I missed out on a lot of great titles in the PS2's library.

You should get a PS4, first of all.

OSSC for lagless but bad deinterlacing
Framemeister for a couple frame of input lag but very good deinterlacing
Random Lenkeng based RGB/YUV to HDMI box for the poorfag choice (3-4 frame of input lag, quality vary wildly, chances of DoA or quick death on hte box)

Decided to play Yakuza 1 after playing Yakuza 0 through chapter 6. Jesus, the dub is horrible. Thank fuck the remake is coming soon. If only 2 would get that same treatment. Nevertheless, 0 made excellent training for playing 1, as my first run years ago had me getting my head kicked in far too much.

Except for the part where it is a commercial success.

Depends on what all you like and, as far as actually picking stuff up, what you're willing to drop on games.

I can't say for certain, but I think there was some rumor that Yakuza 2 might get the Kiwami treatment, or something.

ARE YOU TRYING TO SCRATCH THEM?

If you have access to a disc repairer/resurfacer you're actually better off placing them face down.

scratching the top of a disc is way more damaging than scratching the bottom.

interestingā€¦.

Might as well link the console modification thread here

If you want your PS2 modded, best bet is to get an official PS2 memory card softmodded by installing FreeMCBoot on it like i did.

I welcome the enlightenment. Also X2 cosplayers cus why not

Ah yes the shitstation 2. The one that casualized the industry and set it on the path to destruction

Two arrows for intera-board and three for cross site. polite sage.

The actual game data is encoded on a sheet of metal that's suspended atop about a quarter-inch thick layer of plastic. You have to scour right fairly deep into the plastic before you do irreversible damage.

Meanwhile, the top of the disk is only protected by a layer of scratch-resistant varnish and the paint from the disc's artwork. I've actually managed to completely ruin games before, simply because the place I'd bought them second-hand from had decided to place a particularly sticky price tag on the disc's art and, while attempting to remove said sticker, I've gone and torn off the metal data layer in the process.

With that knowledge, why would you even dare try to remove the sticker?

That's how I found out about it in the first place.

You only do it the once.

I fucking hate it when stores do that. Part of why I only buy complete copies when feasible, and even then only after inspecting the whole thing for what condition its in.

Literally no retailers around me who sell this game, so I am stuck at the moment. I will probably go back to playing San Andreas again.

What did you expect when the PS2 on the whole is region locked anyhow? Sony only started to go region free with the PSP and PS3 (and with the latter, it was more dependent on the publisher whether a game was or wasn't, but most opted for region free). Or did you order a random copy and somehow wind up with one from out of your region?

I just ordered one randomly from the Internet, hoping it would work. Yeah, that pretty stupid of me.
At least I got to play the music CD for a bit, before I sent it back.

Yeah, my recommendation would be to send it back with a note that the seller ought to specify what region it is. While one should be able to assume that ordering directly from Amazon themselves, you'd get something made for the region that Amazon site is for, I suppose it doesn't always happen. Part of why I usually order from third party vendors, you can see where something's shipping in from and make either make a more valid assumption, or ask questions, or sometimes get images of the product being sold. Though, even then I've still gotten shipped occasional Canada prints, but that's still considered NA despite the differences in language options, and as that was mostly in regard to DS games, it didn't matter much, being region free and all.

I already mailed it back, so I should be getting my money soon. And yeah, I tried looking around for used copies, but literally nobody plays games like these around these parts, it' s all Fifa and shooters.

you could have gotten FMCB and played the game via homebrew m8

Where do you live? I wouldn't call Persona 4 something I commonly see at independant used vidya stores or multimedia places where I am (I've got some decent ones I know of), but of the PS2 SMT related games, it and P3FES are what I see the most. I suspect that maybe the fact that Persona 4 also has the extended Vita release cuts down on demand for the PS2 original these days anyhow, and here (in the US anyhow) Atlus has already given all the PS2 SMT and Persona games, aside from base P3, the reprint treatment, making them all more available and less expensive.

Man, it's always a sign of a good thread when the very first post is bait, right out the damn gate.

I just finished yakuza 1 and I'm playing the second game. Kazuma controls a lot better right off the bat, I'm excited to play it through.

I live in the middle of slavistan, so nobody plays games like these around here.

At least the OP for the thread doesn't seem to be the usual PS2 thread OP I see.

Ah, that's a shame. Honestly, I'd really hate to be interested in vidya and live in PAL areas, between price hikes, delays, and in a lot of cases, various games just not coming over (though, you guys do occasionally get stuff NA publishers won't take a risk on, like Terranigma or Last Window). And if Wikipedia's anything to go by, unlike the NA PSN, apparently the PAL PSN doesn't have Persona 4 PS2 on it.

I am. I didn't put the recommendation against emulation because someone complained last time.

How else are we supposed to play 13 year old games?

With disc and console. Or HDD and console. Or SMB share and console.

nah

Besides Eternal Darkness,was there any good games on the system?

The skies of arcadia remake?

1. Sony releases the PS2Ā½
2. It plays the PS2 games in 8k
3. Gaming is saved

Admittedly, the cause of this is that most Gamecube exclusives were eventually ported to PS2.

There was a time when Gamefaqs consolewars were about the Gamecube having exclusives like MGS2 and RE4 that would never make their way to other systems.

Metroid Prime 1 (some people like 2 as well, I didn't)
REmake
Star Wars Rogue Leader
SSBM
Zerudo

And I've never even owned one.

The best Mario Kart and Tennis.

Where the fuck do you live that a PS2 console isn't cheap as dirt and easily available? Are you some kind of dumb african NIGGER?

Am i on Cuckchan?

The remake completely ruins the music however and 0 feels like a cashgrab, like holy shit just let the series die already.

well he's not wrong

Custom Robo
Smash Bros Melee
Chibi-Robo
Wind Waker
F-Zero GX
Kirby Air Ride
Super Monkey Ball
Super Mario Sunshine

and I'm sure there's a bit more, however the PS2 completely destroyed it and the Xbox

some guy is hopping VPNs to spread console wars

Well 6 was supposedly the final entry

Uhhā€¦

and twice the price

Every dollar spent on the PS2.5 would be a dollar taken from nugaming, so that's not really a problem.

But it would go to nu-gaming, retard. There wouldn't be new games for it, even if there were new games for it they would be nu-games. All money spent on rebuying the same old games would go to nu-games.

I have no idea what you just said.

This game is ass.
Gonna play it and get all it's endings anyways.
If I'm not wrong, drakengard 2 wasn't made by moonman, right?
Should I skip it?

Bump

Watching a longplay of it on youtube is more fun than playing this turd. I finished it with cheats because the gameplay was so crappy.

Plus, the translated version is censored.

Don't worry, it's thicc

maybe just beat one or two endings before reading/watching the rest, very few can stomach actually playing the full thing

You'll decide for youreself if you want to play dod2 by the time when (or if) you finish dod1.

So PC emulation thread?
I want to emulate Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3. How can I get started on cemu emulation?

Nigger please, i have all the S ranks on Shadow the Hedgehog

Thanks, I have been dying to play RE2 again and considering the "success" of RE7, I am having some fears about what Capcom might do to the REmake.

Hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to run an emulation on a PC, what would the minimum specs be?

Shadow only goes up to A rank, what are you talking about?

I unironically like Drakengard, but to be fair I have incredibly low standards. You can cut down on the grinding hassle a bit by playing Easy Mode

Just wait and see, then. RE2 on the PSX is LOADING LOADING LOADING, unless you're emulating it with a disc image or something. If the remake turns out to be horrible, then play the original without tainting your memory of it.

shit
shovelware
not bad

fuck yeah
car shit
best in the series
literal shit

This is a PS2 thread you stupid cunt, there's a CEMU thread somewhere else, fuck off over there to play your children's games.

Timesplitters 2 was the first game I ever 100%'d followed closely by Future Perfect. Anyone who spent hours being autistic in mapmaker and arcade is automatically my nigga.

YOU. SHOULD. KNOW. ME.

Who the hell named you the fucking judge of what other people are playing? Who gives a flying fuck about your opinion? Certainly not those anons who are actually enjoying videogames, die in a hole. I cannot exhaust just how much you disgust me.

I was actually going to finish Xenosaga and move on to II.

i made an assault map, the first phase was an open courtyard with nowhere to run for cover, but then you had 2 options in the 2nd phase, to run for some coins or to pull a lever, completing both would unlock a shortcut, i was obssesed with making it non-linear

me and my m8s still play on custom maps to this day, we even made a trench map based on the first world war. two trenches oppisite each other with little cover between them

Then you should look into setting up an internal drive to run games from a loader with (using either WinHIIP or HDL Dump/HDL Dumb to install games onto it), as the fat model has the expansion bay. There's various guides online you can use for doing so; I used this one as a resource myself, but in my experiences you can ignore the memory card stuff unless you're also wanting to put Free Mc Boot on (should you be planning to also play from burned discs, or whatnot).

You will need to buy a handful of things though, namely a drive itself (IDE preferably; there's a compatibility list out there, and you might be able to find comments on places like Amazon about if a particular model works for PS2 loading) the network adaptor (allows the PS2 to access the drive, and the drive to derive power to run through the PS2), and if you don't have any existing way to connect the drive to your computer, an IDE-to-USB adaptor (I think I've also heard you can use ethernet cables as well, but I might be wrong).

Forgot video embed.

Timesplitters 2 has better facial animations then AAA games made in 2017

the PS2 era is never coming back
mfw

That map maker was great.

Anyone else have this autism?

Picked up a few games today at distant Goodwill (Burnout Revenge, NSFUG, NSFUG2, GTA:LSS), and now I have to drive alllll the way back out there to get the Sony-branded entertainment center, since I now have enough PS2, PS3, and PS4 games to necessitate some sort of shelf. Amazingly enough, I don't own Bloodborne.

Huh? Why not just get a regular shelving unit, or TV/system stand if that's more what you mean?

Because the Sony one looks nice, is only about $12, and everything else costs a shitload more and doesn't have near the dedicated storage space for DVD-sized cases. All the other particle board bullshit I have is literally collapsing. My stereo stand is only being held up by the records and laserdiscs in the lower portion, and the eight track deck on the upper part. Also, my furniture-purchasing abilities are stymied by the fact that I do not own a truck, and work has been keeping me too broke to get one.

What's better on the Xbox version?

Better textures, resolution and framerate

oh and anti-aliasing

Fug, that does sound nice.

Nothing. The definitive version is the PS2 one. The Xbox and GC versions are lay ports.

It doesn't even have four player multiplayer.

You will never have three other people to play video games with in your home.

It has, though.

Either way the ps2 version is inferior. Xbox had better hadware and would run multiplats better.

I has 4 player multiplayer.

It does but only if you have the device that allows 4 player multiplayer. Whereas with xbox you just need 4 controllers.

It has 4 player multiplayer.

Learn to read.

Learn to recognize when you have been proven wrong.

I admitted it has 4 player multiplayer. You just need a peripheral device to play it on the PS2 compared to the xbox.

Is that hard to understand?

Admittedly I'm really not sure what took Sony so long to start implementing native four player input without needing a multitap, especially when Nintendo had been doing so since the N64. Hell, even with the PS3 (or at least my own model), you might be able to connect four controllers wirelessly, but there's still only two USB sockets on it to directly connect controllers with.

How much space for game/movie storage does it even allow for? Given what else you've said I can't imagine it being big enough to hold all that much.

The shelves and racks appear to hold a minimum of fifty cases. Everything else I've seen recently is too wide open, which would mean everything would constantly fall over or out of the shelves. I don't own an LCD TV because I quit watching TV, and until I bother recording some light gun game footage, I have no incentive to hoist my CRT off of the floor onto my wobbly backup computer desk. I dunno, we'll see what's available. Anything with assembly required costs more than I care to spend on something that isn't a tool, entertainment, or multipurpose equipment, and that entertainment center would fit in the back seat of my car.

I use a pair of shelving units stacked on top of each other with dowels, and nothing's ever but fallen out. That said, it does have cylindrical bars going vertically up it, forming a sort of "open wall", and for rows where I don't have enough cases to fill it out completely, I've got some bookends. Only assembly needed with this was just putting four dowels in the top of one unit and getting the second unit on the top to socket into them.

Anyhow, good luck with that unit you're looking at. If you're not going to be going back to wherever it is for a few days, you might want to ask if they can put a hold on it, so you don't make the trip over an item they no longer have.

Eh, the thrifting game is all about luck. If it's not there if and when I go back, then I'll just hit the other stores in the area before heading back. I've been digging through my boxes in the basement, and I keep finding more PS2 games that I forgot I owned. Crazy.

Hopefully for your sake they still work.

What do you guys think of Rogue Galaxy? I tried it for a bit and wasn't really into it. Perhaps there's something I'm not understanding.

You admitted to it having 4 player muiltiplayer AFTER being proven wrong, then changed your arguement to >b-buh muh peripheral (which is like, $10, ya poorfag)

You moved the goalposts after getting btfo. Case closed.

user please.
Not to mention the online being dead on PS2 versions whereas Xbox can still play via Xlink kai

Has anyone noticed whether slim PS2s have more desaturaded colors than fat PS2s? Or is my slim PS2 broken?

With systems this old, there could be a ton of factors that go into picture quality, I've never heard of it being specific to model type though; Try different video cables first.
There is no justice, hopefully I'll find a nice Trinitron before Spring is over.

This is the PS2 thread, people here play on the PS2.

I want underages to leave

Damn, the console modding thread finally died, oh well.

Anyone played the Kessen games? they any good?

Seek and Destroy is surprisingly not shit, despite its $10 package design. Speed Kings is also a pretty good CDROM PS2 game. Like Road Rash meets Burnout.

bump

Any homebrew worth looking at since i got my mem card softmodded?

Seek and Destroy is a Choro Q game basically. Choro Q is like the Kirby of racing games, consistently good and cute.

Whatever makes you feel better about your inferior hardware and having to pay for 4 player multiplayer.

Oh, I know me some Choro Q. Choro Q Jet: Rainbow Wings was one of the first games I imported (from Hong Kong, natch). I have Speed Kings in a pile next to me, and I need to get some free time off of work to get my shit organized, since I've apparently gone full Playstation this month. All four Playstation systems hooked up and ready to rock. Alas, as I have no HDMI capture capabilities, recording dickery in PS3 games is a no-go for me outside of fucking s-video at the moment. Not that it matters, since Jewtube's auto-fuck-you system slaps me for almost anything with music in it. Yeah, my 6 monthly views are really hurting some company's bottom line.

Oh shit, it's like cute Ace Combat.

This fuckin' game right here

Starting to lose my patience with Elk.
>"Gib bracer plox so furry lieks me agen" logic.
Maybe I just need to just level him up some more, or am doing something wrong in general, but it strikes me that this would be a lot easier if I could just take Piros with me to round out the party, as he's still on the server while the rest have apparently left for the level 10+ server (or whatever the parameters are). Getting a bit annoyed at these "go it alone" or "go it with just two" parts of the game in general, when the game is clearly oriented around there being three people in a party.

Sad thing is that I actually grew to like the character he seems to be a palette swap of (Tsukasa from Sign), as at least there, Tsukasa had actual reasons for his her antisocial tendencies and general attitude issues that were understandable to the viewer. Elk thus far is just being a drag along character in a game where I already have a readily available, reasonably leveled/geared, and eager Wavemaster to party with. Unless it's meant as meta; putting the player in the sort of shoes Mimiru and Bear wore in Sign in trying to drag Tsukasa around against his will at times, in which case maybe it's genius instead.

Apologies if that comes off as blogpost tier, but I needed to vent and this is the most appropriate place at the moment.

Admittedly I'm more used to using stuff installed onto a drive. PS2 memory cards themselves are rather small (8 MB being the only size for official cards), and I haven't heard about much other than having Free Mc Boot on them as far as homebrew/mods go, compared to how there's a noted variety of things you can put on hard drives instead.

I still remember being annoyed a while back trying to find a particular song on the soundtrack for a game on jewtube, only for none of the ones in the full playlist to sound like the one I was looking for, and the playlist itself had a conspicuously deleted track that the viewer isn't even allowed to know what was there before. Checking KH Insider's music section, it was indeed the sole song banned on youtube for the game; not even the lyrical tracks where one might say there could be more understandable claim were blocked, but rather this one song just isn't allowed. Ridiculous.

Well, the game doesn't use CD audio, and ePSXe was fucking off and not wanting to play the disc. If you like, I can spend a chunk of tomorrow night after work trying to record that track for you. I beat the piss out of the game back when it was new, but I don't remember if it had a sound test. I can perhaps toss it into my Playstation and see, but right now, I have FIVE FUCKING HOURS to sleep before I have to get ready for work.

My fault for not going to bed two hours ago. Love next-day-shift-changes.

I was more just remarking about retarded OST blocks and bans on Jewtube, not so much the soundtrack of Choro Q itself. Still, if it's a game that's hard to find proper track uploads of, by all means, maybe record and make some webms for them.

Banned music seems to be the most interesting. FUCK I NEED TO GO TO BED.

Indeed, especially if it's an older game where likely no one makes a profit on the soundtrack, or it didn't even get cleared to come west to begin with. Or, in the case of the track I was speaking of (**"Defense Action Squad Heroes!" from WA5), what the fucking hell makes it so different from the rest of the OST that it and only it apparently warranted a full purge? That case was also notably absent as it's a boss battle theme.

Get to bed user.

And I somehow fucked up the spoiler. Whatever.

Bah, my mod chip seems to have died. System still reads legit games, though. Got ePSXe to play ball well enough, and the sound test works. Choro Q Jet has 18 tracks, all Playstation synth. Don't have time to record the tracks right now, but I'll get on it when I get back from work.

On topic, I need to figure out how to do something other than dick around in my haxxed PS2 memory card's menu, or get to refurbishing my fat PS2 for use with it.

They're still out there, user. I recently helped somebody pick up three of them. If you're in the US, you'll want to look somewhere in the Midwest. They'll probably have a good supply of them for years too, since rednecks don't want to spend money on them fancy flatscreens.

sure its not the laser?
had the same problem recently on a slim
original discs are much easier on the laser
when modchip fails you would rather see the red error message of death than a generic disc read error

I think you've got that backwards. The game starts out kind of meh but gets really good later on.

all consoles are shit
steam on pc is shit
what do?

Replace video game media consumption with political media consumption and become more unhappy.

Remove Kebab.
Remove Gay.
Remove Women.
Remove Crackers.
Remove Nigs.
Removeā€¦
Removeā€¦ā€¦
Removeā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
Removeā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..Everything.

Potentially. It is the first edition of the US PSX, so it was the candidate for the PSIO I have sitting in the box still.

Remove der yuden
With the shootin'
And watch the world turn bright
The world is bereft
of hope from the left
But everything will be alright.

REGRESSIVE LEFT IS A CANCER
RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS ARE THE ANSWER

Time to get cracking on that amateur audio rip. I think the tracks loop at some point.

Alrighty, can't be assed to make webms.
mediafire.com/file/3maaelyk136ptjn/Choro Q Jet.rar

Looking at my drive, there's a POPS PS1 emulator that can be used with drives on a fat PS2. Not sure what the compatibility's like for it though (I usually just toss PS1 games I don't actually own onto my PSP as eboots), and I'm not certain how well it handles disc swapping as a function when needed. If you can get that fat PS2 working again, it might be an option to look into for both the PS1 and PS2 library fronts.

The PS2 was fucked full of tar and dust from somebody who must have turned into an eternally coughing tarball when their cancer made them immortal. I have a slim that works fine for playing Yakuza and Burnout and such, so my incentive to give that bastard a bath is pretty slim, considering how many other fat PS2s I'd gone though when they were new.

Well, I got a refurbished PS2 some years back myself and it's still working just as well as it did the day I got it (actually with more functionality than before, having the drive set up and all). But yeah, I suppose if your slim's working just fine, there's less reason to clean the other up or look into getting another fat one.

Great, a graphicsfag. At least he's proving decent in combat.

Been meaning to play pic related forever. Now I'm about two.

I see 8ch's no better than reddit nowadays

And you're no better than a fucking street shitter,
so fuck off and go back to pussywhine on twitter.

Nobody gives a shit faggot, play the best version of a game.

bump

Most consoles from that era were good, after 2010 videogames went to shit

I got an old PS2 with DRE nearly 10 years ago that until now, was sitting in my closet. Picked up a 500gb IDE drive off CL for $5 and ordered a network adapter and other accessories. I'm pumped.

Very good user, have fun with it!

Make a backup FMCB card just in case!

C. O. M. P.
What a fun game that with a good soundtrack to go with it
Pistolgrip Pump is the best song by the way

So many cool JRPGs man.

FUCK it all went wrong.

That raises a good question: is the an established list of must-play JRPGs? I've heard good things about individual games or series, but there were so many on the SNES and PS2 I still feel as thought I've missed a huge movement.

*is there
fuck

It's rather sad to look at the series that existed on the PS1 and PS2, but for whatever reason never saw continuation on the PS3, instead being switched over to the DS and PSP before dying off, if they even made the jump to seventh gen.

As of now, the only thing I've got on that is an old image from half/vg/'s JRPG General, and it wasn't so much "must play" as much as "what the anons that made it recommend" in terms of usefulness (an aspect which I will admit I consider better). It's got issues in its own right though: they only allowed space for forty-five games on the image (and notable classic games/franchises were outright absent while other series got multiple slots; Final Fantasy alone took up over a fifth or so of the image), and while they did include a link to a google document for further games/more information on games, that document was never finished and always had a ton of blank descriptions. Also, since I first started seeing that image crop up years back, people were pretty vocal about issues they had with it, and questioning the taste of the creators (even in /JRPGG/, by a certain point in time bringing up Golden Sun in a good light was considered to be "bait").

I'd love to try to make something in regard to it myself, but there's a number of issues, namely trying to get both in terms of getting general input (JRPG discussion not being the most common thing on Holla Forums here), as well as consensus on what games are worth including (some games are very divisive for particular reasons, despite still being solid games in their own rights; Tales of the Abyss, for example).

HEY

IF YOU LIKE ACTION RPGS YOU MAY LIKE DRAKAN THE ANCIENTS GATES.

ITS ABOUT LARA CROFT AS A MOTHERFUCKING WARRIOR PRINCESS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

YOU GET SWORDS, BOWS, MAGIC, AND A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON THAT YOU CAN RIDE AND USE TO BLOW FIRE AT SHIT

THERE ARE SOME PRETTY COOL DUNGEONS AND BOSSES AND STUFF

TRY IT OUT

COOL THANKS

Well the Switch could have a decent software output like the 3DS, issue is that the hardware unit is poorly designed, although the same could be said for the 3DS.

Also I've been playing Ace Combat 5, what about you Holla Forums?

Still working through .hack Infection. Really starting to wonder why there's beginning to be so many class duplicates, particularly when you can only have three characters in the party at once (so really just Kite and two of your choosing). I suppose not every "player" is online all the time, but a good amount of these allies I'm making don't seem to have that much bearing on the plot thus far. Kite, Elk, and Mia seem to, as does Blackrose at points, but Sanjuro, Mistral (much as I enjoy having her in the party, her attitude is much better than Elk's), and Natsume haven't exactly added much. Perhaps that's intentional though, being that the game is meant as an out-and-out single player MMO in the form of a real time JRPG: most people you run across might be useful in combat, but are likely to just be random players as opposed to people with more invested in what's happening behind the scenes.

Also not especially looking forward to this next dungeon though. None of the Wavemasters are online (meaning I have no proper magic/healing support) and Kite and Blackrose are a good bit below the recommended level.

I wish I could just go on emuparadise and download ps2 games easily like I can with ps1

Nigger, what? That's literally what I am doing right now. Plus coolroms for extra simultaneous downloads.

PREP THAT ASSHOLE BIGBOY
you will have to pull duty as a wannabe wavemaster. I'm pretty sure theres a set that can give you resurrect as a spell, or drag along one of the other twin blades and make them do it. Fuck I need to beat this series already.
I've been playing it since I was in 8th grade and due to different factors I just never got around to making my way through all the discs. But now I can.

I'm wishing my PS2 and my entire collection wasn't destroyed in a recent flooding incident.

Enjoy AC5, user, it's very good. I have to make do with Vector Thrust on my PC as I deal with the enormous depression and loss.

At the point I'm at, I'm only just getting access to equipment that grants multitarget healing (of only 150 HP), and have had none that include revival or status purging spells. I assumed those would come later, but I'm about ten or more hours in now, and the lack of them is fairly noticeable.

Also been taking some getting used to having your abilities tethered to equipment. Reminds me of how weapons in Tales of Vesperia had skills equipped to them, but at least with that game you could permanently learn the skills through usage (and then cough up the required SP to have them active without needing that equip always on). I suppose maybe I had the wrong expectations there though; was kind of imagining that each class in .hack might get their own brand of skills and spells. And to some degree, they do in how weapons have particular ones that only that class can use (like the "Dance" abilities Twin Blades have), but still. Makes trying to find proper upgrades for characters a bit annoying; hard enough to get equipment certain characters need to drop, but then whether or not they're worth using seems more dependent on what skills are gained or lost.

Not sure what you're on about, emuparadise has a fairly big PS2 roster. That said, they don't have everything. In some cases, like for games prepatched with text translations or undubs, I've had to use The ISO Zone and Nicoblog.

Ouch. Reminds me of that user that lost everything in a fire his neighbor started.

Have you been data draining fags a lot? You can get some killer equipment from that. I found I never really had a issue with kitting my nerds out

Ive been playing AC5, fantastic so far.

I lost a pilot, is the Demon going to come out of Nagase?

I have (mostly for Virus Cores, which I've heard I ought to get a few dozen A, B, and C cores now as they're harder to get on the later games), but it's predominantly been vendor trash I'm getting: most of it has been too low level to be useful for Kite or his allies (as in, the gear is nowhere close to the same level range as the field in question), and in some cases where it would be useful, the loss of certain skills doesn't make up for what's gained. Beyond that, I've had to weigh between draining enemies for cores/items, and leaving them alive so Kite and friends can actually level reasonably fast.

As of now, I'm actually using a set of blades on Kite that weren't even a drop or drain reward; rather, Mistral apparently had them in her inventory, and I traded her for them. They're only level nine though, and right now Kite's level fifteen (next required dungeon is recommended 20, incidentally). Haven't found anything more his own level yet. I don't think Blackrose is much better off; heavy blade weapons haven't been dropping or draining often for me, and the latest one I found I sacrificed to get Sanjuro's info, so Blackrose can't exactly utilize it.

I enjoyed Rumble Racing despite it being pretty generic.

Yeah about that. Mines is out of order and i have to get a new dvd belt or send it to some repair shop. Cause my original system's is good as dead!

Yeah. It's a really, really bad situation, considering that my game collection was the only possession I really cared about. Now I'm not sure what to do because a lot of my games were so old that brand new copies aren't available anymore, and I have very severe OCD which holds me back from getting used copies. My PC is good enough for PS2 emulation, but I've always enjoyed collecting games as much as playing them, and not having a physical copy makes it feel kind of hollow.

Not exactly, but you will get a replacement pilot soon.

Probably a good thing, too, because Nagase's demon is scary as fuck.

Yeah i got him already, 10/10 game so far.

Yuke blood will flow like rivers.

unless you go for completely hard drive using route.

Actually, false alarm I suppose. Turns out that field is locked and I need some Q Cores before I can get in there. Well, still a good reason to get Blackrose geared better before then.

Yeah, my games, anime, computer, and external drive (got a lot on there, even stuff from clear back to 2006 halfchan that I've managed to salvage over the years when I've had to switch out drives; different times, and it's interesting to see them again when I go digging) are really all I have as far a physical goods I care about. Thankfully, where I live, the climate is stable. No snow, hurricanes, tornados, flooding, earthquakes, etc. Just hot much of the year.

Lower the OCD a bit if you ask me. I don't mind preowned, as long as its complete copies in good condition, and the price is still decent (patience is a virtue that can pay off by saving your wallet; love finding a $40+ for half or less). I don't mind emulating, or using loaders, for games that are too expensive though (like playing .hack right now). Also, I do hope you mean having actual copies of games you enjoy playing or are interesting in playing, as opposed to being the sort that wants a "full set" (which for the PS2 would be insane).

are you talking about open ps2 Loader? Yeah I don't plan on doing that any time soon.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Definitely just games I'm actually interested in. I don't feel any need to have copies of games I'll never play just so I can say "Yeah, I own every PS2 game ever made." I'm also not the type to buy one copy for actual use and another to keep on a shelf, still in the shrink wrap. I just like having cases, manuals, and box art in addition to the game itself.

Getting a Saturn, Dreamcast, or PS2 offers far more entertainment value at a much lower price than new consoles. It's a simple fact and that means companies will start to buy the old machines to destroy them as the US attempted to destroy better older cars that didn't have OBD's on them. Sony and M$ have so much invested in this liar for fire shit show they are going to get desperate.

Yeah, I hear you. I like to actually play what I buy (and thus I generally do some research on what it is). I do still have some sealed games for various systems, but that's mostly due to those having been reprinted copies anyhow (where they ship out sealed), and I'm just keeping them like that until I do get to them.

The good news is that if you ever do get back into picking up stuff for the PS2, most of the library is still reasonable to downright cheap. There's certainly exceptions, and a number of games have been climbing, but whether that is likely to affect you probably depends on what games you're into in the first place. Just do try to store them somewhere a flood's not liable to reach them, especially if you know in advance that it's coming (maybe get some plastic containers and put them high up?).

Has that really been happening, or even being seriously discussed by the big names, at least as far as games go? Worst I've heard is Gamestop destroying old games once they could no longer stock them (something about avoiding taxes on unsold merchandise that is destroyed), though obviously that's not a game/system producer themselves, and since they started to stock older games on their online store now, I'm not even sure if they'd destroy games at this point.

I mean, I can get that they could like the idea of removing older games from being able to compete with current QUALITY, or to make people buy them again as VC or PSN digital rereleases, but it still seems rather farfetched to me.

Honestly it doesn't matter since all the golden oldies are easily emulated even on toasters.

But it's a good sign if they actually do that, it means that the monopoly is on it's way to being broken.

this is not true

Dreamcast works fine, with PS2 emulators all you have to do is jiggle the settings, We have the Dolphin for the Gamecube and Wii, the Snes, gameboy aka all the pixel stuff is easy as shit on your comp, all we have left is the original Xbox to go I think.

Any other consoles i'm missing? I'd appreciate input besides "this is not true", because honestly this shit is unhelpful and frankly if you have nothing else to say it sounds like the talk of a shill.

saturn, n64, ps2 still needs a lot of work.

I've always felt for a chart like that, it would be helpful to break it into different categories. So you have your standard JRPGs (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest), your JRPGs with weird battle systems (Baten Kaitos, Paper Mario), your JRPGs with unique settings (Tales series), your JRPGs which break from the formula, etc.

Most of the time, it's a general "this is good" or "this is worth your time" rather than even a small amount of detail which would inform people looking to get into the genre, or familiarize themselves with it.

same user
Finally got it up and running! It's fucking awesome. This thing hasn't played games in around 10 years. I only loaded MoH: Frontline to test it out 15 years ago, a friend brought his PS2 over and we played this and Driver 2 all night long. Best memories. but it works.

I've got an issue if anyone can help me troubleshoot. I have a 500gb drive and it only showed 125gb available in Winhiip after formating. I used the 48bit hd loader setting (or whatever that is where you select between 24/48-bit something).

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve8scxL6ySA

Yeah, I'd certainly try to make sure to include some proper descriptors to give people an idea of what to expect, along with perhaps an actual description of the game/series, provided there's space. Issue is, there's numerous series that have even more numerous games within them, some of which being spinoffs which naturally don't follow the standard for the main series, and combined with stand alone titles, that's a lot to try to cover in an image (and if moonspeakers opted to get involved, then it would stand to get even larger), even on a site that allows for larger uploads like we have here. Multiple images could be more ideal, but if those wind up needing updating, it's more of a hassle to move shit across multiple images compared to sticking with just one. And as stated before, there's the issue in regards to input and consensus on what should and shouldn't be there. I suspect the amount of space needed between games and potential descriptions might have been the very reason why half/vg/ had opted to go more for a google doc (in a tabled/celled format) route, though it still doesn't explain why they'd only allow for forty-five games on the actual image itself, especially since good series that could have warranted more awareness were so readily left off. It's not as if it was anywhere near encroaching on a filesize limit (even with halfchan's having been smaller) at only a few hundred kilobytes either.

As far as advice on getting into JRPGs in general goes, I've written and posted a copypasta I've made in the past in some threads when the topic has come up, which other anons have said to be pretty decent as far as basics go. Of course, there's always room for appending it further, and it doesn't exactly go indepth on a game to game, or series to series basis (general idea was to provide some decent starting places and give awareness for various games/series out there if people wanted to look further), but it is what is.

From what I've heard from anons in prior threads, WinHIIP can have some issues in regards to drives larger than (I want to say) 250gb. Supposedly, another option for installing games, HDL Dump (or HDL Dumb; it seems to exist as both files), has better compatibility on the whole than WinHIIP, but in my experiences trying to find information on how to use it isn't the easiest task (I would wager WinHIIP is what people have had more experience with and thus guides are more readily available for it). I myself haven't had experience with it just yet. Perhaps some other user can explain it better.

Also, a general tip I've noticed when putting games on my own drive: For better compatibility with your PC during the transfer and installation process, make sure the drive is powered up before connecting to the computer. It's very aggravating to be installing a big file only for it to crap out part way through, and I notice that the drive being powered up before connecting to the computer (as opposed to connecting to the computer and then connecting it to a power source) has a much lower chance of the computer losing the connection partway through.

I wish there was some solid list of what works and what doesn't work on all the PS2 models when playing copied games and imports.

Mine is scph-90001, and I've had no success yet. Do I really have to buy Swap Magic (or that 007 Under Fire game?) or a mod chip?

If you're going to play copied games, you need a way to subvert the copy protection. If you're playing import games, you need a way to subvert the region locking.

I used to know of a series of forum posts that actually had a roster of what games had issues or outright wouldn't work on various models. However, that was for official PS1 and PS2 discs rather than burned ones (because apparently some PS2 games weren't actually properly usable with particular PS2s), and when I went back to try to find it later, it's like its been purged from the internet.

I want to say that you can buy memory cards online with it already on there, or find a group where you send your card and money for shipping to them and they'll copy the files for you, but I could be wrong.

Actually, scratch that. Forgot Swap Magic was an actual disc. Thought you were asking about Free Mc Boot there.

A Swap Magic disc essentially tells the PS2 that what you have is a legit game for your region, and then tells the system to stop spinning the disc, allowing you open the system up and replace the Swap Magic disc with the one you want to run, allowing you to bypass the region lock. However, in addition to the disc, you'd also need a means to manually open the PS2's disc tray. I think fats needed a slide card, while with the slims there was some plastic you could replace part of the system's casing with, or something.

Been finding it easy to just use an IDE drive set up to run PS2 games via loaders as a way to bypass both the region locking and the system looking to see if you have a legitimate disc.

Manually opening the disc tray is the easy part. I stuck a lollipop stick and a paper clip into two little sensors in the tray. It thinks it's closed, so I can keep it open and swap out discs while its running. The problem is I can't get my copied .dot hack//Quarantine copy to actually play. It either jumps to the red 'not a PS2 game' screen and the disc stops spinning or remains black and the disc spins with the laser reading the exact same spot near the middle forever.

Isn't the IDE drive method only for the fat model? Mine is slim. (polite sage for doublepost.)

You might need Free Mc Boot on the memory card for that, but I'm not certain. I'd also have to double check if Swap Magic only bypasses the region code check (with the assumption that you're indeed playing a legit copy of a foreign game) or subverts both the region check and copy protection. Wonder if they still have a site around, given how long it's been since the PS2 itself was current.

I don't know that much about burning games to discs, but as a thought, you might also want to double-check what format of discs particular games were printed on. The PS2 apparently had three different print formats: CD-Rom (which had blue undersides), DVD-Rom, and DVD-9. Not sure if it would affect things, but maybe it's looking for the game on the proper disc format? Wikipedia seems to have purged its list of DVD-9 PS2 games, but checking a backup source, I don't see any .hack games listed.

Yeah, fat only, since you need the expansion bay and adaptor to connect it to the system. I'm just saying that it's been an easier means of doing what I need than swapping discs every time I want to start playing something, or burning them too.

I just found an old PS2 in my closet. 2 memory cards and nothing else. It's a fat ps2, probably from 2004. What can I do with it?

Get a network adaptor and an IDE HDD. Download video games, put them on the hard drive, and profit.

Do you get to bang radiators?

God bless the PC for making this possible.

Yup. PCSX2 ftw.

1. Your collection sucks
2. Learn to buy cases, you mongoloid retard
3. Kill yourself, faggot

Completely worth replaying the same 007 Everything or Nothing level repeatedly.

I like the PS4.

WE
RUNZ
EMULATAS
N SHEIIIIIIIT

Goodly portion of my so-called Playstation (2 and up) collection, not that I play much of it. Reupload due to EXIF faggotry dicking up the orientation.

This
Getting mine setup now and it's neato. Also, get a Dualshock 2. DS1 Doesn't work with a lot of games. Turn one mem card into free mcboot so you can launch hdloader/opl from home screen instead of having to scroll through your hdd.

Or the Logitech wireless PS2 controller. Everyone says it's amazing but will cost about $25-30. The sticks are too close together on standard DS2 for comfortable play with FPSs.

You should get an Atari too. Completely leftist free

Currently playing Steel Lancer Arena International. Just bought my first mech - a Kojima Proton. Low armor, high speed. Came with a samurai steel sword, smg, grenade launcher, and rocket launcher.

Odd. So I reconnected my drive to my computer to load more ISOs and a pop-up said it was automatically fixing errors in my index and now it reads the full 500GB instead of 125GB.

Really fucking hating these fights in .hack with multiple rezzer enemies. Kill one (or anything else in those battles), and the other just resurrects them back to full health. At least you can strategically drain one and keep it alive but unable to act and kill the other one, and technically I've been finding them in a restricted dungeon, but I have to question how a party without Kite would be supposed to deal them. Just kill both rezzers at the exact same time?

But the PS2 has good games and the 2600 mostly doesn't.

Also still having trouble finding all that decent of upgrades, even data draining. I mean, I can manage to get the occasional armor piece that's higher level than the character that can use it is, but with weapons the party is basically approaching level 30, and has still been stuck using weapons suited for level 10s, maybe the occasional level 16 or so [Rare] at best. Is that normal in comparison to the average level for armor finds in the late Infection fields/dungeons, or am I doing something wrong?

My current rare on Kite (some lightning blades I think I got from draining one of those rezzer things) seem to work reasonably well on some enemies, but others, like Queen Harpies, are ridiculously tough to try to hit with him. I don't see any lightning tolerance on them either. Admittedly I've been slightly leery of replacing some of his armor though, as I'm not sure the passive stat boosts make up for losing valuable active skills, but I'm not sure if it's an issue specific to that type of enemy, or if its a sign his accuracy is in the shitter compared to where it should be.

Welcome to the world of JRPGs.

Please do not enjoy your stay.

Mah nigga.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game, I'm just wondering what's up in regards to weaponry levels and if ones that are roughly half my party's own levels is what I'm meant to be using at this point.

(checked)
I see Summoner and Summoner 2 at my local store all the timeā€¦ Worth picking up?

Also whose fucking idea was it to make Two Towers single player?

I tried that the other day and though it was meh. I'm looking for an RPG to play on the ps2, need to be guuuud. Any suggestions?

also, I forgot to add, are you trading with the npc's? I just can see how you are having trouble kitting nerds out. Maybe I didnt pay much attention to it when I played.

Was this user trying to be clever?

I've been trading amongst party members; some have had decent stuff at times, but others (I notice it with Blackrose especially) never seem to keep much trading fodder on them (though her speed charms are welcome). Non-recruitable "players" seem to want specific items I don't have for what they're willing to trade, and it seems like trying to keep track of who has what and wants what would be rather annoying. Still, I think I'll give it more looking into, as I figure I need to get more virus cores now that I'm at Infection's postgame anyhow.
I tried raising another Iron Grunty with the idea he'd have the same items, but that fucker just flew off instead of sticking around for a second to at the very least trade with.

What all have you given a go thus far RPG-wise, and what are your gameplay preferences (turn-based, real time, traditional, tactics/strategy, etc)? Might be able to provide some suggestions

Also, maybe it's just the version of the loader I'm using, but is .hack supposed to have voiced combat dialogue? Seen a few clips from IMOQ with characters saying what abilities they're using as they use them, but when I've been playing I've only heard general sound effects (grunts upon taking damage, etc).

Decided to scrap my Kojima Proton and go to the other end of the spectrum with the American Stars Hartman line. Heavy armor seems more viable than ninja shit. My strategy on New York and London is to camp a spot where I can see the ammo/health drops. I activate optical camoflauge, jew the goods, then slip back to my perch. Main weapons are missiles, plus a chain gun for plinking.

How far did you get in Steel Lancer Arena International?

I can't find this for sale anywhere, anyone know where I can find out more about the company that made it? Or can anyone suggest a similar carrying case?

web.archive.org/web/20020925135322/http://play-pak.com/

Ar Tonelico worth playing? I'm on Ar Nosurge right now.

Huh, haven't seen a travel case like that, at least one that lets you play right out of the case. You planning on lugging a PS2 around a lot, or just wanting somewhere to store it when not in use? Either way, I wouldn't expect much, if any, travel cases to still be actively produced for them at this point. Might be stuck looking at the aftermarket for anything.

I've got a G-Pak case for my fat PS2; family member saw it cheap at a yard sale and bought it on a whim since they knew I had the system. Good for taking the system places if I need to (like moving, or if I do need to bring it to a friend's house), but you can't play directly out of the case. Also don't think it has disc pockets (or whatever you want to call the section on the fold out in that image), but it's been a while since I checked.

I've heard decent stuff about Ar Tonelico and AT2, moreso the latter. NISA shat the bed hard with the second game's official western release though. However, a full fan-retranslation patch has been completed and released, which to my knowledge is considered an all around improvement both to the English script, bugfixes, full JP audio (NISA one cut about half the lines of the JP dub), and reimplemented content.

Yes. The dives are also more interesting in the Ar Tonelico games than in Ar Nosurge. Also skits during synthesis instead of stupid dancing.

paper mario TTYD
SSBM
not sure if there were any other exclusives

Yeah, I was certain that the company that made them went under in the last decade. I originally saw a review of this in a 2001 issue of NextGen Magazine, and they gave it a high review score. Being the collectorfag that I am, I couldn't resist looking. I've checked eBay, Amazon, Google Shopping, etc and found nothing even closely resembling it for sale.

Whenever I look up the company name, Division-I, I get swarmed with results for sportsball or that shitty Tom Clancy game.

Hell, I can't even find results for similar Pelican cases that were reviewed in the same issue, or even the non-Sony PSOne LCD screen attachments.

I found an old website link that cross linked to Play-Pak's (at the time) official website. Looks like the domain got bought out and redirects to a site advertising electronic fast food menu displays now.

Anyhow, you might want to consider checking out local independent game stores; some of them might keep some travel cases around. I know how it is to get annoyed about discontinued accessories though. Still wish I could have gotten one of those SNES-to-Wii controller adaptors.

Mother fucking Rogue Squadron II. Best Star Wars game of all time. Launch title too, and the visuals still really hold up.

Had the worst multiplayer levels tho. "Block Fort" feels like a ripoff compared to the N64 map.

I found a serial number!

connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/4479909/pack-makes-good-fit-ps2

I've been looking for this all day and I think I'm getting closer. If only I could get some assistance from the Bureau of Memetic Warfare on this one.

I've dug even further and found other articles talking about the Division-1 Play-Pak Playstation 2 carrying case, this time using my local community college library search engine.

Pretty sure it's not Holla Forums at this point finding those damn flags; more likely /hwndu/ since they seem to have made their own board for capture the flag. Holla Forums seems to find the continued Shia shit humorous, but would rather they not use Holla Forums as a base for it.

Anyhow, I'm sure there's some out there, but perhaps people don't place enough value on them to sell online as preowned goods. Again, I'd consider checking local independent game stores, or perhaps multimedia shops as well.

Okay, I guess I am expected to use underleveled weapons throughout afterall.

Man, PS2 looks like absolute ass on my moniter through the HDMI adapter. Tried God of War in progressive scan which was decent, but man do 480i games look like shit. On my CRT, the picture is 2x or 3x better.

UC mode has some crazy shit in it.

I have to wonder how hard it was to translate from the Japanese script of the game, if the effect was the same there (basically, sentence is legible read aloud, but in text is fucking gibberish). Or maybe whoever did the English script got lucky and was provided a mixture of both the garbled script and what was actually meant to be said to make it easier on them?

That's what you get for buying a cheap HDMI adapter and not an upscaler which is what you really need to make the signal ready for a modern TV. Also given you said 480i I'm guessing you're using, god help you, composite. You can make the system look considerably better on your monitor but it's going to cost you. Or you could stick with your CRT.

Could depend on his TV. I've heard other anons before saying that more recent HDTVs don't support composite or component input anymore. Granted, I can't personally speak on that (my HDTV is old enough that all three input formats are supported), so that could be wrong.

Is it possible to find good condition dualshock 2s?

The Dives in Ar nosurge are very interesting on their own, as they only take a different approach when it comes to developing the characters, not to mention they are the only way to get some insight into why the characters act the way they do for people who didn't play Ciel, which considering how Ar's release was, would be the larger majority of the players.

And you're completely ignoring the fact that Ar nosurge also has synthesis skits of its own and done in the same way Ar tonelico 2 does. It's not like the dancing replaced those.