1 week, 1 vidya - Thread #1 The Suffering

The purpose of this thread is to have a new game to play roughly every week so that we can discover new stuff and talk about it.
This week we're going to try The Suffering.

Magnet link :
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E6067C381C55E715812A550104F1949CEECBAB8D&dn=the+suffering+pc+eng+full&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce

1.1 patch and the associated crack are included in the torrent. There doesn't seem to be any problems running it on a modern setup.

It's a third person shooter/horror that takes place in a prison. It was published my Midway (rip) so expect a mid-budget game.

There's a hack at wsgf.org/dr/suffering/en

The games in these threads aren't stuff that a large number of folks on Holla Forums have played and also games that I haven't played for more than an hour personally, at some point there is going to be a something that isn't going to be great and that not many will enjoy.

Archive of previous threads :
archive.is/wTk5B - Valdis Story : Abyssal City

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-suffering---ties-that-bind-proper/
volafile.io/r/9maj99ag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How spoopy is it?

Well, I played it last halloween with a friend. Starts out as pretty decent horror, then becomes more of a straight action game with neat visuals. Only big flaws I saw was that some fights could get pretty long and tedious, and that some of the portals to hell were devious cunts that could force you to reload if you didn't figure out the puzzle to closing them. Pretty solid on the whole, can recommend.

It's quite spooky. As the title suggests, the atmosphere is really hellish and bizarre. A few jumpscares here and there (mostly as figments of imagination, not real enemies), but the atmosphere isn't cheap at all. The enemy design and lore are better than Silent Hill, I'd say.

It's consistently a straight action game.

There is a clear difference between the beginning when your gun is a luxury, the environments are more closed, and the fights sparse but intense, and the rest of the game where ammo is plentiful and you mow down legions of monsters.

Was literally just playing this on the xbox original like 10 minutes ago. Probably one of my all time favorites along with it's sequel.

Definitly does a good job of conveying gore and action in a realistic manor given the hardware limitations at the time. Also has cool supernatural enemies and minor puzzles that bring the environment to life. There is also psychological trauma mixed in with the main character and those surrounding him, and it is interesting to see the various reactions to the death and carnage around them.

The monster archives and mystery surrounding Carnate Island are also pretty fun to read about.

I don't know why I make mistakes like this.

If anyone needs a link to Ties That Bind get it from here
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/the-suffering---ties-that-bind-proper/
But I recommend finishing The Suffering first since it somehow breaks it

It's a shame every AA publisher died last gen, even if it wasn't great some of the stuff Midway published was alright.

I loved this game when it came out. I bet it's still good. I remember it having some length to it too, loved the switching between first and third person too. Good thread concept too.

The Suffering

The Suffering 2

fuck 2, they ruined the IP and im glad they're dead. they probably called it suffering 2 because you can only carry 2 weapons.

Thanks for helping me figure out what game I'm gonna play on my XBOX now that I finished Scarface. I was just gonna wait until Fable 1 was done downloading, but this works.

Torque more like dork

killed so hard they froze in that position

play it on PC you dummy, its better since you dont have to aim with a fucking controller

I Just wanna be comfy with my feet on a stool, man.

good luck aiming with a shitpad then

Thanks, but I might end up playing on PC anyway. The XBOX HDD ready torrent collection is significantly slower than the magnet link OP gave out. I wish I had the space available so I could just seed that whole think myself. That XBOX ISO collection is half dead.

Use a wiimote.

hey OP, are thinking of doing this threads with emulator games too or only PC?
there are a bunch of NES/SNES/GENESIS games that a lot of people never heard of and are very good gems.

Yeah emulators are fine too as long as the information necessary to run it is in the OP, next thread or the thread after that I'll probably start something where the user in charge of making the thread changes regularly so that we can have some more variety in the games suggested.

So every Saturday along with the horror thread? I'm THE guy when it comes to horror games, so chances are I'll chip in something spooky some time. Great idea for a thread.

are you one of those podcast faggots who are desperate to socialize on the internet because they can't have it in real life?

Yeah something like that as long as the board isn't too fast, doesn't have to be every saturday too just roughly one week.

I wanna talk about video games but whatever floats your boat.

how about you talk about videogames then? dont announce that you're going to talk about videogames at x day and y time, thats practically virtue signaling in imageboard format.

it sure does. there are a little kinks, though.

To anyone considering playing it, it is more immersive when you play it predominantly in first person mode. Also higher difficulties simply make enemies bullet sponges that can kill you faster.

I would much prefer that to he issue that I have with it
Worked perfectly fine with no problems whatsoever on the first time playing it but afterwards refused to launch no matter what was done, even uninstalling and then removing any left-over files didn't fix it

The launcher/game takes a while to load for me, are you sure you're not waiting long enough?

Define "a while"

Any way to play this with both the crack and widescreen fix, since they're both exe files that replace the original?

Longest it took for me was about a minute. I should also note that the screenshots I took don't give the problem service. It completely covered the foreground, blocking my view of everything. If you're doing a manual uninstall, don't forget to delete the registry files as well.

Maybe the hack is also the crack? If not, I'd assume you could combine them? or see if the .exe just starts with different parameters. I know that's how you can set a custom resolution in Dungeon siege.

Well for me it took over 20 minutes and it still didn't launch, the process simply ran idle in the background.

I assume you already tried restarting and compatability mode?

Yes

I really don't see any other way than fully emulating/installing XP, or playing the console versions with your choice of XBOX or PS2. maybe you can find another solution in some random forum, but that's all I got, other than doing a manual uninstall (deleting game folders, shortcuts, & registry entry) & making sure you have it updated to the latest version.

Some of the visial glitches are pretty amusing

Is the MC supposed to be black ? Kek, dude is almost whiter than me.
Also was that stuff with the electric chair supposed to be a puzzle ? I feel like a retard for not being able to solve it if that's the case.

The electric chair is a boss fight later into the game, not a puzzle. You keep getting zapped by going to those things at the wall because you need those for the fight.

the first game is decent and the second game is trash

Mike Nichols (Artist): "We didn't really want a character that looked of any particular nationality or race. He really is almost Neanderthal in appearance. He's very primal. We wanted that strength to come through."

I see, thanks. Missing something in a video game really triggers my autism. It's also why I hate collect-a-thons.

13 years later and this mindset in completely lost in character design, what a damn shame.

too bad the second game is full of sjw nonsense

That's too bad. I feel like most franchises either die early or continue long enough to turn to shit. As much as I want another Medievil game I dread to see what a current year game of that could look like.

this is what it'd look like

It may not be good, but I highly doubt a game made in 2005 contains any cancer of the current year. You've likely become so annoyed with the cancer that you're finding it in places that aren't there.

I like this idea of playing games together.
I always wanted to do something like this.

The sequel wasn't that bad to be honest, unless you played on anything but easy, since they made enemies even bigger bulletsponges.

You better be looking into every single surveillance monitor then, since the vast majority always have something interesting happening.

Trying this again, eh? I hope it goes better this time. I may join in again if so.

It's true that the PSP game was pretty bad but at least it tried to be faithful to the PSX games for the most part. I feel like nowadays when people try to dig up an old IP then feel like they've "outgrown" it and now need to make something for the adults or try to appeal to a new audience when the old one never went anywhere in the first place so they try to completely change the formula.

I wish I was, they shoe horned in some backstory which all about how the MC got into some shady shit since he couldn't support his family which are all black so they're always popping up every fucking chance they get at how the MC was a bad person for wanting better for his family because he worked for someone actually psychotic who set it up to make it seem like he killed his own family and those awful white pig police not believing or investigating it properly because police are always corrupt and then there's the religion of peace segment while there's a boss chasing you who was a slaver which goes after blacks then of course the strong independent don't need no man, girl who hired "incompetent" men mercenaries who she has to always shit on because they're not trained or equipped to handle fucking deamons, oh and there's lots of other shit I'm missing out on here

2007 is when the cancer was visible, this shit started with the 60s mate

if you consider that trying then I suppose so but you're not wrong there either

I should've turned sound cache buffering on, it's getting annoying with only one or two sounds playing at the maximum.

McFucking kill yourself.

Is it a setting in the launcher ? If so you can have access to it again by using the -setup command on the shortcut.

Yeah. It didn't fix it, though. Turning that on makes everything speeds up the sound to chipmunk levels. I tried emulating EAX after that, which makes the sound ok, but now my whole system locks up after a few minutes of play. I'm just gonna give up running this in modern windows and just keep waiting on the XBOX ISO. the game's fun, but I don't feel like installing XP for it. Besides, All my consoles have been softmodded for this reason. The mouse controls were jittery as hell, anyway.

I have some audio problems too but decided to power through with it since my PS2 is long ded.
I like the game so far, also really puts into perspective how third person shooters went to shit after Gears of War and Uncharted. All we ever get nowadays is whack-a-mole simulators with forced slow walking sequences. All you ever needed for a TPS to be not shit is maneuverability and good feedback when hitting stuff.

Yeah, I like the idea of through your actions, you get to decide whether or not you killed your family, or if you just cracked, like the MC from Falling Down. (at least, that's what I think the three endings are about). Anyway, I just couldn't take it anymore, as the audio was starting to cut on the NPCs.

What framerate is the game running on?
I have the same problem with Ties that Bind where new dialogue starts while the original one isnt finished yet and I have the sneaking suspicion that its caused by a high framerate

I don't really keep track of that, but I suppose from how it was it was a smooth 60fps. And by cut, I mean there was no audio whatsoever. the launcher falsely detected that I could only play one sound at a time. That limitation got more noticeable over time.

After some searching missing audio seems to be a common problem and a fix seems to be to disable/untick the 3D Sound Buffers option in the setup menu
Maybe that helps?

Of course that solves the problem of no audio playing in-game, but ut doesn't fix the problem fully. It dosen't really matter anymore, The download from emuparadise is halfway done at this point, and the game is fun enough to replay all the progress that I'll lose when playing on a different platform. I just won't be able to take screenshots.

Well, I got the XBOX version loaded up, and it includes bonus content, such as the dev interview that referenced. The whole thing is interesting, with awkwardly censored logos to boot. and a short documentary of how old US prisons worked.

I offer you this game for the next thread. It's basically proto-STALKER atmosphere/design-wise, but more of a regular FPS with tactical elements gameplay-wise, and also optional 2 player coop. Allegedly it's difficult to get working right on modern systems, but I'll look into it later.

Bumping for the night

I agree on the last part of your post. I think one of the stuff that pissed me the most was Jagged Alliance : Back in Action.

What's the fucking point ? Who was this game made for ?
More recently Dead Rising 4

Good job guys, really fires up the ol' neurons.

The only change that wasn't a mistake.

DELET THIS

Kek. I thought I was the only one who liked Crepitus, seems there is at least two of us.

Just end my life now

also had a fucking heart attack at the jumpscare right before that with the wife behind bars

I wouldn't call it a jumpscare, since the game punishes you for exploration by default

Just run past that. I know your instinct compels you to kill them all, but it's just not worth it. The game breaks it's own logic at that point anyway and you can run right past the fire blocking your way, every other time you try, you die.

If I remember correctly, you can simply extinguish it by firing at the fire extinguisher right next to the fire.

Well, I didn't know that. Hey, Am I supposed to jump on the tesla Coil to get to the last camera for the first boss fight? You don't have to tell me how to get there; a simple yes or no answer will suffice. I'm just having a bit of trouble destoying it, and lobbing dynamite sticks isn't working.

By first boss fight do you mean the warden or Horace?

Nevermind. One change to first person later I found something that I previously overlooked.

I meant Dr killjoy, The sheriff seems more like a midboss with how easy he is.

The Warden*

Damn, I thought I'd be done by tonight, but it looks like I still have a few chapters left, And I don't feel like losing any more sleep than I already am. I really hope that there's an overview of the carnage committed on the island.

island during the credits*

Character was intentionally designed so his ethnic background is unclear according to the developer commentary that came with the original.

Wow seeing all of this stuff clearly compared to my old TV puts a new perspective on how this stuff looked. I never got a clear look at any of the monsters when I played the game so half of this shit is equal parts intriguing and disappointing. The scariest part for me was the Hangman because I somehow managed to stumble my way past all the blood stains on the ceilings until one unfortunate incident. Then a I grew paranoid of the ceilings.

The pimp was just disturbing and I never took the Hunter seriously in the second game.

Been going through it on Impossible, starting to seem like a bad idea already with how much damage I take from one hit.

Yeah dropping the difficulty was the right choice. Now its a decent action game instead of a really shitty horror game. Sad that its like this. Will talk more about what I wish the game was like when I finish.

Still its hilarious to play it as the biggest asshole and having your dead wife scream "I WISH I NEVER MET YOU" after shooting a death row inmate in the head that you KNOW was going to die anyway in 5 minutes in what's probably a much worse death.

Also screenshot function doesn't work, but on my second time I realized you can just walk past the turret sheriff and hide in an alcove until you finish off the rest of the guys. Would've made the first run much easier. Oh well I didn't get much further than this on impossible anyway.

The only times the game gets a little scary is when they thow cheap jumscares at you for staying in one place for too long.

Hell yeah, I fucking love the Suffering.

Agreed. Monsters taking on the form of the method used to execute them was a pretty sweet monster design idea. I particularly liked the Marksmen and the Creeper from the second game.

I also love the fact that Slayers, since they were beheaded, aren't actually killed by headshots but instead enraged. Fuck Killjoy's machine reviving them though.

did they make this game technically "free" as in freely downloadable and playable as long as you maintain an only connection for those ads.

Yes.
Another game by Midway that does this is Area 51, which you can only play for free with a connection in the US due to the US Airforce taking the rights for it.

Well, I beat the game. After looking up the other two endings (I got good) I'd say that the neutral ending would be more in tune with the whole theme of this game, with The Island being so full of sin that once you came on, the apocalypse decided to come early for the place. Those inferno children were a bitch to kill and left me with not enough ammo to feasibly help those three inmates out of the cave. I got stuck twice, but those times were more just me being retarded and not thinking hard enough more than anything. The best thing was noticing how stable the XBOX version was compared to the PC version. I'm not even sure if it was because of running it in modern windows was the fault for some issues, with the textures flipping out, and one NPC being completely frozen in place, and another falling right off the map, even when he was on solid ground. The trend of "XBOX has the best multiplats" has not been proven wrong yet.

Thanks, those were fucking awesome.

Too bad they recycled designs for the second game, I was not particularly impressed by those glowing little fuckers when they were orange instead of green or "lol giant SHADOW MALEFACTORS isn't that SPOOKY PLAYER?!?!?!". My favorite design though, if I were to chose, is the suppressor since I like monsters that flip the whole "light equals safety" staple.

I never really liked the arsonists from 2 though, can't really put my finger on why.

I kinda wish I didn't since looking back on it, it was fucking awesome and a very special game, but fuck me, freezing during saving? guh

Probably because they ignite you when you get in touch range and the only way to stop the burning damage (which drains your health pretty fast) is to roll, but that cant be done when fighting the metal version

You could have started with something good

Also call me a skeptic but this seems like an easy plant to track people's IP's and issue copyright notices and fake money requests

Oh, share all you want. Also I question the quality of a game where they give up the IP after 8 years

Here you go, the (YOU) you've always wanted
Now get out.

wew

I really need to replay Deus Ex so I can webm Dowd saying that paranoia is a drug.

God damn the Nooseman really spooks me. It really feels good blasting the little shits with the shotgun though, I hate those fucking cunts. Thanks for sharing those matey.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have flashing pics every 2 minutes with a sound cue popping on your screen, it's pretty annoying and really bottom tier when it comes to wanting to make something scary or tense.

So what's the next weeks game? With volafile.io/r/9maj99ag having a kind user double uploading 1TB of GOG games there is plenty to choose from.

That sure is a waste. The files would last longer as a torrent.

They are from a torrent, he just decided to take all the ones less then 2.5GB in size and upload them individually. Unless you want to download the whole TB+ Torrent which is one singular download.

I would prefer that. Do you have a magnet link?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c872b434ad3ddc073c5468733b20340a509f4b43&dn=GOG%20Collection&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337%2fannounce

It is 2TB and I'm not downloading it for things I already have myself, hope you enjoy.

The Slayers spook the shit out of me. Reminds me of cockroaches.

there are 1 kind of people in this world: people who zero index, and people who don't.

There can be more than one "the" guy when it comes to horror games, user

really itching to pull the trigger

kek

OP here, my ID probably changed again. Next game is either going to be Outcast 1.1 or Full Bore, I'm hesitating between those two. Outcast was pretty popular at its release but I'm a frog so it's to be expected since the game is French (or Belgian I don't remember), I don't know if many anons played it here; personally I never had the occasion. Can someone weigh in ? Was it popular outside of France ?
I brought up Full Bore in the other thread and it didn't ring any bells so I think it's a safe choice for discovery.

I also considered NEO Scavenger but I don't think it's that obscure so it's probably not gonna be the next thread.

german here
I remember that the game got generally high praise from the gaming magazines at the time, but I myself have not played it and only really know that the german synchro for the protagonist was done by the same guy who is the german voice for Bruce Willis
As for popularity, It was popular enough for people to call it "legendary game"

You started this thread and you're only halfway through the game? dang, man, I'd thought you'd finish it before everyone else.

I was pretty busy this week unfortunately, I have a report to hand out soon and with my daily work out I barely had time to play, what a shame. I'm still planning on finishing the game before the next thread though.

The shit ton of accolades it has also made me kind of weary that this would be a game everyone had played but as far as I can remember, I've only seen it mentioned on Holla Forums once.

So yeah I finally beat the game and honestly there was really nothing I'd call noteworthy about it in the end. Although in hindsight I can definitely say it could have been one of the greatest and most defining games of its time if it had gone in a completely different direction. With the difficulty lowered its basically just a worse Painkiller.

I think if The Suffering had gone for a Dead Rising meets Silent Hill type of deal it could have been absolutely mind blowing. Find a radio and take it with you to solve little incidents and save/punish people. Meet psychos and have at least some that make you question if the monsters are actually monsters or just people who have given into some sort of latent corruption of the ground from the bloody history or whatever. Have the monsters fight each other (like they often do in the game) and try to pit them up against each other. Less monsters like Silent Hill. Solve little puzzles like Silent Hill and read about the prison island and all the crazy shit that went on/is going on. It could be really memorable and interesting. Same size world or similar with some more density and more paths to open up, some paths being really hard/obscure to find. I'd say there's an amazing amount of stuff you could do with just these three as concept pieces.

With fewer enemies around you need to make single combat so deadly that players would want to avoid it (while also enjoying it when it does happen), some better rudimentary melee system could fix that. I personally had great fun trying to shiv the enemies on the hardest difficulty and wished that part would have been developed further. But then the Marksmen appear along with Slayers at the same time and it becomes impossible to play it as anything other than bulletsponge town. Anyway just limiting the firearm/ammo and putting bigger emphasis on melee and not doing the whole "hordes of enemies" thing would work perfectly with what I wanted the game to be like. Beast mode could drain health or something, I dunno. It doesn't need to be removed though, but the point I wanted to make was that beast mode really lends itself to a more intuitive melee system and less focus on firearms like I would want. It just needs to be rebalanced for the change in genre type. Could even make a whole New Game+ or DLC where you can only play as a crazy beast.

Even the "rescue" could be based around you solving a puzzle or gathering specific materials based on the incidents you solve and who you decide to punish/absolve of their sins or something. Drop some files or something to either directly point out (or hint for the more obscure endings) where you can get the materials needed to do X and get away and have one "proper" ending where you beat the final "boss" that is keeping the corruption on the island going. Sequel hook being that you can't kill the corruption, like Silent Hill the corruption just fades for a time.

The whole part of the family and the crime stuff is pretty stupid and gay and I never cared if he was innocent or not. In hindsight just do the Walking Dead thing where its never answered and the player does his own thing and makes his own decision (or doesn't) instead of getting beaten over the head with it is better. The fact that the crime changes in the ending is dumb too and is just going to invalidate the progress of 2/3 players in the sequel if they even make a canon ending. Though I guess the beast ending could be called the joke ending. Anyway if they don't mention it in the sequel I don't want to play then they just spent an entire game focusing on a story that you as developers decided not to care about in the sequel… What the fuck?

Of course in the dream version of the game I just made up there are already multiple endings depending on your escape. If we're going to bring in good/bad/beat into it… well most of them could be done with basic voiceovers about "I saved people/Fuck other people/I'm going to spread the corruption" and/or minor animations. It doesn't take too much to do, but it wouldn't really be a big objective for me to put it in since I think supporting many types of escape could cover that already.

Either way I think the whole "prison island and some corruption breaks loose due to an ancient and bloody history" really begs for a more open and Silent Hill/Dead Rising type experience instead of just being an action game. Especially because quite a bit of the game already seems to lend itself to that. All this being in hindsight since Dead Rising wasn't released at the time of this game's release.

Anyway that's my crazy rambling. Hope you don't chew me out too bad.

If Full Bore is that boar puzzle game I see when I search the name then Outcast 1.1 is definitely my vote.

I agree that when you look at other better games in the genre it's nothing to write home about (although I did enjoy it) but when you look at the state of third person shooters right now it's definitely above average.
The hypothetical game you described would be noice. It's funny because when a shit game like Uncharted or Gears of War is released, people end up copying it into oblivion and there is barely any more variety in the genre from that point but when you have truly innovative, well designed games like God Hand or Dead Rising nobody ends up using the formula to make their own twist on it.

I looked at what it was and it could be a nice little game, looks like the kind of game that everyone will have finished after a couple of days though.
Haven't played Outcast either.

I thought this area had a very nice atmosphere, made me remember how I miss all the goofy halloween/spooky themed stuff like Jersey Devil or Medievil we'd get years ago.

It's not stellar true but is right that I'd still take this over any other cover based third person shooter any day. The genre really did get to shit last gen, there was a few games that tried to get away from the same old tired formula and even as good as they were it didn't spark any change in other devs.

I wouldn't write it off so easily, it looks like it could be a nice surprise (and the OST sounds on point considering what they were going for).
Doesn't matter anyway, I rolled a random number and Outcast is going to be the next thread (I'll make it tomorrow).

Glad to hear you liked the idea.

Well I played it on a lower difficulty so it was a fun horde-shootey game. Nothing wrong with that. I just saw potential and got a little sad.

Your images reminded me that I completely forgot to see if the grave stones were of actual people/development team even though I checked them.

Anyway looking forward to Outcast.

There was a lot to like about this game. Great atmosphere, great setting, a lot of awesome stuff.

Unfortunately, the gunplay was pretty shakey and it's inability to decide if it's action-horror or survival-horror kind of gimped the game in both respects.

Still, The Suffering is definitely worth playing through at least once.

one of the NPCs in this game sounds like one of the civilian/rebel NPCs in Half Life 2.

Outcast.

According to imdb it is the same guy (John Patrick Lowrie)

Is it a secret comedy game ?

Noice, I have to play the sequel when I'm done with the first one.

Dark Comedy probably

All of the special attacks are pretty cool its a real shame that I never used the carnage form or whatever and thus never saw them. Half because I never needed to and then completely forgot about it, half because it would mean going walking melee instead of just blasting things.

Yeah, you also take more damage when in it which makes it especially useless on harder difficulties
However in Ties That Bind you are forced to use it due to the metal versions of monsters that can only be killed by the "monster" form

I remember that part being hard as fuck in the maximum difficulty setting. Ended up being stuck there for a week or two.

Yeah fuck whoever thought that a gauntlet without checkpoints was a good idea

that volafile is nice, but

1. are there any viruses? did anyone check the .exes for spyware?

2. 1 download would take me 5-6 hours, but the link expires tomorrow. what's up with that?

These are all from the May 16th trove dump, straight from GOG in the same torrent I just posted a little ways down. If you don't trust GOG exes that's your call, volafile has a time limit for downloads starting at 4 days. I believe that it won't expire in the middle of downloading.

stop le troll, it takes 50 kb and about 10 minutes to insert a spyware inside an .exe then re-post it on the internet

did ANYBODY check those with any detection program, or open them with a text editor and check the code for any spyware?

so someone will re-add them at some point?

I don't have several terabytes of space because I haven't updated my PC in forever so I hope nobody is expecting us to download all of it.

No, they're all the same files from here like I just already told you, you're just going have to check the .exes yourself since any malware that doesn't trip your firewall is not going to likely be detected unless the user that uploaded it was being lazy.

i dont have one, I'm on linux, but I wasn't referring to malware, but to spyware like the windows 10 screenshot-taking software

telemetry

Go to Holla Forums customer help cyclical and ask for some firewalls and malware (and spyware) detection tools. If it makes you feel better none of the GOG I downloaded and actually checked pinged any warnings and there isn't any mysteriously new open connections on my network coming from my PC I didn't authorize. Half of them already expired though.

if you're on linux maybe you should check the share thread for the linux section of vidya, and go to Holla Forums customer service cyclical to ask for decent linux programs for all your anti-malware and anti-spyware needs. And learning to run .exes in a a sandbox.

Finished the game, the ending was kind of abrupt but I guess they already knew there was going to be a sequel. I hope they didn't do something retarded for the canon ending like in Dead Rising 2 where the canon ending is A instead of S.

I found a magnet for Outcast, I want to check first if it runs properly before making a new bread so it will probably be tomorrow rather than tonight (~12 hours to get rid of the timezone headache).

Eh didn't seem sudden to me. A good part of the last bit was like "turn on the lighthouse to get saved" and then you get to the lighthouse and it has no power, then you turn it on, go to the docks and get saved. So there was a bunch of build up to it.

If it's fine, I could make the new thread? I have a nice choice to wash down all that shootan that's not a walking sim.

Yeah but I guess that's because I was expecting to meet that spic CO again or get to the town before the game ends kek.
Thanks to the user who gave the link for the sequel by the way, I'll get to it at some point.

Wanna do Thread #3 next saturday instead ? I was planning on making it so that every week the OP changes anyway so this is good.

Sure. I'll do thread #3.

The only non-canon ending was the evil ending. Although the good ending was the real one, after the tutorial the game starts out from the neutral ending.

I'm fine with .exes because I learned how to use playonlinux and wine, apparently wine is identical to windows - you just double click the .exe and it simply werks. You also go into terminal, winetricks dlls and download them all and then wine auto uses the necessary ones to make everything work.

I looked up on the internet before installing linux and everyone said there are no viruses on linux, but it's still a good idea, though Holla Forums rarely answers questions in their cyclical. I struggled for 2 weeks to find out why javascript is bad they track your mouse and keyboard movements

For me the entire game is running in 4:3 that's stretched to 16:9, is there any way I can fix that?

the second game is also good, but it had some lighting bugs when i played it