Age of Wushu Thread - Dirty Dings Edition

Age of Wushu Thread

Who wore it better?

>Please don't advertise your discord here/dXBpmZ6

Tangmen if you want to be most useful in group pvp and 1v1s, Shaolin for pure group pvp, Wanderer's Valley for group pvp with an emphasis on easy PVE, Royal Guards for 1v1s with an emphasis on irritating ranged sets. This list is by no means definitive, and subject to change with each new tier.

Recent happenings and agenda:

Other urls found in this thread:

Please
ageofwushu.com/static/201605/wjcl/index.html
dropbox.com/s/g22yt387rxdajao/Age of Wushu.7z?dl=0
en.wulin.webzen.com/News/announcements/1429374/03-05-2017/Age-of-Wulin-changes-publisher-in-Europe
forum.webzen.com/forum/en/age-of-wulin-english/aow-announcements/2247896-age-of-wulin-changes-publisher-in-europe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Please don't advertise your discord here/dXBpmZ6
Rippity rippity.

How alive is age of wulin compared to age of wushu for euro bros?

Scholars because it's the best one

t. a bunch of random nerds talking directly out of their assholes

Nobody knows when t3 is dropping. I don't mind the sluggish content release rate though tbh, it gives newbies a better opportunity to catch up.

i'unno; it was fairly jumpin' last i looked over a year ago. We don't got anyone on there at the moment, if that's your question. Besides, i think most people would rather play on a new(ish) server with less built-up power-whales.

Well, i mean, water flows downhill; T3 is gonna come out eventually, and frankly it's overdue compared to the way Golden Panda progressed.

T3 is coming out tomorrow, the 1st of March.

Start farming those certs.

k so who wants to swap t3 inner pages w/ me? i'm in wudang. Preference given to beggars, scholars, or WV t3

also: what level of first inner do i need to get my third set? i wanted to save on cult by just graduating on my t2 inner, but t3 hit now and i want to have my horse/circle while i level t3 inner
and is taiji sword wudang's 2nd or 3rd set?

If you wern't farming certs from the word go, you're already behind the curve.

Sets are based on power level, not school-specific inners. If you leveled ice chi, you'd be good immediately.

PS 9pal on BD for only 20 ding (600 bux)

Huj actually showed up last thread, so i gotta keep namedropping him. And on that note: PainMcTushy, Junkosama, Hika, Hiwa, user, Baigon, JosePorlip, Maso. Don't think Ringa was from here but i'll mention him anyhow.

Is this game still active despite it's age? Thinking about joining in.

Define 'active'; we got about 20-ish people playing in varying degrees of activity, and WT2 itself has MAYBE 200-300 people throughout the day; BD still has more but probably not by half. It's not as busy as it was when it first launched, nor as concentrated since there's factions and subsects to belong to now, but there's still SOME people playing.

Did any new dailies open up with the tier 3?

Third inner quests, 6/7 school quests, subsect second sets, Wulin book inner pills, i think the Chao Heng NPC has more to trade, ancient sets are available and i think the higher jianghu skills are also up. Probably missing a few things, but i'm not sure what.

Also nados are EXTREMELY WORTH DOING now.

Nados are always worth doing, disabled James Bond; they're just worth MORE now that you can trade in cold frags for extra nado treasure maps. Which is at least one thing i forgot about, so there you go.

I meant because you can trade frags for jianghu inners and skills now. IIRC you couldn't do that before?

I just checked the nado exchange NPC and there's no trade-in qualifications for the frags; there might be an internal period limit on which frags you can get from the nado event itself, but i don't see anything saying otherwise and i never bothered to test it personally. Besides, you need cold/fiery frags to trade shit in, and those are the items you should have been stockpiling if you're super serial about this shit.

fuck nados
worst event

may as well dump this stuff too

How do people even do them? This shit is both hard and annoying.

As someone who's trooped through nados repeatedly, i'll give you some advice: get into a single party and talk to the herbalist at the respawn for buffs; you can also team up for the exquisite chests, but only, i believe, those. Have a yellow/red armor free-move skill like the scholar spin or the BBC twin blade move. Small nados can only toss you once, so if you use an armor move and stand around in it after it's busted it's load, you won't be thrown around (unless another nado sneaks up). Try looking for box cashes outside of the nado clusterfuck; there's usually some, somewhere. If you know it's a nado day, try waiting ahead of time in the desert where the NPCs will spawn to easily grab one and run it to the turn-in spot; if you're fast, you can get more than one. Have a free-move ranged set to run-and-gun in case you end up with multiple assholes you can't just tank; if it's a single guy, you should be able to stand and deliver. On the note of multiple enemies, taichi sword NPCs are worthless because they can only push you around a little; Taichi fist NPCs are easy, just run until they do the rage for no reason and focus on the other guy; scholar kicks NPCs are a pain becuase they'll catch up and get you in a charge; tang GSS NPCs are practically a fail state because of the ranged stun and they WILL use the speed buff before the rage.

And if you fail, remember: you can't cash your way to victory in nados, so the whales are just as miserable as you.

If I picked an internal school and leveled their inner, am pretty much gimping myself if I take an external subsect, right?

Inners are very important to begin with since it's all you have, but as you get treasures, gear, and meridians, their importance starts to fade. More so since the major point of being IN a subsect is to level the second inner (available in fourth internal period) for the reverse meridian (available in fifth internal period). Besides, an inner is more than stats, it's effect and health/energy/internal defense; more over, a fair amount of external sets scale off of brawn AND breath, so your damage won't be gimped too hard, maybe.

You're gimping your damage by like 20% if you use a yanghard inner with a yinsoft set or the reverse. Similarly, using a brawn/dex heavy inner with a internal set that doesn't have those isn't ideal, or a breath heavy inner with an external set. But it's not like it's unplayable, it's just not optimal. Very little of your base damage comes from damage stats, with a couple exceptions. Most of it's from skill level, weapon manuals, and weapon damage.

What you need to do is ask yourself the following question before you pursue a set
If yes, make sure you use a matching inner, or at least one that gets you the 16% bonus.

If all you want out of a set is utility, then don't fret over it.

The Internal-External dichotomy does make you weaker if you try to make an all-rounded character as opposed to focusing strictly on one, sure, but there are plenty of exceptions. Even External Tang would love the ability to shift into the Internal Set Winds of Fury set and nuffen personnel a baka for an unexpected burst of damage.

It is time to tell you the tale of Aang, a man so salty he cucked himself to death

Aang was once a shaolin monk who wanted to spy for something or other in wudang. Being the retard that he is, he exposed himself as a spy right in front of me. The only course of action for me, naturally, was to take up patrol and poop on him, as he was dogpire scum and needed to die. Aang was a salty and dumb man, however, who decided that onsiting and trying to kill me would be the best course of action. As you would expect, he quickly became ded again. The salt began to rise in his veins, so he respawned nearby and pulled out his rg companion. The results were the same. He justified this loss as being a result of him having bad ping. He tried it again, same thing. Tried it again, this time with 2 minute hp pills, and still died. The salt was becoming immense at this point.

His salty rage blinding his better judgment, Aang decided the best course of action would be to keep respawning and trying to kill me, thinking that he would somehow fare better than he did at his best with a companion out. You can imagine how that went. He proceeded to get perfected in a few fights because he's really predictable, and it is here that you can see the salt overload starting to flip the cuck switch in his head. When faced with a foe he obviously could not defeat, rather than accept futility Aang became Justin Trudeau incarnate and decided that the best way to win a fight was to let your enemy kill you over and over again while laughing at him for having superior ability.

It is here that the cuck's projection mechanism begins to take hold. He proceeds to call me out for doing the same thing (killing him) over and over (despite him having to rush out and die over and over for this to be possible) and call me a geek virgin with no life. He also tries to tell me about how I'm wasting my life on this game and I'm taking it too seriously. He also chastises me for trying so hard to kill him, despite me killing him in around 3 or 4 hits. As you can see, this man is having deeply rooted identity issues surrounding his cuck status and failure to win in a chinese p2w mmo.

And the final levels of his projection before the bulb burnt out and he left.

Why live?

When is a good time to leave your school to join a subsect? once I have my 3rd at 20?

One of the big reasons to do subsects is for reverse meridians. In order to unlock those, you need the normal meridian open to 180, which means fifth inner to 30. I'm pretty sure it's retroactive so you can get sect inner leveled and then go get fifth inner opened, but it's something to keep in mind.

So I could basically join a subsect as soon as I can, and then go back to school once am done with the sect? Since T3 just dropped, I imagine that we will be sitting around for a long while waiting for T4, right?

You could, yeah. I don't know if you could pick up the second set or inner from subsects right now, though. Those might require t4 or 5.

T4 is months off, since school fourth sets come first; i suggest you either max out your second/third and martial elder for anyone too impatient to stay in one school while working on your fifth set, or train away to any factions that catch your interest. Once fourth drops, you should pile into the subsect and grind it to max, then keep grinding certs for the inevitable t5/t6 upgrades.

Reverse merids are definitely retroactive; hell, before reverse merids were even properly activated, i betrayed, my second dropped to 15, and it STILL counted as having gotten to 18 for the first reverse unlock. Second subsect sets ARE out now, though i got no idea to what level.

I've done it

I am a fast baka now

I have become the highest ranked fish due to nobody else entering the ranking contest

but deacon is literally the lowest of the ranks

you're right
i'm not sure why i saved the pic as that instead of saint

How to join Holy Water Palace? Is there an RE? Barely any info at all.

The easy way to join any subsect is to join the main school and take whatever quest pops up when you hit spiritually balanced. Outside of that, while i'm sure there's an RE for easier entry, i don't actually know what it is or how to join normally otherwise; i CAN tell you the entry to the subsect scene is at the north and slightly west end of Jiming Posthouse, and there should be something there to give you further details.

I swear i had an NPC location saved at one point, but all my mini-map icons all disappeared on me again. There may be something in the help menus somewhere, but i got no idea when they last updated it.

The entrance is in Jiming, it's marked on the map. I'm pretty sure as a female vagrant you can walk right up and start the joining quest, but there might be a small strength requirement. As an emei, there's someone in I think the emei herbal hall who'll get you started.

Holy shit.
Something in this game that doesnt require a grind or a fucking RE? Color me surprised.

Don't worry, once you join you'll have a daily grind in order to get anywhere. That being said, holy water dailies are probably the easiest dailies I've ever seen in this game.

Every faction and subsect has a normal entry, but most of them have some measure of requirements. Looking up the details on the site ( ageofwushu.com/static/201605/wjcl/index.html ), you gotta have five flying skills, some yin/soft internal or another, not be drunk, and some other things that're more exceptional than any new player would have. Now, with how this game is, i have no idea how many of those things ACTUALLY apply, which is why i suggest just diving in and finding out first-hand. And if you need flying skills, i ASSUME Vigorous Strides and the double jump count, so that's triple jump, air dash, and the wall climb's probably the next easiest to get.

if anyone gets either of the following, hit me up:

also, what do? try to make perish blade work by dumping manuals into twin stings, possibly making me do enough damage in pve that I could challenge t4s, or keep dumping manuals into single swords in the hope that i will eventually acquire a single sword set (ats second, etc) that will do enough damage in pve?

Yeah when I open the flying skills list it shows that I have 6, so I guess am set there.
It's really just surprisingly easy to join, considering PBI, for example.

Get gold chef twin stings and roll for damage lines; that's what Zaku did, and i think he did fairly well for himself. Weapon manuals couldn't hurt, of course, but i'm assured most of the damage is from the weapon by way of the damage formula. Also, if it needs repeating: stacks > rage > spam if you have the energy regen to sustain it > ??? > PROFIT

Most sets will wind up doing enough damage to handle EJs as long as you level them and dump weapon manuals into them. Damage is not the problem, usually, unless you're using a set with particularly low DPS.

The real problem is SUSTAIN. t4 bosses are giant piles of HP that you simply will not out-DPS by yourself pre-t4 or t5 inner phase.

You can solve sustain issues in EJs in a couple of different ways; goying up for buffs, pills (both arena and herbalist HP pills), or a set with sustain elements (perish blade, sss, beast villa set, blood blade double blade set). Allying people also gives you a ton of potential DPS, which can eliminate the need for good sustain. Depending on the difficulty of the faction (Killer's Manor is notoriously difficult), multiple sources of sustain may well be needed, and the fewer of them you have access to, the more limited you are.

Personally, if I were gunning for a pve set, I would not choose one that does not have extraordinarily high DPS or the ability to let me regenerate HP.

Correction, I meant Phantom's Manor. Killer's Manor has a few painfully annoying bosses, but nothing on the level of Phantom's Manor.

One note about herbalist pills: the 2 minute ones can be reapplied during a boss's guard break period.

Also, damage is the problem against certain(not many, but some) bosses that heal. Either you get a healing reduction debuff, of which there aren't very many, or you outdamage it.

Yeah, that's the difference between factions and sects.

Han Ruogu: Damage reflect (the sword spinning animation)
Dragon-Subduing: Stun (bash the head) and sustained AOE (dancing wildly i think)
Fu Hu: 10k bleed (rainbow, has [recently] a long charge)
Soul-enchanting: shit i dunno he's probably the easiest
Soul-chasing: like two or three powerful attacks
Old Hilt: Bleed (also had a charge-up added to it)

As long as you don't faceroll everything you MIGHT beat the fuckers; Phantoms is a special hell, though, and Fu Hu is a threat to god damn everyone. On that note, the granny from Killers can also make facerollers crumple with one of her skills.

i swear to fuck none of the healing debuffs work; havent tried the nado blood blade inner but i also havent gotten it high enough to get the healing debuff yet

Yes, but outdamaging is way easier than outsustaining. All you have to do to outdamage is let some baka friend of yours know that he gets half the EJ points for helping you A-rank and if he likes challenge orders then that should be enough, if the potential decent loot isn't.

Speaking of, WE DID IT FAMS, WE'RE GODS

tfw spent all my afktime leveling music today

HOPE YOU POPPED LARGE RYUI PILLS AND PUT ON DRAGONFORCE BECAUSE THATS WHAT I DID TO GRIND MUSIC TO MAX ON SV TWO YEARS AGO

also nice to see youre doing the daily coin despite it being useless currently and also anti-nice to see youre still using that esoteric MC Escher key binding

I made someone almost this salty when I was casually playing Runescape in the 7th grade
It's more a factor of being in the right place at the right time than anything

but seriously i just lost some respect for you; do you also macro your ten million factions a day on your quest for two stacks of 50-point repair tools?

I just never really use my repair tools so they stack up tbh

I had 300~ before the ape WB we did a few days ago

Guys redpill me on treasures and how to make broken OP ones. Do I simply:

?

Alright what're the requirement for gluing gold thread powder to an item? The menu that I think is right, refining, isn't letting me select the weapon I want to upgrade.

Possessions, as far as i know. Never actually did get to nabbing treasures off the scalper, and the ones from IK seem like a waste of credits.

Did you remember to buy the 150l binding agent, goy?

I didn't get far enough for there to be a space for the binding agent

I love this game but man, I hate how if you build your character one way, it's basically a restart back at 0 if you want to use the other kind of damage.

Better stock up treasures and meridians and switch them on the fly. Also, as a side note, all hidden weapon sets are external, and i'm fairly sure the only internal staff and quarterstaff sets are cash sets. Twin sword and twin blade sets are nearly all internal, daggers and blades lean external, stings lean internal, and sword and fist have enough sets that it hardly matters.

turns out people like kidnapping when it gives taels

There are plenty of internal unarmed sets. Arguably they have some of the better ones; Leisure Kicks, Eagle Claw, and Taichi Fist are all excellent unarmed sets.

In any event, it's never too late to switch, and it's always possible, even likely, that you'll discover an interesting set that you want to use, and having a variety of meridians will make it easier to turn a set that would've been a novelty into a legitimate and usable set.

For instance, the Drift Sand set makes me wish I was an internal Yang Hard baka with a bunch of weapon manuals in Sword. The Fallen Feather set also makes me want to put some manuals into Sword. Are they garbage sets? Probably! But they're interesting, and seeing if you can unlock a set's true power is one of the most fun and interesting things to do in this game.

That said, I am an unarmed autist, and I have enough on my plate as it is. Arhat Fist beckons, and I must unlock its true power. If the legends are true, I will be an invincible baka, and shall have the power to behead as many bakas as I desire.

BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL…

Why depend on time when you can gently spread that wallet open, slip a finger in there, and get the juicy cash flowing???

Yeah, this guy is genuinely retarded. A week or two ago he tried to kill me while I was farming wulin books. I killed him, then two more times as he revived on the spot, all without healing.

I don't think Arhat Fist is linked to the tael economy tho

Unless you mean levels 7+ which as I recall do require some RE item of some sort. I don't think Broken Weapons can be obtained by sources other than players

And, I mean, bribing players will make it easier, sure, but in a few weeks we'll be able to do Shura groups, and then I figure the Broken Weapon economy will really start flowing. Right now it's just for people who care enough to do instances that are a higher level than Peadong Villa, and LMI, Yangman, and PV are all suffering.

The power of friendship has been serving me well, though!

Level 7 just needs all the previous levels to be 6, dunno if it's leveled or just max, and also ten break weapons. Level 8 needs 200 break weapons, Arhat level 7, and also the T4 event. No idea if there's an Arhat 9+, but there's also no 9+ for drunken boxing, so i assume Snail just never gave a fuck.

just stole this off of Holla Forums

Fuck off, a cyanide group is a triple bond between carbon and nitrogen, melanin is a cyclical C-N molecule
U wot m8 the melanin was used as a emulsifier in order to increase the viscosity of the milk to make it appear more natural

What is this piece of shit infograph

did someone link this to scene chat or something?

Don't get me wrong, melanin is pretty toxic and it shouldn't be allowed to be used in food. Let me rephrase it:
Melanin is a toxic organic compound consisting of nitrogen and carbon that was used yadda yadda yadda milk. The melanin was used to increase viscosity bla bla bla and that is why babies died.

I am a chemist so things like these are a thorn in my eye

A lot of people are afraid of compounds that they shouldn't be afraid of, and on the other hand, gobble up other chemicals that no-one should be consuming

Melamine, not melanin. Both posts are mine by the way, first was posted on my phone.

JoySeekers.jpg

A new reign of autism begins

My school's 5th set is extremely stronk, in terms of damage, checking the guide's info on the different subsects, it seems that pretty much all their sets do less damage than my current one.
Is there a way of making them stronker? Is a maxed subsect skill stronger than a maxed 5th set?
My current rage does 700 damage while the subsect am aiming for does 300…

I, for one, welcome our new unarmed autism overlords.

Only the usual ways to make anything better: weapon manuals, gear, stat focusing, and treasures. A favored tactic of whales for unarmed sets like Joined Fingers and Ancient Tai Chi Fist, is to get an annotation book with 10% bonus on the rage damage and bracers with three 10% bonuses also on the rage; i can't recall if subsects have annotation books and i dunno if it's smarter to have set bonuses on a weapon rather than pure damage, though, so you may just have to either max the subsect set and live with it or grind as much of the fifth set as you can before you go a'secting.

Or, you know, just get an ancient set like all the whales.

RECENT HAPPENINGS:

stolen*
whatever

but seriously, watch that fucking video. 23:30 - 25:30 hype as fuck

Who is this oni 2hu?

I ran with a shaolin relying on T4, and i still out-tanked him, in terms of not-dying but also DPS, with WV third. My exceptional weapon manuals may have had something to do with that, of course.

Hoshiguma Yuugi, you pleblord; don't even have to look that one up. The oni with the biggest tits, and therefore the best.

lol no.

why do people always ask me to make maps and shit just grind until this shit is firmly planted into your head

ur a faget

what the heck is that a map of

fucking penglai fairy land you shitmonkey

/5

a map of the chao heng treasure locations, i asked him to make one so we can easily grind it out for ryui pills and mats and shit

Honshu here. if anyone happens to be confused about what's going on with the guild, check discord's pinned messages in guild chat.

Shit's about to get interesting, fellas.

I checked, and fuckin' Penglai Fairy Land still ain't open, which is really bullshit since there's been a faction and weiqi NPCs there since i started playing.

There WAS a faction at Nianluo Dam, too, but they rather suspiciously took out the location name on the faction list at some point after releasing the subsect.

So, those who got removed from the guild, do we rejoin GW or do we join bape or what?

Rejoin the guild, i was told; there was cunning shenanigans afoot that were ultimately needless.

Correct, rejoin the guild. Shenanigans are over

Chinese world of tanks confirmed at Wuji

OwO what's this?
When does this start serber time?

I saw a few of those cannons before, but i always thought they were for some esoteric quest i hadn't gotten yet.

Earlier (Sunday 20:30) i saw an announcement for the Raid of Wuji Island, so i assume that's the when and where.

Pics unrelated; i fucked the quote in the second one, besides.

There was a war declaration and a tracking token activated, so i assume Wrath is out for blood.

TONIGHT

WE GO TO WAR

aaaaaaaand we lost the base

no worries though we'll get it back

Redpill me on beast villa and chingchong escort agency.
Are their sets viable peeveepee sets?

i'unno; i always view PVP as a question of numbers. If you tally up your and the other guy's gear, inner, meridians, sets, set levels, ping, personal attack timing and judgement, and anything else i'm overlooking, and your number is bigger than his, you win. The major variables are ping, judgement, and RNG, but enough gear and you can just stomp on a fucker's throat without trying. On BD i once got blasted for 12k+ from an RG claw combo by some hyper-whale who just wanted to fuck with someone.

Anyhow, the answer is i'd say they're mediocre to good but aren't so overpowered that i see people go apeshit for them. The BV set is excellent for tanking, provided you're actually the target and can block attacks. No idea about the Cheng sets, but they're stylish as fuck spear sets so if you wanna be Ma Chao, and who doesn't, there's your shot.

Beast Villa's set is a good 1v1faget set if your tactic is to outtank the fuck out of someone. I beat plenty of people stronger than me because they'd have to fumble with switching sets for horse and I would just use Defeated Scholar to ruin their horse and switch into Beast Villa once my parry buffs had a lot of stacks to get a full lifebar back. It's a perfectly fine secondary set

Chenfeng Escort Agency's 1st set sucks as I am told, but the 2nd one is apparently dank. I don't know much about them

Actually scratch that, it's a perfectly good primary set too. It's just more of a 1v1faget set because the lack of yellow armor and CC means you can't hope to handle more than one person at a time unless the enemy bakas are full retard and stumble over eachother's charges

Okay then rate my stupid plan:

yay or nay?

I did stupid shit with my main so I want this to at least have a plan for this alt.

external sampler pack/10

I'd just as soon say go RG for merids and sets, then BBC and save up tokens to buy your way to 49 fourth inner as soon as possible; you get the bonus ability on the BBC second inner, and you're damn near unkillable, to say nothing of having a maxed inner.

I mean, if you REALLY want spears and beast blows and intend to max them, go nuts, but it mostly just looks like you're slapping a bunch of shit together and that'll eventually amount to a bunch of half-leveled sets. Changfeng DOES have the advantage in having two same-weapon same type sets, at least; if you REALLY want external spears, there's your in.

Beast Villa is not particularly worth unless you *really* want a good pve set and don't want to bother with Perish Blade. Or unless you're an unarmed autist like me.

The benefit it has for your purposes is that it can help you focus your meridians to be all external, but Eagle Claw is an excellent pve set already, albeit one focused on clearing trash rather than tanking and dpsing tougher stuff (Beast Villa can handle prolonged boss engagements; Eagle Claw can't because its life steal shit never goes off). Further, I would not particularly recommend Beast Villa unless you go ham on unarmed weapon manuals; its sustain is good, but the dps will be lacking unless you level the shit out of the set and have asstons of weapon manuals. It's not great if you halfass it

Also straight up go and betray if you're having second thoughts about what you've done on your main. It is literally never worth to remake instead of just betraying and refocusing your plan unless you realize you fucked up the first week of your betrayal timer. By remaking your character, you set yourself super far on your weapon manual progression, your meridian progression (even if it's not a meridian you particularly want, by virtue of restarting, your chi cap will be much lower, so it's *still* faster to betray on a main because betrayal pills will get you nearly back to where you were), so many fucking things dude. Don't fall for the remaking a character meme. Refocusing the one you have is literally always the better option unless you are being hardcore cucked by a betrayal timer, in which case with a martial bro sure you can probably be basically the same inner level by the time you'd be able to betray on your main

Can't betray since I got cucked by the timers. From what I understand my only options are to login every day to wait for a HWP RE or auto cart and wait for a pomf RE.
Basically am fucked, yeah.

I guess since am RG going into BBC is pretty much a must considering how ez it will be for me. But the question is do I stick eternally with it or do I move to something else? if I continue leveling at the rate I am now I will be done with t1 and t2 inners in 4-5 days, after that I will have access to the BBC access quest and all what it entails.
I was just looking for something else to join, and both BV and spear wielding chads appeal to me.

You could actually max the inners and become a martial brother; shit, if you aren't a younger already, i'd say you missed a beat. Do the 6/7 skill quests and level at least the chain and i also high recommend eagle claw; it's pretty good for faction bosses, especially in groups because you can deal lots of AOE damage that won't knock everyone else out of charges. Fourth sets should be out soonish, so run RG SI forever and get a set that, even now, people agree is pretty good, and then run it more for sheepskins when fourth inner comes out. If you run out of school shit to do, grind in the eastern seas for 5aggs and pills.

But, you know, if you wanna be a casual hopping faggot who doesn't max shit, i sure can't stop you. If you do join a subsect, i still suggest saving tokens for fourth inners; you may still have to level the first inner if you want to graduate before that, though, which is why i wouldn't bother going into subsects until like a month after fourth sets come out, personally.

is the guild still active? who should i contact to join? im thinking of returning to this game

Active-ish. About as active as the game itself, i'd argue: definitely enough people to get things done, but by no means as populated as the golden age. Honshu is the current leader and is usually online, pizzadog, Yinyue, and LitigationJack, are names you should recognize that're currently on and are usually around, i'd think. Just remember to go for the White Tiger 2 server, as everyone dog-piled onto a new server just like with Golden Panda; i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, personally.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLR==FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBL==FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
RSHOT==
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
FUCK OFF TUMBLRSHOT
SHOT==

waste of id and # trips.
Unless this is some meta memeing I have not witnessed before.

good enough, im in already, pc is called Yarika by the way.

it was probably a mistake to save this but i did it anyhow

holy shit we golden age now

This is a great time to be alive, but tfw no emei big sis to subtly erp with

soon. soon.

It makes me feel so good in my body.

NO SORROW NO BUY

Sister I studied so hard today, you promised me a reward if the headmaster praised me.

Looks like we're back in business.

ETA to 4th sets and T4?

Short answer is 'who the fuck knows'; Snail never made a hard-and-fast schedule and i'll be fucked inside-out if they'd keep to one if they did. Long answer is i still say this server is unfolding slower than GP did, so probably another two weeks for fourth sets and two-odd months for fourth inners, but don't quote me on that.

Posts got eaten, but the fourth set event is on now and will probably be auto-completed in a day or two because ded server ded gaem.

How the fuck do you use the Discord? I entered the channel, but I can only join one of the vc and no chat channels show up.

You just had to be set as a member to see the other channels. I gave you the member role.

Is there a download link for all of the files at once? I don't want to download like 10 loads of 1.75gb each.

Not unless someone wants to zip their version and torrent it somewhere. I swear some mad bastard did it ages ago, but the info is lost to the winds; torrent probably isnt even seeded anymore, anyhow.

dropbox.com/s/g22yt387rxdajao/Age of Wushu.7z?dl=0

It's not dolphin porn, I promise.

I'll give this another go, I haven't played it since 2013 so it'll be fun to see if anything changed.

From what i understand, some of it has changed but nobody remembers how it used to be. Like, weapon manuals are all universal now rather than being typed by faction. Also, i assume second inners had something more esoteric before, but now you get three books to 30 and can buy 31-36 with school certs.

Beyond that, most of the ancillary scenes are still closed, still only six joinable factions, can't challenge any factions higher than the four noble families, and cash sets are still fuckin' easymode compared to other sets, especially in leveling them.

No cash sets on WhitePower2 my dood

Whoever took the top donations spot for the inner events got a box of goodies, so there's SOME cash sets. Tell me if you see Yanyang blade getting used, because that'll be some blast from the past shit right there.

from what I heard they replaced the cash shop set rewards with random ancient frags. After the jackdaw phase was auto completed, I saw Priscila open two event boxes and get ancient dog beating staff from it. I'm assuming that was the reward.

Please tell me there was autistic screeching; i need to be turgid in ways that only schadenfreude can make me.

Jesus fuck, what a day. We took our base back in under ten minutes, then tokened two of the enemy guilds and beat them with only 4 people. The white power is real.

reminder to not be racist against sets just because theyre internal or use feet or some shit like that

disfiguring kicks are complete garbage tho its like they made dragon slaps out of ice and left it in a volcano

internal sets are better anyway
external out

life is good

Maxing it for now, nigga. It ain't over until you're in sixth internal and that shit's at about 86. Also, executioner/toad/five elements at 75 for the merid breaks, and after that you get to climb the AWE ladder.

yeah yeah yeah but it's easy coasting for the next 3 months until I need to get the copy frags

Pomf Grand Wizard reporting in, currently strongest pomf on the server

Any anons have some pastebins/guides to get started? I remember trying this game out ages ago but got completely lost and confused, part my dumb ass, part their terrible translations. Also anyone got a pvp build or somewhere I can try looking for some?

I dumped all the guide-pics early on in the thread. You get started by going vagrant for free sets and ice chi and MAYBE getting levels for them because you can only get vagrant set levels when you aren't part of a school, and then finding a school/subsect to stay in forever, ideally by meridian but maybe by set preference. The only difference between PVP and PVE is what sets you use, and even then you only need a different set for tanking or mobbing, assuming you care that much and don't mind tanking poorly/mobbing inefficiently.

Ultimately, i advise looking at subsects and finding one you like, join it, save up tokens for the fourth inner unlock, and then just max the second subsect inner because that's something you can keep with you if you do a betrayal tour. It's also much easier to max at fifth internal than school inners.

I'm sorry to come off as a complete retard, but a whole lot of this is going over my head, even after looking into wikis.

Could you explain how sets and schools/subsects work? Outside of joining my first school, all sorts of post-school progression has me completely confused.

It's entirely possible i'm thinking too far past basic stuff, which i hardly consider anymore.

Sets is just a term for a grouping of skills; using a skill in one set gives a seven-second cooldown on skills of any other set, to discourage set-mixing. There's a handful of skills that don't belong to any set, but they have long cooldowns as a result. Any given move can be either internal or external damage, which matters for stats, defense, and various treasure/meridian boosts; it can be yin, soft, yang, hard, or taichi attribute, which affects if your inner gives it a damage boost; and it can scale by brawn, breath, dexterity, or a combination, which affects how much damage is added by stats. To say nothing, of course, of how any set gains max levels, although school fifth sets, faction sets, and subsect sets are fairly straightforward.

Schools have six (currently three on WT2) inners, each one stronger than the last by stats but not necessarily effect; ideally you want to level the highest one to max or close to it for raw stats. Each inner can also, though leveling (25/20/20/30/30/30) unlock a meirdian acupoint, allowing you to level the meridian higher; many people join and betray schools on a rotation to get as many acupoint unlocks as possible, but betrayal tours are another matter entirely. Schools have three basic sets, which they hand out like fucking candy, that vary from worthless to exceptional, that with effort other schools might get to a degree. There's also a fourth and fifth sets, unique to the schools and obtained by School Instances and Eastern Seas respectively, that're harder to obtain but stronger and usually better than the basic sets. Once you're in a school, the only way to leave is to betray, which rips out the school inners and sets; you can get refund pills when you join another school, which is how people can betrayal tour. You can also train away and disguse, but this only lets you join factions and other schools' subsects.

Subsects are quasi-schools: you're linked to the school (cant spy on them, can't script steal from them, can't war on them), but you can't actually use any school services. Subsects only have two inners, tier 2 and 4 respectively, and two sets, a basic that's cheaper and an advanced that needs a second trade-in item. You get level 1 of the first set and i think level 15 of the first inner free, the rest you have to work for. When you get a main school's meridian to 180 (currently not available on WT2) and level the subsect second inner, you unlock a reverse meridian of that school, which is like a normal meridian but stronger. You can leave a subsect by graduating, which takes a 100 certificate token, unless you get the second inner to 59 at which point it's free; when you graduate a subsect you get to walk with everything, even if you leave the main school one way or the other.

To summarize: school for merids and subsect for levels, unless you really like a school set or iner, in which case, you poor bastard. Consider specalizing in one weapon catagory and/or maybe one damage type for simplicity, but some combinations (internal quartestaff or external twin blade) only have about one cash set to work with (which aren't available on WT2).

So to make things easy on me until funding or just a better understanding of the game, I should just focus on one type of damage and cycle through schools and subsects to grab as many skills as I can and get stat boosts from the meridians.

It's a lot easier in practice than just talking about it, the general route is just go vagrant then pick a school. You really can't go wrong

Well, i'd say look at the subsects, find a set you like the look of, and work on leveling that as high as you can before you go roaming; as someone who relied on a high-level school set that got nerfed when i trained away, i basically lost a leg to stand on. Others will find the humor in this, but now my primary damage-dealing set is max level Mantis Fist.

At any rate, Chengfeng is the most straightforward, since both sets are external spear. Hua is next, with two single sword sets, one internal and one external, and then probably Nianluo (external), Ancient Tomb (internal), or Divine Water (internal, female only). But, ultimately, only suggestions; i just wish twin axe sets were viable, or, rather, extant.

ah so subsects also give me new skills along with my main school? I was looking into the shaolin, and their boxing style looked pretty neat, is there anything you'd recommend or is fisting a noob trap?

Fisting is THE noob trap, as Honshu will explain at length to you about; the short version is weapon sets have weapons, and weapons can be upgraded to worrying amounts of bonus damage. Conversely, fist sets get more damage from skills, i'm given to understand; however, one good weapon can be used with multiple sets, making the actual levels slightly less important.

You could, as a suggestion, get a spear (which counts as an alt-staff; alternate weapons work as well as their base weapons, so you can use a spear for staff sets without penalty, but using a staff for spear sets would give you a damage nerf) as a shaolin, get your fifth set, eventually train away to chengfeng, and maybe rejoin shaolin whenever their subsect comes out (probably never). Otherwise, you could follow Honshu's fist path, which is joining the Beast Villa faction and collecting Arhat Fist pages.

As a side note, beggar's fifth set is fist external, but shaolin's fourth set is fist internal. I really wonder if there's any actual plan laid out for this shit.

What server are you nerds on?

White Tiger 2; new-ish server, currently about a week into 3.5 internal period (fourth sets), no cash sets. Also no new world; same for Blue Dragon, but people may have gotten though some of it before now.

one thing about that is that weapon damage is a decent chunk but you'll still be getting most of your damage from skill level and manuals anyway
a good gold weapon adds about 100 damage, a high-end jade one about double that i think, not counting set bonuses. finished manuals add, what was it, about 500?
weapon damage only really matters when you start factoring in huge multipliers: departing stings with a crit build turns 1k base damage into 40k crits

i could be wrong about weapon damage though i forget how much tier 6/7 pumps it up

600 at 1k tier

I don't actually know how the damage formula works out since i never tested it and wouldn't know where to begin, but i feel fairly sure that the damage a fucker can get out of a blinged weapon can blow the shit out of any weapon manuals i might have on me.

Not quite.

Raw damage sources are added up and then multipliers are used. (skill damage + weapon damage + stat damage + manual damage) * (multiplier 1) * (multiplier 2) etc. As far as I can tell, at least. Weapon damage might be a little higher than I mentioned just because I forgot about weapon base damage before improvements.

Is this game fun with a guild? What about a handful of morons? I remembre enjoying this game a few years back but it was so lonely.

I'd argue any game is fun when it's fresh and interesting; shit, i had fun with Ragnarok Online 2, but half that fun was just running around on a pecopeco and the other half was i never played WoW so shit like dancing on mailboxes and instanced dungeons was still novel.

That being said, my ideas of fun aren't based around grouping up or PVP, which is the fun that everyone else seems to have; i definitely had fun back when the game was fresh and exciting, but i think i'd have had about as much fun solo kind of like how much i enjoyed Firefall just puttering about on my lonesome. Actually, Firefall was probably better because it had permanent motorbikes; horses in wushu are temporary, even the really shitty ones. No idea about the (((top-up))) rare mounts, though.

Hell yeah, it's only fun if you play with a guild. The game really opens up when you actually have people to do cool shit with.

when i join your guy's discord, it says channel unavailable. what do?

(jackpot)
Having never disc'd the hord, i assume you gotta wait for whoever's in lead of the chatspace to switch you over. Try PMing them like fifty times until they wake the fuck up.

I am become shaolin monk, what style is not shit for pvp?

also how long should I train my vagrant styles before committing to a school?

Yeah, someone's gonna have to set you as a member to be able to do shit in the discord. Make a post in the thread next time you're hanging around and I'll tag you.

Long boxing is kidna good since the feint is also a charge, weituo has a theoretically perfect combo if you set it up right, body stick is great if you're in a group fight and someone can knock people up or you can get your rage off. None of them are so exceptional, mind you, that you'll be as unstoppable as if you laid hands on, say, Yunayang Twin Blade, but good timing and great ping can usually wreck some fools. I'd say go for weituo, myself; it's definitely under-appreciated.

Dragon Claw is more of a ranged set, i'd say, and also internal which annoyed some dedicated shaolin. Salvation staff, no idea; i CAN tell you fifth sets have far higher base damage/energy consumption than the basic sets, so getting that will definitely boost your DPS quicker than leveling the other sets.

Define 'committing'; you can only get higher levels of the vagrant sets by betraying. As long as you don't mind gutting your progress occasionally, you can boost your vagrant stuff eventually. That being said, defeated scholar can keep normal NPCs on the ground indefinitely, so i personally suggest leveling that just to no-skill shit like Heartless 7 heroes and nado fights. The blade speed buff is only real good once you get Speed Up Without Trace, which is undoubtedly costly as fuck on WT2, but i'd suggest leveling it when you got nothing better to raise. Shallow's tiger push ain't bad, but it doesn't have the sheer 'NPCs eat shit' ability of DS; it's decent if you have nothing else to DPS with, but i'd rather have a set that lets me combo computers into the dirt over a set where they MIGHT not block dancing flowers, which is what makes tiger push so good.

Ultimately, i'd focus on school sets first, but i'd also pump a FEW levels into DS just in case. I may have used DS as an NPC crutch for too long, though. nah fuck that H7 npcs are bullshit they dont deserve any mercy crutch as hard as possible

like watching an ancient chatroom bot fill space and silences

Garbage until they introduce the goddamn patch that makes the shout and the charge up shot External damage instead of Internal. The whole "mixing internal moves into an external set" meme is a really gay one.

Really good, especially in a world with no cash sets, because it's one of the few sets with stun, but no yellow armor makes it less easy to use in gpvp than, say, the Shaolin 5th set.

Pretty good as a 1v1faget set, but otherwise kind of meh.

Internal set in an external school, rip

Literally one of the best sets in the game imo. Huge aoe, great crowd control, yellow armor, all kinds of good stuff.

test

i want this and its inverse to be wiped from the face of the earth

it's basically their most useful set, too

My only complaint is the internal moves scale off breath and not brawn; this is why you always look for a good set that scales off both.

Beggars: four external sets, all inners heavily brawn-focused, external subsect, internal as fuck meridian. Funny as shit every time.

As a side note, WV is more internal-focused and only has one external set, but it's the set every whale craves for the easy PVE life.

Weekly maintenance, Easter events after: rabbits, campfires, VIP-only bags, and daily bank bag.

SURE HOPE I CAN WORK UP THE ENTHUSIASM TO TRY FOR A MONKEY THIS TIME

i swear theres a hitler version of this mokou reaction but i never saved it

man i miss being enthusiastic about farming

Man I miss you guys already. How's the guild doing?

Same old shit. We still own the server, and there's no one to kill. All the enemies went neutral. Some crazy shit might pop off soon, though.

I have nothing but lover's banter to say to people like you.

"Having a romantic relationship with someone" in Chinese is literally "talking love."

So what if I'm single, not being poor is more important.

I spent 9.8 billion for this figure! Do you have one? Do you? DO YOU!?

Referring to the very recent super over priced figure scandal of Bilibili.com. The site auctioned 3 limited edition figures modeled after its mascot, and the price of one of them went up to a ridiculous ¥9.8 billion (Approximately $1.4 billion). It was later revealed to be a lame joke played by the younger brother of an auctioneer, and the transaction is, of course, not complete.

Nah, just copy-pasting from Gelbooru; i don't know a lick of chinatalk. Saddly, it's not all translated; maybe i should harass RedZaku into dropping some homespun chinaman wisdom.

Missing out on what wushu is all about tbh

[muffled M A N T I S F I S T in the distance]

So what's the artist actually translating?

Babelfish, i assume; i never went looking for how these pics get their engrish. Maybe it's her(?) doing her(???) best with mediocre english skills.

Can I get an invite to the Discord?
Nickname is Galsan, I've already tried joining.

oh shit
i installed age of wushu a while ago and liked it but was bored because it was dead and had no one to play with
how many people are active? i'll install it right now to play with you guys if there's a decent group of regulars
i love wuxia and kung fu shit and was disappointed by how dead it was because of how cool it was when I first tried it.

I'd say about eight-to-twelve people in varying degrees of activity; i'm not sure of the exact status of some of them, but i won't go into detail. The server itself is probably in a constant state of decline, but i assume everything is and i got no idea how, even at this point, there's anyone actually playing or even starting fresh. I got no idea how Ragnarok Online 2 still exists, either, and yet it lives.

If you really love wuxia, just play the game, unlike Kackem who claims to love wuxia too but he keeps dropping the fuck out, although probably because he lives in koalaberg and has a shitton of ping.

Hey, girl, I can't move. Now's your chance.

Arcane Art: Whoever is stared at gets pregnant.

mmos r shit git a life nerds XDDDDDDD

lmao good drama guys
the prophecy was true

PAUL RESPOND TO MY TEXT PLEASE

Silly girl, we can always start over!

''Note the green hat on Mokou: In Chinese slang, "wearing a green hat" means one was cheated by his/her lover (although usually used for men).
This one is referring to this situation: A man was cheated by his girlfriend, but when the cheating girlfriend offers to return to his side, he wholeheartedly forgives her and tells her that they can always start over.
As you would've imagined, this is mostly used as a form of mockery. Making fun of the utter bitch behavior of the girl by stressing that her cheated boyfriend "always has the option of forgiving", so she could, what else, cheat again.''

Entering grievance mode

BREAKING NEWS

Euro-version Age of Wulin is getting handed over to Snail. It'll get it's own server, but you gotta register your character for transfer.

en.wulin.webzen.com/News/announcements/1429374/03-05-2017/Age-of-Wulin-changes-publisher-in-Europe

forum.webzen.com/forum/en/age-of-wulin-english/aow-announcements/2247896-age-of-wulin-changes-publisher-in-europe

Does anyone actually play this or is (36) all alone

There's like 6-10 people on WT2 who all guild up and discord together; i'm the one lone wolf on BD, though. Also the only one keeping this thread alive, but this kind of one-man autism is my element.

Is the game still P2W as hell?

Abso-fucking-lutely. WT2 had the benefit of no cash sets, but people bought ancient set frags with bought taels from other players and now supposedly people are complaining about that. But, really, any game where you can use real money to buy game money and then use that game money to buy your way to victory is, at it's core, pay to win.

A fresh server is definitely the most even and fun experience you can get, though; you missed out.

Definitely not as pay to win as before, but if you're joining and you want to be relevant you should probably have a couple hundred bucks you're willing to spend.

No thanks then.

i promised id post this next time the thread needed life support

For merely 15 bucks, I can have a journey that is completely my own way, I'll leave whenever I want to.

Bottle says DDVP or Dichlorvos, which is an insecticide.

Put your cock back and go to sleep!

When you put two character for "chicken (鸡)" in a row, it'll lose the original meaning and instead become a slang for penis. Similar to the English slang "cock".

Double Eggs
Euphony of 妈蛋, a variant of the classic Chinese swear "妈的". Basically "Fuck" or "Damn it".

I can't bear to look at it directly.

''Book - Jin Ping Mei
A classic Chinese erotic novel. Its title is taken from the 3 main female characters in the novel: Pan Jinlian, Li Ping'er and Pang Chunmei.''

Mokous are getting extremely retarded an unfunny, then again you can only milk something for so long

You getting mad over them is exactly why this guy is posting Mokous.

Actually, i'm posting mokous because i ran out of martial arts movie webms like a month ago, and these are, at least, chinese. I AM trying to find the ones with context to add before i just start posting them plain.

The other person does not want to talk to you, and threw three of your kind at you.

WV subsect is coming, and presumably so is the Lingxiao City scene. Not like the Nianluo Dam scene opened, though, so who the fuck knows.

I was so shocked I got pregnant.

Exaggeration of the shock the person in question is experiencing. Has a lot of varieties, usually includes doing something out of the ordinary for the person in question, eg. 吓得我都会说俄语了(I was so shocked I could even speak Russian now).

You scared me to death!

she refers to herself as "baby" to sound cute, the phrase has become a meme in Chinese communities

Holding a clump of grass.

Intended meaning: Holy fuck.

I will not work. Frankly, it is not possible for me to work in my life.

A repeat offender of theft in Guangxi, China was busted once again. When interviewed, he claimed that he will never work in his life, and he doesn't know how to do business, either. Therefore, he was "forced" to commit theft in order to maintain his life. He also claims that he loves prison, because "inmates always talk smart, and it feels a lot better than home."

Guan-guan go the ospreys,
On the islet in the river.
The modest, retiring, virtuous young lady,
What is your QQ number.

Famous poem Guan Ju from ancient Chinese classic Book of Ode. Last verse should be "For our prince a good mate she". The changed verse rhymes just like the original, that's the joke.
This translation used James Legge's version, I assume Arthur Waley's version is a more commonly known one.

Repeat after me

You get the idea. If you read this fast, it sounds like "Son of a bitch".

You mustn't stop taking this medicine!

As in your condition is so severe you just have to take the medication for the rest of your life.

Skilled at removing another's clothes.

A pun of 善解人意, which means one is understanding and can relate to another person's feelings.

I wish I had the time to play this game. It was stupid and p2w and the server is awful but I still miss all of you.

If it makes you feel any better, the majority of the guild has waned so it's just a skeleton crew largely stuck in a holding pattern. No idea of the fine details, mind you, but all any MMO eventually turns into is grind. Remember, kids, play MMOs for three months tops and then move on.

Hey crappy admin, I dare you to silence me for 10 minutes.

For some reason, being banned to post is regarded as eating a set meal by the Chinese netizens.

Be strong

Hanji by hat: Ah, how green.
'Wearing the green hat' (戴绿帽) is Chinese slang for 'being cuckolded'.

My royal family is the biggest in the galaxy.

Post more mokous

Don't worry, i got plenty more ammo; most of the rest doesn't have any annotations, though.

Open up! It's an express delivery! The girlfriend you ordered is here…

Express delivery here as a meme is actually a hoax since there are cases where the police in China use phrases like this in order to lower the guard of the person in question and get them to open the door.

Don't you screw with me, I'll show you that my little red shoes aren't just for show.

This is basically a joke. Act angry and threaten your opponent with the least intimidating thing possible. Create your own variant!

Can you be as mature as I am

Just came back from mining coal

On Chinese internet, "mining coal" and "handling bricks" usually refer to a nickel and dime job, payment is low yet working is hard, and will always mess up your clothing. One can also claim to be working in these two professions, which is basically saying "I'm poor".
It is worth noting that this is actually a kind of stereotype from the past, since modern mine workers and brick handlers in China actually get paid quite well (sometimes having better wages than most white collars). Back in the 80s and 90s? Not so much.