Nindendo switch, is it might be worth money and time?

So the Nintendo Switch is coming out goddamn soon. Think its gonna be worth picking up?

I am not a console person but I have been a fan of nintendos handheld devices, still love my 3DS and all the games I own for it, so the handheld aspect of it is pretty attractive, but what isn't is things like battery life, hardware power, and the games lineup. Wheres the backwards compatibility when fucking Skyrim is going to be released on it of all games and not smash?

if they dont make f-zero I'm not buying it

Consoles are never worth picking up at launch.

My 3DS only became kinda interesting only after I homebrewed it.
I don't get all the love, doesn't even have an interesting library

Holidays for sure, but not at Launch.

Only get it at launch for the ambassador perks.

NO LUIGI NO BUY

The first game won't be out until December at the earliest.

but Mario's already finished, they're gonna launch that on November 17th.

I dont think it will even be possible to pick it up around release date due to the usual nintendo short stocking their product because they are a toy company

Nope, are you stupid?

what he said

have they even said anything about porting old wii/wii u/gamecube/ANYTHING games? this things not gonna be worth shit if all its getting is an independant library.

Wait for more titles then jump on. Nothing worth getting now

Splatoon, Zelda and Mario Kart at least

It probably won't be worth it for most folks, but I'm getting one at launch.

I love my handhelds.

If Super Mario Odyssey is good I might actually pick one of these up.

maybe modded skyrim will be good

cause mods

cause SEX mods

No.

The only reason I'd buy a Switch in the first year is as a way to make sure I have a low firmware for piracy (mu brother is buying one since he has no self control and is a Splatoon addict). That having been said, if Nintendo and the various Japanese third parties treat it as a Nintendo handheld, I will be picking one up eventually as there's bound to be several games I want (even if I'll probably end up pirating most of them). Plus, they might get a boost from some devs jumping ship from the Vita since there's only so many years in that left and Sony is probably giving up on handhelds. That having been said, the Switch will either be a bigger disaster than the Wii U, or continue the handheld trend of upward sales. I'd personally wait for a price drop and a release of one game I really would like (Wonderful 101 sequel, Pikmin 4, the inevitable Pokemon game in Fall 2018, Xenoblade 2 in Holiday 2018) and the rest of the library will fill itself out one way or another. As for emulation, I'm having doubts about how well that will work out. I'm pretty sure CEMU is only as far as it is because it's similar to Dolphin (but not enough that Dolphin can actually play Wii U games) and they might have a dev kit (which explains why it's closed source). I doubt the Switch emulation scene will have such luxuries, although I heard someone on Holla Forums say that the Switch might be more similar to the 3DS's ARM structure which could help it (how's Citra anyway?). Basically you'll be able to emulate some games OKish by the time with Switch is replaced with a new console, and piracy will have been out for like a year or two anyway.

It sounds like you're being sarcastic but my 100 hour save file of raping into pregnancy every female bandit, vampire, and major NPC of Skyrim would suggest otherwise.

reminded me of this.

Don't be a retard OP, wait for offers or bundles, or you can wait more time for the Switch 2.0 which im sure is gonna get made

This is not portable. It will only be in the revision. Wait for the "New Nintendo Switch" with double the battery.

Gonna wait until a Monster hunter game gets out on it then contemplate whether to buy one or not.

Wait until second or third gen Switch. Maybe that one will have more than 32GB of fucking storage and an HD display.

What games are even coming out this year? From what i can tell it's mostly indie games, gimmick shit like 1 2 switch, and ports of Wii u games. Mario looks cool sure, but that isn't coming until the end of the year, if it even comes out this year at all.

This and anyone who says otherwise is a brand loyal retard or a shill.
Not only do you get no games but you also get all the defects the first consumer production models always have.

Wait for Winter. It'll have a worthwhile library around the time Mario comes out. At launch I wouldn't say it's worth it. I'm only doing it because I know I want one and my finances aren't particularly stable. I had the money to get it when pre-orders opened so I did. Don't feel great about it but there's no telling if I'll have that kind of money a year or two from now.

Fast RMX, basically F-Zero.

If you put that money into a savings account instead of a fucking preorder and then didn't touch it for a year or two, then yes, you would have that kind of fucking money.

Stop being irresponsible and you'll have money.

Are you fucking retarded, or do you just still live with your parents? There's this thing called bills and unexpected expenses(like multiple car parts all going out around the same time, become very ill and miss 2 whole weeks of work, etc). There is no guarantee that $200 will actually grow over time before I have to withdraw money again. I haven't had a chance to actually save money in just under a year.

I'm neither retarded nor do I live with my parents. I'm an adult who realizes that the only difference between stuffing $200 into a savings account and throwing it in the garbage is that later I'll still have that $200. You're not spending it on bills when it's already been spent, so who's siphoning your bank account to do the same now?

What's the difference between a $200 bill when you have $200 in the bank vs when you don't? Maybe you need parental supervision if you think spending all your money is a viable way to not have to pay bills.

And I'm not even talking about the money "growing over time", you idiot. I'm talking about the basic concept of saving money instead of spending it. You're bitching because you have no self-control.

Yes you have. You had $200 that you apparently blew on a Switch instead of saving. That was your chance, dummy. What was stopping you from putting that money in a savings account? If you had put it in, what would force you to take it out?

I want the children to leave this fucking place.

He said his finances aren't stable. He doesn't need to save money. He need to find a steady job to that he can bring in a stable income to save.

I pre-ordered the Switch, plus a shitload of accessories and games, all pushing $800, and my bills and other financial obligations remain caught up. All of which was possible by being a contributing and employed member of society.

Before anyone should talk about buying a console, and before you talk about saving money, you got to find a way to make money first and foremost.

If his finances aren't stable, saving money is exactly what he needs to do.
If he has money to blow on video games, he has money to save. He should hold off on the frivolous expenses and build a little bit of a buffer so that every small shortage of money doesn't feel like a crisis, and he can spend batches of the savings and still feel good about his finances.
Look, I know where he's coming from, and I used to be there, but he is wrong. Saying that you are buying something now because you don't know if you'd have the money later is nonsense. If you didn't have the money later, it's because you either actually needed it (in which case, spending it now would fuck you over) or because you have no self control. I was living every month unsure if I could make my rent until I started saving and budgeting. Nothing changed with my income, but big surprise, when I started saving every cent I got, I ended up with more money for the things I really wanted in the long run, and didn't have to worry about getting evicted anymore.

There is literally no excuse to not save money unless every penny you get is going to food and rent. Savings should always be priority over entertainment, unless you really feel like gambling with moving into a homeless shelter because some "unexpected expense" comes in and you don't have money for it because you didn't save.

I would just fucking wait till has at least 5 exclusive games you are willing to buy and play.
Thats what I did with the Wii-u, and I'm pretty happy with that thing.