Reset the clock

Knowing what you do now about every game you've played, what one game would you want to play for the first time?

What's her name Holla Forums?

Mother 3

Earthbound

Which ever game I played first. I can't remember which one it was, but I'd go back to it, and with my knowledge of every game I've played since, I'd never play the first one and never sink into the spiral of despair that I have to watch nowadays.

Stop asking this question

most souls games are a good answer, they aren't my absolute favorite games but the first playthrough of those games is usually the most fun

or yakuza 0, sure i just played it for the first time recently but it was that good

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

FF8

I actually started emulating this last week, and remembered so very little about it except one of the spots to create your world map for 100%.

Fallout 2
Gothic
Gothic 2
Dark Souls
Dragon's Dogma
FFVII
FFIX

All of those equally, although I guess G2 slightly more than the others.

Fuck, I love Cheese Pizza.

Super Metroid. I've memorized the entire game, and will never get lost in it again. None of the other games in the series have good level design, and none of the other metroid-styled platformers have such solid mechanics.
I would also like to play it a second time. Realizing you can fight Kraid before getting the high jump boots (and subsequent sequence breaks) is the best part of the game

dummy

shhhhhh

Dark Souls, probably.
It had the most 'breathtaking' moments in any game I've played. Seeing how the world connected realistically, finding something new and getting excited to try it out, making mad dashes to my bloodstain and noticing that the path was getting that much easier each time I died and tried again.

freespace 2
i found the game in my older brothers room when he moved out, i didnt expect to play through it and the original campaign port multiple times over

Xenogears.
If we are talking television, then the simpsons. An user the other day never watched the simpsons and was downloading the first 8 seasons. I was so fucking jelly.

It blew my mind when I discovered how many different ways I could approach boss fights and I still expected MGSV to have a huge jungle segment so I could pretend I was 15 again.

None. Odds are reliving it wont be as good as the original thing and i'd have settled for worse than the memory I had. Best to just appreciate the memories you have, rather than recapture them.

Pic related is my favorite JRPG of all time. It was the first real JRPG I ever played as a kid (had only played paper mario and a fuckton of pokemon) and I fucking loved every single second of it. Last year I played through it again for the first time in years and I was extremely nervous it wouldn't live up to the nostalgia It did, and I arguably loved it even more

Have you tried those fan made extension campaigns? they're supposed to be breddy gud

Shadow of the Colossus, or Dark Souls.

dark souls probably, it made me remember why i enjoyed videogames

I never actually finished that game. I fought the giant moon moth, Sif, and Biggie and smalls. I was planning to restart from the beginning using my old ps3. Should I bother trying to get the dlc or is the game complete without it?

Dark souls DLC is one of a very few examples of DLC done right. You should get it.

Shit, I really want to but part of me hopes that a 4.80 exploit opens up since the ps3 scene has been active again for some reason.

Heroes of Might and Magic III. I'm an oldfag who played it when it was released and then on and off since then. I'm not Russian-tier in knowing the ins and outs of the game, but after two decades it's not exciting any longer.

We had a HOMM thread where a person was introduced to the game. Then later he makes a thread about how much he loves the game. That was something.

I think others who grew up during the golden age of videogames can relate in this feeling. The industry is crashing, and there is a sense of panic when you've played all the good games of the past so much that they do nothing for you anylonger. A crisis of sorts. Sorry for the blogpost.

Personally? C&C and Red Alert. Those live-action FMVs were magical for its time, and they continue to have their charms to this day. Gameplay was alright too.

I get you man. 90% of the games I play these days are replaying games that are at least 10 years old.

Those games were built with passion and skill. Built to last. Nowadays you just get wafer thin gameplay stretched over flashy graphics, or indie shit that morons game journos think you should love but are nothing more than pale imitations of what a real game is.

Fuck. Well, at least 1993 - 2005ish delivered some absolutely phenomenal games.

Are people around here a fan of that fucking asshole?
Why does that variation of the meme exist?

Nocturne. It's just not the same after the first play through when you have all the game knowledge.

because when anyone holds a bat, the edit must be made

I'd also try to not shed manly tears while remembering the good times, of course, from a past-me perspective; the good times are still ahead of me.

There are people that actually like Kuze, of all people. I assume it's like being a fan of Yamcha.

kuza still had some sense of honor, i ended up feeling bad for awano, he was a funny bastard but a bastard none the less

I like Kuze.

>Danganronpa 2
These aren't necessarily my favorite games, I'm just not including games that I still love to replay.

Not when you've replayed them as many times as I have.

Port Royale 2 because it was the first PC game I played and still play

Probably Crash Bandicoot 2, might be interesting to get the red gem the normal way for a change instead of slide jumping off the bouncy crate to get it.

all of them