What was entire point of creating Shadow anyway?

What was entire point of creating Shadow anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was an attempt to create a cure for (not) aids

to have a sonic on the "dark" side story in Sonic Adventure 2

Edgy Sonic

Appealing to the edgy side of the furry crowd.

Because Sonic the Hedgehog is such a shallow vide game series that they needed to shoehorn in a darker and edgier character as a failed attempt to pull a Don Bluth and give their shallow cartoons game series dark undertones?

Wasn't he supposed to be the ultimate weapon because the only thing that could defeat sonic was edgy sonic?

To try to make more sales off of an edgy character that edgy teens would like.

Sounds familiar.

Because that character was made to be a satirical take on the very phenomenon I aforementioned that is arguably very common in children's media at the turn of a decade into the show or franchises run?

OW

THE

EDGE

Let the bodies hit the floor.

cute

>whoops, turns out it's not perfect at all but we can hook up our dank ship and power it with the elephant mansquid not perfect lifeform
>makes better ultimate life form and gets shit shit pushed in by King nigger's hired goons GUN

Maria's grandfather made a deal with space satan in order to create the "perfect" lifeform, he did this with the hope to find a cure for space AIDS in order to save his granddaughter

Ultimately he's redundant because Knuckles was already Sonic's rival.

-He's cooler than shadow
-He has more depth, he can be an ally occasionally
-Unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle
-He'd rather flex his knuckles
-He's hard as nails
-It ain't hard to tell

There's a reason Shadow ain't in Sonic Mania.

He got freed of the suffering of being in another sanic product by Euthanasia?

OK OP I got you covered
Shadow is my favorite Sonic character because I was prime edgy meme age back then.

Maria had not Aids called NIDS (Neuro Immune Deficiency Syndrome) Gerald Robotnik vowed to cure the Disease and ended up striking a deal with the Devil Black Doom and used his blood to make the Ultimate life form who's blood can then be used to cure the Disease.
Shadow and the Biolizard being made from Black doom's blood explains they're Black and Red colors.
In exchange Black doom Wanted Shadow to help him conquer the world 50 years later. Gerald planned for this by making the Eclipse canon to Destroy the Black comet but went insane after G.U.N killed Maria. he then Programmed the Ark, The Biolizard, and messed with Shadow's mind to destroy Earth.

The rest of this is headcanon garbage

The Biolizard was based on the mural of Perfect chaos. and Shadow was Based on the mural of Super sonic from Sonic 3 this is why Shadow's quills are always upturned just like Super Sonic's

Damn, I was bullshitting most of what I said but I really did forget about how dumb the premise was. Also, why was the ending so heavy? Why would they let the old guy explain himself before killing him and why would they record it? Would the not United States really execute a guy because he was saving his kid while preparing for an imminent war with said ancient evil?

user, it is a Sonic game with jiggle physics

The same reason dark versions of heroes exist in every game.

American dumbass teenagers thinking Vegeta is cool was incidental; he was always meant to be an unlikable cunt.

I know, right? There was already an edgy Sonic who's superior to Shadow. No reason for Shadow to have been made.

I SEE I HEAR NO EVIL

Except he's a fucking masterpiece compared to the rest of those.

BLACK WRITINGS ON THE WALL

*loud farting sound*

I will now refer to Mario as "Dark Wario"

JUST FOR YOU

Maybe, I mean he did make a Death Star laser cannon capable of destroying an entire planet and it was pointed straight at the earth.

Kek. He always was a massive, unlikable knob. His head was so far up his own ass he didn't even realise his boss cucked him out of his own kingdom.

Shadow Man will always be superior

Gerald wanted to cute (not) AIDS but then aliens showed up and offered to help, so long as his creation also helped them get the Chaos Emeralds and take over the world in 50 years. Gerald said okay but really he made Shadow to stop the aliens, not to help them.

Also they needed an evil Sonic for the hero/dark thing they had in Adventure 2.

Also, Knuckles had fulfilled his Piccolo arc so now they needed to add a Vegeta to the franchise.

Sonic was prohecised by the echidna tribe, and Gerald knew of their legends, which is how he knew about the Chaos Emeralds and was able to create the Artificial Chaos. Shadow was meant to be this prophecised savior, but actually he was just a copy.

The Biolizard was only a failed prototype of the ultimate life. When the government killed his family and colleagues and his colleagues' families, locked up Shadow, and shut down the Eclipse Cannon (which was going to be used to save the world from aliens), he instead used Shadow and the Eclipse Cannon to enact a doomsday plot. The Biolizard was also turned into a tool for a backup doomsday plot. And if that didn't work, aliens would have killed the world anyway.

Knuckles is Piccolo, Shadow is Vegeta.

GUN isn't the United States. The United Federation is the United States. GUN is a worldwide military that seems to have higher jurisdiction than any individual government.

Also, they didn't invade because of the Eclipse Canon (which they may not have even known about), they invaded because of Shadow and Emerl. Oh yeah Shadow was also partially based on Emerl, who may have been the weapon the Echidnas were going to use the Chaos Emeralds for, causing Chaos to go nuts and destroy the world. Unless we're counting the RPG. But fuck that.

Yeah, that's why he becomes the secondary protagonist.

Metal Sonic is more like Cell.

They didn't seem to know about the Eclipse Canon. Shadow the Hedgehog has the GUN General say he thinks they invaded because of Shadow, and Battle says it was because of Emerl.

I played SA2 recently and I found it strange that he's considered an ultimate lifeform yet he needs fucking jet skates to go fast

We never see him without his shoes. Maybe they're part of him, and the jets are organic.

But really it's because Shadow isn't the real Ultimate Life Form, Sonic is. Shadow is just a pale shadow of the actual prophesied ultimate life.

I kek'd pretty good when you made me realize that. Not to mention, during the final fight didn't someone say that moving the station around to target the bad guy was a huge pain in the ass and was super slow? The Robotniks are a special kind of crazy I guess.

Actually I love this theme, it becomes so amazingly cool when done well. But I'm sucker for any kind of rivalry theme.

so what's your Furaffinity account?

Shadow is at his best in Sonic adventure 2. Heroes and Shadow the game are weaker since Shadow character is an amnesia cliche.
06 is Shadow at his second best since he finally stops moping about his past and gets shit done he also kicks silver in the back of the head, and it had to be in the most infamous Sonic game ever.

God damn, that shit gets me rock hard.

What games do this?

Kingdom hearts and Devil may cry to a small extent does this but I know there are more but I can't seem to remember any. To be honest, any game with lyrics in the battle music really makes my day.

when I see cutscenes like this it just makes me sad. SA3/Sonic 06 looks like it could've been really good if they hadn't rushed it, and you sometimes see the cheesy but enjoyable atmosphere it could have had.

To expand Sonic's diverse cast of characters, like foxman, eggman and fistman.

Sonic fans are generally pedophiles.

Curing space aids

They are also bad writers and genuinely fucking crazy.

QUESTION!
How did Maria get space aids? Was she the loosest loli this side of the milky way?

>>>/tumblr/

Space aids comes from your brain
So maybe she just thought about having aids really hard.

Autism's a hell of a drug.

My autism wants to point out that the premise, that Maria was the only girl on the station, is probably not correct. The scientists had their families on there, including more children than just Maria (GUN Commander). The idea that those families and children include only one female is absurd.

Also, I'm surprised Final Fantasy VII is as high as it is on that FF list. I mean Sonic and Pokemon are gigantic normalfag phenomena, and Kingdom Hearts at least has a lot of games and Disney shit. FFVIII is a weeb game with only a couple spinoffs and normalfags wouldn't really know about it. Their autism per person ratio is much higher than those simple numbers seem at the surface.

Confirmed for not being born when it was released. That shit was getting television spots, MTV news had a small blurb on it, and every vidya mag was shilling that shit hardcore because at the time the graphics were pretty damn impressive. It was only a matter of time for the autists to latch on to characters like Red XIII.

looks like who ever posted that was a girl, maybe she was projecting what happened to her as a child. I mean how else would someone be able to come to that conclusion in a fucking video game made for children.

Naw, I was into PS1 hardcore. You're kidding yourself hard if you think that shit was anywhere near the level of Sonic or Pokemon.

This just isn't true. They might have tried to claim the graphics were impressive, but they were shit compared to plenty of things coming out at the same time. Especially if we're talking in game graphics. But of course they would do their best to pretend that the whole game was the cutscenes.

But I digress, I'm not trying to criticize the game here. Just pointing out that it undoubtedly has far fewer fans than the normalfag bait that is Sonic and Pokemon, so the fact that it has that many FFs is very impressive.

The reason for the difference is the appeal of the series. The age group most likely to make fanfiction is teenagers. They would have nostalgia glasses for Pokemon and Sonic but the majority of the teens that would be hardcore into this shit wouldn't like playing this kiddy games. Meanwhile Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts (espcially 2) appeals more to a teenager who may not be as fucking autistic. You then get a larger number of people making a smaller set of things per person i n Kingdom Hearts and FF, and a smaller but incredibly more autistic group of people focusing on these autist bait series and spamming the hell out of Sonic and Pokemon.

I think the numbers imply otherwise. Since Sonic and Pokemon are so much more popular compared to most video games (probably only Mario compares or beats them in general cultural penetration), it makes sense that they'd have a high number to begin with. That's not to say that they aren't also perfect for attracting mega autists as well, though. But Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts have a much smaller install base, so the percentage of people in their bases who are autistic enough to make fanfiction must be higher in order to compete with franchises that have larger install bases.

But I'm talking about why those series have smaller fanbases in the first place. Comparatively, FF is a mechnically move complex game than the (early)Sonic or (early)Pokemon, the original Kingdom Hearts also had a lot of unintuitive puzzles as well in addition to gameplay at least on par with a Sonic game, while the Sequel did try to refine it further. Those two games are less accessible to more children than Sonic or Pokemon, in addition parents are less likely to buy them for their children versus for their teens. Marketing is also in effect here. (Yes KH has Goofy and Donald on the cover but have you seen how dark and edgy it is to normal Disney fare?) Since small children don't write fanfiction, but grow up into teenagers who do write fanfiction, and take it along with them, but are also more likely to drop them sooner for being childish which at the end of the day all teenagers do. Meanwhile, those in the midst of teenage edgehood have games they really love while they are inside the phase of being teenagers, and are more likely to write about them. It's impossible to quantify but I would like to see how much of pokemon sales can be reduced to teenage and non-teenage purchases. If so, I believe those teenage purchases would be a better number to compare to Kingdom Hearts sales especially, and Final Fantasy less so but still important.

The sale size and fan pool is smaller for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy because they are exclusively advertised at teens and young adults, while Pokemon and Sonic are advertised for everyone, which inflates the size of the pool of fans but not of fans who are likely to write fanfiction.

To be the ecstasy aka darks

Did you forget all the fucking marketing around it?

Did you forget all the fucking marketing around Sonic and Pokemon? All the fucking marketing that absolutely dwarfed the amount of marketing, and especially the amount of effective marketing, around FFVII?

After he was a giant cunt and nearly got everyone killed in the Cell and Buu arcs, because that sure made him likeable.

That sounds legit cool and right kind of dark.
Too bad it's attached to retarded furry franchise specifically developed to attract autists.

Milennians should vanish from existence.

Sonic is a series where you gotta take the good with the bad.
I'v learned to except how retarded things can get so I just roll with it and have fun.

I going to post some webm's and go into more Detail on exactly why Shadow was at his best in Sonic Adventure 2.

It may be hard to see in Standard definition maybe not, but in HD you notice that Shadow actually smiles Allot in Adventure 2. he's a smug son of a bitch and it's entertaining as hell.
This aspect of his character was lost after he came back from the dead. having no memories gave him little reason to smile and even when he got his memories back by Sonic 06 his character was now stuck in Serious and no fun mode forever.

Wario was mostly designed by accident. They literally wanted an evil Mario-like character for Super Mario Land 2, and called him "Wario", meaning "bad mario". As soon as somebody suggested that Wario could be his name and he could have a W (as an upside-down M) on his cap, the team fell in love with it and the rest of his character was built around that.

Vidya characters designed partially by accident are the best, like Kirby, who was a placeholder sprite turned into a character.

Ironic, Shadow was created to save others from Disease but he became the gateway to spreading cancerous OC's.

OH MY GOD THAT RHYMED.

Man, I pretty much hate edgy bullshit, and I hate furries too, but damn do I love some Crush 40.
Their music just harmonizes with the eternal autism in my soul.

Man, that scene was pretty cool.

He isn't some infinitely power super being BADASS or something, he's just some guy that got fucked around since birth, people fucking hate him for no good reason and use him as a scapegoat, and yet he still tries to do the right thing and save the world.

just like white men

Man, I love all of these series, my autism has become SUPREME.

I AM THE PERFECT AUTIST

FEEL THE WRATH OF MY AUTISM BLASTS

AHAHAHHFGAGHHAHAHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

SPERG CONTROL

Yeah but any adequately popular series will attract people that write awful fan fiction and are insane, it's just probability.

fanfiction.net/game/

Why did all the SA2 bossfights suck so much ass.
Biolizard was really the only half decent one.

Boom Boo was alright, but the VS Playable characters ones were total shit, especially the Final Sonic/Shadow fight.

Or Guybrush threepwood, who's placeholder sprite was literally guy.brush, and whose plot revolves around getting respect and acclaim for a character who has none.

I think see what you mean but I have to disagree. the whole part of you needing to run while the road fall behind you and the AI using Chaos control is badass and i'v learned how to read the fight so I enjoy it allot. even though I think I enjoy it more when the fight drags on for a while.

who's faster: shadow, sonic or knuckles?

evil versions of characters are always fun

The entire Namek saga seems to disagree with your point

How far the government has fallen

To be like me; Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humour.

Only when done right. I fucking hate it when retarded edgelords like the evil version more and get the other version more spotlight than it deserves.

Fuck off.

I always find it amazing that an innocuous platforming game about going fast made for kids could turn into such a hive of autism.

They shouldn't have gone full animu or furry soap opera with the 3D games and comics. Can you imagine what it would be like if Shadow's game was more self aware and wasn't stuck with the Renderware engine?

In one sentence?

The series had no good 'rivals' for Sonic at that point (Knuckles was mostly friendly, Metal Sonic had no voice or personality), and the developers were eager to do some world-building with future games (ie. their main audience had become pre-teens who wanted 'mature' game stories), so their solution was "Dr. Eggman's grandfather found technology and prophecies from the ancient past about the (now) near-future, he thought he could help fulfil those prophecies, so he made a bunch of shit, including an attempt to create Super Sonic", giving the developers several games-worth of stories related to Dr. Eggman tracking down shit mentioned in pappy's diary (Perfect Chaos, Shadow, the Eclipse Cannon, the Gizoid) and a MAXIMUM MARKETING APPEAL character to go along with them.

t. nintendrone

To make a new kind of twist to an incredibly stale story that had been the same since the early 90's.

It was a trick to re-invigorate the franchise basically.

*Pump cocks MP5*
Even years before I went on /k/ that part triggered my weapons autism

Bannaboy ain't got nothing on Snek.

Is that really a Sonic thread?

The smugness was only him overcompensating for his inner angst over Maria.

Reminder that Sonichu was created before Shadow.

Whenever Sonic games have you fight other playable characters it always sucks. Fighting Knuckles is shit in Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Adventure 2. If anything, Sonic Adventure 2 is the best one. Fighting the other teams is always shit in Sonic Heroes. And Sonic '06's fights against Silver are legendary.

But yeah the GUN robot boss fights aren't that great either. The Egg Golem was pretty cool though.

Knuckles isn't as fast, period. Tails is though, when he uses his tails to propel him forward. And Metal Sonic is almost as fast but not quite.

Shadow is supposed to be equal to Sonic but then even he admits Sonic might be the actual Ultimate Life Form, so Sonic might be just slightly faster. Also Shadow can teleport with Chaos Control, but then Sonic does that too once.

Pic related

To be fair, the plot of the game is literally about Shadow learning to not be such an edgy faggot all the time.

Also, let's not discount the autism simply created by the tv show. The serious one, not the Looney Tunes one. It's that autism that leaked over to the comics (before getting turned up to 11 by Penders).

And to be fair to the games, they always had those stories in Japan. Just the American and European ((localizations)) removed them and replaced them with their own, completely unrelated shit. And that shit spawned it's own share of autism.

So how likely do you think it is that Sonic Team went Full Dragon Ball Z With Sonic 06 and that Silver is Shadow's son. just like Future Trunks and Vegeta.

You realise there have been like five Sonic TV shows?

One of which was the masterpiece known as Sonic Underground.

Every time I see this gif I think the baby has a crotch bulge because of the safety pin.

To have Blues(Protoman) in Sonic.

Sonic is quite obviously faster. Shadow just glides with his fucking jet shoes, As for Chaos Control, Sonic demonstrated his ability to do it repeatedly when you fight him as Shadow in SA2

You couldn't be bothered to read the very next sentence, where I clarified which one?

Shadow is obviously more like Bass than Blues. Blues is Knuckles.

The Jet Shoes are a part of Shadow. That's like saying Iron Man can't fly because he uses a suit to do it.

I know about the localization. I juat wonder how much the autism surrounding Sonic would be reduced if the alternate continuities were more in line with the OVA, The Night Of The Werehog, or vid related compared to what we got. Not to mention the games that Sega kept mismanaging and rushing out.

I fucking hate furries.

VII is the normalfag FF tho

wew

because he's so COOL

come on m8. also that's why you look for jap furry porn, it's almost always furry x human

Beautiful.

He doesn't mean the shoes are literally a part of Shadow you dumb ass.
He means it in the same way that Sonic's shoes are a part of him. As in apart of his Character. He never takes them off. You never see him with them off. There is no real reason for them to ever be off.

Shadow's Jet Shoes are apart of his Characterization as the Ultimate Life form and Sonic's rival. The shoes are similar to Sonic's but also distinctly advanced.

FUCK YOU

Well, the haters won. Shadow's been dead for years. Can't we just let him rest in peace at this point?

appealing to the 13-18 teenage male demographic

Speaking of Shadow's jet shoes, why is his skating animation so lame in every game after Adventure 2? In that game he moves like a professional ice skater but every game after that he moves like he even has broken legs or it's his first time on inlines.

What the fuck is it with generic villain/villain factions being black and red? Why does everyone and their fucking mother love it?
Seriously, look in online games or MMOs with customization and you are either going to see people who wear all pink to look fucking stupid """Ironically""" or wearing red and black.

I'd say it has to do with the meaning those color can represent Black for Darkness ,Evil, and maybe mystery. Red is commonly associated with power ,fire, and rage.
It's a cool combo of colors that unfortunately has been used so much that it's become a cliche.

Because big gaming corps are run by fat money grubbing fucks that want you too to think red & black means bad

Red and black means that they are a bunch of idiots who swallowed the ideology created by the people who rule over you and the ideology that is bank-rolled by the people who also rule over you. Never mind history and connections between all these people, keep larping as a revolutionary.

memes

It's because Hitler used black and red, not because of the ancom flag. You can act persecuted all you want but the reasoning behind it is much simpler than your explanation. It is because Hitler is seen as a murderous dictator, which is why black-and-red is used for murderous dictators in vidya.

Velvet Crowe is Tales of Series' shadow the hedgehog.

What was the point to creating Vegeta? He was made to be Sonic's rival and counterpart to create an interesting dynamic between the two's characters.

TOO BAD SEGA DECIDED TO GIVE HIM THREE GAME'S WORTH OF DEEPEST LORE WHEN NO ONE ELSE HAD EVEN AN HOUR OF LORE LOL

Please don't try to shoehorn nazi shit into a thread that it has nothing to do with.