Given choice for a in-game avatar do you just pick the first one that strikes your fancy or do you import your own shit...

Given choice for a in-game avatar do you just pick the first one that strikes your fancy or do you import your own shit? Are you an edgier-than-thou hides-face-behind-cowl fag? Do you go for semen demons?

ITT avatarfagging vidya: the kosher kind.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/aah59c4r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't bother because shit either doesn't reflect on character's model, or there is NO character model altogether.
One single time I actually sat and imported my shit was Arcanum, and even then I tried to match game's art style and basic character model.
I used this picture.

Yeah, I see how that could work. Personally I ran with related or one close to it. Imagine my pleasant surprise once I saw how important speechcraft and black necromancy are

I usually go with something unassuming and blends in well. Either that or put on the biggest, most extravagant moustache available.

Sluts. Always sluts.

Icewind Dale I only make three or four sluts per party of six, as there's a limited number of matching portraits for most race/class combos.

I've been working on a massive folder of BGEE portraits using a lot of Official artwork stuff, and stuff that replaces portraits found in the Portraits, Portraits everywhere mod.

Please note, the shitty blatantly from korea/Dynasty warriors stuff is the crap I'm out to replace, they're the distributed portraits for Waterdavians and it irked the hell outta me when it showed up.

Have a gander.
volafile.io/r/aah59c4r
Also, comes with the Portrait of the canon MC, Abdel Adrian, taken from his Dragon Magazine Entry. And a custom edit I made, splicing it with his portrait used in the default character selection as well as color to fit the odd Photoshopped BG image look. correcting his skin best I could

On the note of portraits, I must make mention of the fact that I don't think anyone has ripped the default Temple of Elemental Evil Portraits which I covet.

What do you mean by avatar? Character models, photos…?

The best portrait that has ever been made or will ever be made is this motherfucker right here

whew.

i pick one that suits the concept for the character im making, then i make the character around the avatar
if that isnt an option, then i just pick a portrait of a weapon or helmet or something

Sometimes, I am overcome with the force that compels me to make an all-lesbian uber dyke Necromancer party of anime tier proportions.

name of that game?

I mostly upload, but if there is no option to customize the mc to look like me than always choose the bald guy with the beard.

And in before some of you fag start to brag about how this is impossible just check out Shadowrun and Wasteland 2. Poorest mc customize of all fucking time in the [current year]…

stranger of sword city

Anything that covers the face.

Really? Kinda surprised you can't manage to find six in IWD.

Always pic the furry one, because muhdick demands it.

If it's an Rpg, I got for whatever character I created. Most avatars are shit though. Hell, most Rpgs are shit. I usually use this pic for almost every fantasy game.

Only when I'm looking for reason to bring a shit character along.

Wiz.

What happaned to that artist?

I usually pick a custom one, but I don't like it if you can't accurately reflect the in game character's model with your character pic.

I hate this. I should just make grills from now on and avoid this depression.

Only bothered in Iceblink.

Depends on how I feel about the game's provided art style. If I like what they have to offer I stick with that for a more authentic feel.

If I think the options they provide are shit I use my own stuff.

Why not put all that in a zip?

probably autism

I have a disorder known as facial blindness. I have intense difficulty making out facial features, expressions, etc. Because of this I have always played the masked characters (especially gasmask wearing) as masks, due to having only one "expression", are comforting to me.
I also tried to learn to draw and despite my disorder I am better than Buckley.

Pre-made ones because I'm not an autist who needs to play his OC, in single player games of all things.

I still remember the first party I made in IWD
still love it, but now I import silly custom portraits and run around with my IRL dog as my wizard

what the fuck is wrong with the third one
also
thanks drizzit

A while ago someone gave a link to a bunch of portraits, so I use those. The link is dead now, though..350 images @ 210x330

I don't want to use the ones they provide in game, because those ones also are probably used by an NPC somewhere.

I just choose whatever the fuck looks least appropriate for the character I'm about to play. Alternatively I upload a portrait of a clown or some other dumb shit.

In MMOs I make my character as retarded and ugly looking as possible. This has triggered people many times, especially when using rare armor/dyes/whatever and making it look like shit. The RP fags get especially butthurt.

There is only one thing that triggers me and that's when motherfuckers eat my waffles without at least putting some syrup or something on the fuckers. You eat my waffles plain and I'll kick you behind the cock, I swear. Otherwise I don't give any fucks.

If they have a dragon race portrait I usually pick that otherwise I import some furshit

You mean she being a whiny proto tumblrina or how I didn't fix the right side of her hair?

BG(2) was big on Salvatore memes but if I recall correctly Viconia got those purple eyes from Shar. Which also reminds me to change the Lolth symbol when and if I get around to replaying that again.

I tend to be a cowl fag, but aim for relatively nondescript ones as opposed to blatantly edgy ones. It's most often because I hate most in-game portraits for most games, and a neutral nondescript look doesn't piss me off to look at.

Nothing wrong with being a cowlfag.

Depends on the game but I usually go with edited shit.

i make my own.
i cant play a game with portraits without making my own, its annoying.

I always go with one of these

if i can import, that is. if not i go for an old man.

IT'S TAPE

I either pick a default one I like or find a custom portrait that fits with the game's art style.
Wish more games used portraits, since it can be hard to make decent looking characters with 3D character creator.

I pick the cutest animegirl I can, typically a loli. I don't tend to play games that allow portraits without the capability to chose so.