CAPCOM ADMITS FAULT FOR ONCE

CAPCOM ADMITS FAULT FOR ONCE

archive.is/d2Avo

Is there hope they'll finally take Dead Rising back to the formula used in the first two games?

Call me when they admit fault for Street Fighter and Mega Man.

Hopefully if they wish to be in the market alive for next 6 to 7 years. And that was generous estimate

Look, i know i'm gonna get shit on for saying this, but it seems that Capcom IS sorta learning, lately.

Even if you hate RE7, it's at least objectively a better game compared to RE5 and 6.
They're trying to go back to how things were, obviously still in a roundabout way that prioritizes profit above all else, but what they're doing right now IS a little bit better than what they've been doing these past years.
I'm sure SFV flopping hard has also been an eye opener for them.

I'm not saying they're reformed, but maybe we're seeing the first steps.

I dont know much about RE7 but I genuinely had more fun with the Beginning Hour demo than RE5/6 and the Revelations spinoffs.

Hold it

There is a Dead Rising 4?

No, they won't fix anything because they never really admitted to doing anything wrong. They just said they went to appeal to nore people, so there were more opinions now. Besides their solution isn't to make a better game but to
I doubt they are just going to overhaul the entire game with updates and dlc.

Everyone knows Capcom stopped development of Dead Rising after Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

Yeah, I remember a few years back when everyone was screaming "Capcom's good again, guys!" and then SFV hit. They aren't learning shit, which is evidenced by them claiming wider audience appeal ruined DR4 and not complete fucking incompetence shipping out a buggy mess of a game with a fraction of the features that made the originals good.

lol suits ever admitting to wrongdoing. When their harebrained ideas don't work they just simply convince themselves that there was no market for the game and move on to the next series to ruin.

Nope.

NO YOU DUMB FUCKING GOY.

I understand the xbone is dead as dicks and has nogaems but jesus fuck why would you expect them to learn when they are saying "i guess we brought in too many tastes". They are saying they were too successful but didn't add enough microtransactions.

Get ready for DR5 to be a fucking moba.

Yes. Yes.
What?
What are you getting at Capcum? Are you saying you will focus on DLC to lube your money grubbing hands instead of dumbing games down?
But what the fuck does, "However, there was a wider range of opinions for the new game" mean? You got poor reviews because you made it more "approachable" and those new people didn't like the game? How about you got poor reviews because you made the game hot garbage and the core fans of the series are pissed.

They can't admit to shit.

Capcom has different teams and all that shit.
Capcom on a whole most likely isn't learning shit due to too many suits/yes men.

however some of the individual teams, like the one behind RE7 are trying to do something different.

They knowingly destroyed a winning formula, and in the aftermath, disassociated themselves from any possible liability at the crux of the issue. Capcom is now so out of touch that they can't even remember what the majority of Anons/normalfags like and what they don't.

How many games must completely fail until these people finally get a clue that appealing to an wider audience doesn't fuck work?

Until the company falls under and dies. Game failed? Then next time appeal to even more people because you just appealed to the "niche".

I'd say it's more along the lines of cohesive vision>cashgrab philosophy.

All of them

No, capcom have been trying to get the "wider audience" for a long time now and they wont stop trying.

This. Dlc doesn't fix problems, Capcom. They didn't admit to shit.

yes, but now next time they'll double down and shit out obnoxious pop culture e-celebs and whatever current fads that passed by

friendly reminder that DR3 was a buggy 2edgy4u grindhouse-wannabe game aswell

When it's about loss of revenue, yeah, they usually take something to heart.

And its fucking nothing

once these "failed" games actually turn a loss for the company instead of "less profit than we expected"

Resident Evil was never scary and muh immershun. That entire line of thought came from faggots who idolize the graphics of the remake, who led to the abortion that is RE7.

Fuck your immershun, we're blasting heads to up the combo meter.

I seriously wonder why they thought DR3 was a good idea. Previous Dead Risings had serious moments but 3 took things to a level where it was just depressing and lifeless.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's from an investor Q&A, so everything they say is bullshittery designed to avoid investors pulling their money out.

Not really. Did you read the article. It's more like;

But it's so thinly veiled in a way where they're taking no blame. Otherwise it says hardly anything.
Took ten seconds to google they're making Frank West DLC that's bringing back the timer and shit. Convenient article much?

HERE IS THE THING THOUGH. You CAN'T fix a game like this that isn't designed properly. Trash is trash destiny is destiny and so on.

But who cares! They can just churn out another shitty game with loads of dlc in a few years and hope for better luck next time!

I smell shill either way. 100% this is a shill article. KYS chucklefuck.

didn't mean to reply to you

That's kinda how it should be.
Learn or lose profit and bankrupt

But the latter fails when enough plebs eat enough shit for them to break even. At least normalfags were somewhat disappointed with it.

Though capcom may understand, I bet the devs have no idea why their game didn't sell.

They killed Fronk, Frank wasn't in the game

Unless they say "trying to appeal to a wider audience was a mistake", those words no mincing them and no legal mumbo jumbo, I won't give a shit.

Wait, are you telling me the character that looked, sounded, and acted nothing like Frank WASNT ACTUALLY Frank?

One step forward, two steps back

They are just looking for the easiest way to get profits, right now dlc is doing that.
the next step is making mobile games. good thing I have a long backlog of vidya

Disregard this, I eat cocks

As someone who's watched Capcom for decades, you really shouldn't expect them to admit to any mistakes because they're generally too dumb to recognize that they made any mistakes to start with.

Where did they admit wrong-doing? They said everything wrong with DR4 is a step in the right direction. The only thing they said they'd change is releasing more DLC.

kill yourself asap, re7 is pure shit, even the qte-riddled turd 6 was better

i liked watching re7 much more than i liked watching re6.

they're both nice movies fam

Where's the originality and innovation? ;_;

Get the fuck out. And I dont even dislike RE7.

Calling it

All of them.
Since some developers do it for free.

They're the same and they way they work is whenever their aim for "A" is failed multiple times they aim for another target which is "B".

So capcom won't learn but will abandon their actual game direction and do a 45 degree turn in another direction. Resident Evil series is a living proof of that, not to mention Konami who does the same practices.

source : I'm a Asian salesman.

What did they meme by this ?

>Capcom comes to the brilliant conclusion that gamers do in fact still like survival horror game and thus decides to take RE7 back to its roots
IT'S ALMOST AS IF THE MISGUIDED DIRECTION OF THE SERIES FOR TEN FUCKING YEARS WAS THE FAULT OF A TERRIBLE BUSINESS DECISION THAN THE CHANGING TASTES OF THE AVERAGE GAMER OR SOMETHING

wtf how could appealing to a wider audience fail? appealing to a wider audience never fails. fuck fanboys for hating on wanting to bring new fans in.

The issue with this game is the same issue were having in all the new titles: the project directors are not gamers, they are trying to make cinematic experiences that are playable by people of all ages. The people making games would be better off at pixar (if they could actually come up with a storyline that is somthing other than an allegory to modern politics, but thats a whole other rant.).

Its obvious that the people behind dead rising were people who wanted to play the kind of game they made. The people who made this new game made a by the book next gen game with no soul. There was love and passion put into dead rising 1. The devs really cared.
The biggest difference between the two is replayability. Dr1 could be played over and over not only to get the full story or see all the psychopaths but also because it was genuinely fun to play. It was entertaining to unlock a new move or take that perfect picture. It was fun to play the survival mode and see how you stacked up against the xbox 360 world. The zombies looked like people who turned into zombies not generic walking car wreck victims, even the walking animations were varied. Dr1 had issues that annoyed me but it never stopped me from coming back again and again. I wish someone who loved games would make them again.

So have you actually seen what they did to make it more accessible to a wider audience? Also do you think the first dr wasnt accessible? I think the first dr was easy to learn to play. The dev is just making excuses for cutting corners. The gaming industry isnt dead but its in stasis. If something doesnt change well all be old before another new wave happens

Oh yeah ebin horror movie villains and ouroboros 2.0 sure reminds me of classic Resident Evil.

I remember playing the demo/beta for this game, only the first area was playable but it was goddam fun. Me and my one friend probably put so much time into that demo.

I don't know if I ever got 100% in that game, but its one of the few that I can remember playing from that long ago.

Sad to see what has happened to the series.

Wew lad
Fuck Capcom the fucking morons, DD2 should be a thing if they had any fucking sense.

You're a fucking idiot if you believe that.

Capcom has been saying the same shit about resident evil for fucking years. The only thing that incentive them to change their ways was going nearly bankrupt and even then they haven't learned their fucking lesson.

Yeah, they sell it only through the windows 10 app store and wonder why no-one even knows it exists.

(checked)
I actually liked RE4 & 5
Don't get me wrong I liked RE2 and 3
I actually enjoy the game with the campy writing and working with it like in 4
Don't get me wrong things in 4 did generally scare me. mostly the enemies that fucking seem like they spawn behind you and the monsters too.

I found 4 enjoyable.

as with 5.
I found the multiplayer neat and with a buddy you could put off some good team ups on bosses and enemies. In the horror department it wasn't as scary in 4 sense of "quick spawning and monsters that can really take a chunk outta you" gameplay.
it was the fear of being in a new location and how monstrous niggers can be plus having a companion with you for the ride made it scarier because if one of you dies. its game over.
as for chris punching a boulder. I found it to be more campy writing and silly shit.

RE4 was a really well made game that, despite having a more heavy action lean, was still very much a Resident Evil at the core. At least for the first third, it had a very oppressive atmosphere and unsettling enemies with tense gameplay, none of the Resident Evil games are terribly scary but the classics do have that going for them as well.

The campy writing got out of control and ruined those things by the time the castle entered the game, however, the gameplay is fun enough to carry the rest of the game but I think it's very telling that everybody's favorite memories of RE4 come in the first third of the game with a few small exceptions.

5 was basically just 4 on drugs originally. And the earlier versions of the game looked to up the ante by having larger enemy hordes Chris had to deal with and, let's be honest, African villages are scary as fuck to any regular human being. Adding Sheva was a mistake because, despite coop being a fun addition, it sunk the atmosphere and made single player unbearable. The writing would have been fine if they'd toned down the action bit but, like RE4, though it starts kind of small scale it quickly balloons out of control to the point where you're flying jets into volcanoes and punching boulders, once again turning what was a B-tier horror movie into a C-tier action film in terms of tone.

Both of them are fine games, RE4 is still damn good, but 6 is utter dogshit and anybody who claims otherwise is a faggot.

I share your opinion from 2 to 4. I disliked 5 because I didn't want to have someone along for the ride. It really slowed the game.

Or breath of Fire, Darkstalkers, powerstone… this might take a while, might want to get a snack.

I have a genuine question about DR4. Frank West has been known to be infected after the events of the first game and needs zombrex, right? Then how come 4 doesnt allude to that at all, reading the Frank Rising DLC it says he's been freshly infected. Considering that played a key part in 2 and 3, are we even playing as Frank, is this a reboot that only acknowledges the first game, was this meant to be a holiday spinoff, or did the writers forget?

Didnt they change how the zombie shit worked in DR 3 already?

No.
So the solution?
AKA, "we'll just throw DLC at it and hope idiots buy it to make up for the sales goal we didn't reach."

Sort of. DR2 just had zombrex and a gas that would mutate zombies, Case West apparently had a mention of a cure, where as DR3 had something where people infected would be chipped to prevent turning or something, a zombie that spews out queens and is genuinely gross to look at, and of Carlito's 50 orphans plan apparently he made Nick the only one immune to the virus

From what I understand, he's been cured after the events of DR3 because Nick was immune and they could synthesize a treatment from his blood. Dead Rising 4 has a new strain of the virus that's mutated and infects people who are now immune.