Best DMC sold the least

Life is unfair. An unfair bitch.

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much did the special edition of 4 sell?

I don't think that counts DMC3SE.

Couldn't have been much. The ps4 and xbone don't have the player base of the playstation 2 which DMC3 sold so little on.

it came out after DMC2 that's why it sold so little.

Sales of DMC2 look too good to be true.

This, no one expected DMC3 to be good.

DMC3: SE sold 1 million, so if you combine them it's 2.3 million.
DMC 4 is at 3 million which also includes PC downloads.
FUCK YOU sold 1.8 million
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

It came after the craptastic stinker that was DMC2, AND it was the 3rd game in ONE GENERATION, people were sick of it and had no reason to believe it would be good.

Well I'll be damned.

Maybe it should have made it clear who it was staring on the cover.

You do know that sales for games follows the predictable pattern where the terrible game makes the next game in the series have less sales, regardless of how good it is. This also works for good games giving bigger sales to the next game, even if it's crap.

Though that trend may be breaking with the proliferation of the internet. But before that, that's how most game sales stack up when compared within a franchise.

How much did FUCK YOU sell in comparison?

thanks

Question is whether or not they're bothering to count DMC3: Special Edition.

Bout tree fiddy

Shipped or actually sold?

Wait nevermind, it's sold

Wait, you're saying DMC2 left a bad taste in people's mouths? No way.

People are casuals, more news at 11.

100% guarantee that was the shitty second's fault.

What about DmC

Personally I still think 4 fighting is the best. I like switching on the fly and how smooth everything is. 1 has the best maps, and 3 the best plot.

Fuck you.

Not that hard to understand, user

DMC3 got an SE rerelease which is listed separately on Capcom's site
Whoever made that chart is a retard.

I liked Nero

Ignorance isn't retardation.

I liked the part where he screamed Kyrie.

Its willful ignorance because the page right next to DMC3 listing has the SE listing too.

He was alright, yeah.

that means DMC5 will blow those petty numbers out of the water

NEVER EVER

Would the collection be a good way to experience DMC3 including the Special Edition or are there control issues?

I wanted to try out the series with DMC4 one day and my brother insisted I had to start on Devil Hunter. It actually forced me to git gud after a good ass kicking and I loved every second of the stylish action up to the very end.

FUCK YOU had a special edition too, though.

DmC2 when?

As far as I know the HD collection was good. I think the collection uses DMC3 SE

Actually, my roommate bought it once, but he only enjoyed 3, so he returned it. I know it's Special Edition.

More than DmC remake

Doesn't count the original PC releases, second PC releases (steam), special editions, platinum releases, 7th gen collections, 8th gen HDs or any digital sale.

Have a kek

hd collection is 2.99 right now

Devil Hunter is normal in DMC4 just like how hard is normal in DMC3SE
DMC3 was made harder when it was released in US. SE shifted the difficulties by making easy easier, normal to easy and hard to DMC3's normal equivalent and added a Very Hard difficulty making it closer to the JP release of the game.

do you have a single piece of evidence to back that claim up

Meh/10

We needed Nero so Uncle Dante could be a proper uncle. Nero was just a hothead who needs to be molded into a cool guy like Dante.

I tried getting into DMC a couple of years ago, but I got bored early into the first game. Does it get better?

no

First game is shit. Just go to 3.

First game is okay, just be sure to skip 2, also 3 is much better you will notice the difference when you get to play.

get the fuck out of here

More like you have Shit Taste.

flash sale

My autism won't let me.

Is there a "getting started" type of infographic for DMC like there is for Metal Gear, SMT/Persona?

I've played the first one up to the underwater controls screen, which is the point at which the disc, bought from FUCKING GAMESTOP, died at. Later entries looked a lot better than what I'd experienced up to that point. Does the plot matter? Should I find a way to finish 1, or can I move on to 2/3?

The plot order is 3, 1, 4, 2
You should play 1 and 2 despite the "terrible game" meme just so you can appreciate 3 and 4 all the more.

Starting with 1 is usually a good idea to slowly ease yourself into DMC. The plot is fairly easy to grasp so there's no need to really play them in order unless you'd like to.
You should leave 4/4SE for last, it'll help you not get mixed up with the controls when you play 3.

2 isn't unplayable but you will clearly see why everyone says it's the worst DMC game. If you think 1 is boring you don't even know how bad it can get.

DMC 1 has a great 3rd act IMO. Mundus is the best villain in the Series so it would be a shame not to fight him yourself.

Is the HD Collection an acceptable means of doing so, or does it have problems like HD Collections sometimes do?

And more generally, is there an accepted "best" way/platform to play the series on?

HD collection is fine, to really enjoy DMC3 you should play it on PC because it offers mods like the style switcher mod, a feature that's already built in in DMC4 and makes DMC3 all the more enjoyable.

The HD Collection on 360 ran perfectly fine for me. Some people have had problems but i'm not sure how common they are.

There is nothing wrong with the PS2 versions but the HD collection are decent ports they changed the controls for DMC1 to make them match the rest of the games.

DMC3 on PC is a pretty bad port if you don't fix it with mods though.

Nero just wanted to protect his waifu.

he was tolerable. Sometimes.

2 is the last game and shit.
your autism should tell you to the 1st story one first which is 3

story goes 3>1>4
play for gameplay not story.
also pic

nice

If it's not on that list, it didn't sell 1 million. That list is periodically updated by Capcom.

3 has the most depth in terms of moves you can do, weapons, you get, and enemies you fight, 4 is like a watered down 3, 1 is kinda easy so far to me, even with my desire to only restart instead of continuing.

Why does Kamiya just whore out Platinum to making quality licensed shit then save it up to buy DMC?

Any smart publisher who looks at sequels understands the power of brand recognition. In that sense, a great game isn't just in its own sales - DMC4 owes a lot of its profit to 3's success.