X-Com Long War 2

In this thread we figure out, if mods have finally fixed XCOM 2.

>Old gatecrasher mission was replaced You´ll be missed. Rip in peace

There is probably more stuff, but this is all what i gathered from the short amount i played this mod today. The concepts seem very interesting and add alot of new depth which the base game sorely lacked. But time will tell what balance tweaks they will need to make.

Also, i guess, discussion of older X-Coms is allowed too.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/
mega.nz/#!dhFA3TAQ!iC3dG3mkwVa1KgHvgMf4FUeoRChJXpCqqndM8b4NGNU
mega.nz/#F!dt9zRDBC!KUqm9C3kMPq3-oKOIuTTBg
rarbg.to/torrent/qudfpn7
rarbg.to/torrent/xqfg2an
skidrowgamesreloaded.com/xcom-2-update-20161108-codex/
youtu.be/AkE2ksBReF8?t=791
steamcommunity.com//workshop/filedetails/?id=626291285
twitch.tv/totalbiscuit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wheres the part where it removes the rng?

Well, i guess you can make a squad full of grenadiers, but would xcom still be xcom if you didn´t miss a 99% shot from 1 meter away?

Does it let me romance the snek now?

Every good game has a bit of RNG. It's all about your ability to react and control it.

I've been looking at picking XCOM2 up again after putting it down a few weeks after launch because of the bugs. I guess I might as well wait a few more months for them to work this mod out as well.

Kinda this. X-Com isn´t about drawing up a perfect plan beforehand and execute it flawlessly. It´s more about reacting wisely to unexpected situations which the rng cause.

kys faggotron

I keep meaning to puck xpuratez back up. He added under water missions since I last played, bretty gud.

TotalBiscuit made a video on it.

Any particular reason why you'd share that? I mean other than being a baitfag or an absolute bloody idiot?

we hate TB now?

Not giving views to a TB video.

RNG has it's limits though. Missing those shots where your guy's gun is so close to a bad guy that it should be incapable of missing, is not fun and makes zero sense. I can get the whole no plan goes perfectly bit, but doing shit like I mentioned really drains the fun out of it for me.

Do you get mad that your dudes just sit there and get hit in other turn based rpgs too?

The LW2 seems neat thus far, it's got a lot of fixes and content to it. I'll have to see how nicely it plays with other mods to bother downloading XCOM 2 again.
Can we torrent the DLC for bought versions of the game again yet?

He's always been a faggot, GG only liked him because he went up to bat for them for a brief period before disavowing them again.

i excpected better user

sorry i ignore BS like that when he is talking only about videogames, you know, the shit that matters

Well on that topic I have always thought defense should be more player involved instead of strictly RNG. At the very least give me more control of the RNG to limit it's involvement as much as possible. Just my views on it though.

Shitbait aside, what's the game version required for playing with this?

His opinions on vidya are widely shit, his reputation as being a critic only stands high enough for him to be smug towards """journalists""" while repeating the same trite and failing miserably to actually play and decipher games.

They didn't mention any required version, but I would recommend the latest version you can find, it helped a bit with how unoptimized the initial game was.

learn from

he is telling me to GTFO with something funny, not cringy

The turn based combat is a representation of an actual realtime combat going on. In that sense, you shooting at point blank on an immobile actor doesnt mean that the actual "scene" panned out like that. You were certainly close, but likely your target was moving and that is how you ended up missing.

I still find xcom 2 to be a long, boring slag of a game compared to the original or even xcom enemy unknown/within. I seriously do not enjoy flying around in the meme-lenium falcon and trying to micro manage which supply drop to go for and all this other annoying garbage. I know they were trying to innovate, but it just seems clunky and obnoxious rather than smooth and genuinely satisfying and enjoyable. Hopefully long war 2 is good though

It's a mod, user and not a different game

RNG works well when they give you proper tools to manage it. Take JA2 for example: you never, ever want to trade shots with an enemy unless you're on high ground, with better weapons, better shooters and you're the first to fire. Optionally it's night time, you're the only one with NV and his positions are covered in cluster mines, white phosphorus and mustard gas.

I wanna fuck the snake lady.

I really need to try that game. Keep hearing good things about it.

I know it's a mod, but I hope in vain that they will improve the base building and strategy elements of the game that aren't directly combat involved. A big dream, but still.

Currently downloading, does anyone know if you need a fresh install?

(checked)
I don't get what's your bone with this thread but at least you've got good taste in sneks.

What, Jagged Alliance? Not sure how you managed to miss it but yeah, you really should. For one not too many games would make /k/, /tg/, Holla Forums and both Holla Forumss proud. And at the same time no less.

well hes british that means that by this point he must have converted to islam like the rest of his countrymen

This game doesn't work on my computer.

I kept hearing about it, but for some reason I never got around to playing it. Just started downloading it now though, so that should be fun to mess around with later.

No, just don't run gameplay mods with it

It probably won't work on your computer.

thanks

than you should probably take a look on thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/ and find a 1.13 suite that works for you

Make sure your page file is a decent size, or it'll crash.

meant for

More like boner for snake girls, I need them man.

Also a nice new addition which i have failed to mention is, that you can put your soldiers now into fixed squads. You also can give these squads special names and even a history. And i actually enjoy the new mechanic that lets you influence the size of the enemy pods with your own squad strenght. Because if you take only a few soldiers into a mission you infiltrate much faster thus weakening your enemy considerably. While if you take a very huge squad you won´t be able to infiltrate much until the mission expires, so you also encounter huge sized enemy pods.

In other words this game let´s you choose now your own personal play style. Do you want to have small sneaky squads and fewer enemies? Or do you want to have a gigantic battle and wreck the whole city? I can´t estimate right now if these different playstyles are actually equally efficient, though. I have to play a few more missions for that.

If I hack a robot and it is still with me by the end of the mission do I get to keep it? I'm going to guess not because then people would just hack sectopods and use them.

see

Any mods were you marry the snakegirls?
Any mods were you play as the ayyliums terrorists?
Any mods were you can recruit ayyliums?
Any mods that add projectile paths?

It wouldn't be Console X-COM, I suppose, but then I've never thought much of Console X-COM.

DOSE IT STOP THE GAME FROM RUNNING LIKE SHIT ?

Old X-COMs also had a fuckton of rng. Did you even play them?

Nice meme. But yeah, like the part where bullets would be fired at a random angle from your troops' guns - what the fuck was that? So glad they dropped that RNG shit in Console X-COM for something simpler. Something purer. Something closer to properly abstracting what combat really would be.

And what the fuck is a "time unit", anyway?

he has a PC that cost more than used cars

he saying that there are long load times and low FPS

But shoots back then had projectile trajectory, you shoot and miss but could hit someone or something else. Now only missiles do that

You niggers, the game is nothing but pure RNG. In the previous Xcom you could at least hit sometimes, but in Xcom 2 you miss all the fucking time and yet the aliens never miss. It's just bullshit.

is the performance better than release?

no it's not and none of the reviewers point that out.

OP, there is one question I need to ask. Do grenadiers still break the game? I cruised through the game on classic once I had 3 good grenadiers. I immediatly uninstalled it because there was no point in playing anymore. The game was even worse than NuCOM 1 and ran like shit to boot. At least Long War gave EU a lot more depth while remaining a challenge. Does LW2 make the game hard enough that you actually need to put effort into it?

In LW2 Grenadier has been split into strictly a bombardment class and a gunner class. There is now what used to be a rocketeer class from LW now mashed up with a flamethrower for even more explosives but now the grenadier acts more as an engineer from LW1.
I've been having one hell of a time failing missions on L/I right now (mostly from how fucking gay the timer is) and personally I think the drastically overhauled strategy layer was the best they did for the game but take that as you will.

Where is my webm, faggot?

He may be classic trend victim in life, but his video games critiques are always on point though.

I don't know how to webm sorry.
I'm pretty sure watching embedded videos don't add to views counter unless you open it separately.

You might actually be mentally retarded m8

Then learn or don't embed shitty videos. Hell, you didn't even read the thread. Someone already posted the video.

I'm so ashamed of myself I'm going to not delete my posts, for them to stay as a testament for my failure as an anonymous image board poster.

LW1 was tedious shit that swung the difficulty pendulum way too hard to the other side seemingly for the fuck of it. It did a lot of stuff right but it also did a lot of stuff wrong for reasons that I simply can't fathom other than "vanilla is way too fucking easy so let's pile in maluses and factors until it's way too fucking hard"

LW2 is making me really fucking wary because of the coordinated media push in advertising it. It's a mod, for fuck's sakes. When was the last time you saw a mod shilled by the developer/publisher, conventional games media, and social games media at the same time to this extent?

I'm staying the fuck away from this until well after the hype dies down.

It's still free.

Which is why I'm so wary. Why is there such a push for a mod? Someone has to be gaining from this push. But who, and for what purpose?

Long War is now a brand name. Fuckboys gonna mark up, going "it's got Long War 2 now it's really that hardcore PC gamer experience". Because it's pushed so heavily, criticism of the base game can be deflected with "well you should have played with Long War ;^)" and criticism of the mod will get the response of "it's a free mod stop whining you entitled bigot".

It pushes the sales duh.
Some people didn't care for vanilla game, but with mod they might buy it now.

Firaxis most likely. Check out the news posts they make and every time they always link the store page for a game. They know the mod will get them sales and are the reason why they are pushing it. I can't blame them really. EU/EW wasn't that great of a game to begin with if satisfactory and 2 somehow shat the bed harder than the previous game by trying to be Long War-lite.

Nobody is fucking saying that you faggot.

redditors will

Get the fuck out and lurk moar, newfag

What is with the large amount of cancer coming over?

Without playing I can tell you mods fixed jack shit.

"Mods will fix it" is a big fat lie.

This was never what XCOM was about.
"THATS XCOM BABY XD XD XD" is a meme conjured up by delusional millenials who never played UFO.

The fucking piece of shit game ran better on my FX-8320 than it does on my i5 now.

I'd really like to know how they managed to copy over the same bugs from Enemy Unknown/Within. It's just amazing to me.
How shitty is the performance after recent updates?

still shit, fireaxis can't fix shit

Honestly this mod is meh. their idea of "harder difficulty" is jsut "throw more enemies at you" or "make the timer stupidly short". Also a bit on Nucom's RNG

the RNG in game actually changes based on shit like "# of aliens alive, # of dead XCom during mission, # of shots hit"

You actually can miss a shot if the game thinks you've landed one too many. You also get a bonus to the RNG if you have only 4 members left in a mission

So I shouldn't bother? Okay.
I've been playing nushadowrun lately and I'm pretty sure the % to hit is bullshit since half of it is in the range of 92 to 99%.
But it's okay because physical adepts are cool

Which are disabled if you play on Commander/Impossible for EU/EW or Legendary for 2 and you can disable it.
This is the first time I've heard of this bullshit.

stay mad negro

Be more specific, did you get your copy from a bargain bin? Pirate the GOG version, is the one you'll find most support about by searching forums. The game should work in virtually every windows box, hell I even got it to work with WINE once.

6600k @ 4.4Ghz + 980ti here. I recently played at max settings (except AA) @ 1080p and the game ran decently except when you zoom out too much and move the camera at the same time or when there was too much shit on screen like debris, fire or such. Oh and the final mission ran like absolute garbage, dropping to 30 fps.

It's ridiculous how grenadiers make the game a cakewalk on vanilla. And when you think it can't get easier, you get Salvo and you proceed to steamroll everything.

I mean come on. This console-tier shit shouldn't slow down at all on a mediocre machine.

In Front Mission a 50% hit rate with a machine gun translated into half your shots missing and the other half hitting for 50% damage overall.

In X-Com a 50% hit rate with a machine gun translates into half your encounters ending before they've even begun as you dump 15 rounds into someone with pinpoint accuracy, and the other half involving you mag-dumping into a wall and getting buttfucked next turn.

X-Com's RNG is retarded because it implies a gun hurling a dozen rounds down range is either going to hit completely or miss completely with no real middle ground. People joke about old X-Com's RNG being bullshit, but at least it gave you the option for three chances to hit when firing on full auto, a slow but accurate single shot or a quick "hail mary" snapshot - even with nothing but rookies, you had a far finer level of control over your RNG management.

The developers push this mod, because they also worked on it. Long war 2 isn´t as much a mod as it is an inofficial expansion pack.

And what´s wrong with trying something out for free to test if it is good or not?

It was that way in the original X-Com, as well, where a soldier could realistically guarantee an approach to a firing angle, fire six shots that each have their own roll, and then hide around a corner. RNG still existed. It felt pretty awful to miss 6 50% rolls, but it felt pretty amazing to land 6 50% rolls.

It's the same way in most popular strategy games. Even tabletop games like Warhammer 40k has you roll individual shots for weapons with multiple attacks. It's sort of a standard in games. Same thing with RNG still existing. The game is about maximizing your chance of success while minimizing your opponents. That's a common theme in nearly every game with RNG, though.

The whole "flip a coin to see if that soldier did nothing this turn" one-action system is pretty cancerous when every single weapon functions as a semi automatic that fires once per turn. It's retarded both mechanically and realistically.

X-Com had great RNG and RNG control. XCOM had bad RNG and RNG control. Read the rest of this post.

They're pushing it as hard as they can because entirely too many people continued playing Long War instead of purchasing XCOM 2. It is coordinated marketing. They want the people who refused to by XCOM 2 due to it's lack of complexity in comparison to Long War to buy in, and they want the people who bought it at launch and dropped it to come back and buy all of the DLC.

On top of that, they get to rub a graph in the face of investors that say, "SEE? Look how many people loaded it back up! People are still hyped! Look at them buy the game while it's still full priced!" Then they'll make a third game that takes place in the timeline where XCOM won and sort of write XCOM 2 as obsolete because Firaxis.

It's nothing new. Almost anything 2K related seems to get shining attention and plenty of ads.

The problem with your logic is, that you take only standard shots into account and conveniently let out all the abilities in XCOM which let you influence the rng. I mean there are abilities for example which let´s you:

There are tons of ways of influencing the rng in a very nuanced manner. And most of your criticism boils down to that you can´t do multiple rolls in one round with one soldier, right? But this isn´t the case anyway for most of the midgame and lategame campaign. I would even dare to say that it´s the other way around. Vanilla XCOM 2 gives you way too powerful equipment to completely remove rng as a factor out of the game. That´s why it gets so easy in later stages.

Did they fix or remove mission timers?

You'll need a separate mod for that.

My first squad wiped out on a mission where there was 8 turns to get to a box that was 6 turns of just sprinting away.

Had to trigger too many pods to get there in time and took to long to clear them out, got raped by reinforcements dropping in the middle of my dudes.

Sounds like Long War balancing alright.

I hope Xenonauts 2 doesn't end up being shit and that it still has good modding like the first.

This
Xenonauts > Nu-com

I think my post got eaten, but in XCom 2 RNG is actually affected by shit like difficulty, # of aliens alive, # of XCom alive, # of missed shots, # of hit shots

so you can miss shots on the basis of the game deciding you've had one too many successful shots

This isn't reddit, you know?

Nope but we sure as hell try

I love Xenonauts.
I've not finished it yet.

(checked)
Pretty much but it doesn't mean it's not worth pirating

I wanted to join this but everytime i complete a mission my soldiers are still infiltrating. forever.

This only applies to the two lower difficulties though.

What is it going to be about? In the first one you win the invasion.

Can confirm magnet:?xt=urn:btih:MUTIVCX7IZFR7AQ6OFBAMVH7YBMJ63HM& works for LW2 but you need to manually enable/install.

THREE TB EMBEDS IN THE SAME THREAD! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!? WHERE ARE THE WEBMs!?!?

Going by what's happening with the rest of the board I'd say trump related shitposting with a dash of standard vitriol that comes with XCOM(2) threads. Probably also a spergy proxyfag or two going how triggerhappy the kike was last couple of weeks days

Ways that existed since X-Com and are now, in fact, far more limited by the simple fact that Nu-Com places arbitrary limits on who, how and when you can use those abilities through class, rank and cooldown requirements.

X-Com has always allowed you to influence RNG by dropping a pair of smoke grenades, rapid firing into a group of enemies then seeking cover, but Nu-Com was the one that decided to implement limiters to prevent every soldier from being capable of doing this.

Again, old X-Com might have had some bullshit moments, but you always had a far greater degree of control over what happened compared to Nu-Com.

Considering that 70% of your soldiers in old X-COM died from things outside of your screen, i call bullshit on that.

Don´t get me wrong. I think the older ones are better, too, but i liked them more because of their vastly superior strategic complexity. I just miss haveing multiple bases and skyrangers which could be invaded and destroyed at any time. But when it comes to the fairness of rng i think the whole discussion is clouded by a lot of nostalgia. When i start up an old X-COM game and play xcom 2 afterwards, the amount of rng bullshittery compared between those games is pretty equal, honestly.

I'm loving LW2 as much as I loved LW so far, but some things are confusing the fuck out of me.

Why does this happen? Four months in, and I haven't been able to earn a single supply drop, despite having two havens operating with 9 resistance members set to "Supplies" and two corporals as haven advisers to weed out infiltrators.

I'm also having a hell of a time getting intel. I earn about 12 per month at best, usually less, even though I have 4 members set to intel and I scan at the haven regularly.

They said it's just going to be the first game over again, but with added features and stuff you'd otherwise expect from a sequel, the graphics overhaul being one thing

Because X-COM 2 was so easy that you can complete it on Legend Ironman without a single soldier so much as taking an injury. Seriously, any monkey can run through that game clicking randomly and beat it without any casualties.
Most of the coordinated non-cosmetic modding efforts have been for things that increase the game's difficulty, like Better Advent, Guerilla War and Additional Dark Events. A big chunk of X-COM's audience are people who don't want to waste their time on something they know they'll always win. They want a game that has an even chance at beating them.

That's why Long War was made in the first place - so you can finally play XCOM without feeling like you're totally in control of the situation, and so you can finally feel the stress and frustration of getting your shit pushed in by everything being stacked against you. It's called fun.

That said, there are people alive today who think that X-COM 2 vanilla was hard. Let that sink in for a moment. There are people so fucking worthless as human beings that X-COM 2 vanilla is beyond their genetic skill cap. That's disgusting on a level that can't truly be defined by modern language.

It's the Dark Souls of mods!
As in, it's something fake nerds pretend to like in order to get nerd cred. Fallout 1 is on that list now. You have no idea how many times I've seen gmr grrls pretend to like Fallout 1 and Dark Souls nowadays.

I hate that we live in a world where this level of cynicism isn't just warranted, but is actually an understated truth.

I feel terrible now because I never finished the game at all. It never clicked with me but then again I never abused grenadiers and tried to make a balanced team.

Pretty much every class has powerful skills, but fuck what replaced MECs in XCOM 2. The concept of a human sacrificing their humanity to become a walking tank is what made me want them on my team in XCOM:EW

Is there a way to fix the text in Xenonauts? It's stupidly tiny.

What still pisses me off about Xcom 2 is the "guerrila style warfare" and "melee combat" lies. Great fucking implementation of stealth and melee is utterly shit without mods.

XCOM2's UI outright lies to you on what the RNG is. Fixing it would simply be a matter of telling you the truth.

mega.nz/#!dhFA3TAQ!iC3dG3mkwVa1KgHvgMf4FUeoRChJXpCqqndM8b4NGNU

Also for those with a pirated copy I have some good news, the next link is a compiled (and I'll try to keep it up to date) list of a bunch of mods that are only really kept updated on the steam workshop.

mega.nz/#F!dt9zRDBC!KUqm9C3kMPq3-oKOIuTTBg

For those having issues with the LW pack you'll need some shit. For those who want a good lead on a solid crack of XCom 2 look below

Base game:

rarbg.to/torrent/qudfpn7

Shen's last gift:

rarbg.to/torrent/xqfg2an

latest patch:

skidrowgamesreloaded.com/xcom-2-update-20161108-codex/

Shen's last gift torrent includes all prior DLC.

Reposting this from /monster/ because a guy did a run of Nu com 2 on there using names of the BO, vols and writefags and drawfags.

Stop being bad. I regularly complete missions with shot accuracy between 80-100%.
If you're shooting at targets who are behind cover, you're playing the game hilariously wrong. Destroy the cover, flank or bait. If you're in a shit position and don't have enough heavy cover to close the distance, then flash and move up to light cover and hunker. It's not a race, take your time and you can control the battlefield. Simply crying "RNG" is a copout for casuals who can't accept responsibility for their own sloppy play.
Improve.

This update 7 or something newer?

from what I can tell it's the latest update pushed 2016-11-08

So is missing a 99%+ at point blank. Managing not getting killed by things you can't see is one of those things that oldcom finds important (like how nucom is about mitigating RNG). You can mitigate this by popping smoke, using cover intelligently, and turning the ayys' potential cover into a smoking crater. Conveniently, your dudes have huge inventories and anyone can hold the heavy weapons.

Damn, I was hoping you would invade and terrorise their homeworlds

I know that just about anyone who isn't retarded just mods the timers out, but c'mon son.

I hate how marketable this mod has become.

You really should feel ashamed. In the middle of my Legendary/Ironmeme campaign I got bored enough to start using mods because of how piss easy it was.

If you're not laying down smoke where ever you walk in a open field you are doing it wrong.

I'd love a game where you can invade the shit out of ayylium fuckers.

The combat isn't a race, user. If you're in a pitched battle, then timers aren't a factor at all because you don't fight with timers active if you can at all avoid it.

This goes double for LW2, now, where often the best strategy is to take a small infiltration team, avoid contact while you blitz the objective, then grab it, call for extraction, and fortify the immediate area to holdout until Firebrand arrives to pull you out of there.

The last thing you want is to get into a battle with a timer running, because the AI is now trained to use stalling tactics and is armed with flashbang launchers and flying stun-drones - and that's just what I've seen from the LW2 early game so far.
The few times I've decided to play it loose and clear pods as I advance, I barely scraped out victories with 1 turn left on the timer. They zero in on you very quickly now, turning a one-pod battle into a two or three pod battle before you know what's happening. This is largely due to the new "yelling" mechanic, where any civilians in visual range will shout and reveal your position to all active pods within a wide radius.

UFO: ET Gold is a pretty damn good X-Com clone that nobody ever talks about. Way better than Xenonauts at any rate.
Unless I'm mixing it up with one of the UFO After-whatever games, I'm pretty sure you build a big ship and take the fight to an ayy-controlled world at the end, though I think it's only a few scripted battles rather than a full second campaign phase.

It's also worth noting that in LW2, soldiers earn only a tiny amount of XP from kills and zero XP from killing reinforcements, but mission completion XP has been significantly increased.
Combat is something you do only when you can't otherwise avoid it.

Shill18 is playing LW2 and, going by the first mission, it's exactly the same shit as before.

youtu.be/AkE2ksBReF8?t=791

People mitigated the RNG by overwatch crawling and the devs decided that's bad and removed it.

Now the game is simply spiteful towards the player.

i just couldn't stand the turn limits. some levels are unplayable. it would ask me to make it 4 blocks down the street get an object and kill all of the aliens in 7 turns

Honestly, removing Overwatch crawling was one of the best things they did. Now you actually have to think about your future steps instead of just painfully slowly crawling forward and hoping that the enemy steps into your line of sight before you step into his. I really can´t understand the hate timers are getting. They give you a really nice sense of "barely made it out alive" if you evacuate with only one round left. And most of the time they aren´t even that unforgiving.

You realize the timer stops if you have fulfilled your objective? The only exceptions are the missions where you have to evacuate people.

i was bombed by jets a number of times. that's when i stopped playing.

"jets are coming to bomb the area in 8 turns "

I managed to adjust my play style around timers in vanilla just fine mostly but shit like the video I posted where a decently setup ambush goes completely wrong makes my blood boil. That crap isn't the exception either, it's the norm.

I have never found a reliable way of avoiding hits while also flanking and killing ayys. If you try to flank you'll just trigger the next pod because the maps are too smalle.

My favorite moment was when I had cleared a terror map of the regular aliens, the last shapechanger (Forgot the name, the brown blobs) spawns in a far corner and proceeds to kill a civvie. 6/12 civvies dead, mission failed, fuck you. That sums up XCom 2 for me.

Autists hate them, because they think the game should perfectly suit their play style rather than them having to adapt their play style to the game.
Shitters hate them, because they lack the capacity to think tactically and plan their actions more than one turn ahead.

You can probably chalk it up to the younger generation, where people under 25 are no longer capable of critical thinking or putting forth effort. The type of people who can't come up with strategies or tactics of their own, and instead require a guide to spoonfeed ideas to them. These people feel personally offended when they lose, as if it's the universe's fault rather than their own; "MUH RNG" is their mating call, and "MUH TIMERS" is their mantra.

Triggering pods is the most frustrating part of the game

Maybe they should add a surprise mechanic that gives triggered pods an aim and movement penalty. Ultimately the real problem is not being able to multiple actions per turn, if you could do that you could make a fighting retreat and more easily reposition your units.

Let me know when you can recruit ayys.
Oh, and when you get all the shit EW had. Seriously, how can you call it a sequel when it has less shit than the game before it?
That's sequel 101.

As far as mods go, though, I just want to be Exalt.

Stop triggering pods when you don't want to trigger them. LW2 now lets triggered pods punish you more, by having all activated ayys take reaction-shots against anybody who they're flanking after taking their activation-move.
If you don't activate a pod properly, you are going to suffer for it - that's working as intended.

To play the devil´s advocate Enemy within was an expansion pack for the maingame. So a fairer comparison would probably be between vanilla X-COM Enemy unknown and X-COM 2.

But god damnit. I miss being able to slice up my soldiers and turn them into big stompy killing machines with chilling voices

And then people ask why firaxis is pushing this so hard.

I dream about game like mix of Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 and X-com, without rng bullshit, with lots of weapons, with prone and actually cover, with environmental destruction, with actual tactic gameplay

But we will never get it

I must disagree. The expansions should always count to the sequel. After all, what's the point in buying a game with less content than the one you already own, assuming you've got the DLC.

Though, even so, I ended up feeling like the base of EU had more than 2 anyway. Not sure if it actually did, or if it was just the massive casualization of a lot of aspects that made it feel like it, though.

And yet many people have no problems with the RNG or the timers or any of that "arbitrary bullshit" that people on this board like to whine about so fervently. Surely it must be people trying to be hardcore, rather than the much simpler explanation of you just being shitters.

I haven't tried LW2, but from LW1 avoiding triggering pods makes the game move at a snails pace, it's ridiculous.

I understand you have starting concealment in XC2 but after that's gone in LW2 I assume it's back to playing footsies or running like hell. I don't remember a lot about vanilla XC2 except that it felt far easier than the first one

I can't get over enemies with weaker weapons and energy guns using rounds. It really breaks the game, both in term of plausibility and gameplay.

Advent were gay as fuck, bro.
Exalt, now, Exalt had style.

From what I gathered, it seemed more like Exalt was the sort of "Do anything to stop the aliums. Anything." group.
Not traitors, so much as willing to sacrifice their humanity, their morals, their very future to stop the alien menace.
Also, way cooler gear.

In long war they work with ayyliums and are full on race traitors.

Yeah, well, long war is shit anyway.

I don't know what you're compensating for fam but I don't believe you're doing a very good job. For one do you even have any idea what I personally consider arbitrary bullshit? It's not the shooting mechanics

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

get to it you fucking modders

'Cause creating muties and mecs isn't anything. I lmaoed when the bitch said "exalt went to far with enhancement", right after i deployed invisible freaks with altered brains that can jump above fucking houses.

The modding has been shit anyway. Who gives a fuck about animu/cod voice packs? Apprently a lot of people because that's the shit you'll find easily.

I do

This way i can get classic c&c voices instead of shitty fireaxis one

I think what it was supposed to imply was that Xcom didn't go full nutter about the genetic modifications, so their gene mod guys still at least were mostly human. That is to say, Exalt's guys literally glowed.
Mechs, that's on you, though.

I´m pretty sure the council leader in vanilla x-com said that the group has "misguided sympathies for the aliens". So yeah, they are race traitors no matter how you look at it.

Timers aren´t arbitrary though. They have a specific function in the context of gameplay. And that function is to prevent boring and tedious overwatch crawling, while forcing you to actually think about your future steps beforehand.

How are you supposed to plan ahead without any information about pod placement?

Yeah, because the shady man shrouded in black is trustworthy when it comes to "are these guys working to fight the alium menace alongside us, or are you just wanting us to kill them because muh politics and power"

Man I can deal with mission timers but the whole avatar project and the more recent hidden shadow events are retarded by design.

great!
reasonable.
…ok? can I do something about those effects?
you what?

You have in X-Com 2 various means of gathering information about pod placement.

Seriously, it seems most of the people who complain about this stuff haven´t played more than two missions. Otherwise they would know all this.

I trust the man, who was willing to give his life for x-com, more, than the people who hack my bank account constantly and shoot at my face whenever i see them.

Well, you did explicitly send agents after them, not to mention showed up to their places of business with a squad of armed goons.

Yeah, i send agents after them, because they hack my fucking bank account and try to get countries to withdraw from the x-com project. Everyone who is after my money is my enemy. And wearing a nice expensive suit with a tie doesn´t make you any less of a race traitor.

What if he got a pretty tie?

Where else are they supposed to get money, if not from the incredibly incompetent psuedo-international military organization that dumps stupid amounts of funds into absolutely retarded shit for a grand total of 6 guys, while the rest of the world struggles to survive against a global war.

They could start by not blowing all of their money on sweet fashion statements

Man, if you aren't doing it in style, you aren't doing it right. Even the aliens understand this. You see those sweet outfits the Ethereals got going on?
Meanwhile, XCOM is running around in big, ugly armor. Exalt doesn't wear armor, and they still end up with high HP. Fashion > Protection, clearly.

Timers are by definition arbitrary since all maps have the same timer limit.

wut?

Not all maps are created equal, but they all have the same turn limit.

Would XCOM(so no apocalypse) work with a real time approach?

Yeah, that's the problem with map mods and why I generally have no problem with people modding out the turn timers. It's utter bullshit to lose missions because the map generator created a map that actually can not even be crossed in that amount of time. There's a few map mods that specifically create maps that have big, uninhabited stretches of land that will consume half your turns before you even reach a single enemy. This is why while I always play with map/parcel mods I would not suggest them for someone who playing LW2.

Wasn't specifically talking about map mods but rather Firaxis' choice to not make the turn limit something that was dynamic and player influenced and instead just making almost all missions end on the 8th turn for no apparent reason, other than to balance the shitty way ayy spawns work with pods in nucom.

Nah, I know it happens in vanilla too, it's just amplified by some mods. I still think turn timers were a mistake. I know some people like them, but there must be a better way to fix overwatch crawling than making the player autolose some missions because of map generation.

No, they don´t have all the same turn limit, i´m pretty sure of it.

Except for the few story related missions, yes. Most of the game is based on having 8 turns.

And VIPs where it's 12.

Also the distance between the objective and the X-COM spawn cell should always be roughly the same because of how the map creation algorithm works. There is a value for ideal distance, and acceptable distance. The map creator should place the objective somewhere inbetween the value for ideal distance and acceptable distance from the xcom spawn cell. Maybe some mods fuck with this algorithm, but then you can hardly blame the vanilla game for that.

You ever played Dawn of War starring Commander Hair Gel? Doable, but it would require a lot of changes in terms of the gameplay formula like figuring out making the UI not require tons of autism while still allowing complexity. And on top of that the game has to be fast enough that your carelessness gets severely punished like X-Com was known to do yet not be so fast you can't even react to the aliens as soon as the door of the Skyranger opens and that alien advanced grenade wipes you out as soon as you started the mission.
The other thing is it would have to be made on an entirely different engine from the one NUCOM1+2 uses.

No, but a spin-off in the right hands could be breddy gud. I'd totally play the love child of Prey and Rainbow 6.

Out of curosity would my toaster run X2 on all low or what? It runs EW as well as various 2014+ games perfectly.
Or is Long War 2 not even worth it?

I don't know anything about parcel modding, but is there also a variable for extraction distance? Because that's basically the map generations that tend to go awry. You have a long trek to the thing you need to get, then if the extraction site generates at the wrong place it can be truly impossible to reach it in time once you factor in enemies. It hasn't been the biggest problem for me, but I have seen maps in streams that were legitimately impossible to complete without cheating.

It's similar to my toaster,you should be okay you might not be tho

is it possible to install the dlc on a legit copy?

That has nothing to do with what user said, that your RNG chances of hitting are always lower than the enemy's. And that's fucked.

I don't see why not

any way to pirate the dlc?

Can you pirate even the whole game yet?

I have a steam copy. im just broke at the moment.

Maybe because that's incorrect? Alien chance of hitting is awful without mods. It's actually far worse than XCOM because they don't get bonuses for being closer to the enemy. So an enemy who is staring your guy point blank in the face will have the same chance to hit as from a block away. They made a change so aliens get short distance bonuses in multiplayer, and it made them far, far more lethal.

I'm only going by what I read, I wouldn't actually pay for this shit. So excuse me on that point. It was like that in the first game though, slendermen would get crits on you even when you're in full cover most of the time.

Are you retarded or just making contradictions for the fun of it?

Thin men had absurdly high aim in EU. I don't know of anything that occupies a similar place in the balance spectrum in X2. Sneks do have high hit chance, but they come a bit later than thin men did, and their hit chance isn't as insane as thin men were.

?? What exactly are you trying to say here? That's how it works. Aliens have the same (low) base chance to hit regardless of how good of a position they have on you, modified by cover and flanking. The player gets bonuses for being closer. This is a comparative advantage. I'm sorry to say "git gud", but people who legitimately think the game is cheating against them are hilarious precisely because the opposite is true: it is cheating in FAVOR of you.

From what I remember about Thin Men is that they already had a +20 aim bonus over regular enemies in classic/impossible, with another +10 because of the light plasma assault rifle.

try reading the thread?

They changed that formula in XCOM2 and LW2 changed it even further.

I can't speak to LW2 but it was absolutely true in unmodded X2, hence my comment about the multiplayer (only) change they made that made mutons very, very good.

I did read the thread. im wondering if a legit copy I own can use the pirated DLC or if the game/steam will wig out on me

Don't know if it's possible to use cracked DLC with non-cracked Steam games, honestly. Sounds sketchy.

im gonna try it. its worked for quite a few games for me

Yeah but in XCOM2 they gave the enemy the same flanking, skill and cover bonuses you had. Also (at least in theory) an AI to make use of that.

LW2 tried to add shake things up; missiles and grenades have a much higher miss rate, rookies and enemies have somewhat randomized skills, damage roulette is back, armor and cover are much more powerful, glancing hits are a mechanic and not a one skill gimmick, the enemies also make use of weapon addons and dedicated classes and so.

But is it worth downloading Xcom 2 for?
Considering the fact that my max dl speed is 200kb/s

Aliens still have fucking awful accuracy, though. Especially because their accuracy always stays the same through the whole campaign, while your men level up quite quickly. You will even reach a point where your fucking grenadiers can snipe out a target in full cover over across the map with allmost 100% chance to hit. While the enemy always has his base hit chance. That´s why i can never understand the "Hurr dur, the aliens are always hitting. I don´t hit anything, hurr durr!!111" crowd. If you don´t move your men constantly into positions where the aliens can flank you, you should hit way more shots than the enemy.

I don't see the problem as long as you can't reach a point where combat is a complete cakewalk. And I dare you to tell me how combat remained challenging in the original games past a certain point. fucking closet lobsterman don't count

That's your call user.

That´s completely nonsensical. If this game cheats, than it cheats only to support you. For example if one of your men dies, you get an aim bonus. Even if you miss you get an aim bonus for the other soldiers. Heck, the game even stirres enemey pods, who still are in the fog of war, away from the battle when you encounter too much aliens at once. Only the highest difficulty mode completely switches off such tinckering with the rng, that´s also why there is such a huge spike in difficulty from "Commander" to "Legendary".

Again not talking about mods. The acceptable distance varies from map to map due to cover placement and possible pod placements being different despite that distance being the same amount of units.

Only in lower difficulties. Play a difficulty that isn't fucking veteran or rookie or turn the fucking setting off through .ini editing. It's not fucking hard.

Oh shit I'm sorry. I jumped to a conclusion. I'm getting tired of defending the RNG of this game.

God damn that was a good mission. I almost managed to do it zero-combat, too, which seems like it will be definitely possible if not extremely easy to pull off once I can field a small squad of 1-3 higher rank shinobis. Almost everyone got promoted, too. Loving this new XP system stressing victory rather than kill-farming.

It's also nice that LW2 fixes the "engagement line" mechanic from vanilla.
For those that don't know, in vanilla the game drew a line between your starting point and your objective, and all of the enemy pods patrolled at the exact same points and routes at set areas around that line - the same exact placement and distribution on every map, even.
When you crossed a line between a pod and the objective, they'd psychically know where you were and dash at you to reveal and engage you, making it borderline impossible to stealth-clear objectives.
In other words, vanilla XCOM 2 had a built-in rubberband mechanic. When you moved 5 spaces up and 2 spaces left, all of the pods on the map also shifted their routes 5 spaces up and 2 spaces left, repeating this way until you crossed one of those imaginary lines.

That's all gone now. There are dozens of different patrol routes and variations and spawn points for enemies, and units within pods will also take breaks from their patrol routes occasionally to go do other things. This leaves many openings in their routes, allowing stealth to actually be a proper mechanic now.

RIP Anna Kozlova
We hardly knew ye

I wish there was a mod to let you write personalized farewells to soldiers on the memorial wall.

That's in vanilla. You can go to their portrait and there should be a little button to press at the bottom.

Damn how did I miss that?

To be fair, you don't get loot if you stealth everything. I think the only missions they "want" you to stealth are ones with timers too short to infiltrate a full team.

By the way, anyone else into custom ranks and less cringy personalized class names?

I've wanted to try out a mod and change them, but it was never a big deal to me
I've never cared about the class names

Is melee build actually doable?

Fleche is good. I haven't played LW2 enough to judge, but the LW perk pack made melee a lot better than in vanilla, almost overpowered early on.

Melee is risky, but powerful. It also opens up a lot of mobility options, since if you right-click with your shinobi, you'll do a dash-attack that only takes up a single action. It's not something you'll use all the time, but shinobi usually have tons of mobility, so you can bring extra toys along to supplement your utility.
It really shines for digging enemies out of fortified positions.

Missing at point blank range happens in UFOD too, nigger

Those faggots get bumped out of the game early

They sure fill up these threads, though.

look

The guy who made that mega.co archive has a targeting fix in there. But I agree this is fucking terrible.

Well there is a space marine helmet and VP mod, so there is a step in the right direction

I don't even know what the fuck this mission was. It was hard as shit, but it was also extremely susceptible to the old LW style cheese, so I don't really know what to think.
I got a shitload of supplies and other goodies, though, and can finally afford to build a GTS so fuck it, I'll take it.

So i looked and they pushed a patch that fixed the targeting bug, but there is no torrent for it and LW2 requires your game be on this patch

Uhh, user… I have bad news…

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm fucked, but I'm still just feeling LW2 out and learning how to do things properly. It's only the second month, so I'm probably not too deeply screwed, but it's definitely a very slow start.
I now regret spending my starting resources on an engineer instead of getting the GTS immediately. I thought it wouldn't be too hard to snag another ~100 supplies, but boy was I wrong.

At least I'm actually accruing supplies and intel this time around. My first attempt at a LW2 campaign was a spiral of confusion and failure - both well-earned.

still plenty of bad game design and I axed the timer but this was a pretty fun experience

So.. the LW2 (holy shit the acronym) actually made the melee build doable? Gonna install it now, any known bugs?

Oh right, LW2 adds a bunch of retarded new classes. "Shinobi" - What is this, some fucking animu?

Shinobi somewhat resembles the vanilla ranger class. You know, the guys with the sword.

Well shit, I guess I'm the autistic one this time around.

There is a mod for playable aliens literally called playable aliens.

It lets you control as far as I can see, every single alien save for Avataars. They also have access to most of their skills and other level up unlocks to let them come into their own.

There are even missions you can partake on the map to "Rescue" the defecting aliens to let you gain access to them quicker. Otherwise you unlock them by doing an autopsy, then using the proving ground to create one using spare corpses.

You can rename them and shit as you see fit, yet obviously no customization.

I don't know if its even slightly compatible with Long War 2 though.

they took that out of long war, grenades are dmg only now. they do about as much cover damage as a normal gunshot.

they didn't

Sapper and Combat Engineer abilities allow explosives to demolish cover as they did in vanilla. In addition, gunners have the Demolish ability and the Technical class has rockets that reduce everything to rubble, as well as a flamethrower that will burn any cover down with a 1-2 turn delay (though usually whatever was behind it will be cooked by then).

Where is the mod that lets me have less black women

I miss the comic book aesthetic.

go into the character creator

welp

The bigger problem here is that there are people ITT who spent $75 on XCOM 2. I really can't tell if there are Firaxis devs who post on Holla Forums.

The DLC was the worst shit possible.

Fucking flag won't go away goddamn it.

Holla Forums's about 50/50 between firaxis and bethesda devs tbh fam

Has anyone got the uniform manager to work with LW2? can you share if you did?

MY NIGGA

It's working perfectly right out of the box.
If you're having problems with purely cosmetic mods like that, then make sure you follow the directions in the LW2 description and clear out your config folder of all files - those files are altered by mods all the time and they're never regenerated unless they're deleted, so installing and uninstalling mods constantly fucks them up hard. Also LW2 adds a bunch of shit to them that will not get added unless they're cleanly regenerated, leading to even more problems.

>steamcommunity.com//workshop/filedetails/?id=626291285
It really doesn't. It kinda loads in-game but you can't create new uniforms as the actual button is greyed out, and importing characters from the pool doesn't seem to apply anything. The classes are also duplicated with some four identical entries for grenadiers.

That's bizarre. I've been using it with LW2 without any problems. I just checked to make sure that's the same Uniform Manager mod that I'm using, and it is.

Do you have any other mods active? Make sure you don't have any of the other Long War mods active, like the Long War Perk Pack or the Officer Pack or anything like that. They're built into LW2 and cause issues if activated at the same time.

You tell me. What's really weird is how it used to run A-OK last time I installed it on this particular repack.

My problem with xenonaughts was that it just had bland weapons and soldiers gear and some aliens. It all looked to generic and boring and pale. It fitted in the setting but the tall aliens just looked like ayy's in Star trek uniforms. The gear your soldiers start with look like UN soldiers who are plumbers. Though I fucking loved the art for the fighter jets, it really popped.

I don't see anything that should cause problems. You have a lot of cosmetics that I don't have installed, but I doubt those would cause problems.
The only non-cosmetic mod on that list that I don't have installed is EvacAll, but I would be amazed if that could conflict with Uniform Manager.
Sorry, user. Wish I could help.

This is exactly how I felt about Xenonauts, too. Everything just felt so flat and washed out, like baking a cake but forgetting to add any sugar.
When I see an alien for the first time in an xcom-clone, the reaction I want to have is "that's freaky. what the hell is that thing? what can it do?" The reaction Xenonauts (and XCOM 2 for that matter) gave with its alien design was "I'm being invaded by comic-con cosplayers from outer space."

At least its better than oversized weapons and shitty cartoon style that x-com have

I really hope that xenonauts 2 will include customization options like xcom2

Yeah, I'm not a fan of most of NuCom's designs. I like the Predator-tier of armor, and I like the tier-3 Ghost armor or whatever it's called that lets you walk through walls. I also like the looks of the mag pistol just because it reminds me of a NES Zapper.
Other than that, nothing really stands out.

I did like the laser and pulse tiers of EW/LW, though, because I've always liked very square and boxy B-movie type tech with lots of glowing bits all over it. I don't think it fit the theme of the game at all, but in a vacuum I'd say I enjoyed those designs.

There goes my afternoon

Hey, don't diss the T2 mashine gun and pistol. Those things look neat.
The T2 rifle looks like a joke though.

ass cancer is playing long war 2

its been like 2 hours he's reload the save about 5 times because of how broken the game is.

he also has all of the settings on low

twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

How many other mods is he using beyond LW2? LW2 is compatible with almost nothing right now, even basic UI mods break the shit out of it.

just LW2 i think, i wasn't there when he started

Underrated post.

Also, check 'em.

this stream is pointing out how he
is wrong. TB had 9 turns to take the vip alive and kill 23 ayys mostly faclesses.

after reloading the game 6 times he ended up just running for his life leaving people to die

No, user. TB had 9 turns to take the vip alive. He didn't have to kill even a single ayy, and if he wasn't retarded, he would have gone into that mission with a much higher infiltration% than he did in order to reduce the number of enemies to make stealthing easier.
Since killXP has been mostly removed and AI pathing improved greatly, LW2 is more about avoiding combat than hunting down ayys.

Also, bear in mind that mission completion XP is divided evenly to your entire squad based on the number of ayys that were present on the mission map - doesn't matter if they were killed or not. It factors in the difficulty of the mission, whether that difficulty was in avoiding the combat or engaging makes no difference in your end-mission XP reward.

This is also in the Long War 2 loading screen tips:
In other words, the game has missions built in that are designed to be completely impossible and force you to retreat and manage losses, unlike vanilla where suffering losses was borderline impossible due to how easy everything was.

That's really fucking dumb by design. If anything, killing an ayy should give xp to only the person who killed it and to whoever may have helped and then a set xp given after the mission is successful.

This is the definition of artificial difficulty.

You have to do infiltration missions to reduce difficulty or otherwise it would be as if you were trying to rob a bank wearing no pants and just armed with your hard on.

Alright, I've been suckered into tricking out XCOM 2 again on a fresh install.
What mods do anons suggest?
Is the DLC worth getting?
Do any mods in particular conflict with LW2/is there support for LW2 in mods?

You're completely missing the point of Long War's design philosophy - it's meant to drag out the campaign and drag the player through the mud in the process. A successful playthrough should run you ~200 hours, as you slowly and painstakingly work to overcome the cost of attrition an inch at a time.
It's a game of patience and persistence in the face of overwhelming odds.

Since none of this appeals to you, I wonder why you'd bother to play Long War in the first place.

Most mods are not LW2 compatible. Mods that only add in cosmetic stuff like customization props and voice packs should be fine.
Map packs will conflict and cause impossible missions with objectives outside the map boundary.
Any mod that alters gameplay mechanics will most likely conflict, and information display or UI mods may conflict or display inaccurate information.

LW2 is a total conversion mod, so if you want mods that work with it, search for LW2 specific mods - there are some being released already.

I assume class and equipment mods can still be edited manually, correct?
I remember being able to assign custom weapons to custom classes by just editing the files myself, but I've read that LW2 uses it's own dickery for some things, would that be an issue?

There's a big list provided by the dev team themselves they tested LW2 over 500 different mods. Check it out to see what works but in general if it adds a key binding, modifies the UI (not adding) or changes gameplay elements it's either going to crash the game or break it.

You should be able too. I've modified all my tacticool as fuck weapons to suit the new conventional changes.

Thanks for the info, user.

By "broken", do you mean "TB's a babby" or "the game keeps buggi…

Oh. Y'know, in the earlier vid that was embedded three times upthread, TB noted everything the other poster's saying, he should know better.

Are you using the nightly version of UFO AI?

So LW 2 devs say this needs patch 7, however a quick look shows a hotfix for the controler patch fixed the targeting issue

the downside is this hotfix isn't anywhere on torrent sites so if I try to play LW2 it's going to have that bug. and if the hotfix is considered "patch 7" which is what the guys behind it say you need to play it, then I'm fucked

There's a mod that fixes the targeting bug, which you might be able to use instead.

hopefully

does the music mod break LW2?

Because fuck the standard OST. After playing with the first Deus Ex OST I can't go back

I periodically reinstall it to see if things have improved. Last version I played was 2.6 dev several months ago.

The music mod doesn't break LW2, I can confirm that. I've replaced the soundtrack with X-Com: UFO Defense soundtrack.

I think you just need to gitgud

good, so outside the aim fix mod I'll just shut down evrything. though I'd like to keep enemy loot, because being able to get a few supplies or scope when I take down ADVENT with non-explosive kills felt good and it made it a bit more breathable. Might just go bare bones till after OP gatecrasher since I know even LW1 for XCom 2 had issues (some of the LW mods would actually cause issues with the first mission)

what are you talking about? in the steam he says in long war 2 the pods will patrol towards you no mater what you do, you cant avoid them

I just feel the game is spiteful towards the player.
Every game that employs an RNG will feel like the numbers are bullshit, can't help that, but even knowing all of this it still feels like the game wants to fuck you.

That's my playtime of both Nu-Coms yet I still never managed to complete a campaign in XCom2. I guess I really am a pathological shitter.

What is statistics, you dumb nigger?

That's incorrect. That's how it worked in vanilla, but in LW2, the patrol routes are heavily varied and they're quite possible to avoid. One fantastic strategy for rescue and data vault missions is to bring a single shinobi with an SMG and one-man-stealth the entire mission without firing a shot. The more people you bring, the harder it is, but I've stealthed missions with a 6-man squad.

You have to play smartly when trying to stealth:

If you get spotted, take out the pod as quickly and aggressively as possible. Unactivated pods that year gunshots or yelling civilians will begin to patrol towards your location, but will not sprint like they did in vanilla. They'll enter the new "yellow alert" mode: unactivated sectoids will begin raising all psi-zombies within their range, and all ayys will have a ~50% chance of opening fire on you the moment they patrol into detection range. This is part of the overhauled suspicion system.

You should know better than to listen to the mutterings of an e-celeb blowhard, user.

Oh, and if you want to stealth (and want to succeed in general) make sure you don't embark on a mission when its infiltration rate is less than 100%. This dramatically affects the number of enemies, the size of pods, the number of faceless and the difficulty of the individual ayys on the mission. Infiltration rate affects two mission stats: Enemy Activity and Enemy Readiness
The levels for Enemy Activity are:
On "Extremely Light", there will generally be only 2-3 pods.
The levels for Enemy Readiness are:
On Vulnerable, pods will generally have 3-4 members. On Normal they'll have 4-5. On Guarded they'll have 5-6, and you'll see mutons and MECs even if it's the very first mission you're taking. Things get progressively worse from there, but I've never personally embarked above guarded.

Understanding and manipulating these mechanics is obviously a key to success in LW2.

Some crakerz pussy ass bullshit

Talking about dumb niggers it's what are statistics

Does lw2 remove this shitty teleporting bosses?

Which ones? The Alien Leaders, the Avatars, the Gatekeepers or the burrowing Chryssalids? I haven't encountered any yet, but I've still not even liberated my first region yet.
This is Long War we're talking about. It's a safe bet that the number of them has increased rather than decreased.

The Alien Leaders
I hate those fuckers

I heard Bradford mention hearing German transmissions, which references Vahlen and her crazy alien monster research program, so I'm fairly positive they're still in there, yeah.
I'm also fairly positive that I'll get curbstomped the first few times those fuckers appear, because god damn.

still can't get it to play past first mission on a fresh install

did the LW2 devs make it so you need the shitty hotfix or else nothing works? because my pirated copy is up to date outside the hotfix they pushed after the controller support patch to fix the targeting bug (which is reported to not be fixed 100%)

Does lw2 adds any new cosmetics?

Not that I've seen yet, but it adds a bunch of new Advent and alien cosmetics for all of the new units (Advent Engineers, Gunners, Muton Centurions, etc).
I'm still early, so maybe that stuff unlocks for playable units later on, dunno.

Thanks

Is there something wrong with graze shot rolls? I could swear that 70% of my hits were just grazes until i pulled that one slider down in the menu. Or maybe the rng is just fucking with me again.

The "graze band" is a percentage to graze, and as I understand it, it exists between your hit and miss ranges.

So if you normally would have a 70% chance to hit and a 30% chance to miss, you now have a 65% chance to hit, then a 10% chance to graze, and then a 25% chance to miss.
I could be wrong with the exact mechanics. It might subtract entirely from your to-hit rather than splitting along to-hit and miss bands.

The nice thing about grazes is that the Graze Band bar affects both XCOM and Ayy forces equally. The bar is obviously there so you can fine-tune it to your liking, or just turn it off.

So it isn´t a double roll anymore? As far as i know in vanilla x-com 2 the graze roll was only done when you already had successfully rolled for a hit. But this new mechanic kinda makes it understandable why you graze so much more now.

Well, in vanilla X-COM 2, you could only graze against snakes. For everything else, you rolled a single roll.
The LW roll formula from XCOM1 was actually a triple-confirmation roll compared to XCOM2's single-confirmation roll. I'd assume they reworked graze rolls into their triple-confirmation system, which could also account for the increased graze probability if graze is a possibility on every step of the confirmation tree that becomes more weighted as you make confirmations.

I think it's probably something like this, based on what I little I remember from LW1's formula:

So LW is basically:

Miss = miss
Hit + hit = hit
Hit + graze + graze = graze
Hit + graze + miss = miss
Every enemy can be grazed

While vanilla X-Com is:
Miss = miss
Hit + hit = hit
Hit + graze = graze
Only few enemies can be grazed.

Right?

Basically the ways you can graze a shot has increased while the ways to deny a graze has also increased unlike in vanilla where the only real way to deny a graze was to have a 100% shot (and this was added post launch).

I really like those new briefing screens.

Is there any disadvantage to taking a mission you can't really complete, killing a few aliens and getting out?

Whether you evac without completing the mission or you skip the mission entirely, the effect is the same - and unless the mission you're skipping is a priority one (troop column ambush, supply raid, datatap defense, etc) the effect is zero.
Kill XP is the barest fraction of vanilla values, though, so you'll need to kill an absolute shitload of guys in order to level up your troops. It's good for gathering loot, though, for sure.

The penalty for skipping priority missions varies, but it's usually either an increase in Advent Strength in the region (which increases base enemy presence in missions in that region and makes them harder to detect with a high infiltration time), or something like you can't gather intel/detect missions in the region for a month.

3 days late, but thanks user; if the game runs much better than it did on release I might be less of a faggot and buy the fucking game. It barely functions on my rig as is

>it's one of those "storm the advent broadcast tower and hack the giant jew ayy mind control dish" missions from the end of the vanilla campaign
>the rest of the vipers proceed to fuck my team beyond belief and I complete the mission by the skin of my teeth with everybody poisoned and gravely wounded

God damn, what's going to be waiting for me at the Regional HQ? My money's on a pod of 5 Archon Kings surrounded by Sectopods.