FFXIV: Heavensward General

FFXIV: Heavensward General
3.5 NOW EDITION

Seasonal event:
Cocksucker Central (Heavensreturn). Read more about it here:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl [email protected]/* */) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch 3.5
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:

List of Commands(used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides(should cover a lot) - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS
2. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
3. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
4. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
5. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh
7. Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.

Primal Data Center
>Exodus / New Wheels Order
The original Exodus FC, two years old and still going strong. For New Wheels order contact Aloise Astravir, Umbra Fendere, Veritas Vivet, Nano Monamo, or Kh'jit Meniwaers in game. If they aren't online, use the player search to look for anyone online in the FC. View their company profile then send an application. Remember to mention Holla Forums in tells and applications.

>Exodus / Concentrated Smug
Definitely the chillest FC on the planet. No gay or autistic shit. Whisper Rab Bbit, Aurora Soulwood, Balkius Hyorsyn, Charr Moddo, Claws Furalarm for an invite. We're a small, tightly knit group. Glad to help you get through the hard content and the deep complexities. View their company profile then send an application. Remember to mention Holla Forums in tells and applications.

If you're on Exodus and not in either of these FCs for some reason, send a /tell to anybody with the or tag to get an invite to a cross-FC linkshell.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0SrHCAQpyh3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

zurvan ex is awful with randos. cant be bothered to deal with them so back to a better mmo

>The jap title was
The fuck were the local team thinking

we live in the land where movie trailers spoil shit, why are you surprised?

I just fucking killed the Moogle king and am rushing to get through all level 50 dungeons.

Post your cat.

ok. I'm still using the old look but with the diffrent hairstyle.

with just one sidequest have obtained absolute fucking smug

BEHOLD THE INSTAGRAM FILTER MODE

WE MUST GO FURTHER

I haven't played this game in forever and forget everything, where do I grind at 35?

Go to Quarrymill, and go into Palace of the Dead. Repeat until ~60 if DPS. ~55 if you're a tank or healer. (Then just run dungeons.)

And where is that exactly?

the NPC to start it is in town

So it's not a monumental grind?

ok shit I'm reading about this shit on the wiki and there was nothing like this when I played. How does this work exactly? Can it be done solo or is it a proper dungeon?

you buy it using the normal PvP currency, so if you have a ton saved up you can get it instantly

it CAN, but i dont advise it if youre just starting it. ti doesnt use your armor or weapons stats, so if youre just starting it, you'll be murdered. its a procedurally generated dungeon, you can get matched with 3 other peeps, and they can be any class.
there are different treasure chests, some enhance your weapon and armor, some give you items to use in the dungeon, and some just items. In order to gain EXP for your class outside the dungeon, you have to clear a set of 10 floors, as the levels you gain in the dungeon wont relfect you on the outside

I've not done any PvP so far.

I wouldn't say I'm just starting, I did have 2 classes at 50 when I last played but I'm still getting back into things. For reference, my WHM has thyrus zenith which was the highest relic tier at the time. I'm playing as a 34 arcanist currently, would it be better to go in as SMN or SCH? And are there any other mechanics I should know about going in there?

traps will fuck you raw so don't run around willy nilly

no no imean just starting PotD, you go in at lvl one with no aetherpool armor or gear, so effectivly NO DEFENSE

as smn though it's easy, i went from 0-30 solo first time with no problem

What makes smn so easy exactly? This shit seems really complicated and intimidating to me so I don't want to just jump in dick first and fuck everything up.

Time to bully the localization team. Make the syurpfuckers wish they never took the job.

18k marks per set, you can get 250 to 500 in about 5 minutes via feast. Even if you lose every match it won't take TOO long to get a set, and there's no increase in value like with the Yokai shit.

im assuming the ranged makes it easy? so far ive only gone through as a mnk and a drk

man these dungeon ques are long. Atleast i have good excuse to sort my pics in my folders

lol, wuts Q time?

ranged helps, also can sorta heal yourself if needed between potions for a while and have titan tank the bosses if you keep him alive
it isn't complicated after you go in and mess around a bit

you can just get your tank summon and let him go on auto mode.

Not him but I tried 50-60 for fun and I didn't have any problems. Just send titan egi and make sure he has 100% uptime on the regen skill you can give him. You are ranged so you shouldn't ever be in a position where you fight more than 1 at a time.

Least I got a cool looking turban

Sounds good. The mount included in that math or is that it's own thing?

And is it actually time efficient to do this solo?

no, i only did it solo because I'm an autist

20 to over 30 mins for DPS

To get the mounts, you need to first buy left side (minus belt) for a specific set, show it to the Rekka NPC to get a title, then win matches wearing the title. Gouten is 30 feast victories, Ginga is 10 frontline victories, and Raigo is a combined 60 victories, meaning that you only need 20 after getting Gouten and Ginga. Every match gives you marks even if you lose, so you can slowly buy sets as you grind for the mounts.

HAAAAA my fucking sides
This sounds doable.

The NPC is officially named Disreputable Priest, but it's Rekka. They can't fool me.

The coat is a dead giveaway. Nice.

FUCK ME WHAT THE HELL

forgot my pic

All i know is I'm cooking potatoes for fucking dinner tonight

I don't follow your threads, but reminder that Garo became shit after they got rid of Kouga. I wish it never existed to not be spoiled to almost perfect japanese superhero series.

The last movie with him, the one that's based on Wizard of Oz, was fucking perfect.

I miss Kouga too. They're letting Zero have the spotlight(again) but it doesn't look all that promising.

Sounds like I'm doing some PvP then.

this is probably one of the best patches for quality of life

How long till vid related?

Summoners their pet disappears as well when they mount and reappears upon dismounting.

Funny, I made a webm of that scene too.

BLU soon.

FUCKING ALA NIGGERS REEEEEEEE

like i get they needed to provide a reason for stormblood, but holy fuck ala mhigo was a mistake. that entire city state should have been purged long ago. nothing but trouble for the rest of eorzea.

i swear to god the entire state of ala mhigo is one giant redpill.

what about those pale blond eye blue haired ala mhigans that somehow exist like yda?

I will laugh my ass off if the big reveal of 4.0 is that the brown al miggers chased off Yda tier al mingos to proclaim they wuz kangs and we get to restore Ala Mingo to it's rightful bloodline.

I'm really looking forward to Stormblood. I've been itching to kill some Imps for awhile now. God bless Ilberd, he was the hero we needed.

my personal opinion is that they are a higher caste/class of ala mhigan. royalty or nobility perhaps.

so you have ilberd who is quite obviously of plebian, peasant stock, making plebian, peasant decisions that are short-sighted and quite damaging. in other words, a nigger who got uppity.

my fucking thoughts exactly.

Started to go cross eyed trying to read that. With a little more work you might be able to cure dyslexia or cause seizures. Good work user.

I'm a little upset that half the cool-ass cutscenes from the patch trailer are for Part 2.

i don't think i'm doing this right.

Is this the feeling of being casual?

holy shit did fisher get easier to level? im fucking flying through these 50+ levels

They upped the XP

was it during this patch? because i was leveling pretty fast before it hit. This is almost ridiculous though

If only if there was some place that you could check patch notes.

SIXTY NIGGERS, THOSE FUCKS FIXED THIS SHIT BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO PUT SHIT ON MY FIREPLACE! I AM MAD AS FUCK!

Seriously?

Well, guess that portrait of the Admiral ain't getting moved anytime soon

Can I PLEASE side with the empire now?

Despicable…

>literal allagen golem thinks it has rights in the thread or in game

have fun in ala mexico

so I just finished the main story
are we going to have to fight Rhalgr in 3.5.5 or will he be the final boss in the expansion?

Should I keep leveling up Dark Knight or continue the other Heavensward quests?
My only level 50 class is Dragoon

Probably powered down version followed by final boss

WHERE THE FUCK IS SOHM AL HARD MODE?

I got Heavenward on sale but haven't had the time or bother to play until now. How much do you have to do before getting to the new shit? Also which FC should I join? Why are there two anyway? Thanks.

ass end of south idyllshire by that fountain

Oh my god thank you.

No. 1.0 was so garbage that SE canonically summoned bahamut to destroy it. Unless you're mental deficient and think 2.0 ARR was 1.0…

i had to look in the patch notes for the damn coordinates to find that stupid moogle. they really couldn't have put him in a more out-of-the-way place

oh boy! i got newbie tank

That scene where you visit Haurchefant his grave is that in the mqs or a sidequest?

Sick numbers are wasted on you being a fucking idiot. You can't commend people with whom you formed a party.

It's just an upset dps crying about lack of hearts. The average Nin is a serious offender.

was it rape?

Fuck yes this was easily the best decision SE made in the entire game's lifespan

Get to 60 on something.

DRKs are way overrated

thank you

are you daft m8y? trippy mctriperson here is saying that the dude in was with a 3-man premade as the solo guy. i.e. the other 3 guys had no choice but to commend him.

with those hitler dubs, high probability.

I'd let them gangbang me in a dark ally if the glamour is sexy enough

What's the most fun DPS to level that's actually somewhat useful?

Anything but bard and summoner. Ninja and monk in particular are the kings of fun, but shitters will hate you for playing them

Yeah SMN is boring as fuck and it's the only DPS I have up to 60. Was considering the MCH, but I want something that's at least somewhat viable in a group too.

BTFO

mch is viable just a pain in the ass to play to avg or above level.

MCH is what i understand is viable. It just diffucult to play it since it uses multiple inputs

The moment there's the chance to join them I'm taking it

What do you mean it uses multiple inputs?

Can I also say pls respond?

Get a DRK to 60 asap, they're the best MT in the game.

Both FCs are equally bad. Go nWo if you like Holla Forums, SMUG if you like /a/, smug anime and ERP.

I bought it 20 days ago and played it every day for at least 8 hours. I'm at the start of patch 2.1 content, people in my FC tell me I have a long way to go to get to the expansion. Granted, I did waste a lot of time leveling 2 crafting and 1 gathering skill. I'm level 53.

the MCH has difficult rotation but god damn it can dish out good amount DPS. here's a example that i googled it

Difficult rotations I don't mind at all. That looks fun as hell, gonna try it out next time I play.

Difficult?

why are Dark Knights so shit?

because they're just wannabe edgelords

Now that you mentioned monks, the majority I've encountered are shitters. Like, today, one was constantly running in front of me (I'm a tank) pulling mobs making me spam flash scramble with building up aggro.

As for DRKs, they've become a meme.
So that's what you get, it's your own damn fault

Most dork knights haven't leveled any tank besides this so they have no idea how a tank should be played and don't have any crossclass shit either

This current season of anime is pretty good, but I do have a disdain for jews.

Could always choose the old fashioned way. Do you have more Holla Forums or smug anime reaction images? go with whatever FC you have more of.

That's absurd that DRK doesn't require levels in warrior or paladin. Speaking of shitty class decisions, WHM and SCH should be able to take abilities from AST, specifically lightspeed. I refuse to take Blizzard 2 as an additional action.

I'm planning on getting DRG to 60 (currently 52) and then I'll get DRK to 60
I don't have any good gear for DRK tho, hope people don't hate me

Bruh, how could you possibly have good gear if you're not level 60?

could run PotD but then he'd still have to run dungeons to grind welfare gear.

That'll eventually get him a weapon, but he still has to wait until 60.

Grinding is always such a pain in the dick anyways. I almost never win gear rolls in dungeons as I level.

the content isnt going anywhere and with roulettes youll almost always get DF to play the dungeons. Just relax and enjoy the game

Buy shit from whatever grand company you joined. DRK starts at level 30 so you can get a decent bit of gear at that level for grinding up to 60. Replace it whenever you can. If you've got a lot of poetics saved up you can get a set of Ironworks tanking gear that could last you all the way from 50-60, though you'll feel squishier the closer you get to the cap.

I do have more anime. You're right. Smug it is. I'll have to send a tell to "Rab Bbit" or whoever later on. That's a pretty dumb name though. Why not Rabbit as first then something else as last?

Send it to Aurora Soulwood he's on more often than Rab Bbit.

Just look up anyone listed in the OP, view their company profile, and send in an application. Just make sure it includes something about Holla Forums and then whoever is online can accept it.

Reel in your autism sperg buglar.

Seeing as how I only ever played ARR I think of 2.0 as 1.0.

I'm the same way honestly.

We're discussing an an Asian MMO on a japanese styled image board. I'm fairly sure everyone on here is autistic as fuck. If you're not an autist I don't know what the fuck you're doing on this website.

Auts or not, calling ARR 1.0 is just the wrong thing to do

I'm just saying I see ARR as 1.0 instead of 2.0 user.

That isn't autism, that is being objectively wrong about something

there it is again…

Hey, I'm not going to judge. I mean, takes one to know one eh?

I don't think anyone was objectively calling FFXIV 2.0 1.0, rather we saw it as our 1.0 since we never bothered with that dumpter fire that was the real 1.0.

Feel free to die on your autistic hill though you sperg burglar.

Never forget

youre such a faggot. your feelings dont override the objective fact that ARR is not 1.0

Your fresh dose of wallpapers.

Are the Hogwarts quests worth going through?

No one ever debated the objective fact that 2.0 wasn't 1.0. What are you on about sperg burglar?

If no onw in here knows how to get the wind up moon - give the same pot you gave an elixir to for the wind up sun a hi-elixir this time

SAM was datamined.

BET ITS A TANK TOO

No clue. Could also be a clever ruse.

PLEASE BE TRUE

Who's the cutie, how long do I have to play the game before I can see her, and where is she?

newfag
What's SAM?

samurai

That asshole with the green eggs and ham

another two handed dmg dealing tank guess they are trying to remove paladin at this point

As a PLD main I'd be fine with that.

I really hope thats not the case. I think enough people were upset that DRK was a tank that Yoshi and the crew decided the next 2h melee shouldnt be a tank.

that and 1000 time forded nippon steer

But if Red Mage is DPS, what the hell could Samurai be? Healer?

I'd perfer that to a tank. Sudoku yourself to heal your group.

tank/dps hybrid

Could a Samurai as a Healer even work?

This is more likely but then I have to ask why only release a DPS and DPS/Tank hybrid with no healer class?

Is RDM completely incapable of healing? Weren't they always the jack of all trades class that could do a bit of everything? Why wouldn't that be the case this time?

Sounds a bit lazy then, two hybrid classes to avoid adding a third.

Why wouldn't they add a third? Because it's not in the little bit of data we have?

In all past FF they could heal yeah, but anecdotally i've never used a RDM for anything but damage/debuff and last ditch cures

Didn't they say they'd reveal a job in January and then another one next month? That's only two.

they said they only roughly revealed half of stormblood EU is gonna basically show the remaining half

So it's drk/war, again.

probably gonna be war/sam depending on what sam brings to the raid

Actually, we have no clue what it is. Faggot.

Anything to get rid of DRK shitters.

So it's drk/war, again.

Maybe, maybe not. I recall a rumor that balancing 3 new jobs was a nightmare and that they didnt want to do it again. Cannot confirm this though

which one should i choose

Stay with him. Maybe the explosion will fix your face.

I chose the second option because I'm not a cunt, but it doesn't fucking matter like every choice they give you.

IT'S FUCKING WORTHLESS AS GLAMOUR PIECES! GOD DAMN, I'M MAD AS FUCK!

>group wipes three fucking times with the asshole goblin at

Go look at the machinist weapon. Thats all you need mang.

He's the faggot that hangs out with Yda, right? Leave him to fucking die.

I need that

its super effective against living things!

Any autists figured the relic light shit out? now its confirmed to be the bis by the end i assumed more would jump on it, all i know is zurvan gives trash light but the new dungeons give huge light.

At least i got the marks for my first garo piece…

So people bitch about DRK being shit, but is it because of the class actually being weak or are the people that play it just retarded?

A well played DRK is great. Finding a well played DRK is… something else entirely.

Sorry. Asking again since I only had a half reply but thank you for those who replied

Oh so sorry. Just also to ask

Just so I know if I should stick to a melee oriented class to raise my STR for melee RDM or maybe I need to go White Mage/Scholar to raise MND for a magical RDM

Jesus man are you Canadian?

it is FF14 online, do whatever you want there is no wrong unless you are actually just shit. have fun with it.

Raising attributes is per job.Thus, when you job swap, you have a different set of attributes to play around with (just dump all the points into the primary attribute of that job). Only exception is Summoner and Scholar, because they share the same base class.

it's likely to be dex since it's a ranged dps like bard/mch

Well that depends on what cross class skills RDM gets, if any. Since it's a melee/caster hybrid, just level whatever looks like fun for now. Note that both healers and tanks can turn on a stance to have enough dps for solo shit.
Most of the content is just typical mmo quests, so yes. Sometimes you have to do dungeons as part of the quest chain, but you can just queue for it and get a group no problem.
Just do the main story quest. It should get a character to max with minimal grinding needed.
Literally any order is viable. Sometimes a job will really want a certain cross class skill to function ideally, nut this isn't necessary until you're doing real dungeons/raids.
Male/female has no mechanical impact, but race does affect starting stats. However the difference is maybe 5 points between highest and lowest stats and at max level with appropriate gear you're going to have several hundred in each stat so the difference is essentially nothing.

don't know if cross class skills will play in the upcoming expac so if you want casting practice play a blm or smn to get a feel for this games casting.

no story involves dungeons to complete so you'll need to do content don worry people are joining the game so sometimes they don't take long to que for.

Follow main story quest do some fates along the way 1-50 is pretty easy now for your first class

brd and mch are viable brd is easier to play mch you can't get till unlock heavensward content but mch is also much harder to play at 60.

races don't make much of an impact maybe a few stat points here and there but nothing to go crazy over

even at 250 for a loss from the shitkings with 4k for the most pricey stuff thats not an insane way to get the Garo gear.

You will need to party up for HW content at least once (first and latest expack) to beat it, then you can forget about most of it if that's your cup of tea. Older (ARR) content can be unsychned (level not scaled down, custom party size). You can solo through Deep Dungeon to grind up levels/tomes once it is unlocked for you to, and then go back and unsych ARR content if you're that dead-set on soloing. Most content to progress through main story quests and sidequests are pretty much just solo events.

Don't think anyone is quite sure what the crossclass/attributes for it will be. I'm actually guessing it will be an INT-based ranged/melee hybrid, so it may get thaumaturge for swiftcast and archer for raging strikes.

Was meant to be: Starting stat variations between races and the amount of elemental resistance you get from your chosen deity are so insignificant they might as well not exist. Only real difference that can stem from it1 would be getting stat bonuses from certain nodes as a gatherer one level earlier - which is minor.

Level your Dragoon, when the new xpac comes out, the new classes were meant to start at 50 i heard. So you can get a tank or healer up and running more quickly.

that took fucking forever, what a shitshow.

oh, so I shouldn't bother with leveling it now and jsut go ahead? damn, wish i knew this sooner

It will much more than likely require for you to progress through all story quests through HW before you can access the new classes, much like it needed for you to do the MSQ up to HW to access DRK, MCH, and AST. This will require a level 60 regardless. May as well stick with DRG if you have all the crossclasses for it already.

no, red mage will unlock in the base game.

Huh, didn't hear of that. Neato. I stand corrected.

So what is the new combat exactly? Just more streamlined rotations? Or there are actual changes?

"New combat" was promised for Stormblood, so jack shit for now.

Off I fuck then.

WHAT IS THIS TRICKERY?!

A good chunk of the Dark Knight's kit is locked if you're in Grit, the job's tank stance. Even more of it is locked if you're not in Darkside, which saps your MP and prevents MP regen while in combat while providing a big damage increase to everything you do. Large portions of the Dark Knight's kit also cost MP to use, and the majority of your MP Regen is limited to a 15 second cooldown on a 60 second timer that can't be used while in Grit. As a result, the proper way to play Dark Knight is to try to be in Grit as little as possible.
I haven't run into any issues with Dark Knight tanks myself, but then I haven't done much group content beyond dungeons at all until the past few weeks.

Already started leveling DRK before knowing they'll just get upped to lvl50, and no, i don't think I have all the crossclasses for DRG, what are them anyway?

Marauder to lvl 26 to crossclass Mercy Stroke and Pugilist to lvl 12 to crossclass Internal Release. Pugilist's 42's Mantra is pretty useless on DRG, so don't bother unless you're nolife scum like me and just get all the combat classes to 60.

Also, don't think DRK will get upped to lvl 50 since it is HW class, unless I missed something, just that RDM and SAM? will since they're the new classes coming out in HW for the increased level cap. However, when HW dropped the Armory Bonuses to XP (you get an increased bonus to XP gain for 1-50 if you have a class at 50, and to 50-60 if you have a class at 60) increased, so I imagine armory bonuses will increase for older content.

=coming out in Stormblood.
Jesus fuck I need to stop drinking hard on Tuesday nights.

its the queen of darkness, get to level 60 and do the new end game raid and you will see her.

I actually hope its a dps/tank hybrid because DRK was more or less a MT so if were gonna get any new tanks in this game it needs to be an OT.

Because it would break the holy trinity FFXIV's battle system is founded on. At most RDM will be a SMN tier healer. A source of emergency raises and the occasional cure spell.

Is there a mob you can grind your chocobo on that drops something useful to sell? Fates only give exp and company seals so that seems a bit empty to grind.

some FATEs also give minions. what level are you anyway?

Maps. They tend to spawn large numbers of enemies in short order and are always level appropriate.

Other than that chimeras and amphiteres in Azys Lla drop chimera manes and amphiptere skins respectively crawlers in the hinterlands drop cocoons. Not the best shit but not terrible.

I dinged level 60 but I have to sit in those 20min queues for the endgame story dungeons. Thought I might as well grind that chocobo I neglected all this time.

well in that case you can grind the bots in azyz lla like I occasionally do. they are right next to the aetheryte

Not directly related to FFXIV, but can anyone translate this shirt at all? I have this shirt, and can't find a translation online. I half expect it to say something retarded.

What is she looking at?

What on earth is she looking at?

I can't be the only one who's noticed that all mentors are either absolutely shit at whatever they are doing, or tend to freak the fuck out over dumb shit.

It's called provoke dipshit, also it's fucking level synced, your item lvl 320 or whatever isn't going to FUCKING MATTER ON A LVL 50 RAID YOU RETARDED CUNT

The ironic thing is I usually do DRK as a off tank, but even I recognize that vast majority is shit

Most mentors are shit and don't deserve the crown.

The problem is that it's waaaaaaaay too easy to qualify for a PVE mentor title.

the mentor crown with the sword should be exclusive to people who've cleared the hardest savage mode fight of that patch. would actual have some prestige then.

Those 30 leves did not seem well spent.

are floors 50+ better exp than 1-50? which should I use for leveling a new job?

Guys, I'm starting to think DPS and healing are more demanding than tanking. I've been tanking for a while, got to lvl 55. Just did Thornmarch on extreme. I mean, tanking that wasn't easy, you have to cooperate with the other tank, kite the boss, etc. But compared to the work healers and dps players do, it's piss easy. The same with the Diabolos fight, for example, in that one dungeon. I'm at a point with my PLD when I can manage in dungeons without activating shield oath, I have no problems holding enmity.

I don't know, I feel like I should go for dps instead of taking my tank to 60 and gearing him.

mistakes as the tank are usually catastrophic though

That shit doesn't fly in JP parties. If you get to a boss fight without activating Shield Oath, JP players are likely to sit back and complain until you trigger that stance, then vote-kick if you fail to comply.

I have no problem with shield oath, it's just that I'm under the impression most players want me dish out as much dps as possible so I stance dance as much as possible. Granted, I'm not an idiot, if a pull is big and dps start using aoes, of course I'll go shield oath.

Yeah, but up until now at least, my role hasn't been that hard. I've been rushing lvl 50 dungeons. Before I enter a new one I spend 5 minutes on the wiki reading up on the bosses and everything goes smoothly. On the other hand dps have to dodge all the random boss attacks, heals have to keep an eye on debuffs and know when the right timing to heal is, etc.

A1S is god tier for light farming. Almost about to hit my 5th rune.

The scary part is that I can trigger Shield Oath at the start of a dungeon, and still dish out as much damage as the DPS if they don't know how to manage cooldowns, position themselves and chain combos. There are so many mediocre players who don't spend time (esp. in Hall of the Novice and Guildhests) working on their game, and queue up expecting a free ride.

Even if you don't have an AOE attack available, just spam Flash and make those fuckers earn their keep. Pulling two mobs at a time is even better.

The only downside from expecting people who aren't first-timers to keep up is that a few FCs have blacklisted me. I'm not allowed to join their members' farming parties, and crafters are encouraged not to trade with/accept contracts from my character. Oh well. I smile every time one of my retainers sells a ridiculously overpriced item on the Market Board, and the buyer was with one of those FCs.

Wish me luck lads I might end up killing myself

b-but we wuz magi an shiiieeeeeeeeeet

new hildy did not disappoint. Very pleased with it; oil handjob and all. That aside, did anyone else notice how fucking cheeky everyone is this patch? They all put their best dreamworks faces on and gave cheeky ol' grins.

also, is the garo NPC here to stay or is it just like a temporary event thing?

Eh, maybe I'm too accommodating, I don't even mark targets, I just let them attack whoever the fuck they want.

The main problem I have is that the DPS players are by far the least likely to have read up on a dungeon or a trial. Which means that tanks often have to assume leadership. Just one example, I did Thornmarch on hard yesterday, it was my first time. And we wiped 3 times because dps players didn't have a clue that they have to kill all the moogles. Then I said okay fuckers, I'm gonna mark a target to attack and you will not attack anything else and of course we cleared it no problem.

I don't know, now that I've become very comfortable at tanking, I have the urge to level a DRG. Maybe it's more rewarding, I don't know.

Feel free to remind people about mechanics in everything that isn't current content.
The moogles, levi shield, ifrit nails, lahabrea meteors…
A lot of the older content will wipe the group if there's too much dps and since people have no fucking patience they often leave after a single wipe.

large maps + the enforced flying mechanic was a mistake
on some maps they didn't even bother to provide crystals or chocobo porters as an alternative

The absolute worst: people who go into Stone Temple of Qarn blind, and don't fucking listen because the earlier dungeons offered them a lot of wiggle room to make mistakes. Forget about the Doom spam in that first boss fight; impatient DPS stealing enmity from the bees and getting one-shot are enough to drive you mad.

*Sunken

I had a non-sprout level 58 synced down DPS in Qarn NM along with an unsynced fresh sprout doing it the first time. When I went to solve the puzzle at the end, the nigger 58 removed one of the stones as I activated the stand, instantly failing us the puzzle and denying the actual newbie three chests for no reason.

"Lol who cares I'm just doing this for my roulette"

I told him to have fun running it again and we votekicked him.

How much time was he hoping to save? It's not like the party is going well out of its way to collect the chests in that dungeon.

it actually takes longer time if you fail the puzzle.

Does anyone even do pvp below lvl 60?

Does anyone have any pictures of what areas dye on the GARO male caster gear?

This primal theme feels phoned in. The whole fight feels like a halfstroke.

I don't know why, but that shit really chaffed my ass.

This is some DBZ kinda shit going on in the new raid He even does a fusion

I just started learning so I don't know any kanji, I can only make out Tonberry King, something knife, and item pouch, but I don't think they're doing anything funny or cute with it, just describing what the various parts are.

Dare I ask?

imagine if you beat ARR and got a "rip in piss nanamo" title.

HOVER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Papalymo's Final Witness

Fun fact: the nip version was just called "The Best/Final student"

but user, Nanamo wasn't dead
Papalymo's still alive! maybe

I am okay with heralding the downfall of potatoes

Stop posting Ilberd

Sadly, it will be a tank.

>gets a potato killed
>gave his own life to see his dreams come true
Never, he was the hero we needed. I'd buy this man a drink if I could.

SMUG are a bunch of meme spewing faggots, avoid.

Rude.

zurvan's soar is complete bullshit. it seems like SE designed that fight to require enough DPS to push past the soar mechanics as much as possible, simply because if you get a bad setup for the aoe, you're screwed.

A fight where dps actually have to do their jobs right? The horror.

Holy shit, they really fucked up there

Soon we will rid the world of all potatoes. I await this new world with baited breath.

it really is. the number of loldrg's ive seen getting hit by easily avoided mechanics has easily quadrupled in the last two days. as a tank, it's driving me nuts knowing im held back by these people.

the only time I complete large scale leves is if I already have the item on hand and the regular leve list is shit, so I can get the reset

Tried reverse image searching that on yandex and google, got nothing. Do you know where its from?

Ain't it from Brian Clevenger's new comic after he finished 8-Bit Theater? I remember it being a muscle demon woman as the hero.

Why does that 1 endgame dungeon give more tomes than the lvl 60 roulette where is the reasoning in that? lvl 60 roulette actually makes you unlock + run all of them and you cover a wider group of people to do dungeons with.

Potatoes are the true gods.

Does doing hunts have any purpose except glamour?

Fix'd.

was a pretty fucking easy step honestly

Deep Dungeon tilts me so much with how shit the players can be. One of three WHMs wouldn't switch to Cleric Stance when DPSing because the other two "were doing pretty fine". YOU ARE PUTTING OUT LESS THAN HALF THE DAMAGE YOU'D BE DOING IN CLERIC STANCE YOU FUCKING MORONIC MEWLING COCKSOCK.
Fuck cats I hate cats why do mancats get to squat fucking game

Remember, normalfags are retarded. No matter how angry you get or how much you try to help, Glamour will always be the endgame for them.

are they fixing the translator fuck-up?

Nigga people be stupid regardless.

Well I take pride in my ability to not be shit and I'm a people

I was trying to get into Balmung but the shit kept giving connection errors.
Servers are probably shitting themselves.

Also
The one time he doesn't meme it ends up being a spoiler. gg

i just checked the yellow symbol, only certain worlds are down for maintenance. Faerie (mine) and Balmung are among them it seems.

which is irritating because there's supposed to be MORE maintenance for all worlds later tonight. FUCK. i wanna slap moogles

and you actually thought 23 hours of downtime would be enough for them to not need another maintenance cycle to fix more bugs.

i may be under the influence

>mfw finishing Baelsar's Wall

all of that is me except im a Miqo'te

You know I wonder if we get to fight primal versions of all the twelve, my deity is Althyk the god of time and since we just had alexander 12 i dont think we will get any more time travel shenanigans for a while but it would still be nice. Speaking of time.
TIME MAGE SOON

Holy shit, that got me
Thanks for the laughs user

Zurval is shit goddamit, it's not even hard on EX either. They really halfassed this one

any "difficulty" from this fight comes on the back of the RNG you get with Soar. everything else is pretty simple shit, yet the entire run can be fucked up Soar and the dashes/drops afterwards get bad RNG.

compared to sophia and seph, zurvan is a disappointment.

But Wakfu is Tactics: the MMO.

How the fuck do you deal with the final soar anyway? Whenever I go to my cardinal direction, there's always a clone ready to skullfuck me.

never mind, saw this diagram

His theme sucks too

agreed. nowhere near as good as seph or sophia (or the final round of alex for that matter).

this is brilliant user, thank you. this works 100% of the time? there's no fuckery involved?

no idea, just saw it in a group i sub for's discord

holy fuck its all changing

Mfw there are people in Idyllshire on Shiva with 270 relics already

How in the fuck?

likely been saving up things to buy what they need.
unsure on the light farming, though I hear the new dungeons give out fuckloads

As someone who finished it, saving currency did nothing. It's just really easy to finish. Just spam A1S for like a good 6+ hours(2:30 minutes per run) and you're done.

I dont even remember what boss that is its been so long.

tumblr's arch nemesis

Well this also gets me another easy set of eikon gear i guess.

How does the ui work? theres 10 'runes' and so far i just have the bottom left flashing really fast.

What kind of memes?

where can i find the glam outfit that looked like a modern military outfit they showed in the 3.5 preview?

i think that's Dun Scaith gear.

The Mythril Press is fake news

i'm so jelly of the main tanks

I'm about to make a horrible decision.

Is that a demon with eczema?

If you want a waifu with something jutting out from the sides of her head then why not pick something with no shit on her face?

HORNLESS! HORNLESS!

Where do you get the new crafting tools?

Craft literally everything. They're cheavo awards

just leave the group if they can't push phase to skip that. there's literally no reason to have two tanks for that fight anyways.

correction, i believe it's the new "filibuster" set from the dungeons.

Here comes the 4 hours maint from fucking nowhere. And I would have been able to reach White Mage lvl 50 by tonight.

Don't even bother. The class is literally the worst healer atm, just make an AST like everyone else or suck it up and be a SCH.

The people that play it are retarded. Drk is really strong as mt and has good dps.

All of the tanks hit like wet noodles in pvp now after all of the nerfs.

The only jobs starting at 50 will be rdm and sam. The new hw jobs didn't raise anyone class to 30, so there's no reason to assume it now.

Is there any good role-playing guilds?

In FFXI I used to role-play in a linkshell where we would literally "be" the character. I was a horny Taru chef and would role-play as myself (Taru) to other characters who had attractions to small Tarus. I'd exchange edible treats for sexual favors (online obviously)

I'm hoping acc goes away and Whm gets a better shroud. I also want old holy back and let Stoneskin 2 work in fights.

I hear SMUG does good ERP. Send Winter-chan Moroz a /tell on Exodus for the deep connection.

So now that we have the Au Ra as a playable race might the next one be Ala Mhiggers?

Aren't they just Hyur?

Ala Mhiggers are Hyur

What's so different about synced and unsynced. As far as I could tell in the unsynced ones the players also had their level reduced and stats upped. Or is the difference in the fact that the weaker players actually get brought upwards in a synced dungeon?

Fukken smoothskins out rrrreeeeeee

How difficult is Sophia compared to Zurvan? I finished him yesterday, but since I've been gone for almost a year I missed most other exs.

WHM with old holy, and maybe a trait that lets them cast Stoneskin 2 and have it just be a self-restoring buff. Like every 18 seconds, it generates a new full layer of Stoneskin at half the rate of the previous one.

However, even these wouldn't really do much to change the meta of how healers are picked. AST giving the party Raging Strikes for free is just too spicy to deny any group looking to skip phases or increase raid wide DPS as a whole.

A joke. Zurvan EX is a joke compared to the two previous primals. Anyone who is complaining about the DPS check to skip phases being too difficult, or not being able to handle the mechanics in the face of your group having shitty DPS, is clearly either retarded or just doing the bare ass minimum of their rotation. It doesn't take Purple#'s to clear, all it takes is at minimum blue, which is average.

I've done Zurvan, not Sophia. So I assume she's harder then?

She's so easy that your entire party can die twice and she'll still be clearable.

They need to stop letting the team that designed Levi and Shiva create EX primals.

That's highlanders, user

VIERA OR GTFO

Too bad that diagram is fucking worthless as 9-10 isn't safe no matter how many times I stood there.

Yeah, sorry user. I've tried it last night my self and found myself eating shit a lot.

Not your fault some retard made it wrong.

It's a doggy dog world out there.

>abuses the horrible evil demonic eyes to summon a big bad

Back to the sandpits with you.

Made a party finder for WoD and had a bunch of normalfags join in. We chatted for 45 minutes in between queueing and failing because other members in whatever alliance wouldn't ready up. But I didn't really mind. It was quite nice honestly.

May as well make your character on Balmung at this point

stale ones. Not to mention they're ERP fags to boot.

What kind of stale memes?

I don't know beyond what i've heard, because I didn't join those ERPing fags.

What are your sources and evidence then?

Eh?

Its a miracle I wasn't kicked immediately, I would have completely understood too but nah man we made it anyway. I got a WHM and a BLM staff though.

This. if i could drown Ala Mhigo in Garlean rule i would

impressive, very nice

Quints confirmed. FUCK Ala Mhigans
Who's with me?

Nigga I'm not fucking anything from that shithole. Ala Mhiggers don't deserve my dick or my pity.

Didn't Yoshida say a hotfix on Thursday would nerf an Anima step? Did anybody find out which one? For the love of fuck, please say it was the umbrite step.

FUCK

I feel your pain

These raids just keep getting better and better. That was some straight up Perfect Cell shit at the end.

unf

That's exactly where I am with my Anima too.

Oh i am talking about alt relic not my main.

i was on the aether oil step with my alt NIN, but the weapon compared to the others look like SHIT, so i stopped it

This. Hyperconductive for PLD looks badass, why would I continue unless Complete looks fucking rad?

Bragging rights and having a solid weapon that will last to lvl.70?
You can get every model along the chain at helix for glamour anyway.

vocaroo.com/i/s0SrHCAQpyh3

Anima weapon's pointless broski.

Being a PLD is suffering when it comes to Anima.

Fix'd

I dunno, I don't mind being one. Better than being a DRK shitter.

You know they confirmed the 275 version will be such a buff it becomes the BiS for every class till lvl.68 right?

Where'd they say that?

you're only hurting yourselves faggots

I love how the marketboard is just a total inverse prisoners dilemma in this game.

dog eat dog world
And that phrase doesn't mean whatever you think it means
I don't mean to be a dick, just looking out

Faggots like you really are a diamond dozen.

I was thinking that without acc and a buffed shroud with maybe reduced mana costs, whm might be able to possibly take scholar's place. I don't see whm ever knocking Ast off with balance being the way it is. Whm is pretty fucked unless Yoshi gets his head out of his ass and does something.

Having said that, I love Ast and would much rather Whm get brought up with something else rather than gimping Ast back down to subpar-whm.

hi. me again. the new guy who wants to main rdm

i have a question. i want to join Hyperion server because an old FFXI mate is there but i read the notice boards and it has a [X] next to Hyperion

does this mean nobody can get in that server FOREVER or do i just keep refreshing every 3 minutes?

i wat to join him but it says if i pick a world i cant back out of my decision

oh and i decided on my char. i made a female cat girl

she is white all over with a big fluffy tail and pink eyes and pink ears

i am going to play archer to start off then switch to machinist. both are ranged so i figure playing archer will help me play machinist later

then when rdm comes out i should be good since rdm is also a ranged dps

im a daughter of the moon i believe

does any og my choices affect the game? like my DOB or astrological sign or stuff?

That's very interesting, user.

I too like making my post as large as possible for no reason.

every sentence is just as important as the last.

that's why you should read my post.

Just keep reading it, this is how it worked on Reddit, anyways.

Please upvote and subscribe.

teehee.

It'll be 65 just like the old relic.

Also, the anima like the relic before is primarily a glamour weapon. It was never bis until the last few months of arr and the anima will be the same. The next relic will also follow suit.

i type like that because i have eyesight issues and it is easier to read for me you asshole

if your playing archer into mch you'll need to do puglist and lancer for a bit for their cross class skills.
again the talk of red mage etc We do not know how cross class skills will play out in the expac as well as combat overall being worked up.
your OG choices does not matter much maybe a slightly better resisent to some Aoe skills that is about it really does not matter.
also you will have a better chance of getting on active servers at the dead of night but since a new patch came out and with the weekend coming around getting on the server you want will be hard. also your not lock out from the server forever it just gets harder since other people also want on.

I SEE what you mean. I was acting very SHOT SIGHTED, I apologize. Truly, this is the SIGHT of my failure.

teehee.

Try to find the W

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

second row near end

this would help.

pic related user. your character sounds fine. birthday etc. doesn't mean much, except for a slight boost (like, 1-2 points) to specific elemental resistances, and a slight decrease (again, 1-2 points) to others.

thank you very much for the honest answer

i am writing this down right now. arch>lnc>pug>mch>rdm

Looks like i have a busy 4 months ahead of me. but i will be solo so it should be nice and easy. also fun

That depends entirely on the size of your monitor, but good job nontheless. You will find good PF's and loldrgs will get better in your presence.

if you really work at it every day for like hours on end you could have your main class to 60 and everything else for cross class skills in about a month.
also get brd to 60 as well helps with certain raid comps that is heavy in magic. but if your going mch most of the time you won't need pug skills since brd takes pug and lancers cross class skills
you'll need lnc to 34 and archer to 26 for dmg boosting skills for mch.
after playing mch this whole expac I want to kill myself

fucking what is even going on at the server HQ

Never trust leafs to host servers.

Why friend? Primal is just fine and dandy!

Possibly the biggest pain in the ass, but I FINALLY got this game working right in Wine. Now, I have no games left to keep me tied on Windows. Linux autism wins again.

A long last, time for midgame content

Midgame content being looking cute

WHERES THE FUCKING NEW THREAD YOU FUCKING GELATINOUS NIGGERS

It's up your fucking ass.

What the fuck is this character

PAGE 14 AAAAAAAAAAAAA

bread