Is GDQ beyond saving at this point?

Is GDQ beyond saving at this point?

yes

next question.

Yeah. The money might have something to do with it getting shit too.

Yes, it turned into a money laundering scheme.

Only way to save it is destroy it, or get anyone remotely interesting banned from it.

is gdq on?

It ended on Saturday.

Is Cyberdemon531 really a faggot/tranny?
Or is he just fucking with the gendersensitive cucks?

It was never good lol

I didn't watch, how bad was it this year?

Yes

Replace females with trannies. Seriously, there were barely any genuine grills at AGDQ this year.

It was the worst GDQ marathon yet, featuring the worst Dark Souls 3 speedrun.

To the point that all the actual women were complaining on twitter about all the trannies who kept giving them evil looks, even though they were making no effort to even look like girls.

Probably the latter.
He likes stirring shit in general.

They should have done Dark Souls 3 all bosses. Dark Souls 3 Any% is not even remotely marathon safe as this year AGDQ run showed us.

Pro: They got two million dollars worth of donation towards cancer prevention.
Con: Everything else.
I vote to leave it be to do whatever the fuck they want if it means I get to live ten years longer because of faster cancer detection that I got from spending decades on Holla Forums

That's assuming the money actually goes to where it's supposed to.

Prevention just means posters and embezzlement.
I appreciate your optimism, but it's a scam.

Something like 85% of that money is used to fund the events and pay everyone.

They're getting squat to cure cancer.

Ogficially half of it doesn't even go towards anything and just covers PCF (((expenses)))

What happened? I thought DS3 could be done in less than one hour?

Cancer prevention, not awareness.

Do you have a source on that?

It doesn't matter, there's only one Dark Souls 3 runner who plays Dark Souls III without using the OOB cheat, and it's a Chinese player. Dark Souls III speedrunning is shit.

An user from the cyclical who claimed to work there.
It's a reliable source.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was anywhere near that number. A lot of charities give massive amounts of money to workers and CEOs, and very little to their target audience.

Red Cross CEO's have 6 figure salaries, as do a lot of management.

You forgot the awfulness that was the L4D2 run.

"2 million dollars" for printing out pamphlets.

Two good moments in what was otherwise a flaming trash heap

I fucking hate everything

What's the context for the first webm?

Oh shit, that's a funny meme user.
I hope the girl finds this video and dies on the inside.

When you donate you get to leave a message, and they read all of them out.
Good for abusing the current runner for $5.

From what I was told by someone there was a leak that showed their tiered pay structure, everyone got a salary and on top of that they got bonuses for reaching milestones. $5000 for $600,000, $20,000 for $1,000,000 and $50,000 for $2,000,000. But it's like anything else, you take it with a grain of salt. Just like the allegations of a hype monitor, and all kinds of shit that sounds outlandish.

Either way, it's pretty common for a fundraiser to keep the majority of the funds it raises for "administrative costs," and the charity they were raising for is shit anyway, PCF's role is to make the warning labels on cigarette packs bigger and make posters telling you to feel up your friends' balls for cancer.

It was doomed before it even started

was the "you guys" part directed to someone in specific or just in general?

between nasa/esa/stunfest, there's no reason to pay attention to gdq at this point imo. frankly just let the eichmans and the soccer moms keep gdq and enjoy the other events instead

uyama works for the pcf which itself is basically a self-promotion agency. they take the donations to pay themselves to produce advertisements. on top of that they get the revenue from twitch subs/ads which all goes to event costs & admin; i.e: paying uyama again

It wasn't that. It was one of the couch commentators pissed that the crowd was memeing by making ~le ebin Waluigi noises~ and being generally disruptive all and all instead of appreciating the run. Considering most of people in the crowd at the time was just waiting for the Tumblrtale run at that point, you must imagine how cancer it was. It was just further proof of OP's image as accurate tbh.

Well, Bamco was paying so a Dark Souls 3 speedrun was obligatory unfortunately.

Actually the crowd was just chanting along "WAAAH" "WAAAAHH" at random because the Super Metroid race was 100% and just boring as fuck, and the guy lashed out.

Compared to SGDQ 2016's Super Metroid Race which was exciting and only one runner actually finished it by a hair and somehow AGDQ managed to make the highlight of their week a boring slag by telling people to stay quiet during the end of the run.

I'd be okay with Dark Souls 3 speedruns as a whole, I just wish FromSoft would fix that OOB exploit. Every single category is inundated with the OOB exploit and the only category whose first place didn't just cheese the fucking game is the all bosses DLC run which is held by a Chinese runner who refuses to use it.

I remember when OOBs used to be considered illegal in speedrunning, when the fuck did that change?

Super Metroid 100% is too technical and most of the exciting stuff is just amazing room-to-room optimizations/tricks that looks boring to those unfamiliar with the game.

They should stick to RBO, low% and any% which are the best runs on the excitement standpoint as the risk of death/losing the entire run is high.

first image is partly correct and partly autistic. the original members aren't capable of socializing and they also don't have a spine to tell the shit crowd to gtfo. the fact that whoever made that thinks that drinking a beer or smoking a joint makes their game buddies impassionate about the game also leads me to believe it was made by an autist. i've had some of the most intense gaming sessions with people who went for a smoke somewhere in between. also, why is having a spine such a fucking rare commodity these days? i've threatened to kick people out or made them get the fuck out because they were spoiling shit, it's not that hard. i wasn't autistic about it either like 1 mistake and gtfo. i was always accepting at first, gave them time to settle in with the bunch and if i noticed annoying behavior, i confronted them about it. if it didn't stop - gtfo.

Frankly they should've just kicked out the aspies that kept screaming WAH constantly. If they really wanted to make things exciting then they need to have it be a race where the participants are actually trying to beat a world record and not just who's the fastest.

Depends on community, I guess. I know at least the ds1 community is very liberal with glitches even in all bosses (skipping blighttown, glitching through sens gate and doing anor londo before ringing both bells, etc)
all the categories are arbitrary

Uhh, never? The goal was always "finish the game as quickly as possible no questions asked". Abuse mechanics and RNG. Use glitches. Go out of bounds and exploit the AI. Use tools and emulators to rip the game apart. Frankly the more impressive the glitch the better.

Link?

Emulators are banned in speedrunning. Try and get a GDQ spot using even the most accurate emulator, ripping the game apart doesn't do shit if you can't do anything with it.
You posted a fucking TAS. TAS is not a regular speedrun. TAS do shit that's not even physically possible by human input alone. Thus the name "tool-assisted. Anyway, not everything is legal in regular speedruns. If you think everything is legal, then you don't know speedrunning.

They should ban Bubbles from ESA and NASA

What for?

No it takes about 2 hours if the runner is BubblesDelFuego

I did like that subtle gamergate jab they had. Fa/gg/ots were BTFO

For being a cunt, for constantly lying, for being absolute shit at SPEEDRUNNING

Alright, I'm sold. You should tell Naegleria to ban him.

Did you not see his farce of a DS3 run on saturday? He failed at every single trick and skip several times, then crashed the game and loaded a save file of another character that was several minutes ahead in the next area (thus making his run invalid) and continued to out of bounds walk his way through the entire game, and somehow he STILL took over 2 hours to beat the game. He also skipped every boss except Abyss Watchers, Yhorm, Aldrich and Soul of Cinder - of which he glitched Aldrich and the final boss Soul of Cinder so that they just stood there and took his hits without fighting back. What a riveting and exciting run to watch.

And by the way, it takes a bit above an hour for better runners to do an all bosses run, where they legitimately fight against and kill every boss.

Fuck this guy.

That reminds me, even TASBot this year was garbage.

WEW LAD

But that's wrong. They went full cuck by going "muh PR" route. They did everything wrong by failing to understand the SJW menace can only be crushed with hardline Nationalism.

I said I agree with it, calm down bro.

It's not that drinking/smoking is bad at a gaming event, it's that the new players are retards who go there just to drink and smoke, not to play the games.

They should've run good games, not have 3 days taken up by indie pixelshit, and not finished the event with yet another indie pixelshit. Should also go back to the 2013 style of a bunch of runners in a room with all the audience somewhere else so the runners can be autistic shittalkers with each other, and the audience can be autistic fuckwits only to each other.

You must be new then, because speedrunning rules are always on a per-game basis. OOBs are illegal if the community reaches a consensus on it. Otherwise, any% is, by nature, literally anything goes. More common is the distinction of any% and no glitch%.

Wat? Why are you telling me to calm down you retarded faggot, I was just talking about how his run went. Any "aggression" towards you was entirely conceived in your own mind, as there is nothing like that in my post.

this is NASA

a lil science experiment for all you boys and girls here. Look at how much money they have at the Wind Waker Run, and then see how much money they have by the end of the Undertale Run.

It took them 6 days to make 900'000 dollers. It took them less then 12 hours the day after to make a Million Dollers. nothing fishy at all!

it's like pottery

There's a video of that comic.

So, what exactly did he say to piss off the souls speedrunning community? I happened to catch Miltents stream, but I don't feel like watching 2 hours of shite.

You're delusional if you think that's the case. The only things that get through are "my grandmas dog had cancer when I was six, had to donate during my favourite game, shoutout to the tech crew, kill the animals, greetings from germany"

He took about four tries per skip minimum
Game crashed midway through and the run was interrupted, timer paused, for about 10 minutes because bubbles couldn't find his backup saves, rip character name incentive
Reddit tier meme death/lit texts
Guy wasn't ranked on the ladder for the category he ran

what kind of vetting process do they even use?

It never had any redeeming value, much like you fagstacks that watch it without fail every time.

Yes neoneo/pol/.
We know, and by the way, now that Trump is the kikes best friend, so is Holla Forums now too.

GDQ was beyond saving the second that knitting bitch who tried to grandstand over the guy actually playing games during that OoT run.

Yes I posted a fucking TAS, it is its own category after all. That was the entire point - nothing is strictly illegal it is just its own category. What you are referring to is the glitchless category that forbids OOB or anything unintended by the devs. Hell the entire Fire Emblem run was about RNG manipulation that only worked because of tools and emulators that showed even if the run itself was on actual hardware.

I thought modding was forbidden? Completely disregarding the save game load mid-run, wasn't this a "fuckitall"-run to begin with? Like a completely not serious, waste of time garbage run?

wew

I call BS, women might hate trannies privately but in public, i.e. on Facekike, they will virtue signal the shit out of them.

It's eceleb trash, it was never worth saving in the first place.

Emulators are allowed under certain situations. Yoshi's Island WR was emulated last time I checked. And you lose some time as a result of emulating it as I recall.

You are a fucking faggot. SM race is the only reason to watch this shit show event. Go back to the gay as TAS block. The guy was right to tell them to shut the fuck up with their shit ass "memes". Fucking inbreds.

FAGGOT

post proof nigger

GDQ went to shit the moment it became a product to be sold as opposed to a con of sorts where autistic people gather to show off their vidya skills. Compare AGDQ 2014 with 2015. That's when everything wrong with this event started to show up in full force. Half the screen is taken up by adds and bid wars. The only reason people even attend this con is to meet up with their fellow autistic buddies.

Also, the fact that the marathon ended with Undercuck tells wonders about who they want their audience to be. Who else could give away thousands of mommy and daddy's hard earned cash than entitled cultural marxists who do so simply because the organizers agree with them to a certain extent? I swear I could be raping and torturing some poor faggot's mom while beheading his dog and as long as I tell him "fuck le ebil patriarchy xD" he'll immediately ask me if I have a patreon.

LET'S KICK CANCER'S *SS!! :DD- Germany, 2012-2017

> They got two million dollars worth of donation towards (((cancer prevention))).
But GDQ is the cancer.

Were they always sponsored? Because I feel like when Something Autistic and the like started showing up as official it became a complete no fun environment. Can't wait for March, holy shit.

this is so true. RIP WoW

Aye, this user knows the deal. I just couldn't remember if the older events were directly sponsored. Definitely didn't used to be a bunch of ad space bullshittery.

This is actually offensive to war veterans of any side, he is homogenizing tears that are not his. It's like a feminist trying to cry for women who suffered actual issues even though they never experienced them. A phony, a for-attention cry. Disgusting. fucking liberals

But if it were to allow fun then it would scare the sponsors away and none of the "volunteers" would get their bonus pay

experienced*

Lurk moar

That guy is Sam Hyde and he's mocking Gayvin McInsert.

This. Unless you want to learn techs or tricks because you really like the game, there's no reason to do it.

Who cares about GDQ? NASA and ESA are infinitely better.

Oh yeah, such a good cause.

Oh sorry I don't bother watching podcast shit. Why should I know who a comedian is in a vidya board?

Yes
lol

This is a right wing website and Sam Hyde is a leading figure in right wing standup comedy.

I can only hope NASA and ESA don't go the same route. There weren't even a handful of runs worth watching this year.

(checked)

Oops.

NASA probably won't at least not as long as naegleria and friends are at the helm, ESA though seemed to be dangerously close to becoming a GDQ last time it happened.

I agree with Holla Forums
doesn't mean I have to know attention whores like milo or other comedians jerking off controversial standpoints

See, this is exactly how he keeps getting away with it.

If you don't know who Sam Hyde is then the only conclusion is that you haven't had your eyes open. He's killed at least two dozen people and is still at large. Be careful, user.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

This was the point of no return, that attentionwhore became an organizer after that.

PEACEKEEPER

MDE and Sam Hyde get posted pretty damn often in threads, also there was a fair amount of discussion about their show on multiple boards outside of Holla Forums. There's also the Ben Garrison treatment that has been going on for a while. It is perfectly fine to admit that you missed it because you were busy, fam.

HOW DOES HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT?!

I mean SGDQ at least donates part of it to doctors without boarders.

That is like being happy that part of your alimony payments are going to taxes so people can have roads

It's so impressively Jewish.

Isn't it ironic considering rapefugees hate jews?

My sweet summer child.

You're forgetting the part where in many cases their reasoning for kicking people is either vastly overblown or complete bullshit.

Crashed to desktop.

they really promised to help rapefugees next year?

It had a couple gems.

Like bluegrass got kicked out for having a good time. He annoys me too but damn he supports everyone.

What do you think doctors without borders does?

Kinda fitting when you think about it

Yes, easy in concept, hard to pull it off. Just remove the money, that's. Whenever there's money involved, jews will surround with PC culture like flies around shit. Then gumer girls join in trannies too.
All this cancer, Alzheimer, whatever research is just a cover up to money laundry. Like those shit Africa aids.
Do you want something to last for long? Don't involve money (profit) and women.

The only good part of GDQ this year was the guy who got banned for telling the audience they weren't funny, and if they wanted to prevent cancer they should stand in front of a bus.

Kek

That donation has to be fake, right? What kind of person would make donating to a twitch stream their priority if their grandpa just died two hours ago? It seems like most of those sob story donations are just subtle trolls who are intentionally trying to kill the mood or create awkward moments like that.

They should only read out those sort of donations in-between runs.

The vetting process they use is getting down on your knees and giving Mike a blowjob.

Maybe they're just trying to get rid of everyone surrounding Israel?

You'd be watching a days worth of runs and Bluegrass was there. You'd come back tomorrow and he'd be there enjoying it still. I don't think the guy slept, but he sure loved supporting the runners.

You literally just pay them $500.

You have to be pretty autistic to not recognise mock crying.

Holy shit, what an insufferable faggot.

Its always depended on the game and community, those that have game breaking glitches like OoB usually have separate categories.

Dunno what you're on about authority, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

jesus, did that guy cucked Mike or what?

lurk more holy shit

Good lord in heaven, reading stuff like this reminds me that if I had the chance, I would cause Third Impact. Shinji did nothing wrong.

Thank God.

The actual problem with this comic is that it misses the fact that the creators are usually all too happy (not because they're spineless) to make crappy changes to the game to accommodate people who didn't really care for the game in the first place. The people who get upset and leave are usually the green and browns who genuinely enjoyed the game but are forced to watch the game change in a negative fashion to make room for people who don't care much for the game anyway.

Is this the new tumblr meme? I've never seen this phrase until that guy with the hat got banned last week.

Is this the new Red dit spacing

hi reddit

hi reddit

Is English your second language? That phrase is older than the internet pretty sure.

How is SGDQ managed compared to AGDQ? MSF is a legitimate charity for a start.

There was the top nep Mighty No. 9 runner too.

eti-topkek

Also, cancer will never be "cured", it's too lucrative for the health industry to keep people getting cancer so they can be treated and rake even more money off premiums.

You're supposed to rep the politically incorrect hivemind, huh?

C'mon, son.

C'mon, retard.

How could you not know who the fuck Sam Hyde is?

Seriously, lurk more, holy fuck.

I seriously hope none of you donated to Mike Jewyama. It's bad enough Holla Forums even still watches this garbage "for le lulz xD", anybody retarded enough to line their pockets deserves the oven.

The problem is you're claiming he's from Holla Forums when he didn't recognize Sam. Neck yourself already, Holla Forums.

Sure, but do you know what else is lucrative? Monopolizing a cancer cure. It would simultaneously end competition and bulstor earnings for whoever finds it.

As a speedrunner that has submitted games to previous GDQ's this is the first year you needed to donate, I think it was $10, to submit your game for review.
So, no. The only way to save GDQ is to remove the people in charge and that will never happen.

CUCKS OUT

haven't seen this in a while

Every single time I burst laughing.

It is, newfags or faggots who never lurk beyond Holla Forums act surprised as a reaction from their feeble brains to a word they haven't seen before.

The problem starts with you faggots watching a bunch of autist finishing a game instead of playing it yourselves.

Why would you want to smell some else's cheesy ass?

I've lost count how many times I've discovered a new game or something to try in an existing one through a GDQ or similar video. There's also nothing wrong with watching a bunch of dudes play a game while trash talking or providing interesting commentary, provided they're entertaining.

They should of done something along the lines of this.

At this point its too late to save it and just start over and with clear hatred to what happened before. Like the exodus to this place.

This tbh fam, smh

The Red Cross I can understand because there's a lot of logistics involved in what they do. For the size of the organization and how rapidly they respond, I'd say the pay is fair.

"Awareness" charities are some of the biggest scams out there. Those are the ones that are glorified embezzlement/tax evasion fronts.

Yeah moving all those rapefugees into Yurop sure is hard work.

That's how my group in secondary school died

You forgot one.

Why are there so many trannies in gaming anyway? Especially retro gaming.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY

he's from sweden, was probably giving the house he inherited from his grandpa to an immigrant.

You're so fucking gay you probably don't even jerk it to traps.

It's the new gay. And all the estrogen and media pumped into their brains to do it make them want to be girls.

There arent, its just attention whoring and Marxist jew fucks shoving it down your throat.

Sorry casul, but your favorite game is a lot more interesting than you'd ever discover just playing on your own.

This is a close enough to on topic thread to put this here.

I wonder where those are at?

I'm still skeptical about the 2mill.
I was watching most of the time, and the donations were real low
lower than last year. it made me hope people were waking up to this shit show
then during one run, I forget which
"Oh uhhh with just learned our donation tracker is going down for 'maintenence'".
then I come back and they have 2 fucking mill. the fuck did it come from?!

Did this guy actually get banned? I saw him subtly shit on mn9 a bunch but not much else. Maybe giving a shoutout to anime fans scared some sponsers away?

What an absolute cunt, especially given that there's video evidence and a hundred thousand people watched what happened. "But he wuz breaking the rulez!" No, fuck off cunt, if you hadn't been an insufferable retard you wouldn't be dealing with people calling you an insufferable retard.

The only point of ever watching it was for the cringe anyway. Though it's kind of funny that those retards actually believe that donating to charity actually helps the people those charities claim to help.

that recording was the one where they were being "nice" to them too. unfortunate no one recorded coolmatty chimping the fuck out at them later on after they got caught on their lie about pvtcb.
the fact alone they took that seriously shows how much of a joke these people are

Call me autistic but i love watching speedruns, its pretty comfy.

The GTA run where there were two trannies and a nigger on the couch said it all tbh

What did it for me was the cardcaptor sakura tetris run

That phrase is older than half the people here.

You must have been born yesterday if you haven't heard that before

How was the actual run? I didn't even think to look for Tetris this year because of the last SGDQ announcement, even if that was only for TGM.

I'm not an expert by any means but from what i understand the game is easier than tgm just by default.
It was a race between the tranny and the numale on the left. The tranny holds the world record and i think she's the only person who runs that game because there was a picture floating around of the ladder rankings for it and her name was the only name in it
Anyways the run was really nothing to write home about, the only thing worth noting is that when i was watching it was on my second monitor and i wasn't really paying attention to it but i started to and realized all the "girls" that were on screen (the runner and 3 more on the couch) weren't girls at all which was when i declared gdq to be unsalvageable.
The guy picked up the game just so the tranny had someone to race and he choked a couple of times during the run, but it seemed shady as fuck because they were going toe to toe and it looked like he didn't want to beat her but that might just be my paranoia
All in all, watch any other tgm run from any other year over this one if you're itching from some sweet tetris action

tranny and numale on the right*
i'm bad at things

I miss the good old days where fags and trannies weren't super sensitive cuntbags and were instead really cool cyberpunk/goth characters that went to rave clubs and danced in cages.

t. 80s fag

How many people got banned this year? I mean both confirmed and suspected.

I miss the good old days when super sensitive cuntbags were the exception, not the norm. Now you've got every numale and landwhale getting pissed off on behalf of groups they try to own for political purposes.

Good. Nerds need to be degraded and humiliated into submission. Bring back bullying.

haven't bought weed once in my life, dipshit. nowhere have i mentioned that i smoke.

your criticism implies that the creators themselves didn't really have any passion for the game from the get-go if they're so happy to just make it worse as long as there're more people around. in that case the group was doomed from the first moment anyway.

Oh it's enchantressofnumbers. He/she came last at the last SGDQ TGM1 race, but all 4 managed a GM so at least there's some competency. I'll check it myself later.

Confirmed only please. The speculated ones are "everyone else".

it's MtF and a FtM trans that ran the tetris game, cancer all around

okay, faggot. I'm sure you have a very respectable tranny to fuck in the ass. One of the cool xis

Just get rid of the sponsors and the problems should fix themselves.

Yes, it does make you a faggot.

Well they did get rid of Something Autistic :^)

it's been beyond saving for two years at least lad

its actually less when you see where the money goes

Yes.

Is that a handheld game being emulated? It looks Japanese developed, what game is it?

Shadow of Rome in pcsx2 1.2.1.

These fucking liberals need to understand gays still exist outside their sexuality. When "hate speech" is enforced as a way to "protect" gays from mean words, it also put them in the way of much bigger harm: governments. And contrary to random anons on the Internet, the government can fine or imprison them. These fuckers really need to put in balance the two outcomes of their demand: "expose gays to mean words" or "expose gays to serious jail time"

They're Communists, why would they care?

They don't care. They would rather all people who don't agree 100% with their specific world view to be punished rather than think of the consequences of their selfish actions.

you're supposed to use that image on horses and pancakes

What a shock

Don't worry, user. I'll bring back 80's tranny faggotry.