Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thread

HOW THE FUCK DO I GET CUSTOM STARTERS TO WORK IN SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON?!
I'm following this guide: pastebin.com/cpnzZcyv And there's a small problem where I can't change the virtual memory address because it caps off at 0x00854F80/0x00854FF8. As in WAY before 0xA1316C.

Please fucking spoonfeed me, I resorted to looking around at Halfchan, and I didn't get SHIT. I just want to be a cute Sandile.

I'm bumping at only page 3 because I JUST WANT TO BE A CUTE DESERT CROCODILE

Never mind, got it. The last 6 digits are where you put in, say, 0xA1316C. I know that makes no sense so it goes 0x00A1316C. Or however many 0s there are up front. That's how you find the address for yourself, at the least. Same applies for everything else.

Alright, so Pokemon Mystery Dungeon thread. How goes the explorations?

Never mind that never mind, I am now a Fire-type Sandile with the Blaze ability.
Motherfucker this shit is impossible..

I hope this serves as a valuable lesson to you about hexadecimal syntax.

Wait there shouldn't be two periods.

It wasn't but good meme

The type is fixed and set back to Ghost-Flying. My ability is still Blaze though, so fucking shit. The guide doesn't say how to change your ability so suicide sounds lovely right now.

Someone please fucking post about PMD so this isn't "OP liveblogs his attempts to understand hexadecimal: the thread" forever.

Wait shit, forgot to mention I decided to switch to Drifloon to see if that fixed the problem. I'm retarded, sorry. But my stats are still Tepig stats so fuck my life. even though it won't matter with vitamin usage

Well that is just great.

oh my god i didnt even realize team charm all got megas

are there even any good mystery dungeon games?
i played through chocobo dungeon (2?) which i remember being not bad and explorers of sky which i got bored with because i felt invincible the whole time.

one way heroics? zettai hero project is fun too. its a huge grindfest but it has some pretty interesting "persistence" mechanics, i dont know what else id call them. that games only going to be as hard as you make it.

Did we play the same game? EoS had some serious difficulty spikes.

i really liked one way heroics actually, i hadn't classed it as a mystery dungeon game since there's no backtracking.

you can backtrack, all it does is kill you

Yeah, play the pokemon mystery dungeon games, they are all good except for gates to infinity.

I played autistic amounts of hours on the first game but nothing else, what game should I play?

Also, when did the first game end, what's the last event on the game? I remember something about deoxis but it was just a dungeon with no content

skys post game is pretty big, and you get a ton of side content that follow other characters from the story.
really its hard to go wrong with sky or super. but i see a lot of people shit on gates to infinity. i never took interest in it because it had such a limited selection of pokefriends. but the music seems good. in fact some of it is used in super. i recognize this one, lovely.

youll see endless and deserved praise for sky but i can vouch for super. it seems a lot more difficult and i totally love the characters. the controls are a little different such as being able to push allies and switching the leader on the fly. there doesnt seem to be iq skills which saddens me. what you do get is a system thats sort of like temporary equipment. which is fun but can be a little to rng for my liking. you might not find the gem youre looking for in this run and they tend to be quite powerful. youll get by, but this in my opinion plays into the increased difficulty.
i was mostly playing it in a time i wasnt at home much, but now i am and havent picked it up in a while. kind of a stupid time to take a break, story wise.

go for sky, if youre hungry for more check out super.

I'm editing my save, you sperg.

Yeah, it's a crime that they don't have a kickass 3v3 fight against your team. As far as I know anyway

Red Rescue Team ends when you complete Murky Cave, and recruit Gardevoir and I THINK Gengar.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Just fucking kill yourself mate