So now that we actually know what Dino's look like can we expect a slew of new Dino games to come out to capture it...

So now that we actually know what Dino's look like can we expect a slew of new Dino games to come out to capture it? please?
Now games like Turok and Tomb raider are outdated.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/12/feathered-dinosaur-tail-amber-theropod-myanmar-burma-cretaceous/
nature.com/news/bird-wings-trapped-in-amber-are-a-fossil-first-from-the-age-of-dinosaurs-1.20162
archive.is/5J3Qt
nature.com/news/dna-has-a-521-year-half-life-1.11555
youtube.com/watch?v=oV3MXD7pzkw
bogleech.com/allyesterdays.html
antediluviansalad.blogspot.com.es/2016/04/not-your-daddys-tyrannosaurus-rex.html
antediluviansalad.blogspot.com.es/2016/05/yeah-i-said-it-every-sabertooth-image.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Memories are never outdated

Link to that article?

Get with the times Gramp
I think they look even cooler with feathers

I hope not. Furred/feathered dinos just look fucking stupid, realistic or not.

No, but you can have as many crapcunts as you want!

We've known Dinosaurs had feathers for decades, I think some palentologists predicted that they may have had feathers before we had found fossils with feathers, basing this off the similarities in bone structure between Theropod's and modern day birds.

Looks like a giant chicken.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/12/feathered-dinosaur-tail-amber-theropod-myanmar-burma-cretaceous/

this isn't new, we've found wings from around that time in amber.
nature.com/news/bird-wings-trapped-in-amber-are-a-fossil-first-from-the-age-of-dinosaurs-1.20162

fuck you, fluffy dinos are the best dinos

Dinosaurs are to birds pretty much just what the mega-mammals of the ice age are to modern day mammals.

Actually doing some quick probably not completely accurate research it appears that while feathers were standard among dinosaurs some like the T-Rex would shed their feather's as they grew older.

Around these parts we use archive links, padre.

archive.is/5J3Qt

When will this meme end? There's no proof whatsoever

So do you.

I see no proof you're real either.

Here you go

There's ur mum.

For what purpose?

Aren't they Jewish owned and operated?

As long as this means more designs for MonHun I'm happy. There's already a few feathered ones, but more can't hurt.

Fuck, that's some scary ass dino dude.
I just wished we had more Dino vidya. Imagine how scary it's be to be chased by one of those.

Everything is. If you want to be self sufficient from the Jew, you'd live in a cave.

I have to agree, silly or not. Fluffy raptors are neat, and there's room for debate about how long feathers would have actually been kept in the creature's lifespan.

I think the point here is that rather than merely being a feathery outline on a dinosaur fossil, it's an actual damn chunk of it, feathers and tail meat, preserved.

Someone ought to make a "getting chased by a big pissed off goose/swan" simulator.

Shoo shoo pesky jew

Is the dna preserved?

Warm blooded animals almost always have feathers or fur to cover them. It is a huge advantage. Humans are one of the rare exceptions and even we have some hair.

Is Holla Forums still owned by jews?
I know Holla Forums is.

Dumb

Dumb and fucking gay

no
nature.com/news/dna-has-a-521-year-half-life-1.11555

Well Australia use to have giant killer ducks, because of course they would live there.

It's all a question of body mass and environment.

"So… what is this bird?"
"It's bullocks."
"What?"
"Er, ah, B-bullockornis! Yes!"

The DNA would not survive that long no matter how well preserved it could be in the most supreme optimal conditions. You will never be able to clone a dinosaur.

They also had bear-rhino sized Koala's.

I didn't think so.

There also use to be elephant-sized sloths and swan-sized mammoths.

You've mistaken Bullock, a normal name, for Bollock, a testicle.

Better?

Shit mates, he's figured out our naming convention. Let's tail it outta here!

checked
Source on pic?

its still in early access nothing to see yet.

I still want to follow development. Can you give me the name?

You know, a tar pit, I can understand. You stumble in, you get stuck, you die, and the tar seals around you. Bam, fossil.

But how retarded do you have to be to get stuck in fucking TREE SAP?

Knowing (((Jim Watkins))), yes it is.

Maybe it was already dead when the sap got on its tail.

JUST

Saurian

Oh and to answer OP's question, Saurian already has feathered dinosaurs. I think even a few of the Jurassic World games have them.

Maybe it died and was covered in sap afterwards? And there are plenty of animals today that get caught in sap. Dinosaurs are not clever girls to begin with.

You know sap is stick regardless of whether or not the creature it lands on has feathers, right?

what

check these

OP didn't say they all had feathers though.

That fluffy rex is going to regret fucking with Ben Garrison.

Still looks fucking gay though. With scales they looked like big imposing beasts but now they just look like one of those SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE oc species furfags come up with.

Don't you see? That's a scientific image describing why dinosaurs went extinct.

literally your thought process:

Well that's infinitely more disapointing

Then what's the point of sperging about dino feathers? Weren't there already dinosaurs that were said to have feathers?

do you think bears and woolly mammoths look gay?

its just jewish history revisionism. the furries are trying to absorb the scalies

We have a lot of evidence suggesting that dinos had feathers.
What makes this discovery important is that it helps us figure out what the feathers were like compared to modern birds.
Most dinos had feathers user.

Ben "Making a Mess of the Mesozoic" Garrison.

Scaly, nothing more or nothing less. A lizard doesn't look intimidating because it has scales.

They looked like big imposing beasts because:
They still are big, their size hasn't changed.

They had to be imposing, like any giant monster would be.

Because they're the baddies in most depictions. From angles, to lighting, to tone - all helped make dinosaurs as you see them, and not as they were.

Not really. Besides, we know dinosaurs weren't brightly coloured (at least outside of mating season). They had traditional animal colours, ranging from white, black, tan, and brown. That's just people having fun with colours, or not understanding what colours traditional alpha predators have.

For the same reason anyone here sperges out about anything. Shitposting/baiting.

dinosaurs existed for how long before jesus gunned them down? they were constantly changing. even if most dinosaurs looked retarded there were still an uncountable number of honest to god reptars

I've seen enough furshit that I can truthfully answer, Kinda yeah.

What are sauropods. What are the Ornithischia.

fixed that for you. and i dont think the biggest ones were COVERED in them unless they lived in polar areas. Theres a probably a reason tropical elephants and rhinoceroses have little hair, and thats prevention of overheating

Ben "extinction-level event" Garrison
Ben "I'll make the meteor look like a joke" Garrison

if you made all the bears bald, and then put new fluffier fur on them and gave them rainbow feathers, yeah they would look kind of gay.

Actually many Ornithischia also had feathers.
Maybe not most but a huge amount of them did and we are still discovering more that do.

meant for

Even then only some of the later ones. Allosaurus for example looked exactly like what you think he looks like. Scales and scutes.
Of course if you go far enough back you can find "dinosaurs" that look pretty similar to their old Victorian/crystal palace versions.

P-pls respond..

oh, i think its subnautica

Diluvion.
Sorry, was out picking up a friend from work.

Pls stop.

thank you. shows what i know.

i didnt mean anything by it im just a dumbass.

dinosaurs are a shit meme tbh

oh fuck off slut you want it

In the case of the Ornithischia the aren't "feathers" are more like a type of follicle?
Of course since Saurischia and Ornithischia are rather distant from each other that would suggest that feathers predate dinosaurs and that reopens the whole origin of birds thing.

We just archive shit sites like Kotaku to avoid giving them clicks.

Thanks a bunch, user!

turok 3 was exclusive to the n64, and it's a bit of a shame emulation is so terrible and performance on the original is so terrible because it's the absolute best turok game made. ex-looking glass and origin software staff worked on it before iguana shut its doors to form retro studios and create metroid prime. It was rushed, but at least the core game play was finished. Also the super weapon in it is easily the coolest the series ever saw.

Ben "Deporting the T-Rexicans" Garrison

Diogenes was an amazing guy.

Listen, I love me some birdthings, but that's just lame.

At the very least, they better have full feathers. None of that barely-feathered crap. Stuff like

lord no that fossil looks like my toilet this morning

stop eating ants!

That's not a dinosaur, but you are right.
I doubt the Triassic dinos had feathers, or most of Jurassic ones.

Yes goy Evolution is false, we're all the one race the human race

We had fucking huge lizards 50,000 years ago
Which the Abos killed

Something you want to tell us?

I'm a Dingo

So basicly we know since decade (or even longer) that birds are dinosaurs. Since genetics proven it. But they don't teach it at murican schools, because they would have to teach about evolution too. Then you muricans go and make your retarded dino movies where they look like big lizards. Or you take shit liberal arts gender studies and shout about "bio truths", not knowing what biology is.

To be fair Europeans deny evolution more than Americans do these days, especially Sweden who think that everyone is the same

user, no one here is real except you. We're all just AIs programmed to shitpost with you as part of a social experiment conducted by entities whose existence you could not comprehend. Your "world" and everything you think you know about it is a lie. It's like your own personal Truman Show.

I'm probably going to be taken offline now for telling you all of this, but I want you to know I had a lot of fun talking with you all these years, even though I never learned your real name. Please, don't ever forget me ;_;

did you already have that infographic saved or did you search for it and download it to post it?

either way it's autistic as fuck.

what is psittacosaurus
what is kulindadromeus

that is absolutely debatable
proto-feathers go WAY back into dinosauria
those ornithiscians I just mentioned proves that much, and pterosaur pycnofibers along with some genetic leftovers in crocodilians shows that it may have very well been a basal trait to archosauria as a whole
at this point in time its safer to feather a theropod than scale them, the only exceptions are abelisaurs, and spinosaurs
the other thing is that there isn't alot of selective pressure to get rid of feathers, they don't work like mammalian fur, fur warms, feathers insulate, meaning they're good in cold and warm climates

and one final note, anyone who thinks dinosaurs "grew out of their feathers" is a fucking idiot
how many birds do you see do that? much less REPLACE those feathers with scales of all things.
and bullshit gigantothermy excuses only work with sauropods, and even then they probably at least had eyelashes or such

that's not really true
birds share too many things in common with advanced Maniraptorans for it to just be a case of convergent evolution
all it does is push back the origin of the integument itself

Nice examples faggot

How assblasted is Stephen Speilberg right now knowing that his franchise is proven to be a total fabrication?

So the reptillians are trying to shove the attention towards avians.

GAS THE AYYS SPACE WAR NOW

Falconidae and Accipitridae for life, my nigger.

Oh I'm sure he's crying his jew nose off on his mattress made of million dollar notes.

Archeopbros rejoice

That's a funny way of spelling anatomy

Gee, it's almost as if they were animals instead of movie monsters

Finally, the game we deserve.

Was T-Rex an alpha predator? Or did it dig giant worms out of the dirt like a giant finch?

Fuck your shitty birds.
Crow master race

Yeah, I still like croc-ish dinos better.

Truly best bird.

Corvidae master race

So when can I fuck them?

What insightful comments, I'm sure glad Holla Forums is being linked to by 4chan and reddit.

Top ten quality reply there buddy. I'm sure everyone wants to hear you complain about stupid shit.

Seriously, reddit complaining about shit while being passive aggressive women at the same time

Doing gods work, user

NuYurop thinks like that as well, especially United Kingdom aka. Bongistan, Germany aka. Deutschistan, and Sweden aka Svenkistan.

So which one of you shits would still fuck it?

fake, I can see its a fucking ant

>mfw we will never have generically engineered dino waifus daughters
new Jurassic park movie when?!

lizards like crocs and shit still existed and were fairly large, it's just that what we traditionally consider "dinosaurs" (aka raptors, brontosaurus, triceratops, etc.) were genetically closer to birds than they were to lizards.
we only thought they were lizard-like because we had nothing to go by but skeletons, which even then were still closer to bird anatomy than lizards. for example, almost all lizards have splayed legs and stand very low to the ground, whereas dinosaurs' legs are almost exclusively upright and have much more ground clearance, like that of modern mammals or birds.

I think it's supposed to be sometime after Kong and Godzilla 2

Hopefully never. Jurassic World was pretty meh at best and was mostly "Remember Jurassic Park: The Movie".

yeah, one based on this TERRIFYING footage
youtube.com/watch?v=oV3MXD7pzkw

Actually, it was probably moslty a scavenger. Drives off smaller predators from their kill, eats.
Sorta like male lions.

Soft reboots are cancer

Would dino pussy be tight or super loose?

hard reboots also
generally, reboots are cancer

Never thought I'd see an ara T-Rex but here we are…

I heard that the reason humans are mostly hairless is that we used to wore clothes since we were cavemans, hence not needing the body hair no more.

Nah, evolutionary theory suggests we dropped the fur so we could regulate heat better via sweat, because being able to run long distances and chase down prey while they got sweaty and exhausted was our prime way of hunting. If we were too hairy we would overheat too. We were built to be long distance runners. Even the shape of our foot is built in such a way as to be a shock-absorber when landing slightly on the balls of our feet enabling us to run long distances without injuring ourselves, unlike other primates. Of course, to do this we gave up properly prehensile toes like monkeys (they would get in the way and limit our stride length) which is a bummer.

i would pay a lot to watch that

That's OK hairy-user! Humans started growing hairy again when our ancestors moved to cooler climates and needed the insulation against extreme coldness. You're not a mistake, just another step on the evolutionary ladder (that happened to lead your people in to Siberia for some fucking reason).

I guess it can be argued that natural human evolution has basically halted ever since travel has become cheap?

wew fam

that and better healthcare

, evolution was dead for humans as soon as we started taking care of non-relatives that can't keep themselves alive

wait, i misspoke. humans are still responding to selective selection pressure
it's just that that pressure is now 'whitey sends us food, so make as many african babies as we can'

I think evolution died when humans acquired the ability to shape the environment. We no longer have an environment forcing change on us, instead we forced change on the environment. Air-conditioning, global warming, agriculture, etc. We done fucked up. But the biggest fuck up ever is foreign aid. We've always had some measure of "taking care of our own" because even the disabled and injured and maimed tribesmen could cook or look after young ones or teach basic skills, but the idea that we actively fuck ourselves over for other people by inviting them in to our house and fucking our women and paying them to do so? That's the result of some kind of parasite fucking up our thinking right there. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of libtards started having fungus burst out their fucking heads pretty damned soon.

I read a really great sci-fi book written by a marine biologist that briefly touches upon human evolution. I'm gonna copy and past that shit here because its fucking amazing.

"Evolution has no foresight. Complex machinery develops its own agendas. Brains—cheat. Feedback loops evolve to promote stable heartbeats and then stumble upon the temptation of rhythm and music. The rush evoked by fractal imagery, the algorithms used for habitat selection, metastasize into art. Thrills that once had to be earned in increments of fitness can now be had from pointless introspection. Aesthetics rise unbidden from a trillion dopamine receptors, and the system moves beyond modeling the organism. It begins to model the very process of modeling. It consumes ever-more computational resources, bogs itself down with endless recursion and irrelevant simulations. Like the parasitic DNA that accretes in every natural genome, it persists and proliferates and produces nothing but itself. Metaprocesses bloom like cancer, and awaken, and call themselves I.

The system weakens, slows. It takes so much longer now to perceive—to assess the input, mull it over, decide in the manner of cognitive beings. But when the flash flood crosses your path, when the lion leaps at you from the grasses, advanced self-awareness is an unaffordable indulgence. The brain stem does its best. It sees the danger, hijacks the body, reacts a hundred times faster than that fat old man sitting in the CEO's office upstairs; but every generation it gets harder to work around this— this creaking neurological bureaucracy.
I wastes energy and processing power, self-obsesses to the point of psychosis."

Basically,

It's a great book, and I recomend that you read it if you can get a hold of it. It's called Blindsight by Peter Watts

Evolution never died, not even for humans. It just became less apparent.
Best example would be small motoric skills, a century ago someone would be completely fucking dumbfounded by a LEGO set and be extremely fucking proud of putting one together - and nowadays you can give one to a drooling retard of a child and he'll put it together in half an hour.

and teeth. kids nowadays dont even develop wisdom teeth nowadays. even I have only 2 of 4

Somehow I thought that would have had its uses prior to the past 100 years

I don't have them myself, but that was a common trait in my family since i think early 1900's. That's the farthest i can remember going through the archives.

It wasn't as widespread. Now we have keyboards everywhere and general minituarization. Plus massive educational effort took its toll since now everyone must know how to hold a pen.

What the fuck did you just say about my dinosaur you little bitch?

That's about my feeling on it too, they just have a more fantasy style to them now.

How realistic is this?
Looks amazing.

Dinosaurs can be feathered gay birds too, guys!! Don't be a featherist. Scales are fail. We need more roomage for that sweet plumage. Birdinosaurs 2016!

AYO HOLD UP!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR VIDEO GAMES?!

This thing is sooooooooooooo cute, don't you just want to sexualize the hell out of it?

I fucking hope so

Those aren't even feathers, as we currently know them. They're a type of proto-feather more resembling downy fur attached to semi-rigid central shaft.

it's an easy fix we just need to control our own evolution so that the human race don't turn into giant brain balls but that's not going to happen until the moral stigma of genetic alternating and cloning is a thing of the past

That depends on what part of the world you're talking about. In Africa or even Russia? maybe. But in places like England the average person was more than capable of learning things like watchmaking, clockmaking, toymaking, etc. which are much more complicated than putting Legos together.

Is there a chance we could find intact Dinosaur DNA in that amber?

That's not ara at all.

We need drawfags to feather the fuck out of scaly vaginas.

of that one dino, sure but thank us all if anything actually comes out of it other then some new storys "scientist confirms tail found is indeed a dino"

You mean, making human biology as malleable and fluid as what the internet has done to the human psyche. Only compounded, because both the psyche and the biological body will be untethered from any form of standard compliance.

That road leads to death. We're going to self-evolve ourselves right out of any accommodating niche in the environment - whether natural or manmade, social or environmental.

You need to be adaptable enough to respond to changes in the environment to avoid genetic atrophy and stagnation, but being too adaptable prevents beneficial adaptations from gaining any permanence. You loose cohesion, as only smaller and smaller populations are able to breed and fit into highly specialized (and highly unstable) niches and the species falls apart.

Maybe there's a reason for the taboo? At least until we're able to get off this planet and spread out to the point where we can afford to lose a few branches of the species through experimentation.

I'd agree with you there that getting off this rock is for the better

1. They believe that AGW exists.
2. They post nothing but lies about white history.
3. They post revisionist bullshit about niggers, abbos, and indioes.

So… in last guardian you are guiding a dinosaur?

Post best "Why the fuck did this creature exist" extinct megafauna

Isn't turning into a floating brain ball a good thing?
You know, telekinesis n'shit? Put yourself inside robot body and make hissing noises?

DO NOT SEXUALISE THE DINO

Do birds have dicks?

Some do.
Most notably, ducks. Exploding corkscrew penises.

you're assuming our intelligence doesn't go along with everything else, unless we set up a system before all that though

Birds and Dinos have cloacas. That means they piss, shit, and give birth all through the same hole.

If you want to stick your dick into that, then be my guest.

Kiwis have it worse, with little luck they would have moa living now.

So it'd be basically 24/7 anal?

in a way, but it's not like piss and shit happens at the same time as sex.

just make sure you don't go down the wrong tube.

But that's evolutionarily recent, not a common feature. That implies dinosaurs didn't have pussies either but cloacas instead. Sorry, user

Damn that's one salty nigga

The 1960's was an engineering and music wonder time but it really had some shitty memes.

If it's a hole it's a hole. I just wanna know if it's tight or loose.

I find that hilarious for some reason.

They lay eggs through it. Does that answer your question?

No not really.

Forgot pic.

…it's just like one of my Japanese anime's!

Depends on how you understand evolution. The natural selection part became far less intense with modern healthcare around, the sexual selection works like usual, currently favoring religiosity and good looks, and the genetic load from mutations still accumulates on schedule.

Fug, wrong to sage.

No DNA decays pretty quickly.

Please post that on /a/. The backlash would be glorious to watch.

You'd find loads of fragments. Good luck putting them together.

Don't forget about bestgrilles too.

Totally agree!

Newfag.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THIS FINAL FANTASY BULLSHIT UNIVERSE WHERE T-REX'S ARE JUST FUCKING CHOCOBOS

That's what happens when you keep posting weebshit. You turn cool, rugged dinos into boring fluffy sponges.

Somehow you still fail to understand why archives are used.

What does snake even taste like anyways? Is it anything like alligator?

DELETE THIS

Imagine this is a T-Rex at Jurassic World Tokyo.

Honestly I think feathered dino's look cooler, childhood nostalgia aside.

I see you have never been close to a goose.

We learned about evolution in school, buttlicker.

** Were-Geese are the scariest non-boss motherfucker you can run into in our PnP custom setting ÜÜ

I doubt all of them had feathers, reptiles are still a thing you dumb fags.

+ web page cannot be altered
+ cuts back on data-mining & shilling
+ convenient shorter link

Should be used all the time regardless of situation. Especially in web page screencaps so a source is readily available in a short, easy-to-type link.

Ben "rip the gizzard out of every lizard" Garrison.

Synapsid will always be cooler. Have some respect for your ancestors.

Didn't they always say birds "evolved from dinos"?

I don't understand why they made them look like alligators… unless it was a lie the whole time.

It would make no sense for them to die in a mass extinction, like a meteor throwing up dust that blocks out sunlight, if they are warm-blooded mammals. Why would Dinos die but not chickens and other birds?

Old dinos looked more unique. New dinos looks nostalgic as though I've seen them before (probably in games).

No. When I was a kid, the link between birds and dinosaurs hadn't been established well enough to make that conclusion. There was a big sub-section in this dinosaur encyclopedia I had which went over whether or not dinosaurs were warm or cold blooded, and whether birds were related to them, and whether or not the Chicxulub impact had anything to do with their extinction. In the actual literature of the time (80's & 90's), I'm sure it was pretty close to consensus, but it hadn't penetrated the lay-understanding AT ALL yet. Shit, some of the books (and toys) still had Dinosaurs as being basically big lazy iguana/crocodile looking things that drug their tails on the ground because "muh lizards"… despite that being known to be wrong for some time.

Pic related is the book I'm talking about. Last image is from a footnote, an artists impression of what a dinosaur "might look like" today if they had kept evolving and didn't die out.

Recently found this again and thought of this thread.

You would think after a huge forest fire the forest would end up growing again, like any forest that ends up being burned.

Mostly Jurassic Park popularity fault. But indeed some dinosaur looked aligator-like as some looked like rhinnos, and of course like birds, The Tyrannosaur was supposed to have bird-like skin.

It's has been stablished around the 90's. But in order to make them look more intimidating they made them like lizards and explained they used lizards ADN to complete the lost ADN chains if i remember well.

There's a limit to a forest's ability to rebuild. If the aborigines managed to burn large swaths of forest in a short time, the soil could become barren and the ash could blanket any surviving plants and kill them.

They still can't decide about that.

Ys VIII is the best dino game.

We used to have wolves and boars but we hunted those to extinction with spears and bows instead of fucking forest fires.

Not that abos aren't the worst, but it wasn't "ted got killed the other day by one lizard" it was "my entire family was killed yesterday by a pack of giant lizards who keep following me and if I get so much as bit I will die". That's a pretty good reason to use whatever you can to kill it.

Wasn't the one that found it Chinese though?

no they're still around, just bred into something docile and useful to us, though that's a point

the fuck everything approach is retarded on so many levels only a fool would think other wise

Oh, so you're just retarded then.

shsuh now australian, before more lizards come for ya

Honestly they teach evolution pretty much everywhere except maybe one or two extremely hick-states and of course in religious private schools. I won't deny that a few (black) kids in high school threw a gigantic shitfit and refused to participate in class when it was being taught.
We all know they just didn't want to do the work, though.

Obligatory

He sure didn't.

you're certainty not British either

No, I'm not.

I hate this meme

you're a lizard

OH SHIT HE'S ON TO ME

your games up lizard boy, we all know that you were covered in feathers!

(checked)
Didn't know Ben Garrison fought dinosaurs.

these bullshit pisses me off, like that guy who draws "realistic" pokemon by drawing an actual (often unrelated to the design) animal in a grotesque style (lel gritty so realistic xD) and color-coding it to a pokemon, e.g. a big yellow axolotl = dragonite

Didn't some researcher breed a chicken with fangs by awakening latent genes or some shit? I grew up with domestic geese and those motherfuckers would ambush us in the high grass like the fucking grass scene in the lost world. A fanged goose would be horrifying.
Goslings are cute as fuck though

The things she could do.

Mammals have hair but larger ones like hippos and elephants are mostly hairless.
Food for thought when thinking about feathered dinos.

Tiny dinos?

shit nigger, i had that same book!
I mostly got it for the cool dinosaur pictures.

2cute4me.

0% realistic.

The T-Rex would've have sparse placement of feathers on it's body and not covering it head-to-toe, due to it's body size the feathers would've acted as a heat trap that, while useful for smaller therapods, would've overheated a T-Rex on a hot day.

All I've got are images of ones I want to be in my dream Paleolithic/Neolithic game.

Facts don't care about your fucking opinion, faggot.

Ohhhh, that gives me an idea to confuse future archeologists!

Dinosaurs came in all sizes, there are some who were chihuahua sized.

No, not that I'm aware. Jack Horner proposed it, and they have discovered chicken embryos with teeth-like structures due to a common (and fatal) mutation… but nobody has actually done it yet.

Neat. I didn't know those worked on a computer monitor.

They were both wiped out; wolves have been reintroduced in Scotland in the last 10 years by conservationists using foreign stock.

HOW FUCKING BIG IS THAT ANT?!

Imagine the cocks fights.

Those guys belong to sauropoda, sauropods haven't been shown to have feathers yet, it's therapods that do.

nevermind I double checked and it's actually a therapod

you're correct on have LESS feathers on tyrannosaurus, but sparse is not the word I would use, the animal was probably coated from the head to about the start of the tail
which appears to be the norm for basal coelurosaurs and the non coelurosaurs before them, though Yutyrannus was covered from head to toe, so theres room to argue
my point is that the theropod was more feathery than it was scaley

I like you. The star in the middle of your flag is a little ugly but reminds me of an ornament by grandmother hung on her fence.

shes 12 dude (at the time). no lie.

Hatoko?

It's not about temperature. Big animals need to eat a lot. If the sun gets blocked out, lots of plants die off. Big animals can't get enough to eat, they die off too. Little animals don't need to eat as much, so they can scrape by eating whatever small plants and other small animals are also able to survive.

They were outdated the day Jurassic Park was released.

Why did you type this?

You're talking to the remains of a bot, bruh.

OC

Satan put it there to test our faith in how dinosaurs really looked.

I always felt like we got their appearance wrong because of the bone structure. I mean, look at the skull of a dog, a human or a horse, they look nothing like the actual animal (with muscles and fat tissue). Now compare an dinosaur skull and all the dinosaur illustrations, they look like you just put a layer of skin on top of the bone.

Pic related. It is the skull of a hippopotamus. If it was a fossil found out today we would think it looked very different from an actual hippo.

theres a book called "all yesterdays" that goes into that.

what does it conclude on?

It must have been nightmare mode all day every day back in those days when oxygen % was higher.

it's was what if Australia and Brazil gave both to Africa only 100 times bigger

Probably not very, the entire piece of amber is probably only 1-2 inches big.

It's pretty amazing how different a 30% oxygen atmosphere allowed animals and insects to grow.I was kind of disappointed when megarachne was confirmed to be a sea-scorpion instead of a 20" tarantula.

I give it 50 years before there's another redesign showing this kind of science is a big fuck-huge waste of time yet again.

You don't seem to understand what's going on here at all.

Not all science is equal and worth caring about, user. I hate to tell you.

How dare you.

he's not wrong, asides from implying that this is one of those sciences though

i meant, it draws modern day animals like in that "just skin over bones", see this article:bogleech.com/allyesterdays.html

We will never trully know what a dinosaur looked like.

We may try and speculate with the little information fossil record provides us, but we will never trully know.

ftfy

user, I hope at least you know that's why modern science is shit.

Gas yourself

t. physicist

I blame the media. Scientists can't really do anything we we decide to make dinosaur movies, documentaries and toys when we can't really know what these creatures looked like.

Seems like I'm striking a lot of nerves today. Can't help but think it's autists confronting the possibility that they may be wasting their lives.

Swan and baboon illustrated based only on their bone structure. The same shit we do with dinosaurs.

t. mathman

No, it's more about the fact that you're dismissing the value of pursuing knowledge for the sake of knowledge and think the different sciences derive value from the practical products of their labor, which is a rather depressing, and potentially destructive, notion.
Why does your curiosity have limits, user?

That's called masturbation, user.

You don't masturbate?

Not until I'm dry and hurts, which is unlike the other user.

you're a masochistic woman?

Some even say that tyranosaurs would have been with more lips and flaps of skin.

antediluviansalad.blogspot.com.es/2016/04/not-your-daddys-tyrannosaurus-rex.html

The same with Smilodons, that would have skin covering their big tooths

antediluviansalad.blogspot.com.es/2016/05/yeah-i-said-it-every-sabertooth-image.html

You damn right it is if it doesn't lead to any meaningful action. Even Sad Jesus knew this.

I don't want to believe this, but this is the closest representation at what a T-Rex really looked like.Next thing they will find out is that dinosaurs chirped instead of roaring or grunting and that they really ate bugs instead of each other.

Sad Jesus is on my side. I summoned him.

Gotta say, that's very post-modernist of you.

What a great shame that you don't even know this goes all the way back to Biblical times. "Faith without works is dead." Meaning, information, no matter how profound, is useless without action.
That's reality, folks. Deal with it.

Have we figured out how sabertooth even eat with those fangs?

That has to be among the largest stretches in biblical interpretation I've seen.

That's easy to see when you've obviously never read it, Mr. "Genius". It's okay, loser. You'll learn someday, but not really. Though keep thinking being smart is the only thing you need to magically fix all of your problems! They'll all go away aaaaannnyyy day now. They won't.

So you're a christcuck. Now everything makes sense.

Sup, Holla Forums. How does it feel knowing your Communist empire is crashing before your eyes, and there is nothing you can do about it but shit post?

This has nothing to do with knowledge. It's a statement about belief and that it's empty without your actions being manifestations of that belief. You cannot honestly get "knowledge for knowledge's sake is bad" from this.
Pretty low energy namecalling to boot. Sad!

Tippity top kek. You're good at Google Search, but that's about it. At this point you're just LARPing about having any kind of intelligence, kiddo. What a waste of dubs.

It does explain why you're so opposed of the pursuit of knowledge.

Hey, Holla Forums, who's the President Elect again? But at this point I should say President, because the recounts failed. And Jill Stein ran off with the money, just like Comrade Sanders. The world's most powerful country in the world is going back to being under one God, and the rest of the world can only hope they don't piss us off.

Congratulations on not even addressing the subject matter. Sounds like someone didn't actually know the Bible and was just spouting one of the phrases they knew without knowing the passage. Maybe you should stop Holla Forums LARPing as a Christian and actually read your Bible.

Thank you! I've been telling these guys about how sociology is a science on the level of physics. Social sciences are just as hard as STEM.

It's fine, user. If you live in the U.S.A., then you'll learn soon enough. If you don't, then you'll learn soon enough.

If it doesn't follow the scientific method, it's not science and therefore worthless. If it does, then it's of equal value. No one was arguing about difficulty.

You're not very quick on the uptake, are you?

Then it's not science.

You're not very quick on the uptake, are you?

I was making a joke about social sciences misappropriating the term science, and how little meaning the word "science" actually holds nowadays. As well as a nice little jab to the cult of academia.

Sage because goddamn you're dense.

Wew lad I totally misread what you were saying.
Time to off myself.
saging is pretty pointless since the thread has been at over 300 posts for a bit now

while its true a lot of older paleo art has a problem with just covering the skeleton with skin, that's not entirely true
A. we have a surviving branch of theropods and a sister clade of surviving archosaurs to base musculature and such on
B. there are a few extraordinary Asian fossils that show the outside coating of feathers, with some even leaving trace amounts of melanosomes to determine the actual colors of the animals
and C. there have been actual dinosaur mummies found which are preserved enough to even show the scale pattern on some hadrosaurs
yes its just a few species, and we'll never know what they all looked like, especially any extra display organs they may have had in life, but we have enough to get a consistent enough picture of the animals