Where were you when video games went mainstream?

Where were you when video games went mainstream?

It's pretty cool that he gets to actually enjoy his popularity for creating cultural icons. Jimmy Fallon is a fucking faggot though, but that's unrelated

Grade 1 Elementary School

A plumber, some pipes, a bimbo and a dinosaur bad guy. What a contribution to society. A real titan of culture.

I was still in primary school. Like the 8th grade or something. Back then I thought Bioshock was the tits.

Come on user, don't be a faggot

It's nothing special.

You're just upset because you know I'm right.

Pac Man came out in the 1980s so I wasn't yet born.

Everyone will love the mario and zelda launch titles and then the system will go its entire lifespan without another good first party game.

Kill yourself, millennial cuck

Were you born on or after 82-83ish? You're a millenial. Some say a millenial is 80 or after but I like to be more generous and put it at 82-83. Long story short, you are hating yourself.

nigger, shut the fuck up, i bet 90% of the people on this board are millennials

If you were alive to play Pac-Man when it first came out you're at least 40 and shouldn't be here either if you can't shut the fuck up about how old you are

I'd be alright with this if it had nothing to do with Jimmy Fallon. That faggoty little cunt tried to make a niche for himself as the tech savvy gamer talk show host and it's fucking obnoxious how much of a shilly for the usual Triple Ayyy bullshit he is.

Kill yourself

t. millennial

Buying FF7 on release day with my father.

You just got fucking destroyed. How does it feel to be a failed faggot who doesn't even know what a millenial is? Do you usually use words you don't understand? Is that your thing? Fucking faggot.

There's been a sharp rise in hostile shitposting. Which site is imploding and why are we getting all their rapefugees?

4chan, two years ago.

The fuck are you on about? You didn't destroy shit but the cum encrusted keyboard you're slamming your hands against.
You think 82 is the start of millennials? Good thing I was born a decade before that

You're a clever one.

Not everyone enjoys their hobby being taken over by faggot kids who eat up every overhyped piece of shit

Now you're playing dumb like you didn't just get shredded. It won't work. Everyone knows you are a retard who doesn't understand the words he writes. Why do people use words they don't understand. What's your motivation for being such a retard?

Fuck off. Your taste is pathetic.

What are you even on about?

nice dubs, ignore him

That's not what he said at all.
Reported for shitposting.

Don't forget Zelda.

Webm this shit, OP is a flaming faggot. Now to see if Nintendorks finally learned about their past mistakes, which are too fucking many.

Quality thread

He doesn't need to say it. It's implicit in his post.

A shota, a pigman, a triangle (universal symbol of the gays) and another bimbo. This man oozes culture. His contribution to society are unmatched.

It's like a bunch of bitter hipsters found this board recently.

Get used to it. Cuckchan has already infested this place

Right, he's clearly a nintoddler and that post wasn't just his reaction to someone getting triggered because people younger than him use the internet.

Are you on the spectrum?

That's more like it.

At least I'm not him

Point at this man and laugh.

You could tell Nintendo knew the Wii U was fucked from day one by how little effort they put into advertising it. They missed the boat on the tablet gamepad and they lost the casual audience. All they had left was an expensive fisher-price looknig gamepad, a weak console that was hard to develop for and the stigma of being the casual console minus the casual audience because of the Wii branding.

I like to believe that millennial isn't a birth frame, but a mindset. This may sound silly right now, but the only reason anyone has to call someone a millennial on here is if they buy into the modernized Cultural Marxist or unethical capitalism bullshit.

In general, anyone worthy of being called a "phone sniffer" is more fitting of being called a millennial than the younger generation.

Who cares what you'd "like" to believe. Millennial is clearly defined.

Reported again.

k

The guy who posted before you REALLY wants me to reply to him. I'll reply to you instead. I've lived in America for years at a time but not actually American. Best country.

You have to go back.

Regardless, while America may be the best country, why rest on our laurels? We can make it better. The pursuit of perfection is always a noble cause in my book.

Also, you've done a nice job baiting, yourself… But seriously,

I did go back. I'm not in America anymore.
As for your opinions, who cares? You've already admitted that you like to make your own definition for words. You're a faggy American. The shit type.

You have to go back.

Dunno OP, 2007 was a while ago so I don't remember.

Meant for

It all lies in the standing implication of a word. If the typical implication changes, then so by nature does the definition. I don't believe in a "be what you want" lifestyle but trusting exclusively in dictionary providers is fucking retarded. You know it, I know it, and everyone else here knows it.

It's meme magic, I shouldn't have to explain shit.

Why are Japanese game devs so cool?

It's already confirmed to get the new pokemon and monster hunter games.
That alone will mean it sells better than the wiiu.

Sounds like liberal speak.

…Where have you been for the last ten years user?

You're just reinforcing my point. Those games suck.

That statement was made by a nintendo exec and nobody has ever been able to show the survey he referred to.

What kind of a retarded question is that?
The original Mario Bros. sold over 80 billion copies, the shit was all over the news back in the 1980s It the best selling traditional game series of all time

Must be undearge

Anyhow, the reason why you never see Shigeru Miyamoto in any documentaries or being interviewed is simply because he never wanted to be

It's nice to know nintendo learned it's lesson.
I really enjoyed the wiiu but there is no way it would have become the cultural phenomenon the wii was.
The Switch has some amazing potential sells wise and it is nice to see nintendo is doing everything they can to help it succeed.

The worst part of this post isn't that you implied I was doing the same thing they are and are thus guilty of IT'S OKAY WHEN WE DO IT (i'm not), it's that I actually can't tell exactly how retarded you are. How much of it is meme, and how much is for real?

You want to change words that have a concrete definition. Your reasoning for this is "society is in a state of flux bro." You're a libshit and you don't even understand words in your native language or possibly don't even want to. What is factual is that you said you'd "like to believe that" something is what it isn't. That's pure retardation.

Newfag, I…

This isn't society, this is the fucking internet. Society didn't make "cuck" mean what it does now, fucking memesters did.
By your logic, "faggot" should be exclusively be used to describe actual gay people, and "retard" should be used exclusively when referring to the actually mentally disabled. It doesn't fucking work like that. "Cuck state" is a nonsensical phrase and should thus be discarded, am I right? You yourself have been using words without adhering to their "concrete definition" this entire thread.

Lurk more, you vociferous pustule.

I dunno. In high school I guess.
When are we talking about? 2000? 2001?

They've been making Video Game movies since forever, but I think Halo is a good reference point

Bear minimum, the mobile aspect of it should help it sell well in Japan, which should give it ample Japanese 3rd party support. Also, considering that they've consolidated their development teams onto one platform and they have an in-house engine they created for BotW to use for large-scale games, software droughts shouldn't be a problem this time around.

It sold 40 Million not 80 billion

OY VEY REMEMBER THE 80 GORILLION

A millenial is defined as a person born within a specified range. You don't like that. You prefer your incorrect definition. What was it? Phone usage frequency determines it?

Django Unchained is shit and Tarantino is a hack who, along with the likes of Sorkin and Whedon have ruined cinema. Dialog in movies is now about writing stuff that "sounds cool" thanks to those fags. How fitting that you like it.

>realize I typed 80 billion by mistake instead of 80 million
fuck time to kill myself

This is merely the pattern I've noticed in recent times.

I'll say it again: Lurk more.

Probably in my office playing vidya whilst the factory hands slaved away.

Well pretty sure SMB1 sold 42 million copies on the NES

Who cares about your personal anecdotal experiences?

You're the one creating your own definitions for words. You probably do like Tarantino. Why would you use that gif?
Yeah actually I am. You could have chosen any gif in the world.

Gotcha flustered.

You just went full retard.

Bitter libcucks and shills looking to infiltrate an anonymous mongolian throat-yodeling imageboard after Trump won.

I would hazard a guess that Ronald McDonald is more recognizable WORLDWIDE than Mario

I'm not so sure actually. Maybe ten or fifteen years ago, but I think nowadays, more and more younger people might recognize Mario over Ronald McDonald just because Ronald hasn't really been a marketing icon for awhile.

After Super Size Me and the controversy over McDonald's advertising unhealthy food to children, McDonald's in a lot of ways cut down on their Ronald marketing. Ronald is still around of course, but you hardly ever see a commercial with the guy these days. Most of the time his presence is limited to probably just a statue outside or inside one of the stores, but with the new more mature image McDonald's is trying to sell with the McCafe, a lot of newer McDonald's don't have Ronald present at all.

Too bad they still treat 3rd party like the plague, and let Reggie run the companies' reputation into the dirt.

They learned they needed to advertise more- that's all they've shown.
Still need to see other signs before they're no longer fuck-ups.

You've never heard of doraemon?

It was 2003.
I was in my room.
I was watching it happen on a small TV that had a VCR built into it.
Clearly someone noticed that the videogame industry was about to / had become even bigger than the films industry.
What I was watching was the first VGAs hosted by David Spade and featured appearances by Lil' Kim, Jaime Pressly, DMX, P.O.D., Orlando Jones, and Cedric the Entertainer.
There was a point when Pamala Anderson aka everyone's favorite rubber glove stretched over a human skeleton, lurched onto stage dressed as Rikku from Final Fantasy X.

To me that was the tipping point.
But games take quite a while to produce so I'd say it didn't really take effect until 07-08 when the great recession also happened along side social media really taking off yada yada perfect storm of fuck this industry now and forever.

I kek

you post this in every thread. and its not any more true than it was the first time you said it

Take that back.

Cry more.

So I just checked and my vita is on 3.60. That's good, right?

yea

You put into words, bro.

Yes it is Mario Mario and Luigi Mario

I was 5 in 2007
You were all underage too
GROW THE FUCK UP

And that's how it starts.
By accepting what is happening, instead of fuighting against it.

I was 11 in 2007, kiddo'. So, you're 15?

DING DONG
BANNU BELLU TORRS FOR DEE

Anyone converted this into a Webm yet?

Didn't breath of the wild get delayed?

What? I guess I'm out of touch with fag culture, someone care to explain.

How horrible it must be to be that faggot Fallon.

Pink triangle. It has to do with muh holocaust.