Fighting Game General: Mark of the Wolves

The previous thread has to hit 700 posts or be on page 13 before we make a new thread from now on.

Congrats to Knuckledu for winning CapCup 2016!
Akuma revealed for Street Fighter V season 2
Arcade version coming to the arcades. Capcom and Taito are working on a way to bring the game since it won't be release on TTX³.

Captain America and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is getting a PC port. The release date is December 14th. The price is $49.99 for the standard edition, and $64.99 for the deluxe editon, which comes will all the DLC.

Patch 1.10 being teased at PSX with graphical improvements.
Patch 1.05 available. Verse and Antonov are now unlocked from the start. More bugfixes and online tweaks.
Classic Iori skin confirmed available with the Chinese Premium Edition. One new costume will be available each month in the chinese PSN.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system.

MikeZ had considered shortening the combos by changing the undizzy to 150. The fanbase had a meltdown, and he has since decided not to go through with his decision.
The pre-order of the limited physical edition for PS4 and Vita reached more than 10,000 copies. Japanese Audio will be available in ALL versions of the game (PC/PS3/360/PS4/Vita).
Lobby update for the console and Vita version will be out when the physical edition drops.
Many balance changes being tested on the Beta version.

Steam version announced coming December 8 for U$29,99(10% off on the first week, 35% off if you own Skullgirls)
PC version adds new victory animations, colors, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved. All DLC are included and is the most currentupdated version of the arcades (ver 1.08).

Empoleon has been confirmed for Pokken Tournament

Version 3.5 released. Skin pack coming in December
ultra-combo.com/3-5-patch-notes-combat-balance/

Game announced for the PS4. Developed by Sirlin. It will be playable at the Playstation Experience.
Become a Patreon for U$5.00 to be able play the current Beta with access to 5 characters. U$10.00 to 6 characters and U$25.00 to 8 characters.

Mangagamer announced they'll localize Umineko's most recent fighting game, Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS as Golden Fantasia CROSS. The game will be released on Steam.

Terrordrome: Reign of the Legends is officially back on track. Still in pre-production phase, will be using Unity with UFE. Demo will be out by next year with a Kickstarter campaign.

SNK Playmore has officially rebranded back to SNK.
Samurai Shodown VI available for the PS4 as a PS2-on-PS4 title for U$14.99.
VF5FS added to Xbox One's backwards compatibility list.
The game will be playable as one of the extra games of Yakuza6 on the PS4.
SNK Entertaiment webpage is up. The company will be responsible for licensing SNK's IPs to other games and media. Falcoon is back as part of the staff.
Windjammers is coming to PS4 and PS Vita.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves got a PC port. It's by DotEmu so don't buy it.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

Other urls found in this thread:

orochinagi.com/2016/12/snk-is-listening-tell-them-what-you-want
archive.is/lkfTV
steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
ki.infil.net/
mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html
archive.is/KNtJF
shoryuken.com/2016/08/30/tekkens-harada-is-considering-expanding-tekken-7-with-paid-dlc-due-to-fan-demand/
humblebundle.com/store/street-fighter-v
pastebin.com/ThhMPgwz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You really need to stop spamming those threads at the second the previous board reaches page 13.

y

this, thread isn't gonna disappear as soon as it hits page 13. You got like 2 to 3 hours before it hits page 15.

Also you didn't include the SNK survey yet again even though it's the most important think to add to the OP in weeks;
orochinagi.com/2016/12/snk-is-listening-tell-them-what-you-want

There is also old ass things that need to be removed like the pre-order of the limited physical edition for Skullgirls. That shit is over.
Whoever is autistically rushing out new threads needs to stop or at least do a good job at making them.

Do some research and actually update the OP.

TL;DR on why sholdn't I support DotEmu?

They make terrible ports that are sometimes worse than the emulators you can get for free. If you don't like that then think about not encouraging SNK to release a piss poor functioning, half assed edition of [insert favorite SNK franchise here] since you bought half assed ports. Don't buy/fund/encourage mediocrity, it will only lead to more shit.

pic unrelated but fun

Was parrying a good idea for a fighting game mechanic?

street fighter can't be good without it unless it's Alpha 2

It has its pros and cons like every other fighting game that does something different. I'm guessing that doesn't answer your question?

parrying made a fireball game weak in 3rd strike but it let lower tier characters compete with the best if you were good enough at it.

which is why everyone played the same characters?

No. It anhilate projectiles and make the footsies game weaker.

The balance was wack. That's why you saw Ken, Chun and Yun over and over again. (Yeah, Gouki, Makoto, Urien. I know.)
But the parries influenced greatly the matchups, so it has influence on balance in general. So yeah. Kinda.

I just really want shen and adel

they're not even hiding that they're going to bring them back.

thankgod nameless isn't coming back

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What is wrong with you all

I voted for Kasumi, Takuma, and the New Faces Team. Who did you guys vote for?

What do you want (that's fg-related) for xmas?

Get my dick sucked by Juri

Failing that I guess a new stick

Failing that, the drive to mod my stick so it works on modern hardware

A lot of the resources for learning in the OP seems to be about 2D. If I wanted to transition into learning 3D, how would I do it? How different is DoA compared to Tekken? I'm pretty retarded when it comes to 3D, so any information would be helpful

If its a universal meterless mechanic, I'd prefer instant/just guards. It's not as good as a parry but it still rewards well time blocking.

I'll admit it's very hard to come across anything DoA related, mostly because nobody wants to give up their normalfag reputation to get into the series.

Who's that lady? I'd like a drink.

Shit… that's a lot of costumes. I think about getting the game almost every time it's on sale, but the free version lets me play around as Ayane, and that's all I really need since I don't play against anyone. I enjoyed vanilla 5 when it first came out, which is another reason I don't feel like buying it again. It's nice that they still support it FOREVER with costumes and even new characters, but do they also do balance patches regularly?

And do they have anything half as cool as the burning Opera House from 3, or as stupid fun as the street level from 4?

So is DoA worth getting into? Is the PS3 version any good? Because I would prefer to play online and not have to pay extra for it.

Kiss her camel..mistletoe

I want Yukari to sit on my dick.

So Nitroplus Blasterz comes out on steam today. I don't watch much anime, but is it worth a buy?

idk, I hear beneath the tits there is a surprisingly solid fighting game

Movement is incredibly different compared to 2D games. Lower jumps, sidesteps, side-walks and some games even have 8 directional movement. If you can master the movement system of a 3D fighter, you're well on your way to getting good. Also you have to get used to the way how you block moves. High and mid attacks can be blocked by standing block, lows can be blocked by crouching and special mid attacks (crouch punches in VF and Tekken are a good example) can be blocked standing and crouching.

It doesn't have a block/parry button for starters. DoA also has 8 directional movement while Tekken has 4. DoA has a 3 button system (Punch [P], Kick [K], Hold [H]) while Tekken has a 4 button system (Left punch [1], Right punch [2], Left kick [3], Right kick [4]. For Tekken Tag games, there is a fifth button for Tag [5]). DoA kept sloped stages and stages with breakable elements in while Tekken removed them in favor of balcony, wall and floor breaks in Tekken 6 onwards. Movement in DoA is notably slower compared to Tekken so what happens is the "jockeying" that you see in Tekken doesn't appear, or it doesn't appear as often as in Tekken, a trait that also appears in Virtua Fighter. Jockeying happens more frequently in Tekken thanks to movement being a lot faster. Wavedashing, Korean back-dash cancelling, sidestep cancelling; there are a lot of movement options in Tekken. As a result of this and a few other mechanics, such as the universal low parry introduced in Tekken 4, defense is considered stronger than in VF or DoA. As a consequence, offence is considered stronger in VF and DoA compared to Tekken.

Even though this video deals with the differences between Virtua Fighter 3 and Tekken 3, some of the stuff applies to DoA as VF and DoA have very similar systems. They used to run off of the same engine at one point. they're similar to such a point that the VF guest characters in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round can be played in exactly the same way as in VF regarding inputs.

Don't you think there is a point when you need to stop and just fuck off?

Yes

Let's go for 1200!

There must be plenty of people out there who have happily purchased all of them. Disgusting.

The shermie crowd need to realise that she doesn't need any help getting to the top of the list, and start voting for Bonne Jenet instead.

Copy of steam revelator with Bridget in it, and a new stick.

Nothing is wrong with paying for cosmetics.
Paying for shit ports is.

Buying one or two is OK. 1000+ is a terrible waste of money.

yep

They say Daigo tends to take after Ryu, and from the look of that clip it seems Justin Wong has seriously started taking after Rufus.

Pardon the ignorance but is jockeying that erratic movement done for mind games and trying to throw the opponent off?
Overall, I've always found movement in DOA to be very stiff and it's a thing I find very difficult to work with. So I feel like the game is just standing there firing attacks, especially when the characters start so close and can get on each other's face to quickly, everything feels like it's a crouching jab away.

Yeah, the so-called whales. That's where they make a killing. Those types are rare but more than enough to return the investment (and since most costumes in DOA5 are basic shit like schoolgirls, pajamas etc and use a shit ton of interchangeable assets like the ninja set, it likely doesn't take much).

I confess I goyed it up for Nyotengu. Got about 4 or 5 costumes for her but I do (try to) play her seriously so I tell myself it's okay.
Meanwhile, characters like Christie and Momiji have pretty much everything you could want for them already unlockable in-game.

And that was one of them. Most costumes are godawful but there's a few gems every once in a while.

Why did her wings freeze? T_T

just pirate them on pc, i have the first 15 for each character or some shit, that chinese group releases them every time there's an update

I said I would in the waifu thread, but I'm okay with doing so again.

Why SNK. Why will you never give me a Todohryu Team

How's Tekken 7 compared to Tekken 5 (or 6, not sure)? I played it on psp, loved it, sort of planning to buy 7 when it comes out on PC, maybe finally buy a gamepad, since I would have something to play.

Yes, but it also accomplishes a lot more than just throwing the opponent off. You'll want to outmaneuver your opponent so that means getting his back to a wall and your back to open space. You'll also want to position yourself in places where you can take advantage of gimmicks, such as breakable floors, walls and balconies so there's a lot to take in when you think about jockeying for position, especially in Tekken where you can be punished by an unblockable tackle when you venture too far from the opponent.
The unblockable tackle has been made blockable in Tekken 7 however, so that's something to keep in mind.

Yes it is, it punishes predictable play and encourages you to get up close and actually fight in a fighting game instead of spamming fireballs. The Akuma player in this webm is a slack jawed retard. All he had to do was sweep him and he would have won, instead he sees him parrying high and decides to blow all his meter on a bunch of shit that attacks high, what a fucking moron. At around 7 seconds in when he dashes, Ryu is vulnerable as fuck, he just needed to sweep and Ryu would be fucked, if he continues parrying high, he eats the low, if he parries the sweep, he eats the fireball, he was totally fucked but the Akuma player doesn't understand how to do anything but attack high and spam fireballs apparently. I am so sick of people who have no fucking clue how to play Third Strike shitting on it due to ignorance. Hurr here's a webm of someone who doesn't understand the system at all playing like a complete failure OMG isn't parrying such a bad mechanic? People who don't bother to understand the game system deserve to be shat on, stupid people deserve to fail.

Get fucked faggot. Here's a Q player (who is bottom tier as hell) completely shitting on two top tiers (Ken and Chun) being played by Ricky and Justin Wong, two of the best American players out there.

More ignorance. Parrying just meant that "zoning" actually required some effort for once, which made tons of people butthurt. RX is one of the best SFIII players in the world btw.

No you retarded faggot, no.

who's gonna be there on revelator pc release

The recent threads are being made when I'm sleeping. Well, when this thread is close to its ending I'll make a pastebin as a sugestion for the next OP.
Anyway, Previous Thread: archive.is/lkfTV Or what I could save before going to bed.

Their first ports like MetalSlug3 and X received some fixes and new features like unlimited coins mode. But the later ones are total shit like Shock Troopers and Twinkle Star Sprites. They said there'll be a patch incoming but don't raise your hopes.

Well, there's a December pack incoming.

Parries helps greatly grapplers and characters without reach like Hugo and Makoto. Without them, they would need to be reworked from the ground or they would be really bad/hard to use like in USFIV.

Parries really shit on projectile zoning. Ryu and Ken are fine because they're good all around (and Ken has that retarded easy hit-confirm SA) but Remy deserved a balance patch.

YES!

Well in one hand, I'll get Shermie back but on the other hand Chris armies might me back with his CD spam.

I just posted another video before your post of another player using a bottom tier character (one based around fireballs no less, which are considered useless by people who have no clue how to play Third Strike properly) at pro level against a top tier being used by one of the best players out there. I could do this all day. Parrying does does make lower tier characters viable, I've posted irrefutable truth that it does. Nobody who shits on Third Strike actually knows what they are talking about. The only valid complaints I've seen are that Chun, Ken and Yun could use some nerfs, but that has nothing to do with parrying or the fighitng system itself, which is excellent.

Between 2003 and 2012 the top three placing characters were

chun 27
yun 26
ken 11
makoto 8
yang 8
dudely 6
urien 4
akuma 3
ibuki 2
q 2
elena
hugo
ryu
alex
remy
oro

Chun and Yun are over half

Stupid faggot

*top 3 in tougeki

This whole convo was started over parrying making low tier characters viable against the best:

which it does, as I proved. Chun, Yun and Ken being top tier has nothing to do with parrying. You're having a completely seperate conversation because you are a fucking moron.

By making it require effort now. Nothing wrong with that.

He did, but not related to his fireballs, which are fine, he just needed a speed increase on his normals.

No it started with someone (me) pointing out that people played the same characters in 3rd stirke, you calling me a faggot, and me showing that over half of top 3 placing characters over ten years was just two characters.

You being a missed abortion and posting two outliers doesn't mean shit.
Kill yourself faggot.

Seems to me, you just got owned kid

Is there a fighting game more autistic than Toribash?

Yeah, that's what I meant when saying Ryu and Ken are fine even with the fireball game the way it is. But I don't know what I would change in him. Modifying how fireballs work in the game would mean a total overhaul of the game meaning a 4th version
in b4 someone calls for MikeZ changes.

That video shows me that Remy would be OP if it weren't for parry's, in the course of the 4 minute video, he parries 4-5 times, with one of those dooming him because he was in a reflector, if Urien couldn't parry, Remy would have rolled over him with ease but if Remy, who is low tier couldn't that game would barely change. That video didn't show me parrying opening the tiers, it should me that zoning would have likely been dominant strategy if not for parries.

You cheeky little cunt.

Is anyone here gonna play this game?

If you are, add me:
steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/

Go on.
i've never played tekken

Nitropluz in 2 hours

Bump.

You have to go back

yeah, nah

I'm not bumping the thread. I'm bumping my question. I guess it's not really a bump then, but I'm used to call it that.

I don't even have a viable PC at the moment and won't be able to play it, but still getting it.

What are you even doing on this thread chucklefuck?
Go back to playing no games

How new are you?

Why? You giving away the coupon? I've got nothing to trade for it

You have to go back

If I find someone else to play it with, I'll get it myself.

If not, I'll just give it away to someone who wants it.

At least I got mah boy

Heres your reply
Don't let the door hit you on the way

Ah okay, I only really play anime fighters locally so never mind. Plus I won't be able to actually download the game until the 22nd

How would ara Bridget work?

Pretty cute watching to try and fit in

I suggest you lurk before posting however.

Just stop.

This is neo-neo/v/ faggot
Oldfags not welcome

Just make him a bit older.

Bridget is legitimately a fun character. I wish my PC wasn't shit so I could play. I played Accent Core with a guy for a few weeks and it was fucking rad.

How many game years has it been since AC? I don't think I could handle another Sin.

Maybe that's why he isn't in xrd; old Bridget would be annoying.

Wavedashing is a type of forward dash that only certain characters have access to. It's a low dash that travels about the distance of a normal forward dash, except it evades or "crushes" high attacks and certain moves can be done out of it. Kazuya Mishima is a character that can do the wavedash and he can perform the Electric Wind God Fist (EWGF) out of it or the Hell Sweep, along with a few other moves. There are a few other tricks to the wavedash, such as the wavedash cancel, which can allow you to quickly move from one end of the screen to the other, however it's important to note that the wavedash can be beat by mid attacks and lows.

Tekken 7, compared to Tekken 5, has a nerfed sidestep, longer combos and slides can be parried into a Tekken 6-TTT2 style bound state. This is a big change compared to what happened before, where low parried slides effectively whiffed when low parried. Bound states have been removed from Tekken 6-TTT2 (save for in a few select circumstances, such as floor and balcony breaks and low parries) and they have largely been replaced by the tailspin or corkscrew mechanic. It has the same basic function as bounds in T6-TTT2, that is to extend combos, but it works differently in that you have to chase a distant opponent as opposed to attacking an opponent planted right in front of you.
There's also modifications made to the Rage system introduced in Tekken 6. Rage drives and rage arts are new moves that the player can use when in rage. Rage drives are basically EX moves and they boast different properties and Rage arts are basically ultras in SF IV, right down to the fact that their damage increases if you have less health.
Tekken 7 introduces moves known as Power Crush moves, which act effectively as super armor moves in 2D fighters. You lose HP if your opponent attacks you as you do the move, but the move will still come out. Rage Arts also share this property, as well as the tackle, which was once the unblockable tackle.
Other than that, there are the movelist changes that are to be expected, some characters got removed and new ones were added, the customise has been expanded upon, yadda yadda yadda.

Is it gay if i want to choke on Bridget's cock and suck her balls like ripe lemon all night long?

Yeah. I don't want to do that because I'm not gay, but you can if you want.

I won't stop you.

A bit yeah

>still above Kasumi
Whip is never coming back, is she?

Shingo, Takuma and Hinako.

I thought it was just a meme from fifteen years ago.

You thought wrong. Meme magic is real.

Thanks for explaining, just some more questions. What's a bound state and tailspin? Do they reset damage scaling on combo?
And there were actual parries (as in frame perfect block with better results) on every character in Tekken 5? Or they were essentialy specials? I mainly played Heihachi, and now I do remember some move that autocountered punches when I got hit, but I took considerable amount of damage by using it, so forgot about it. Was that parry?

Kasumi, Ryuji and Hinako.
I would have voted Mr. Big, but he's not in the poll.

muh nigga

Finishing the survey right now. Stupid question but where to we pick the characters we want to see return?

Never mind, I'm a fuckin' idiot.

Voted Yamazaki, Kasumi and Vanessa. Really wanted to vote for Grant but no dice.

Sad about Kasumi but at least the other two are on the top 5.
lol Malin

Infiltration on MvCI
Obviously marvel movie shilling
Looks easier (2v2)
Disney likes casual games, can't compare to MvC3 which is an extremely difficult game
Disney wants this, look forward to the roster
Probably 2v2 (players) mode. Shit's really fun. Will probably play with Xian. Will try to get him to move to Korea (there's like 50 people in singapore fgc so the two need each other)

Expecting bigger prize pool in CPT, will win that
Getting a new sponsor
New stick with his name on it. Really stiff stick.
Yeah panthera doesn't work on PC natively, sucks.

Sorry for not streaming, but I'm a pro gamer not a pro streamer. I know people are waiting, but preparing for stream is really stressful for me, made worse by being careful of what I can say. I even stopped saying 69 and say 68 instead. I'm really busy with personal life. I really want to play other games during this break - wait can I say that? Don't plan to stream in 2017. Humanbomb is contracted to stream 100+ hours a month but I get really stressed streaming or using twitter/instagram/facebook so I'm excused.

Don't like Chinese tournaments, it's a bitch to get a visa and the quality was lacking every time I went
Japanese tournaments are easy to go and give points, but the prize amount is a bit lacking
ComboFiend told me what the new characters are but can't say

Infiltration's excited about winning another car.

are there any fightan games with a roster of cuteboys?

Really? I thought MvC was considered kinda casual.

I just want Rugal back.

KOFXIV on PC would be good. A Precure fighting game, fuck Toei and fuck Koei for picking Star Fox for a musou

Technically, Ryuhaku was never in KOF as an actual character, so he can't be "returning". Also, if MI characters were an option I'd voted for Makoto Mizoguchi.

KOF has quite the bishonen cast, but if you're looking for exclusively pretty boys in a fighting game roster that's pretty much bound to never happening.

Man, I whish.
Maybe Ougon, but it still has girls.

BB Has a couple I reckon

idk infiltration really loves mvc

Ryuhaku is KoF's best stage decoration, that's at least worst something

If he doesn't comeback as DLC, he'll be back in KoF XV 100%. There are far to many hints of him returning in KoF XIV for them not to bring him back.

oswald, bonne jenet and the king

meitenkun is pretty qt

you can't have a full roster of cuteboys because they need to fight manly men to get big and strong

Bound states are moves that hit the opponent so hard into the ground that they appear to bounce off the ground. The opponent is dumped right in front of the player for a follow-up of their choosing.
Tailspins are moves that send the opponent flying out in front of the player and leave them spinning in the ground for a follow-up. In order to capitalize on this state, the player must reach the opponent through either dashing up to the opponent or finding a move that will reach the defenseless opponent. Damage scaling does not reset if a bound or tailspin is used.
Most characters in Tekken 5 had a parry, but all of them had a *low* parry. Also the Heihachi "Parry" you're talking about is not actually a parry. It's a reversal. It's also not a very useful one, but it's a cool one to win with.

Man, I miss DR so much.

I'm surprised Meitenkun has so little fanart. You'd think fujos would be all over him.

How do you know when you've found your main?

when you start having the most fun

When it fits your playstyle.

Fuck. I really like punching shit as boxers, but I sure am not good at it, which lessens my fun.

I think I got that reference.

I'll probably be getting Revelator day of. That 65 dollarydoos is more than I thought it would be, but I'm somewhat okay with it cause I pretty much haven't played a Guilty Gear since the PS2 and I skipped Sign. So hoping it's good, gonna be like playing a new game for me since I haven't played one in about a decade(?) and that's exciting.

For me it's just been what flowed well and having fun with. A character that makes you want to get good with them, instead of frustrating you cause they make you feel like you're bad at the game. Bonus points if they're a qt though. When a new game comes out I usually just go through each character in practice mode and get the vibe of them, and usually I'll find 2 or 3 characters I have fun with and want to get better at.

On a side note, for anyone wanting to get into Killer Instinct here's that link I posted last time. ki.infil.net/

That's how I felt about grapplers and characters that abuse guard points. I just practiced the shit out of them until I got bretty good. Now I just have fun.

I get that, but then I also think, what if I'm just throwing myself at a really bad match up and it's not my fault, just inherent to game balance?

Stuck on World Tour in SFA3 against Ingrid the Not SNK Character as Balrog.

Q ain't a bad character.

Akuma is, though.

it really depends on the game. Some games give you enough workarounds to help out in bad match ups if you practice. While in others bad match ups make or break a character.

I never played SFA3 so I can't help you there.

For the sake of groupings especially since orochi crew is definitely getting in.

-Adel, Rugal, and Rock could be a group (I would put krauser before Rock but he's so low on the list)
they've just gota change Adel's moveset to be more different then rugal, keep his design the same but get rid of his forcefield and make his projectile more like a slow moving pressure tool sorta like charlie. AND make it so his God press isn't a numbskull move, turn it into a combo finisher or something not brain-dead.

-B.Mary, Vanessa (Yamazaki, or jenet)
I could see this being a very likely grouping. maybe Rock as the third

-I can't see shingo being added at least not for awhile.
Joke characters are usually already in the vanilla game or the last ones added. So him and Duck King could make a late appearance together

-I can't see Oswald being added since Hein is in the game
His moveset is very different, they just have to drastically change his appearance so he isn't the second butler.

-I can see Takuma being added by himself very late in the games life.

-I'm sorry but Whip doesn't fit in KOF, they'd have to really redesign her kit to work

-I'm surprised Gato is so low or else I'd say Gato/Takuma/Oswald could be a likely group

Why do you insist on bullying bestgirl?

No. Rugal should be in a boss team, or solo. If you want a "New Generation" team of sorts, put Adel, Rock and Kasumi/Momoko/Kim sons/May Lee/Chae Lim/Xiao Lon/Someone else that fits in a team.

Mary/Vanessa/Jenet as an alternate Womans team. Yamazaki/Gato/Shen as an alternate Outlaws team.

Hein is a butler fuckboy, Oswald is a tanned old man in a suit that likes playing cards. Their designs are different enough, especially if you keep the red glasses on Oswald.

A long-range military weapon user fits way more than a canadian cyborg, a combat butler, a sand ninja, a sleepy effeminate shota and fucking Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

That's the most silly statement I've read today.

you guys didn't read into what I said about whip.
I could give a fuck about the fact she uses a whip. If you played her and realized that SNK didn't give a shit about how her kit works you'd understand what I mean by, "She doesn't fit".

Also where would the world of character design be without Dio's muscle-T?

You think it wll stack with the 35% off fron skullgirls. I was planning to get this ge because fanservice

But I used her all the time in 99. Nothing really felt off, and it's not like they can't alter her like they did for almost every other returning character over the years

The coupon doesn't stack with another coupon. The max discount you can get is 35% off

If you play mindless rushdown with Whip you'll get blown off for sure.
She is a poke char and a zoner, she controls space, and her DM is a "get off me" tool.

WaveDash games is doing a great job scraping from the bottom of the Paladins character design trashcan

But he is half right. Most of whips moves are terribly telegraphed for a fast game like kof.

They also did a terribly job with orochi shermie whose close up game sucks but also doesnt have good zoning tools besides her kiss thing.

The truth is snk ised to give fuck all about design. Just look at how these characters compare against top tiers like terry iori and the like. Dont stand a chance

Oh god, I was seriously hoping they'd be able to at least put out decent character designs for their platform fighter. At least Rivals of Aether knows where it fucking came from.

So anyone playing Nitroplus Blasterz? What do you think about it?

You are correct, there is only one whip User that fits KOF perfectly!

I wouldn't even be mad. Art of Fighting 3 characters in general need more love.

You say like she wouldn't get an overhaul like many characters had in XIII like Ralf, Clark, Kensou(didn't really needed and got some old stuff back in XIV), Chin, Athena(smaller scale), Yuri(smaller scale) and maybe some others. XIV even changed Angel, Chang, Choi and more tweaks to Ralf, Clark among others.

I can see her good stuff coming back like air.CD and other pokes but with new or "fixed" specials. Supers could work like XI with all the cancel bullshit both games have and her Climax being her magnun shot from 2002UM.

By the way, I voted for Blue Mary, Shermie and the American Sports Team. But Whip and Shingo would be nice.

I don't think people really miss the Orochi Team forms that much. Just mix regular Yashiro with his Orochi form moves and most players will be happy.

I don't remember Whippy being that stacked in the games

Almost every player I know plays/used to play either Chris or Yashiro, in their normal or Orochi forms.

I miss Shermie because she is my eternal waifu.

She also doesn't have wine red hair canonically, but she looks good with it. She isn't that large breasted but she is well off in that regard. I wish I had that size comparison chart saved, shows that Angel is/was the bustiest.

This what you're referring to?

Like I said, major overhaul. Leona got one too.

Got you covered pal.

Is 92 cm really that big?
I have never seen female tits irl so i don't know.

Much obliged, gentlemen. Leona didn't actually get bigger, did she? I think it's a trick of the light.

They'd be quite a handful, much like Angel herself.

and that's what I said, Her kit would get changed, she would get an overhaul.

dandyj has a really good vf5 tutorial that pretty much deals with 3d fundamentals.

i like parrying as a mechanic, the problem is that certain moves didn't seem to be designed with it in mind and basically became useless as a result. this is more of a move design problem than a problem with parrying in of itself imho.

looks like that dead mmo

Anyone have any great videos on Nitroplus Blasters that really show what the game is capable of? I'm willing to give it a shot despite not caring about the anime/VN/whatever the characters are from.

Try this.

I just bought the PC version so I don't know about any changes but I've played the PS4 version a decent bit. The game is super fun, it's crazy and fast but it still feels like you're in control. It's kind of funny that they paired the game with Skullgirls for discounts, since it kind of feels like a versus game mixed with GG, but done way better than Skullgirls did it.

Vid related is good, too. If I recall the character and assist variety was better at CEOtaku than AnimEVO.

Sounds good, might get it later. Holding off since I want Revelator.

Speak of PC fighters, did Netherrealms ever decide to support MKX on pc yet? Or is it still trash?

I usually stick with characters that fit my playstyle, but when KoF XIV comes on PC I plan on playing Hein purely because I fucking love badass butler characters.

I wanted to ask a similar question. I started playing Chun-Li in third strike. I've been winning online matches more than I have with other characters, but my biggest problem is that she gets boring to play after a while. Is it better to main a top tier but boring character, or a low tier but fun character?

Winning is fun.
But besides that, if you can have fun while losing, then, sure, go ahead.

I remember her purely because of her unblockable Desperation move in AoFIII eating off like 75% of my lifebar, what the fuck man.

Play the character you like. Simple as that. If you enjoy playing top tier, go for it. Just enjoy your game.

Her model? Of course. Mai is also a real titty monster now. You know Vice is supposed bigger than Mature even if they used to be literal headswaps sharing normals with special and DMs being what differentiate them.
The models/sprites never really reflected their stats.
You could argue Mai stuff things there since she's a kunoichi.

After the XL patch and KP2 DLC added to the Steam version the PC version is fine.

3S Chun is busted to the point where you don't even need the practice with her, just play characters you really enjoy unless it's a big tournament for a fat stack of cash.

Thanks, I got a 25% off coupon, so if these videos pique my interest I'll definitely pick it up.

you re right, THIS 25% off coupon IS the skullgirls coupon, since i sjust go thome and checked steam and i had this delivered.

So 25% from skullgirls and 10% from launch

The PC version of MK XL is really good but it is too late, the online is dead

Where do you think she gets all those fans?

mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html

If these changes get made 3rd strike will become glorious and you can main chun without feeling like a dirtbag

this should continue and say

They know.

Ogura seems like a pretty cool guy

I also got a coupon.

How's the netcode?

I miss Infiltration's drunk videos before Razer made him clean up.

I'm really liking sledgehammer girl from what I've seen so far. Overheads,OTG attacks and air drops while giving no fucks, it may also simply be the novelty of a little girl with a sledgehammer. With the discounts added up it's only $20 so I'm strongly leaning towards buy right now.

Chicks with big weapons are always cool, and she's fun as hell.

if this is a tits thread I'm voting Mai.

She may be the obvious choice, but that's only because she's the best.

MORRIGAN'S TITS
1994 - [CURRENT YEAR]
RIP IN PEPPERONI

"Thanks" for taking an interesting, Disney. (At least if Infiltration is to be trusted.)

am i crazy? i know she had a jiggle in of those games

She would get my vote

Well, color me surprised.

Lots of people other than you have played Galaxy Fight. They just don't post about it. At least, that's my theory.

Angel wins by default. NESTS enhanced breasts can't be beat.

shame SNK keeps trying to fill their only game with loads of OC characters instead of using the tons of good shit in their past games. KOF started as a fun mash of other SNK games, i never liked what it became on it's own, but at least the gameplay is still decent

Wasn't a fan of the other characters in Galaxy Fight but I think Roomi had potential. She should be rescued and put in another game like KoF IMO.

Berenstain.

I think she a very subtle bounce.
Though they were neutered gameplaywise, I really the sprites Capcom did for the SNK characters. Will even dare say their version of Rugal looks a lot better.

Goofed around on the emulator but I liked WW7 more.

Might see about getting it if it goes on sale then.

That's fine, I'm not looking to do MK online. KI and Skullgirls are the games I mainly play online currently so just wanting to play other fighters.

Thanks anons.

He is warning us, it's a shit roster.

mmm yes this is it, somehow i didn't see it when i was emulating so i'll blame the shitty emulation.

Thanks user.

They put all that love into the SNK characters yet they still couldn't give Morrigan new sprites.

Mandatory Soulcalibur if we're gonna talk titty monsters.
The costumes got a little too silly for my tastes though. I don't mind the ridiculous figures all that much since the men also had absurd physiques.

Mah nig, i'm looking forward to the new skins not being fucking palette swaps with smoke shit, but who am i kidding of course they are

What were some of Infil's best stream moments anyway?

She suffered far too long from that bullshit.

Capcom should have started recycling Morrigan's TvC model for all the other fighting games she appeared in afterwards

>tfw Project Soul caves in to the current year

She did have a few new frames here and there for the SNK mechanics. Ridiculous nonetheless.
That said, I loved her stage and theme.

Controversial opinion but I almost preferred CvS1 to 2. The presentation felt more like a true celebration of the history of both sides with themes and stages that could almost all be traced to a specific character like Pao Pao Cafe and Geese Tower.
Also EX characters, classic OSTs and the comfiest menu music ever.

That's Bandai Namco we're talking about. They'll not cave in to "current year", they'll jew their way with regular clothes in the main game and the sexy/skimpy ones as DLC.

I always found funny it literally tells you to drink beer.

told ya

Sorry, fucked up my post earlier

Haven't you heard what they did to the new Tales game and new Dragon ball game?
They don't need to listen to the current year crowd, they pull stupid shit by themselves.

I hope you enjoy Denuvo in Tekken 7

Fucking Japs taking voice lines from beer commercials.

The song is actually good.

Go to bed, Nelson Mandela!

They'll probably cave to the nip version of [CURRENT YEAR] and let it rot as a pachinko IP.

And then there was that version mashed up with Ryu's theme.

What the fuck did they do those?

They changed every sword in the new dragon ball game into wooden sticks and as for tales; embedded related.

And you heard about what Harada said recently?
Back in 2012
archive.is/KNtJF

And now:
shoryuken.com/2016/08/30/tekkens-harada-is-considering-expanding-tekken-7-with-paid-dlc-due-to-fan-demand/

wat

I don't care for the skins either since it's just purple/green/gold/etc.. I rather have more costumes.

I wonder if we'll be getting another season or if they'll do a sequel. I'd prefer a sequel as I don't know where they'd go for another season, but I really have no idea how well KI has done or if Microsoft would be willing to do another one. I hope we get another one, KI is legit fucking fantastic.

I was more so just making a blanket statement where nothing good would come from bamco in the future with tekken 7 being the next stop on the shit train.

Yup, even though Bamco has released DB games rated E and T before with sword characters.

I keep saying this, but you all should keep in mind that some of these censorship changes may be more due to the threat of rating committees like CERO and the ESRB giving them a higher rating than they want than the developers themselves.

But wait what? Wooden swords? That sounds really overboard…

The FF7remake is so fucked with the way things are these days.

That's beyond retarded.

I stopped watching his streams once he fell into the hentai air/sixty nine loop. I'm glad to find out that he wasn't really enjoying that. All his best stuff came from his youtube channel, like the screens I posted came from a three hour video he did with friends after he won the first CPT event where he blew off SFV as not very fun and then talked a lot about other fighting games and the US FGC.

"Black people love the hypes."

Devs claim that whenever they're challenged and every time it comes out that ratings agencies don't really give a shit (except for Australia) and if you don't get the rating you want you can just refile. This is 100% on the devs and localization team.

Do you think Tekken Tag 2 will still have a big online playerbase after Tekken 7 comes out?

The only ones editing the game for a certain rating is the publishers/localization themselves. For some retarded reason they think the games will sell more if it has a lower rating instead of just saying "fuck it give us the M". Nothing in the games they edit has stuff that would break an m rating and the ESRB doesn't give a fuck as seen with Gal Gun and Valkyrie Drive.

It is, the worst part it didn't even change the rating.

If people are disappointed with Tekken 7, I could see it surviving.

All these weaklings posting weak tits. Unless the girl uses them in battle, just get out.
Angel just abuse her enemy, so, it's not enough.

Bamco also altered things in God Eater, and, on top of that, added Denovo.
Tekken 7 for PCs will not be good if their other launches are cluing.

For the love of Angel's shriek, don't worry about online. Get people to play offline and you will get the best experience the game have to offer! Online will never last and never work as well as offline.

oh no you missed out on seeing a 3d model of a child getting impaled by a sword and instead saw some magic stakes, how horrible

but user, how am I supposed to get good if i'm an anti social weeb and my favorite fighter has dead online?

Something something slippery slope
It's not on the level of removing all the blood from non bluray versions of anime, but it's still not okay.

Yeah, that's the main reason I'm not getting excited for Tekken 7. It will help nullify the disappointment with Bamco fucks it.

And if they don't? It will be a pleasant surprise.

Pretty much this, it opens a gateway for more changes like what happened with Bravely Default 2
On top of which it's an extremely pointless change considering the censored version would be more brutal if it wasn't magic

Thanks for that wisdom, user.

Fighting game is a social game. If you don't wanna confront the outside world, you shouldn't play fighting games.
You should play some shmups or some RGs. Weebs loves RGs.

You think you are the only anti social weeb around? And try to organize small tournaments, for pure fun. soon you will see plenty of players. And this is your only option. I'm pretty sure things will get grim for online games on older platforms soon.

Post-09 era in a nutshell.
Fighting games are made to be local competition. Not online.
Now that I see people, talking about "LANs" for an offline FG session, it crisples my jeremies.

The original scene was much better, better camera, more dramatic and tragic. The other one is fantasy shit that barely hits home the severity of the situation. It's not terrible but I actually had some sort of emotion in the original scene, the new one does nothing for me. In execution scenes The person doing the actual stabbing close and personal will always be more brutal and dramatic then magic shit.

That's it. But why play galaxy fight when you can play waku waku 7 and then not talk about that instead?

Who owns the rights to Waku Waku 7 now anyways?

And people wonder why she's first in the poll

Sunsoft is still around so afaik they still own the rights. Their most recent stuff was just WiiWare re-releases so I assume they don't have the $$$ for a new WW7 despite Fighting games being popular again.

KI did exceptionally well for them considering the original expectations was that it was only greenlit as a tech demo and a launch title. Continuing it became a middle finger to the exec who told them at the original pitch "Fighting games are a dead genre" (And was fired by Microsoft for that absolute fucking shitshow of a launch. You know who I'm talking about) and they had 7 million players with the majority buying content on a game with an AA level budget. They did pretty good (Also Phil Spencer had the choice of continuing KI or killing it after S1 as Capcom offered them Street Fighter V as one of his first on the job decisions. He continued KI instead and MS dodged that motherfucker of a bullet. He's also mentioned KI is a massive success for them that they didn't even expect just how popular it would be)

I know they posted on the forums saying they do have a future plan for the game (There's a new "Textual Stream" tomorrow) but it also sounds from a lot of IG staffers that they want to move engine to Unreal 4. MS is moving most of its in house production to UE4 so they would benefit by sharing tech instead of having to wring out Double Helix's engine as not even Double Helix is using it anymore (They are using Amazon's fork of CryEngine. Lumberyard) so it's potentially going to be a new game rather than Season 4. Which would be fine because they nailed down the fundamentals and a sequel with a newer, more advanced engine would likely only improve it further.

That or they get really brave, drop HexEngine and just reamake the entire thing into Unreal 4 along with making a Season 4.

Voted for her, Yamazaki and Gato. Things are looking good for her and Yamazaki, but Gato…..not so much.

Well Sunsoft just announced a new Blaster Master for the 3DS so maybe there is a small chance.

At least Gato is guaranteed a spot for whenever they get around to Garou 2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Go read a book you dumb cunt

RIP Xbox HUEG. Playing DOA2U was a blast ;_;

Oh that's good. Seems like a sequel would be the most likely to happen based on what you're saying once they wrap up Season 3. But who knows I guess.

I don't keep up with the community itself much, when and where is this stream tomorrow?

Good goy, now pay us to unlock the titles in Tales of the Totem featuring Pokemon as DLC exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™!

I hope we don't. Not because I don't like the game or what. It's a great game and people should play it more.But, because the game is done, that's all.
It's just like VF5FS. The game doesn't need more content, it just needs either balance patches / bugfixes or ports on other consoles.
People totally forgot about something really important in the FGC: having the Gold Version of a game. Nobody touches anything, the devs let the meta grow on its own, the community creates stories, leagues, teams between players…
That's why I admire the Marvel Community in the US or the Melee community in general. When a game is done, you start to focus more on the players than on the game. Excuses became less and less relevant.
Now, people want it all, they don't even scratch the surface that they think they saw everything. This is why we're a niche genre. SFxT, TvC, etc, We stopped caring about those games, we don't even know how far the meta could grow on it.
The big problem KI has is its console. Even the PC port being Win10 only is a problem. The community can easily resolve that problem, but usually, people prefers to wait the TOs to do the hard work. That's why KI and a lot of games are dead in Europe, while they're not in NA.

Everyone in that game besides the tetsuo ripoff and the robot were cool and had potential. Why didn't you like the others?

How is that move supposed to be used? Never figured it.

Follow up. Concerning KI, the only thing I wanted is stages for Mira, Rash, RAAM and Eyedol. To finally "complete" the game.
But 1) it absolutely don't need it, 2) Definitive Edition already sealed the deal of that game.

generic space guy, generic ninja, punk girl, hilarious black stereotype…..actually on second thought I liked the giant lizard guy too. Not too much stood out to me, it did look really gorgeous though.

The game play itself was good.

Why does Litchi suck in CF? She feels like they just took away all her fun stuff for no reason.

ARISEN FOR MVC4

How often do you play?
How long do you play?

Every day for a few hours.

You would think I'd be better than I am.

Dude…

Used to play a few hours every day just practicing execution, but I've lost the drive a while and recently thought about trying again.

Please no.

A few hours a few times a week. I'm pretty shit and I don't think I'm going to improve much unless I start playing daily.

kek

Enjoying FFXV. I like to do everything so the first chapter took 13 hours.
The camera is pretty bad though. And having to be exposed to all the anime, movie, and game to understand is bad. Find it hard to be interested in the characters.

Yes I do prepare for interviews, for both when I win and when I lose.
FR was really really really loud, east coast black guys are loud.
Until FR I had no idea what my skill levels were in the international stage.
Watching Tokido and Haitani I didn't think I could win but was surprised by the result.
Didn't think Marn would be around long, he was winning thanks to Mika.
To be honest, out of all the SF characters, I hate Mika the most.

Chun, Cammy, Mika top 3
I thought it was just me but after talking to other players after CPT, everyone agreed on the top three.

RedBull Kumite
There were rumors of winning RedBull would result in sponsorship but turned out to be just a rumor.
The trophy's really weird, heavy as hell and the 2014 and 2015 champions' names are on it, but mine isn't. It also took five months for them to ship it to me.
I liked the previous trophy which was a gong, but this… it's like they recycled the trophy.
Highlight has to be poongko getting old and not being able to chug that redbull, spewing it.

CEO tokido was really strong, wasn't sure I could win that time.
I practiced really hard to defeat Ken after losing SF Crash, and beat Momochi that time

SF Crash was too goddamn long. Perhaps they should do it between January and February, before capcom tours start.

I heard Fuudo isn't razer anymore, notice how he didn't wear the razer uniform in CPT. Probably just Xian and I in razer now.

I was really unhappy with losing SF Crash. Xian too. I was really upset especially against Ken, because when nash jumps it becomes 9:1 favoring ken. So in CEO I got back to him by not jumping, just beating him on ground then running away.

Liked how professional EVO finals were, becuase it was broadcast.

How do you play this character?

With one hand

user's saying what we're all thinkin'!

I just wanted to know how to play Angel.

Like so

Angel confirmed for MAHVEL!

It's a command grab but I find it rather short in range. It can work if you're really close and the opponent is not expecting. It also connects from cl.C. (cl.C->f+A) but might as well do any of her other command grabs. I just do it for fun when I know the opponent will be killed in that move. MAYBE it works after her "Extra" dodge command (A+B+C) but I rarely use

What said. But seriously, vid related even if I hate gunsmith opinions. There's two more videos after that one. Of course XIV is a little different and you have new setups, her guardbreak move is really good and other stuff but these videos are fine for a beginner.

*command grab after the hit
The opponent can block the move. That's what I meant by "the opponent is not expecting".

I'm sure glad 3s dick riders exist to prove frauds like Daigo wrong.

I think Daigo now just fucks around riding the twitch/esports money while selling his books, manga and other stuff.

He mentioned that he's mostly traveling to bring fighting games into more of spotlight and get more people to play them. If it's an os or not I don't know lol.

Apparently they're buffing Ryu's fireballs and nerfing his normals outside of v-trigger in season 2 so Ryu won't play like a gorilla anymore. Pretty sure it's because he would be indistinguishable from Akuma if he stayed the same.
I'm guessing I'm alone on this one but I really enjoyed watching fireball wars and more neutral based combat in SF4 which is the impression I have they're going for. I think Daigo (Bonchan as well should he switch) will get to shine more.

His entire life has been nothing but fucking around.
If you actually read his book you realize that his mindset is completely opposite to 99% of the FGC.
He always played to improve himself first, he never aimed to win.
He won because he spent so much time self improving, it was basically a byproduct, not his goal.

Basically the entire FGC is completely wrong about everything, he just never told them (probably because it benefits him as a player).
Hell, that also means literally nobody in these threads will even remotely have a chance at anything serious (not that you needed confirmation, but still, this pretty much seals it).

Nash is dead, bonchan would have to be crazy to not switch

I was saying I hope we get a sequel two or so years after they wrap up season 3, not another season. A season 4 would be whatever to me, I don't really know what else they'd do. And though a fair amount of the new characters to the series in general have been great (Hisako, Sadira, even Rash I think is a great addition even if he is a guest, etc.) I don't really see any more room to add to the roster. I think Arbiter and RAAM are fun to play too, but I wouldn't care if they didn't show up again.

I agree with you on that KI2013 is done as is outside of any upcoming patches they do. I just think KI2013 is the best entry in the entire Killer Instinct franchise, and I played a lot of KI1 and 2 back in the day both on arcade at my local movie theatre (rip) and console, so I hope we get another one sometime in the future that builds upon it.

He still has some of the best offense and aa normals in the game, especially now that dp's have been nerfed. That and he stuck with Sagat through the nerfs as well. He just isn't as obnoxious with his movement and scythe anymore.

If KI wasn't on xbone/win 10 it would be regarded as one of the best fighting games of this generation.
Instead, it will die a lonely death eventually and it's sequel will most likely be shit/won't exist.
And that's good, developers need to be discouraged from making titles on the wrong platforms and punished for it.

Sagat post nerfs was still viable

They were probably showered in gold by MS for putting it on W10/xbone though

oh and apparently moonsault's slower too

Obviously, wich makes it better.
It's a giant warning sign for any other developer looking to make a deal with the devil.

but… they already got their shekels

Short term, yes, long term, no.
It's a fraction of the money they would've made if they went multiplat.
Over a longer period of time, too.

Microsoft owns the Killer Instinct IP though due to their acquisition of Rare. So they wouldn't have gone multiplat. I don't understand what you're saying.

Why.

I liked SC5

Also

What did they mean by this?

I was going to argue the post but seeing as you're probably a Nash main it would be for naught.

fuck forgot the video.

Sorry facts upset you?

ok

I tried to get into KI, but for some reason Season 3 looks like an ugly cluster fuck. A while back, people noticed there issues with input delays. but that might have been fixed. Balance is all kinds of retarded too (Gargos got nerfed recently, but it's still all kinds of fucked up). Oh yea, the game's literally "Disc-locked Content: The Fighting Game."

KI really felt half-assed.

I have two questions:
- Do people still play tekken
- How do I git gud

I don't know about that as I never personally had a problem with Gargos or input delay, but I always thought KI had an ugly presentation. All the modes are kind of shitty and the UI isn't that great. As far as the "disc-locked content", i don't know what it was like on xbox, but when it came to pc Season 3 started so you could get everything for an alright price. The definitive edition now is like 35 I think.

There's a new Tekken coming out next year I think? As far as getting good I can't really help you. Last Tekken I played was the first Tag Tournament.

disgraceful

yes
use the practice mode in arcade goy

It's going to go up on their website sometime later this evening and it's mostly community questions and some info on the future.

I'd expect they are going to address if it's Season 4 or a New game though.

I'd say KI 2013 is done, not so much because there's nothing more they can do with it but it sounds like Iron Galaxy really wants to move engines because as pointed out, even Double Helix dropped their own engine while nearly the entirety of Microsoft's 1st party will be using Unreal 4 for the forseable future. From a technical standpoint, it's probably the better move. Especially as IG have pointed out that the scripting is really fucked in it and they couldn't do Ultimates the way they wanted because DH's plan for Ultimates was to be completely stage based cinematics like on Shadow Jago's stage. But they never pulled that off (And they didn't want to go in and break other characters scripting by giving then an anime style ultimate) and IG have said they had gameplay mechanics they wanted to work into the game but can't with the current engine.

There's no doubt it's getting a sequel though. It really was one of the biggest surprise hits of the generation and a sequel that enhances the core game would likely do really well.

He's cuckchan shitposting and baiting you. Ignore them.

The community is very small. 3d fighters are infamous for this because they usually don't tend to help each other or learn non-top tier characters. America's Tekken scene is a joke compared to Japan's and Korea's.

Learn how to pull off EWGFs (eternal wind god fist) if you want to use a Mishima, juggle, dash, back dash, and escape throws with a character if you want to be good at Tekken.

Nope, Tag 2 is pretty much dead out of a few tournies. It's too bloated and very unfriendly to players unfamiliar with Tekken.

People are already feeling disappointment with Tekken 7. Shit music (the biggest offender), shit roster, shitty rage art supers that are almost never used, shit balance (gigas whiffs like crazy, Akuma is either buff as fuck or weak as fuck because Harada sucks at balancing), and how Harada is really doing jack shit out of pulling the fgc's strings.

I thought I would like Rash when he came out. I guess that was nostalgia trying to get to me.

Not him but limiting to Windows10 was a huge mistake. Its F2P model would do well with low end specs and Windows7 at least. Not saying the graphics should suffer on high end machines but it would definitely get a bigger player base.
And it would run on my toaster

I really want to get into KI (I've only ever had a few dozen casual matches), but I'm to fucking busy with college.

I wish I was a neet.

I would think if there'd be any talk about that it wouldn't be until the World Cup at the beginning of next year(?). And even later if they're doing a sequel. Would say Microsoft probably wants to keep a tight lid on it if there's a sequel being planned.

Oh, of course. I'm not going to defend it being exclusive to Win10. I was just saying that since Microsoft owns the IP itself, there's not really much anyone can do about it. I can't really blame anyone for not wanting to deal with Win10.

I don't play Rash, but I thought he fit into the roster well enough and doesn't really stand out in the line-up of Killer Instinct's other freaks. More so than Arbiter and RAAM obviously. I'd be alright with having him included again in a future game, but if he wasn't there I couldn't say I'd be bothered by it. Might just be me though.

I'm resigned to never being good at fighting games but what do you mean by this?

To clarify I've never read Daigo's book, didn't even know he wrote one.

So, how's VF5FS in Yakuza6? It just released in Japan but it'll only come in 2018 in the west.

Is there even online?

It's not my screenshot so I've got no clue. Last I heard; it was pretty much on the same level of what they did for VF2 in Yakuza 5

I remember complaining on the forums about the unecessary requirements of patch 3.5, mainly the mandatory windows update which i called an upgrade in spyware, and immediately got replies like "its just you, the IT industry thinks W10 is great"

So I just got a bunch of birthday money.
But I run Linux on my PC, don't own a PS4…
Have a Wii U, Vita, PS3 tho.
So I'm not sure what fighting game is worth my money, if any.
I do have a Windows 7 install on my PC, just don't want to have to boot into Windows just to play a game casually when taking a break.
FightCade also has an issue where inputs get stuck on Linux (they're using an old version of FBA and I'm not even sure if newer version of FBA have the issue fixed). So while FightCade is great fun, I have to boot into Windows to actually play it, despite FightCade having an official Linux build.

xrd revelator on ps3 has crossplay, out of all the modern fighting games i'd it's the one that is most worth your money.

uniel is also fun despite being flawed game in some regards that will probably never see another update in the west

Game fucking crashes

Of course.

Oh look who's in second place now?

Well, I have Mint for work stuff using Antimicro for button mapping and have zero issues with Fightcade. Skullgirls runs fine on Linux too.
Also, BlazblueCF, Skullgirls and Xrd have crossplay with the PS4 versions (Skullgirls have with the Vita too).

Ah, thanks. I'll look into it.

Is it really an emulator? Yakuza5 had literally the VF2HD release inside the game that you could boot up from the main menu.

STOP PLAYING THIS GAME, HOLY SHIT

Now Vanessa needs a few votes.

Skullgirls.

Ryuji needs the votes more.

I went back in and got an okay match to make up for it. But there is still no reason that this game should still be so fucking slow to load, so slow to get into matches, and not always have smooth connections. You figure a game that bought itself the Fighting Game of the Year title would be a bit more polished, especially since they only had to work on two platforms.

You goddamned Kyokugen chode goblins, stop voting for crap characters just to make sure Kasumi doesn't get a good percentage of votes!
We all know you're not voting for Rock or Adele or the Burger team because you want them in the game. I call shenanigans on you!
:^)

Maybe she'll be considered for XV.
I just want my 98UM and 02UM team back.

also fuck you Mai, you're the reason she's not in the tourney in the story

there's a lot of dumb things that are said on the forums. Day or two ago people were complaining about being ultra comboed online and having to watch the full thing. Video game communities are always cancer, it's why I don't follow it much. I'll check out EVO and other tournaments, but beyond that I just don't care.

She's the reason about 10+ chicks aren't in the tourney. Talk about being a turbo cunt…

Reminds me of that bit in FF ending where Joe suggests Andy gets the mantis as his theme animal because he's so freakin' whipped.

I voted for Kasumi as one of the 3, if it makes you feel any better.

Andy doesn't deserve such a horrible fate

Andy deserves everything good and bad. Mai wouldn't be in the KoF tournaments if he never got her attention by being a nice guy. Now he has a crazy titty monster that actively prevents other girls from entering the tournament and who is hellbent on getting her vagoo around his diddly.

Sorry Kasumi bros, she's pretty high on my list but we already have Geese for counter shennanigans and I really miss Brian.

Reminder that one of his drawings was bookmarked on pixiv by the same guy who made shitting dick nipples. I don't even know what that's supposed to be, but if RunningWild's response is anything to go by, then I don't want to know.

It is literally spelled out for you. It's exactly what it sounds like. It's not rocket science, it's shitting dick nipples.

Nipples that are dicks that shit

For anyone wanting it, SFV is on sale on Humble for 2 more hours. It's $30 dollars. humblebundle.com/store/street-fighter-v

Capcom doesn't deserve any money.

I only agree about the Ultra combo if you're playing exhibition and you have to watch it after every single match. Only so many times until you get tired of seeing it when you could be playing.

Watch the fucking vid dipshit. A metric fuckton of zoning going on.

That's 30 dollars too expensive still

yeah, nah

RIP dead game

Call me when it goes on a actual Capcom Bundle where I can donate again 100% for charity.
The disk is selling for like U$5.00 here and I'm not interested.

Well, considering the guy is /d/ tier oh his twitter feed, I don't want to know.

And don't worry Kasumi fans. You'll always have 2002UM

Are there any fighting game characters you outright hate? Either because they're annoying to fight, have an abnoxious voice, or both?

Ken Masters and Ash Crimson

Sin in Xrd, any version. Fucker can get a combo that takes half of your health away if you make one mistake, even with the nerf he got. Bedman as well, but for some reason I have better luck fighting against him than Sin

lmao this fucking tekken tournament

Why are japanese tournaments so shit?

Sorry I didn't mean to add le implication arrow

This AK guy is a madman

The Jews would admire this

Anyone got that collage of people complaining about SFV on espn?

I gotchu fam.

thanks

Guess they still have chinese children cartoon show fighers and smash

>Zato/Eddie is now voiced by Takehito Koyasu, Who also does the voices of DIO and Shingo Yabuki.
Zato's death is probably the creepiest thing in GG, just for how his VA died at the same time his character did.

Even Japan doesn't have enough autism to win in Smash.

wasn't there some japanese players doing well in smash or am I imagining things

They can place well but it's rare if Americans are all over the tournaments too.

Never listen to Ultra Combo. Even the devs barely listen to them and even Keits said he listens more to what people say to him at tournaments than Ultra Combo.

UC is like MK Online. Never go there (Though I know it's a back in the day thing. The way Midway would fuck with them was hilarious. The whole "Zombie Liu Kang" episode was fucking with their gullibility and it was brilliant)

Most experienced players will just end it quick with an Ultra ender in exhibition and ranked because they are sick of it too. Though in Killer rank, styling on someone with an extended ultra is a viable mindgame since once you reach Gold rank. All matches between Gold/Killer ranks become 2/3. Pissing off someone going into the next match so they immediately start making mistakes is viable. And people get turbo mad if you do a stage ultra on them at that rank.

I've seen players like Bass do it in real tournaments as well with super flashy Cinder juggles into recapture ultras, and it works. At the same time, you don't want to piss someone off enough they do get focused enough to smack your ass. Sleep did it to Paul B at evo this year in the first of their Last 16 by doing a stage ultra and clowning him (Especially managing to do it with Gargos who is Garbos at that range). Paul B just fucking rolled Sleep the next two sets and knocked Sleep into losers in response.

It's a viable mind game when there's something to play for. But only then. Then it's just polite to hit the ender in an exhibition.

HEY GUYS WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT IN OUR INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT

WAN: PACHINKO!
TZU: LINE EMOTICONS
TREE: LITERAL WHO WRESTLER MOVE FOR KING
PORE: KUMA!

Why do they do this

Oh and an online tournament mode. Big whoop.

Is it true that Kuma's in Tekken 7 now?
Does that mean that one guy who said he was a Kuma main for life will end up playing Tekken 7 after all?

Oh boy.

Like I said . here's a pastebin as a sugestion for the next OP: pastebin.com/ThhMPgwz

But now, we could use Kuma as the theme.

Sin and ramlethal I hate fighting, but sin is so much worse. Worst design in xrd, easy combos, huge damage, and the 'drawback' he has with eating is hardly bad at all. Plus he is just boring. Plenty of sin players switch just because he is so boring to use.

Kumna's been my main for 20-something years. Fuck you.

About motherfucking time Kuma was in Tekken 7.

But if he's a console exclusive, and not in the arcade version, fuck that. He'll be damn near useless like all the other dlcs in Tag 2 (not like he was top-tier anyway, but he could do shit in Tag 2).

What's that from?

Didn't they killed the character in honor to the VA like some Simpsons characters and Chef in South Park?

Are there any console exclusive character announced?

I don't think there's anything that I hate more than that bitch and her sisters in any fighting game.

Rumor is Lee and Miguel might be console exclusive if the game will be out by early 2017.

They're not top-tier, and have always been joke characters; however, Kuma has been a decent joke character in the right hands (like Dan in SF).

Chef was killed off when Isaac was butt hurt over the Scientology jokes. He died way after the episode happened.

Just a reminder; today is the last day for the KoF XIV Survey.

Here is the current top 20 for DLC characters.

NJPW x Tekken crossover

King gets a new attire

C'mon, I want Brian back but if you guys rig the poll, they'll ban them forever in the "stolen invitation" backstory limbo.

I hardly believe they'll add anyone besides CYS Team IF they add anyone.

/>>11434872
What a shitty promo for a costume you have to buy through microtransactions (if it's in the arcade version).

When are they gonna announce a decent soundtrack though?

As much as I want Shermie come back, it's kinda bullshit that she and the burgers get to be voted as a entire team.
Kasumi would fare better if she came in a package deal with Eiji and another dweebenheimer. Likewise for Hinako, Maylee and Xiangfei.

Screen shot of Xbox store accidentally revealing a new KI character.
It just from a random dude on twitter, no idea if its legit.

It seems to be missing an arm and looks pretty banged up, so my guess is its a prototype of fulgore that was planned to go into the incinerator but it said "no fuck that shit".
Pun with the name too, as it is a "Killed Fulgore".

I don't know how to feel about this one.

Honestly I am just surprised they didn't do the "scrapped Fulgore prototype" idea earlier.

So, Rare and Microsoft already added Rash in the game. To be honest, I would like to see some other characters too. I mean, KoF is made from character of other series, and still works well. They could go crazy with KI.
And since they are working with platinum, I think Jack would fit well. And Anarchy Reigns was released for the 360.

I think Sega owns the MW/MA IP. Besides, they'd be a better fit for Fighters Megamix 2.

They also got their claws on Vanillaware (by acquiring Atlus who, in turn, acquired VW). Man, just the absurd thought of P*, Sega, Atlus and Vanillaware characters in one game…

Anyway, KI is not my cup of tea but if that's what fans want and they can make it happen, then let them go bonkers. We need more "FUN ALLOWED" in fighting game rosters.

Yeah, that's why Chef got such a gruesome death. I believe Matt and Trey's statement on it was something like "Isaac was fine cashing checks when we were making fun of Christians and Jews all these years, but not Scientology".

Do you have all relevant stuff that people wanted in the OP and omitted all the stuff that is no longer important?

Does copy pasting pastebin.com/ThhMPgwz count? I tried to make it a bear theme.

Completely stupid. The entire licence was bought by MS.
With that mentality, KoF XIV should be also punished. Or TvC, back in the day.
The KI community exists and they'll play the game themselves.
Fighting games aren't a console genre. It's an arcade one. We can play on anything that can run the game and accepts sticks. (or pads, for that matter) A game is not "insta-dead" because it was released in an other console. A lot of PS3 games had communities, back when the 360 was everywhere in tourneys.

You mean, just like the 360 period?

Gahd… I'm glad I wasn't here when he posted that.

I should also mention that I tried making a new thread, but it wouldn't go through.

Looks good to me, but I'm not really picky. I honestly forget a lot of the stuff people wanted in the last OP, if anything isn't there.

I agree with this, KI is doing just fine. SFV chose "the right console" in many people's eyes… and it sold for shit. If fighting game fans were sad console warriors, there wouldn't be nearly as many who appreciate the Dreamcast titles. The game is always what's important, not what it was released on.

That's why you post here. To check us, but not really.

Thinking of replacing my qanba q1 with one of these 2.
anybody have one of these 2 and can tell me if it's a good buy? I need something that works on ps4 and pc

Mildly related because arcade/locals/tournaments vs. consoles/netplay…

(Forgetting issues with retarded developers opting for input-delay instead of rollback netplay) Netplay is a fair amount of extra work and development time…I get the feeling there might be a lot more experimental fighting games out there if netplay wasn't a hard requirement from the get-go for a fighting game to sell at all.

I've heard almost nothing but ass from the cheapo mayflash stick
Mostly "Might as well get a higher quality stick, with how long it'll last"

Well, FM2K and EF12 exists, so people could easily make their tries, without caring that much about online play.

Reminder that Saint won the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2016, but nobody cares, because it's not Street Fighter and this fact will never feature in this general's OP.

I gotta know when those tournaments are happening somehow.