What games do hacking right?

What games do hacking right?

Uplink and only uplink.
Darknet to a lesser extent.

This, uplink is the shit.

Didn't you know you only need to press a button on a controller to suddenly turn into a cyber terrorist anti-hero?

WOOOOOOOW

Uplink is the right answer.
Hackmud is pretty cool too though, but its not for everyone.

At least Watch Dogs promotes solving your problems with clever tools instead of shooting everyo- Oh, right.

Divine Cybermancy''s hacking system is great.

deusex:hr was pretty cool

your mom

It's fun gameplay-wise and getting back-hacked by a door is hilarious, but the system itself is dogshit dumb

Isn't that the only thing that matters?

Not when the question is "what game does it right".
EYE did the fun part right, but the hacking itself is retarded

cool on paper, dogshit easy in practice
you only need to upgrade your hacking level a few times to hack everything, which you can do fairly quickly due to the nature of the progression system and WILL do because almost everything is locked behind hackable security which not only provides you with XP for hacking the thing itself rather than using an automatic device or entering the right password, but a lot of goodies are locked behind secured shit too

yet the hacking minigame became so goddamn repetitive because I could steamroll fucking everything, there was no point in putting in any effort, I literally just used automatic unlockers on locks I could easily hack because I was so fucking tired of having to go through that minigame again

The game would be better if you didn't had to stand in a corner doing the hacking. To control your enemies is one thing but just to explode them or make them go rogue, it was retarded.

The game would be a lot better if you isntead picked a target and then programmed a set of actions using your NUMPAD that were repeated until the mini-game finished and you could monitor the progress on the corner of the screen to change routine if necessary.

The mini-game was terrible because of the XP. Just like takedowns that had a specific way to maximize gained XP, hacks gave you XP, cash and a few other rewards which did nothing but make it kinda mandatory while not being particularly interesting.

You never needed to max your hacking skill either, the amount of stuff behind level 4-5 locks is so small, you can auto-lockpicks for them and it will be more than enough.

:^)

when you say "right" do you mean accurate or fun?

dragon tattoos suggest to me the man being beaten is asian, not white

Doesn't look white to me

Shit. Back in my day, you had to jam every button on the board just to get through. Someone post the Mega64 webm.

what was that silly 80s movie someone on Holla Forums streamed a while ago where litereally any electronic coulod be hacked? even an old fashioned toaster?
at some point they hacked government computers and the fib were forced to play pacman and various mini games

7th Dragon Code: VFD. You wiggle your fingers around in the air and then dragons fall asleep. It is realistic computing.

Why the fuck is that nigger using a dog toy

female niggers are bitches
male niggers are dogs
you see, in his infinite hacker intellect our hero jamal made a funny reference

It's literally named "Hackers", where the young kids hack the Gibson.

Wrong.

That movie epitomised the "Hollywood Hacking" stereotype. And it's goddamn hilarious how abd it is. Almost CSI-sucks-at-computers level.

Short clip with the protags "hacking the Gibson"
Protip: noone knows what the fucking Gibson actually is.

Asians count as white if they do something racist, such as defending themselves when a black man culturally enriches them.

Hacknet

Wrong.

The "hacking" minigame felt nothing like hacking yet the game encouraged you to hack even if you had passcodes and shit.
Yeah, it was bad. OG DX was better for its simplicity and not fucking with the flow of the game.

What's Uplink?

Not much, how about you?

No, shit, wait.

No, don't even fucking bother - I tried to help you out and you just ruined it.

These things happen.

Uplink, hacknet, maybe deus ex or system shock.

They fixed the pipeline minigame, but that's as far as i'll go with praising this cultural marxist bullshit.

literally only gmod.

Is that a fucking yoyo?

Seriously? The main game was dogshit, no lie, but the hacking minigame was pretty neat.