Gat slit-eyed Asian faggot Jew was literally delaying his game over and over again so he can get his salary for more...

I don't understand.

How could someone fuck up this bad?

proofs?

Because if you actually play the game you can see how it is incomplete. They shouldn't have released a half-made game.

It's obvious Konami just said fuck off and released and incomplete game. It would even have been better to just release the first chapter at reduced price but they had to get rid of Kojima and instead now we get zombies bullshit.

Don't you have a new pachinko machine to ship? Fuck off.

INDUSTRY ICON

ayy lmao?

Gee, how could they possibly hate konami?

You do realize if he had finished working on it he would either get fired(which he did) or get sent to the pachinko mines right?

what are you on about? the game was obviously not even finished. it wasnt finished when it was realeased for fucks sake. if you want to shit on this fucking cunt, which believe me i can understand the urge, at least get it right.

Kojima World Order shilling hard ITT

I don't know what happened during the development of MGSV, but I'm ready to assume that Konami being full of shit as usual played a significant part in it.
Now they are raping the corpse while it's still warm. Nothing new here, either.

Kojimafags aren't the brightest dildos under the sun, user.

Kojima might be a shitter but Konami are the ones to blame here.

I don't blame them for wanting to release [i]something[/i] instead of letting the game slide into development hell.

Just how?

What? MGS3 is the best game ever made.

Brain problems.

Reading is hard isn't it?

MGS 4 was Kojima throwing a temper tantrum. PW was shit and MGS V was wasted potential because of both Konami and Kojima.

Also, check the writers for MGS1, 2 and 3. One name shows up with all three alongside Kojima, but is gone with MGS 4, PW and V. It was Tomokazu Fukushima.

MGS4 had god-tier gameplay, separated bu hour long cutscenes.

PW was overall good game except for absolutely dumb plot.

And even in its unfinished form MGSV is one of the best games ever made.

Nice formatting btw.

Upboated.

Apparently writing is harder.
states that people should've given up after MGS3. That's retarded, it's a great game. Anyone who played it would expect the sequel to be at least nearly as good. You should've said that they should've given up after MGS4, because once it came out and people played it they realised it really wasn't all it should've been.
/autism
Fuck you.

How many times have we had this conversation? Even if things were exactly as you said, the fact of the matter is that he still pulls a hefty profit from his ventures. There's little reason for konami to doubt that he's not going to bring in money, and there is NO reason for them to bully the entirety of KojiPro

To doubt that he is going to bring in money*

Also the updates made to MGSV by konami should make it clear exactly what they wanted Kojima to do. Clearly he didn't though, considering the release state of mgsv.

Kojimbo is a hack no doubt about that, but Konami is no saint. There is no evidence he blow the projects( a ALL platform Engine, a MGS game and Silent Hills) but there is plenty that Konami did try sabotage the projects as they wanted to leave the game industry as quick as possible and focus on easy cash pachinko and made a living hell for their employees so they would quit.

That's some Trudeau-tier logic. You sabotage your own production, cause massive losses of progress and send your employees to the pachinko mines so your game releases faster. Flawless thinking.
Nevermind the fact they locked Kojima in his room for the last 6 months of development, not allowing him to talk directly to his team. Obviously it's his fault the game is so unfinished.

I get the feeling half the faggots in this thread forgot what Konami did to Team Silent.

It's clearly both of them. Konami are jews, but Kojima doesn't know how to make a concise game on budget.

poor bait/10

Prove me wrong but, quality aside, his track record is pretty good. Even if just considering the financial successes.

The 80 million spent on mgsv doesn't even put it in the top 20 most expensive video games to develop list. Comparable money was spent on The Witcher 3 and nobody bitches about how they can't make a game on a budget

No nigger, MGS V is the ultimate example of good premise, horrible execution, I'm gunna break it down for you since you seem like a braindead goon pushing the "muh reddit spacing" meme.

Now to start off, as far as TPSes go, ignoring all other aspects of the game, MGSV is pretty average, nothing special, but not awful, it gets the job down, the problem is there is no meaningful weapon variety at all other than the types of weapons you use, SMGS, Pistols, Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Rocket Launchers all worked more or less the same, with the obvious exception of lethal vs. non lethal and the few rocket launchers that locked on to targets. One weapon was more or less the same as the other, and with how easy it is to compensate the bullet drop and other draw backs on the "beginner weapons" had on them on them, the bonuses the later weapons netted you were hardly worth the time (and there was certainly now shortage of waiting for these upgrades to be completed because of Konami's MTs). So that's an issue, the game plays fairly comfortably as a TPS, but its got no variety there, none of the weapons play uniquely enough to warrant playing with anything other than the starter weapons.

So the weapons are an issue, but what else is wrong with the game? The mission structure and other aspects supporting it. Every fuckin mission is "Boss kill this guy (or take him back to MB)" "Boss blow these things up (or take them back to MB" or "Boss save this guy from a barely guarded prison cell". From pre-release material you might imagine "Hey the missions are simple so that you can play them however you want, you have to use your imagination user!" and to that I say: fuck you, Holla Forums likes to rag on FC3 and 4, justifiably if you ask me, because of how much of the games' fun relies on the player coming up with fun shit to do instead of the game actually having fun shit to do. That is never acceptable, the game designers shouldn't pass the buck to the player to make the game fun, there's a difference between a Choose Your Own Adventure book and a blank notebook. These missions were so barren boring and indistinguishable from each other that I'm shocked Holla Forums sucked this game's dick for so long, the honeymoon period wore off really quick for me as soon as I realized this game was going absolutely nowhere and I'd be doing the same cookie cutter missions for the next 5 hours, which brings me to my next point.

The obvious one: the story. Do I even need to get into why this is just awful? Nevermind the konami meddling, think of how half-backed the story in MGS V is. Your main villain, who you never say a single word to the entire game, has some stupid convoluted plan that doesn't fit into the pseudo historical aspect of the past games at all and just shoves in random shit like parasites and "WOLBACHIA" for no reason. Skullface has a nuclearl equipped mech, why the fuck does he need parasites to kill of the English language. And other than that, there really isn't a whole lot of story there, there was no revenge story, there was no trace of BB or Venom going down the path of no return on their quest for vengence, even when they have Skullface pinned down there, the canon ending is to leave him for dead and let huey shoot him. Quiet is just sorta there, she really just shows up and we let her tag along for the ride for whatever reason. And then there's the awkward forced "love interest" aspect of her character with the rain scene, where you can almost here Kojima jacking off to Joosten behind the camera. It's all BS, the trailers told a better story than the game. And so did the theories about Venom being a body double, the anons here cooked up a better justification and backstory than Kojima's "U weru Big Busso arr arong, did you rike it?"

And there's so much more wrong with the game I haven't even gotten into and would take up even more time and effort writing up, probably more so than Kojima ever spent on the game. And in all fairness, Konami did fuck him, but he fucked us too.

That's because those other shit AAA companies made complete games and not a tech demo.

Kojimafags think he alone has created the metal gear games with no input from anyone else
When 5 turned out to be shitjust like 4, they decided to blame anyone other than their precious nip god

That 80 doesn't include marketing budget. Witcher 3 is like 40 million without the marketing.

This. MGSV is like the far cry games, only in an even more bland and barren environment. They could've at least made the gunplay as interesting as, say, STALKER to compensate this. But no, it's just a mediocre TPS game.

You don't get paid a salary for making a game.

The 80 million includes the engine development though, and it's probably one of the best engines made. Were Konami smart they could keep using it or sell it off, but japanese businessmen do not think long term.
Come on, really? Far Cry is as bland as you can get, but at least MGSV tried to have mission and level design. It's apparent the game lacks content but there's remnants of what could have been, like the battle gear.

Source?

I don't know. The lighting is good, the optimization is good, but I don't see how it's any special. I think RAGE is more capable of good physics and showing many objects at once. Unreal 4 looks better. Crysis is much older and capable of showing more lush environment.

Isn't it like an ordinary tank, only floats?

they are cucks
there is nothing to understand

I can't wait for Kojima to fuck up his shitty movie game Death Stranding. Who are the fanboys gonna blame when the game turns out to be complete shit this time?

he was the vice president of Konami not a mere game developer

i don't even care if he was overshooting the budget. he ended up making good games in the long run, and the way they ended up treating him in the end was fucked. you can't do that to a creator, it breaks them.

Sony

If you think I'm going to defend Konami even a little bit after what they did to Hudson then you can go fuck yourself.
FUCK YOU KONAMI

It's less because of them firing Kojima and more Konami tanking video game franchises for fucking pachinko.

You need to actually understand what the fuck's going on, people don't worship people like that.

Konami is a jewed as fuck corparation that doesn't care about actually making good games. Don't you dare say they AREN'T the fucking devil incarnate, because they fucking are as far as corps are.

At the end of the day, even of Kojima fucked up, mismanaged his project, failed to deliver, etc.. But Konami actively destroyed numerous franchises and abandoned gaming. We care about vidya here.

Get the fuck out of here.

We don't know that because they didn't give us their marketing budget. For all we know, they may count marketing budget as part of development budget. All we have is an "80 million spent on MGSV' figure and you can't even know if it just includes TPP AND GZ, or just TPP alone, whether or not they included the budget for the engine, how much of that was spent on ventures Kojima wanted to spend on versus how much of that Konami wanted to spend on, how much of that is idle pay from whenever Konami feels like bullying KojiPro, or anything else, all we know is 80 million spent to get mgsv.

By the time MGSV was in development, his involvement in the corporate structure was reduced, and he was no longer the VP. The guy who took over did not like Kojima very much.

Konami is the bad guy even if Kojima is shit.

MGSV composer said this.

Because he obviously didn't want to finish it as long as he didn't get all those Jap shekels.

Every source says development budget. If it was the whole budget, then it would only be written as budget, not development budget. So, development budget only until proven otherwise.

I miss the old R*. GTA Online sucks anyway

Kojima never made a good game. All his games are shitty movies. Revengeance is the only good Metal Gear game. Kojimaa popularity came from desperate sonyggers.

You get pacman tier stealth, outdated controls, and boss battles that are inconsistent to the rest of the game too.

you mean the only shit metal gear game.
"look at how cool raiden is now. check out those COMBAT HIGH HEELS"

Yeah, revegeance is pretty overrated. Bullet sponge shit, sword edition. Feels like fighting with a butter knife.

There's only one source for this figure, and we can't know whether or not they meant just developing the game, or any money put towards the game. Still also does not answer any of the other relevant questions.

Source on that?

Sony and Sony is probably stupid enough to throw all the money they have at him. They make movies after all and Kojima always wanted to make those. Both Sony and Kojima need to get their shit together anyways.

I know this is probably bait but no one here really knows how it happened.
If I was given as much resources as Kojima, then damn right I'd spend them all and make a spectacularly ambitious project.
The point is that the way Konami handled it was pretty bad. Shooting down Silent Hills, leaving MGSV unfinished, fucking removing his name from the game's credits? Really unprofessional

How's it feel to defend a company that cucked you out of games for pachinko machines?

Take your Darksidephil playlist.

AND FUCK OFF

Game was great. Screw you.

MGSIV spent 70mil, so I guess it's safe to say that it was TPP only, maybe with GZ.

I defend neither Kojima or Konami. I think they're both guilty.

Fuck off faggot.

I'm actually kind of excited about survive. The gameplay in V was absolutely amazing, if they don't change that at all for Survive then I'll take it with open arms

source fam

But I always wanted a co-op metal gear.

I think Survive reuses too many graphical assets for folk of principle like most users of Holla Forums to stomach.

Personally speaking, I think Survive will be low effort, trying to get a high payout, sort of like a mobile game, and have micro transactions out the ass.

Congrats, your dream has come true and you didn't even know it!

I also want that metal gear with good graphics, good sounds and good controls.

Leave.

Congrats, your dream has come true and you didn't even know it!

NO!!
IT MUST HAVE BETTER GRAPHICS!!!
AND BETTER SOUND!!
AND BETTER CONTROLS!!
AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAYING IT!!!
AND NOT ON CONSOLE!!!

Yeah, fuck me for wanting to exercise the full power of my hardware, right? What a stupid entitled prick I am.

I bet you also prefer BF1 over BF2 or 2142 for the same reason you gigantic faggot.

No because it has filthy niggers in it.

V's controls were fucking beautiful, and significantly better than every other metal gear game (unless you count revengeance).

Agree completely, MGS is looking so much better now that its free of Kojima. Remember to preorder Metal Gear Survive™ today, fellow Anonymouses! OT is not a homosexual at all in this case!

Remember, we gotta hate the devs, not the corporation that fucks the IP.

Hate both and be done with it

Just when I was about to go on a rage about how the first battlefield was a perfectly fine game, I am reminded about the fact that developers chose retarded naming schemes. Maybe they should all do like Valve and never release a third game in a series, that would protect them from this stupidity.

The mods really are slipping aren't they? I feel like I'm on 4ch

It's not the "right" console so it's free game.

no one has said anything about consoles.

Why does this god damn retarded bait thread have so many actual replies? Am I on reddit 2.0?

HOW THE FUCK EVEN? UGH

FUCKING REDDIT ITS ALL DUR FAULT UUURRRRRRRRGGGHHH

I'm sorry, but when did it all of the sudden turn cool to hate on Kojima? Or is this just a new fad Holla Forums is going through, cause he's popular and actually successful? He literally has never made a single bad game, that Konami didn't come into to butcher like MGSV.
Nice argument dumbasses, if you actually have played his games, you'd know that they contain more gameplay with depth than most other games.
Not only is Thief a shitty game compared to MGS, but guess what? It has such a shit simple story that could be entirely glanced over. MGS actually has a complicated story that carries over into gameplay, and reflects the emotions of the characters onto the player. Thief is just piss easy and Internet story-tier.
Confirmed for never playing a single MGS game.
This guy gets it.
There's a thing called talent that some people have.
How the fuck is he overrated? Are you just saying that anyone who gets recognized for doing something good multiple times is overrated, because you can't do shit in your life?
Or he'll make another good game and you can look like a retard for saying that.
Kojima himself has already stated that he doesn't want to make movies, and instead wants to focus on making games with good gameplay, being cinematic just happen to be his style. Of course you would know this if you didn't follow Holla Forums hivemind.
MGSV was all Konami's fault for shafting Kojima. Had it been finished, it would have been a masterpiece.

Hi Geoff

i don't care much for kojima, but can you prove that konami isn't the devil incarnate?
they've been fucking with my card games for years

wait

Are there people that still haven't realized that Kojima is a hack that hasn't made anything worthwhile since MGS?

Remember, he is banging Stefani Joosten while you, white man, are sitting at home fapping to Chinese cartoons.

0/10

Because they've been brainwashed, OP.
Anyone who says video games don't affect people's minds is a damn fool. Between people supporting fucking racism (Holla Forums), swearing allegiance to random nobodies (e-celebs and Kojima), and doxing people (GooberGate), video games absolutely do affect people's minds.
This is why they will never be viewed as an appropriate, mature medium ever in this world.

lol it's beyond pathetic how you worship some gook hack who couldn't make it into the film industry

Kojimadrones losing their goddamned minds up in here

Good, maybe that will help the jap's birth rate.

See?
Gamers are fucking brainwashed. They can't comprehend an opinion outside their little hivemind, so they dismiss it.
People worship Kojima because his games fucking brainwashed them. Video games cause violence, racism, and sexism, and anyone in denial of this fact is brainwashed themself.

And I might add, Konami did nothing wrong. They took advantage of a bunch of fucking morons, and they escaped from this shithole of an industry while they still had the chance. I'm glad they fired Kojima and I wish Sony hadn't hired him so he'd be out of a job, unable to brainwash anyone.

Weekend Holla Forums in a single post.

I don't know if he's going whole-hog with his bait or he really is some delusional faggot from reddit.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Every time you hear an opinion you don't like, you fucking dismiss it as being "Reddit" or as being "weekend Holla Forums" etc.
YOU'RE FUCKING BRAINWASHED
VIDEO GAMES FUCKING RUINED YOUR MIND CAN'T YOU FUCKING SEE THAT YOU MORON

damn, that was fast
i'm surprised, i thought Holla Forums was bad at catching bait
on that note, shitty bait thread op, check my dubs

Tell me, where did Kojimbo touch you. :^)

ok

make me, jew

Does the 80 million include the making of the Fox Engine?

Konami's business strategy has shifted away from a video game production business that it sees as too expensive. Konami IP's will now be used for other products like pachinko and potentially in the future be licensed out to third-party development companies.

The details of the 80 million are unknown

More likely than not their pachinko focus is shot because gambling laws in Japan have gotten stricter. They'll probably take the remnants of their video game division and force them into making mobile shit.

Kojima has a wife and kids, user.

Did you already forget? I will remind you.

not only that but this slick motherfucker got a game engine which he renamed and out-sources to Netherlands.

One would expect out-sourcing to China or something, but no. He is on Sony pay-roll and he said bix nood where the whyte people at? need to be use these mothafuckas. gibs me money too..

If one looks closely at Mark Cerny with Kojima, one can see pure regret in his eyes, he is worse than a codemonkey, he is a lapdog bitch.

I've been saying this ever since I played through and finished and reflected on MGS5.

Konami may have done some fuckery but just by the story and the logic of the game alone there are a whole host of problems that appears they may have been scrambling to try to smooth out.

The game reminds me of old chinese rip-off films. Fitting as you get a grainy film damage effect when you're hurt in the game…

But what I mean is, there used to be a whole swath of films made by chinese and korean directors/studios where they would take several films and cut them together to make a new film. Often times what would happen is that they would take an american (or any white english actor) and have him play a role in one film and then that footage was then spliced on to the secondary film. Reb Brown is one actor that ended up in films like this, so is Jack Kirby (I think I spelled that name right).

That is how MGS5 looks to me. It looks like they started with one game and had likely made levels, animated dialogues, etc etc…then there was a shift of some sort either in narrative of gameplay maybe both, and then they had to scramble to try to get things to work. To save time and money they of course tried to use whatever assets they already had in place while they also had to make new assets and likely maybe rework existing ones too.
I get this feeling because the way the story is structured in MGS5, the villain and his motivations don't really add up, the ideas of revenge don't really add up, plot lines are raised and dropped ("eyes on Kazuhuri Miller") things are hinted at and they are never paid off.
The list in story elements is a mile long but there are also things in the game mechanics themselves. Such as the abortion of a morality system. The abortion of a psyche system (the reason you need to shower), the sudden change on motherbase to the 1984 BIG BOSS IS WATCHING YOU posters that pop up, the zoo…

It is truly, in my opinion, an example of a Frankenstien's monster of a game.
I believe the original idea was that you were Big Boss and you were meant to have this descent into villainy.
I believe that you were meant to have a morality system that wasn't so much good vs evil but was serving yourself vs serving the mission. Some early dialogue and bickering between Ocelot and Miller about which path to take in some early missions would suggest it was going to be a big part.
I believe you were meant to make a decision about the child soldiers about putting them into battle or trying to fix their lives.
All the torture was probably also meant to be moral decision based as you slid Big Boss deeper into madness. "Going Nuclear" where you go full bore into becoming every bit the villain.

But then Kojima farted out this idea of "WHATU IFFU YOU PLAYU AS NOT SNEKU RIKE IN METAL GEAL SORID TWO!"
Which then shifted all of that, gutted the morality idea, gutted the decisions needing to be made, and ended up making a mess with a mad dash to clean the fucking game up until it was finally released missing a whole fucking chapter and with a "LOL GOTCHA GOOD!" ending.

The worst fucking thing to happen to Kojima was hipster faggots a decade later, who never dealt with the blue-balls of the RUISE CRUISE advertisement of MGS2, went on saying how great MGS2 was and how it was a masterpiece and all of that shit.

No sir, Mr. Kojima. I did not rike it.

What? I never gave a fuck about the online. It was the most boring part of the game.

As someone who hates MGS and wasn't able to force myself to play through any of them, this couldn't be further from the truth. Revengeance was ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. It actually kind of made me angry how impossibly terrible everything about that game was. The writing was cringey as fuck, as expected from Kojima. The controls were FUCKING TERRIBLE and felt like driving a tank. The combat was slow as shit and filled with QTE cinematic bullshit.

Literally no redeeming qualities in that shitheap of a game.

Bro the map is literally Afghanistan with Mother Base scraps and zombies. Like, the gameplay demos are at that fucking compound you go to for fucking Mission 2 or 3 in TPP.

Kojima didn't do the writing for Revengeance

I'm just mad that Konami own the FOX engine after kojima and his team worked on it for years, only to use it in one game. Now they just use it for PES, pachinko shit and MG Survive

Doesn't he get paid like a percent of the sales and not a fixed amount?

You have any idea how much Microsoft or Sony would want someone of his caliber to 'exploit' them in this manner? They wasted just as much time and money on turds like 1866 and Quantum Break. Possibly more on the latter.

These game developers aren't all idiots, they know the era of lavish funding and creative freedom is nearing an end.

MGSV composer said he gets a salary.

Who cares. Cinemaplay fuckers like Kojima were principle in getting Konami to abandon their once admirable dedication to real video games like Gradius, Contra, Goemon, Castlevania, etc. That's their real sin, that's the real thing they deserve scorn for.

I'm a lone developer ripping my ass up in half, popping Ritalin like candy so I can have enough dedication and attention to spend 10 hours a day working on my game.

I aim to create shit that's PERFECT to my vision, and somehow I didn't fucking spend more than 100$ on my game. It currently has shit that I never thought I could do, and optimized as fuck because I have autism and a shitty computer - so I'm forced to optimize it to run it. It doesn't look bad, either.

I will probably never release it and kill myself out of crippling depression and perfectionist fallacy, but if I had

EIGHTY MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS

I would create a game of the fucking decade simply driven by the fact that I care and I know what makes games good.

FUN

I'm not posting the game, neither am I going to talk about it, because then I'll just go on about how great its going to be and never finish it.

what exactly is kojima's crime here?
i would much rather developers took time to make their games better, even if it means waiting a whole year or more.

Take no man's sky, (not the best example, i know.)
but i get the feeling they had to rush fuck tons to meet deadlines that publishers set for them.
if they had freedom to just make the game without restrictions it might have been a lot better.

the way i see it any company that forces deadlines in order to ship games before they're even ready are the problem, kojima is just caught up in it.

i think his touch of perfection is a good trait for making good games, after all it is a part of the creative industries.

His crime is trying to pass off shitty movies as games while blowing up budgets at the expense of smaller projects.

Kojima was always a better movie director.

This is okay bait, I guess.

i dont consider that really a crime.
sure his games are less games and more movie, but i dont think that's bad.

he's a tallented director, i know he'll never be able to get mgs3 levels of story/gameplay again, but i find that his games are usually quite fun and play well.

Atleast MGSV wasn't super shit, for an AAA game the gameplay was fairly solid, it just lost out due to cut content and keither sutherland being a mute throught the game losing snakes personality

Maybe if you keep telling yourself that, it'll be true.

While I know he wanted to be a movie director, I'm pretty sure that the industrialization of the movie industry would have always kept him out. Video games were much more free form, though I guess that's becoming less true by the day.

We already saw this shit.

2k16 Holla Forums everyone

Aren't you just a precious little snowflake.

Come here and I will baby.

I want to tongue kiss Kojima.

reminder that Kojima no-joke fried his fucking shit with legal cubensis truffles and everything he's touched since MGS3:S reflects that.
yes shrooms were legal in japan up until like 2006

I wonder when the last time this happened was?

Why are Konami shills suddenly popping up everywhere?

I've never understood the hero worship around Kojima, his best games are the best ones where someone was around to hold his leash, once he got to big everything went to shit.

I'M NUUUUUCCCLLLEEAAARRRR

youre not even worth the Bait image

Well said

Should have stuck to producing more children.
At leas then he wouldn't be known for producing abortions.

No idea why some anons are saying "Konami dindu nuffins".
However, Kojima is objectively a hack Westaboo.

Most Nip game devs need to be leashed. The minute they get total control their game turns to crap. Nomura is another one, though in character design not writing development

2/10 bait, at least try explaining why he's a hack.

MAKE THE VIDEOGAME
NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR PRETTY PRETTY GRAPHICS YOU AAA TOOL

MAKE A FINISHED VIDEOGAME

You know Kojima's a failure when even FFXV does better at getting the job DONE than he does. That's pathetic.

Isn't that true for everyone though?
Same happens to movie directors and western devs/writers/etc, we have editors, testers and critics because having other people check out your shit and tell you where you could improve it usually ends up with a better product, two heads think better than one and all that jazz because a single person is more unlikely to catch glimpse of everything.

MGS2 demo was better than the main game too
It just happens

Even Fallout 4 did a better job delivering a whole product too, remember to buy the DLC that complet…adds more content to the game.

obligatory

That rip off Hollywood at every turn?
Yeah okay.

It's garbage and you know it.
The designs are crap. The combat is lazy. The visuals are meh. The characters are all but nonexistent. I got better anime action and a better story from the Gungrave game than both ZoE, not to mention how every other mech game blows it out of the water, especially Armored Core.

Butthurt snake fellator detected.

This year PES was granted best football game of the year, along with one of the best in many years
That didn't happen since 2007, this is forcing EA to manage the budget to actually make a new game, funy because they are coming from spending more than average on the last FIFA

tl;dr Konami actually managed to force EA to do game design after the Fox engine showed them

Good thing games are about gameplay right?

You're up passed your bedtime.

Almost everyone, yeah. The guy who wrote and helmed the Ciel nosurge and Ar nosurge project is a mastermind, though. There's so much character, story, lore, etc. packed into that it's amazing.

But on a whole, that's true. Unlike novels, vidya takes a team to get right.
Shame that sometimes the director/producer/glorified character designer's ego swells to suffocating levels. Never forget: Nomura wanted to make a musical.

Sure are a lot of lures being tossed around here…

Completely true, fame and pride does that to most people, takes exceptional individuals to keep that shit on check.
Entire fucking kingdoms have gone to shit due to that in the past.

Coppola syndrome
People think producing games is actually creating them instead of supporting their creation process
Kojimmers dindu ZoE

Kojima's?

Besides 4 they had plenty of gameplay and shitload of easter eggs.
The best thing about kojima is that his autism makes him place a lot of attention to detail, The worst thing about Kojima is that his autism makes him waste time doing pointless autistic shit.

You're so bad at this.

Not only about gameplay, no. They are about story + gameplay, especially when you make games which are entirely driven by the story ala ZoE

Or did you forget the amount of cutscenes interspersed throughout ZoE?

Only if the game really cared about it's story. And it does. Hence the reason you can't argue "but games are about gameplay anyway" when you're met with the crappy designs, mostly weak story, mostly lame characters, and generic setting.

Plus, like I said. Combat is weak. Homing lasers + beam blade. Repeat until win.

That's like your opinion bro.

Which might be good if he was working on a Souls title which absolutely demands little details for lore and setting purposes.

He makes action games. The details he puts in, when he actually puts them in, are pointless and ultimately a waste of game development time.

I don't care about the pigeon A.I. in MGS2 because I'm stuck on the same orange crap base the whole game playing a character I do not want to play who is in-game confused for being a woman/fruit (and again in MGS3).

DON'T EVEN START WITH THAT
I get enough of it with the Anno crowd.

A hack is a hack.

This just makes me love him more.

Not an argument :)

To be fair neither is "I didn't want to play as Raiden!"

Yeah good hide behind stupid comments now.
You idolize an idiot and people like you worsen the industry and overall society, because you live in a daydream and retard yourself when confronted with things you don't like. You are fine with everything that turns to garbage so long as it comes from your favorite icon.

I bet you'd start posting about how asspained I am because I even responded to you this last time. I'm done. It's like arguing with a delusional Berserk fan (which is rare these years, thankfully)

You should try finding a job at kotaku man.

You know exactly the entire arguement and its validity behind the grievance over Kojima's "ruse cruise" with Raiden in MGS2. Don't play stupid. I'm not wasting an hour detailing it for you after all these years.

refer to

That's what's so great about it, it's even better because you're so autistic you don't get it.

autism

wew

check his filenames

What is this pic even referring to?

the [email protected]/* */ boat

Kojima makes good things.

You make internet comments.

You are the loser.

[citation needed]

At least he makes videogames.
How's that new pachinko thing going by the way?

bouncing down

Can you really blame the game for having similar weapons when previous games only had like 5 weapons with extremely different types?

Like it pretty much was just rockets, pistol, Smg, rifle, sniper in MGS1, MGS2, Snake eater, etc so having that same bland selection of weapons with minor speed variety doesn't seem like a big problem in design as much as a nitpicking situation.

But I do agree with pretty much everything else, spot on user.

but that isn't trump

No, he makes shitty movies with bad gameplay as an afterthought. The Goemon team made video games, and Kojima's bloated budget cinemaplay tripe scared them away. Now Konami has nobody left to make video games.

I think part of this is due to the fact that Ground Zero was released early. Doing so they forced themselves into a corner story wise.

Kojimafags keep pushing the "Kojima did nothing wrong, he's a genius"

I can't wait until the find out that Death Stranding direct-to-bluray is MGSV with more budget spent on Hollywood actors.

It's rike pottery, gaijin.

I think you underestimate the depths of fucking Konami did.

Kojima literally couldn't even speak to the rest of the team for the last six months. Konami forced him onto a different floor of the building and he had to pass notes through an assistant.

How is Half-Life 3 coming along?

wtf i love konami now!

bump