$10

Is there a game/developer since 2007 that has just been pure quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbdniZ5eYJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yacht Club Games are getting there.

That's great. This isn't a Terraria general. It's a thread about games with good value.

This is the kind of dev I want to be

Reminder that red nerfed an entire armor set because he didn't like people not playing the game the way he wanted.

I kind of liked how Minecraft did pricing—where early versions of the game had been cheaper until the "final" version came out. Too bad you don't see that much elsewhere.

You can only be it if you make a shitton of money and have to never make another game again because you're so rich.

Early Access games do it, but cutting $5-10 off final price.
How much does Minecraft cost now? I think it was $5, then $10.

Oh for fuck sake.
Spectre was released in a completely broken state back in 1.2. You could stand perfectly still and tank/out heal the damage from multiple Pumpkings setting right on top of you.
Frankly lifesteal in any form should have never been put in the game.

Original vampire knives were the same. You could literally solo all bosses at the same time without moving.

Yo-Yo's were a mistake

Come to think of it, this was AFTER some of the nerfs. I don't know if they were nerfed again so it might still be possible, although Golem was the final boss at the time.

Majority of people don't enjoy being challenged, they just want to feel powerful and smart. You now understand the design of 100% of AAA games.

Video games are a power trip and escapism, user, they doesn't have to be designed for autists like you. Muh challenge faggots are the funniest.

Well, I agree, and I hope you enjoy your declining number of braincells when you play nothing but dumbed down shape puzzle-tier skinnerboxes.

are the factorio devs okay or was there any kind of jewishness? it looks like a fantastic efficiency simulator and i kinda would be willing to pay for something like that. full city simulators are probably not my thing and trains seem boring too at first glance

Early access and valid game copy authentification requirement to download mods from their site.
The game is good though and the price isn't something retarded like 30bucks, also GOG version, so other than downloading mods there is no DRM.

The only "good value" is FREE, you morons.

That's like saying the game has DRM because you need a valid purchase to download the game.

In fairness it took fucking forever to get that armour set, so you already toughed through the hard shit by the time you had it.

Well, technically you don't need a valid purchase to download the game, but how often do you have a mod site hosted by the devs that requires a valid copy for download? Other than the steam workshop
It does sound silly to call it DRM, but I wanted to make it clear that the mods are locked behind authentification.
Sure, you can get them somewhere else, but there's going to be considerably less variety unless some are ripped from the official site.

They could've still done way better, if they hadn't made the game grindy and annoyingly random with drops. Entering hardmode, the game stops being about fun, spelunking and exploring and starts being about farming enemies and grinding the same areas you've visited before.
Bosses are awful since you can just fuck up everything around you and cheese it with no effort, and frankly it's like some bosses expect you to do this because they eventually go into maximum fuckdrive and start spazzing out uncontrollably toward you or they spam the fuck out of their attacks and you can't avoid them. They should've made contained arenas for bosses to be fought in.

Minecraft.net looks like a shallow corporate game site now. It doesn't have the purchase counter, and even the "get game" link doesn't tell you the price until after you make an account. Thanks Microsoft.

It was $30 CAD last time I checked

And then they go and make fucking moonlord, which you really actually could have used that lifesteal on. Except that's cheating according to the devs, no healing allowed during that fight. Because why not.

Devs that designed Moonman were agonizingly, painstakingly buttmad that he's easy to cheese, so they (repeatedly) nerfed what you can do during the fight and buffed what Moon Lord can do during the fight. He's still piss-easy if you know what you're doing.

Sounds about right OP.

in some ways yes but it's definitely worth the $5 I paid for it several years ago, pirated 3DS version of the game is quite nice to have

I just don't get what the big deal is, it's a pretty shallow game when you actually get into it.

>100's of different skins for a handful of objects that's fine if you want to make a comfy fort or whatnot

The difference being that vamp knives were an individual weapon. Even if you reforged it to max and had twinked out accessories and potion buffs to maximize DPS and (therefor lifesteal) there was a ceiling to how much you could heal.
That's not true of of the old Spectre. Every time a new higher tier magic weapon it would raise Specte's lifesteal ceiling.

To me it's just about what Minecraft should've been, an adventure-game with sandbox and RPG elements on the side. The amount of content you get for the amount of money you pay is staggering.

NPCs are generally pointless but supply things you can't get through normal play or otherwise provide a unique function/service, wood armor mainly exists for cosmetic purposes or to round out that you can make other gear like pickaxes and swords with it, magic being everywhere is a subjective opinion (I don't much care for it either but it's a combat style in and of itself) and the loads of different types of wood and stone and such are also cosmetic as well as allowing higher variance of environments.

Think of it as a very loosely made metroidvania rather than as a 2D minecraft.
Progression here is about getting into new, more dangerous shitholes after finding new things that are(surprise) largely fixed drops and you get them from performing specific actions rather than just digging a hole to the bedrock and praying for diamonds.

>I poured more time into the building aspect because Terraria is also way better at that than Minecraft

Well, yeah, 2D with rather large block-to-character ratio is way better for building than 3D.
Plus you have paints and dedicated backgrounds and shit.
Makes sense.

Carpenter's Blocks is the best mod for Minecraft though, top notch shit

speaking of mods that are for building instead of multiplying metal and creative flight all for the low low price of tree farm, have you checked out chisel n bits?
youtube.com/watch?v=BbdniZ5eYJA
theres another similar mod but for redstone called super circuit maker

Bump

Jesus christ you're pathetic. That is not how arguments work. Take your fallacies back to 4chan, you autistic cuckold. And then kill your self.